7.6

1. May 7, 2014
    I own BL2 on PC and I had middle-of-the-road expectations upon purchasing this game in the Vita bundle (I traded mine in). If you're worried about frame rate, too little players, drastic graphical differences...don't. Here's a quick synapsis of my thoughts on the game.

Graphics: This game looks fantastic for a Vita game, up there with Killzone Mercenary and Uncharted. It's honestly too

Graphics:
    This game looks fantastic for a Vita game, up there with Killzone Mercenary and Uncharted. It's honestly too hard to notice graphical differences on a handheld with a tiny screen as compared to a home console or PC monitor.

Framerate:
    There will be drops here and there, but nothing game breaking or annoying. With the naked eye I would say it sits comfortably around 25-30fps depending on the action or how quick you're moving.

Enemy Population:
    I've seen some gripes about this, I honestly don't notice a huge difference. I've had a vita since launch, I've logged over 100 hours on shooters like KZ Mercenary, but let's face it, the analog sticks can be difficult for twitch shooters. In the case of Borderlands 2, having a decreased enemy amount keeps it from being too overwhelming. I feel like it's just right due to the limitations of the vita controls.

Controls:
    Great, in respect to the vita and touch screen and touch back. The controls are fully customizable, so if you don't like them you can change them to your heart's content. Hell, if you don't like the controls on this game you probably shouldn't own a vita, because the vita controls aren't the same as playing on a console controller.

Co-op:
    Playing with 1 other player instead of 3 friendlies isn't really a big deal. If you're like me, you know a lot of people that own home consoles or PC's, but maybe 2 that own a vita. So, playing with one other buddy online with the vita party chat is really cool. I didn't notice much lag (my home connection is 30-40MBps).

Overall:
    This is up there with it's console/PC counterparts in terms of replayability and action. Some of the changes made don't effect the experience too much, especially for a handheld device. I highly recommend anyone with a vita pick this game up, you won't be disappointed.

My score: 9/10
  2. May 6, 2014
    Excellent, a little dub down but it s a must buy for the Vita. Lots of replay value. The game playable and decent frame rate. Very happy, with this purchase. Sony keep them coming!!!
  3. May 17, 2014
    On Vita, Borderlands 2 is a good port of a great game.
    Borderlands 2 on Vita has it's flaws and issues -- such as framerate, texture problems, but nothing that makes the game completely unplayable. When I came across texture issues, a simple reboot of the game fixed the issue, and the framerate drops haven't been completely noticable as of yet.
    One major complaint that I have is the
    On Vita, Borderlands 2 is a good port of a great game.
    One major complaint that I have is the shared trophy list. IGN had stated that this wouldn't have a shared trophy list, so I was under the assumption that there wouldn't be one. This is a big disappointment for me because it takes away from the replay value of the game. Another complaint is connecting to other people playing the game. I continuously get the "could not connect to host" error. It isn't an internet problem either, as I have tried on two different networks, have reset the routers and can see the other people playing online.

Overall, Borderlands 2 on Vita is good. It's impressive to be able to explore the world of pandora in the palm of my hand. The slight framerate issues aren't that big of a problem, and the game is playable. That being said, I think that people would enjoy this more if they were new to Borderlands 2, as well as people who don't go into it comparing it to it's previously released console versions.
  4. May 26, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an excellent example of what is called a flawed masterpiece. Yes, there are no shadows, yes there are frame-rate dips, and yes the enemies explode instead of just dropping dead. we can live without shadows, and the frame-rate could probably be fixed through a patch (They did it in Killzone Mercenary.) the exploding enemies add some more of that goofy humor the series isBorderlands 2 is an excellent example of what is called a flawed masterpiece. Yes, there are no shadows, yes there are frame-rate dips, and yes the enemies explode instead of just dropping dead. we can live without shadows, and the frame-rate could probably be fixed through a patch (They did it in Killzone Mercenary.) the exploding enemies add some more of that goofy humor the series is known for. True I did play the game for the first time on the vita, and true I did come in expecting it to be imperfect, but all in all it is an excellent game, and hopefully it can be made whole sometime in the future. Expand
  5. Jun 4, 2014
    I previously scored this at 8, but after playing the game for a couple of weeks, I am starting to get frustrated as the missions get longer and longer, because when the game crashes, which happens to me about once per day of play (2-4 hours per day playing), I have to start at the beginning of that level/world/mission again. If I happened to be lucky and hit a save point before crashing II previously scored this at 8, but after playing the game for a couple of weeks, I am starting to get frustrated as the missions get longer and longer, because when the game crashes, which happens to me about once per day of play (2-4 hours per day playing), I have to start at the beginning of that level/world/mission again. If I happened to be lucky and hit a save point before crashing I get to keep my loot. If not I lose everything I gained since last save. I have lost some really good loot like this. I love the game. I just hate that we got the alpha version of it. Fix the instability and I'll update my review. The framerate dips I can live with. Having to replay through an hour or more of a level and lose weapons I will never see again is frustrating as poo. Expand
  6. Jun 1, 2014
    This review contains a minor spoiler!

This review contains a minor spoiler!

This is a rewrite. I originally gave it 8/10 but after extended play some problems have appeared. It's still fun and very playable even with the frame rate drops but the sound issues are really bad. For example if I use my melee attack he will make a sound 3 seconds later or you pick up an audio file it wont start for about 5. The fire hawk quest broke for me so I had to reload and do the whole dungeon again because (spoiler) Lillith wouldn't speak after I have her eridium. And even some of the cutscenes are soundless. It's still a fun game but its annoying not hearing all the great voice work which is there, but takes a while!
  7. May 13, 2014
    Amazing. Such a big game in such a small device. Some critics have largely exaggerated bugs and the impact they have on the overall performance of the game. It plays great, and it feels like Borderlands 2 should. Like I said, it is amazing, truly a job well done.
  8. May 15, 2014
    ONLY UNDER EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD A GAME GET BELOW A 3. My god these **** idiots giving this game 0 and 1 because of some moderate performance issues piss me off. ET from the Atari deserves a 1 or a 2. Not this port of a great game.

My score is a 10 to balance out the undeserved low scores. This game deserves a solid 7 or 8. There are framerate problems, most notable in sanctuary. Luckily you will never need the frame speed high in a safe zone such as Sanctuary. The menus could be a little more responsive. Many people seem to forget that these problems also exist on consoles, although to a lesser degree.

Other than that, I have no complaints. The controls were weird at first, but I got used to them after an hour or two, and now I'm finding it very easy to headshot and melee to my heart's content. I didn't even switch from the default scheme, either. The visuals look stunning. It is hard to even notice any downgrades, besides the initial texture loading (but that was prominent on the other versions as well). Most importantly, ALL the content of the other versions is here, plus some dlc for free.

This is the worst version of the game. That being said, it is also portable with touch screen and gyroscope features. If you still haven't tired of the game, or own a vita and not a console or PC, this is a great purchase. If you don't like handhelds or are an elitist about performance, don't bother with this one.
  9. May 7, 2014
    I feared that this would be a terrible port since the day it was announced, but I was wrong to fear, this is a great game and port. This of course is not its console or PC counterpart, it has had to make many sacrifices to run smoothly on the handheld. The graphics are a significant downgrade from the console version of the game, but the gameplay remains in tact. Great port, 9/10.
  10. May 11, 2014
    I am not a fan of FPS by any means, but I got this in the bundle, and decided to try it out. Despite the frame rate issues, this is a pretty awesome game. Big environments, quality voice work/sound and tight controls. It's a great AAA game for vita, and has me checking out its console relatives.
  11. May 14, 2014
    BL2 is still just as fun as when I played it on PS3. The graphics look very sharp on the 5" screen, and there's still the thousands of awesome guns. The drop in visuals isn't all that noticeable since the game is made to look like a cartoon anyways. The game runs fairly well, the most recent patch seemed to help. I've experienced no crashes after several hours with the game and it stillBL2 is still just as fun as when I played it on PS3. The graphics look very sharp on the 5" screen, and there's still the thousands of awesome guns. The drop in visuals isn't all that noticeable since the game is made to look like a cartoon anyways. The game runs fairly well, the most recent patch seemed to help. I've experienced no crashes after several hours with the game and it still feels weird being able to play such a large game on the go. Aiming does seem more difficult at first, but with the gyroscope it becomes much easier. The game met my expectations and I think I'll be shootin' and lootin' on the Vita for a long time. Expand
  12. May 14, 2014
    It is incredibly frustrating to see how generally panned this game has been getting from professional reviewers whom you would think would understand a thing or two about developing a game... or porting something as ambitious as Borderlands 2 over to Vita. All the criticism I've read about the performance is coming from a place of comparison to either it's console, or PC counterparts, orIt is incredibly frustrating to see how generally panned this game has been getting from professional reviewers whom you would think would understand a thing or two about developing a game... or porting something as ambitious as Borderlands 2 over to Vita. All the criticism I've read about the performance is coming from a place of comparison to either it's console, or PC counterparts, or to other Vita games, such as Killzone Mercenary, or Uncharted Golden Abyss. If you take a step back, and judge it on it's own, this is an amazing game on the Vita - something Iron Galaxy Studios should be proud of, and something that I'm enjoying the hell out of. EVERY Vita owner should have this game.

The comparisons from the critics are flawed. You're really going to compare the vita version to a console, or worse to a PC? Of course this isn't the definitive edition - it's the portable edition... concessions need to be made to get an open world experience as big as this onto the Vita. In my opinion the concessions they made were smart. Sure textures take a hit, sure enemies don't rag doll around with perfectly simulated physics, sure the frame rate hovers sub 30 at times - but seriously... it's Borderlands 2.... on the Vita. Completely playable - content complete.

Comparing this title to other Vita triple A games also doesn't hold ground. Both Killzone and Uncharted are universally praised for their visuals. They're amazing games on Vita... but both are built around small maps with a set number of enemies and corridors. Of course they run well - they were built to run on the Vita from day one. Borderlands 2 is an open world game that was built to run on consoles and PC. It's incredible that the Vita plays it so well. If the critics want to compare Borderlands 2 to other Vita games, let's have it stand next to Assassin's Creed Liberation. The critics gave that game better marks than Borderlands 2 - yet it runs worse than this. I'd get constant frame rate issues that rendered it unplayable to me. Borderlands 2 has yet to be as offensive, and i'm about 8 hours in.

One other thing on the Vita comparisons. From what I can tell, Borderlands 2 runs at native res. Assassin's Creed Liberation was a blurry mess at a sub-native resolution - there are a ton of games on the Vita that limit the resolution to make a smoother experience. It's commendable that the game is running at a crisp resolution at the frame rate it's pushing, especially when you compare it to Liberations sub-native res, and horrible frame rate. Perhaps Iron Galaxy Studios can patch in an option to lower the res to bump the frame rate...? Would that make the critics happy? Seems like they all harp on the frame rate issue... which really, again, is not as big an issue as they make it out to be.

