4.8

1. Nov 13, 2012
    Black ops:Declassified is one last effort from now extinct company, Nihilistic. In interviews I have heard the developers' COD finaticism, upon playing the game this shone through the usual COD-aesthetics because unlike BO2; this game has been finely tuned for the Vita apart from the dash controls of which appear to be a minor flaw and are picked up after time is spent with this gem.
    Goodbye Nihilistic and thankyou! It's a shame you can't make one next year!
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    I had seen some trailers and pictures but it had ugly grafics, low frame... Finally it seams to be solved because the game is pretty good, grafics, smooth... online it's amazing and even you might forget you'r playing on a handheld console, i have to say that i got a trigger grip and it makes feel like a dualshock controller
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    Much better than I expected. Very much a genuine COD experience on a handheld. Recommend to any FPS fan. Only thing i wish for is ZOMBIES!! ( could be introduced in DLC).
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    A very good port... When it works. Half of the games I join I get booted out of immediately. Another good portion of games have terrible lag. The maps are a little small. Spawn points are unintuitive. Good for on-the-go fun, but not a worthy port of the console versions. Also, everyone camps. It's not fun.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a great handheld version of Call of Duty. You cannot compare this to the console version. That is unfair. This game is great on the Vita and will keep you addicted to the Vita for the holidays at least. The campaign is fine, but the meat is in the multiplayer and hostile modes. The graphics are amazing. My only complaint is that the campaign is short, but there is a lot of replay value if you want to play all the difficulty levels. I highly recommend this game. Do not listen to naysayers. Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    It's actually pretty good! Probably the most addictive game I've played on the Vita. The best FPS on handheld that there has ever been. It's not 100% as good as the main console version but it's definitely good enough to be enjoyable and it's worth playing. It's in a completely different league to Resistance which I thought was dire. This is actually a quality game!
  7. Dop
    Nov 13, 2012
    Ok i cant believe that i pay 50$ for this crap, all the 10 must be , nihilistic crew or the first wave of COD fanboys, maps are small, AI is stupid, and the single campaign is a joke. if u want to waste 50$ then throw it on the street u are going to feel a lot better.
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm not a call of duty fan boy but I do like most of the console releases. This game feels like real cod. The only thing its missing is zombies. But for what it is its awesome. Lots of fun. Add me and let's play. Psn:lowlifemalakye
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    The Game Is Awesome...I Didnt Expect That!!The Graphics Are very good and The multiplayer Awesome too No Lags.....and very quick to join a match no need to wait at all........!!
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    Just spent.an hour playing this on the train. Controls are a bit too.sensitive. Fixed in options though. Operations mode only played first mission. Play it on regular and it is a breeze. Hardened though, I can only get 3 minutes in to the level. Hostiles mode is great.fun.and perfect for mobile play. Plus the time trials are short and fun challenges.

Apart from that it looks, sounds and
    plays like a Call of Duty game. Think this might get unfairly criticised as it is not the full COD game people wanted but it is well suites for formats style of play. Expand
  11. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow I'm pleasantly surprised to say that this is a legitimate call of duty game for the vita. I wasn't expecting much and only got it cuz I had a target gift card but wow I'd have to say better than ac3 liberation. Does not lag at all on the frame rate or when you actually get into a game. This is exactly like black ops on consoles other than one small thing, getting kicked out of the lobby almost half the time. But I'll chalk that issue up to it only being the first day it was released and servers usually do have trouble on the first day. If you like cod ill like declassified and if ur a cod hater I would have to say ur hate this game, cuz it's exactly the same. Nihilistic surprises for the first time, I only wish resistance could have been this good haha Expand
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    It definitely is a Call of Duty in your pocket. Period. Even more: it is probably the best portable FPS on any platform and the closest experience that you can have of a console. I am not a CoD fanboy and this was a game that I had zero interest when it was announced. The trailer and the screenshots were just too bad. Everything has changed when I started to see some players footage of the finished game, before the launch. What I saw really amazed me, so I decided to buy this game on day one. I am so glad that I have made that decision. It is a solid FPS, with great graphics and gameplay. Everything that we have seen and are used to in CoD games are there (obviously, some things are compressed), even the sound resembles his big brothers. I see a lot of people complaining about the single player... well, first, Nihilistic was very clear about that: Black Ops Declassified is focused on the multiplayer. And, personally, I play shooters in general for the multiplayer. I never played a single campaign in CoD games or Battlefield. So I cannot tell you about the single player experience, but one thing I guarantee: the multiplayer is awesome. I played for hours and hours, I just stopped because my battery was too low. So, if you are looking for a solid single player experience in your Vita, maybe this is not for you. But if you are looking for a great multiplayer experience, probably the best so far on Vita, this is a must buy. Congratulations Nihilistic for the great job on Black Ops Declassified. That was a beautiful surprise for all of us, PS Vita owners. Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Black Ops Declassified is truly one of the most disappointing games I've bought in a while. While the graphics, guns and framerate are good, everything else is just awful. The single player campaign consists of 10 missions that last 5-10 minutes each, and there really isn't a story. The cutscenes are just pieces of declassified papers flying around with someone talking. You play as woods and Mason, but they aren't in any rendered cutscenes, because there are none. So the single player campaign is very linear, one dimensional and truly feels like a watered down port of black ops 1. Another problem I have is that the maps are very bland and boring. They all have an urban feel to them, there's no natural levels to be found. Also nuketown comes back as a map, but its been cut in half for some reason. Then there's hostiles mode, a mode where you face off against waves of soldiers similar to MW3. It was honestly the only mode I enjoyed. Then there's multiplayer, the problem isn't 4v4, the problem is the layout. I don't know why but all the times I've played online there were less than 8 people. It also takes awhile to load and you get dropped alot. Also nukehouse is very laggy online. The multiplayer is really disappointing for me. As for the game as a whole it just feels limited compared to black ops 2, even black open 1. The graphics are good but there are alot of jagged edges indicating that the game is not running at native resolution and is intact upscaled(seriously, why are all vital games upscaled?).

Overall this game was a huge disappointment. Obviously its not good if you can't even find reveiws on it. You can trust mine because I have the game and just finished it. The thing that bugged me the most was the price. This game is 49.99$ both retail and in the PlayStation Store. Why? 50$ for the retail version is a ripoff, but the digital version costs the same? For 10$ more you can get black ops 2 which is better in every single way. But this game was just a huge waste of money and makes me want to sell my vital, it's that bad. Heck, I enjoyed modern combat 2 on my android phone more than this game. Its just a very big letdown and you should just stick to consoles because its cheap, greedy stunts like this that really hurts the vital. In fact I don't think Sony cares for it, they release NOTHING for it. The latest vita app was the YouTube one they released 5 months ago. Overall do not get this game, if the price ever drops to 20$ then it would be worthwhile to me.
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of duty black ops declassified is not the best game ever, but it does what it was meant to do; bring the call of duty experience to the handheld. People who are giving it tiny scores arent using there heads. this isnt supposed to be the big block buster shooter, that runs at 60fps and has a top-notch score and amazing graphics. This is just a on the go cod that has the staple multi-player. I'll do a pros and cons thing below. PROS
    -Not to bad single-player for a handheld. it feature's small cut scenes at the begining of the levels.
    -A fair amount of weapons and attachments.
    -Pretty good graphics for a hand held. They did some major improvements on whatever engine resistance was running on. -Good amount of replay value with all the different mode's (operations, time trial, wave's)
    -Perfect for on the go
    -The awesome call of duty multi-player for on the go

CONS

-While the frame-rate is good, it tends to dip when multiple things are happening -the animation for your weapon while moving looks strange compared to the regular cod games. (could be fixed in a patch though, same as the framerate)

-there could be a little more MP levels (mind you there might be DLC for this game)
    -I've encountered some network problems (randomly getting kicked out)
    -the knife button is to close to the grenade button on the touch screen for me (example in level 2 i tried to throw a grenade back at the enemy but instead grazed over the knife button and killed a hostage)

-running feels is awkward to acomplish as you have to hold the dpad down while moving the joystick forward.

