4.8

1. Nov 15, 2012
    Campaign is short but gives you a standard shooting experience. Enemy AI is my biggest complaint from the campaign as it can be like shooting targets that either stand and wait or just pop in and out of cover. Hostile mode is fun mindless shooting experience, definitely good practice for the multiplayer...which I bought the game for. Maps are small even for 4v4. They look okay but notCampaign is short but gives you a standard shooting experience. Enemy AI is my biggest complaint from the campaign as it can be like shooting targets that either stand and wait or just pop in and out of cover. Hostile mode is fun mindless shooting experience, definitely good practice for the multiplayer...which I bought the game for. Maps are small even for 4v4. They look okay but not up to the Vita's power. The main problem comes when trying to get into a match. You get into a lobby, things look like they are going good, about to start...main menu. This can go on and on for a while before actually getting into a match and even sometimes while in a match, you'll get booted from that. I give a six because, if there was seamless starting of matches, I would actually enjoy this game because it is a mini COD for the Vita. Expand
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    I just don't understand why professional reviewers are giving this game such low marks. The characters play smoothly, shooting is great (with some aim assist), the multiplayer is the usual cod experience, with minor differences. The graphics are not as good as in Uncharted, but they're nice - much better than Resistance: Burning Skies, for example, which deserved all the bad marks itI just don't understand why professional reviewers are giving this game such low marks. The characters play smoothly, shooting is great (with some aim assist), the multiplayer is the usual cod experience, with minor differences. The graphics are not as good as in Uncharted, but they're nice - much better than Resistance: Burning Skies, for example, which deserved all the bad marks it received. I'm glad I didn't pay too much attention to reviewers with this game. I'm giving it a 9 to compensate for the really bad reviews it had; I think the correct grade would be 8, actually. I think most people will enjoy this game. Expand
  3. Nov 14, 2012
    People need to stop inflating the score for this game.

I get it, you are trying to justify the purchase of your new handheld and want to see it, and Sony, succeed. You don't do that by lying to the consumer, trying to get them to buy the system and a lackluster game simply to support Sony. The truth is, the system is just too expensive at the moment, with a games catalogue too
    People need to stop inflating the score for this game.

The truth is, the system is just too expensive at the moment, with a games catalogue too insignificant to justify grabbing one at this time. For the game itself, it is CoD. The gameplay, for the most part is there. However, with this release, almost anything meaty that the series has to offer has been stripped away. The singleplayer content is astonishingly brief, the multiplayer is stripped down with small maps and a reduced player count, and the visuals themselves are simply par for the course, as far as the system goes.

It is not a game worth owning. Not at full price, anyway. If you are a die-hard CoD fan, it might be worth your while. For everyone else, wait on this, and certainly don't buy the system for it. It's a sub-par game, nothing more.
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    No wonder nihlistic made resistance burning skies so poorly. It was because they had to spend time working on this. This game passed my poor expectations and this game has awesome graphics for a handheld COD game, a good Unit 13-like story, great frame-rate, and good multiplayer, but it's only 4 vs 4. The adaptation to that was good by making smaller maps. Overall, the first good COD gameNo wonder nihlistic made resistance burning skies so poorly. It was because they had to spend time working on this. This game passed my poor expectations and this game has awesome graphics for a handheld COD game, a good Unit 13-like story, great frame-rate, and good multiplayer, but it's only 4 vs 4. The adaptation to that was good by making smaller maps. Overall, the first good COD game i've played in a long time. Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    My thoughts with about an hour of play as nobody else has reviewed yet: This game will sell Vitas. I've just hit level 3 on both mission and multi, and this is loads of fun. Perks, streaks etc is all there, fast network with very little lag on WiFi, its exactly what you think it could/hoped it would be. Sure its smaller maps, and watered down graphically from ps3, but this is a handheldMy thoughts with about an hour of play as nobody else has reviewed yet: This game will sell Vitas. I've just hit level 3 on both mission and multi, and this is loads of fun. Perks, streaks etc is all there, fast network with very little lag on WiFi, its exactly what you think it could/hoped it would be. Sure its smaller maps, and watered down graphically from ps3, but this is a handheld unit, and I think too many already draw that comparison with all console game conversions. It feels slick to play, and my first impressions are all very positive. Campaign obviously isn't going to be as immersive as a console, but again I think they've done the franchise proud in representing the king of fps on a handheld. Must buy game IMO. Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow, well my first thought is I'm relieved and pleasantly surprised...the trailer they previously released did not do what the finish product has done: Impress. This is a true Call of Duty for a handheld for the first time ever. It feels like the console versions with Perks, Killstreaks, lots of weapons and customizations; only more compact and tighter. So far I've barely touched theWow, well my first thought is I'm relieved and pleasantly surprised...the trailer they previously released did not do what the finish product has done: Impress. This is a true Call of Duty for a handheld for the first time ever. It feels like the console versions with Perks, Killstreaks, lots of weapons and customizations; only more compact and tighter. So far I've barely touched the campaign, I've played hostiles somewhat, and I've been rocking multiplayer A LOT (which matters the most, right?), and I'm thoroughly impressed. After playing Nihilistic's last effort Resistance: Burning Skies and trying really hard to like it, it just felt half-assed and unfinished. This doesn't feel that way (maybe R:BS was half-assed because they were working on this?), it feels much more polished, the movements, animations feel very much like a console COD. For any FPS fan and Vita owner I consider this a must buy. By the way, I don't play COD on consoles, hate them (I'm a BF3 player), but for the Vita it feels great. Good job, Nihilistic! Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2012
    I like many vita owners was worried when, I saw those first few clips of cod vita, I was upset, and gave up hope before the game even had any proper gameplay footage!, Also terrible websites like ign, was putting me off with their terrible reviews.. I've learnt go to lots of web sites not just one, because one person suger is another persons salt!, its an opinion ask for more.

also the

also the devs who made this game also made rburning sky.. which was..turd!

however, they have redeemed them selves, in making a brilliant shooter, im so happy after doing homework watching a few clips on youtube!.. yes youtube, the game had me interested!, so I took the risk, and so happy I did

the ingame gameplay, isn't like the black ops 2 to for console which I also own, and loving, but its more bite sized, but great fun, very addictive!, every thing else is the same fast paces addictive, and best looking shooter on handheld ever it looks like black ops 1 on console, brilliant!

multiplayer is where this game is at, and dont be fooled just because its 4 v 4 don't think you wont be in a gun fight, it has the feel of a console multiplayer you will love it!, controls are great only after 3 or 4 goes it became natural!

I now feel bad about the things i wrote on forums about the game, this is cod at its best! buy it!!!

A bit of advice to who ever does advertising for vita, more gameplay less bs adverts, people on youtube did all the hard work, and help me buy this game!

BUY IT... I also bought need for speed another must have for vita owners, I think the vita will be fine, after a year of uncertainty I now know its capable of bringing great games like the console big brothers!.

