4.9

1. Jan 15, 2016
    As someone who isn't a particularly big fan of Call of Duty games made these days (except for the Black Ops games) It should've come to me as a surprise that I'm actually enjoying this game so damn much. See you look on Metacritic for truly great games, and when you see a game in a series that hasn't been great since Black Ops II, you are forced to look at other shooters on a console inAs someone who isn't a particularly big fan of Call of Duty games made these days (except for the Black Ops games) It should've come to me as a surprise that I'm actually enjoying this game so damn much. See you look on Metacritic for truly great games, and when you see a game in a series that hasn't been great since Black Ops II, you are forced to look at other shooters on a console in a similar sense. Now granted this is far from perfect I still have to give props to those involved in the making of it. It is an awesome time waster, as was Resistance Burning Skies, a game that never really caught on and now has barely anyone playing online. But BlOps Declassified manages to have a great following and I think that may very well be because of the name, but that said it is FUN! That's the only thing that needs to be said for a hand held game, but I digress. I think above all else people just don't understand the game, that in an of itself is why to most of them it failed. But to me this game is a friggin 8.5/10 all the way (but I'm putting a 10/10 there to help boost the ratings). Expand
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    The multi-player in this game is a ton of fun. i rarely touch single player on COD games so i can't comment on that part of this game. Even though it is a stripped down version of the console experience, i it is still very easy to let yourself get immersed in the action and realize you've been playing for hours. sometimes the game dumps me back to the main menu or gives an error. butThe multi-player in this game is a ton of fun. i rarely touch single player on COD games so i can't comment on that part of this game. Even though it is a stripped down version of the console experience, i it is still very easy to let yourself get immersed in the action and realize you've been playing for hours. sometimes the game dumps me back to the main menu or gives an error. but this was more common the first day or two i owned it. the past few days have been fine. the controls are fine with everything but grenades i find. if you hold the grenade with your right hand thumb, you cannot turn your character which can sometimes be necessary. you either have the drag your thumb back to the grenade icon to cancel the throw, or just toss it away. aiming, firing, turning are all fine.

I never have a problem finding a multiplayer match, regardless of what time of the day or evening it is.

the only time i feel that a map is cramped is when its more than 2v2 in nuketown. even still, it is still fun - just more hectic, and not very far off, scale wise, from a particular map in one of the modern warfare maps that i cannot think of the name off off hand. The rest of the maps more than big enough for 4v4. I have not experienced any other glitches with graphics or anything else.

i would not buy the ps vita for this game alone. but i would recommend buying a vita for everything the system has to offer which is a great gaming device with a beautiful screen, that has a collection of games including this one that you will spend a lot of time enjoying.

pros:
    -great multiplayer experience in the palm of your hand
    -slimmed down version of the console games

cons:
    -price is higher than most vita games
    -some flaws experienced early on with dumping me back to the main menu during multi-player, but those have not happened recently.

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 28, 2013
    Declassified feels like a disappointing DLC bundle rather than a full release. In its best moments it proves that Call of Duty could work on the console, and it has some good ideas – earning XP across single-player for multiplayer unlocks is particularly neat – but it's exceptionally hard to justify how this ended up with a $70 price tag. The very best PS Vita games have proven that, in the portable market, size can still matter. This lesson has, ironically, been ignored by gaming's biggest franchise. [January 2013, p76]
  2. Play UK
    Jan 23, 2013
    This'll remind you of the very worst PSone FPS games. [Issue#227, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    This game should have stayed classified or, at the very least, been redacted.