4.8

1. Nov 14, 2012
    People need to stop inflating the score for this game.

I get it, you are trying to justify the purchase of your new handheld and want to see it, and Sony, succeed. You don't do that by lying to the consumer, trying to get them to buy the system and a lackluster game simply to support Sony.

The truth is, the system is just too expensive at the moment, with a games catalogue too
    insignificant to justify grabbing one at this time. For the game itself, it is CoD. The gameplay, for the most part is there. However, with this release, almost anything meaty that the series has to offer has been stripped away. The singleplayer content is astonishingly brief, the multiplayer is stripped down with small maps and a reduced player count, and the visuals themselves are simply par for the course, as far as the system goes.

It is not a game worth owning. Not at full price, anyway. If you are a die-hard CoD fan, it might be worth your while. For everyone else, wait on this, and certainly don't buy the system for it. It's a sub-par game, nothing more.
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    I've picked this game today along with the Black ops 2 itself for pc, I do not want to compare this game to Black Ops 2 since its simply a sequel to Black Ops I. Well No one ever forced sony to give this franchise to Nihilistic ! sony could buy themselves a huge score with these games....unfortunately that is only a dream. Its shame to see the single player is completed over 3-4 hours on veteran diffuclty, there is not much a story there as well....the gameplay is only limited only walking toward different alleys where the design of all of em looks quiet similar and just like resistance very dead and killing some enemies which are positioned behinde the boxed around ...
    Multiplayer experience is much better than it was on resistance although it has nth to be compared with black ops 1 itself....
    graphics are as bad as they were in Resistance, just the frame rate is more stable .... in generall its not in a same level with Uncharted, AC, NFS at all....
    well dun waste money for this game since there are much more better choices such as NFS and perhaps AC and of corz awesome choices like Zero Escape, Persona 4, LBP
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm very disappointed with this game. All over scripted rail shooter. This fps has one of the stupidest stories I have ever come across in a game,the characters are boring. The graphics are mediocore at best and bad at worst. This game is very short also,you can complete it in about 5 hours,definataly not worth your time and money.Horrible map design, horrible game design in general. The MP is quite entertaining though... 5,5 Expand
  4. Dop
    Nov 13, 2012
    Ok i cant believe that i pay 50$ for this crap, all the 10 must be , nihilistic crew or the first wave of COD fanboys, maps are small, AI is stupid, and the single campaign is a joke. if u want to waste 50$ then throw it on the street u are going to feel a lot better.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    I regret that I bought this game. It is so horrible. Play just not interested. The levels are boring and monotonous, as weapons. AI is awful and nothing can take, so bad. Multiplayer is boring and dull, but the schedule is awful as the levels from the artistic point of view.
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Black Ops Declassified is truly one of the most disappointing games I've bought in a while. While the graphics, guns and framerate are good, everything else is just awful. The single player campaign consists of 10 missions that last 5-10 minutes each, and there really isn't a story. The cutscenes are just pieces of declassified papers flying around with someone talking. You play as woods and Mason, but they aren't in any rendered cutscenes, because there are none. So the single player campaign is very linear, one dimensional and truly feels like a watered down port of black ops 1. Another problem I have is that the maps are very bland and boring. They all have an urban feel to them, there's no natural levels to be found. Also nuketown comes back as a map, but its been cut in half for some reason. Then there's hostiles mode, a mode where you face off against waves of soldiers similar to MW3. It was honestly the only mode I enjoyed. Then there's multiplayer, the problem isn't 4v4, the problem is the layout. I don't know why but all the times I've played online there were less than 8 people. It also takes awhile to load and you get dropped alot. Also nukehouse is very laggy online. The multiplayer is really disappointing for me. As for the game as a whole it just feels limited compared to black ops 2, even black open 1. The graphics are good but there are alot of jagged edges indicating that the game is not running at native resolution and is intact upscaled(seriously, why are all vital games upscaled?).

Overall this game was a huge disappointment. Obviously its not good if you can't even find reveiws on it. You can trust mine because I have the game and just finished it. The thing that bugged me the most was the price. This game is 49.99$ both retail and in the PlayStation Store. Why? 50$ for the retail version is a ripoff, but the digital version costs the same? For 10$ more you can get black ops 2 which is better in every single way. But this game was just a huge waste of money and makes me want to sell my vital, it's that bad. Heck, I enjoyed modern combat 2 on my android phone more than this game. Its just a very big letdown and you should just stick to consoles because its cheap, greedy stunts like this that really hurts the vital. In fact I don't think Sony cares for it, they release NOTHING for it. The latest vita app was the YouTube one they released 5 months ago. Overall do not get this game, if the price ever drops to 20$ then it would be worthwhile to me.
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    Terrible game. Only given good reviews by people desperate to justify spending their money on this bomb. Save your money and go and buy something else, ANYTHING else.
  8. Nov 15, 2012
    This game is a terrible mess. it's just to painful an experience to write any more about it.