BUY IT NOW.
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    Surprised by the quality after all the doom and gloom!
    It's excellent hope it helps sell some vitas!! Looks better graphically than the old trailers which nearly killed this game

Thanks god it's good!!!
  9. Nov 13, 2012
    I've picked this game today along with the Black ops 2 itself for pc, I do not want to compare this game to Black Ops 2 since its simply a sequel to Black Ops I. Well No one ever forced sony to give this franchise to Nihilistic ! sony could buy themselves a huge score with these games....unfortunately that is only a dream. Its shame to see the single player is completed over 3-4 hours onI've picked this game today along with the Black ops 2 itself for pc, I do not want to compare this game to Black Ops 2 since its simply a sequel to Black Ops I. Well No one ever forced sony to give this franchise to Nihilistic ! sony could buy themselves a huge score with these games....unfortunately that is only a dream. Its shame to see the single player is completed over 3-4 hours on veteran diffuclty, there is not much a story there as well....the gameplay is only limited only walking toward different alleys where the design of all of em looks quiet similar and just like resistance very dead and killing some enemies which are positioned behinde the boxed around ...
    Multiplayer experience is much better than it was on resistance although it has nth to be compared with black ops 1 itself....
    graphics are as bad as they were in Resistance, just the frame rate is more stable .... in generall its not in a same level with Uncharted, AC, NFS at all....
    well dun waste money for this game since there are much more better choices such as NFS and perhaps AC and of corz awesome choices like Zero Escape, Persona 4, LBP
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    So surprised by this game. I've just finished AC3:Liberation and Ragnarok Odyssey so decided to pick this up despite the absolute lack of trailers, screenshots, etc. Previews from several gaming sites like IGN weren't too hot either. However, after booting it up and spending some time on multiplayer, I have to give it a 10. It's practically, a downsized, compacted version of the homeSo surprised by this game. I've just finished AC3:Liberation and Ragnarok Odyssey so decided to pick this up despite the absolute lack of trailers, screenshots, etc. Previews from several gaming sites like IGN weren't too hot either. However, after booting it up and spending some time on multiplayer, I have to give it a 10. It's practically, a downsized, compacted version of the home console multiplayer. 4V4 only but combined with the small maps, it makes for frantic, fun gameplay. It's also pretty much lag and bug free.A good analogy for this would be that Black Ops liberation compared to Black Ops 2 is like the Ipad mini vs the Ipad 4th gen, its smaller, less graphically impressive, yet holds all the joy of the larger version in a smaller package you can bring anywhere you want. Extremely impressed and very pleasantly surprised by Nihilistic. Great job!!! Expand
  11. Dop
    Nov 13, 2012
    Ok i cant believe that i pay 50$ for this crap, all the 10 must be , nihilistic crew or the first wave of COD fanboys, maps are small, AI is stupid, and the single campaign is a joke. if u want to waste 50$ then throw it on the street u are going to feel a lot better.
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow this game is actually good. took about 7 hours to complete. fun, addictive like the console version. as of now this is the Vita game to own(beside liberation and uncharted) If you love long hours online than get this game. Single player? Like all COD games you'll put that to rest after one try. grab this game now, now!!!
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm very disappointed with this game. All over scripted rail shooter. This fps has one of the stupidest stories I have ever come across in a game,the characters are boring. The graphics are mediocore at best and bad at worst. This game is very short also,you can complete it in about 5 hours,definataly not worth your time and money.Horrible map design, horrible game design in general. TheI'm very disappointed with this game. All over scripted rail shooter. This fps has one of the stupidest stories I have ever come across in a game,the characters are boring. The graphics are mediocore at best and bad at worst. This game is very short also,you can complete it in about 5 hours,definataly not worth your time and money.Horrible map design, horrible game design in general. The MP is quite entertaining though... 5,5 Expand
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    I regret that I bought this game. It is so horrible. Play just not interested. The levels are boring and monotonous, as weapons. AI is awful and nothing can take, so bad. Multiplayer is boring and dull, but the schedule is awful as the levels from the artistic point of view.
  15. Dec 16, 2012
    Declassified is giving Vita a bad name for a good old fashioned Game of the Year candidate. I don't really care about Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified anymore. The critics are absolutely right, I even watch the review on the now-cancelled X-Play. This game is a complete disaster. AI is terrible, a campaign that deserves the right to be punished, and bad timing of the game makes youDeclassified is giving Vita a bad name for a good old fashioned Game of the Year candidate. I don't really care about Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified anymore. The critics are absolutely right, I even watch the review on the now-cancelled X-Play. This game is a complete disaster. AI is terrible, a campaign that deserves the right to be punished, and bad timing of the game makes you wanna play the game for less than 10 hours a week. I urge every Call of Duty fan to avoid this portable dump and get back to action while playing... I don't know. Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops II? It's your call. Expand
  16. Dec 27, 2012
    This game is just horrible. The single player mode is ridiculously short, the IA sucks (I've seen enemies shoot a wall, throw grenades that kill themselves or just run in circles even though I'm there), the controls feel awkard and the missions are just boring.

Usually the on-line is the main reason to buy a CoD game is the on-line mode, but in CoD: BOD the on-line mode doesn't work, the game keeps kicking me out of every lobby for no reason (and it's not my connection, everything else works fine, hell, I can play the PS3 CoDs without any problem) and the only time I got to play, one of the players was invincible and could not be killed.

Those problems were supposedly fixed with an update, but after I downloaded the 400 MB patch, it still works as bad as the first day, the only difference being that the game doesn't freeze anymore after I'm kicked of a lobby.

Graphically the game is okay, textures and models are bad looking, and light effects are nothing special.

The OST couldn't be more awful, they could put no music and it wouldn't be noticeable. The sound effects are generic.

This game is not worth buying, it should be a 3$ iOS game.
  17. Jul 1, 2013
    When they ported Black Ops, they could have at least kept in everything that made black ops great, not strip it down to the bone and remove any substance of greatness that it had. Zombies, gone, SP, Short and unsatisfying and for the MP, wow, hardly any maps, half the guns, 8 players, hard to find a game and last but not least, it looks horrible. It's already been proven that the PS-VitaWhen they ported Black Ops, they could have at least kept in everything that made black ops great, not strip it down to the bone and remove any substance of greatness that it had. Zombies, gone, SP, Short and unsatisfying and for the MP, wow, hardly any maps, half the guns, 8 players, hard to find a game and last but not least, it looks horrible. It's already been proven that the PS-Vita has enough power to make a game look beautiful, Uncharted was near identical to it's console counterpart. The only explanation is that the team that made the port were just terrible at coding and had about the same thinking power as a pea.

Plus why do portable counterparts always have to be stripped down?, especially condiering that there is nothing about the PS-Vita that makes it a weak platform, it has more than enough power and more than enough memory on it's game cards to support the full version of Black Ops, if the Wii can, the Vita can, this is lazy developers looking for a quick buck at it's best.