Iron Galaxy Studios should be proud of what they've done - i'm enjoying my experience with it. It's so nice to take Borderlands 2 with you on the road, on the plane, anywhere. It's one of the top triple A Vita games out there, and it should absolutely be in everyone's library. Ignore those "professional" critics, and look at the support the game is getting from actual Vita users. It's an amazing game.
  13. May 12, 2014
    This game is amazing I love it. It has everything the console has with minor problems a few frame rate drops never noticed until you focus on it. Game looks amazing to the graphics feel like nothing has been taken away on the vitas screen and enemies blowing up was perfect should always be like that makes me laugh so much. I rate this a 9 must buy for anyone who has played it before andThis game is amazing I love it. It has everything the console has with minor problems a few frame rate drops never noticed until you focus on it. Game looks amazing to the graphics feel like nothing has been taken away on the vitas screen and enemies blowing up was perfect should always be like that makes me laugh so much. I rate this a 9 must buy for anyone who has played it before and new comers looking to spend money for the most enjoyable game that has ever come to the vita Expand
  14. May 15, 2014
    This is only the second review I've written in my time on this site, and I'm only doing so because this game is getting a ridiculously unfair rap from most of the critics.

In short, this game is outstanding. It's the full BL2 experience, in the palm of your hands. Of the concessions that were made to make this possible, the only major ones you'll notice is the framerate dipping

In short, this game is outstanding.

It's the full BL2 experience, in the palm of your hands. Of the concessions that were made to make this possible, the only major ones you'll notice is the framerate dipping minorly in a handful of areas, but it's never anything major, and how the co-op has been cut down to 2 players.

I'm approx. 28 hours in with my first character, and I'm not even close to being tired of this game. I'm already jonesin' to start a new character, and the (apparently very soon) upcoming cross-save patch for the console version means I can level one, some, or all of my characters up on the go, then transfer them to the big screen for some multiplayer madness. Outstanding.

This game deserves to be in every Vita owners library. I'm not saying any to this to defend the Vita and it's struggles, or out of my love of the BL series; this game is legitimately good one, and you all should definitely give it a go.
  15. May 14, 2014
    First things first: playing a physical copy of BL2, with DLC and day one patch installed, on first-gen Vita.

The reviews for this game suffer from the same problems as reviews of almost any other cross-platform game/franchise. Reviewers just don't know how to provide proper context: does providing proper context for BL2 on Vita mean comparing it to BL on other platforms . . . or to other games available on *this* platform?

Reviewers that go the first route understandably score it low. If you've played BL2 on a proper gaming PC then no, you're not likely to be all that impressed (hello, Kotaku). If you're comparing Iron Galaxy's BL2 Vita port to other games available on Vita, you'll give it an astronomical score (hello, Playstation Lifestyle).

The truth is about dead in the middle. Yes, this port has enough issues that, in my view, it can't really claim a 95 or 100. On the other hand, those issues really aren't a huge deal. If you want to pick and play and knock out a side quest or two, BL2 on Vita is great. Stuttering isn't all that frequent (again, I'm on a first-gen Vita with hard copy, fwiw), and half the time it happens it's during a cutscene. In which case, who really cares?

Is Borderlands 2 on Vita the definitive Borderlands experience? Of course not. But that's such an idiotic expectation that it's almost a meaningless statement. Is BL2 playable on Vita, and a whole lot of fun, despite the occasional hiccup? Sure.

Seems like about an 8 to me.
  16. May 10, 2014
    I know you've been waiting for it...THIS IS FINALLY THE GAME YOU SHOULD BUY A VITA! If you don't know, Borderlands 2 takes the open-world elements and wasteland exploring of Fallout, mixes it with the Space Sci-Fi Story elements of Mass Effect, and LARGELY plays off a sense of humor reminiscent of a Tarantino film (violence and cheap humor). Wow, Iron Galaxy and Sony knocked this one outI know you've been waiting for it...THIS IS FINALLY THE GAME YOU SHOULD BUY A VITA! If you don't know, Borderlands 2 takes the open-world elements and wasteland exploring of Fallout, mixes it with the Space Sci-Fi Story elements of Mass Effect, and LARGELY plays off a sense of humor reminiscent of a Tarantino film (violence and cheap humor). Wow, Iron Galaxy and Sony knocked this one out of the park. As someone who's played both PS3 and Vita versions, I have to say this version is great. A true example of how a port should be done. Graphics are close to the PS3 Versions, great framerate, and no missing content. This IS the console Borderlands 2, but it is better because it can be picked up and played wherever you want. $39.99 gets you 6 DLC packs and a brand new game that looks beautiful. Run, don't walk, out to your nearest store and buy this immediately if you already have a Vita. If not, the $199.99 Vita Slim bundle INCLUDES the game and is a perfect gateway into the glorious product that is a portable Borderlands 2. Expand
  17. May 10, 2014
    After reading others reviews I find they are lacking one critical element, no game plays this well with this much content on such an immersive world as borderlands 2 on the vita. I have killzone and love it, very fast pace and it plays well, but it's linear and more fun in multiplayer. I get bored with all the child games they come out with like little big planet and the like. It's notAfter reading others reviews I find they are lacking one critical element, no game plays this well with this much content on such an immersive world as borderlands 2 on the vita. I have killzone and love it, very fast pace and it plays well, but it's linear and more fun in multiplayer. I get bored with all the child games they come out with like little big planet and the like. It's not that those aren't good they just are kiddie. This has tons of guns, loot everywhere, and interesting fights with funny comments from the characters. It's a great game and honestly stands as one of the best out on the vita to date. There are a ton of great games but this plays so well. People just need to stop comparing to the pc and the consoles, this is a handheld, my gaming desktop obviously plays better but this opens the door for greater games like a elder scrolls game or fallout series. I think the vita has life in it yet. Expand
  18. May 11, 2014
    This game is the best vita game available on the market. It is a must have in your PlayStation vita library. You should buy a PS vita just for this game!
  19. May 13, 2014
    BL2 is a great vita game definitely a must buy for vita owners , impressive graphics and runs smoothly but with a few frame drop issues. There's so much content to play through its amazing how they fit this on a handheld this is one of the best games on the vita. I'll give this a 9/10
  20. May 13, 2014
    Borderlands 2 Vita is a great addition to the PS Vita. The game is great. There are performance issues such as stuttering and some frame rate dips but it does not hinder gameplay and it not that noticeable. The game runs stable to me. The graphics are great. Dont listen to critics and judge the game for yourself. I am having a fun time with Borderlands 2. For a Vita game this is amazingBorderlands 2 Vita is a great addition to the PS Vita. The game is great. There are performance issues such as stuttering and some frame rate dips but it does not hinder gameplay and it not that noticeable. The game runs stable to me. The graphics are great. Dont listen to critics and judge the game for yourself. I am having a fun time with Borderlands 2. For a Vita game this is amazing how an open world game could fit despite the limitations. I recommend Borderlands 2 Vita. I do not know where all the hate is coming from for Borderlands 2 Vita. Expand
  21. May 14, 2014
    First and foremost; IGNORE THE CRITICS. This is a well-made, incredibly fluent console port, and Iron Galaxy have done an amazing job. The critics seem to have completely sandbagged this because it doesn't play exactly like its PC counterpart, and honestly a lot of their writing reads like amateur dreck.

If you own a Vita and like Borderlands 2, and aren't expecting 1080p and 60fps, you will love this. It's as simple as that. I'm not a reviewer with a pretentious axe to grind; I'm just a gamer.
  22. May 14, 2014
    I'm a long time fan of Borderlands and was very excited for this. Finally got it last night and put in about 3 hours so far and love it. I'm a bit shocked at all the griping that it's "not as good as the console and pc versions." Well, duh, dummy. It's the Vita. Less power and a less comfortable/usable "controller."

Personally, I use the amazing NYKO powergrip when I play and it makes

Personally, I use the amazing NYKO powergrip when I play and it makes the Vita much more comfortable to use and makes the back touchpad a much more easily managed task.

I'm actually a bit shocked at how good it looks. There's a slightly noticeable drop from PS3 and small amount of pop in, but that's it. Framerate isn't nearly as bad as people are **** about. It's not rock solid constantly, but it's yet to deter me from killing anyone.

The one thing I will say is a problem is the menus and inventory. When you pull that up with "select" it takes a second to load and then is very sluggish when flipping through pages with L and R triggers. This was only a problem when trying to switch out guns mid fight. I swore a lot and ended up having to run farther away than I normally would have to give the menus time to sort their crap out.

Other than that I don't have any gripes. Plays great. Looks great. In game chat works great. It's Borderlands 2 on the Vita and it's still a blast.

Just wish the "professional" reviewers would get the sticks out of their butts about it not being the same as console and pc versions. If they're using that logic then many console version of games should be docked significantly in score because they pale in comparison to the PC version.

Great game. Buy it.
  23. May 14, 2014
    Very good game, graphics are pretty, and gameplay is fun. It is obviously scaled down for the vita but is still a great and fun game. While I have yet to play a console version, I bought the ps3 version just because of this.
  24. May 16, 2014
    Best Vita game ever, and I have them all. GET THIS GAME! GET IT GET THE GAME. I AM AMAZED BY THE FACT THAT THEY GOT THIS RUNNING ANG LOOKING SO GOOD ON THE VITA. ITS BORDERLANDS IN YOUR HANDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
  25. May 7, 2014
    VITA OWNERS: FEARS BE GONE. I have had my fears and doubts about Borderlands 2 being brought to the Vita, especially after a month or so ago when all the game covering websites were talked about how much trouble it was in. Rest assured, I bought the slim bundle (which feels great btw) so I could get an early copy of Borderlands 2, and let me tell you, it plays fantastic. THIS is why IVITA OWNERS: FEARS BE GONE. I have had my fears and doubts about Borderlands 2 being brought to the Vita, especially after a month or so ago when all the game covering websites were talked about how much trouble it was in. Rest assured, I bought the slim bundle (which feels great btw) so I could get an early copy of Borderlands 2, and let me tell you, it plays fantastic. THIS is why I bought my original vita, being promised real games on the go. This is the best experience you could have with the PS Vita right now. It's Borderlands 2 on the go, it plays great, it looks great, it's exactly what I wanted as a Sony and BL2 Fan.