And lol @ anyone giving this game a 10 ,I don't think many people will ever take your user reviews serious again....
  9. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty Declassified was overall a disappointment. At £35 for a portable game it seemed expensive, however, the single-player campaign which was only 45 minutes was lackluster. The multi-player is 4 vs 4 on tiny maps where you spawn next to the enemy was awful. A complete embarrassment to the Call of Duty series. Note: Most of the user reviews giving it undeserved praise are PS3 fanboys who want to defend any exclusive game, however terrible it is. Expand
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    Very disappointing, to say the least. Declassified should've been a polished and impressive FPS debut for the franchise, however, sadly, it's anything but. Featuring very rough graphics, such as textures that are poorly done, as well as an inconsistent framerate, Declassified shows the bare minimum effort in making a functional game and then stopping there. So it's even worse than the game often doesn't work. The online has been having issues, including random disconnects, not very smooth online play once you get into a match, etc. So at least you have a good single player, right? Wrong. There's less than an hour of single player in Declassified. This is, quite frankly, the worst Vita game I've played. Expand
  11. Nov 13, 2012
    DUmb Ai , awful graphics, soldiers giving a pose before shooting, tiny tiny maps, made by nihilistic what can u expect nothing really , dont buy this crap.
  12. Nov 15, 2012
    Wow this is bad. After playing Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360, I thought it couldn't get any worse. But then I played this. The campaign is very short and on rails. Definitely not worth even close to $50.
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    Short game, bad graphics, not a real COD, a waste of money. Please ignore this game and move forward. The ones who say this is a good game are clearly its developers. None else feels like that.
  14. Nov 14, 2012
    This game is just a bad joke, its absolutely horrible, single player ridiculous, just ten very tiny mission (keeps about 5 min each to complete), there is no story, the multiplayer is awful, it tooks me about 5 hours for play just 2 session, and also in the second one my system freeze with a nice pop up error message, people dont buy this game, dont waste money like me, this game is an abomination under a franchise name just for stole your money from your pocket, just one word to the developers, you should be ashamed of yourself for sell this kind of product for 50 bucks!!! Expand
  15. Nov 16, 2012
    Ok so this game dissappointed me very much. I was expecting a way better job from the franchise. There are too many glitches and bugs. The game causes my vita to crash at all times. Sometimes im stuck on a frozen screen, sometimes im playing multiplayer and out of no where i get booted back to the menu screen. The story mode or campaign is extremely short and easy. Overall i think they have alot of work to do. I have seriously considered getting rid of my vita. I was one of the first to get my vita and i have been waiting since for call of duty. I am very upset at the lack of effort put into this game. Not worth getting as a christmas gift at all. Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2012
    the best way to review this game for me is to describe you my experience with it and it went thus.

I visited my cousin and he has the game so I asked him to lend it to me while I'm there, so I started playing the single player like I always do and after an hour or so, done, story over, you've finished the game... Then when the shock had passed and I started to believe than a developer
    had the balls to charge 45 dollars for a game than I can finish quicker than a pie I went to the multiplayer in hopes that I would get something worth of the game, then I gave it back to my cousin telling him "boy I hope you're renting this". let's be honest not even the multiplayer justifies this sad excuse for even a Spunkgargleweewee. save yourself the money a get a PS Plus account Expand
  17. Nov 15, 2012
    It amazes me just how many ignorant consumers are content with settling for less. "Call of Duty in the palms of your hands!" says one clown. "Surprised by the quality!" says another. This title fails in every possible way. The single-player campaign is incredibly short. Multiplayer is limited to simplistic 4-on-4 action. There is absolutely no Zombies mode -- a crime of unspeakable severity. This is absolutely not the "Call of Duty" experience on a handheld system. Instead, it's just another sloppy, half-hearted effort from the goons at Nihilistic. Much like their previous failure, Resistance: Burning Skies, Call of Duty lacks polish and content. The Playstation Vita is capable of oh-so-much more, but if developers like this continue to be handed the rights to create titles for such large, successful, and important franchises as Call of Duty and even Resistance, I often wonder if we'll ever see it. Killzone and perhaps BioShock remain the two "last hopes" on the shooter scene, and who knows how those will fare. It's just a crying shame knowing that we could have had so much more on this system and that Nihilistic, once again, has delivered a title that's embarrassing not only to the franchise it represents, but the platform on which it's available. Expand
  18. Nov 15, 2012
    I've long since lost love with the Call of Duty franchise, but even by my own checked expectations this is absolutely diabolical. It's an absolute unflattering slap to the face of anyone who purchased the Vita in confidence of developer's taking it seriously. Nihilistic have appropriately closed their doors and sworn off ever developing for retail again, as they should. This is an absolute joke, the Vita is more than capable of delivering something worth standing alongside the rest of the franchise and deserved much better than this pathetic effort. Looks dates, feels dated and the absolute absence of character or identity makes Declassified feel like one of those pointless mobile download games. Nothing but a name and a couple of, barely, recognisable pixel collections. I seriously can't believe this piece of **** managed to slip on to the market. How didn't ANYONE at Nihilistic realise - oh forget it. Just avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid! Collapse
  19. Nov 15, 2012
    No suprise..To me it just seems a bit rushed this game, and it does not look interesting overall. And since the devs is the same as Resistance Burning **** lol

