Jul 28, 2014As I die hard fan of these games this port is perfect , I have finished the game 3 times now and no problems with it and it is one of the bestAs I die hard fan of these games this port is perfect , I have finished the game 3 times now and no problems with it and it is one of the best point and click adventure games out there in my opinion . Excellent voice acting and good clarity this is a must by if you are into point & click adventure games like syberia or still life… Expand
Jun 12, 2014A quite high score because, first and foremost, I enjoyed this game. I won't try and say it's perfect or something like that, but it saddensA quite high score because, first and foremost, I enjoyed this game. I won't try and say it's perfect or something like that, but it saddens me to see it berated.
It did last about 10 hours. Which is about the same time as the other games, really. It may not seem much, but if it's well within the series average, I think it's good enough. Some say it looks dated, I say it looks nostalgic. It reminded me of the second game, and I really enjoyed that. I thought it was good value for my money.
That said, as much as the first part is fine, the second borders on silly and a bit of Indiana Jones plagiarism. The overall impression being that the second part, that was released later than expected, was a bit rushed.… Expand
Oct 20, 2014Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse is, somehow, and thankfully, very similar to BS1 and 2, which makes it a very decent game to play andBroken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse is, somehow, and thankfully, very similar to BS1 and 2, which makes it a very decent game to play and enjoy.
1) Graphically, BS5 has, again, the same style of the first and second episodes, with a lot of detail and charisma. Models are 2D and fit reasonably well into the 2D backgrounds.
2) Animations are also nice, characters move in a realistic way, just like the old BS1 and 2, so the original's feeling is still there, again! There are some locations which could have been improved; I mean, that could have presented a bit more of animations to make them feel a bit more alive. Anyway, great final result even so.
3) The story is good, the puzzles' difficulty is very well balanced, but I spotted one or two of them that I would change a bit to make them play a bit more logical.
4) The interface of this game is simple and efficient. Players can choose to play with a new interface system (which didn't catch my attention) or, in the other hand, with the old BS1 and 2's interface, which is still, even today, very good. We can choose which one suits us better; one or another, are both very good.
5) Sounds effects, musical scores and voices are, once more, great. George Stobbart has the same way to talk, the same tone in all he says, the same peculiar comments and observations.
6) Broken Sword 5 is not a very long game, which means that, if you play it continuously, you'll finish it in a couple of hours or... in a few days, for all those less used to point and click adventures. Lifetime of this game is a bit short, but it is worth the try.
IN SUMMARY, unlike some people state here, BS 5 is a lot similar to BS1 and 2. Taking in consideration the years that passed since those 2 first titles, BS5 could have been a lot more polished in some departments, yes, but it has all the necessary elements to grab any graphic adventure fan for some time! It has good graphics, a nice atmosphere all along, a bunch of puzzles to solve, a handful of characters to talk to, a fairly interesting story and, most importantly, 1a lot of entertainment to offer. After all, wasn't all this that made BS1 and 2 both great games?… Expand
Feb 5, 2014A very low score because this game is not as good as the old Broken Sword games. It looks very dated, graphics are okay. The narrative isA very low score because this game is not as good as the old Broken Sword games. It looks very dated, graphics are okay. The narrative is long, tedious or plain annoying as it does not help or make any difference to solving clues. some parts of the game are good but overall, a very basic point and click adventure game with the odd difficult clue and nothing much more. The game lasted about 10 hours approximately. Paid £15 ($24.99) - overpriced and disappointing game.… Expand
- (10 views)