Things to note about the Vita port criticisms:
    1) Yes, it's a shame you max out at 2 player co-op instead of 4. However, for me, I love that I can cross-save my characters and bring my toons with me to level up, get some gear, or just quest around. However, I think 4 characters would be far to busy for the Vita screen and I think lowering the enemy count makes the game feel balanced and never overwhelming. (Also, seeing enemies explode into a pool of blood instead of falling on the ground is JUST as satisfying).
    2) Controls honestly feel great. Sure, it's not going to be as solid and accurate as a ps3 controller experience, but it still feels great. I haven't played it on my original vita yet, but on the slim I haven't had any issues with the back touch screen. Hitting the back to sprint and melee has worked just fine, and touching for a grenade through feels fantastic (although the least accurate, can be hard to aim).
    3) It looks great. Sure, they had to dumb down some of the graphics and lower view distances, but it's still the best looking game on the Vita right now.
    4) Framerate and Loadtimes: the framerate is fine, I have yet to be killed by any of the rare framerate dips. I will say the loadtimes suck... but the maps are so big that you really only notice it if you're jumping back and forth from Sanctuary.

In short, if you are a Vita owner, and you have been excited about this since it was announced, fire off all the rounds, and throw your exploding gun at whatever worries you may have had. Borderlands 2 Vita is what we have all been waiting for.
  26. May 12, 2014
    Fantastic port of Borderlands. Who could expect better from a mobile version that is the full console version? Graphics are great, controls function much better than I expected, and there is a ton of content to chew through. I encourage any Vita owner to get this great game.
  27. May 14, 2014
    Great game , the vita's best along with killzone mercs, Don't trust the IGN review (the worst reviewer i have ever read) and buy this now. Slight issues with framerate but no big gamebreaker. How they squeezed this onto a vita I never know ! Now more big AAA games on vita please.......

28. May 6, 2014
    This is definitely borderlands 2 the way that you remember on consoles. A couple tweaks in controls which are customizable, and some other small things that just take some adjusting to are different. But this is not a watered down version from what I've played so far. Good times.
  29. May 9, 2014
    I still can't believe I'm playing this on my Vita. Just finished killing Bunker, and I am loving it. Plays great. Looks amazing. I hope they bring more Borderlands content to the Vita!
  30. May 8, 2014
    Great game that suffers from some frame rate issues, Packed with content and everything feels very borderlands. Check nyu727 on youtube for a more in depth video review.
  31. May 14, 2014
    The critics are crazy yes Borderlands 2 for Vita had to compromise visuals, and controls from PC and PS3. Why because its a portable system with lesser hardware and not all the buttons of a typical controller. But the sacrifices are minimal this is the full game portable on Vita. Its amazing to see this running on it without remote play but via a game cart. You will not be disappointed ifThe critics are crazy yes Borderlands 2 for Vita had to compromise visuals, and controls from PC and PS3. Why because its a portable system with lesser hardware and not all the buttons of a typical controller. But the sacrifices are minimal this is the full game portable on Vita. Its amazing to see this running on it without remote play but via a game cart. You will not be disappointed if your a fan.

If their is anything comparable on 3ds or Nvidia Shield let me know because this is a full console experience on Vita, just as Sony promised.
  32. May 14, 2014
    I'm writing this article for two reasons: 1. The critic reviews are ridiculously harsh. 2. For some strange reason the user score took a giant plunge - from 83 to 74 and now its back up to 76- so I thought something must be up.

I'm enjoying this game. I bought the vita for this game. So far I have not been disappointed. The good: For a portable, the graphics are great. A

The good: For a portable, the graphics are great. A long play game so good value for the money. Interesting dialog and plot. Gameplay is fun. A decent shooter for the psvita. Issues that are not a big deal but exist: Sometimes camera angles are a bit wonky when in combat (but this exists in the platform game too). You need good vision to read some of the text boxes. Occasional frame rate slow downs (same problem in platform game).

My son is also playing the game (he's logged 100 plus hours on the PS3 version). He has similar thoughts as shared above and rates it a solid 8/10. He likes the fact you can lie in bed and play this game.
  33. Jul 5, 2014
    This and the Jak collection are the sum of all that's wrong with the Vita. It seems like just because it's on the Vita it gets given a free pass in terms of performance. I for one didn't pay AU$200 to play 2 year old slideshows! The worst part is the Sony and the developer promised sloid 28-33FPS performance! What a joke. Your lucky if it's running at 22FPS.

The game is very good

The game is very good looking. I would debate that the porting was perhaps too straight forward. They should have put in a lot more work to take out some objects in the game world perhaps. Why do I say the game should look worse? Simple: IT DOES NOT RUN.

In Sanctuary you can look forward to playing at 10FPS. Go check Eurogamer.net, they did a digital foundry, I'm not even joking!

They game has no shadows, not even baked ones, yet the textures are quite high resolution!? (I've meddled with Vita development so I assume that the textures are what killed performance because that's always what makes my little games run bad.) In a gun fight the game is NOT playable, in fact it literally makes me nauseous. On a side note, disabling hud bob seems to help, but very, very little.

I fell so bad for anyone who buys a Vita that is bundled with this (Or Assassins Creed for that matter, like I did.) I hope that if you do you don't let this game ruin your view of the Vita. I don't think making this game the flagship title is doing wonders for the Vita's reputation. It just doesn't look like Sony care at all any more.

34. May 14, 2014
    I am honestly disgusted at the critics' reviews that have been published. Borderlands 2 on the vita has it's issues, without a doubt. Slow-downs occur and compromises are made in the graphics department. The controls are also not IDEAL, but are far from unplayable. Under normal conditions, I would give this a 7 or 7.5, but the whining by other reviewers made me give it a 10 to spite them.I am honestly disgusted at the critics' reviews that have been published. Borderlands 2 on the vita has it's issues, without a doubt. Slow-downs occur and compromises are made in the graphics department. The controls are also not IDEAL, but are far from unplayable. Under normal conditions, I would give this a 7 or 7.5, but the whining by other reviewers made me give it a 10 to spite them. If you dock this game for having lower-quality graphics than the PC or console version, you're a moron. The graphics are very impressive for a vita game, especially one that is as large and open-ended as this. The control scheme takes some getting used to, but concessions had to be made in order to fit every function onto the vita. I compare it to the Jak and Daxter collection on the vita, which was another game that was panned because you had to use the rear touch pad, and the controls weren't ideal. Wah.

Sites like IGN and GamesRadar giving this game scores in the 4-5 range is pathetic. If you can overlook the relatively minor issues, buy it. If you can't overlook those, don't buy it. I enjoy it, and while it's not worthy of a perfect 10, hopefully my score will raise the user score average in the slightest so someone else will buy it and enjoy it also.
  35. May 14, 2014
    The frame rate is not nearly as bad as some reviews lead you to believe certainly playable and lots of fun one of Vitas best. I own it on Pc but this seems like a fine trade off to play it on the go. Kids these days don't remember playing really choppy games like perfect dark.
  36. May 17, 2014
    Well, in all honesty...I ended up ignoring this review...and got my copy of Borderlands 2. It is not the same as a PC or console version. That is the truth. Getting used to the controls takes some effort...but no more than what's required to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning. Graphics are a noticeable difference as well - but if you really expected the same on the Vita, youWell, in all honesty...I ended up ignoring this review...and got my copy of Borderlands 2. It is not the same as a PC or console version. That is the truth. Getting used to the controls takes some effort...but no more than what's required to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning. Graphics are a noticeable difference as well - but if you really expected the same on the Vita, you really need to get your head examined. The Vita is a great machine, capable of amazing things, but keep it realistic. A hiccup every now and then in frantic moments, and of course the load times are mere speed bumps on the long road to killing Handsome Jack. But it you're looking for another game to populate your collection on your Vita, this is definitely worth the money in the long run. Lack of polish and a bit of tarnish around it's edges makes this Claptrap unit no less spry and sassy. Or if you prefer a number.... Use a calculator.

Borderlands 2, buy it if:
    You love the game.
    You love and support the Vita.
    You've done your investigating.
    You take my word for it.

Don't if:
    You prefer renting.
    You mistrust Claptrap.
    You work for Handsome Jack.
    You don't actually own a Vita.

(Same as what I posted in IGN)
  37. May 10, 2014
    Borderlands 2: You know it, you love it, you can't get enough of it. If the last bit of that is true, Borderlands 2 on the Playstation Vita is for you. There are a few things to note here, though. Don't expect this to be the best place to play BL2 (that still resides with the PC version), and keep in mind that Gearbox did not develop this.

As far as graphics are concerned, BL2 looks

As far as graphics are concerned, BL2 looks pretty good. It's no Killzone: Mercenary or Uncharted: Golden Abyss, but it looks and runs pretty well. There are some framerate dips in busy sections (I've just finished killing Captain Flynt for the millionth time, and you can see some hitches) but overall the game is playable and never breaks into unplayable territory. They did make every enemy explode when they die (to keep performance up; bodies everywhere would destroy this version) which I think is actually pretty funny and satisfying.

The controls are the big thing; the Vita has been touted as a FPS capable handheld for a long time. The port job is great here, with the default controls usable and completely customizable. Let me say that again: Completely Customizable. Wanna shoot with the back touch pad? Sure. Wanna jump with the D-Pad. Sure. Customizable controls let you find a comfortable setup for you, and this is a huge plus for the game.

Multiplayer is a point where BL2 Vita takes a hit; you can only play 2 players, compared to 4 on the console/PC versions of the game. Not a huge deal for me, but playing BL2 with 4 players is what some people come to the franchise for (then again, I don't think this is meant to bring people to the franchise, but to prove the Vita as a powerful machine).

If you are thinking about picking up a Vita, or have been on the fence about it, BL2 is a good push in the right direction. On top of the other massive time sinks on Vita (Persona 4: Golden, Danganronpa, any of the great JRPGs on the system), Borderlands 2 is a fun but flawed addition to the Vita's stellar library. Don't let anybody tell you that the Vita has no games.
  38. May 14, 2014
    borderlands vita is a miracle. A top aaa console title on the most powerfull
    borderlands vita is a miracle. A top aaa console title on the most powerfull
    Portable gaming experience. Im a little angry with the bad critics. 30 fps? Who cares¿ the diferencies are not notorious to the normal eye. The mencioned framedrops are little, and i saw several like those on some pc games running with an nvidia graphic card and an i7 procesor. The controls are something dificult inicial y but you can tweak them and are funcional with habituation. This is an históric leap on game industry. Sometimes i think that critics Are unfair with everything comino from vita. Maybe the fact that some little piece of hardware is so powerfull means something dangerous to the gaming industry stablishment
  39. May 14, 2014
    The weak critical reception of Borderlands 2 leaves me baffled and disappointed in our industry's trusted mouthpieces. Not only are the reviewers being unjustly harsh, they're also flat out wrong. Borderlands 2 on the Vita, like Killzone: Mercenary before it, proves without doubt that the Vita can absolutely bring full fat console titles to the small screen. What Iron Galaxy has done withThe weak critical reception of Borderlands 2 leaves me baffled and disappointed in our industry's trusted mouthpieces. Not only are the reviewers being unjustly harsh, they're also flat out wrong. Borderlands 2 on the Vita, like Killzone: Mercenary before it, proves without doubt that the Vita can absolutely bring full fat console titles to the small screen. What Iron Galaxy has done with BL2 is nothing short of a technological marvel and the team at IG should be immensely proud of what they've accomplished.