Didn't Rockstar prove with GTA LCS and VCS that a portable game doesn't have to be a featureless port? They rebuilt the entire world of Liberty City and built an entire new backstory around it, with a lengthy campaign and tons extra to do, with the things that made the console games great.

Call Of Duty Black Ops: Declassified, Does not include anything that made the console version great.
  18. Jan 28, 2013
    It's definitely a Call of Duty. It looks and plays like one. The singleplayer modes are fun enough. The multiplayer is kind of Black Ops Lite. The main problem I've encountered with it is that it's so buggy online. You'll get dropped from games constantly, you'll have trouble even connecting to a game, or you'll be the only person on one team, versus all four people from their team.It's definitely a Call of Duty. It looks and plays like one. The singleplayer modes are fun enough. The multiplayer is kind of Black Ops Lite. The main problem I've encountered with it is that it's so buggy online. You'll get dropped from games constantly, you'll have trouble even connecting to a game, or you'll be the only person on one team, versus all four people from their team. Worst of all, I doubt Nihilistic will fix any of this, seeing as how they no longer exist. It's a surprisingly good game, but a really disappointing multiplayer experience. Expand
  19. Jul 13, 2013
    i just don't understand how Activision could fund such a disasters. Bugs and everywhere. players getting stuck on a door, a respawn point puts you behind enemy lines. controls don't feel good just yuck
  20. Feb 26, 2013
    El peor call of duty de la historia una campaña corta y que no aporta nada a la historia como prometían y un multijugador con mapas reciclados y lleno de lag.
  21. Jun 26, 2013
    Avoid this game, it is a broken pile of crap from Nihilistic. Animations, visuals, environments, and the bugs bring this game down. Not to mention the unstable servers. If you want a portable quality shooter experience, pre-order or go by Killzone: Mercenary when it comes out.
  22. Mar 30, 2014
    Я могу сказать одно. Кампания, это не для шутеров. Игру спасает отличный мультиплеер. Если вам нужен именно он, тогда берите КоД.
  23. Nov 17, 2012
    The multi-player in this game is a ton of fun. i rarely touch single player on COD games so i can't comment on that part of this game. Even though it is a stripped down version of the console experience, i it is still very easy to let yourself get immersed in the action and realize you've been playing for hours. sometimes the game dumps me back to the main menu or gives an error. butThe multi-player in this game is a ton of fun. i rarely touch single player on COD games so i can't comment on that part of this game. Even though it is a stripped down version of the console experience, i it is still very easy to let yourself get immersed in the action and realize you've been playing for hours. sometimes the game dumps me back to the main menu or gives an error. but this was more common the first day or two i owned it. the past few days have been fine. the controls are fine with everything but grenades i find. if you hold the grenade with your right hand thumb, you cannot turn your character which can sometimes be necessary. you either have the drag your thumb back to the grenade icon to cancel the throw, or just toss it away. aiming, firing, turning are all fine.

I never have a problem finding a multiplayer match, regardless of what time of the day or evening it is.

the only time i feel that a map is cramped is when its more than 2v2 in nuketown. even still, it is still fun - just more hectic, and not very far off, scale wise, from a particular map in one of the modern warfare maps that i cannot think of the name off off hand. The rest of the maps more than big enough for 4v4. I have not experienced any other glitches with graphics or anything else.

i would not buy the ps vita for this game alone. but i would recommend buying a vita for everything the system has to offer which is a great gaming device with a beautiful screen, that has a collection of games including this one that you will spend a lot of time enjoying.

pros:
    -great multiplayer experience in the palm of your hand
    -slimmed down version of the console games

cons:
    -price is higher than most vita games
    -some flaws experienced early on with dumping me back to the main menu during multi-player, but those have not happened recently.
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    I feel like expectations are different for different people on this game. I was expecting a game where I could play a short mission on the go, as well as get a multiplayer experience similar to the console versions. I got exactly what I was expecting! Graphics are good, but not mind blowing. I think smooth gameplay is more important and the game plays extremely smooth. Controls are greatI feel like expectations are different for different people on this game. I was expecting a game where I could play a short mission on the go, as well as get a multiplayer experience similar to the console versions. I got exactly what I was expecting! Graphics are good, but not mind blowing. I think smooth gameplay is more important and the game plays extremely smooth. Controls are great after adjusting sensitivity. Multiplayer is very fun! Small maps means less camping, which makes this the go to CoD multiplayer of choice for me. Yes the campaign levels are short but they are meant to be replayed on different difficulties. I think the AI is not as smart as it could be but works well enough. Overall 7, since the game is fun, with some things that could improve for a later version. Please be open minded about the mixed reviews here. Low ratings seem to be the people that sit home playing their vita like its a game console. Portable games are not meant to have 30 minute campaign levels! This game was made with the idea that you will play your portable system in places other than your couch with black ops 2 sitting in your home console. Expand
  25. Nov 15, 2012
    A truly awful set of micro missions masquerading as a single-player campaign is balanced, in part, by an entertaining challenge mode and a solid multi-player offering. There is certainly fun to be had in the online mode, but whether that's worth the full price of admission is debatable. Read my full review at ukvitablog.co.uk
  26. Nov 28, 2012
    I don't actually say i dislike this game but . . . it's was a deception, i like CoD but this one just made me want more, this game could have way better also it should have used the vita system better. My conclusion is that the story sucks . . . and multiplayer bug and crash a lot so i just enjoyed the hostile mode, good try but don't deserves a good critic.
  27. Dec 29, 2012
    Pros: It's COD on the Vita!
    Cons: Everything else. Glitchy, poor performer. This game is not doing FPS on the Vita any favours! The multiplayer is not fun, nor are the missions. I really wanted this to work, but it doesn't. And believe me, I persisted!
  28. Mar 15, 2013
    The campaign is 1 hour long, has a week story, each mission is 5 minutes long, all the multiplayer maps are smaller versions of the original Black Ops (ex: Nukehouse), the hostiles mode is the same as MW3's Survival mode, Bad controls and bad AI. Its a okay game, but it has some major flaws
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    I'll just start off by saying that the biggest problem with this game, is that there is simply not enough content, especially if you are not interested in replaying the same missions over again to beat it on the highest difficulty and beat your friends. There are ten single player missions, each of which can roughly be completed in about 4-5 minutes, so if you do the math, thats rightI'll just start off by saying that the biggest problem with this game, is that there is simply not enough content, especially if you are not interested in replaying the same missions over again to beat it on the highest difficulty and beat your friends. There are ten single player missions, each of which can roughly be completed in about 4-5 minutes, so if you do the math, thats right timmy, the game can be beat in under an hour. However, the game is refreshingly challenging, so in reality, especially if you play it on higher difficulties, you could easily double your time with the single player operations mode, but then again, that's still only two hours. Thankfully though, the single player doesn't stop there. There are time trials to complete with cardboard targets too shoot, which was a lot of fun, and hostiles mode, which is effectively a somewhat stripped down version of the MW3 survival mode. I am a huge fan of survival modes so I got a big kick out of hostiles, especially since it was also quite challenging. I would have liked to see some more weapon customization and more strategizing between waves (between each wave all you can do is pick up a dropped care package) but still, fans of survival based gameplay should enjoy it, however, keep in mind that hostiles is not cooperative, which is a downside. Ofcourse, single player is only half of the game, or if you have the attitude of the majority of COD players, 10% of the game. Multiplayer in BOD is surprisingly well fleshed out, and although it does have some omissions, (killcams, no in game voice chat, no weapon camo) it does a fantastic job of translating and replicating the intense fast paced combat of its console brothers with killstreaks, tons of gun customizations, perks, custom loadouts and the like. Just like COD on consoles, its far too easy to get sucked in to the multiplayer and refuse to put the game down. But, unfortunatley, there are some key problems that detract from the multiplayer, and one of these issues is common to the problems I had with singleplayer: lack of content. There are only six maps, and most of them are very tiny and somewhat cramped. Nukehouse is basically nuketown cut in half, which gets really crazy really fast, which you will either love or hate. Personally, I would have preffered if they had just left nuketown untouched. Ultimately, it makes sense that the maps in this game are so small, since the game has a limit of 8 players, and the smaller maps do do a pretty adequate job of hiding this fact, but its brings spawning and other issues to the forefront. Even though one of the maps is a nearly exact replica of COD4's shipment (awesome!) I would have preffered more maps with a larger variety of game modes. Multiplayer also only has four game modes (team DM, kill confirmed, free for all, and a mode called drop zone) much fewer weapons, very few perks, some of which aren't even that useful, and a small amount of kill streaks that are somewhat unbalanced. The 10 kill streak attack chopper can be shot down with 1 quick shot of a rocket launcher, which makes the final and most difficult killstreak to achieve not very rewarding. However the most annoying problem with the multiplayer is the gliches and connection problems. Very frequently I would wait to load a match only to have it instantly revert back to the main menu, a few times I was abruptly disconnected from a match with no notice or pop up that said why this happened. I will say however that when connecting to a match did work, it was very quick. Glitches were also unfortunatley common. Expect to see attack choppers and spy planes stuck in the ground, among other things. All in all though, the multiplayer can be a blast if your able to work around some of the issues I have discussed. If there one thing I cant say about BOD, its that it plays poorly. This is the exact gameplay you know and love wonderfully translated to the vita. The framerate is generally very smooth, and the controls work extremely well. These are bar none the best controls I have ever experienced for a handheld shooter, even if throwing grenades can be a little cumbersome at times. Graphics are also surprisingly decent, there are some uglies at time but looks good on the whole. Sound is also good.

