4.9

1. Jul 18, 2014
    Great, hectic fun that'll keep both single and multiplayer Call of Duty fans entertained for hours, with fast-paced, closed in maps for multiplayer and the great, cinematic feel of the console CoD games.
  2. Jul 21, 2017
    It is very difficult at first if you're not a veteran on COD, this is my first COD game, and after completing the second mission I'm having a blast. It is good once you get the hang of it. Second mission was stressful as it had time limit. Good game if you don't compare to console versions.
  3. Sep 23, 2017
    I am writing a review purely as a handheld gamer and on the multiplayer aspect( have not finished the campaign). This version of Call of Duty is a faithful handheld version of any standard COD game. Good Graphics, decent control and the best handheld COD experience I've played, makes this a good solid fun game that I find myself drawn back to. The Multiplayer far exceeded my expectations,I am writing a review purely as a handheld gamer and on the multiplayer aspect( have not finished the campaign). This version of Call of Duty is a faithful handheld version of any standard COD game. Good Graphics, decent control and the best handheld COD experience I've played, makes this a good solid fun game that I find myself drawn back to. The Multiplayer far exceeded my expectations, especially after reading reviews and it closely mirrors its home console brethren. If you want a good solid portable multiplayer shooter, this game more than exceeds what i was expecting for a portable game system in this category. So if you have a Vita and like Call of Duty Multiplayer, I don't think you will be disappointed as long as you aren't trying to directly compare it to the console versions and take it for the portable on the go experience it is. Expand
  4. Jan 9, 2013
    A lot has been said (and of course, written) about Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassisfied since it hit store shelves last month. Most of it negative, very little positive, almost all accurate in one way or another. While the gaming media have thrown tons of three's and four's (out of ten) at CoD Vita, with waves and waves of users posting either tens or zeros, the user reviews posted onA lot has been said (and of course, written) about Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassisfied since it hit store shelves last month. Most of it negative, very little positive, almost all accurate in one way or another. While the gaming media have thrown tons of three's and four's (out of ten) at CoD Vita, with waves and waves of users posting either tens or zeros, the user reviews posted on this site have been far more polarised. The reason I decided to type this quick review is because neither of these points of view are at all accurate. The gamers that trawl through these very reviews deserve a neutral, more measured point of view with which to help them make an informed decision. With neither gushing adoration or utter disdain helping one iota, what is needed right now is a little perspective. Personally speaking, I hit the shops and grabbed Declassified within a day or so of it's UK release. At which point, no media reviews had yet been published, and only a couple of very brief user reviews had been posted here on Metacritic. Both of which were overwhelmingly positive, aiding my decision to spend a whopping £42.99 on the game. But do I regret it? Mmmm, yes and no. Despite it's brevity, I personally had a lot of fun playing through the single player campaign. For a seasoned Call of Duty vet, it's probably not beyond the realms of possibility to negotiate your way through each of the ten missions in little more than an hour. Maybe even less. Although I admit to enjoying the odd FPS shooter, I certainly do not fall into the 'seasoned vet' catagory, and as such, it took me the best part of four or five hours to beat. I also found the difficulty curve and pacing to be savage yet acceptable. Many have laid criticism at the games lack of mission checkpoints - citing their absence as a wholly underhand means of adding to the longevity of the campaign - but I considered this to be all part of challenge, adding an extra layer of tension. While it certainly isn't in the same ballpark as it's console counterparts, there's still a good deal of mileage to be had from CoD Vita's multiplayer component too. While there have been many well documented issues regarding stability and connection woes, Activision has now provided patch (that went live last week) which addresses most of these foibles. While still isn't perfect, multiplayer reliability is now vastly improved. Unfortunately however, Declassified's primary achilles heel remains. And that my friends, is the enemy AI. No matter how impartial I attempt to be, there is just no getting away from the fact that Declassified is home to some of the worst (and dumbest) AI I have encountered in a very, very long time. At this time, one can only assume that there are no plans to provide a fix for this issue, and that is a real shame. In summation, Declassified is a flawed portable FPS experience, but one that can be an awful lot of fun too. It isn't perfect, it isn't awful. It's somewhere in the middle. And that warrants a score which reflects this. That score isn't a zero and it certainly isn't a ten. For me, it is a seven. And that my pedigree chums, is perspective. Collapse

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 28, 2013
    Declassified feels like a disappointing DLC bundle rather than a full release. In its best moments it proves that Call of Duty could work on the console, and it has some good ideas – earning XP across single-player for multiplayer unlocks is particularly neat – but it's exceptionally hard to justify how this ended up with a $70 price tag. The very best PS Vita games have proven that, in the portable market, size can still matter. This lesson has, ironically, been ignored by gaming's biggest franchise. [January 2013, p76]
  2. Play UK
    Jan 23, 2013
    This'll remind you of the very worst PSone FPS games. [Issue#227, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    This game should have stayed classified or, at the very least, been redacted.