7.7

1. May 6, 2014
    Excellent, a little dub down but it s a must buy for the Vita. Lots of replay value. The game playable and decent frame rate. Very happy, with this purchase. Sony keep them coming!!!
  2. May 7, 2014
    I own BL2 on PC and I had middle-of-the-road expectations upon purchasing this game in the Vita bundle (I traded mine in). If you're worried about frame rate, too little players, drastic graphical differences...don't. Here's a quick synapsis of my thoughts on the game.

Graphics: This game looks fantastic for a Vita game, up there with Killzone Mercenary and Uncharted. It's honestly too

Graphics:
    This game looks fantastic for a Vita game, up there with Killzone Mercenary and Uncharted. It's honestly too hard to notice graphical differences on a handheld with a tiny screen as compared to a home console or PC monitor.

Framerate:
    There will be drops here and there, but nothing game breaking or annoying. With the naked eye I would say it sits comfortably around 25-30fps depending on the action or how quick you're moving.

Enemy Population:
    I've seen some gripes about this, I honestly don't notice a huge difference. I've had a vita since launch, I've logged over 100 hours on shooters like KZ Mercenary, but let's face it, the analog sticks can be difficult for twitch shooters. In the case of Borderlands 2, having a decreased enemy amount keeps it from being too overwhelming. I feel like it's just right due to the limitations of the vita controls.

Controls:
    Great, in respect to the vita and touch screen and touch back. The controls are fully customizable, so if you don't like them you can change them to your heart's content. Hell, if you don't like the controls on this game you probably shouldn't own a vita, because the vita controls aren't the same as playing on a console controller.

Co-op:
    Playing with 1 other player instead of 3 friendlies isn't really a big deal. If you're like me, you know a lot of people that own home consoles or PC's, but maybe 2 that own a vita. So, playing with one other buddy online with the vita party chat is really cool. I didn't notice much lag (my home connection is 30-40MBps).

Overall:
    This is up there with it's console/PC counterparts in terms of replayability and action. Some of the changes made don't effect the experience too much, especially for a handheld device. I highly recommend anyone with a vita pick this game up, you won't be disappointed.

My score: 9/10
  3. May 10, 2014
    I know you've been waiting for it...THIS IS FINALLY THE GAME YOU SHOULD BUY A VITA! If you don't know, Borderlands 2 takes the open-world elements and wasteland exploring of Fallout, mixes it with the Space Sci-Fi Story elements of Mass Effect, and LARGELY plays off a sense of humor reminiscent of a Tarantino film (violence and cheap humor). Wow, Iron Galaxy and Sony knocked this one outI know you've been waiting for it...THIS IS FINALLY THE GAME YOU SHOULD BUY A VITA! If you don't know, Borderlands 2 takes the open-world elements and wasteland exploring of Fallout, mixes it with the Space Sci-Fi Story elements of Mass Effect, and LARGELY plays off a sense of humor reminiscent of a Tarantino film (violence and cheap humor). Wow, Iron Galaxy and Sony knocked this one out of the park. As someone who's played both PS3 and Vita versions, I have to say this version is great. A true example of how a port should be done. Graphics are close to the PS3 Versions, great framerate, and no missing content. This IS the console Borderlands 2, but it is better because it can be picked up and played wherever you want. $39.99 gets you 6 DLC packs and a brand new game that looks beautiful. Run, don't walk, out to your nearest store and buy this immediately if you already have a Vita. If not, the $199.99 Vita Slim bundle INCLUDES the game and is a perfect gateway into the glorious product that is a portable Borderlands 2. Expand
  4. May 7, 2014
    VITA OWNERS: FEARS BE GONE. I have had my fears and doubts about Borderlands 2 being brought to the Vita, especially after a month or so ago when all the game covering websites were talked about how much trouble it was in. Rest assured, I bought the slim bundle (which feels great btw) so I could get an early copy of Borderlands 2, and let me tell you, it plays fantastic. THIS is why IVITA OWNERS: FEARS BE GONE. I have had my fears and doubts about Borderlands 2 being brought to the Vita, especially after a month or so ago when all the game covering websites were talked about how much trouble it was in. Rest assured, I bought the slim bundle (which feels great btw) so I could get an early copy of Borderlands 2, and let me tell you, it plays fantastic. THIS is why I bought my original vita, being promised real games on the go. This is the best experience you could have with the PS Vita right now. It's Borderlands 2 on the go, it plays great, it looks great, it's exactly what I wanted as a Sony and BL2 Fan.

Things to note about the Vita port criticisms:
    1) Yes, it's a shame you max out at 2 player co-op instead of 4. However, for me, I love that I can cross-save my characters and bring my toons with me to level up, get some gear, or just quest around. However, I think 4 characters would be far to busy for the Vita screen and I think lowering the enemy count makes the game feel balanced and never overwhelming. (Also, seeing enemies explode into a pool of blood instead of falling on the ground is JUST as satisfying).
    2) Controls honestly feel great. Sure, it's not going to be as solid and accurate as a ps3 controller experience, but it still feels great. I haven't played it on my original vita yet, but on the slim I haven't had any issues with the back touch screen. Hitting the back to sprint and melee has worked just fine, and touching for a grenade through feels fantastic (although the least accurate, can be hard to aim).
    3) It looks great. Sure, they had to dumb down some of the graphics and lower view distances, but it's still the best looking game on the Vita right now.
    4) Framerate and Loadtimes: the framerate is fine, I have yet to be killed by any of the rare framerate dips. I will say the loadtimes suck... but the maps are so big that you really only notice it if you're jumping back and forth from Sanctuary.

In short, if you are a Vita owner, and you have been excited about this since it was announced, fire off all the rounds, and throw your exploding gun at whatever worries you may have had. Borderlands 2 Vita is what we have all been waiting for.
  5. May 9, 2014
    I still can't believe I'm playing this on my Vita. Just finished killing Bunker, and I am loving it. Plays great. Looks amazing. I hope they bring more Borderlands content to the Vita!
  6. May 12, 2014
    This game is amazing I love it. It has everything the console has with minor problems a few frame rate drops never noticed until you focus on it. Game looks amazing to the graphics feel like nothing has been taken away on the vitas screen and enemies blowing up was perfect should always be like that makes me laugh so much. I rate this a 9 must buy for anyone who has played it before andThis game is amazing I love it. It has everything the console has with minor problems a few frame rate drops never noticed until you focus on it. Game looks amazing to the graphics feel like nothing has been taken away on the vitas screen and enemies blowing up was perfect should always be like that makes me laugh so much. I rate this a 9 must buy for anyone who has played it before and new comers looking to spend money for the most enjoyable game that has ever come to the vita Expand
  7. May 13, 2014
    Amazing. Such a big game in such a small device. Some critics have largely exaggerated bugs and the impact they have on the overall performance of the game. It plays great, and it feels like Borderlands 2 should. Like I said, it is amazing, truly a job well done.
  8. May 10, 2014
    After reading others reviews I find they are lacking one critical element, no game plays this well with this much content on such an immersive world as borderlands 2 on the vita. I have killzone and love it, very fast pace and it plays well, but it's linear and more fun in multiplayer. I get bored with all the child games they come out with like little big planet and the like. It's notAfter reading others reviews I find they are lacking one critical element, no game plays this well with this much content on such an immersive world as borderlands 2 on the vita. I have killzone and love it, very fast pace and it plays well, but it's linear and more fun in multiplayer. I get bored with all the child games they come out with like little big planet and the like. It's not that those aren't good they just are kiddie. This has tons of guns, loot everywhere, and interesting fights with funny comments from the characters. It's a great game and honestly stands as one of the best out on the vita to date. There are a ton of great games but this plays so well. People just need to stop comparing to the pc and the consoles, this is a handheld, my gaming desktop obviously plays better but this opens the door for greater games like a elder scrolls game or fallout series. I think the vita has life in it yet. Expand
  9. May 11, 2014
    Borderlands 2 on the Vita you say, well it's impressive if you keep in mind it's a handheld console.

I don't usually review games but with the surprising lack of reviews from the big name reviewers during this bundle only launch week I feel I have to chime in. It's important to note, that I dislike playing FPS's on consoles as I am not much to play with the dual sticks. Mostly PC with FPS's.

Borderlands 2 on the PS Vita is impressive, very impressive. Amazing really.

Graphics: Not as good as the console but did you really think they would be? The Vita port makes great use of the cell-shaded style and aesthetic of the original despite using more simple textures. Things like shadows and other effects are gone but on the limited screen size of the Vita the game looks stunning. Enemies burst into a splat of blood rather than rag doll onto the ground on being killed, but the effect feel good. There is some pop in of textures as the system has to background load textures, but I noticed this issue on my Mac (where I usually play BL2) and my PS3 as well so nothing unexpected.