As any passionate gamer would, I read reviews of a game before I plunk down my cash or redeem those store points. In most cases, reputable reviewers give good, critical and fair reviews of new games (instead of being a sponsored shill that so many accuse them of). The mainstream critical reception of BL2, thus far anyway, is just shameful. Hey, Iron Galaxy, are you reading this? Great job team! Your blood, sweat and tears paid off. This is one hell of a fantastic port and I applaud each and every one of you for your immense contribution to the Vita.

My Impressions
    I've played and enjoyed both Borderlands console titles but truth be told, I never put more than a dozen hours into each of them. The first title seemed a bit more focused on multiplayer for my taste and the second title, while fantastic, was just a bit overwhelming for my taste. Level grinding and looting is incredible fun for short stints, but unless I'm playing a proper RPG or open world style game, I just don't spend multi-hour sessions each day in front of my TV (as much as I'd like to). When I heard that BL2 was being ported to the Vita I was elated. This is the perfect game for a capable portable and I stopped playing the console version intentionally so I could experience everything for the first time when it was released for Sony's handheld.

I had incredibly high hopes for this port but much lower expectations for the final product. Early previews of the game didn't sound good and after yesterday's release I almost decided to pass it on altogether. That would have been a huge mistake. I've been up all night looting and shooting to my hearts content and the game is coming with me when I leave later today for a trip.

Most of the criticisms you've heard are true. The frame rate is generally solid, but not spectacular, and can drop a little, or significantly, depending on what's happening at any given moment. The graphics are gorgeous but limited compared to their big screen brothers. The controls aren't ideal and can be a bit clumsy. But here's the kicker, each of these issues has either been greatly exaggerated or expectations for what the Vita is capable of are completely unrealistic. It's probably a bit of both.

What you ARE getting with this game is an absolute stand-out among the Vita library and a redefinition of what portable gaming can be. In a vacuum, without the console and PC games that came before it, BL2 would seem like some sort of magic or voodoo and gamers everywhere would rejoice that the Vita has been given a second life by a first class development team. Well, we don't live in a vacuum and millions of people have logged hundreds of hours each into the first incarnation of BL2, so comparisons are inevitable.

Is this the best way to play Borderlands 2? No, definitely not. The superior, bouncy, fast paced and spot on shooting of the console and PC versions make for a near perfect game in the genre. A better question to ask would be, is playing BL2 on the Vita fun and worthwhile? The answer, unequivocally is HELL YES. The ability to take a game like this with you everywhere, on the go is reason alone to buy a Vita, even if you never purchase another title. For those of you with a PS3, the cross-save feature is a God send. And for those that have never played this game, you're in for an amazing ride. It's difficult to justify the purchase to anyone who's already played through the PC or console game ad nauseam because why spend more time or an inferior version?

For anyone who hasn't played Borderlands 2, or has but really wishes she could bottle the magic and take it anywhere, Iron Galaxy has answered your prayers. I reside firmly in both camps and can gladly say the Vita has its third killer app. Don't let the troubled frame rate or sub optimal control scheme stand in your way, this is full Borderlands and full fun. FUN. Isn't that why we play video games?
  40. May 13, 2014
    Well, everyone's just hatin on this game even though it has some bugs and glitches and framerate drops but this is a good game for the vita I don't care what anyone thinks I can play with low framerate and bugs and still enjoy a game.
  41. May 10, 2014
    I have played and been highly impressed with the console titles as well as a big fan. I was terribly worried when I heard there were issues with the game a month before release. No need to be concerned, this certainly is a Borderlands game. It still amazes me after several days of playing that the game was able to be shrunk down with nothing lost but two players in multiplayer, explodingI have played and been highly impressed with the console titles as well as a big fan. I was terribly worried when I heard there were issues with the game a month before release. No need to be concerned, this certainly is a Borderlands game. It still amazes me after several days of playing that the game was able to be shrunk down with nothing lost but two players in multiplayer, exploding enemies and slighter drop in frame rate. Aside from some screen skips when there are a lot of enemies on screen and super small lettering in the menus, this is an excellent addition to anyone's Vita collection and certainly a reason for anyone to go pickup a Vita.

"Maaake it raaainnnn!!!
  42. May 12, 2014
    Put aside the occasional hiccup in frame rate or audio cutting out, it's still pretty fun. Been playing my vita a lot more since this release. Not sure why ign gave it such a low score.
  43. May 10, 2014
    Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is very impressive. The game runs very well with only the very occasional frame drop. The graphics are not as good as the ps3 version but I barely noticed it while I was playing. The loading times are not bad. They average about 10-25 seconds. There are still almost just as many enemies as the ps3 version. I recommend this game to anyone with a PS Vita. It is aBorderlands 2 on PS Vita is very impressive. The game runs very well with only the very occasional frame drop. The graphics are not as good as the ps3 version but I barely noticed it while I was playing. The loading times are not bad. They average about 10-25 seconds. There are still almost just as many enemies as the ps3 version. I recommend this game to anyone with a PS Vita. It is a must have for Vita owners. Borderlands 2 does a great job at showing what the Vita can handle in terms of games. 9 out10. Expand
  44. May 8, 2014
    Great vita game. Don't compare to PS3 or PC versions though. On its own, this is a very fun game and a large step for the vita. Graphics are very good, much better than online videos suggest. The controls can be a bit wonky with the touch panel on the rear, but thankfully, the controls are fully interchangeable which resolves that issue quite a bit.

You will see some framerate dips

You will see some framerate dips in the menus, but nothing gamebreaking. There are also some slight dips during certain boss fights, but nothing drastic. When not compared to it's console/pc brethren, the game looks stunning and colors can pop quite a bit. I was actually surprised how similar it looked when viewed next to its full fledged peers.

There were some complaints in regards to enemy population and in my experience you will see up to 5-6 at a time depending. The norm seems to be 3-4, but with the control differences of a handheld, you will be glad that enemy population was dialed back a bit. Spawns are also timed well to keep you on your toes so the engagements never feel too easy.

The 2 player co-op ran smooth when I tried it and audio chat was a very nice feature as my partner and I took down enemies and shared items. Overall I have no complaints, though 3-4 players would of been nice.

I know I've already said this, but I feel it must be stressed. BL2 on the vita is not out to give you a carbon copy of the console/PC experience. If you want that, then go play on those platforms. What BL2 does give you is a very enjoyable FPS RPG that you can take on the go. It does make some sacrifices in regards to certain effects and stuff, but considering the sheer scale and fun that you can take from this game, it is well worth the compromise.
  45. May 12, 2014
    Yeah sure there are some issues but the game is a lot of fun and looks pretty good. I think some reviews to date are too harsh. Mind you I never played on the consoles or PC.
  46. May 14, 2014
    I was worried about the critic reviews but I've learned to take reviews of Vita ports with a huge grain of salt. I've played a bunch on PS3 and have not been let down by this port to any large extent. Yes, the hardware is fighting to put everything on screen in a smooth fashion and a number of corners were cut - but this is still a very fun game that is huge and crazy deep. It may be tooI was worried about the critic reviews but I've learned to take reviews of Vita ports with a huge grain of salt. I've played a bunch on PS3 and have not been let down by this port to any large extent. Yes, the hardware is fighting to put everything on screen in a smooth fashion and a number of corners were cut - but this is still a very fun game that is huge and crazy deep. It may be too big a game for the Vita to reproduce perfectly but I am still having a great time with this. Thanks Iron Galaxy. Expand
  47. May 14, 2014
    You have to admire Iron Galaxy Studios for squeezing a very full ps3 game like Borderlands 2 onto the PS Vita. That cannot be an easy task and with that in consideration I am able to look over it's flaws. I think the game looks good for Vita standards. Yes there are better looking vita games but those games are a lot smaller in size so they had more room to invest in graphics. Even asYou have to admire Iron Galaxy Studios for squeezing a very full ps3 game like Borderlands 2 onto the PS Vita. That cannot be an easy task and with that in consideration I am able to look over it's flaws. I think the game looks good for Vita standards. Yes there are better looking vita games but those games are a lot smaller in size so they had more room to invest in graphics. Even as good as the ps3 version looks there are several ps3 games i can name with better graphics so saying there are better looking Vita games should not be a reason to lower my review score. The frame rate does drop with a lot of action going on but not to where it's unplayable or unenjoyable. My biggest complaint after playing a few hours is the ECHO recordings lag a lot when played. Also it was disappointing that cross-save was not available at launch and we are still waiting for that feature. I think more time could've made it more polished to bring it up to a 9 with the other versions. Otherwise great job Iron Galaxy ! Expand
  48. May 15, 2014
    Yes, Frame is not happy with, but it still is borderlands 2 with 6 dlc.
    Good enuf if u are BL 2 fan, ps vita version will bring u joy on the way to the office.
  49. May 16, 2014
    After reading all these bad critic reviews I was scared to buy this game but then decided to get it anyway and try it. I do not know what they played but I have original vita and downloaded copy of game and it runs great my only issue is I throw a grenade by accident every now and then. If you are on the fence about buying its definitely worth it.
  50. May 19, 2014
    I wasnt expecting it to look amazing, I mean, it wasnt designed with the Vita in mind, but rather just ported over to the vita in the space of a few months... But I wasnt expecting the performance issues.

