7.4

1. Nov 19, 2012
    What an absolute load of rubbish. Nothing works properly. Combat was better on some PS1 games! Free running is lame....doesn't work as well as the previous PS3 games. Collectables are boring. The persona idea is nice but having to go around in the lady persona is just so dull and boring.

The story is actually ok. I liked it. But the thing is the actual gaming aspect is so terrible I can't give this any more than a 4.
  2. Oct 30, 2012
    I am disappointed, Is this a bad game no, but is it really a good game, i see many reviews are playing the game with rose tinted glasses, yes there are some of the great gameplay aspects of assassins creed, but there are huge problems that hurt the game, The frame rate is awful when moving around it slows down all the time and is awful to play, that almost kills the whole game, what makesI am disappointed, Is this a bad game no, but is it really a good game, i see many reviews are playing the game with rose tinted glasses, yes there are some of the great gameplay aspects of assassins creed, but there are huge problems that hurt the game, The frame rate is awful when moving around it slows down all the time and is awful to play, that almost kills the whole game, what makes it worse is that they add in forced touch controls. If you have to play it then you should wait for it to be on sale or used dont support lazy developers. Expand
  3. Sep 10, 2013
    This game has a boring story that is hidden away from you, poor voice acting, bad sound effects, bad visuals and performance (It barley runs over 18fps), bugs are some of the issues this game faces. These developers were so lazy that they didn't even include a sound effect for the whip, the only new weapon type in the game.

I would be ok with all of this if it weren't for the tedious

I would be ok with all of this if it weren't for the tedious sound track, forced play as the lady persona missions and forced (And awful) puzzle mini games.

The more I want to like this game the less I do. This game was a lazy attempt at bringing the franchise to Vita. I get the feeling that they were just trying to make a mobile engine so that they can port the game to iphone if it works out.
  4. Nov 5, 2012
    I so much wanted to like this game, not only because I am a big AC fan (I've got a bunch of special editions and paid DLC to prove it), but also because I'm always on the lookout for nice games for my Vita. However, I'm now angry and disappointed. The dev team had some nice ideas, but managed to ruin them all, and it's so frustrating. I'm half-way through the game and so far (trying to beI so much wanted to like this game, not only because I am a big AC fan (I've got a bunch of special editions and paid DLC to prove it), but also because I'm always on the lookout for nice games for my Vita. However, I'm now angry and disappointed. The dev team had some nice ideas, but managed to ruin them all, and it's so frustrating. I'm half-way through the game and so far (trying to be as spoiler-free as I can): I need to kill an enemy with a certain weapon and I manage to get the weapon into the wall by touching it with my foot=restart; I get in the water to avoid being spotted, get out of the water... but keep swimming=restart; I have to get in a boat, but in the lady dress I cannot do it= restart; I go to the changing room and get back to the boat as a slave, the targets have disappeared=restart; an enemy throws me into the water=Vita crashes; get into a hay sack=Vita crashes; one of my boats has been stuck 1m away from a port for days... And that's just some of the problems I can recall right now. Enemies coming out of nowhere, random visibility levels, stupid IA, awful controls for robbery, the fact that you cannot go for 100% sync unless you're wearing the dress you're meant to be wearing (i.e. one of the rivals, you're meant to kill him as dame, but if you're not wearing the dress right away or choose to restart you're not going to make it)... And no proper tutorials at all! I knew stuff from playing previous AC games, but I wonder how newbies manage; I'm playing multiplayer by ear, and the boats, well, I had to keep touching and touching the screen until I learned what I was meant to do. It's AC, it's a woman as main character, the settings are beautiful, so is the music, the story is interesting enough so far, so I'm not giving it a zero, but this was a huge disappointment. It would be a nice game, if only it worked! Collapse
  5. Dec 2, 2012
    Very, very, very bad done game. When I played this, I was wondering if did I just buy a prototype beta game: extreme major bugs, very bad performance and very bad sound. The gameplay is the only factor that isn't very bad, but just bad, because it's very boring and repetitive. The game crashes on loading screens while you're on the Animus (yes, you have to re-play the game by scratch),Very, very, very bad done game. When I played this, I was wondering if did I just buy a prototype beta game: extreme major bugs, very bad performance and very bad sound. The gameplay is the only factor that isn't very bad, but just bad, because it's very boring and repetitive. The game crashes on loading screens while you're on the Animus (yes, you have to re-play the game by scratch), there are invisible walls which make you go underworld and crash the game, the sound seems to be compressed, sometimes the game runs at 10FPS and most of the times it's stable at 25 FPS. Plot isn't deep and intriguing. Giving 4 to this game, is like offending other games which I gave 5 like Silent Hill Homecoming, because its real score should be "2.5", but, since the developers may not be very expert with the VITA, I decided not to give it 2. Anyway, they should have taken more time and fixing a lot of things, before releasing a beta game! (And yes, it is a beta game because there are already big patches, and a new one is coming soon, which means that they haven't test it yet) Expand
  6. Apr 26, 2013
    I hate when a vita games dont use the native resolution. The graphics looks so horrible. That is not fair with the player, you watch youtube videos, get crazy to buy and then....
  7. Apr 13, 2013
    every aspects in this game is inferior to those in console version. heck it is not even good game in its own term. graphics are blurry gameplay is boring story is weak
    ubisoft wanted to make quick game cuz pressure from vota owners?
  8. Mar 29, 2013
    My personal opinion on this game is very disappointing,i expected this to be amazing but no it isn't. The Graphics are very poor. The Environment is Very Poor there's just random duplicated characters wondering around doing nothing.the story is okay but not my type and last the performance isn't great and takes a while to get used to.
  9. Dec 6, 2013
    All the ideas are there. The protagonist was interesting. AC is a named we expect excellence to follow. Unfortunately, this garbage is the most painful, piss poor excuse for a game in recent history. I'm angry that I bought it. There is little enjoyment to be had in the wake of the immeasurable amount of faulty programming that is this "game", and that fun is smothered by gimmicky gameAll the ideas are there. The protagonist was interesting. AC is a named we expect excellence to follow. Unfortunately, this garbage is the most painful, piss poor excuse for a game in recent history. I'm angry that I bought it. There is little enjoyment to be had in the wake of the immeasurable amount of faulty programming that is this "game", and that fun is smothered by gimmicky game mechanics and a failure to harness the power of the vita's exquisite hardware. More of a chore than a recreational experience. Shallow story, made worse by the glaring capabilities of greatness that could have been. Shame on Ubisoft for allowing some half-wit development team access to the franchise that I've come to love and expect quality from. Do NOT buy this game. Expand
  10. Jan 23, 2014
    This game has no value at all. Worst combat system in the series, lots of bug that breaks the gameplay. I almost smash the ps vita becoz of it. Now I register as a member here just to express my feelings here, SHAME ON YOU UBISOFT!!!!
  11. Nov 5, 2012

1. Dec 18, 2012
    A match for its bigger cousins on the surface. But dig deep and liberation starts to unravel. [Jan 2013, p.80]
  2. Dec 7, 2012
    Even though the visuals suffer in their tininess, none of the basic Assassin's Creeding is compromised. This is a full-blown counterpart to Assassin's Creed 3, with its own setting, style, character, and location. Bravo, Ubisoft.
  3. It's the glitches and game-breaking annoyances that most let things down. [Christmas 2012, p.96]