Framerate: This is going to be the thing that kills most "elite" gamers from the game. Gameplay is smooth despite the frame rates hovering between 27-32fps (estimated). Even in heavy action situations I have never had it drop too low to play properly. If you were playing with a keyboard and mouse this FPS would really be an issues but with the Vita's control scheme, it doesn't have much of an effect.

Baddie Counts: Yes there are slightly decreased counts of enemies on screen. No it's not really an issue. Due to the nature of the Vita controls, they have balanced these two issues well. Your elite twitch gamers who is great with Vita dual sticks (very short sticks make twitch aiming difficult) might find the game too easy but I surely don't. I feel the balance was set perfectly.

Multiplayer: I don't do much Coop but the little bit I have played, played very well. The removal of 4 player in favor of the two player seems to work well with the balancing that they have created with enemy counts and the controls.

Cross Save: Cross save is not functional on the PS3 version at this time but it does work between BL2 on your Vitas (Have two now) Testing Cross-Save between them revealed a very elegant system. It's not an all or nothing transfer. You can "upload" 1 character at a time to Cross-Save and then download them to the other. When you download, you choose what character slot to save it in as opposed to a direct replace. It, with my limited testing, works very well and I look forward to being able to play on PS3 at home and just take my character on the road for some additional grinding and looting when away.

All in all: Borderlands 2 for the PS Vita is a gem. It really is most suited to people who play BL2 on the PS3 though. The ability to "Cross Save" is amazing though I would love to see this Cross Save functionality become platform independent. I understand this would likely never work between Sony and Microsoft platforms but there is no reason not to include it between PC/Mac and the consoles.

Extra note... as of yet, there is not one "professional" review for this game. I am guessing that they are gagged until Tuesday, the official release date but not really sure. Deep down, I am expecting pretty crappy reviews from these reviewers though. Their ability to differentiate between home console and handheld console games astounds me though. This will never be BL2 on PS3 or PC, it's a handheld. But what Iron Sky has done here is amazing. Just my $0.02.

Enjoy!
  10. May 11, 2014
    This game is the best vita game available on the market. It is a must have in your PlayStation vita library. You should buy a PS vita just for this game!
  11. May 10, 2014
    I have played and been highly impressed with the console titles as well as a big fan. I was terribly worried when I heard there were issues with the game a month before release. No need to be concerned, this certainly is a Borderlands game. It still amazes me after several days of playing that the game was able to be shrunk down with nothing lost but two players in multiplayer, explodingI have played and been highly impressed with the console titles as well as a big fan. I was terribly worried when I heard there were issues with the game a month before release. No need to be concerned, this certainly is a Borderlands game. It still amazes me after several days of playing that the game was able to be shrunk down with nothing lost but two players in multiplayer, exploding enemies and slighter drop in frame rate. Aside from some screen skips when there are a lot of enemies on screen and super small lettering in the menus, this is an excellent addition to anyone's Vita collection and certainly a reason for anyone to go pickup a Vita.

"Maaake it raaainnnn!!!
  12. May 12, 2014
    Fantastic port of Borderlands. Who could expect better from a mobile version that is the full console version? Graphics are great, controls function much better than I expected, and there is a ton of content to chew through. I encourage any Vita owner to get this great game.
  13. May 12, 2014
    Put aside the occasional hiccup in frame rate or audio cutting out, it's still pretty fun. Been playing my vita a lot more since this release. Not sure why ign gave it such a low score.
  14. May 7, 2014
    I feared that this would be a terrible port since the day it was announced, but I was wrong to fear, this is a great game and port. This of course is not its console or PC counterpart, it has had to make many sacrifices to run smoothly on the handheld. The graphics are a significant downgrade from the console version of the game, but the gameplay remains in tact. Great port, 9/10.
  15. May 10, 2014
    Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is very impressive. The game runs very well with only the very occasional frame drop. The graphics are not as good as the ps3 version but I barely noticed it while I was playing. The loading times are not bad. They average about 10-25 seconds. There are still almost just as many enemies as the ps3 version. I recommend this game to anyone with a PS Vita. It is aBorderlands 2 on PS Vita is very impressive. The game runs very well with only the very occasional frame drop. The graphics are not as good as the ps3 version but I barely noticed it while I was playing. The loading times are not bad. They average about 10-25 seconds. There are still almost just as many enemies as the ps3 version. I recommend this game to anyone with a PS Vita. It is a must have for Vita owners. Borderlands 2 does a great job at showing what the Vita can handle in terms of games. 9 out10. Expand
  16. May 10, 2014
    For a handheld game, this is a solid 9.5. Created an account just to post a review for this game. I'm incredibly impressed with what this game offers. This is the same game I've played on the 360 and PS3 with no sacrifices. I see people talk about graphics not being on par with Killzone. I agree, but this game offers so much more than "graphics". Borderlands isn't about graphics.For a handheld game, this is a solid 9.5. Created an account just to post a review for this game. I'm incredibly impressed with what this game offers. This is the same game I've played on the 360 and PS3 with no sacrifices. I see people talk about graphics not being on par with Killzone. I agree, but this game offers so much more than "graphics". Borderlands isn't about graphics. It's about looting and shooting. And it offers a great experience in both. I've just completed my first playthrough and experienced no major problems. Occasional frame rate drop (just like on the consoles at save points and in Sanctuary) don't hinder the experience at all. If you have your Vita for JRPG's, don't get this. For everybody else, this is a must buy. You will not be disappointed! Expand
  17. May 11, 2014
    I am not a fan of FPS by any means, but I got this in the bundle, and decided to try it out. Despite the frame rate issues, this is a pretty awesome game. Big environments, quality voice work/sound and tight controls. It's a great AAA game for vita, and has me checking out its console relatives.
  18. May 14, 2014
    Great game , the vita's best along with killzone mercs, Don't trust the IGN review (the worst reviewer i have ever read) and buy this now. Slight issues with framerate but no big gamebreaker. How they squeezed this onto a vita I never know ! Now more big AAA games on vita please.......

19. May 12, 2014
    Yeah sure there are some issues but the game is a lot of fun and looks pretty good. I think some reviews to date are too harsh. Mind you I never played on the consoles or PC.
  20. May 14, 2014
    BL2 is still just as fun as when I played it on PS3. The graphics look very sharp on the 5" screen, and there's still the thousands of awesome guns. The drop in visuals isn't all that noticeable since the game is made to look like a cartoon anyways. The game runs fairly well, the most recent patch seemed to help. I've experienced no crashes after several hours with the game and it stillBL2 is still just as fun as when I played it on PS3. The graphics look very sharp on the 5" screen, and there's still the thousands of awesome guns. The drop in visuals isn't all that noticeable since the game is made to look like a cartoon anyways. The game runs fairly well, the most recent patch seemed to help. I've experienced no crashes after several hours with the game and it still feels weird being able to play such a large game on the go. Aiming does seem more difficult at first, but with the gyroscope it becomes much easier. The game met my expectations and I think I'll be shootin' and lootin' on the Vita for a long time. Expand
  21. May 14, 2014
    The critics are crazy yes Borderlands 2 for Vita had to compromise visuals, and controls from PC and PS3. Why because its a portable system with lesser hardware and not all the buttons of a typical controller. But the sacrifices are minimal this is the full game portable on Vita. Its amazing to see this running on it without remote play but via a game cart. You will not be disappointed ifThe critics are crazy yes Borderlands 2 for Vita had to compromise visuals, and controls from PC and PS3. Why because its a portable system with lesser hardware and not all the buttons of a typical controller. But the sacrifices are minimal this is the full game portable on Vita. Its amazing to see this running on it without remote play but via a game cart. You will not be disappointed if your a fan.

If their is anything comparable on 3ds or Nvidia Shield let me know because this is a full console experience on Vita, just as Sony promised.
  22. May 14, 2014
    It is incredibly frustrating to see how generally panned this game has been getting from professional reviewers whom you would think would understand a thing or two about developing a game... or porting something as ambitious as Borderlands 2 over to Vita. All the criticism I've read about the performance is coming from a place of comparison to either it's console, or PC counterparts, orIt is incredibly frustrating to see how generally panned this game has been getting from professional reviewers whom you would think would understand a thing or two about developing a game... or porting something as ambitious as Borderlands 2 over to Vita. All the criticism I've read about the performance is coming from a place of comparison to either it's console, or PC counterparts, or to other Vita games, such as Killzone Mercenary, or Uncharted Golden Abyss. If you take a step back, and judge it on it's own, this is an amazing game on the Vita - something Iron Galaxy Studios should be proud of, and something that I'm enjoying the hell out of. EVERY Vita owner should have this game.