-No zombies, need i say more -The wave based mode does not have multi-player -some MP are abit to small (nukehouse) Those are my pros and cons, there are probably more for each but i cant remember right now. There are a few things i find strange though and that is in MP there is now capture the flag, or gun game mode. I thought those two would make it in because they could be quick. All in all this game is good, its what the VITA needed. I normally would give it a 7.5 but because some of the people on here are giving it 0 for a un-justified reason, i went a little higher.
  15. Nov 13, 2012
    This is a game we vita owners have been waiting for. Some excited. Some terrified. Me? I was on the fence with this one. I love the cod multiplayer experiance, I would love to have that same experiance on the vita. After playing this game for a good couple hours I do have to say I am impressed, Not as much as I wished though. We all know this is made by the same people who brought us the sub par game resistance Burning skies. I bought this knowing it was low rated. I gave it a shot and ran into so many issues with online games such as freezing when a match ends, other players not dieing when shooting them or stabbing them and my least favorite, getting booted from matches the second its about to start. So far I have seen a couple of these same instances in declassified although this is not even close to the amount of times I had that happen in burning skies. The gun models and sounds stick rather well to what you get in black ops 1 for the big name consoles. The run feature has to be the most confusing choice, in burning skies you could tap the back pad to make them run, in cod declassified, you run after holding the move joystick for a second, this is auto run feature. Some may dig it but I like to control my running. There is a option to change this but to run you press down on the d pad. Not to bad but I can say the back pad would have been a better choice. I also had the impression of single player having a solid story but feels like I am playing hostiles. As I played the story, every enemy who dies will earn you XP. I understand its a seperate thing but the game almost gets sucked away from the story when you see 100xp on your screen for every kill, I maybe nit picking here but thats just me. Hostiles is nice to waste some time on but we all know that zombies was the better choice but for some reason it was left out, it didnt ruin the game for me but it would have been cooler to shoot some undead then some bland character model. Hands down this is the best vita online game that there is to offer. I enjoy being able to play my own music to online matches since the lack of music in this game. Overall, its a good game and will probably be the best FPS shooter for vita until we see killzone get released. So far the experiance has been good but hoping that I dont continue to run into those same online issues that I had with burning skies. Fingers crossed all. Expand
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    Short game, bad graphics, not a real COD, a waste of money. Please ignore this game and move forward. The ones who say this is a good game are clearly its developers. None else feels like that.
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    I wasn't impressed by initial footage of this but was desperately hoping they would sort it out as this is what the PS Vita needs, a decent COD game...and they did it! The game plays like you would expect it to. Th campaign is short and broken down into chunks but it works. Graphics are good, along with the Hostiles mode (basically survival over several maps) The multiplayer is basically the same as normal Black Ops (but limited to 4 vs 4 max) The guns are there (along with their own xp levels) attatchments, Perks and challenges. The Maps aren't very big but for 4 vs 4 i would say they are about right. For Call of Duty on the go its pretty good....dive in!! Expand
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    IM surprised at this game campaign was actually fun and its actually good to relax and play some 4v4 multiplayer i would say its better than the console version but not enough to be vita killer app
  19. Nov 14, 2012
    Forget about all the bad critics and rumors, this game is really worth the money and a must have for FPS fans. Nihilistic did a good job, CoD Declassified is a fun and entertaining shooter. My expectations were really low because of the bad previews...and now i'm pleasantly surprised!

The single player is composed of many loosely coupled episodes. They are challenging, fun to play and
    absolutely right designed for playing on the way, in the train or elsewhere away from home. Each episode takes round about 10 minutes and you must repeat them several times, in order to complete all challenges. It's NOT a full-fledged campaign as you know it from the Xbox or PS3, but enough for many hours of single player fun. Most important, of course, is the multiplayer and belive me, this game delivers as expected for a CoD. As a veteran Xbox360 CoD player i can ensure you, the multiplayer really feels like a compact version of the big brother. Perks, killstreaks, customization etc everything is there and the most important fact: It's really fun to play!! Even the often criticized limitation to 4 vs 4 is no problem in reality, the maps are well designed for this constellation. They added an ad-hoc option into the game with the first patch, so even playing on private lan is possible, really nice.

The graphics are good, not on par with e.g. Uncharted, but very close to it and FPS is very stable. The sound is ok, nothing special. Controls and handling takes some minutes, overall you get used to it pretty fast and besides the concept for throwing grenades it is good (maybe i still need some time for the touch throw for grenades...).

There is room for improvement, like in every game. Multiplayer is e.g. only available on Wifi. Why not on mobile networks, my connection is pretty fast and good?! Some cooperative missions would have been nice, room for improvement for the next CoD for the Vita ;-)

Don't believe the stuff written by all these "experts" without any adequate knowledge of the final product. Just give it a try and form an opinion for yourself. For me Declassified is a really great shooter and worth 9/10 points. Good job Nihilistic!
  20. Nov 14, 2012
    Its an awesome game! Hostiles and time trial are pretty challenging ,good replay value.Played just one mission of Operations and it was so smooth with the "COD known " cinematics .Put it in veteran and then beat it for 42 minutes [ LOL that PSU guy is ridicilous ] .Now multiplayer ,man I just played 3 rounds of TDM on my lunch break using my iPhone as a hotspot .Jeezus guys this is COD everywhere!! If you have a VITA and love COD ,its a MUSTBUY .Putting 9 as there are still some glitches that could be patched very easily .Its the VITA GOTY for me .Safe

cheers
    chris
  21. Nov 14, 2012
    Great Game! Feels Just like COD, but on the go. It could it be more cheap because the lack of more maps and missions, but overall it's a great online experience on a portable game.
  22. Nov 16, 2012
    OK big up one of the other reviews that starts with "never played this game but" LOL... So Nihilistic basically ate a bullet with the 8 months to get this ready on time for Sony which is why they are making the move to phone games. Activision hasn't been there at all and it isn't likely they will do very much after they take over the updates past patch 1.02. The good news is that if you just want the best FPS ever on a handheld this IS it and lots of people are having a great time with this game. The scoring for this is rediculous and in an alternate dimension this same game under a different name having nothing to do with Resistance Burning Skies or CoD would get more appreciation. Thanks for the effort Nihilistic and for using what resources you had to focus on the most important aspects of the game - that being the game control, steady framerate, and the multiplayer component... As far as I'm concerned I am enjoying this game as well as can be expected. I ride the bus for 3 hours a day which is the only time I play video games and this is THE BEST shooter available on the go. I realize my score is a bit higher than I feel this game is "worth" for the pricetag (not that that should be a scoring factor IMO) but this Metacritic page has basically turned into a food fight with about half of the reviews being completely unrealistic. If anything this will keep any more Vita games from being $49.99 so :) Expand
  23. Nov 14, 2012
    Better than expected. Realistically this game deserves to be in the 8s. The online play is a lot of fun, I haven't had an issue with connectivity. Wish there was zombies.
  24. Nov 14, 2012
    Great game. Wasn't expecting much when I heard Nihilistic were developing but they proved everyone wrong. Multi player is very similar to console. Lots of people here giving bad review because of bad presumptions me thinks.
  25. Nov 14, 2012
    I just loving this CoD, the single player modes are equilibrated and very cool, but the great thing about this game is the multiplayer. This, so far, the best multiplayer game for PS Vita until now [maybe Killzone Mercenaries take the 1st place]. The game has a little bugs, but, in general, dont mess with the game play.
  26. Nov 14, 2012
    Even if you like the run and gun playstyle of Call of Duty this game will leave you wanting your $50 back. The controls are not very good since they use the rear touch and touchscreen for actions like trowing grenades . The campaign missions are only minutes long with no checkpoints. The enemy AI is atrocious, just standing there waiting for you to waste a bullet on them. Multiplayer maps are tiny. If you hated being killed every 10 seconds in multiplayer and bad spawn points (some of them spawn you right in your enemy's reticule sights), then you can not even imagine the chaos formed in Nukehouse, a recycled, half a map of nuke town. All maps are tiny. Call of Duty deserves better. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  27. Nov 14, 2012
    The general populous have been crippled on behest of the truly numerous hit driven titles that have landed on PlayStation Vita but with the latest title, +++Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified+++, THEY once again must burrow beneath their breezy wallets for more dough as +++Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified+++ is MOST stunning, radiant like a colourful bucket.