Anyway,This game is just another overhyped COD title, sad see gamers hyped this type game in this days...
  20. Nov 15, 2012
    This game was sentenced to die. Sony and Activision gave the game to Nihilistic Software, who was already working on Resistance Burning Skies. Both games suffered from this decision, because neither game had enough development time to make them anything better than mediocre. Most of the positive reviews are people trying to justify their purchase. Not worth your time or money. Do not support this game otherwise more crappy games will come. Vote with your wallet. Expand
  21. Nov 15, 2012
    I went to my neighbor's house because they are the only ones with a Vita nearby. Asked to try this game. Beat it during the time I was at their house (In about an hour).

I think thats a nuff said. The online may be decent, but this doesn't live up to the COD name and it doesn't help that this isn't a true reflection of Vita's capabilities.
  22. Nov 17, 2012
    im really desapointed about this game, the campaing is ridiculous short, dont buy this game just for the name or because you are looking for a fps in vita, its not a right choice....
  23. Nov 14, 2012
    So they can port Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Ratchet & Clank, Playstation All Stars, Persona 4. Make decent games such as AC:Liberation and LBP... SO WHY ON EARTH DID THEY NOT PORT THE MULTI STRAIGHT TO THE VITA AND HAVE CROSS PLAY! Avoid this game like the plague.
  24. Nov 14, 2012
    Even if you like the run and gun playstyle of Call of Duty this game will leave you wanting your $50 back. The controls are not very good since they use the rear touch and touchscreen for actions like trowing grenades . The campaign missions are only minutes long with no checkpoints. The enemy AI is atrocious, just standing there waiting for you to waste a bullet on them. Multiplayer maps are tiny. If you hated being killed every 10 seconds in multiplayer and bad spawn points (some of them spawn you right in your enemy's reticule sights), then you can not even imagine the chaos formed in Nukehouse, a recycled, half a map of nuke town. All maps are tiny. Call of Duty deserves better. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2012
    i have just spent £42.99 on this game..... absolute wast of my money! the operations are poor, the a.i is unfair to shockingly poor, the graphics for a handheld game are fine... not brilliant, the gameplay is mediocre and the online is not great, do not buy this game....

I've had my vita since launch and really want to love it... it is a great piece of kit but the software is
    average there are 1 or 2 great games but the last 2 that i have spent (quite a lot) of money on have been big name games, assassins creed and cod... neither of which are great come on sony! sort it out please! Expand
  26. Nov 17, 2012
    Bought the Limited Bundle edition hoping they'd be some sort of unique design to the iteration, like a call of duty logo on the back. It was my first PS Vita so I dropped my money in with the mentality that I was just buying the PS vita on sale and it just so happened to come with the COD game so if it sucked, I wouldn't be at a lost.

I have to say the game is just the worst game I have
    experienced in such a long time. In fact, Modern Warfare on the iOS tablets have more subsistence than this game.

People that are justifying the sloppy single player and the worst AI by saying its a MP centric game is clearly in delusion. To say not to expect a console counterpart on a handheld doesn't excuse the national tragedy Nhilistic has brought upon the COD Franchise. They guy that said he took 7 hours to complete.. has to be one of the worst player ever because this game takes around 30minutes to defeat in any difficulty.. I've never seen a game finish that fast, even on a phone .99$ game.
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O melhor fps que qualquer portatil ja teve, acho que ele deve ser comparado como tal e não como fps de console de mesa apesar de ter como ambição. parabens pelo bom trabalho corrigindo o pessimo trabalho feito no resistance burning skies. Expand
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    Bought it - not impressed. The online is glitchy and the framerate sluggish. Would not recommend. At times it feels like the console version, but many times just falls flat.
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified is not a good game. There is only one metric by which a consumer of this product could deem it good, and that's to be both starved of a worthy first-person shooter on the Vita and desperately attempting to rationalise one's purchase. Declassified is a bad game.

Lots of games are bad, in lots of creatively bad ways. Many games have curious new ideas
    that are flawed in their premise. Many others are not made to a high enough standard. Some are just developed by those who lack the skill to accomplish what they set out to do. Declassified is painfully, crushingly unambitious. It does very little, possibly because after Resistance: Burning Skies the developer reasoned that the less they make, the less they can make badly. It doesn't work. Declassified is a strangely empty package from a franchise that is known for wringing a great deal of value for the price of a boxed game, and what it brings to the table is positively rotten.