That said, all the content is there and it runs one hell of alot better than the REALY bad vita games like Ratchet and Clank Qforce or Assassins creed liberation... You see, cos while Borderlands 2 can drop frames and even stutter sometimes, at least it averages at roundabout 30fps at native resolution instead of 20fps at a fraction of the resolution like the aforementioned games. Even if its graphics has been dumbed down, and it only has 2 player coop, The entire borderlands 2 game is there with all the content. Wich is great
  51. May 16, 2014
    I have been pretty pumped for this game for some time. I heard about rough first drafts but I remained optimistic. I scoured the internet for reviews after the release of the early edition ( I had to wait) I was pretty worried when I saw IGN's review but then I noticed that the Metacritic critic reviews were all over the place it sounded like they were playing different games. I took heartI have been pretty pumped for this game for some time. I heard about rough first drafts but I remained optimistic. I scoured the internet for reviews after the release of the early edition ( I had to wait) I was pretty worried when I saw IGN's review but then I noticed that the Metacritic critic reviews were all over the place it sounded like they were playing different games. I took heart that most of the user reviews were positive. (actually there wasn't a single negative review until the critics started trashing it.) I've been playing it a few days and I'm happy with it. The visuals aren't as crisp and the controls aren't quite as tight as console play but since it is not being played on a console it's hard to hold that against it. One of the big complaints are about the use of the screen and touch pad which I have found to be a non issue, maybe because I'm used to using them on the Vita also I have trigger grips (which I would highly recommend to anyone) and they make accidental swipes less frequent. the sound and gameplay are the same fun I loved from the consoles. If you are on the fence at all pick this game up it's tons of fun and they tossed in lots of DLC. I only wish I had a PS3 so I could cross play. Expand
  52. May 19, 2014
    A watered-down port. Bodies disappear now since the system can't handle so many corpses so you can no longer see the carnage you wrought strewn all over the land. Multiplayer is limited along with the graphics, which are a bit rougher.The audio is a bit grainy now and I really wish there was official pvp. The game runs a bit slower now as well. Enemies now attack in minuscule packs whichA watered-down port. Bodies disappear now since the system can't handle so many corpses so you can no longer see the carnage you wrought strewn all over the land. Multiplayer is limited along with the graphics, which are a bit rougher.The audio is a bit grainy now and I really wish there was official pvp. The game runs a bit slower now as well. Enemies now attack in minuscule packs which are quite easy to dispatch. Overall, pretty good. Expand
  53. May 16, 2014
    This game is amazing, forget the critics, its like they don't even played the game. Critics like to compare VITA (not other handheld) with home consoles. Well, surprise, vita is not a home console !!
    As for the game its beautiful, graphically and tecnhically, it has some frame drops but it doesn't break the experience at all, and I think with all the support they will release patchs to adress this issues.

Have fun with the game just as I'm having.
  54. May 15, 2014
    Bought this game (hard copy) yesterday hoping that the paid critics were wrong. Happy to report that so far they have been proven wrong. This is a great port of a great game. It does have some issues such as very small text on some screens and the cross save wasnt working out of the box (should be patched soon). I am playing this on an orig Vita so I dont know if that makes a differenceBought this game (hard copy) yesterday hoping that the paid critics were wrong. Happy to report that so far they have been proven wrong. This is a great port of a great game. It does have some issues such as very small text on some screens and the cross save wasnt working out of the box (should be patched soon). I am playing this on an orig Vita so I dont know if that makes a difference but I can report I have not yet run into anything that is "game breaking" . It is not your PC or console version of the game and I would agree that those are the best options for Borderlands, however I feel this delivers a solid option for taking one of my favorite games on the road. Frame rates and dialog have been non issues, the controls (using the back touch screen) can be somewhat strange and take some getting used too. Glad I didnt listen to the pros and spent the 40$ for this title. Expand
  55. May 10, 2014
    For a handheld game, this is a solid 9.5. Created an account just to post a review for this game. I'm incredibly impressed with what this game offers. This is the same game I've played on the 360 and PS3 with no sacrifices. I see people talk about graphics not being on par with Killzone. I agree, but this game offers so much more than "graphics". Borderlands isn't about graphics.For a handheld game, this is a solid 9.5. Created an account just to post a review for this game. I'm incredibly impressed with what this game offers. This is the same game I've played on the 360 and PS3 with no sacrifices. I see people talk about graphics not being on par with Killzone. I agree, but this game offers so much more than "graphics". Borderlands isn't about graphics. It's about looting and shooting. And it offers a great experience in both. I've just completed my first playthrough and experienced no major problems. Occasional frame rate drop (just like on the consoles at save points and in Sanctuary) don't hinder the experience at all. If you have your Vita for JRPG's, don't get this. For everybody else, this is a must buy. You will not be disappointed! Expand
  56. May 11, 2014
    Borderlands 2 on the Vita you say, well it's impressive if you keep in mind it's a handheld console.

I don't usually review games but with the surprising lack of reviews from the big name reviewers during this bundle only launch week I feel I have to chime in. It's important to note, that I dislike playing FPS's on consoles as I am not much to play with the dual sticks. Mostly PC with FPS's.

Borderlands 2 on the PS Vita is impressive, very impressive. Amazing really.

Graphics: Not as good as the console but did you really think they would be? The Vita port makes great use of the cell-shaded style and aesthetic of the original despite using more simple textures. Things like shadows and other effects are gone but on the limited screen size of the Vita the game looks stunning. Enemies burst into a splat of blood rather than rag doll onto the ground on being killed, but the effect feel good. There is some pop in of textures as the system has to background load textures, but I noticed this issue on my Mac (where I usually play BL2) and my PS3 as well so nothing unexpected.

Framerate: This is going to be the thing that kills most "elite" gamers from the game. Gameplay is smooth despite the frame rates hovering between 27-32fps (estimated). Even in heavy action situations I have never had it drop too low to play properly. If you were playing with a keyboard and mouse this FPS would really be an issues but with the Vita's control scheme, it doesn't have much of an effect.

Baddie Counts: Yes there are slightly decreased counts of enemies on screen. No it's not really an issue. Due to the nature of the Vita controls, they have balanced these two issues well. Your elite twitch gamers who is great with Vita dual sticks (very short sticks make twitch aiming difficult) might find the game too easy but I surely don't. I feel the balance was set perfectly.

Multiplayer: I don't do much Coop but the little bit I have played, played very well. The removal of 4 player in favor of the two player seems to work well with the balancing that they have created with enemy counts and the controls.

Cross Save: Cross save is not functional on the PS3 version at this time but it does work between BL2 on your Vitas (Have two now) Testing Cross-Save between them revealed a very elegant system. It's not an all or nothing transfer. You can "upload" 1 character at a time to Cross-Save and then download them to the other. When you download, you choose what character slot to save it in as opposed to a direct replace. It, with my limited testing, works very well and I look forward to being able to play on PS3 at home and just take my character on the road for some additional grinding and looting when away.

All in all: Borderlands 2 for the PS Vita is a gem. It really is most suited to people who play BL2 on the PS3 though. The ability to "Cross Save" is amazing though I would love to see this Cross Save functionality become platform independent. I understand this would likely never work between Sony and Microsoft platforms but there is no reason not to include it between PC/Mac and the consoles.

Extra note... as of yet, there is not one "professional" review for this game. I am guessing that they are gagged until Tuesday, the official release date but not really sure. Deep down, I am expecting pretty crappy reviews from these reviewers though. Their ability to differentiate between home console and handheld console games astounds me though. This will never be BL2 on PS3 or PC, it's a handheld. But what Iron Sky has done here is amazing. Just my $0.02.

Enjoy!
  57. May 12, 2014
    despite some flaws this is a really good port. it comes with several dlc packs, including both dlc characters. there is some frame rate drop, but not often. the graphics are ok, but can't really compare to the consoles or pc version. the controls can be remapped however you want, and controls very well. the only other negative is that co-op is restricted to only one other person .
  58. May 13, 2014
    I recently bought the physical copy of the game and I'm still in the beginning of the game. Even though I have not completed the game yet, I know this would already be a great game in my book. My jaw was dropped every second I played the game. Graphics are great for a portable, frame-rate does drop or will lag at times, but it isn't game-breaking. Controls are decent, and you can literallyI recently bought the physical copy of the game and I'm still in the beginning of the game. Even though I have not completed the game yet, I know this would already be a great game in my book. My jaw was dropped every second I played the game. Graphics are great for a portable, frame-rate does drop or will lag at times, but it isn't game-breaking. Controls are decent, and you can literally customize every button at your own will, which is pretty cool. My verdict, get this game as soon as possible if you own a vita and have not played borderlands 2 yet. Expand
  59. May 14, 2014
    AMAZING GAME!
    DONT LISTEN TO THE CRITICS. they don't even really play vita games anyways! they dont know a good game if they seen one,
    the only negative thing about this game is the frame rate drops sometimes! big deal! its hardly any lag at all.
    Graphics are great on the vita screen! try it for your self. im telling you its one of the best vita games ever!
  60. May 13, 2014
    Borderlands 2 on the Vita is packed to the gills with content. It's amazing really, and quite the accomplishment. But what it boasts in content, it lacks in technical proficiency. The framerate often dips below 30fps, often in the larger areas or during massive firefights, but never to the point of being unplayable. The framerate takes the biggest hit in Sanctuary, hovering somewhereBorderlands 2 on the Vita is packed to the gills with content. It's amazing really, and quite the accomplishment. But what it boasts in content, it lacks in technical proficiency. The framerate often dips below 30fps, often in the larger areas or during massive firefights, but never to the point of being unplayable. The framerate takes the biggest hit in Sanctuary, hovering somewhere above 15fps. But again, these technical issues don't detract from the experience in any significant way. The controls are, for the most part, tight and responsive, and completely customizable. Framerate skips can sometimes throw off your aim, however. Many review outlets have pointed out the poor implementation of rear touchpad control, but I have to say that they're nowhere near as bad as some claim. Part of the trouble these reviewers seem to have stems from their insistence on tapping the pad; I swipe it, and could not be more pleased with the responsiveness. Unfortunately the game seems prone to freezing and crashing, particularly when questing in cooperative multiplayer. Additionally, the audio cuts out from time, the textures load somewhat sporadically, the menu screens tend toward unresponsiveness, and the load times, while not as atrocious as previously feared, are still overly long. But despite these technical drawbacks, the game is still the same zany tour of Pandora we all know and love. It's a blast, but the list of issues makes what was a great console game merely a pretty good handheld game. Still a worthwhile purchase and experience, if only for the insane amount of content. And here's hoping some of the issues get patched in future updates. Expand
  61. May 15, 2014
    In all honesty go with the user score on this one because this game plays much better than expected. Many reviews have stated that the controls are too finicky but I didn't have that issue (then again I'm using an original model Vita). The limited amount of enemies on screen at once is actually beneficial since the analog sticks are a bit wonky. The frame rate has been fairly smooth evenIn all honesty go with the user score on this one because this game plays much better than expected. Many reviews have stated that the controls are too finicky but I didn't have that issue (then again I'm using an original model Vita). The limited amount of enemies on screen at once is actually beneficial since the analog sticks are a bit wonky. The frame rate has been fairly smooth even in some of the larger areas with the only negative being longer load times than on consoles. Also, even though they're advertising 6 DLC packs included you're really only getting 2 plus the extra classes and level cap increase but for only 40 bucks it's worth it. Expand
  62. May 20, 2014
    I really don't see what the fuss is about over the fact that this is a ported down version of the PC version. Really, they aren't even comparable. Sure, they're the same game, and the Vita does an amazing job handling it. The controls are in no way "glitchy", and they did an excellent job incorporating the touchscreens, front and back. No one has even mentioned the fact that if you tiltI really don't see what the fuss is about over the fact that this is a ported down version of the PC version. Really, they aren't even comparable. Sure, they're the same game, and the Vita does an amazing job handling it. The controls are in no way "glitchy", and they did an excellent job incorporating the touchscreens, front and back. No one has even mentioned the fact that if you tilt the Vita while in ADS, the gun AIMS. That's a feat in and of itself. Graphically, there is very little difference. Less grass, watered down textures, all to be expected from a ported down version, but it isn't enough to gripe about. Borderlands never was about graphics, anyway, what with the cel-shaded graphics that always seemed a little cartoony to me, but for the style of game, it fit. One of my most favorite things to do was to shoot an enemy, and after one shot from the sniper rifle, have them explode into a cloud of gore, which still looks as beautiful as ever on the Vita. The framerate dips, but for me it was hardly noticeable. The Vita keeps up well, and the game only crashed twice, both times immediately after startup, so no progress was really lost. The initial load time is fairly slow, but after that, it takes no longer than console versions. Call me a fanboy, but I say that the Vita version of Borderlands 2 stands with the console version, and proves itself as one of the Vita's best titles. It harnessed the full power of the Vita, making it literally a handheld console. Graphics are on par with the console (PC isn't even a comparable medium; it's apples to oranges, or rather desktops to handhelds), and I never really had a problem with glitching or lagging. Bringing all of Borderlands to to the palm of your hand, wherever you are, with all of the DLC, is a major feat that was well-realized by the developers, and the Vita port is the best thing to come to handhelds in a while. Expand
  63. May 21, 2014
    BL2 for the ps vita is great for what it is. Borderlands on the go. Sure there are some framerate issues and the graphics are obviously downgraded but the fun is still here. Controls take some time to get used to but I love that you can customize them. It's a solid 7, no higher no lower.
  64. May 31, 2014
    Very Clear that this game is not getting fair reviews going by what the most review sites are putting out.
    Personally i think that its a fine game on the vita, controls are a bit weird at first till you figure them out.
    All in all the game runs smoothly and looks good.
    Don't be put off by so many negative reviews.
  65. Jun 1, 2014
    Excellent port, perfect for the vita. Disappointed initially by the bad reviews but still bought it and I'm glad I did, I suppose that reviewers are giving scores in comparison to the ps3 version but they shouldn't. Still, I played for 10 hours and can't understand where they saw all these graphics/fps problems they mention.