Developed by devout
    TREYARCH cousins, Nihilistic Software(tm). +++Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified+++ takes the CALL OF DUTY to a wholesome level, gun banging has never been more offending...or ferocious. Controls work like a swinging charm as you quell superfluous targets and music is swelling, hellishly swell.

This squashes competitor VIDEO GAMES ( ---3DS--- ) and rushes to a new era of online power play stretching beyond mankind
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    Got CoD: Declassified yesterday and I got to say this is a nice game, but a little expensive. It includes a PSN Voucher for CoD: Road to Victory, which is nice but people shouldn´t be force to pay the extra $10 bucks for it, it should have been a bonus. CoD: Declassified has a very arcade feel to it, the meat of the single player experience is made up by bite sized missions (about 5 min. each) where you must complete a set of objectives. If you fail is back to the beginning of the mission, so yes it kind of takes you back to the arcade times back the 80/90´s. I found the missions challenging and even puzzle like, replay value could be nice if you´re a completionist, but if you don´t like to replay the same scenarios all over, please stay away from this!!!. Graphics are nice but not excellent (it´s a portable title, guess I´m spoiled by consoles), sound department was kind of weak but functional. Multiplayer is very very nice, but I´m kind of worried that the map selection is scarce so it could get repetitive on the long run... maybe I´m being picky since I think the same about Halo 4. I think it was a terrible decision to charge you extra for the PSP title, but CoD: Declassified is CoD on the Run, simplified to a portable device, it´s not excellent but it will certainly satisfy your FPS craving when you´re away from home. It works for me and I´m happy with it. Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2012
    i have just spent £42.99 on this game..... absolute wast of my money! the operations are poor, the a.i is unfair to shockingly poor, the graphics for a handheld game are fine... not brilliant, the gameplay is mediocre and the online is not great, do not buy this game....

I've had my vita since launch and really want to love it... it is a great piece of kit but the software is
    average there are 1 or 2 great games but the last 2 that i have spent (quite a lot) of money on have been big name games, assassins creed and cod... neither of which are great come on sony! sort it out please! Expand
  30. Nov 14, 2012
    This game is just a bad joke, its absolutely horrible, single player ridiculous, just ten very tiny mission (keeps about 5 min each to complete), there is no story, the multiplayer is awful, it tooks me about 5 hours for play just 2 session, and also in the second one my system freeze with a nice pop up error message, people dont buy this game, dont waste money like me, this game is an abomination under a franchise name just for stole your money from your pocket, just one word to the developers, you should be ashamed of yourself for sell this kind of product for 50 bucks!!! Expand
  31. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. not what i expected. i believe in nihilistic to keep patching the game just like resistence. the character can run forever w/out getting tires and cannot dive. i like multiplayer though. didnt go to school because of this. Expand
  32. Nov 14, 2012
    Bought it - not impressed. The online is glitchy and the framerate sluggish. Would not recommend. At times it feels like the console version, but many times just falls flat.
  33. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified is not a good game. There is only one metric by which a consumer of this product could deem it good, and that's to be both starved of a worthy first-person shooter on the Vita and desperately attempting to rationalise one's purchase. Declassified is a bad game.

Lots of games are bad, in lots of creatively bad ways. Many games have curious new ideas
    that are flawed in their premise. Many others are not made to a high enough standard. Some are just developed by those who lack the skill to accomplish what they set out to do. Declassified is painfully, crushingly unambitious. It does very little, possibly because after Resistance: Burning Skies the developer reasoned that the less they make, the less they can make badly. It doesn't work. Declassified is a strangely empty package from a franchise that is known for wringing a great deal of value for the price of a boxed game, and what it brings to the table is positively rotten.

Single player is dull, plagued by ugly, short levels stuffed with braindead enemies while lacking any of the series' signature set-pieces. It's also very, very short - ten levels that each last five minutes or so to complete and lack any real cohesive plot - and have leaderboards that nobody should worry about bothering with.

Hostiles is a wave-based coop mode without coop. You take on swarms of soldiers that come your way and, alone, that's about it. The combat isn't dynamic and tactical enough to make it interesting.

Multiplayer, the franchise's mainstay, is a ghastly approximation of the real thing. Maps are small, game modes sparse and the feel, sound and look of the combat is all unsatisfying. It's plagued by technical issues that make the idea of finding a game upon booting the game an unsavoury and laborious thought. Having played six consecutive years of Call of Duty on consoles and PC, the sudden difficulty and wait in finding a stable match stands as a stark reminder of how un-CoDlike this abomination is.

Activision should be careful. The Call of Duty brand is, if anything, thought of providing consistent quality. This travesty of a release could do more damage to that image than sales would offset.

This game does not justify the price tag, the Call of Duty name or a spot on anyone's Vita. I strongly advise you against purchasing.
  34. Nov 15, 2012
    When it comes to shooters for the PS Vita Call of Duty Declassified takes game of the year. One of the best gaming franchises comes to the PS vita and a must have game for all PS vita owners. This game is packed with action on a 4 vs 4 a total of 8 players on a map. It has a great level system to unlock weapons and more but what makes this even more fun is the way it plays on a true mobile gaming system.

by otic101: http://www.psnsharingcommunity.com
  35. Nov 15, 2012
    I think people are forgetting to review this game for what it is, a portable version of cod with campaign for on the go, hostiles for a different challenge then online multiplayer for home/on the move. After playing this game I think they have a done a good job, the graphics are good, the gameplay is good and it's what I want on my vita. No doubt if ACtivision grow some b**ls they could produce better, but they didnt and I think nihilistic have done well after resistance and have produced this to my surprise, good job. Expand
  36. Nov 15, 2012
    I don't understand why review sites bash this game - just because they had to buy their copy ?
    Multiplayer is really big fun and has already many users despite the small maps. Yes the grafics could have been better / Campaigns are uninspired. But buy it as a multiplayer game and you will be hooked for many evenings. whoever rates ios fps or resistance higher is not objective or simply unfair!
  37. Nov 15, 2012
    I have the game and its the first time I have bought and enjoyed a game that has received such horrible scores. Seriously, 1,2,3 out of 10 suggests that the game is actually broken (bubsy 3d). At worst this game deserves 5/10 but even that is if youre silly enough to expect a 360 cod on vita. I think reviewers are mad they had to pay for a game and others clearly do not have/have not played the game and its a case of chinese whispers. If this exact game was on 3DS it would have been sang to high heaven! The single player missions may take 50 minutes on easy but I dont recall anyone slating star fox 3d or mario kart where you can see all levels and beat them in an hour (with only harder difficulty to come back for) and the online in those games is no way near as robust as this! Anyway, the graphics are good, the frame rate is rock solid, the controls are good, the sound is good. The missions are fun and OTT as you'd expect - both operations and time trials - which will take hours to beat on 3 star difficulty.

Hostiles (aka zombies with living enemies) has 11 maps and again to 3 star each will take hours and is very challenging

Finally the online games connect quick with no lag! I play free for all so am used to 8 players in a game. I have played team deathmatch and its never a case of running around the map just looking for opponents! Small maps = this is not a game for campers or snipers and forcing running and gunning. This, for me, makes the online here more enjoyable than far superior console shooters like battlefield or cod. I would say at the least play the game for yourself.
  38. Nov 15, 2012
    I feel like expectations are different for different people on this game. I was expecting a game where I could play a short mission on the go, as well as get a multiplayer experience similar to the console versions. I got exactly what I was expecting! Graphics are good, but not mind blowing. I think smooth gameplay is more important and the game plays extremely smooth. Controls are great after adjusting sensitivity. Multiplayer is very fun! Small maps means less camping, which makes this the go to CoD multiplayer of choice for me. Yes the campaign levels are short but they are meant to be replayed on different difficulties. I think the AI is not as smart as it could be but works well enough. Overall 7, since the game is fun, with some things that could improve for a later version. Please be open minded about the mixed reviews here. Low ratings seem to be the people that sit home playing their vita like its a game console. Portable games are not meant to have 30 minute campaign levels! This game was made with the idea that you will play your portable system in places other than your couch with black ops 2 sitting in your home console. Expand
  39. Nov 15, 2012
    This is a very good shooter - for a handheld. People don't seem to understand that the Vita is a handheld system and instead of rating a game on its merit and comparing to 3DS games they instead compare it with PS3 and 360 which is flattering to the Vita in a way. For those who played Resistance BS this is a far superior game, I'd give RBS a 3/10 as it was pitiful. The multiplayer is solid and probably on par with CoD 3. The SP is short but only if you play it on easy difficulty, play it on even the 2 star difficulty and I bet you that you won't be finishing up within 5 hours - 3 stars (Veteran) will take longer still. Then there is Hostile mode (similar to Gears Of War 3 Hoard mode) There's a decent amount of content here, a solid but short campaign and a solid multiplayer with no problems getting a game and lots of fun to be had. My advice is to give it a try. Expand
  40. Nov 15, 2012
    This is by far the best FPS, multi-player experience on a handheld ever. It's pretty awesome to be able to kick off a party, start a game and be chatting and playing COD from just about anywhere. 2 big thumbs up!
  41. Nov 15, 2012
    People who are scoring this 0 - 4 need to grow up (including gaming websites) and what's with the 10's and 9's ? it ain't that good people. Review games fair ! Is it perfect ? far from it, but its not the total mess that people are making it out to be either ! Nihilistic have made some improvements to the game since the 1st trailer.