Even with all the problems I have discussed, this game still gets a 7 because this game plays nearly as good on the vita as it does on consoles, which is a huge feat. When your zipping around the multiplayer maps shooting up your enemies with all the speed and precision you'd expect from a COD title, or pushing through hostiles to show your friends whose boss, its easy to forget the numerous shortcomings of this game. This game has the potential to be great, but unfortunatley Activision gave Nihilistic the shaft with a low budget, no advertising and a ridiculously short development period. BOD declassified is better than it could've been, but not as good as it should've been.
  30. Nov 15, 2012
    I have the game and its the first time I have bought and enjoyed a game that has received such horrible scores. Seriously, 1,2,3 out of 10 suggests that the game is actually broken (bubsy 3d). At worst this game deserves 5/10 but even that is if youre silly enough to expect a 360 cod on vita. I think reviewers are mad they had to pay for a game and others clearly do not have/have notI have the game and its the first time I have bought and enjoyed a game that has received such horrible scores. Seriously, 1,2,3 out of 10 suggests that the game is actually broken (bubsy 3d). At worst this game deserves 5/10 but even that is if youre silly enough to expect a 360 cod on vita. I think reviewers are mad they had to pay for a game and others clearly do not have/have not played the game and its a case of chinese whispers. If this exact game was on 3DS it would have been sang to high heaven! The single player missions may take 50 minutes on easy but I dont recall anyone slating star fox 3d or mario kart where you can see all levels and beat them in an hour (with only harder difficulty to come back for) and the online in those games is no way near as robust as this! Anyway, the graphics are good, the frame rate is rock solid, the controls are good, the sound is good. The missions are fun and OTT as you'd expect - both operations and time trials - which will take hours to beat on 3 star difficulty.

Hostiles (aka zombies with living enemies) has 11 maps and again to 3 star each will take hours and is very challenging

Finally the online games connect quick with no lag! I play free for all so am used to 8 players in a game. I have played team deathmatch and its never a case of running around the map just looking for opponents! Small maps = this is not a game for campers or snipers and forcing running and gunning. This, for me, makes the online here more enjoyable than far superior console shooters like battlefield or cod. I would say at the least play the game for yourself.
  31. Nov 14, 2012
    Honestly, it's about what I expected a Call of Duty game on the Vita to be. It's nothing amazing, but it's not horrible either. The controls are very rough and take a long time to get used to. The story is disjointed and takes place across small bite sized missions which last about 5-10 minutes each (maybe 10-12 in total, forgot to count) and the visuals are muddy at best. But, at theHonestly, it's about what I expected a Call of Duty game on the Vita to be. It's nothing amazing, but it's not horrible either. The controls are very rough and take a long time to get used to. The story is disjointed and takes place across small bite sized missions which last about 5-10 minutes each (maybe 10-12 in total, forgot to count) and the visuals are muddy at best. But, at the end of the day, it's a Call of Duty game on the Vita and if you are a big fan, you'll look past a lot to have that. This should only be for the hardest of the hardcore CoD fans as the online is troublesome to find games, but the games are decent fun on the go. Expand
  32. Nov 15, 2012
    Many of you may be enjoying this game for what it is, but the reality is, it's a shadow of what it could and should have been. It was stunted by a short deadline and a poor developer, but that's fixable.
    Now I'm not sure in nStigate is still responsible for the patches or if Activision has fully taken over, but here are some of the things I believe could revive the name of portable CoD and maybe even sell more Vitas. ADD AIM ACCELLERATION. One of the staples of the CoD experience is the aim accleration. This helps fine aiming and allows for quick movement at the same time. BOD does not have this, turning is done at a fixed rate of speed. The introduction of aim acceleration like its console brothers would really enhance the experience. SHORTEN GRENADE FUSES AND THROW ANIMATION TIMES. They are way too slow. It's very important to be able to chuck out a flash as you retreat, and if my character is stuck fumbling with the pin and trying to remember how to throw, I can't use flashes to their full capability. Also, grenade timers are too long. Match grenade timers and throw times with the console versions. FIX AUTO-SPRINT This is a broken feature, whoever designed it should be shot. It never works for more than a consecutive second or two without glitching in and out of sprint, and if I turn it off, I can no longer sprint. Bring back Resistance's feature of double-tapping the rear touchpad. That was perfect. MAKE HOSTILES MODE MULTIPLAYER. Good Lord, what were you thinking? Taking out Zombies and then making the survival mode you replaced it with single player? Please, please fix this.
    INCREASE AI DIFFICULTY BY 100 IQ POINTS. They see through walls, but don't seem to care that there is a wall there as they shoot at it, and throw grenades at it. AI needs a complete redo, TBH. MORE MAPS. I will gladly pay for them. But please, make them a little bigger. Spwaning in front of the enemy is no fun. ADD S&D, Domination, and Headquarters. These are staples of the CoD experience. Please put them back in. Also, Sony, you need to fix the input lag times for the analog sticks. It's very noticeable, especially in FPS games.
  33. Nov 15, 2012
    the best way to review this game for me is to describe you my experience with it and it went thus.