The comparisons from the critics are flawed. You're really going to compare the vita version to a console, or worse to a PC? Of course this isn't the definitive edition - it's the portable edition... concessions need to be made to get an open world experience as big as this onto the Vita. In my opinion the concessions they made were smart. Sure textures take a hit, sure enemies don't rag doll around with perfectly simulated physics, sure the frame rate hovers sub 30 at times - but seriously... it's Borderlands 2.... on the Vita. Completely playable - content complete.

Comparing this title to other Vita triple A games also doesn't hold ground. Both Killzone and Uncharted are universally praised for their visuals. They're amazing games on Vita... but both are built around small maps with a set number of enemies and corridors. Of course they run well - they were built to run on the Vita from day one. Borderlands 2 is an open world game that was built to run on consoles and PC. It's incredible that the Vita plays it so well. If the critics want to compare Borderlands 2 to other Vita games, let's have it stand next to Assassin's Creed Liberation. The critics gave that game better marks than Borderlands 2 - yet it runs worse than this. I'd get constant frame rate issues that rendered it unplayable to me. Borderlands 2 has yet to be as offensive, and i'm about 8 hours in.

One other thing on the Vita comparisons. From what I can tell, Borderlands 2 runs at native res. Assassin's Creed Liberation was a blurry mess at a sub-native resolution - there are a ton of games on the Vita that limit the resolution to make a smoother experience. It's commendable that the game is running at a crisp resolution at the frame rate it's pushing, especially when you compare it to Liberations sub-native res, and horrible frame rate. Perhaps Iron Galaxy Studios can patch in an option to lower the res to bump the frame rate...? Would that make the critics happy? Seems like they all harp on the frame rate issue... which really, again, is not as big an issue as they make it out to be.

Iron Galaxy Studios should be proud of what they've done - i'm enjoying my experience with it. It's so nice to take Borderlands 2 with you on the road, on the plane, anywhere. It's one of the top triple A Vita games out there, and it should absolutely be in everyone's library. Ignore those "professional" critics, and look at the support the game is getting from actual Vita users. It's an amazing game.
  23. May 15, 2014
    This is only the second review I've written in my time on this site, and I'm only doing so because this game is getting a ridiculously unfair rap from most of the critics.

In short, this game is outstanding. It's the full BL2 experience, in the palm of your hands. Of the concessions that were made to make this possible, the only major ones you'll notice is the framerate dipping

In short, this game is outstanding.

It's the full BL2 experience, in the palm of your hands. Of the concessions that were made to make this possible, the only major ones you'll notice is the framerate dipping minorly in a handful of areas, but it's never anything major, and how the co-op has been cut down to 2 players.

I'm approx. 28 hours in with my first character, and I'm not even close to being tired of this game. I'm already jonesin' to start a new character, and the (apparently very soon) upcoming cross-save patch for the console version means I can level one, some, or all of my characters up on the go, then transfer them to the big screen for some multiplayer madness. Outstanding.

This game deserves to be in every Vita owners library. I'm not saying any to this to defend the Vita and it's struggles, or out of my love of the BL series; this game is legitimately good one, and you all should definitely give it a go.
  24. May 14, 2014
    borderlands vita is a miracle. A top aaa console title on the most powerfull
    borderlands vita is a miracle. A top aaa console title on the most powerfull
    Portable gaming experience. Im a little angry with the bad critics. 30 fps? Who cares¿ the diferencies are not notorious to the normal eye. The mencioned framedrops are little, and i saw several like those on some pc games running with an nvidia graphic card and an i7 procesor. The controls are something dificult inicial y but you can tweak them and are funcional with habituation. This is an históric leap on game industry. Sometimes i think that critics Are unfair with everything comino from vita. Maybe the fact that some little piece of hardware is so powerfull means something dangerous to the gaming industry stablishment
  25. May 14, 2014
    The weak critical reception of Borderlands 2 leaves me baffled and disappointed in our industry's trusted mouthpieces. Not only are the reviewers being unjustly harsh, they're also flat out wrong. Borderlands 2 on the Vita, like Killzone: Mercenary before it, proves without doubt that the Vita can absolutely bring full fat console titles to the small screen. What Iron Galaxy has done withThe weak critical reception of Borderlands 2 leaves me baffled and disappointed in our industry's trusted mouthpieces. Not only are the reviewers being unjustly harsh, they're also flat out wrong. Borderlands 2 on the Vita, like Killzone: Mercenary before it, proves without doubt that the Vita can absolutely bring full fat console titles to the small screen. What Iron Galaxy has done with BL2 is nothing short of a technological marvel and the team at IG should be immensely proud of what they've accomplished.

As any passionate gamer would, I read reviews of a game before I plunk down my cash or redeem those store points. In most cases, reputable reviewers give good, critical and fair reviews of new games (instead of being a sponsored shill that so many accuse them of). The mainstream critical reception of BL2, thus far anyway, is just shameful. Hey, Iron Galaxy, are you reading this? Great job team! Your blood, sweat and tears paid off. This is one hell of a fantastic port and I applaud each and every one of you for your immense contribution to the Vita.

My Impressions
    I've played and enjoyed both Borderlands console titles but truth be told, I never put more than a dozen hours into each of them. The first title seemed a bit more focused on multiplayer for my taste and the second title, while fantastic, was just a bit overwhelming for my taste. Level grinding and looting is incredible fun for short stints, but unless I'm playing a proper RPG or open world style game, I just don't spend multi-hour sessions each day in front of my TV (as much as I'd like to). When I heard that BL2 was being ported to the Vita I was elated. This is the perfect game for a capable portable and I stopped playing the console version intentionally so I could experience everything for the first time when it was released for Sony's handheld.

I had incredibly high hopes for this port but much lower expectations for the final product. Early previews of the game didn't sound good and after yesterday's release I almost decided to pass it on altogether. That would have been a huge mistake. I've been up all night looting and shooting to my hearts content and the game is coming with me when I leave later today for a trip.

Most of the criticisms you've heard are true. The frame rate is generally solid, but not spectacular, and can drop a little, or significantly, depending on what's happening at any given moment. The graphics are gorgeous but limited compared to their big screen brothers. The controls aren't ideal and can be a bit clumsy. But here's the kicker, each of these issues has either been greatly exaggerated or expectations for what the Vita is capable of are completely unrealistic. It's probably a bit of both.

What you ARE getting with this game is an absolute stand-out among the Vita library and a redefinition of what portable gaming can be. In a vacuum, without the console and PC games that came before it, BL2 would seem like some sort of magic or voodoo and gamers everywhere would rejoice that the Vita has been given a second life by a first class development team. Well, we don't live in a vacuum and millions of people have logged hundreds of hours each into the first incarnation of BL2, so comparisons are inevitable.

Is this the best way to play Borderlands 2? No, definitely not. The superior, bouncy, fast paced and spot on shooting of the console and PC versions make for a near perfect game in the genre. A better question to ask would be, is playing BL2 on the Vita fun and worthwhile? The answer, unequivocally is HELL YES. The ability to take a game like this with you everywhere, on the go is reason alone to buy a Vita, even if you never purchase another title. For those of you with a PS3, the cross-save feature is a God send. And for those that have never played this game, you're in for an amazing ride. It's difficult to justify the purchase to anyone who's already played through the PC or console game ad nauseam because why spend more time or an inferior version?

For anyone who hasn't played Borderlands 2, or has but really wishes she could bottle the magic and take it anywhere, Iron Galaxy has answered your prayers. I reside firmly in both camps and can gladly say the Vita has its third killer app. Don't let the troubled frame rate or sub optimal control scheme stand in your way, this is full Borderlands and full fun. FUN. Isn't that why we play video games?
  26. May 13, 2014
    Great Version. Just remember people, your playing it on a hand held device not a home console. What did you expect?