The graphics have been polished up a bit, and while
    not the best looking Vita game it does its job of looking like COD and I've not noticed any major framerate problems. Controls are standard COD controls with a few things mapped to the touch screen like knife and grenades, they work well enough. The sound is a ok but the weapons sound weak.

The single play is short and a little disappointing, It feels more like Spec Ops with short missions, instead of a real story. The survival mode is ok if a little basic but the multiplayer is the highlight, and apart from a few connection problems (which should be fixed) it's pretty fun, it feels like mini COD with 4 v 4 matches. Overall it should have been better but its not completely broken, the multiplayer saves it from being a total waste of time. But it shows that a fps can work on the Vita. Judge it on its own, not up against the console version. 7 out of 10
  42. Nov 15, 2012
    Campaign is short but gives you a standard shooting experience. Enemy AI is my biggest complaint from the campaign as it can be like shooting targets that either stand and wait or just pop in and out of cover. Hostile mode is fun mindless shooting experience, definitely good practice for the multiplayer...which I bought the game for. Maps are small even for 4v4. They look okay but not up to the Vita's power. The main problem comes when trying to get into a match. You get into a lobby, things look like they are going good, about to start...main menu. This can go on and on for a while before actually getting into a match and even sometimes while in a match, you'll get booted from that. I give a six because, if there was seamless starting of matches, I would actually enjoy this game because it is a mini COD for the Vita. Expand
  43. Nov 15, 2012
    A truly awful set of micro missions masquerading as a single-player campaign is balanced, in part, by an entertaining challenge mode and a solid multi-player offering. There is certainly fun to be had in the online mode, but whether that's worth the full price of admission is debatable. Read my full review at ukvitablog.co.uk
  44. Nov 15, 2012
    The Magic word for this game is 'Alright' just keep that in mind while you read

You know, when I first heard about Call of Duty coming to the Vita I was actually thinking it could do good on the system. When the first trailer was finally released I thought the other way, looking at how bad the graphics and just the simple look of the game was but judging the game from it's first trailer
    is something no one should do until actually trying the game. I will say this tho, I had a hard time thinking if I should buy this game when it finally came out and so far the game is pretty good but it does have it's issues.

Black Ops Declassified is the second FPS to hit the vita and so far so good. They did as the developers said they would, quick missions on the go with multiplayer and hey what do you know, there quick and yet fun, but a little to quick if you ask me. When you first boot up the game you got three choice, Single player which will tell you the story of what happened between Black Ops 1 and 2, Hostile which is basically a game where you fight of waves of enemies and Multiplayer with both On and Off-line modes. The first time you hop into the game you can feel the distance the games make from other Call of Duty games, the graphics dimmed down a bit for 60FPS, the sound quality not as well made and small maps, but it does the job well for a Vita game. As a example of what i'm talking about, the Vita version of Mortal Kombat did the same thing, turning down the graphics for frame rate and guess what? You people still loved it, but enough about graphics, it's the gameplay that matters.

controls is basic and if you don't know what basic controls is for a shooter then smack yourself in the back oft he head right now........ oh i'm not joking, do you know how many FPS games have been released since I'v been born that has the same controls? Way to many. Getting off subject now sorry. Anyway, the touch screen it's self has the side functions like grenades, knife and killstreak's. Simple right? Well, this is one thing that bugs be a little. The touch screen is fine and all but sometimes it doesn't work like you wish it would or it does it when you don't want to use it. I have had this problem time to time and right when i need to use something it does something else but when i need to focus on shooting someone or running away it decides to do what ever it feels like. Touchy in other words. single player is short as said before. The whats interesting tho is the A.I. since they can go either good or bad for no reason. It's hard to explain, the A.I. are dumb and most times but can do some crazy stuff at times. For instance, if an enemy starts to run at you, if you run right at him, not firing at him then stop he might just run pass you and keep going as if he never saw you at all but at the same time if they take a corner thy will slow there approach, surround you and take you out with ease. It's impressive at times but just simply weird at times.

Multiplayer is fun but not as fun as you wish it would be if it was on console. It's great for on the go quick battles (like it's meant to be made for ) but some times they just seem to stretch on and on with everyone constantly running around missing each other. Unless I was waiting for a movie to start for the next half hour I could see a few games possible but not as often as I like.