In my opinion, a must have for this console.
  66. Jun 16, 2014
    A Great Game. Don't Believe the Haters!

The overly negative and picky reviewers who complained about this title simply had unrealistic expectations. In reality, the graphics, controls, and performance are just fine considering the limitations of the Vita. If you don't like this game then I'm afraid that the problem is you, not the game, or the Vita. I have been playing portable video
    A Great Game. Don't Believe the Haters!

If you don't like this game then I'm afraid that the problem is you, not the game, or the Vita. I have been playing portable video games for over 30 years since even before the original GameBoy, going back to the horrific LED handheld games of the 1980s. I have had the Atari Lynx, all the color Gameboys up to the 3DS XL, and various iPhones. From my perspective this game is a God-send not only for the Vita, but for handheld gaming in general. Borderlands 2 for Vita is—by far—the best handheld game ever.

Is the Vita perfect? No. However Borderlands 2 plays well enough on Vita to have gotten me addicted and occupied me for many hours on long flights and while others were using my TV. It's frankly amazing they were able to pack the entire thing into the Vita and get it to run at a playable FPS.

To make it easier Borderlands 2 also did something smart by dividing the rear touch-pad into two buttons instead of four like some games have done. That allows you to slide your finger down the panel in case it doesn't register at first, and I have never had it glitch out if I did that. I have very cold, dead hands, and found the rear panel very unresponsive at first but I realized the trick is to touch it with the warmest, meaty, soft part of your fingertip instead of using the hard, knuckle side. Holding it the way described below let me do that.

The trick was that I adjusted how I held the Vita. At first I held it like I would hold a PS3 controller, wrapping my fingers around the back. However this didn't work because I would errantly activate the rear panel. The solution I found is to hold the Vita where its edges only touch the inside of each hand's index finger and thumb area, and then curl my middle fingers down to rest in the rear, indented, rubberized, oval-shaped areas. That holds the unit firmly in place. After that, I only use my ring finger on each hand with the rear touch panel. This hand formation allows the ring finger to have a better angle-of-approach on the rear panel in order to make solid contact with that soft, meaty, warm part of the finger, so as to register a good hit every time. It also prevents slippage that had previously been causing me to accidentally touch outside of the rear panel area, because when my middle fingers are firmly seated in the oval areas, that gives a fixed point of reference allowing my ring finger not to miss.

Online play seemed to work fine, with voice chat coming through and no discernible lag (I was the host though). I don't mind it only being two players instead of four.

The game does not crash or freeze up any more often than the 360 version. In fact it seems to be more stable, if anything. I was able to switch to settings and then come back without dropping the online connection to a fellow player.

Drop rates seem good, I've gotten a couple of Legendaries and four natural purples up to level 11.

If you are a super-hardcore gamer who plays OP8 and wants to farm hoards of mobs at the highest level while "Drunk" so that your guns spew millions of bullets that bring all but the most elite PC gaming rigs to their knees, then I suggest you either steer clear of this Vita version or adjust your gameplay style to play within the limits of this hardware. I think that's a reasonable approach and you should not give this game a lower rating because of the Vita's limitations.

That being said, this game really makes me hope that Sony puts out a higher-performing version of the Vita that runs all the same games while performing with faster FPS. I'm still not sure why they haven't done so already.
  67. May 19, 2014
    The game does not run smoothly for me, so buy at your own risk. For the game itself, quite a lot of the content has been removed from the original version of the game, and the graphics are not good, and do not match up to some of the other big Vita titles offer. I was hoping this game could justify my vita, given the huge success of the game on other platforms, but this game has reallyThe game does not run smoothly for me, so buy at your own risk. For the game itself, quite a lot of the content has been removed from the original version of the game, and the graphics are not good, and do not match up to some of the other big Vita titles offer. I was hoping this game could justify my vita, given the huge success of the game on other platforms, but this game has really failed to capture any of my praise. It stutters and jerks, crashes on multiple occaisions and loses progress. For a game of this type, that is game-breaking. Also, although you can get used to the controls, to an extent, after a while, they are unnatural, and i am always pressing buttons by accident. Expand
  68. May 13, 2014
    Great Version. Just remember people, your playing it on a hand held device not a home console. What did you expect?

A handheld PS3? I have one of those, it's called a PS3.
  69. Jun 23, 2014
    This game has too many DLCs. Even though it is fun and looks good, the developer or publisher is trying to make the maximum money out of the game with mostly annoying, overpriced and pointless DLCs. Join the Anti-DLC-Force!
  70. Jun 2, 2014
    I started playing this game and even though the presentation was gorgeous I wasn't sure to begin with. An hour in though and I was absolutely hooked! I never played this game previously on any other platform so unlike most other reviewers I played it from a fresh perspective as opposed to constantly comparing graphical differences.

Honestly, for a handheld game it is absolutely

Honestly, for a handheld game it is absolutely fantastic, the world is huge and beautiful and there is just so much to do its ridiculous. The fact I get it to play it whenever I want, either on the go or while away from home is great. The full console game experience is there and considering it cost me under £20 and came with most of the DLC released on the PS3 version it really is great value.

This game has already entertained me for 20 hours over the weekend and I've only just scratched the surface and loving every minute. I have friends on my list who want to play co-op with me and I'm even thinking of downloading the ps3 version (which i got free with ps plus) thanks to the cross save option which allows me to bring my character over. I'll then be able to play with some of my other friends who want to do 4 player co-op.

I'm so glad this Borderlands 2 came to Vita as it was the push I needed to finally try out this amazing game. Kudos to Sony or whoever chose the price point for not charging full price. An excellent addition to anyone's Vita library and certainly one of the best games on the system let alone on any handheld...
  71. Jun 1, 2014
    Other than a few bugs here and there the game is excellent, I see no reason why critics gave it a low score. There is no problems with frame rate and I have no problems with the back touch panel.

This game is a must buy for Vita owners, honestly forget what critics say and try for yourself.
  72. May 29, 2014
    I was nervous when i heard that borderlands 2 will be ported to the Vita, worried that one of my favourite games will be ruined. luckily, that wasn't the case ! don't believe professional critics, this game runs smooth, looks and plays better than on my Laptop (Dell Inspiron n7110). this is a must buy to any BL2 fan, having a Triple A game on the go? YES PLEASE! well worth your money.
  73. Jun 1, 2014
    This is the best ps vita port of any console game ever. Do not believe any of the reviews from ign, gamespot etc It is mental to think that some of the major game review sites have slated this game because of the GRAPHICS! there are not that bad! there are good enough and you have the whole game in this package on the go, on the bus on the train etc anyway you want! so it is an amazing deal!!!
  74. May 14, 2014
    I was REALLY dissapinted over this game. Its nothing what i wanted, Random frame rate drops graphical glitches all over the place, but still the game isnt bad if you want a real FPS on your get Killzone: Mercenary runs better plays better.
  75. May 12, 2014
    This is sad for me, I had a vita and it got stolen. So I was incredibly excited to see that I would get borderlands 2 with my new Vita slim. Once i got my slim I downloaded it right away, excited to see Borderlands on the small screen, but that was the one and only time I ever got excited by this game. After figuring out which character I wanted the game started and was graced to the snowThis is sad for me, I had a vita and it got stolen. So I was incredibly excited to see that I would get borderlands 2 with my new Vita slim. Once i got my slim I downloaded it right away, excited to see Borderlands on the small screen, but that was the one and only time I ever got excited by this game. After figuring out which character I wanted the game started and was graced to the snow level of the game running on my vita, I found clap trap, and I was on my way. But once I finally got around to encountering an enemy my happiness withered away. And thats when I realized that when there is an enemy or multiple enemies on the screen the frame rate drops at an alarming rate. Making the game down right unplayable. I pressed on for about 6 hours of the game but today I finally had enough. I have witnessed many great games on the vita that looked better and ran way better than this game, this game is worthless for the vita. I am glad I didn't buy a physical copy and that this game came free with my vita, because this would have been a much more vial review if that had been the case. Don't give this lazy port any money, it does not deserve a cent. Expand
  76. May 12, 2014
    Absolutely terrible game, with frame drops all over the place, absolutely tiny text that's nearly impossible to read, and an awkward control scheme that leads mostly to frustration.
  77. TBV
    May 13, 2014
    It is always good when third party devs support the vita. While it is a good thing Borderlands 2 came to vita, it is not all fun and roses in the performance department. Nevertheless, this game looks great on your vita. If you can forgive that framerate, you will have a great time.