Single player is dull, plagued by ugly, short levels stuffed with braindead enemies while lacking any of the series' signature set-pieces. It's also very, very short - ten levels that each last five minutes or so to complete and lack any real cohesive plot - and have leaderboards that nobody should worry about bothering with.

Hostiles is a wave-based coop mode without coop. You take on swarms of soldiers that come your way and, alone, that's about it. The combat isn't dynamic and tactical enough to make it interesting.

Multiplayer, the franchise's mainstay, is a ghastly approximation of the real thing. Maps are small, game modes sparse and the feel, sound and look of the combat is all unsatisfying. It's plagued by technical issues that make the idea of finding a game upon booting the game an unsavoury and laborious thought. Having played six consecutive years of Call of Duty on consoles and PC, the sudden difficulty and wait in finding a stable match stands as a stark reminder of how un-CoDlike this abomination is.

Activision should be careful. The Call of Duty brand is, if anything, thought of providing consistent quality. This travesty of a release could do more damage to that image than sales would offset.

This game does not justify the price tag, the Call of Duty name or a spot on anyone's Vita. I strongly advise you against purchasing.
  30. Nov 15, 2012
    Shattered my last hopes for the Vita. For a portable gaming system that claims to have that console quality experience on the go, I'd say the PS Vita comes far from living up to that statement. After playing almost every game in its library so far, the only games that come close to that experience would be LBP and Need for Speed Most Wanted. As I looked to the future for upcoming Vita games it seemed to be vast and empty as little to no developers are jumping on board. So it seemed COD BO Declassified was one of its last hopes of redeeming itself and keeping a place in my hands. For such a HUGE AAA title of Call of Duty, what could possibly go wrong when shrunken down to a handheld? Alot. Now, at first playing the game it looks, feels and plays just like call of duty. So what could be wrong? Here's what's good and bad: Good: Looks and plays like COD on consoles. That's it for the pros.Bad: Super short campaign. Terrible A.I. Compressed multiplayer with plenty of connection issues. Tiny maps( Nuketown is cut in half!). Boring hostiles mode. Graphics are barely better than Resistance BS. Everything just seems so unpolished in this game and all modes are just not that fun at all. I tried to enjoy the Multiplayer but the maps are just so small that its hard to enjoy always responding right infront of someone. Just a big disappointment all the way and it brings the Vita down even farther as well as the Call of Duty name. These other reviewers may have liked when they first popped it in and turned it on like I did, but just give them a few days and they'll see what I mean(gets boring and repetitive fast). Please save your money on this one as your only paying an extra $10 on another crappy COD psp title that it comes with. Thought this would save the Vita, but oh well. I can always get a Wii U or something. Expand
  31. Nov 14, 2012
    What a shame. The game is incredibly unimpressive given the system it's on license it is supposed to represent. I find it astonishing that users here rate games like halo 4 and black ops 2 down, but put all their support behind this unfinished turd in alpha state. Nihilistic changed its name during development, I suspect it's to avoid any connection with this game in the future. Resistance burning skies was actually better than this game. Expand
  32. Nov 15, 2012
    What the hell are you people smoking that are giving this game a 9 or 10? Must be Sony plants. This is a really really really bad game. Nothing about this game makes it worth renting let alone buying. A short so called campaign of no story and 16 very short 5 minute missions. Broken multi player that sucks! To early large patches that fix nothing. This game is a joke rush job to cash in on the COD name. This was the last straw on if I was going to keep my Vita with this last straw failure I'm selling or trading it in tonight. Like everything on this over priced joke of a system it Sucks hard! I hear they are going to release a new triple game pack on it next AC Liberation, Resistance burning skies, and COD BLOPS Declassified. They are going to call it the Steaming Dog Pile collection! Yuck Fou Sony Yuck Fou!!! Expand
  33. Nov 15, 2012
    This game it so boring, broken and no fun at all, that i cant recommend this game under no circumstances to anyone ever. Almost no sp, bad mp make this game an insult to every gamer. Better play the real COD on 360/PS3.
  34. Nov 17, 2012
    shockingly high amount of single user review reviews here that stink of the game developers making them here. I loved the guy who suggested it took him 7 hours to complete? the game has it's whole campaign on youtube already and it's completed in under 40mins. well done.
  35. Nov 15, 2012
    Сониблядь пришла к врачу, В игор я играть хочу, Помогите мне с проблемой, Денег горы заплачу. Только слышится ответ - На плейстейшон игор нет Есть кинцо, мыльцо, унчартед, Игр ты будешь ждать сто лет. Что же делать? Как тут быть? Где же игры раздобыть? И пришлося сонишлюхе все ж ПеКа себе купить. На ПеКа как на ПеКа, жизнь прекрасна и легка. Есть фолач второй, планетка, Игры просто на века. Можно клипы рисовать, фотошопом баловать, Можно даже и вишмастер всем ньюфагам раздавать. Вот проснулась сониблядь Expand
  36. Nov 19, 2012
    Even the most hardcore of Call of Duty fans will be disappointed by this game. The campaign was only about an hour long, almost all of the models are recycled from previous call of duty games, and the multiplayer is extremely limited.
    Definitely not worth the money. I legitimately feel bad for anyone unfortunate enough to have bought the Call of Duty Vita bundle.
  37. Nov 28, 2012
    I don't actually say i dislike this game but . . . it's was a deception, i like CoD but this one just made me want more, this game could have way better also it should have used the vita system better. My conclusion is that the story sucks . . . and multiplayer bug and crash a lot so i just enjoyed the hostile mode, good try but don't deserves a good critic.
  38. Nov 18, 2012
    As if Black Ops 2 wasn't already meh, let's take that and make it worse! This is what this game is. The single player campaign it's just a huge borefest, piss easy and short as f*ck. The multi player it's stripped down with crappy maps and less players. If you want a great online multiplayer for your PS Vita, just wait until Phantasy Star Online 2 or Monster Hunter Hunter will come.
  39. Dec 16, 2012
    Declassified is giving Vita a bad name for a good old fashioned Game of the Year candidate. I don't really care about Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified anymore. The critics are absolutely right, I even watch the review on the now-cancelled X-Play. This game is a complete disaster. AI is terrible, a campaign that deserves the right to be punished, and bad timing of the game makes you wanna play the game for less than 10 hours a week. I urge every Call of Duty fan to avoid this portable dump and get back to action while playing... I don't know. Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops II? It's your call. Expand
  40. Nov 16, 2012
    How cute, all those nihihihilistic developers giving their own games a 10 in the hope it sells.. well the campain takes about 45 minuts (yes indeed) the multiplayer is bad, it lacks content, gameplay and fun..