A handheld PS3? I have one of those, it's called a PS3.
  27. May 13, 2014
    Well, everyone's just hatin on this game even though it has some bugs and glitches and framerate drops but this is a good game for the vita I don't care what anyone thinks I can play with low framerate and bugs and still enjoy a game.
  28. May 14, 2014
    AMAZING GAME!
    DONT LISTEN TO THE CRITICS. they don't even really play vita games anyways! they dont know a good game if they seen one,
    the only negative thing about this game is the frame rate drops sometimes! big deal! its hardly any lag at all.
    Graphics are great on the vita screen! try it for your self. im telling you its one of the best vita games ever!
  29. May 13, 2014
    BL2 is a great vita game definitely a must buy for vita owners , impressive graphics and runs smoothly but with a few frame drop issues. There's so much content to play through its amazing how they fit this on a handheld this is one of the best games on the vita. I'll give this a 9/10
  30. May 13, 2014
    I recently bought the physical copy of the game and I'm still in the beginning of the game. Even though I have not completed the game yet, I know this would already be a great game in my book. My jaw was dropped every second I played the game. Graphics are great for a portable, frame-rate does drop or will lag at times, but it isn't game-breaking. Controls are decent, and you can literallyI recently bought the physical copy of the game and I'm still in the beginning of the game. Even though I have not completed the game yet, I know this would already be a great game in my book. My jaw was dropped every second I played the game. Graphics are great for a portable, frame-rate does drop or will lag at times, but it isn't game-breaking. Controls are decent, and you can literally customize every button at your own will, which is pretty cool. My verdict, get this game as soon as possible if you own a vita and have not played borderlands 2 yet. Expand
  31. May 13, 2014
    Borderlands 2 Vita is a great addition to the PS Vita. The game is great. There are performance issues such as stuttering and some frame rate dips but it does not hinder gameplay and it not that noticeable. The game runs stable to me. The graphics are great. Dont listen to critics and judge the game for yourself. I am having a fun time with Borderlands 2. For a Vita game this is amazingBorderlands 2 Vita is a great addition to the PS Vita. The game is great. There are performance issues such as stuttering and some frame rate dips but it does not hinder gameplay and it not that noticeable. The game runs stable to me. The graphics are great. Dont listen to critics and judge the game for yourself. I am having a fun time with Borderlands 2. For a Vita game this is amazing how an open world game could fit despite the limitations. I recommend Borderlands 2 Vita. I do not know where all the hate is coming from for Borderlands 2 Vita. Expand
  32. May 14, 2014
    First and foremost; IGNORE THE CRITICS. This is a well-made, incredibly fluent console port, and Iron Galaxy have done an amazing job. The critics seem to have completely sandbagged this because it doesn't play exactly like its PC counterpart, and honestly a lot of their writing reads like amateur dreck.

If you own a Vita and like Borderlands 2, and aren't expecting 1080p and 60fps, you will love this. It's as simple as that. I'm not a reviewer with a pretentious axe to grind; I'm just a gamer.
  33. May 14, 2014
    I'm a long time fan of Borderlands and was very excited for this. Finally got it last night and put in about 3 hours so far and love it. I'm a bit shocked at all the griping that it's "not as good as the console and pc versions." Well, duh, dummy. It's the Vita. Less power and a less comfortable/usable "controller."

Personally, I use the amazing NYKO powergrip when I play and it makes

Personally, I use the amazing NYKO powergrip when I play and it makes the Vita much more comfortable to use and makes the back touchpad a much more easily managed task.

I'm actually a bit shocked at how good it looks. There's a slightly noticeable drop from PS3 and small amount of pop in, but that's it. Framerate isn't nearly as bad as people are **** about. It's not rock solid constantly, but it's yet to deter me from killing anyone.

The one thing I will say is a problem is the menus and inventory. When you pull that up with "select" it takes a second to load and then is very sluggish when flipping through pages with L and R triggers. This was only a problem when trying to switch out guns mid fight. I swore a lot and ended up having to run farther away than I normally would have to give the menus time to sort their crap out.

Other than that I don't have any gripes. Plays great. Looks great. In game chat works great. It's Borderlands 2 on the Vita and it's still a blast.

Just wish the "professional" reviewers would get the sticks out of their butts about it not being the same as console and pc versions. If they're using that logic then many console version of games should be docked significantly in score because they pale in comparison to the PC version.

Great game. Buy it.
  34. May 14, 2014
    Very good game, graphics are pretty, and gameplay is fun. It is obviously scaled down for the vita but is still a great and fun game. While I have yet to play a console version, I bought the ps3 version just because of this.
  35. May 15, 2014
    Yes, Frame is not happy with, but it still is borderlands 2 with 6 dlc.
    Good enuf if u are BL 2 fan, ps vita version will bring u joy on the way to the office.
  36. May 16, 2014
    Best Vita game ever, and I have them all. GET THIS GAME! GET IT GET THE GAME. I AM AMAZED BY THE FACT THAT THEY GOT THIS RUNNING ANG LOOKING SO GOOD ON THE VITA. ITS BORDERLANDS IN YOUR HANDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
  37. May 16, 2014
    After reading all these bad critic reviews I was scared to buy this game but then decided to get it anyway and try it. I do not know what they played but I have original vita and downloaded copy of game and it runs great my only issue is I throw a grenade by accident every now and then. If you are on the fence about buying its definitely worth it.
  38. May 14, 2014
    I am honestly disgusted at the critics' reviews that have been published. Borderlands 2 on the vita has it's issues, without a doubt. Slow-downs occur and compromises are made in the graphics department. The controls are also not IDEAL, but are far from unplayable. Under normal conditions, I would give this a 7 or 7.5, but the whining by other reviewers made me give it a 10 to spite them.I am honestly disgusted at the critics' reviews that have been published. Borderlands 2 on the vita has it's issues, without a doubt. Slow-downs occur and compromises are made in the graphics department. The controls are also not IDEAL, but are far from unplayable. Under normal conditions, I would give this a 7 or 7.5, but the whining by other reviewers made me give it a 10 to spite them. If you dock this game for having lower-quality graphics than the PC or console version, you're a moron. The graphics are very impressive for a vita game, especially one that is as large and open-ended as this. The control scheme takes some getting used to, but concessions had to be made in order to fit every function onto the vita. I compare it to the Jak and Daxter collection on the vita, which was another game that was panned because you had to use the rear touch pad, and the controls weren't ideal. Wah.

Sites like IGN and GamesRadar giving this game scores in the 4-5 range is pathetic. If you can overlook the relatively minor issues, buy it. If you can't overlook those, don't buy it. I enjoy it, and while it's not worthy of a perfect 10, hopefully my score will raise the user score average in the slightest so someone else will buy it and enjoy it also.
  39. May 14, 2014
    The frame rate is not nearly as bad as some reviews lead you to believe certainly playable and lots of fun one of Vitas best. I own it on Pc but this seems like a fine trade off to play it on the go. Kids these days don't remember playing really choppy games like perfect dark.
  40. May 17, 2014
    Well, in all honesty...I ended up ignoring this review...and got my copy of Borderlands 2. It is not the same as a PC or console version. That is the truth. Getting used to the controls takes some effort...but no more than what's required to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning. Graphics are a noticeable difference as well - but if you really expected the same on the Vita, youWell, in all honesty...I ended up ignoring this review...and got my copy of Borderlands 2. It is not the same as a PC or console version. That is the truth. Getting used to the controls takes some effort...but no more than what's required to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning. Graphics are a noticeable difference as well - but if you really expected the same on the Vita, you really need to get your head examined. The Vita is a great machine, capable of amazing things, but keep it realistic. A hiccup every now and then in frantic moments, and of course the load times are mere speed bumps on the long road to killing Handsome Jack. But it you're looking for another game to populate your collection on your Vita, this is definitely worth the money in the long run. Lack of polish and a bit of tarnish around it's edges makes this Claptrap unit no less spry and sassy. Or if you prefer a number.... Use a calculator.

Borderlands 2, buy it if:
    You love the game.
    You love and support the Vita.
    You've done your investigating.
    You take my word for it.

Don't if:
    You prefer renting.
    You mistrust Claptrap.
    You work for Handsome Jack.
    You don't actually own a Vita.

(Same as what I posted in IGN)
  41. May 16, 2014
    This game is amazing, forget the critics, its like they don't even played the game. Critics like to compare VITA (not other handheld) with home consoles. Well, surprise, vita is not a home console !!
    As for the game its beautiful, graphically and tecnhically, it has some frame drops but it doesn't break the experience at all, and I think with all the support they will release patchs to adress this issues.

Have fun with the game just as I'm having.
  42. Jun 2, 2014
    I started playing this game and even though the presentation was gorgeous I wasn't sure to begin with. An hour in though and I was absolutely hooked! I never played this game previously on any other platform so unlike most other reviewers I played it from a fresh perspective as opposed to constantly comparing graphical differences.

Honestly, for a handheld game it is absolutely

Honestly, for a handheld game it is absolutely fantastic, the world is huge and beautiful and there is just so much to do its ridiculous. The fact I get it to play it whenever I want, either on the go or while away from home is great. The full console game experience is there and considering it cost me under £20 and came with most of the DLC released on the PS3 version it really is great value.