I visited my cousin and he has the game so I asked him to lend it to me while I'm there, so I started playing the single player like I always do and after an hour or so, done, story over, you've finished the game... Then when the shock had passed and I started to believe than a developer had the balls to charge 45 dollars for a game than I can finish quicker than a pie I went to the multiplayer in hopes that I would get something worth of the game, then I gave it back to my cousin telling him "boy I hope you're renting this". let's be honest not even the multiplayer justifies this sad excuse for even a Spunkgargleweewee. save yourself the money a get a PS Plus account
  34. Nov 17, 2012
    im really desapointed about this game, the campaing is ridiculous short, dont buy this game just for the name or because you are looking for a fps in vita, its not a right choice....
  35. Nov 14, 2012
    So they can port Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Ratchet & Clank, Playstation All Stars, Persona 4. Make decent games such as AC:Liberation and LBP... SO WHY ON EARTH DID THEY NOT PORT THE MULTI STRAIGHT TO THE VITA AND HAVE CROSS PLAY! Avoid this game like the plague.
  36. Nov 16, 2012
    This game is tough to review because it depends so much on what each individual was expecting because of the COD name. If you wanted a great single player campaign then look elsewhere. The campaign here is divided up into about 15 short missions exactly like Unit 13. AI is sub-par and there is no story to grab onto anywhere. It is simply a dud.
    If you are looking for a COD multiplayer
    If you are looking for a COD multiplayer experience then for the most part I would have to say it is here. It has all the familiar elements of COD such as killstreaks and custom classes. The online games are 4 vs. 4 but don't let that fool you, they actually seem perfect due to the scaled down map sizes. The controls are smooth(after a little sensitivity tweaking in options) and after a little time the touch screen grenades actually aren't all that bad. The graphics are much better than we were shown in the trailers too. All in all, this game perfectly fills a void in my vita collection but it may not for everyone. I would buy this game again.
  37. Nov 16, 2012
    Ok so this game dissappointed me very much. I was expecting a way better job from the franchise. There are too many glitches and bugs. The game causes my vita to crash at all times. Sometimes im stuck on a frozen screen, sometimes im playing multiplayer and out of no where i get booted back to the menu screen. The story mode or campaign is extremely short and easy. Overall i think theyOk so this game dissappointed me very much. I was expecting a way better job from the franchise. There are too many glitches and bugs. The game causes my vita to crash at all times. Sometimes im stuck on a frozen screen, sometimes im playing multiplayer and out of no where i get booted back to the menu screen. The story mode or campaign is extremely short and easy. Overall i think they have alot of work to do. I have seriously considered getting rid of my vita. I was one of the first to get my vita and i have been waiting since for call of duty. I am very upset at the lack of effort put into this game. Not worth getting as a christmas gift at all. Expand
  38. Nov 15, 2012
    Wow this is bad. After playing Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360, I thought it couldn't get any worse. But then I played this. The campaign is very short and on rails. Definitely not worth even close to $50.
  39. Nov 13, 2012
    I'll preface this by saying that I have barely played the game, just picked it up while grabbing coffee this morning and snuck in the tutorial and first singleplayer OP. Thus far, it does feel much more like a CoD game than Burning Skies felt like a Resistance game...
    However, it seems like some of the sound effects are indeed lifted directly from that other Nihilistic title. I'm not playing with headphones on currently, but yeah, gunfire sounds similarly lackluster. However, the visuals and the feel of the game are right in line with your average CoD experience on a console. Big dumb Michael Bay style action movie sequences, breaching doors and taking people out in slow-mo, plenty of explosions.
    The enemy AI is a little retarded, just like in Burning Skies. They just suddenly spawn on the map once you get to certain points. And sometimes they just immediately know where you are and start taking potshots at you.
    Overall the singleplayer "campaign" appears to be more fun than Burning Skies was. Will chime in with more comments when I've had some time to play with headphones for full sound immersion, but this game isn't as terrible as we feared. Still not sure the price was warranted...
    But for perspective, let's take a look at a screenshot from the NDS version of Black Ops I. Going to go out on a limb and say that Declassified is the best handheld CoD ever.
    I'd love to post some screenshots of my playthrough, but apparently screenshots are disabled in Declassified. Which is annoying... like they did not want people with press copies posting their own screens??
  40. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Black Ops Declassified is truly one of the most disappointing games I've bought in a while. While the graphics, guns and framerate are good, everything else is just awful. The single player campaign consists of 10 missions that last 5-10 minutes each, and there really isn't a story. The cutscenes are just pieces of declassified papers flying around with someone talking. You play as woods and Mason, but they aren't in any rendered cutscenes, because there are none. So the single player campaign is very linear, one dimensional and truly feels like a watered down port of black ops 1. Another problem I have is that the maps are very bland and boring. They all have an urban feel to them, there's no natural levels to be found. Also nuketown comes back as a map, but its been cut in half for some reason. Then there's hostiles mode, a mode where you face off against waves of soldiers similar to MW3. It was honestly the only mode I enjoyed. Then there's multiplayer, the problem isn't 4v4, the problem is the layout. I don't know why but all the times I've played online there were less than 8 people. It also takes awhile to load and you get dropped alot. Also nukehouse is very laggy online. The multiplayer is really disappointing for me. As for the game as a whole it just feels limited compared to black ops 2, even black open 1. The graphics are good but there are alot of jagged edges indicating that the game is not running at native resolution and is intact upscaled(seriously, why are all vital games upscaled?).