You know what? I'm going to cut to the chase already. Black Ops Declassified is a fun FPS for the Vita but it doesn't live up to the Call of Duty games as we hoped for, specially the price. If yo want a fun time shooting the crap out of each other, go for it but if your looking for a system selling game then you might as well wait just a little bit longer my friends. For that this game gets a 7.
  45. Nov 15, 2012
    What the hell are you people smoking that are giving this game a 9 or 10? Must be Sony plants. This is a really really really bad game. Nothing about this game makes it worth renting let alone buying. A short so called campaign of no story and 16 very short 5 minute missions. Broken multi player that sucks! To early large patches that fix nothing. This game is a joke rush job to cash in on the COD name. This was the last straw on if I was going to keep my Vita with this last straw failure I'm selling or trading it in tonight. Like everything on this over priced joke of a system it Sucks hard! I hear they are going to release a new triple game pack on it next AC Liberation, Resistance burning skies, and COD BLOPS Declassified. They are going to call it the Steaming Dog Pile collection! Yuck Fou Sony Yuck Fou!!! Expand
  46. Nov 15, 2012
    I wanted to hate this game, I really did. I was so ready to, what with all the talking heads in gaming setting it up for the fall almost from the beginning. But you know what? It just works. All the little gripes like touch-screen grenade throwing can be easily circumvented. Simply by tapping the gratuitious grenade icon will prime and throw a grenade right to your reticule, just like the console versions. Within minutes, I was angling frags off the walls and having a hell of a time doing it. Thumbstick shooting is tight and concise, and though the campaign is short and not without flaws, the AI was certainly impressive enough. There was definitely some fire-and-maneuver going on as enemies try to outflank you under the cover of (sometimes poorly aimed) machine gun fire. The multiplayer is simply the best shooter experience on a mobile device, and all the customization options are adequately represented. It feels like CoD. It plays like CoD. You'll get out of it what you want from it. Expand
  47. Nov 15, 2012
    This is clearly the best vita game to date. The vita games to choose from were pretty horrible for a while and now us vita owners finally have a nice game to choose from. Good multiplayer, good campaign, its all the call of duty you could ever expect, just its now on vita.
  48. Nov 15, 2012
    Shattered my last hopes for the Vita. For a portable gaming system that claims to have that console quality experience on the go, I'd say the PS Vita comes far from living up to that statement. After playing almost every game in its library so far, the only games that come close to that experience would be LBP and Need for Speed Most Wanted. As I looked to the future for upcoming Vita games it seemed to be vast and empty as little to no developers are jumping on board. So it seemed COD BO Declassified was one of its last hopes of redeeming itself and keeping a place in my hands. For such a HUGE AAA title of Call of Duty, what could possibly go wrong when shrunken down to a handheld? Alot. Now, at first playing the game it looks, feels and plays just like call of duty. So what could be wrong? Here's what's good and bad: Good: Looks and plays like COD on consoles. That's it for the pros.Bad: Super short campaign. Terrible A.I. Compressed multiplayer with plenty of connection issues. Tiny maps( Nuketown is cut in half!). Boring hostiles mode. Graphics are barely better than Resistance BS. Everything just seems so unpolished in this game and all modes are just not that fun at all. I tried to enjoy the Multiplayer but the maps are just so small that its hard to enjoy always responding right infront of someone. Just a big disappointment all the way and it brings the Vita down even farther as well as the Call of Duty name. These other reviewers may have liked when they first popped it in and turned it on like I did, but just give them a few days and they'll see what I mean(gets boring and repetitive fast). Please save your money on this one as your only paying an extra $10 on another crappy COD psp title that it comes with. Thought this would save the Vita, but oh well. I can always get a Wii U or something. Expand
  49. Nov 15, 2012
    I'm very happy with this game. Although the singleplayer is short, there is a solid multiplayer experience. All the critic reviews are utter rubbish!
  50. Nov 15, 2012
    I bought this game today and was pleasantly surprised. The games looks good for a handheld and runs really smooth. I've played a lot of multiplayer, a couple campaign missions and quite a bit of the hostiles mode. So far critics have been harsh but I truly think they're butt hurt because of who made it, all the criticism they had for itbefore the game even came out, and the fact that its not just like the console. People need to understand its a handheld. And for a handheld it's a hell of a lot of fun. Anyone who rates this lower than they rated Resistance Burning Skies shouldn't even be listened to because this beats that game out of the water. And I enjoyed the Resistance game for what it was but it doesn't come anywhere near this game. Expand
  51. Nov 16, 2012
    The game isn't a 10, but it's not 0 either.
    The multiplayer is fast paced and thrilling, the only thing missing are bigger maps. It's almost similar to the console version.
  52. Dec 4, 2012
    considerando que es un juego para una consola portátil considero que esta bien pero como van a sacar un black ops sin zombies??? que mierda es esta yo pensé wowww voy a tener zombies a la mano mientras estoy en el trabajo o en una cola a la oficina pues no todo se limita a misiones al estilo de call of duty pero con la peor jugabilidad que puedas inmaginar pero en realidad creo que perdí el dinero con este juego carece de toda emosion de la version de blackops 1 y ni hablar de blacops 2... Expand
  53. Nov 16, 2012
    This game is by no means perfect, but it is fun. It is not broken and it works well for what it is. There is a lot of negativity around this game, unwarranted IMO. If you are expecting an exact port of the console version, you will be disappointed. However, this is by far the best portable FPS, ever, period. It is too expensive @ 49.99. I used my $20 credit on the PSN that I got this month, so I feel it was worth it @ $29.99.
    The campaign is short, but sweet, addictive for completionists. Hostiles is fun and just as addictive, but no replacement for Zombies. The gameplay works. The dual sticks are great. I had to tweek the sensitivity way down. The touch screen stuff takes some time to get used to , but is fine. My experience with the multi-player has been good. Always connect, very little lag. However, the map variation is weak and there aren't enough differnt modes. I would have liked to see domination here. Kill confirmed works well here and is my go-to. The graphics are decent, for a portable. Everything looks good and the framerate rarely breaks down.
    The sounds was pretty terrible out of the box, however a recent patch has brought it up to serviceable. The gunfire sounds on-point and the echo effect is cool in the earphones. Prior to the patch I was able to play my Vita play list in the background, even on-line, which was super cool. After the patch that stopped working.

Breakdown:

Graphics: 7.0
    Sound: 5.5
    Gameplay: 7.5
    Replay: 7.5
    Overall: 7.0 (not an average)

If you are looking for a replacement for the console you won't find it here. If you are looking for COD on the go, to play on the bus plane or just when your TV has been taken over this works well. It is not broken, at all! It is fun addictive and can hone your skills while you commute. A little over priced @ $49.99. However, I stand by the statement; this is the best portable FPS ever. PS; I also play Hostiles in between rounds of COD BLOPS 2, but I am a huge nerd so....
  54. Nov 16, 2012
    I think the bad reviews for this game are so far from right that the people who reviewed this game should be fired. It offers a great campaign built to be on the go or playableeven if you're just on your couch. I play this more than any other vita game in my library. The only gripe I had was there needed to be either a zombies mode or more perks and rewards for kill streaks. Other than that I am telling everyone to buy it! Expand
  55. Nov 16, 2012
    This game is tough to review because it depends so much on what each individual was expecting because of the COD name. If you wanted a great single player campaign then look elsewhere. The campaign here is divided up into about 15 short missions exactly like Unit 13. AI is sub-par and there is no story to grab onto anywhere. It is simply a dud.
    If you are looking for a COD multiplayer
    experience then for the most part I would have to say it is here. It has all the familiar elements of COD such as killstreaks and custom classes. The online games are 4 vs. 4 but don't let that fool you, they actually seem perfect due to the scaled down map sizes. The controls are smooth(after a little sensitivity tweaking in options) and after a little time the touch screen grenades actually aren't all that bad. The graphics are much better than we were shown in the trailers too. All in all, this game perfectly fills a void in my vita collection but it may not for everyone. I would buy this game again. Expand
  56. Jul 13, 2013
    i just don't understand how Activision could fund such a disasters. Bugs and everywhere. players getting stuck on a door, a respawn point puts you behind enemy lines. controls don't feel good just yuck
  57. Nov 16, 2012
    I`ts far from perfect, but it`s getting pounded to death by critics a little bit much. Maybe reviewers would have cut it way more slack if this was on 3DS, despite the differences in hardware. Vita games are being so thoroughly dissected, in search of that PERFECT PS3 experience on a handheld that most good games that deserve better ratings are being badly reviewed just for not reaching the home console status, that just don`t exist in reality. And i don`t consider this to be Sony`s fault: nobody promised my the SAME PS3 experience on Vita, just that it was going to be the most powerful handheld console on the market (true). I see it as a case of impossible expectations in general. That being said, i had fun with Declassified, despite it`s many faults. Expand
  58. Nov 16, 2012
    Ok so this game dissappointed me very much. I was expecting a way better job from the franchise. There are too many glitches and bugs. The game causes my vita to crash at all times. Sometimes im stuck on a frozen screen, sometimes im playing multiplayer and out of no where i get booted back to the menu screen. The story mode or campaign is extremely short and easy. Overall i think they have alot of work to do. I have seriously considered getting rid of my vita. I was one of the first to get my vita and i have been waiting since for call of duty. I am very upset at the lack of effort put into this game. Not worth getting as a christmas gift at all. Expand
  59. Nov 17, 2012
    I cant believe the critic reviews on this game. Yeah its not perfect but does it deserve scores as low as a 3?!?!? no. This is from the same company that made resistance burning skies. That game didnt score the best either but I gave it a 6.5-7. Call of Duty Declassified expands on the resistance idea and brings an almost console like call of duty mulitplayer on a handheld. Its got create a class, killstreaks, perks and all that jazz. It's certainly not as good as a console game but for short bursts of 15-20 minute gameplay its freaking awesome. The campaign is pretty poor. its only a little over an hour long but it has replay value with the star system you earn for each level. Of course if you compare this to a console call of duty it would get a score of a 3 or 4. But if you dont expect too much, and realize this is on a handheld with dual sticks?? Its a fun game. Expand
  60. Nov 17, 2012
    Listen... I had this game for about 3 days. A lot of people have negative outputs for this game but for what? Yea, the campaign is horrible but its really multiplayer that drives COD. This game has a decent multiplayer. It's very entertaining and I'm happy for this title. All in all, no one really cares about campaign.. Stick to multiplayer, which is great.
  61. Nov 17, 2012
    Bought the Limited Bundle edition hoping they'd be some sort of unique design to the iteration, like a call of duty logo on the back. It was my first PS Vita so I dropped my money in with the mentality that I was just buying the PS vita on sale and it just so happened to come with the COD game so if it sucked, I wouldn't be at a lost.

I have to say the game is just the worst game I have
    experienced in such a long time. In fact, Modern Warfare on the iOS tablets have more subsistence than this game.