This game has already entertained me for 20 hours over the weekend and I've only just scratched the surface and loving every minute. I have friends on my list who want to play co-op with me and I'm even thinking of downloading the ps3 version (which i got free with ps plus) thanks to the cross save option which allows me to bring my character over. I'll then be able to play with some of my other friends who want to do 4 player co-op.

I'm so glad this Borderlands 2 came to Vita as it was the push I needed to finally try out this amazing game. Kudos to Sony or whoever chose the price point for not charging full price. An excellent addition to anyone's Vita library and certainly one of the best games on the system let alone on any handheld...
  43. Jun 1, 2014
    Other than a few bugs here and there the game is excellent, I see no reason why critics gave it a low score. There is no problems with frame rate and I have no problems with the back touch panel.

This game is a must buy for Vita owners, honestly forget what critics say and try for yourself.
  44. May 20, 2014
    I really don't see what the fuss is about over the fact that this is a ported down version of the PC version. Really, they aren't even comparable. Sure, they're the same game, and the Vita does an amazing job handling it. The controls are in no way "glitchy", and they did an excellent job incorporating the touchscreens, front and back. No one has even mentioned the fact that if you tiltI really don't see what the fuss is about over the fact that this is a ported down version of the PC version. Really, they aren't even comparable. Sure, they're the same game, and the Vita does an amazing job handling it. The controls are in no way "glitchy", and they did an excellent job incorporating the touchscreens, front and back. No one has even mentioned the fact that if you tilt the Vita while in ADS, the gun AIMS. That's a feat in and of itself. Graphically, there is very little difference. Less grass, watered down textures, all to be expected from a ported down version, but it isn't enough to gripe about. Borderlands never was about graphics, anyway, what with the cel-shaded graphics that always seemed a little cartoony to me, but for the style of game, it fit. One of my most favorite things to do was to shoot an enemy, and after one shot from the sniper rifle, have them explode into a cloud of gore, which still looks as beautiful as ever on the Vita. The framerate dips, but for me it was hardly noticeable. The Vita keeps up well, and the game only crashed twice, both times immediately after startup, so no progress was really lost. The initial load time is fairly slow, but after that, it takes no longer than console versions. Call me a fanboy, but I say that the Vita version of Borderlands 2 stands with the console version, and proves itself as one of the Vita's best titles. It harnessed the full power of the Vita, making it literally a handheld console. Graphics are on par with the console (PC isn't even a comparable medium; it's apples to oranges, or rather desktops to handhelds), and I never really had a problem with glitching or lagging. Bringing all of Borderlands to to the palm of your hand, wherever you are, with all of the DLC, is a major feat that was well-realized by the developers, and the Vita port is the best thing to come to handhelds in a while. Expand
  45. May 29, 2014
    I was nervous when i heard that borderlands 2 will be ported to the Vita, worried that one of my favourite games will be ruined. luckily, that wasn't the case ! don't believe professional critics, this game runs smooth, looks and plays better than on my Laptop (Dell Inspiron n7110). this is a must buy to any BL2 fan, having a Triple A game on the go? YES PLEASE! well worth your money.
  46. May 31, 2014
    Very Clear that this game is not getting fair reviews going by what the most review sites are putting out.
    Personally i think that its a fine game on the vita, controls are a bit weird at first till you figure them out.
    All in all the game runs smoothly and looks good.
    Don't be put off by so many negative reviews.
  47. Jun 1, 2014
    Excellent port, perfect for the vita. Disappointed initially by the bad reviews but still bought it and I'm glad I did, I suppose that reviewers are giving scores in comparison to the ps3 version but they shouldn't. Still, I played for 10 hours and can't understand where they saw all these graphics/fps problems they mention.

In my opinion, a must have for this console.
  48. Jun 1, 2014
    This is the best ps vita port of any console game ever. Do not believe any of the reviews from ign, gamespot etc It is mental to think that some of the major game review sites have slated this game because of the GRAPHICS! there are not that bad! there are good enough and you have the whole game in this package on the go, on the bus on the train etc anyway you want! so it is an amazing deal!!!
  49. Jun 16, 2014
    A Great Game. Don't Believe the Haters!

The overly negative and picky reviewers who complained about this title simply had unrealistic expectations. In reality, the graphics, controls, and performance are just fine considering the limitations of the Vita. If you don't like this game then I'm afraid that the problem is you, not the game, or the Vita. I have been playing portable video
    A Great Game. Don't Believe the Haters!

If you don't like this game then I'm afraid that the problem is you, not the game, or the Vita. I have been playing portable video games for over 30 years since even before the original GameBoy, going back to the horrific LED handheld games of the 1980s. I have had the Atari Lynx, all the color Gameboys up to the 3DS XL, and various iPhones. From my perspective this game is a God-send not only for the Vita, but for handheld gaming in general. Borderlands 2 for Vita is—by far—the best handheld game ever.

Is the Vita perfect? No. However Borderlands 2 plays well enough on Vita to have gotten me addicted and occupied me for many hours on long flights and while others were using my TV. It's frankly amazing they were able to pack the entire thing into the Vita and get it to run at a playable FPS.

To make it easier Borderlands 2 also did something smart by dividing the rear touch-pad into two buttons instead of four like some games have done. That allows you to slide your finger down the panel in case it doesn't register at first, and I have never had it glitch out if I did that. I have very cold, dead hands, and found the rear panel very unresponsive at first but I realized the trick is to touch it with the warmest, meaty, soft part of your fingertip instead of using the hard, knuckle side. Holding it the way described below let me do that.

The trick was that I adjusted how I held the Vita. At first I held it like I would hold a PS3 controller, wrapping my fingers around the back. However this didn't work because I would errantly activate the rear panel. The solution I found is to hold the Vita where its edges only touch the inside of each hand's index finger and thumb area, and then curl my middle fingers down to rest in the rear, indented, rubberized, oval-shaped areas. That holds the unit firmly in place. After that, I only use my ring finger on each hand with the rear touch panel. This hand formation allows the ring finger to have a better angle-of-approach on the rear panel in order to make solid contact with that soft, meaty, warm part of the finger, so as to register a good hit every time. It also prevents slippage that had previously been causing me to accidentally touch outside of the rear panel area, because when my middle fingers are firmly seated in the oval areas, that gives a fixed point of reference allowing my ring finger not to miss.

Online play seemed to work fine, with voice chat coming through and no discernible lag (I was the host though). I don't mind it only being two players instead of four.

The game does not crash or freeze up any more often than the 360 version. In fact it seems to be more stable, if anything. I was able to switch to settings and then come back without dropping the online connection to a fellow player.

Drop rates seem good, I've gotten a couple of Legendaries and four natural purples up to level 11.

If you are a super-hardcore gamer who plays OP8 and wants to farm hoards of mobs at the highest level while "Drunk" so that your guns spew millions of bullets that bring all but the most elite PC gaming rigs to their knees, then I suggest you either steer clear of this Vita version or adjust your gameplay style to play within the limits of this hardware. I think that's a reasonable approach and you should not give this game a lower rating because of the Vita's limitations.

That being said, this game really makes me hope that Sony puts out a higher-performing version of the Vita that runs all the same games while performing with faster FPS. I'm still not sure why they haven't done so already.
  50. Sep 19, 2014
    I haven't taken this game out of my Vita since it launched. The only reason I didn't give it a perfect score is because there is only half the DLC available. I adore the cross-save function with the PS3 version. I have one of each character leveled up to at least six, with my Psycho at level 41 and playing TVHM. I am addicted all over again, and my addiction follows me around in my pocket.
  51. Jun 4, 2014
    This game can easily be forgiven for the little let downs. Once about an hour in your fully sold and ready to put in many more. A great buy at only £20 for a near console quality game on the go.
  52. Jul 2, 2014
    Borderlands 2 on a handheld! Amazing. Of course there have been concessions made, bodies disappearing the most obvious. And the audio lags when interacting with major ai characters sometimes, which is annoying. And the frame rate can cause skips, but you can live with all of this. The naysayers need to get a reality check into how far handheld gaming has progressed in the last decade, andBorderlands 2 on a handheld! Amazing. Of course there have been concessions made, bodies disappearing the most obvious. And the audio lags when interacting with major ai characters sometimes, which is annoying. And the frame rate can cause skips, but you can live with all of this. The naysayers need to get a reality check into how far handheld gaming has progressed in the last decade, and stop comparing the game to how it operates on the ps3, otherwise we may as we'll rate it a 7 on the ps3 given that the PC version blows the ps3 version away on a PC with some grunt (especially in relation to multiplayer functionality).