The only good thing about this game is that the controls are good..
  41. Nov 20, 2012
    Jack Tretton from Sony should resign or be fired. He mismanaged the Vita from the start. Call Of Duty is a bigger mess than Resistance Burning Skies. Sony and Activision should have given Nihilistic the boot. It was clearly obvious that Declassified was horrible cause Activision didn't endorse it on their website. The Vita should be renamed the Morte the latin name for death cause the Vita is beyond saving. Expand
  42. NT1
    Nov 17, 2012
    This is the biggest **** for a PS Vita owner. What I expected was a action packed single player like the other CoD games. Instead, this game is meant for multiplayer, and multiplayer only. I DONT WANT TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER ON A HANDHELD!!! Because it's crap and i don't want an online experience. I want to play a thrilling single player with lots of explosions and **** Nothing thrilling on this. Buy Resistance Burning Skies instead. Expand
  43. Nov 17, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is a total nonsense game that relies only on the name of the franchise to offer an unfinished product with numerous errors. A title totally expendable and it adds nothing to the catalog of Vita.
  44. Nov 18, 2012
    Garbage like most vita games.Half ass made game and robbery at 50 bucks. I am not selling my ps vita i have owned just about every game and need 4 speed is the only game like the cousole. Nail in the coffen for the vita with big name garbage
  45. Dec 1, 2012
    This can't be considered a videogame. This must be considered the worst GARBAGE ever made in the story of videogames. If you don't want to waste a lot of money, don't buy this game: the single player mode can be completed in 45 minutes!
  46. Dec 29, 2012
    Pros: It's COD on the Vita!
    Cons: Everything else. Glitchy, poor performer. This game is not doing FPS on the Vita any favours! The multiplayer is not fun, nor are the missions. I really wanted this to work, but it doesn't. And believe me, I persisted!
  47. Mar 15, 2013
    The campaign is 1 hour long, has a week story, each mission is 5 minutes long, all the multiplayer maps are smaller versions of the original Black Ops (ex: Nukehouse), the hostiles mode is the same as MW3's Survival mode, Bad controls and bad AI. Its a okay game, but it has some major flaws
  48. Nov 26, 2012
    This atrocity almost made me regret buying Sony's hardcore handheld. It's just another nail to the coffin of struggling piece of hardware. Biggest franchise on most advanced and hardcore-oriented turned out enormous in terms of failure and overpriced in terms of bang for a buck epicly epic flop. Great showcase of Vita's future. Can't believe Sony allowed Activision to do this. Can't believe Sony certificated this atrocity. It doesn't even work without crashing and freezing the whole system. No awesomeness of Little Big Planet on Vita can't fix this damage done to platform. Thanks for free psn plus month I can play games that don't SUCK AT LITERALLY EVERYTHING, and not broken to the point of resetting the whole Vita mid-match. Way to go, Sony and Activision, good work. Expand
  49. Jul 1, 2013
    When they ported Black Ops, they could have at least kept in everything that made black ops great, not strip it down to the bone and remove any substance of greatness that it had. Zombies, gone, SP, Short and unsatisfying and for the MP, wow, hardly any maps, half the guns, 8 players, hard to find a game and last but not least, it looks horrible. It's already been proven that the PS-Vita has enough power to make a game look beautiful, Uncharted was near identical to it's console counterpart. The only explanation is that the team that made the port were just terrible at coding and had about the same thinking power as a pea.