Pros: Looks really good on the OLED screen, Borderlands on the go
    Cons; The lag makes aiming a chore
  78. Jun 4, 2014
    This game can easily be forgiven for the little let downs. Once about an hour in your fully sold and ready to put in many more. A great buy at only £20 for a near console quality game on the go.
  79. Jul 2, 2014
    Borderlands 2 on a handheld! Amazing. Of course there have been concessions made, bodies disappearing the most obvious. And the audio lags when interacting with major ai characters sometimes, which is annoying. And the frame rate can cause skips, but you can live with all of this. The naysayers need to get a reality check into how far handheld gaming has progressed in the last decade, andBorderlands 2 on a handheld! Amazing. Of course there have been concessions made, bodies disappearing the most obvious. And the audio lags when interacting with major ai characters sometimes, which is annoying. And the frame rate can cause skips, but you can live with all of this. The naysayers need to get a reality check into how far handheld gaming has progressed in the last decade, and stop comparing the game to how it operates on the ps3, otherwise we may as we'll rate it a 7 on the ps3 given that the PC version blows the ps3 version away on a PC with some grunt (especially in relation to multiplayer functionality).

Borderlands and borderlands 2 rock the world. All formats. Vita included. On the bus, on the train, waiting in a queue! Borderlands 2!!!!!!!
  80. Jun 10, 2014
    Insulting and completely biased, that are the labels I put on many reviews I've been seeing for this game. I've been playing for 50 hours now and all I can say is thanks Iron Galaxy for bringing a huge good title to the Vita. Now let me explain my point here. Vita is the best handheld device for gaming ever created, yet, sadly, it's being ignored by most devs out there and the situationInsulting and completely biased, that are the labels I put on many reviews I've been seeing for this game. I've been playing for 50 hours now and all I can say is thanks Iron Galaxy for bringing a huge good title to the Vita. Now let me explain my point here. Vita is the best handheld device for gaming ever created, yet, sadly, it's being ignored by most devs out there and the situation has come to a critical point where no 3rd party games are being released because the system is not selling well, and the system is not selling well because 3rd party games are not being released, so... this dangerous circle is leaving this poweful piece of hardware agonizing... 95% of the games released for the Vita are indie games. Now don't get me wrong, indie games are cool and that but everybody knows PS Vita is capable of MUCH MORE than that , just look at Killzone Mercenary... So, at least!, a great 3rd party game is released and, what do the reviewers do?? Bash the game violently, comparing it to the PS3, XBOX and PC versions, whining about framerate drops,etc... Seriously?! C'mmon guys! I've been playing this for 50 hours and I intend to keep playing for the rest of 2014. This game is awesome, it's still the Borderlands you all know and now ON THE GO! Is it perfect? No, of course not, actually it was clearly rushed to meet the schedule. It's got several bugs, the optimization seems bad in some aereas and my game crashed 5 times, I give you that, but Iron Galaxy is preparing a patch that hopefully will fix these issues and then, what then IGN? What then GamesRadar? What then USGamer? Will you change your reviews? I really hope so, because what Iron Galaxy did here doesn't desrve that insulting reviews. PS Vita is in a critical point, where we can help it rise up, or we can kill off the system. I love this hardware and I hope gamers get real and help reVITAlize it, because after what I saw in the reviews for this game I lost my faith in the so-called "specialized people". Expand
  81. May 27, 2014
    Having spent about a week with the game (OLED vita, physical copy, all dlc installed, patched) I have to say this game fulfills the purpose I bought it for, which is giving me a great game with depth on the go. I enjoyed borderlands 2 on ps3 and wanted to play through again with other characters. The game isn't perfect, and I think another patch or 2 is necessary to make it the gameHaving spent about a week with the game (OLED vita, physical copy, all dlc installed, patched) I have to say this game fulfills the purpose I bought it for, which is giving me a great game with depth on the go. I enjoyed borderlands 2 on ps3 and wanted to play through again with other characters. The game isn't perfect, and I think another patch or 2 is necessary to make it the game gearbox wants it to be. I haven't had any issues with the framerate stutters affecting my progress, as it seems to only happen when I'm moving extremely quickly (in a vehicle) and it's very minor. The controls work well enough and if you've played other shooters on vita this will be no problem to pick up and play. This game is WORTH THE BUY for any vita owner who enjoys shooters and/or games with great replay value. Expand
  82. May 30, 2014
    Great game on great system - but also with some problems

Following is based on version 1.03 of the game and around 20 hours of game play. Here is what I found: The Port Borderlands 2 fits right at home on Sony's portable system. It's the same great game that it was on the consoles. The port shares all the content (story, RPM elements, items, guns) that the original Borderlands 2
    Great game on great system - but also with some problems

The Port

Borderlands 2 fits right at home on Sony's portable system. It's the same great game that it was on the consoles. The port shares all the content (story, RPM elements, items, guns) that the original Borderlands 2 release offers + 6 free DLC. It's perfect for pick up and play.

Visuals

Visually this game looks fantastic, with only minor cutbacks to the graphics which most people won't mind since the game is styled in a cell shaded graphics and doesn't attempt to compete with Killzone Mercenary for best graphics. Yes, there is no rag-dolling but that's a small price to pay for the game to fit in your pocket. The only area that 'bothers' me a bit is the 3D view of weapon models in which the guns don't look quite as sharp and clean as in the console counterparts.

Controls

I found the controls to work really well once you customize them to your liking. I put weapons change and running on the rear touchpad which works perfectly except that I sometimes exit the vehicle accidentally when touching the rear touchpad. The vita's thumbsticks work fine for walking around and moving the camera and due to the gyro aiming the less sensitive thumb sticks are no issue at all during aiming cause you can make whatever fine adjustment you want to make. I almost want to say I prefer the gyro aiming to the PS3 console aiming.

Performance

The game's performance is unfortunately where there are currently issues. While I am by no means a frame rate Nazi ("60fps or nothing") I have to say that a choppy frame rate does impact the overall experience somewhat. 30fps should be a minimum. The game is just not as smooth and rarely runs at 30fps. Even when walking through certain areas (not only Sanctuary) it can drop to a 20pfs and that's without enemy involvement when there's lots of geometry and verticality involved. While not necessarily a fair comparison due to the more open level design of this game it has to be mentioned that Killzone Mercenary is a MUCH smoother experience running at a stable 30fps 99% of the time whereas BL2 can range anywhere from 30fps down to 15fps. While it can take out some of the fun at times it, never renders the game unplayable and at some point I almost felt that my eyes/brain got used to it. I am still hoping though that they can somehow improve the performance by maybe incorporating a dynamic resolution ... (please, Sony)

The menu performance is also a little sluggish when switching from one the skill menu to the gun or mission menu. Sometimes you have to hit L1 or R1 twice because it didn't register the first one. This is a really minor gripe though and it would be last on my list of improvements.

Overall Experience

The game is lots of fun, even on the Vita. However the experience is hampered by the inconsistent performance. If you want an absolutely smooth experience with stunning graphics Killzone Mercenary would be a better choice for you. In terms of content and fun this game beats it though. Were the performance more stable this would be an easy 9.5 - 10. The frame rate issues make it more of a 7.5 - 8 for me. Whether this port is for you depends on if you are able to adjust to a lower and inconsistent frame rate.
  83. May 31, 2014
    Are you kidding me critics? BL2 on the vita is worth MUCH MORE than 65. It comes with 6 dlc packs, I'm only level 14 and I'm 7 hours in, the only real problem is at times the framerate drops, most of the time it's smooth, but at times it just gets really choppy. Its also crashed about 3 times on me, and before it crashed I had some brief audio problems, but the multiplayer and storymodeAre you kidding me critics? BL2 on the vita is worth MUCH MORE than 65. It comes with 6 dlc packs, I'm only level 14 and I'm 7 hours in, the only real problem is at times the framerate drops, most of the time it's smooth, but at times it just gets really choppy. Its also crashed about 3 times on me, and before it crashed I had some brief audio problems, but the multiplayer and storymode are so much fun it's more than forgivable. Expand
  84. May 30, 2014
    I have to say I was very sceptical when I read all the negative reviews about this game, but seriously there were always going to be problems with this game, the sheer size of it down converted onto a handheld!! Anyway when I made the purchase late last night ( 30th May EU release date ) I was very pleasantly surprised they were able to squeeze this massive game onto the vita, theI have to say I was very sceptical when I read all the negative reviews about this game, but seriously there were always going to be problems with this game, the sheer size of it down converted onto a handheld!! Anyway when I made the purchase late last night ( 30th May EU release date ) I was very pleasantly surprised they were able to squeeze this massive game onto the vita, the development team behind this endeavour deserve a round of applause. Well done! So far 3 hours int the game, its easy to point out the short falls, tiny text and map not a lot of enemies on screen at the same time, some noticeable frame drops in heavy combat, but aside from that I like the controls, their easy considering I've mastered the vita's front and rear touch pads from other great games like Killzone Mercenaries and the numerous hours with remote play on the PS4. Borderlands 2 is a joy to play, best purchase since Killzone Mercenaries, this is what i've been waiting for. I've always meant to complete Borderlands 2 a second time with a different character, now I can, but on the go! This is EPIC! Well worth €25. Blown away with the value of this game! Expand
  85. May 27, 2014
    Hey this game is ON THE ****ING VITA!!! Yeah it's not as good as it's console/PC counterparts BUT that doesn't defeat the fact that an open world action RPG shooter is PORTABLE!!! It's a great game to showcase the system's capabilities. Yeah the controls can be a bit wonky but so what?
  86. May 19, 2014
    I read positive comments from users,so I'm waiting to play it.I don't care if some press reviewers give it low scores.Because some of them it seems they never play with a vita.I say this because of in some reviews critics claim about some things that when you read them,you realise that people don't used to play with a Vita.
    So I will buy this game and I will follow users comments,because
    So I will buy this game and I will follow users comments,because they know the console,they know the truth.
  87. May 27, 2014
    This game is underrated by the critics. I've put hours in to the game now, and while it is not always perfect (frame rate drops at times, not the same draw distance as the PS3 version) it simply amazes me to see so much content packed into a FPS/RPG for a handheld system. While I love my Vita, there have been few games that have entertained me as much as this one has - and I think I'veThis game is underrated by the critics. I've put hours in to the game now, and while it is not always perfect (frame rate drops at times, not the same draw distance as the PS3 version) it simply amazes me to see so much content packed into a FPS/RPG for a handheld system. While I love my Vita, there have been few games that have entertained me as much as this one has - and I think I've only scratched the surface. I have even tried cross-save at this point and it has worked flawlessly so far. So easy to upload my save from the PS3 and take the game on the go Expand
  88. May 17, 2014
    This is the first game that I can actually say to someone "Dude, buy a Vita for this." I hadn't played Borderlands before this, but had played Fallout. This game is basically a Multiplayer, Co-op, Online, PORTABLE Fallout Game with procedurally generated weapons. Did I mention it's portable? Because that's critically important. Some are claiming this is the "worst version of the game".This is the first game that I can actually say to someone "Dude, buy a Vita for this." I hadn't played Borderlands before this, but had played Fallout. This game is basically a Multiplayer, Co-op, Online, PORTABLE Fallout Game with procedurally generated weapons. Did I mention it's portable? Because that's critically important. Some are claiming this is the "worst version of the game". They're WRONG. This is the BEST version of the game because I can take it anywhere, play anywhere, level up my character for as long as I want or do some side quests, gain some trophies, then save and throw it in my bag. This is the PERFECT portable game. I haven't had this much fun or been this addicted to a handheld game since Pokemon Blue version. The framerate issues that everyone keeps complaining about are largely non-existant and unnoticeable. The game plays great, and it's getting better all the time. All these horrible critic reviews come from playing version 1.00 of the game, which may have had some initial issues (i don't know). Right now we are up to Update 1.02, which has fixed most of the bugs. And Version 1.03 is right around the corner. If you don't believe me, go look for Gio Corsi (Head of Third Party Relations at Sony) on Twitter, he has said they're working on the next patch. The game is great, don't believe the haters. BUY IT! Expand
  89. May 17, 2014
    I own BL2 on the 360, and PC. I have spent over 500+ hours on the 360 version, and around 300 or so hours on the PC version. I bought every piece of DLC (with the exception of the Headhunter packs) the day it came out, and played each of them multiple times. The Vita port of BL2 while not perfect, is still a damn good game. I've seen reviews where people slam on the lowered graphics, orI own BL2 on the 360, and PC. I have spent over 500+ hours on the 360 version, and around 300 or so hours on the PC version. I bought every piece of DLC (with the exception of the Headhunter packs) the day it came out, and played each of them multiple times. The Vita port of BL2 while not perfect, is still a damn good game. I've seen reviews where people slam on the lowered graphics, or the controls. I do admit, the controls take a moment to get used to, but for me personally I find tapping the back to sprint, or front screen to use my special ability very easy to adjust to. In the case of the sprint on the back touch screen, I actually find that FAR better than traditional controllers, I have broken the joysticks on 5 separate xbox controllers from using sprint by pushing in the joystick, perhaps I simply push to hard, but here that won't happen.