Overall this game was a huge disappointment. Obviously its not good if you can't even find reveiws on it. You can trust mine because I have the game and just finished it. The thing that bugged me the most was the price. This game is 49.99$ both retail and in the PlayStation Store. Why? 50$ for the retail version is a ripoff, but the digital version costs the same? For 10$ more you can get black ops 2 which is better in every single way. But this game was just a huge waste of money and makes me want to sell my vital, it's that bad. Heck, I enjoyed modern combat 2 on my android phone more than this game. Its just a very big letdown and you should just stick to consoles because its cheap, greedy stunts like this that really hurts the vital. In fact I don't think Sony cares for it, they release NOTHING for it. The latest vita app was the YouTube one they released 5 months ago. Overall do not get this game, if the price ever drops to 20$ then it would be worthwhile to me.
  41. Nov 17, 2012
    Bought the Limited Bundle edition hoping they'd be some sort of unique design to the iteration, like a call of duty logo on the back. It was my first PS Vita so I dropped my money in with the mentality that I was just buying the PS vita on sale and it just so happened to come with the COD game so if it sucked, I wouldn't be at a lost.

I have to say the game is just the worst game I have

I have to say the game is just the worst game I have experienced in such a long time. In fact, Modern Warfare on the iOS tablets have more subsistence than this game.

People that are justifying the sloppy single player and the worst AI by saying its a MP centric game is clearly in delusion. To say not to expect a console counterpart on a handheld doesn't excuse the national tragedy Nhilistic has brought upon the COD Franchise. They guy that said he took 7 hours to complete.. has to be one of the worst player ever because this game takes around 30minutes to defeat in any difficulty.. I've never seen a game finish that fast, even on a phone .99$ game.
  42. Nov 15, 2012
    I've long since lost love with the Call of Duty franchise, but even by my own checked expectations this is absolutely diabolical. It's an absolute unflattering slap to the face of anyone who purchased the Vita in confidence of developer's taking it seriously. Nihilistic have appropriately closed their doors and sworn off ever developing for retail again, as they should. This is an absoluteI've long since lost love with the Call of Duty franchise, but even by my own checked expectations this is absolutely diabolical. It's an absolute unflattering slap to the face of anyone who purchased the Vita in confidence of developer's taking it seriously. Nihilistic have appropriately closed their doors and sworn off ever developing for retail again, as they should. This is an absolute joke, the Vita is more than capable of delivering something worth standing alongside the rest of the franchise and deserved much better than this pathetic effort. Looks dates, feels dated and the absolute absence of character or identity makes Declassified feel like one of those pointless mobile download games. Nothing but a name and a couple of, barely, recognisable pixel collections. I seriously can't believe this piece of **** managed to slip on to the market. How didn't ANYONE at Nihilistic realise - oh forget it. Just avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid! Expand
  43. Nov 15, 2012
    No suprise..To me it just seems a bit rushed this game, and it does not look interesting overall. And since the devs is the same as Resistance Burning **** lol

Anyway,This game is just another overhyped COD title, sad see gamers hyped this type game in this days...
  44. Nov 15, 2012
    This game was sentenced to die. Sony and Activision gave the game to Nihilistic Software, who was already working on Resistance Burning Skies. Both games suffered from this decision, because neither game had enough development time to make them anything better than mediocre. Most of the positive reviews are people trying to justify their purchase. Not worth your time or money. Do notThis game was sentenced to die. Sony and Activision gave the game to Nihilistic Software, who was already working on Resistance Burning Skies. Both games suffered from this decision, because neither game had enough development time to make them anything better than mediocre. Most of the positive reviews are people trying to justify their purchase. Not worth your time or money. Do not support this game otherwise more crappy games will come. Vote with your wallet. Expand
  45. Nov 14, 2012
    Even if you like the run and gun playstyle of Call of Duty this game will leave you wanting your $50 back. The controls are not very good since they use the rear touch and touchscreen for actions like trowing grenades . The campaign missions are only minutes long with no checkpoints. The enemy AI is atrocious, just standing there waiting for you to waste a bullet on them. Multiplayer mapsEven if you like the run and gun playstyle of Call of Duty this game will leave you wanting your $50 back. The controls are not very good since they use the rear touch and touchscreen for actions like trowing grenades . The campaign missions are only minutes long with no checkpoints. The enemy AI is atrocious, just standing there waiting for you to waste a bullet on them. Multiplayer maps are tiny. If you hated being killed every 10 seconds in multiplayer and bad spawn points (some of them spawn you right in your enemy's reticule sights), then you can not even imagine the chaos formed in Nukehouse, a recycled, half a map of nuke town. All maps are tiny. Call of Duty deserves better. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  46. Nov 14, 2012
    Terrible game. Only given good reviews by people desperate to justify spending their money on this bomb. Save your money and go and buy something else, ANYTHING else.
  47. Nov 13, 2012
    if you consider that the cost of this portable title is almost equal the PC/360 counterparts you should be expecting the same amount of content and depth in the game. Instead you get 10 missions without any story that you can play through in an hour and multi player which is more like baby multiplayer with handful of maps/weapons etc.. Playing the game is very similar to hugelyif you consider that the cost of this portable title is almost equal the PC/360 counterparts you should be expecting the same amount of content and depth in the game. Instead you get 10 missions without any story that you can play through in an hour and multi player which is more like baby multiplayer with handful of maps/weapons etc.. Playing the game is very similar to hugely unsuccessful Resistance for Vita from the same developer - it isn't bad, and the multiplayer works better this time around - but it's just lacking on all fronts. If this game cost £5 like games on Appstore it would be great value for money - for £34.99 we should expect much more than this.. SONY should really reconsider how much they are charging us for Vita games... Expand
  48. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty Declassified was overall a disappointment. At £35 for a portable game it seemed expensive, however, the single-player campaign which was only 45 minutes was lackluster. The multi-player is 4 vs 4 on tiny maps where you spawn next to the enemy was awful. A complete embarrassment to the Call of Duty series. Note: Most of the user reviews giving it undeserved praise are PS3Call of Duty Declassified was overall a disappointment. At £35 for a portable game it seemed expensive, however, the single-player campaign which was only 45 minutes was lackluster. The multi-player is 4 vs 4 on tiny maps where you spawn next to the enemy was awful. A complete embarrassment to the Call of Duty series. Note: Most of the user reviews giving it undeserved praise are PS3 fanboys who want to defend any exclusive game, however terrible it is. Expand
  49. Nov 14, 2012
    This game is just a bad joke, its absolutely horrible, single player ridiculous, just ten very tiny mission (keeps about 5 min each to complete), there is no story, the multiplayer is awful, it tooks me about 5 hours for play just 2 session, and also in the second one my system freeze with a nice pop up error message, people dont buy this game, dont waste money like me, this game is anThis game is just a bad joke, its absolutely horrible, single player ridiculous, just ten very tiny mission (keeps about 5 min each to complete), there is no story, the multiplayer is awful, it tooks me about 5 hours for play just 2 session, and also in the second one my system freeze with a nice pop up error message, people dont buy this game, dont waste money like me, this game is an abomination under a franchise name just for stole your money from your pocket, just one word to the developers, you should be ashamed of yourself for sell this kind of product for 50 bucks!!! Expand
  50. Nov 15, 2012
    I think people are forgetting to review this game for what it is, a portable version of cod with campaign for on the go, hostiles for a different challenge then online multiplayer for home/on the move. After playing this game I think they have a done a good job, the graphics are good, the gameplay is good and it's what I want on my vita. No doubt if ACtivision grow some b**ls they couldI think people are forgetting to review this game for what it is, a portable version of cod with campaign for on the go, hostiles for a different challenge then online multiplayer for home/on the move. After playing this game I think they have a done a good job, the graphics are good, the gameplay is good and it's what I want on my vita. No doubt if ACtivision grow some b**ls they could produce better, but they didnt and I think nihilistic have done well after resistance and have produced this to my surprise, good job. Expand
  51. Nov 15, 2012
    I went to my neighbor's house because they are the only ones with a Vita nearby. Asked to try this game. Beat it during the time I was at their house (In about an hour).