Borderlands and borderlands 2 rock the world. All formats. Vita included. On the bus, on the train, waiting in a queue! Borderlands 2!!!!!!!
  53. Jun 10, 2014
    Insulting and completely biased, that are the labels I put on many reviews I've been seeing for this game. I've been playing for 50 hours now and all I can say is thanks Iron Galaxy for bringing a huge good title to the Vita. Now let me explain my point here. Vita is the best handheld device for gaming ever created, yet, sadly, it's being ignored by most devs out there and the situationInsulting and completely biased, that are the labels I put on many reviews I've been seeing for this game. I've been playing for 50 hours now and all I can say is thanks Iron Galaxy for bringing a huge good title to the Vita. Now let me explain my point here. Vita is the best handheld device for gaming ever created, yet, sadly, it's being ignored by most devs out there and the situation has come to a critical point where no 3rd party games are being released because the system is not selling well, and the system is not selling well because 3rd party games are not being released, so... this dangerous circle is leaving this poweful piece of hardware agonizing... 95% of the games released for the Vita are indie games. Now don't get me wrong, indie games are cool and that but everybody knows PS Vita is capable of MUCH MORE than that , just look at Killzone Mercenary... So, at least!, a great 3rd party game is released and, what do the reviewers do?? Bash the game violently, comparing it to the PS3, XBOX and PC versions, whining about framerate drops,etc... Seriously?! C'mmon guys! I've been playing this for 50 hours and I intend to keep playing for the rest of 2014. This game is awesome, it's still the Borderlands you all know and now ON THE GO! Is it perfect? No, of course not, actually it was clearly rushed to meet the schedule. It's got several bugs, the optimization seems bad in some aereas and my game crashed 5 times, I give you that, but Iron Galaxy is preparing a patch that hopefully will fix these issues and then, what then IGN? What then GamesRadar? What then USGamer? Will you change your reviews? I really hope so, because what Iron Galaxy did here doesn't desrve that insulting reviews. PS Vita is in a critical point, where we can help it rise up, or we can kill off the system. I love this hardware and I hope gamers get real and help reVITAlize it, because after what I saw in the reviews for this game I lost my faith in the so-called "specialized people". Expand
  54. May 27, 2014
    Having spent about a week with the game (OLED vita, physical copy, all dlc installed, patched) I have to say this game fulfills the purpose I bought it for, which is giving me a great game with depth on the go. I enjoyed borderlands 2 on ps3 and wanted to play through again with other characters. The game isn't perfect, and I think another patch or 2 is necessary to make it the gameHaving spent about a week with the game (OLED vita, physical copy, all dlc installed, patched) I have to say this game fulfills the purpose I bought it for, which is giving me a great game with depth on the go. I enjoyed borderlands 2 on ps3 and wanted to play through again with other characters. The game isn't perfect, and I think another patch or 2 is necessary to make it the game gearbox wants it to be. I haven't had any issues with the framerate stutters affecting my progress, as it seems to only happen when I'm moving extremely quickly (in a vehicle) and it's very minor. The controls work well enough and if you've played other shooters on vita this will be no problem to pick up and play. This game is WORTH THE BUY for any vita owner who enjoys shooters and/or games with great replay value. Expand
  55. May 31, 2014
    Are you kidding me critics? BL2 on the vita is worth MUCH MORE than 65. It comes with 6 dlc packs, I'm only level 14 and I'm 7 hours in, the only real problem is at times the framerate drops, most of the time it's smooth, but at times it just gets really choppy. Its also crashed about 3 times on me, and before it crashed I had some brief audio problems, but the multiplayer and storymodeAre you kidding me critics? BL2 on the vita is worth MUCH MORE than 65. It comes with 6 dlc packs, I'm only level 14 and I'm 7 hours in, the only real problem is at times the framerate drops, most of the time it's smooth, but at times it just gets really choppy. Its also crashed about 3 times on me, and before it crashed I had some brief audio problems, but the multiplayer and storymode are so much fun it's more than forgivable. Expand
  56. May 30, 2014
    I have to say I was very sceptical when I read all the negative reviews about this game, but seriously there were always going to be problems with this game, the sheer size of it down converted onto a handheld!! Anyway when I made the purchase late last night ( 30th May EU release date ) I was very pleasantly surprised they were able to squeeze this massive game onto the vita, theI have to say I was very sceptical when I read all the negative reviews about this game, but seriously there were always going to be problems with this game, the sheer size of it down converted onto a handheld!! Anyway when I made the purchase late last night ( 30th May EU release date ) I was very pleasantly surprised they were able to squeeze this massive game onto the vita, the development team behind this endeavour deserve a round of applause. Well done! So far 3 hours int the game, its easy to point out the short falls, tiny text and map not a lot of enemies on screen at the same time, some noticeable frame drops in heavy combat, but aside from that I like the controls, their easy considering I've mastered the vita's front and rear touch pads from other great games like Killzone Mercenaries and the numerous hours with remote play on the PS4. Borderlands 2 is a joy to play, best purchase since Killzone Mercenaries, this is what i've been waiting for. I've always meant to complete Borderlands 2 a second time with a different character, now I can, but on the go! This is EPIC! Well worth €25. Blown away with the value of this game! Expand
  57. May 27, 2014
    Hey this game is ON THE ****ING VITA!!! Yeah it's not as good as it's console/PC counterparts BUT that doesn't defeat the fact that an open world action RPG shooter is PORTABLE!!! It's a great game to showcase the system's capabilities. Yeah the controls can be a bit wonky but so what?
  58. Jul 29, 2014
    I honestly don't see why this port has gotten such horrible reviews. I hesitantly bought this game against the onslaught of negative reviews in hoping that it would be at best, playable, and I was greeted with a very decent port of Borderlands 2 for on the go purposes. Admittedly, the initial control scheme set up the game starts you off with was uncomfortable, and it did take a bit to getI honestly don't see why this port has gotten such horrible reviews. I hesitantly bought this game against the onslaught of negative reviews in hoping that it would be at best, playable, and I was greeted with a very decent port of Borderlands 2 for on the go purposes. Admittedly, the initial control scheme set up the game starts you off with was uncomfortable, and it did take a bit to get used to the interface, but once I got this down and figured out how to switch the control scheme to fit my preference, I found that I quickly adapted to playing this FPS on my Vita just as I had with Killzone: Mercenary.

*Ultimately, this is a personal review and is meant to be viewed as such. I am not claiming that anyone and everyone will enjoy this Vita port of the PS3 game, but I am simply providing my opinion on the game as a standalone/portable FPS.

The game is huge, has tons of replay value, has plenty of content, the graphics appear to be more than adequate for a handheld console game, and the controls are honestly not all that bad after several brief sessions of playing. Furthermore, I have had very minor issues with lag and/or crashing and only several minor issues with glitching.

I'm giving this a 5/5 as it met my expectations, is, in my opinion, just as fun and playable as Killzone: Mercenary, which I thought was absolutely amazing especially as its a portable game, and has tons of game play to offer. If you like FPS games, have a Vita, and have a few bucks to throw out for this, I would definitely recommend giving it a try.
  59. May 19, 2014
    I read positive comments from users,so I'm waiting to play it.I don't care if some press reviewers give it low scores.Because some of them it seems they never play with a vita.I say this because of in some reviews critics claim about some things that when you read them,you realise that people don't used to play with a Vita.
    So I will buy this game and I will follow users comments,because
    So I will buy this game and I will follow users comments,because they know the console,they know the truth.
  60. Jul 7, 2014
    Immediately upon starting up the game you realize what an excellent feat of engineering this game is on the Vita. It is THE ENTIRE Borderlands 2 Game with all of its content and DLC's. I was amazed how similar it is to playing it on the PS3, and in my opinion it is better on Vita. Of course some sacrifices had to be made to squeeze the entire game onto the Playstation's handheld, but theyImmediately upon starting up the game you realize what an excellent feat of engineering this game is on the Vita. It is THE ENTIRE Borderlands 2 Game with all of its content and DLC's. I was amazed how similar it is to playing it on the PS3, and in my opinion it is better on Vita. Of course some sacrifices had to be made to squeeze the entire game onto the Playstation's handheld, but they are very limited and seemingly unnoticeable except for there only being 2-player online co-op, in lieu of the consoles' 4.