Plus why do portable counterparts always have to be stripped down?, especially condiering that there is nothing about the PS-Vita that makes it a weak platform, it has more than enough power and more than enough memory on it's game cards to support the full version of Black Ops, if the Wii can, the Vita can, this is lazy developers looking for a quick buck at it's best.

Didn't Rockstar prove with GTA LCS and VCS that a portable game doesn't have to be a featureless port? They rebuilt the entire world of Liberty City and built an entire new backstory around it, with a lengthy campaign and tons extra to do, with the things that made the console games great.

Call Of Duty Black Ops: Declassified, Does not include anything that made the console version great.
  50. Apr 27, 2013
    Just plain terrible. Call of Duty is a quality series with an awful fanbase, but Declassified is a terrible entry that even the CoD fanbase knows to steer clear of. All the people giving this game a 10 are obviously massive Kony Cumpooper Unentertainment fanboys that want to see their "precious" Vita (or should I say Mortis) outsell actually good gaming systems. The way you do it isn't lying to the consumer and disguising bad games with perfect 10s, damn it. Expand
  51. Mar 11, 2013
  52. Dec 4, 2012
    considerando que es un juego para una consola portátil considero que esta bien pero como van a sacar un black ops sin zombies??? que mierda es esta yo pensé wowww voy a tener zombies a la mano mientras estoy en el trabajo o en una cola a la oficina pues no todo se limita a misiones al estilo de call of duty pero con la peor jugabilidad que puedas inmaginar pero en realidad creo que perdí el dinero con este juego carece de toda emosion de la version de blackops 1 y ni hablar de blacops 2... Expand
  53. Jul 13, 2013
    i just don't understand how Activision could fund such a disasters. Bugs and everywhere. players getting stuck on a door, a respawn point puts you behind enemy lines. controls don't feel good just yuck
  54. Nov 21, 2012
    Having moderate experience with recent Call of Duty games (the last played online being Call of Duty 4), Black Ops declassified can be generalized as the typical Call of Duty game nowadays - rushed through development to be put out onto the market to bring in the cash. Thankfully, this game won't be bringing Activision much revenue as it is simply a poor game.
    The singleplayer options are
    absolutely atrocious. What little saving grace new Call of Duty games have nowadays - their campaign stories - have been omitted from this bare bone of a game. The missions are individual and unrelated, there is no story providing incentive to play the next one, checkpoints have been omitted meaning that if you die at the last second in a mission, you will have to replay the entire mission from the beginning. This provides nothing but frustration and even taking into account that Black Ops: Declassified has been developed with the idea of a portable, easy to get in and out of game, it feels like the devs have taken simplification too far.

The multiplayer whilst retaining the enjoyable and rewarding gameplay of past entries in the franchise is rife with bugs and inconsistencies. You will be lucky to successfully load one game in three, as the game simply kicks you back to the multiplayer menu with no reason and no errors to report. The maps are miniature (as in the backyard of a house) and you will often spawn with an enemy either in your sights or aiming at your head.
    Customization options are however acceptable and have some levels of depth, but then again, that is expected of a game in today's FPS genre.

My verdict? Unless you're a die-hard CoD fan with a Vita and money to burn, don't bother.
  55. Nov 21, 2012
    This is a waste of an unbelievable property. I finished the campaign in one sitting.....That's right, about an hour. I would score game play on its on a 6 or 7, but what good is game play when you don't have time to enjoy it. Shame on you Activision. Let Blizzard start okaying your games or something. This also gives a black eye to an already ailing Vita, which is capable of amazing original games such as Uncharted and Assassin's Creed Liberation. Expand
  56. TGR
    Nov 22, 2012
    Disappointing. That's one of the many words I could use to describe just how bad Call of Duty: Black Ops Decalcified is. From its pointless campaign to its buggy multiplayer. Declassified's campaign has stupid A.I.s who shoot at walls and stare at you. The story is pointless with missions giving you a random reason to go in and kill some guys. It has nothing to do with the Black Ops story line. It's multiplayer is buggy and has horrible maps. On the bright side it stays true to the franchises multiplayer modes and the ability to create a class. This game is not worth picking up. You are way better off spending that forty dollars on some fun smaller games on PSStore, Xbox Arcade, or Steam. Expand
  57. Dec 27, 2012
    Steer clear of this piece of garbage that everyone was telling me was going to be "the game" that was going to spike Vita's sales singlehandedly. Two words come to mind.. "Epic Fail."
  58. Dec 27, 2012
    This game is just horrible. The single player mode is ridiculously short, the IA sucks (I've seen enemies shoot a wall, throw grenades that kill themselves or just run in circles even though I'm there), the controls feel awkard and the missions are just boring.