I think thats a nuff said. The online may be decent, but this doesn't live up to the COD name and it doesn't help that this isn't a true reflection of Vita's capabilities.
  52. Nov 14, 2012
    i have just spent £42.99 on this game..... absolute wast of my money! the operations are poor, the a.i is unfair to shockingly poor, the graphics for a handheld game are fine... not brilliant, the gameplay is mediocre and the online is not great, do not buy this game....

I've had my vita since launch and really want to love it... it is a great piece of kit but the software is average there are 1 or 2 great games but the last 2 that i have spent (quite a lot) of money on have been big name games, assassins creed and cod... neither of which are great come on sony! sort it out please!
  53. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified is not a good game. There is only one metric by which a consumer of this product could deem it good, and that's to be both starved of a worthy first-person shooter on the Vita and desperately attempting to rationalise one's purchase. Declassified is a bad game.

Lots of games are bad, in lots of creatively bad ways. Many games have curious new ideas that are flawed in their premise. Many others are not made to a high enough standard. Some are just developed by those who lack the skill to accomplish what they set out to do. Declassified is painfully, crushingly unambitious. It does very little, possibly because after Resistance: Burning Skies the developer reasoned that the less they make, the less they can make badly. It doesn't work. Declassified is a strangely empty package from a franchise that is known for wringing a great deal of value for the price of a boxed game, and what it brings to the table is positively rotten.

Single player is dull, plagued by ugly, short levels stuffed with braindead enemies while lacking any of the series' signature set-pieces. It's also very, very short - ten levels that each last five minutes or so to complete and lack any real cohesive plot - and have leaderboards that nobody should worry about bothering with.

Hostiles is a wave-based coop mode without coop. You take on swarms of soldiers that come your way and, alone, that's about it. The combat isn't dynamic and tactical enough to make it interesting.

Multiplayer, the franchise's mainstay, is a ghastly approximation of the real thing. Maps are small, game modes sparse and the feel, sound and look of the combat is all unsatisfying. It's plagued by technical issues that make the idea of finding a game upon booting the game an unsavoury and laborious thought. Having played six consecutive years of Call of Duty on consoles and PC, the sudden difficulty and wait in finding a stable match stands as a stark reminder of how un-CoDlike this abomination is.

Activision should be careful. The Call of Duty brand is, if anything, thought of providing consistent quality. This travesty of a release could do more damage to that image than sales would offset.

This game does not justify the price tag, the Call of Duty name or a spot on anyone's Vita. I strongly advise you against purchasing.
  54. Nov 15, 2012
    People who are scoring this 0 - 4 need to grow up (including gaming websites) and what's with the 10's and 9's ? it ain't that good people. Review games fair ! Is it perfect ? far from it, but its not the total mess that people are making it out to be either ! Nihilistic have made some improvements to the game since the 1st trailer.

The graphics have been polished up a bit, and while

The graphics have been polished up a bit, and while not the best looking Vita game it does its job of looking like COD and I've not noticed any major framerate problems. Controls are standard COD controls with a few things mapped to the touch screen like knife and grenades, they work well enough. The sound is a ok but the weapons sound weak.

The single play is short and a little disappointing, It feels more like Spec Ops with short missions, instead of a real story. The survival mode is ok if a little basic but the multiplayer is the highlight, and apart from a few connection problems (which should be fixed) it's pretty fun, it feels like mini COD with 4 v 4 matches. Overall it should have been better but its not completely broken, the multiplayer saves it from being a total waste of time. But it shows that a fps can work on the Vita. Judge it on its own, not up against the console version. 7 out of 10
  55. Nov 15, 2012
    The Magic word for this game is 'Alright' just keep that in mind while you read

The Magic word for this game is 'Alright' just keep that in mind while you read

You know, when I first heard about Call of Duty coming to the Vita I was actually thinking it could do good on the system. When the first trailer was finally released I thought the other way, looking at how bad the graphics and just the simple look of the game was but judging the game from it's first trailer is something no one should do until actually trying the game. I will say this tho, I had a hard time thinking if I should buy this game when it finally came out and so far the game is pretty good but it does have it's issues.

Black Ops Declassified is the second FPS to hit the vita and so far so good. They did as the developers said they would, quick missions on the go with multiplayer and hey what do you know, there quick and yet fun, but a little to quick if you ask me. When you first boot up the game you got three choice, Single player which will tell you the story of what happened between Black Ops 1 and 2, Hostile which is basically a game where you fight of waves of enemies and Multiplayer with both On and Off-line modes. The first time you hop into the game you can feel the distance the games make from other Call of Duty games, the graphics dimmed down a bit for 60FPS, the sound quality not as well made and small maps, but it does the job well for a Vita game. As a example of what i'm talking about, the Vita version of Mortal Kombat did the same thing, turning down the graphics for frame rate and guess what? You people still loved it, but enough about graphics, it's the gameplay that matters.

controls is basic and if you don't know what basic controls is for a shooter then smack yourself in the back oft he head right now........ oh i'm not joking, do you know how many FPS games have been released since I'v been born that has the same controls? Way to many. Getting off subject now sorry. Anyway, the touch screen it's self has the side functions like grenades, knife and killstreak's. Simple right? Well, this is one thing that bugs be a little. The touch screen is fine and all but sometimes it doesn't work like you wish it would or it does it when you don't want to use it. I have had this problem time to time and right when i need to use something it does something else but when i need to focus on shooting someone or running away it decides to do what ever it feels like. Touchy in other words. single player is short as said before. The whats interesting tho is the A.I. since they can go either good or bad for no reason. It's hard to explain, the A.I. are dumb and most times but can do some crazy stuff at times. For instance, if an enemy starts to run at you, if you run right at him, not firing at him then stop he might just run pass you and keep going as if he never saw you at all but at the same time if they take a corner thy will slow there approach, surround you and take you out with ease. It's impressive at times but just simply weird at times.

Multiplayer is fun but not as fun as you wish it would be if it was on console. It's great for on the go quick battles (like it's meant to be made for ) but some times they just seem to stretch on and on with everyone constantly running around missing each other. Unless I was waiting for a movie to start for the next half hour I could see a few games possible but not as often as I like.