Anyway, onto the game.

Graphics:

The graphics, while a downgrade from the console/PC versions, are still fantastic. The game looks great honestly. My only complaint pertaining to them is that sometimes the textures take a moment to load, though that can happen in the console version as well so I wouldn't hold it against the game.

Sound:

The sound is great, same good music, same good one liners. In fact, and I very well could be wrong about this, but I swear I've heard new lines from enemies and psychos during play. There can be an audible hiccup now and then if the action gets intense, but in my experience it's rarely detracts from the gameplay.

Controls:
    As I mentioned earlier there is definitely a small learning curve to get used to the touch screens for controls (took me maybe an hour to adjust), but after that it's very comfortable, and feels quite fine. The controls themselves are 100% full customizable. Don't like tapping the left front screen to use specials? Change it!

Enemies:

1 complaint I have seen in many reviews is about the lowered enemy population. It is in fact true, in some areas the amount of enemies that spawn has been lowered to make the game run smoother. Having spent many hours playing BL2 on PC/360 and reading the gearbox forums, I've seen many MANY people actually complaining the game was too hard on the higher difficulties. So this change in my opinion is a good one! Having 1-2 less enemies here, or 3 less enemies here helps smooth the difficulty in the late game.

Overall:
    I love BL2, it's a great game. I have already finished normal mode, and am more than half-way through the True Vault Hunter difficulty. I can say without a doubt this game is just as good as it's bigger brothers on the console/PC. If you enjoyed BL2 and you have a Vita, it's worth picking up. I bought my Vita Specifically for this game, and when they announced a bundle I was over-joyed. I don't regret that purchase in the slightest. The only reason I gave this a 9 instead of a 10 was because there are some issues (Gearbox has already put out a patch and solved some of the bugs, hopefully they will continue to support the game and fix any other issues).
  90. May 17, 2014
    Coming into this knowing that it's a Vita game, I'm really enjoying it. It's a solid and impressive game. The draw distance is great and the fact that I have a decent open world FPS running on the Vita is amazing. Quality-wise, it looks better than Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, which is the other open-world Vita game that comes to mind.
  91. May 17, 2014
    AMAZING. Good lord...a portable Borderlands game. I never thought I'd see it happen. The game runs great, and look almost as good as it did on the consoles. There were some graphical cutbacks that had to be made, but that doesn't really detract from the experience considering it's on a portable. It's beautiful. It's addictive. I can bring my character anywhere and level him up. Cross-SaveAMAZING. Good lord...a portable Borderlands game. I never thought I'd see it happen. The game runs great, and look almost as good as it did on the consoles. There were some graphical cutbacks that had to be made, but that doesn't really detract from the experience considering it's on a portable. It's beautiful. It's addictive. I can bring my character anywhere and level him up. Cross-Save with the PS3 version. The back touchpads work great for melee and running, don't be fooled by the phony reviewers. If you don't like them as that though, almost every button can be remapped. AND if you buy the game new it comes with 6 DLC packs. Dang...it's just so good... Expand
  92. May 18, 2014
    Borderlands 2 looks awesome on my vita, don't believe gaming sites critique, this game works fine on the Vita. Their are a frame rate drops sometimes but that doesn't effect the gameplay or action in the game and the frames drop recovers very fast. I had no problems with rear touch controls for sprinting and melee attacks once knowing their exact location or just change them to the front.Borderlands 2 looks awesome on my vita, don't believe gaming sites critique, this game works fine on the Vita. Their are a frame rate drops sometimes but that doesn't effect the gameplay or action in the game and the frames drop recovers very fast. I had no problems with rear touch controls for sprinting and melee attacks once knowing their exact location or just change them to the front. This game is a must buy for vita owners. Expand
  93. May 18, 2014
    There is nothing I can say here that has not already been said by others. The game is a blast, it runs great on the Vita (with some minor frame rate issues, but nothing that impacted my experience. The game looks great too, one of the best looking vita games around. My only dissappointment is that cross save is not active on the PS3 yet, but that will come. All in all, the critics gotThere is nothing I can say here that has not already been said by others. The game is a blast, it runs great on the Vita (with some minor frame rate issues, but nothing that impacted my experience. The game looks great too, one of the best looking vita games around. My only dissappointment is that cross save is not active on the PS3 yet, but that will come. All in all, the critics got it wrong. So wrong in fact that I went out of my way to create an account and post this review. The game is great, it offers exactly what you would expect, Borderlands 2 in your hands... ANYWHERE! There are minor concessions but definately worth the money. The game rates in my opinion an 8 or a 9 on the Vita. As with others, I gave it a 10 to combat the 0's. Get it, enjoy! Expand
  94. May 18, 2014
    The idea, first and foremost, that this can be compared to the PlayStation 3 version will instantly destroy any hopes you had for having fun. Separate yourself from that expectation and focus instead on the franchise. This is an example of a content rich title on a portable device, that gives people the opportunity for pick up and play gaming on the go!

The frame rate will definitely

The frame rate will definitely dip on you now and then, but that never created a game breaking situation for me. The back touch screen mapped controls work well for sprinting when you hold the vita naturally, though I found myself accidentally triggering my melee attack more than once. That problem was remedied by completely customizable control schemes, which allowed me to map my jump button to the back right touch screen instead of melee. That may not be everyone's preference, but it has been splendid for myself.

A grain of salt and some enthusiasm will create a phenomenal gaming experience for anyone looking to take this shoot and loot on the go! LEVEL UP!
  95. May 19, 2014
    It's Borderlands 2, but available for you to play anywhere in the world! It is must have title for all Vita owners and the Vita really needs all support it can possibly get in the form of this game and upcoming games. Greatness is coming to Vita and Borderlands 2 started this road excellently.
  96. May 19, 2014
    I'm writing this review from my Vita right now. Why? Because I haven't been able to put it down since Borderlands 2 came out on Vita.
    Who should buy this game? People with a Vita, people who like Borderlands, people who like open world games, people who like games, and people who like fun. Who shouldn't buy this game? EVERYONE should buy this game.
  97. May 19, 2014
    Incredible they (Iron Galaxy) were able to port this to PS Vita. Together with the new Slim model a great opportunity to get on the 'Vita train'. Patch 1.02 is already out and Iron Galaxy seems to keep working on further patches to improve even more the performance. Borderlands is a blast and Vita gives us now the possibility to have that blast on the go! A must buy!
  98. Jun 1, 2014
    first off its amazing that borderlands 2 fits on the vita second off it try's it's best to look like the ps3 version and for most part it does. everything looks nice from a distance then it looks a little pix-elated when you get close but you let it slide after a few minutes. the enemy count is a little low only three or four on screen at a time so that's a little annoying but afterfirst off its amazing that borderlands 2 fits on the vita second off it try's it's best to look like the ps3 version and for most part it does. everything looks nice from a distance then it looks a little pix-elated when you get close but you let it slide after a few minutes. the enemy count is a little low only three or four on screen at a time so that's a little annoying but after playing this for an hour or so i seem to forget about all that and lose myself in the world of Pandora again Expand
  99. Jul 3, 2014
    Simply put, the Vita version is the adequate port of a very good game. The game is crammed with lots of amibition and depth to make sure the Vita version can have all the same content as the Ps3 version, but that comes at a cost to the frame rate and enemy populations. I think it was a very big move to try and port such a big game on the vita, and even with the problems with frame rate theSimply put, the Vita version is the adequate port of a very good game. The game is crammed with lots of amibition and depth to make sure the Vita version can have all the same content as the Ps3 version, but that comes at a cost to the frame rate and enemy populations. I think it was a very big move to try and port such a big game on the vita, and even with the problems with frame rate the game is still playable. Though if you've come from the Pc version in the hopes of playing borderlands on the go, the technical leap backwards may put you off the Vita version completely. Expand
  100. Jun 7, 2014
    It's amazing to be able to play Borderlands 2 anywhere you like. I think it's a technical wonder and can look past a couple of hick ups with frame rates. I wish I could port my Xbox 360 game saves over though !

1. Jul 13, 2014
    As soon as you are used to the somewhat clumsy controls, Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is again a great adventure that keeps you engaged for more than 50 hours.
    Framerate issues and miniature texts bordering on the unreadable indicates that this is (sadly) just a quick and cheap port that’s a far cry from the majesty of the full-fledged versions of the game.
  3. Jul 8, 2014
    Not so nice to watch, hard to handle and full of glitches, this new entry isn't really what we were waiting for.