Usually the on-line is the main reason to buy a CoD game is the on-line mode, but in CoD: BOD the on-line mode doesn't work,
    the game keeps kicking me out of every lobby for no reason (and it's not my connection, everything else works fine, hell, I can play the PS3 CoDs without any problem) and the only time I got to play, one of the players was invincible and could not be killed.

Those problems were supposedly fixed with an update, but after I downloaded the 400 MB patch, it still works as bad as the first day, the only difference being that the game doesn't freeze anymore after I'm kicked of a lobby.

Graphically the game is okay, textures and models are bad looking, and light effects are nothing special.

The OST couldn't be more awful, they could put no music and it wouldn't be noticeable. The sound effects are generic.

This game is not worth buying, it should be a 3$ iOS game.
  59. Feb 26, 2013
    El peor call of duty de la historia una campaña corta y que no aporta nada a la historia como prometían y un multijugador con mapas reciclados y lleno de lag.
  60. Jun 26, 2013
    Avoid this game, it is a broken pile of crap from Nihilistic. Animations, visuals, environments, and the bugs bring this game down. Not to mention the unstable servers. If you want a portable quality shooter experience, pre-order or go by Killzone: Mercenary when it comes out.
  61. Aug 3, 2013
    this is one of the worst games i ever play its is so bad that i cried hint hint big black ops fan so yeah. the worst thing is the whole game they need a whole new storyline
  62. Aug 2, 2013
    I know that people hate the Call of Duty games (for little to no good reason), but if there's one game that deserves every bit of hate it gets, it's this one. I like the Call of Duty games, but this game is just GARBAGE.
  63. Apr 29, 2013
    Its no secret that the Vita isn't as much of a success as Sony hoped it would be, so they figured they would just get one of Sony's biggest titles, slap it on the cover of a game, and sell it like hotcakes. The Vitas previous FPS game Resistance: Burning Skies was a flop, and despite its failure, Sony has hired THE SAME DEVELOPER to create their Call of Duty game. Trust me when I say, this game is NOT Call of Duty. The weapons, Maps, and music may seem familiar to Black Ops on the PS3, but dont expect this to live up to the expectations of the big Call of Duty titles. There is no story, the gameplay is nothing new, and the graphics have actually only gotten worse since Resistance: Burning Skies. I dont know if this was all due to the developers only have 6 months to make the game, or simply laziness. The game does, however, have a few good sides. Nihilistic (the games developer) now has added some extra content for solo play. There are now both Hostiles mode and Time Trials. Hostiles is fun, but its relatively simple and may lead to you just quitting due to the dumb AI. And the Time Trials mode is essentially a variety of training levels stretched into a whole game mode. Now the thing that really hurts the game is the lack of Zombies. Fans of Call of Duty: World at War and Black Ops should be very familiar with Zombies as it is one of the greatest ideas in Call of Duty history. Well, Zombies is gone and without it, the game is just no good. Finally, the only upside to the game is the Multiplayer. While the multiplayer is not up to par with Black Ops on the consols, its still relatively fun. Fans of Call of Duty should feel right at home with its classes, killstreaks, and perks. SCORE: 4.0/10 Expand
  64. May 1, 2013
    This has absolutely the worst single player shooter I can ever remember playing. The fact that I even finished the missions is a testament to my own stubborn bloody mindedness. This is an utterly awful game and I'm ashamed of myself for even playing it.
  65. May 19, 2013
    Black ops declassified the 2nd FPS on the ps vita had a lot of hype surrounding it but the execution was horrible the game had nothing good the only thing it did ok was the shooting it feels a bit clunky but it manges to get the job done (with the aim assist turned on) but everything else is broken to performance issues glitches and other mad mishaps if you look on my black ops 2 review you see i have lost hope on the call of duty franchise but this abomination of a game has completely destroyed.
    do not buy this game! never buy this game! not even if its £1 pound at game station it is a pile of mess
  66. Jul 28, 2013
    This is a buggy horrible mess!

The 1 hour long campaign lacking a story line bored me to death.

Nearly unplayable due to massive look acceleration.

Nauseatingly low FOV.

Random crashes.

Can only play multiplayer if you have a NAT type 2 Internet connection.

FPS Issues.

Good

The create a class system is just the same.