The developers had to have put in so much time and effort to get this game to the Vita in such a pristine and untouched state compared to the original. There is no way it could have transitioned to Vita this seamlessly without some sort of magic or futuristic tech. This game is a must have on the PS Vita. It may be one of the last, great, AAA, American developed games for PS Vita. And literally, its all there. All the nostalgia, guns, and Skags one could ever want on a handheld.
  61. May 17, 2014
    This is the first game that I can actually say to someone "Dude, buy a Vita for this." I hadn't played Borderlands before this, but had played Fallout. This game is basically a Multiplayer, Co-op, Online, PORTABLE Fallout Game with procedurally generated weapons. Did I mention it's portable? Because that's critically important. Some are claiming this is the "worst version of the game".This is the first game that I can actually say to someone "Dude, buy a Vita for this." I hadn't played Borderlands before this, but had played Fallout. This game is basically a Multiplayer, Co-op, Online, PORTABLE Fallout Game with procedurally generated weapons. Did I mention it's portable? Because that's critically important. Some are claiming this is the "worst version of the game". They're WRONG. This is the BEST version of the game because I can take it anywhere, play anywhere, level up my character for as long as I want or do some side quests, gain some trophies, then save and throw it in my bag. This is the PERFECT portable game. I haven't had this much fun or been this addicted to a handheld game since Pokemon Blue version. The framerate issues that everyone keeps complaining about are largely non-existant and unnoticeable. The game plays great, and it's getting better all the time. All these horrible critic reviews come from playing version 1.00 of the game, which may have had some initial issues (i don't know). Right now we are up to Update 1.02, which has fixed most of the bugs. And Version 1.03 is right around the corner. If you don't believe me, go look for Gio Corsi (Head of Third Party Relations at Sony) on Twitter, he has said they're working on the next patch. The game is great, don't believe the haters. BUY IT! Expand
  62. May 17, 2014
    I own BL2 on the 360, and PC. I have spent over 500+ hours on the 360 version, and around 300 or so hours on the PC version. I bought every piece of DLC (with the exception of the Headhunter packs) the day it came out, and played each of them multiple times. The Vita port of BL2 while not perfect, is still a damn good game. I've seen reviews where people slam on the lowered graphics, orI own BL2 on the 360, and PC. I have spent over 500+ hours on the 360 version, and around 300 or so hours on the PC version. I bought every piece of DLC (with the exception of the Headhunter packs) the day it came out, and played each of them multiple times. The Vita port of BL2 while not perfect, is still a damn good game. I've seen reviews where people slam on the lowered graphics, or the controls. I do admit, the controls take a moment to get used to, but for me personally I find tapping the back to sprint, or front screen to use my special ability very easy to adjust to. In the case of the sprint on the back touch screen, I actually find that FAR better than traditional controllers, I have broken the joysticks on 5 separate xbox controllers from using sprint by pushing in the joystick, perhaps I simply push to hard, but here that won't happen.

Anyway, onto the game.

Graphics:

The graphics, while a downgrade from the console/PC versions, are still fantastic. The game looks great honestly. My only complaint pertaining to them is that sometimes the textures take a moment to load, though that can happen in the console version as well so I wouldn't hold it against the game.

Sound:

The sound is great, same good music, same good one liners. In fact, and I very well could be wrong about this, but I swear I've heard new lines from enemies and psychos during play. There can be an audible hiccup now and then if the action gets intense, but in my experience it's rarely detracts from the gameplay.

Controls:
    As I mentioned earlier there is definitely a small learning curve to get used to the touch screens for controls (took me maybe an hour to adjust), but after that it's very comfortable, and feels quite fine. The controls themselves are 100% full customizable. Don't like tapping the left front screen to use specials? Change it!

Enemies:

1 complaint I have seen in many reviews is about the lowered enemy population. It is in fact true, in some areas the amount of enemies that spawn has been lowered to make the game run smoother. Having spent many hours playing BL2 on PC/360 and reading the gearbox forums, I've seen many MANY people actually complaining the game was too hard on the higher difficulties. So this change in my opinion is a good one! Having 1-2 less enemies here, or 3 less enemies here helps smooth the difficulty in the late game.

Overall:
    I love BL2, it's a great game. I have already finished normal mode, and am more than half-way through the True Vault Hunter difficulty. I can say without a doubt this game is just as good as it's bigger brothers on the console/PC. If you enjoyed BL2 and you have a Vita, it's worth picking up. I bought my Vita Specifically for this game, and when they announced a bundle I was over-joyed. I don't regret that purchase in the slightest. The only reason I gave this a 9 instead of a 10 was because there are some issues (Gearbox has already put out a patch and solved some of the bugs, hopefully they will continue to support the game and fix any other issues).
  63. May 17, 2014
    AMAZING. Good lord...a portable Borderlands game. I never thought I'd see it happen. The game runs great, and look almost as good as it did on the consoles. There were some graphical cutbacks that had to be made, but that doesn't really detract from the experience considering it's on a portable. It's beautiful. It's addictive. I can bring my character anywhere and level him up. Cross-SaveAMAZING. Good lord...a portable Borderlands game. I never thought I'd see it happen. The game runs great, and look almost as good as it did on the consoles. There were some graphical cutbacks that had to be made, but that doesn't really detract from the experience considering it's on a portable. It's beautiful. It's addictive. I can bring my character anywhere and level him up. Cross-Save with the PS3 version. The back touchpads work great for melee and running, don't be fooled by the phony reviewers. If you don't like them as that though, almost every button can be remapped. AND if you buy the game new it comes with 6 DLC packs. Dang...it's just so good... Expand
  64. May 18, 2014
    Borderlands 2 looks awesome on my vita, don't believe gaming sites critique, this game works fine on the Vita. Their are a frame rate drops sometimes but that doesn't effect the gameplay or action in the game and the frames drop recovers very fast. I had no problems with rear touch controls for sprinting and melee attacks once knowing their exact location or just change them to the front.Borderlands 2 looks awesome on my vita, don't believe gaming sites critique, this game works fine on the Vita. Their are a frame rate drops sometimes but that doesn't effect the gameplay or action in the game and the frames drop recovers very fast. I had no problems with rear touch controls for sprinting and melee attacks once knowing their exact location or just change them to the front. This game is a must buy for vita owners. Expand
  65. May 18, 2014
    There is nothing I can say here that has not already been said by others. The game is a blast, it runs great on the Vita (with some minor frame rate issues, but nothing that impacted my experience. The game looks great too, one of the best looking vita games around. My only dissappointment is that cross save is not active on the PS3 yet, but that will come. All in all, the critics gotThere is nothing I can say here that has not already been said by others. The game is a blast, it runs great on the Vita (with some minor frame rate issues, but nothing that impacted my experience. The game looks great too, one of the best looking vita games around. My only dissappointment is that cross save is not active on the PS3 yet, but that will come. All in all, the critics got it wrong. So wrong in fact that I went out of my way to create an account and post this review. The game is great, it offers exactly what you would expect, Borderlands 2 in your hands... ANYWHERE! There are minor concessions but definately worth the money. The game rates in my opinion an 8 or a 9 on the Vita. As with others, I gave it a 10 to combat the 0's. Get it, enjoy! Expand
  66. May 19, 2014
    It's Borderlands 2, but available for you to play anywhere in the world! It is must have title for all Vita owners and the Vita really needs all support it can possibly get in the form of this game and upcoming games. Greatness is coming to Vita and Borderlands 2 started this road excellently.
  67. May 19, 2014
    I'm writing this review from my Vita right now. Why? Because I haven't been able to put it down since Borderlands 2 came out on Vita.
    Who should buy this game? People with a Vita, people who like Borderlands, people who like open world games, people who like games, and people who like fun. Who shouldn't buy this game? EVERYONE should buy this game.
  68. May 19, 2014
    Incredible they (Iron Galaxy) were able to port this to PS Vita. Together with the new Slim model a great opportunity to get on the 'Vita train'. Patch 1.02 is already out and Iron Galaxy seems to keep working on further patches to improve even more the performance. Borderlands is a blast and Vita gives us now the possibility to have that blast on the go! A must buy!
  69. Jun 1, 2014
    first off its amazing that borderlands 2 fits on the vita second off it try's it's best to look like the ps3 version and for most part it does. everything looks nice from a distance then it looks a little pix-elated when you get close but you let it slide after a few minutes. the enemy count is a little low only three or four on screen at a time so that's a little annoying but afterfirst off its amazing that borderlands 2 fits on the vita second off it try's it's best to look like the ps3 version and for most part it does. everything looks nice from a distance then it looks a little pix-elated when you get close but you let it slide after a few minutes. the enemy count is a little low only three or four on screen at a time so that's a little annoying but after playing this for an hour or so i seem to forget about all that and lose myself in the world of Pandora again Expand
  70. May 26, 2014
    me encanto pero lo unico malo que bajaron los graficos y el online de 4 a 2
    pero incluye la mayoria de los dcl uno de los mejores shotter que tiene la vita hasta ahora
  71. May 29, 2014
    This game is a BLAST! Unfortunately it's not getting the best reviews by "Critics." I think if this game was a Vita original, the reviews would be stellar, but the fact that they are comparing it to the console/pc means it never had a chance.
    Personally never having played it on console or pc I can safely say it's my favorite vita title to date. I even prefer it to Killzone which is saying a lot!
  72. Jun 2, 2014
    After having played the game on PS3, and PC already, I was thrilled to try it out on the VITA. The first thing I noticed when I created my brand-new Psycho character was that the game looks pretty good on the handheld. So far (I just got to Tundra Express) I have enjoyed the game, of course there were the occasional moments of frustration when I died whilst being crippled, and felt that IAfter having played the game on PS3, and PC already, I was thrilled to try it out on the VITA. The first thing I noticed when I created my brand-new Psycho character was that the game looks pretty good on the handheld. So far (I just got to Tundra Express) I have enjoyed the game, of course there were the occasional moments of frustration when I died whilst being crippled, and felt that I missed due to the controls (buts it's probably just me being bad at games :P ), or another moment of rage was the crash in the Bloodshot Stronghold, but the second time I got past the checkpoint without problem. The port itself is astonishing, having played the PS3 version I am familiar with the occasional frame stutters, but so far I haven't noticed any major drops in FPS. The big thing people kept talking about was enemy pop, most of the time you have 3 bug guys, but there are quite a few locations where I got 6 psychos running at me, so its nothing game breaking. I have not tried co-op so I cannot comment on that part of the game, only to say that Borderlands 2 the game itself is very very fun in co-op. The game itself is Borderlands 2, which was a great game, and you get a lot of content in this package with the two DLC, and it's well worth the money. Overall I'm thoroughly enjoying the game, and I highly recommend it, also play the Psycho Character class he is awesome. Expand
  73. Oct 16, 2014
    The game is awesome, just like the pc and console versions! The game comes with 6 add-ons! 2 that are quest and story, 2 that are packs with skins and weapons and all that stuff, and 2 that are character packs. The game is addicting, and if you have a ps vita, you're going to play this game all day.