People that are justifying the sloppy single player and the worst AI by saying its a MP centric game is clearly in delusion. To say not to expect a console counterpart on a handheld doesn't excuse the national tragedy Nhilistic has brought upon the COD Franchise. They guy that said he took 7 hours to complete.. has to be one of the worst player ever because this game takes around 30minutes to defeat in any difficulty.. I've never seen a game finish that fast, even on a phone .99$ game.
  62. Nov 17, 2012
    The multi-player in this game is a ton of fun. i rarely touch single player on COD games so i can't comment on that part of this game. Even though it is a stripped down version of the console experience, i it is still very easy to let yourself get immersed in the action and realize you've been playing for hours. sometimes the game dumps me back to the main menu or gives an error. but this was more common the first day or two i owned it. the past few days have been fine. the controls are fine with everything but grenades i find. if you hold the grenade with your right hand thumb, you cannot turn your character which can sometimes be necessary. you either have the drag your thumb back to the grenade icon to cancel the throw, or just toss it away. aiming, firing, turning are all fine.

I never have a problem finding a multiplayer match, regardless of what time of the day or evening it is.

the only time i feel that a map is cramped is when its more than 2v2 in nuketown. even still, it is still fun - just more hectic, and not very far off, scale wise, from a particular map in one of the modern warfare maps that i cannot think of the name off off hand. The rest of the maps more than big enough for 4v4. I have not experienced any other glitches with graphics or anything else.

i would not buy the ps vita for this game alone. but i would recommend buying a vita for everything the system has to offer which is a great gaming device with a beautiful screen, that has a collection of games including this one that you will spend a lot of time enjoying.

pros:
    -great multiplayer experience in the palm of your hand
    -slimmed down version of the console games

cons:
    -price is higher than most vita games
    -some flaws experienced early on with dumping me back to the main menu during multi-player, but those have not happened recently.
  63. Nov 17, 2012
    I took the plunge after hearing mixed reviews on both extremes. Nihilistic has a chip on their shoulder, especially with their last vita release debacle Resistance. I was pleasantly surprised that the multiplayer is actually quite good. I am pleased with the multiplayer and it is really addictive. I haven't had any major connection problems. For those whining about the single player campaign, we all know that games like these we buy for the multiplayer! The graphics are good and although it may not be the grand slam, Nihilistic has redeemed themselves from Resistance. I bought Resistance and that was just horrid, both single and multiplayer in Resistance was horrid. Needless to say, I traded that deplorable game. Expand
  64. Nov 17, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is a total nonsense game that relies only on the name of the franchise to offer an unfinished product with numerous errors. A title totally expendable and it adds nothing to the catalog of Vita.
  65. Nov 18, 2012
    Garbage like most vita games.Half ass made game and robbery at 50 bucks. I am not selling my ps vita i have owned just about every game and need 4 speed is the only game like the cousole. Nail in the coffen for the vita with big name garbage
  66. Nov 19, 2012
    It's not perfect, not bad... just a great game for standalone special ops and multiplayer. Multipalyer it's fun, with classes and all.

Forget the campaign, stupid AI, short... etc.

Would be a great purchase if you want to play special ops on your freetime or waste time playing on multiplayer.
  67. Nov 19, 2012
    Even the most hardcore of Call of Duty fans will be disappointed by this game. The campaign was only about an hour long, almost all of the models are recycled from previous call of duty games, and the multiplayer is extremely limited.
    Definitely not worth the money. I legitimately feel bad for anyone unfortunate enough to have bought the Call of Duty Vita bundle.
  68. Nov 19, 2012
    Nihilistic is getting thrown to the wolves by Activision. The savage reviews and frothing rage are completely out of context and misdirected. The original schedule for this title was 2 years. 18 months were spent by two studios who could not make it run at better than 10 FPS on Vita. NSI was brought in to save Activision from their own disaster. There was no concurrent development during the production of Burning Skies. From a cold start they made this game in six months. And no, this is not a re-skinned Resistance. A lot of new tech was written for it. Given the circumstances and time frame this was an amazing achievement.

Achievement Unlocked: Game Crunch Warrior!
    Make a solid Hand-Held FPS in 1/4 of a realistic schedule

The price was not set by the studio, it was set by the publisher. The limited scope of the game was dictated purely by the ludicrously short amount of time they had.

Quit kicking the studio that pulled off a miracle. Save your venom for the publisher that set this whole debacle up.

@codbod_insider
  69. Nov 20, 2012
    WOW. SONY VITA MAKES THIS GAME LOOK SICK!!!!

BUy it now!! Handheld COD action in full60FPS

Sick brah.git it git it.

SOme sick gamplay , you get guns, you shoot zombies, you have a great time. Amazing.
  70. Nov 20, 2012
    Let me just start off by saying I have been a big call of duty fan since CoD Modern Warfare the original on the Xbox console, and have owned all but WaW. I got my PS Vita because it is the highest quality portable system, with much greater graphics than the PSP, with graphics much more comparable to those of the PS3 or Xbox 360. Black Ops Declassified looks very nice on the Vita (graphically speaking), and has wowed many people I know who simply glance at it and can tell it is a Call of Duty game by the similarities of all of the character animations and guns. I waited to review until after I played through everything, and am overall impressed with this game. The campaign is definitely short, especially if you only try to beat it on the easiest difficulty level (there are three difficulty levels). It took me about 3 hours to beat it on the easiest level, and I intend on redoing it on each level on a harder difficulty. There are also many fun trophy achievements to try to achieve as well, that you can attain from both the campaign and hostiles mode. The multiplayer mode of this game is honestly buggy at times, but 90% of the time I try a multiplayer game, it works with no problems at all. The multiplayer is fast paced and addictive (especially with a friend in your lobby playing with flawless Vita voice chat), and ranking up and customizing classes also very closely resembles the original console multiplayer. My biggest disappointment with this game besides the sometimes annoying AI, is the absence of Nazi Zombies (and even multiplayer hostiles is missing, which was very surprising to me). Hostiles is very fun at times, but is not even close to the caliber of fun as the classic zombies, and feels empty in comparison. Overall, I rate this game a 7.5 (8 rounding up) and feel that people should stop comparing it to the PS3 and Xbox 360's Black Ops and Black Ops II, because it is not a console game and is the first of its kind on this platform. This game certainly does not deserve to be rated worse than Spy Hunter or Silent Hill just because it does not exceed the console version of Black Ops. I would definitely recommend this game to any fan of FPS games, as this is a great step for it in the right direction for the PS Vita. Collapse
  71. Nov 21, 2012
    Having moderate experience with recent Call of Duty games (the last played online being Call of Duty 4), Black Ops declassified can be generalized as the typical Call of Duty game nowadays - rushed through development to be put out onto the market to bring in the cash. Thankfully, this game won't be bringing Activision much revenue as it is simply a poor game.
    The singleplayer options are
    absolutely atrocious. What little saving grace new Call of Duty games have nowadays - their campaign stories - have been omitted from this bare bone of a game. The missions are individual and unrelated, there is no story providing incentive to play the next one, checkpoints have been omitted meaning that if you die at the last second in a mission, you will have to replay the entire mission from the beginning. This provides nothing but frustration and even taking into account that Black Ops: Declassified has been developed with the idea of a portable, easy to get in and out of game, it feels like the devs have taken simplification too far.

The multiplayer whilst retaining the enjoyable and rewarding gameplay of past entries in the franchise is rife with bugs and inconsistencies. You will be lucky to successfully load one game in three, as the game simply kicks you back to the multiplayer menu with no reason and no errors to report. The maps are miniature (as in the backyard of a house) and you will often spawn with an enemy either in your sights or aiming at your head.
    Customization options are however acceptable and have some levels of depth, but then again, that is expected of a game in today's FPS genre.

