7.9

1. Feb 18, 2012
    This game is a must have for any 2D fighting or anime fan. The game controls like a charm and has a stylish "easy" mode for those who just want to pull off crazy moves without having to learn all the intricate controls. However old school fighting fans will also love how deep the combat system is if you chose to not do the stylish and "easy" modes. It really is a game that appeals to all gamers. The game has many modes and even the story modes include many storylines including a "Calamity Trigger", "Continuum Shift" and 4 other character stories. It a lot for just a handheld game. The voice acting is very well done and is of very high production. The graphics are the best I have seen yet for any handheld ever. The colors pop and the animations never disappoint. Characters are done very well. The game has a lot of style as you would expect of a game like this.

However there is one thing I have to fault this game for and it is very minor. The music sometimes drowns out the voice actors when they are talking. Sure there are subtitles so you can read what is going on too but the voice acting is so well done that when the music drowns it out it frustrates that you can't HEAR what the characters are saying. On the note of music, it is also done very well and has a great mix of tracks that never get old or tiring. In conclusion, if you plan on buying a PlayStation Vita at launch I suggest getting this game with it. It has over 10+ different modes in the game and it will show off the gorgeous OLED screen of the PS Vita. You can't afford to miss out on this gem. This game should be on everyone's list when buying the Vita. I cannot recommend this game enough. This game will give you the most bang for your buck. Oh and buy it digitally. It's $5 cheaper than its hard copy and is a lot faster loading when it's digital. Best $34.99 I have spent on the PlayStation Store.
  2. Feb 23, 2012
    The most IMPORTANT ASPECT is online, and the online battle is near flawless, the connection is well-done and lag is barely a factor in the game. The game gives your character personality and lets you play as a character you like not just on a fighting perspective, but on a personal perspective. Many fighting games lack this, even if its filled with your typical anime bullcrap, Hazama and Relius are very interesting and cool characters. The point being, the graphics are well done the controls are fluent, It is a must have. Expand
  3. Mar 17, 2012
    This is a must have game for any 2D fighter fan, if you are into BlazBlu games or other Aksys games such as Guilty Gear, or even if you are new to 2D fighters this should be one of the first games you own on your vita. The upgrades to online play have been amazing from previous BlazBlue games as well, and unfortunately they failed to explain on the box art that it has online play so i went into it disappointed but was extremely happy and surprised to find that BlazBlu for Vita does in fact support online play and it is really really good.

graphics - 10
    gameplay - 10
    replay value - 10
    Sound - 9.5
  4. Jun 1, 2012
    This beautifully drawn and masterfully built 2D-fighter astounded me with its depth in both content and strategy. There is literally hundreds of hours of single-player content for completionists and endless replay for those interested in the online multiplayer. Online battles are intense, balanced, lag-free, with an excellent player community. If you have ANY interest in 2-D fighters, don't miss out on this gem Expand
  5. May 18, 2012
    If you're into fighting games and want something fresh Blaz Blue it's probably the best option nowaday and hell much better for the PS Vita, the gameplay feels more comfortable on the portable system than on the big guy ( PS3 ) , and if you thought that the graphics looked lazy , the portable system does some magic on the game. And the Extend subtitle is a genuine name for it, it really has many content that will likely be in use often. Just make this one a necessary tittle to your game library . Expand
  6. Jan 29, 2014
    I Love 2D Fighting Games, This BlazBlue Graphics is Awesome, every character have story, and have huge gallery. This must be the Best 2D Fighting in PSVita Ever...I really like it, Fighting Systems is more complex. Can't Wait More Games 2D Fighting With Great & Beautiful Graphics Like This BB Games. Just WOW
  7. Apr 9, 2013
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTENDED is a brilliant game to add to your Fighting Vita games! BlazBlue extended version goes further and actually opens up the story in more depth, each character is presented through a short story wonderfully and it runs through some fights but the STORY MODE is not as interactive as other games are such as Mortal Kombat or Dead Or Alive. In fact is more like a text adventure anime type thingy which is more delicious to Anime lovers than other gamers.
    Whats awesome about BlazBlue is the set of the wonderfull playable characters the number of playabale characters are not so many but in fact it takes really a long time to master each of them. Each of these characters are designed wonderfully, have their own unique attributes and combos. in fact the gameplay has quiet depth in it which is wonderfully balanced between players :)
    I cant complain anything about the set of playable characters in this game !
    Furthermore there are tones of mode to chose and play, a really nice training mode is provided and in generall BlazBlue offers a really long gameplay to its fans.
    Graphics in this game is awesome. The characters are in 2D but the backgrounds are rendered in 3D. EVery aspect of the design in this game is truly nice, specially that set of used colors are quiet beautiful.
    Finally BlazBlue is a really HArdCore Arcade fighting and i am recommending to all the lovers of fighting games
  8. Nov 25, 2013
    every bit as amazing and fun as the console version, in the form of a handheld game. the graphics are beautiful, and the story is great as always. as well as the game-play, although the vita's d-pad makes the moves easier to achieve than the dualshock 3 d-pad. it's a great 2D-fighter with a great story, graphics and game-play,
  9. Jan 9, 2014
    I enjoyed playing this game, I didnt care much for the dialogue, but an otherwise fun game, one of few fighing games Ive ever played. I dont really know what makes a figher golden, or a top notch title but, I know that I found it to be fun.
  10. Feb 18, 2012

1. Apr 25, 2012
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is an excellent fighting game and a virtually identical porting of its PlayStation 3 counterpart, jampacked with content, modes and goodies to unlock. However, it's still your usual BlazBlue and you might not be interested if you have already purchased Continuum Shift II and every DLC character.
  2. Apr 24, 2012
    BlazBlue for PSVITA is as good as in the rest of consoles. It has a great fighter roster, plenty of game modes, a good story and a captivating visual design. But especially, its gameplay is deep and engaging. If you can buy the PS3 or 360 version we still recommend them as you can use an arcade stick with them, but if you want to fight wherever you are this should be your choice.
  3. Heavily recycled from the PS3 version, but still one of the most rewarding 2D fighters around. [April 2012, p80]