Here are the Positives and Negatives: +A good challenge +Great story +Awesome

Here are the Positives and Negatives:

+A good challenge
    +Great story
    +Awesome Gameplay and gun-play
    +Funny and badass characters
    +An evil and hilarious villain
    +Really long game
    +High replay value with True and Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode (New game +)

-Awkward controls, but you'll get used it
    -Graphics are less than the pc and consoles because of a lot less antialiasing and shadows, but it's alright, it doesn't really matter, game still looks great

If you have a PS Vita, I really recommend this game, even if you have the console versions already. :)
  74. Jun 14, 2014
    Amazing game! The Game-play is just flawless, the original is better but damn ,this game would be even better if it wasn't spoilt for me.
    I really don't know how to describe how good it is.
  75. Jun 28, 2014
    I really do not understand the official reviews for this game.

I have the PS3 version and the Vita version is exactly the same experience playing it through from beginning to end. There are a few performance hiccups along the way but they do not deter from the gameplay and it is Borderlands 2 in your pocket to run, gun and loot anywhere you want to take it with you. I would
    I really do not understand the official reviews for this game.

I would recommend this to anyone even slightly interested in it.
  76. Jul 2, 2014
    Wow! Ok so i had to set up a account with Metacritic just to through my thoughts out there about this game. I know I am late on the review but **** happens. This game is wonderful! Pro critics can f$&@ there anus holes. This game does have issues but so does politics. To be able to port such a massive game on a wee little vita like this takes some massive grrr. Forget about the big sexyWow! Ok so i had to set up a account with Metacritic just to through my thoughts out there about this game. I know I am late on the review but **** happens. This game is wonderful! Pro critics can f$&@ there anus holes. This game does have issues but so does politics. To be able to port such a massive game on a wee little vita like this takes some massive grrr. Forget about the big sexy counsels and Pc versions and notice the damn little guy. I have played all versions of BL2 and can say I love this version the most. Why you ask? Well hey I can slaughter some psychos and loot some killer weapons while I take a **** hit the coffee shop, do some break time at work, and whatever else that doesn't involve my ass getting fatter on the couch. On a serious note, this game is very good and done well on my little portable friend. Screw frame rates, lowered graphics, or tricker controls. Consider this, its on the go. Find this game done better on another portable system then maybe we can be all ****y this ****y that. Expand
  77. Jul 4, 2014
    Borderlands 2 for the PS Vita is something that I never thought would be possible. It is one of the best ports that I have ever seen, along with Morrowind on the Xbox. It is basically Borderlands 2 on the PS3, with a few lag spikes thrown around here and there. But, still, amazing. I don't think it is perfect, but I think it is one of the best games that the PS Vita has to offer. 9/10.
  78. Jul 12, 2014
    Wow this game is amazing i got the bl 2 vita bundle and its awsome 10/10 for me, all im pissed about is all these hardcore gamers saying the ps vita isnt as good quality as console or pc, come on people its a handheld console not a giant one, what did u expect a ps4 in ur hands, think again the vita is lightyears ahead of nintendo ds so be quiet and enjoy the console before they stopWow this game is amazing i got the bl 2 vita bundle and its awsome 10/10 for me, all im pissed about is all these hardcore gamers saying the ps vita isnt as good quality as console or pc, come on people its a handheld console not a giant one, what did u expect a ps4 in ur hands, think again the vita is lightyears ahead of nintendo ds so be quiet and enjoy the console before they stop supporting it, oh wait those ppl will still **** jeebis, listen to me sheeple this game is a must for the vita Expand
  79. Jul 21, 2014
    It's a great game. Deep gameplay, fantastic voice acting and tons of content. I still can't believe I have Borderlands 2 with me where ever I go!!

There are some concessions that have been made in getting int running on Vita but they don't stop it being fun at all.

I'm grateful to Iron Galaxy for bringing this to Vita. Don't be put off by negative / mixed reviews.
  80. Jul 27, 2014
    This port to Vita has extended the life of Borderlands 2 for me. It took perhaps 15 minutes for me to get used to the controls. I find the Vita especially uncomfortable to hold in my hands with this game, but it is outweighed by the joy of playing. Controlling the game is more uncomfortable than actually difficult or frustrating. Occasionally I accidentally tap the right-hand side of theThis port to Vita has extended the life of Borderlands 2 for me. It took perhaps 15 minutes for me to get used to the controls. I find the Vita especially uncomfortable to hold in my hands with this game, but it is outweighed by the joy of playing. Controlling the game is more uncomfortable than actually difficult or frustrating. Occasionally I accidentally tap the right-hand side of the screen with my thumb and throw a grenade unintentionally. That is my only real gripe about the controls. It is harder to spot enemies in the distance because of the small screen and the frame-rate is lower than on console. I consider these issues to be an acceptable compromise for being able to play on a handheld.

I would have preferred all expansions to have been included, as I was halfway through Tiny Tina's adventure when I imported my save and found that I needed to start a different expansion or continue with my second play-through of the main campaign. If you love Borderlands 2 and feel like playing it again on your Vita then you shouldn't be disappointed. Just bear in mind the inherent limitations of the Vita.
  81. Jul 28, 2014
    I have heard people complain about problems but for me I have had one and 2 restarts and 2 freezes in over 30 hrs. of gameplay so far and all I got to say to the nay Sayers is BORDERLANDS 2 on a handheld being played anywhere and nothing cut out . Bloody great game for a handheld it is amazing if you think about it .
  82. Aug 14, 2014
    As a huge fan of the borderlands games, I was surprisingly happy with this port. The controls take a little bit to get used to after playing on console, and you will have to fiddle with the sensitivity a little bit. But on the go this game is invaluable. This is the game for the Vita that could transform it and get better full games on the console. Now to wait for The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth
  83. Sep 14, 2014
    Excellent move to Vita from full consoles. Great fun to play. Menus are very tiny on the screen, could have used more space to make them easier to read.
  84. Dec 10, 2014
    I created a metacritic account just for this game. It was very well done and I cannot believe that critcs gave it so bad of a review. People need to go buy more vita bundles and make sure you download the update!!! It fixes a lot of the frame rate problems. Its like people expect a ps3 ge to run perfect on a handheld. Lol idiots

1. Jul 13, 2014
    As soon as you are used to the somewhat clumsy controls, Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is again a great adventure that keeps you engaged for more than 50 hours.
    Framerate issues and miniature texts bordering on the unreadable indicates that this is (sadly) just a quick and cheap port that’s a far cry from the majesty of the full-fledged versions of the game.
  3. Jul 8, 2014
    Not so nice to watch, hard to handle and full of glitches, this new entry isn't really what we were waiting for.