My verdict? Unless you're a die-hard CoD fan with a Vita and money to burn, don't bother.
  72. Nov 21, 2012
    This is a waste of an unbelievable property. I finished the campaign in one sitting.....That's right, about an hour. I would score game play on its on a 6 or 7, but what good is game play when you don't have time to enjoy it. Shame on you Activision. Let Blizzard start okaying your games or something. This also gives a black eye to an already ailing Vita, which is capable of amazing original games such as Uncharted and Assassin's Creed Liberation. Expand
  73. TGR
    Nov 22, 2012
    Disappointing. That's one of the many words I could use to describe just how bad Call of Duty: Black Ops Decalcified is. From its pointless campaign to its buggy multiplayer. Declassified's campaign has stupid A.I.s who shoot at walls and stare at you. The story is pointless with missions giving you a random reason to go in and kill some guys. It has nothing to do with the Black Ops story line. It's multiplayer is buggy and has horrible maps. On the bright side it stays true to the franchises multiplayer modes and the ability to create a class. This game is not worth picking up. You are way better off spending that forty dollars on some fun smaller games on PSStore, Xbox Arcade, or Steam. Expand
  74. Nov 28, 2012
    WARNING; the multiplayer for this game (the only reason to buy a Call of Duty game imo) absolutely will NOT WORK IF YOU ARE USING ANYTHING OTHER THAN WIFI off of a home internet connection. All of my other vita games will work using 4g/LTE tethering with my android phone. This is the only game that does not. There are no error messages, the ps vita simply boots me back to the main screen and then freezes when I try to restart a multiplayer game. If I use my home wifi connection, the online multiplayer works fine, and is as one would hope, Call of Duty in your hand. At least they included adhoc multiplayer (I have two vitas). But seriously, what is the point of making a ps vita game that can only be played at home on my wifi connection? Why wouldnt I just use my ps3? And how about some kind of error message about my connection instead of the game just freezing? I gave it a 5 instead of a zero because it is useful for playing via adhoc with my friends using my two vitas, but for most people who dont carry around two ps vitas the only reason to buy this game is if you do not own a ps3. Expand
  75. Dec 1, 2012
    This can't be considered a videogame. This must be considered the worst GARBAGE ever made in the story of videogames. If you don't want to waste a lot of money, don't buy this game: the single player mode can be completed in 45 minutes!
  76. Nov 24, 2012
    People were eager for an opportunity to bash the CoD franchise. There wouldn't be a more appropriate moment to do it than now that it released on the (almost) universally hated PS Vita platform. There, 2 birds with one stone, bash both CoD and Vita at once.
    CoD: Declassified is not a bad game considered it is a handheld experience. The campaign is shorter than the console counterparts
    probably due to portability - if they were any longer, I could see the reviewers saying "too long, not suitable for a portable game". The graphics are not groundbreaking, vita could do better, but they are not gamebreaking either - just decent enough. Gameplay is fine and multiplayer is the best moment of the game, as usual for a CoD game.
    Does this game deserve a 9/10? Probably not, but I'm giving it a 9 to offset all the undeserved hate it is getting. It's probably a 7/10.
  77. Nov 24, 2012
    What is wrong with you people? This has to be the most awesome fps ever made for a handheld. Forget what these sad reviewers are saying, the online multi ROCKS! Its got the perks, the challenges, smooth game play, great graphics and killstreaks. Reviewers these days on a handheld amaze me, how far the gaming world has come, great work. Oh, don't give a game a bad review because you get owned, go play Lego and leave the reviewing to the big boys, OK? Expand
  78. Nov 27, 2012
    Not to be confused with a console game. That said, Call of Duty on the Vita is nicely done, with decent enough graphics, multiplayer, and lots of practice chances. For what this is; a handheld compliment to a great game, it works quite well. If you're expecting this to be THE game for Vita though, you'll be sadly disappointed; as the levels seem small, and the game itself is short. The small issues take away from the perfection that is the console versions, but seeing this for what it is, it's a good foray into the mobile gaming market for non-cannon nihilistic. Giving it an 8/10. Expand
  79. Jan 18, 2013
    I would give this game a 7.5 in reality. It certainly has some substantial flaws but I think any game I can play for hours on end deserves a solid score. Single player is just ok. The missions are short but serviceacible. The hostiles mode is a decent distraction but I do find it can get boring after awhile. The real value of COD is in the same location as the console version, in the multiplayer. When the game launched getting into a game could be a real pain but after they released an update I would say it is only slightly less stable than the console version. You might get the odd dropped game but not often. Over Christmas I logged many hours on the multiplayer and what I noticed first was the fact that I had just as much fun playing it as I did when I played the xbox version. It certainly is not on par with the XBOX version but it was still a lot of fun. I was worried about only having 6 maps but they all play well. Having nukehouse and seeing the return of my all time favourite shipment really dulled the pain. I found the customization options deep and fun to play with. I would say my main complaint with the online is the lack of game types. deathmatch, kill confirmed, free for all and dropzone. The first 3 play the same. I would have enjoyed seeing a few different types just for a change of pace but at least dropzone keeps things fresh. My bottom line is It's not perfect but its fun. If you are looking for a Vita shooter. I would recommend this as a great multiplayer option. If you are looking for a deeper single player option I would grab Unit 13 ( although it is 3rd person) Expand
  80. Nov 28, 2012
    I don't actually say i dislike this game but . . . it's was a deception, i like CoD but this one just made me want more, this game could have way better also it should have used the vita system better. My conclusion is that the story sucks . . . and multiplayer bug and crash a lot so i just enjoyed the hostile mode, good try but don't deserves a good critic.
  81. Feb 8, 2013
    It is hard to understand why this game did so bad. I will break this game down though. The campaign has NO story which is a problem but the short missions are fun. However the enemies can see you before you can see them which makes the campaign difficult. Now in the time trials mode, I enjoy playing those missions and they are good time wasters, which was probably the purpose considering the campaign was short. The hostiles mode is challenging to me because again, the enemies see you before you see them, and that was how I died most of the time. However the game is saved, by the multiplayer. Save the campaign for when you are on the go, and play the multiplayer when you have a wifi connection. The multiplayer is good compared to the rest of the game and you may get kicked from a game every one in 5 games. Also the maps are tiny, like Nukehouse is a map and it is only one of the houses on Nuketown and its 8 player online, but the multiplayer is where this game feels like COD. It feels like COD Black Ops 1, but it is still good for the vita's first COD game.
    PROS: Multiplayer is COD-like, Hostiles and Campaign are challenging, campaign missions are enjoyable as so are the time trials.
    CONS: Multiplayer has tiny maps, Campaign is too short, enemies shoot at you before you get a chance to shoot at them.
  82. Nov 29, 2012
    I dont know what the problem is with all the "Critic" reviews but this game kicks ass if you want COD on the go. I play multiplayer all day at work on our wifi and its awesome. Really works well.......I think they tweaked the log on process from the first week of release....much better now. I even dig the offline modes in this game. Sure the AI is not perfect but its ok to good. Awesome VITA game.....go get it. Expand
  83. Dec 2, 2012
    The multi player is actually quite good fun if you can get in.... However the game is so buggy I only manage to get online 2 times out of 10 I've submitted more bug reports than I can remember its just an epic fail. What a terrible game that could of been so much more. I'm glad I got it bundled with my Vita and didn't pay the full $50.
  84. Dec 3, 2012
    I am going to be honest, black ops declasified isn't, slick, innovative, or anything new, but it's is exactly what it needs to be for the vita. The story mode is incredibly short and in 3-5 min chunks, which is what you would want in a handheld version, it has a survival mode which isn't great but it's a nice distraction, it has time trials which will keep you coming back from time to time. But the gem is the multiplayer. It's fast, has great maps, kill streaks but most importantly, it feels like call of duty. I know some people don't like the small maps but I personally think they are perfect. It's only 4v4 so anything bigger would make it to difficult to find people which is exactly what happens in the games one and only bigger map. The negatives are the graphics, AI and the fact you can randomly be kicked out of a match. The graphics aren't bad it's the colour scheme, its always a kind of washed out brown. But the AI on the survival and campaign mode are awfull. The enemies shoot at you before they can even see you and they seem to have perfect accuracy all the time because they hit you an unbelievale amount of times. And the online sometimes has connection problems which seems to be consistent with other peoples reviews. Overall black ops declassified gets the job done but it needed more development time to make it a high level product, but if you have been waiting for a good fps on the go, this is it. But it will certainly make the wait for killzone on the vita a bit easyier. Expand
  85. Dec 3, 2012
    After receiving such bad ratings, I debated whether or not to still purchase this game. But the fact that I could get it AND a 4 GB memory card for free clinched it for me. On the other hand, it still is a bit pricey for a handheld system although I never heard too many complaints when the 3DS debuted for 199 dollars. But on to the game! CoD:Black Ops Declassified is more in the line of a pure handheld than a continuation of the original platform-based franchise. The campaign is more like small missions. it seems to try and tell a story and make you as much a part of it as possible but it just seems like one separate mission after another. Basically, it is somewhat disjointed. Although in the games defense, the AI is pretty deadly and if you aren't constantly hitting them they will kill you fairly quickly. The reviewer who said he could beat the game in an hour obviously wasn't playing the game on it's hardest level. Admittedly, the game isn't as immersive as a normal platformer, but I think people are missing the point that it is a handheld game system as well as a FPS (Not an MMO). The multiplayer, as best as I can tell from the few times I have tried it, is horribly glitchy. The maps are (as has been said) too small, it spawns you while asking what class you want to be therefore making spawn kills increase innumerably. As for the hostiles mode, well, its alright. The enemy's strength level increases dramatically at points that are terribly infrequent. So dramatically that they go from horrible to expert in three rounds. On the whole, the game is decent for a Hand-held system, but it pales in comparison to either of the Black-Ops platformers. Unfortunately, I have to give this game a six because of the price. My advice to anyone who wants this system or game: wait until GS has it refurbished and the games are used. Expand
  86. Dec 8, 2012
    I was thinking for two weeks to decide on buying this game because of bad "professional" reviews.. Finaly I bought it second hand so I did not take too much risk. I only play multiplayer and I simply dont't fiund the issues described in the reviews of sites.. I can get in to a battle mostly for the first time I try, no waiting, no disconnect. The maps are perfectly sized for the amount of players, they are not small at all! Graphics could have been better but at least frame rate is good, not like in AC Lberation. I think that's not a perfect game but far more good than in the reviews like IGN's. It's great fun in multiplayer! Expand
  87. Dec 23, 2012
    This is everything that's right with COD. Huge multiplayer and a killer campaign. Not since COD 4 has there been such s pure, fantastic Call of Duty experience.
  88. Jul 20, 2013
    The series of Call of Duty has always been about multiplayer and co-op and Declassified is exactly the same. Call of Duty: Declassified is a fantastic display of the fact that the PS Vita can play big name games like Need for Speed and in this case Call of Duty. The game plays and feels like your usual Call of Duty games and will definably quench your thirst for some run and gun, high action multiplayer thrills.The game is a steal in the UK for only £20 (I brought mine for £35 at release) and will probably stay at that price till Killzone. I highly recommend this game and in fact can even say that i have had more fun on this game than COD: MW3! The game does contain some flaws such as: no more support, glitched killstreaks, dumb AI and few invisible walls during Hostiles mode. Expand
  89. Dec 27, 2012
    A new patch came out (late December) for this fixing all the multiplayer issues I was having with the game and ruining my experience. Now the only thing we can complain about is an fps drop in nukehouse from time to time, that and a like of killstreaks/Zombies were used to from the normal COD series. But as a handheld standalone fps it's an amazingly fun/addictive multiplayer experience. You can only chat to friends in a party so you don't have to deal with the trash talking especially as you'd have 7 other people screaming 24/7 it's a God send they don't include that feature. A shame for some of you trolls, It's a great game and i recommend picking it up (only if you want an online fps for your handheld nothing else will come close) and just think how good this could be if they put some real effort in on the whole experience.

