7.6

1. Jan 29, 2014
    The first one was one of my favorites on Wii. This one is great but I still prefer the first one. The gameplay isn't very different and the music is very similar to the first one but still awesome. I preferred the charming 8bit graphics of the first one than the new upgraded graphics. Runs great on Vita and it is nice to have this gameplay on the go. Still a great game especially if you didn't play the first one. Expand
  2. May 17, 2014
    As well as this Playstation Vita edition of Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2, I've also owned and/or played the Nintendo Wii U, PS3 and PC versions of Gaijin's über addictive auto-running platformer. Each iteration is utterly fantastic and every bit as joyous as they are (at times) rage-inducingly infuriating, but for me at least, this wonderful scroller stands out on one system more than all others. And that is on Vita.

That's partly down to the fact that Commander Video's sequel looks especially pretty on Vita's OLED screen (and the new slim models LCD too for that matter), but what really sets this version apart boils down to the Vita's inherent portability. With a game that's this downright addictive, the fact that you're not tethered to the living room TV is a huge bonus. It also helps that Runner 2 is just as well suited to quick bursts of pick-up-and-play micro fun as it is longer, extended sessions. Then there's the controls. I can't quite fathom out how, but when it comes to making Commander Video jump, slide, kick and block to absolute precision, the Vita's diminutive d-pad and face buttons somehow manage to feel even tighter than it's console counterparts. Finally, having a bunch of PSN trophies to acquire en route to Runner 2's delicious finalé dials up an already massively moreish title to 11 on the addict-a-scale!

Like I've already alluded to, regardless of which platform you choose to sample Gaijin's unique brand of twitch-platforming thrills, Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2 is an utterly fantastic indie-flavoured masterpiece, but if you're a multiple console owning gamer who also happens to have a Playstation Vita at your disposal, Sony's handheld is unquestionably the way to go on this occasion.

Verdict: 9 out of 10
    An absolute must-have for all platform enthusiasts - especially those who own a Vita!

1. Jan 22, 2014
    The beauty of BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 – Future Legend of Rhythm Alien is in its variety. Never content to rest on its laurels, the energetic adventure dashes from one mechanic to the next, resulting in a release that rarely outstays its welcome.
  2. Jan 9, 2014
    Runner2 is a brilliant sequel and every bit as system-throwingly punishing as the original. Spot-on controls, online leaderboards, and plenty of content seal the deal.
  3. Jan 7, 2014
    Runner 2 is an addictive and rewarding experience. A superb mix of a platform game and a rhythm game