Has kill streaks.
  67. Apr 22, 2014
    CoD: BOD is a horrible mash up of bad story telling, bad A.I., clunky gunplay, and repetitiveness. The story telling is flat like the soda that's half finished in the back of my fridge. The A.I. is like trying to make a puppet have good movements. The gunplay is akin to trying to untie both your hands with a triple know. The repetitiveness.....is like CoD. See a pattern here? CoD is showing its sloppiness. While I liked Ghosts and BO2 (to an extent), I can't give any merits to the game other than the graphics which are flat out gorgeous for a 3D shooter handheld game. Overall, don't buy it. Expand
  68. Jan 4, 2014
    Call of duty is gaming biggest series that sell about more than a million copies at launch. I have been a fan of the series for just two years and I think the series is best known on consoles like the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii (no one plays on it anymore), Wii U, and recently on the Xbox One and PS4. There were also ports of the games on the Nintendo DS, but they unique end up being bad for most of them. In 2012 (I think) Activision announce a new Call of Duty game for the vita later that year. It could be the best Call of Duty game on a handheld and when it was released the game got negative reviews both from fans and critics getting fours to even a one out of ten. I purchase the game to the reason why it consider bad first the campaign if you call it that is incredibly short it would take forty-five minutes to complete the campaign making it the short to play through and plus the story doesn't make any sense having the Black Ops characters go through missions with no sense at all. The voice acting is horrible minus Frank Wood's voice actor is still here and the checkpoint system is completely gone making levels hard to complete levels on higher difficulty. The positives the gameplay is the same like other games in the series and the multiplayer is good to come back and play. The last thing a need to say the game was developed in five months and that a fact. Don't play this game, play the new killzone on the Vita instead. Also the game come with Call of Duty Road to Victory for PSP downloadable making the game fifty dollars it's better than this game. Expand
  69. Dec 27, 2013
    What was originally planned to be the Vita's "big break" in todays competitive market ultimately resulted in what I can only see as one of the most disappointing games of the generation. Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, while occasionally guilty fun, is the epitome of disappointment. Declassified's single player content is broken up into three modes: Contracts, Hostiles, & Time Trials. Operations mode is nothing more than a series of uninspired missions. Additonally, these missions can be completed in under an hour on the preset difficulty. Oddly enough, players can earn XP from completeing these missions. Unfortunately, this XP cannot be transferred to multiplayer. This bears the question of why this was even added in at all. This really is a sorry excuse for a campaign. Next is Time Trials mode, which is definitely the odd one of the bunch. Time Trials is basically just target practice with a timer. This is undoubtedly the least interesting of Declassified's modes, as well as the easiest. The last of the single player content is Hostiles. In Hostiles, players face off against endless waves of enemies. This mode had a lot of potential. Unfortunately, it falls flat. The lack of co-op support means players will have to go in solo. Without anyone to play with, this mode was outright boring. This is easily the best of the single player modes, but that isn't saying much. Unfortunately, things don't get much better in multiplayer. Maps are just inferior rehashes from previous games. Also, accuracy plays practically no part in Declassified. Simply spraying your weapon is the best way to go. Finally, connection in general is horrid. Every two out three matches will crash, even with a perfect connection. Declassified developer Nihilistic clearly had a "quantity over quality" mindset when creating Declassified. Overall, Declassified feels rushed, boring, and broken. Its one redeeming value is it's multiplayer, at least when it works. Expand
  70. Dec 2, 2013
    This sorry excuse for a game made me waste my time and waste 60 bucks. It has a 30 MINUTE campaign mode full of bugs and glitches, a poor A.I. and a unplayable multiplayer. Ignore the positive reviews, they're people paid by Treyarch to give good reviews OR CoD fanboys that can't admit that there is a bad CoD game. Don't dare touch a copy of this game, if it even can be called a game!
  71. Mar 15, 2014
    This Call of Duty is one of the worst game of the psvita.Well,I think it's the worst.It's a failure,a fail production in game industry.People just buy it because of it's a Call Of duty,but men,it's awful.If you want a game like this and many,many times better buy Killzone Mercenary.
  72. Feb 14, 2014
    There is indeed a game here. It IS fun. It IS indeed a COD game on a handheld. However, Its as though they've never actually played their own finished product. There are so many niggling refinements that need to be made and without them it makes for a VERY frustrating experience. The AI know where you are at ALL times. They are already shooting you before you come around the corner. On top of that, whenever you are shot, your aim jumps 20 feet up so its impossible to bring it back down to shoot the guy that is shooting you. There are invisible objects, and things you just get stuck on. If you are an achievement hunter, this game will frustrate you beyond anything imaginable. Unfortunately, trophy hunting is the only way to keep playing the single player. Its VERY short. It takes longer to get through all of the annoying slow motion "cut-scenes" at the beginning when you have to repeat play for 3 stars. Expand
  73. Nov 15, 2012

1. Declassified feels like a disappointing DLC bundle rather than a full release. In its best moments it proves that Call of Duty could work on the console, and it has some good ideas – earning XP across single-player for multiplayer unlocks is particularly neat – but it's exceptionally hard to justify how this ended up with a $70 price tag. The very best PS Vita games have proven that, in the portable market, size can still matter. This lesson has, ironically, been ignored by gaming's biggest franchise. [January 2013, p76]
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    This'll remind you of the very worst PSone FPS games. [Issue#227, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    This game should have stayed classified or, at the very least, been redacted.