For the single player portion of the game (definitely a 1/10) so the game deserves a 6 for it's more than acceptable multiplayer experience. If you want this game for offline do not buy this at all costs, don't even consider it go and buy the Resistance game instead!
  90. Dec 27, 2012
    Steer clear of this piece of garbage that everyone was telling me was going to be "the game" that was going to spike Vita's sales singlehandedly. Two words come to mind.. "Epic Fail."
  91. Dec 27, 2012
    This game is just horrible. The single player mode is ridiculously short, the IA sucks (I've seen enemies shoot a wall, throw grenades that kill themselves or just run in circles even though I'm there), the controls feel awkard and the missions are just boring.

Usually the on-line is the main reason to buy a CoD game is the on-line mode, but in CoD: BOD the on-line mode doesn't work,
    the game keeps kicking me out of every lobby for no reason (and it's not my connection, everything else works fine, hell, I can play the PS3 CoDs without any problem) and the only time I got to play, one of the players was invincible and could not be killed.

Those problems were supposedly fixed with an update, but after I downloaded the 400 MB patch, it still works as bad as the first day, the only difference being that the game doesn't freeze anymore after I'm kicked of a lobby.

Graphically the game is okay, textures and models are bad looking, and light effects are nothing special.

The OST couldn't be more awful, they could put no music and it wouldn't be noticeable. The sound effects are generic.

This game is not worth buying, it should be a 3$ iOS game.
  92. Dec 29, 2012
    Pros: It's COD on the Vita!
    Cons: Everything else. Glitchy, poor performer. This game is not doing FPS on the Vita any favours! The multiplayer is not fun, nor are the missions. I really wanted this to work, but it doesn't. And believe me, I persisted!
  93. Jan 3, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is one of the biggest disappointments for the Vita game library in 2012. After much deliberation due to the negative reviews online, I eventually took the plunge with low expectations
  94. Mar 10, 2013
    for a while now i have always heard that Call of duty black ops declassified is the worst vita game ever even doe i heard this i still haded to try the game so i did first i tried the campaign at first it really impressed me with the outstanding voice acting and the slow motion scenes on the vita looked great seriously i was loving the game then i noticed there are no checkpointz then i noticed the levels are short well some level are short and boring and some are ztill short but entertaining but where thiz game really forgot was that COD Action!!There was no plane flying,no driving motocycles or cars just plain shooting (sigj).but i kinda enjoyed time trial it was unique and fun.the hostile(replace for zombies)is pretty addicting but not like zombies.Multiplayer is the best thing about this game customized classez,Skill ranks,good variety of modes itz a blast.this game is a big dissapointment but it doesnt deverse 1/10,2/10 ,etc.its fun and exciting(sometimes)its a great fps for me the controls are definitley better than 3ds Expand
  95. Feb 21, 2013
    This game deserves a bit of praise because it was made in under 6 months and is a game with a fully functional Multiplayer. I did love the Multiplayer part of the game, but the Single Player and Hostiles left me wanting to puke. So this game deserves a solid 5.

I would recommend buying other better Vita games that are cheaper and better. Such as Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation or Rayman Origins.
  96. Feb 26, 2013
    El peor call of duty de la historia una campaña corta y que no aporta nada a la historia como prometían y un multijugador con mapas reciclados y lleno de lag.
  97. Sep 7, 2013
    This game is really fun.Yea the single-player isnt that great,but if you like multiplayer fps games,this game is for you.I am telling you this game is really fun.
  98. Mar 15, 2013
    The campaign is 1 hour long, has a week story, each mission is 5 minutes long, all the multiplayer maps are smaller versions of the original Black Ops (ex: Nukehouse), the hostiles mode is the same as MW3's Survival mode, Bad controls and bad AI. Its a okay game, but it has some major flaws
  99. Apr 3, 2013
    This game is awesome, a lot of people hate it simply for the fact that it isn't a blockbuster Call of Duty that were use to on the console but for a portable on the go shooter it is really great. Hostile mode will keep you busy for any long bus or train ride to or from school/work. Campaign although short it's simply more about doing the missions at your fastest time. Stop being so critical and enjoy this game for what it was meant to be a on the go fast paced first person shooter Expand
  100. Apr 4, 2013
    Im giving it a 9 I love this game on my vita! I think the reason why its getting bad rating is because people compare it to console version and I think that's dumb! This is a portable fps. So I think as a portable fps, it's very fun! I recommend this game for sure. Good job Nihilistic!
  101. Nov 20, 2012

1. Declassified feels like a disappointing DLC bundle rather than a full release. In its best moments it proves that Call of Duty could work on the console, and it has some good ideas – earning XP across single-player for multiplayer unlocks is particularly neat – but it's exceptionally hard to justify how this ended up with a $70 price tag. The very best PS Vita games have proven that, in the portable market, size can still matter. This lesson has, ironically, been ignored by gaming's biggest franchise. [January 2013, p76]
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    This'll remind you of the very worst PSone FPS games. [Issue#227, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    This game should have stayed classified or, at the very least, been redacted.