You know what? I'm going to cut to the chase already. Black Ops Declassified is a fun FPS for the Vita but it doesn't live up to the Call of Duty games as we hoped for, specially the price. If yo want a fun time shooting the crap out of each other, go for it but if your looking for a system selling game then you might as well wait just a little bit longer my friends. For that this game gets a 7.
  56. Nov 15, 2012
    I wanted to hate this game, I really did. I was so ready to, what with all the talking heads in gaming setting it up for the fall almost from the beginning. But you know what? It just works. All the little gripes like touch-screen grenade throwing can be easily circumvented. Simply by tapping the gratuitious grenade icon will prime and throw a grenade right to your reticule, just like theI wanted to hate this game, I really did. I was so ready to, what with all the talking heads in gaming setting it up for the fall almost from the beginning. But you know what? It just works. All the little gripes like touch-screen grenade throwing can be easily circumvented. Simply by tapping the gratuitious grenade icon will prime and throw a grenade right to your reticule, just like the console versions. Within minutes, I was angling frags off the walls and having a hell of a time doing it. Thumbstick shooting is tight and concise, and though the campaign is short and not without flaws, the AI was certainly impressive enough. There was definitely some fire-and-maneuver going on as enemies try to outflank you under the cover of (sometimes poorly aimed) machine gun fire. The multiplayer is simply the best shooter experience on a mobile device, and all the customization options are adequately represented. It feels like CoD. It plays like CoD. You'll get out of it what you want from it. Expand
  57. Dec 3, 2012
    Pros: -feels like COD
    -plays well with a good fps
    -multiplayer Cons: -lack of zombies -lack of vita microphone support making matches feel empty -lag issues. I find myself putting a full clip into someone and then they shoot me, I die, then the shot registers on them after my death causing both of us to die. pretty ridiculous. -glitches -lack of maps -low player count and
    Pros: -feels like COD
    -plays well with a good fps
    -multiplayer

Cons:
    -lack of zombies
    -lack of vita microphone support making matches feel empty
    -glitches
    -lack of maps
    -low player count and obvious lack of development time for the graphics could of been better.
    -terrible AI
    -no killcam/ final kill
    Conclusion: basically this game needs a patch for mic support, less glitches, lag problems, and killcam implementation. Some DLC for more maps and zombies and this game could be a 9/10. If you want a quick COD fix on the go this is the game for you, but its a step down and unless you are a true fan or want a fps on the go I wouldn't recommend this unless a patch comes out, which of 12/3 it has not.
  58. Nov 19, 2012
    Nihilistic is getting thrown to the wolves by Activision.
    The savage reviews and frothing rage are completely out of context and misdirected.
    The original schedule for this title was 2 years. 18 months were spent by two studios who could not make it run at better than 10 FPS on Vita. NSI was brought in to save Activision from their own disaster. There was no concurrent
    Nihilistic is getting thrown to the wolves by Activision.

The original schedule for this title was 2 years.

NSI was brought in to save Activision from their own disaster.

There was no concurrent development during the production of Burning Skies. From a cold start they made this game in six months. And no, this is not a re-skinned Resistance. A lot of new tech was written for it. Given the circumstances and time frame this was an amazing achievement.

Achievement Unlocked: Game Crunch Warrior!
    Make a solid Hand-Held FPS in 1/4 of a realistic schedule

The price was not set by the studio, it was set by the publisher. The limited scope of the game was dictated purely by the ludicrously short amount of time they had.

Quit kicking the studio that pulled off a miracle. Save your venom for the publisher that set this whole debacle up.

@codbod_insider
  59. Nov 26, 2012
    Was very surprised by this game. Bought the whole Vita/Black Ops bundle on black friday for 200 and I wasnt expecting much from the game because of the horrible reviews for it. The single player is typical Call of Duty, short but its no where near as well rounded as the console version. Kinda sucks honestly but where this game excels is the multiplayer. So much fun!!! I cant put it downWas very surprised by this game. Bought the whole Vita/Black Ops bundle on black friday for 200 and I wasnt expecting much from the game because of the horrible reviews for it. The single player is typical Call of Duty, short but its no where near as well rounded as the console version. Kinda sucks honestly but where this game excels is the multiplayer. So much fun!!! I cant put it down and I find myself playing the vita version over my ps3. Everything is there except smaller which is exactly what the vita is. Stop expecting it to be on par with the console versions and you will find hours and hours of enjoyment in this game. Gave it a 10 even though it deserves an 8 to boost all the haters scores. Expand
  60. Nov 26, 2012
    Having played the Multiplayer of the game for 2+ I believe I can safely say that Nihlistic have done a good job here, at least on that part, and maybe with the Hostiles mode, the single player is shoddy at best, not much of a story and small missions that you can complete quickly, the graphics are not amazing by any stretch of the imagination but they do the job here, I haven't run intoHaving played the Multiplayer of the game for 2+ I believe I can safely say that Nihlistic have done a good job here, at least on that part, and maybe with the Hostiles mode, the single player is shoddy at best, not much of a story and small missions that you can complete quickly, the graphics are not amazing by any stretch of the imagination but they do the job here, I haven't run into many frame rate issues, sometimes it will happen when I'm shooting 2 people and they are shooting back, but most time it runs smoothly. The Hostiles mode is like the one on the Modern Warfare series of COD, where you and teammates will fight waves of enemies, at the end of each wave a crate is dropped for you to pick up a weapon from to help you against harder waves of enemies. Wish it was Zombies though. Now then the MultiPlayer the only reason why anyone would buy a COD game, its here, the mini COD, the best shooter on the VITA and to me best game on the VITA, I'm a huge Uncharted fan but this game is really good in the multiplayer aspect, I've had a really good time on it, the controls to me haven't been all that hard to get used to, the snap in when scoping is also a nice touch when shooting or it probably would've been harder, the touchscreen controls are also really nicely done here, with the grenades and knife on the right side and your killstreaks on the left, tapping these will immediately activate them. I see some people complaining about the controls so I would recommend maybe turning up the sensitivity to see if that helps, but I have had no trouble with it so far. Also another nice touch is the smaller maps and the quicker respawn, giving players a small map means you can immediately get back into the action and quickly re spawning means there is no wait for the enemy. There are many guns to choose from here, there are only two snipers here which seemed pointless to put them in because the maps won't work with them. Oooh before I forget I sometimes have trouble connecting to an online match, basically what will happen is I will join the game but I will be dropped out before the game starts, or in a few occasions be dropped out when i'm in the middle of a game, which in these instances it seems like everybody playing the game drops out, this happened quite a few times and is really annoying, so if you get into a good game where you haven't been dropped out of I recommend staying there as it might be hard to find another one, however I think that this can be fixed with an update to the game.

All in all the multiplayer feels and plays like a COD game, the graphics aren't the best on consoles so why expect something amazing here? Hostiles mode is fun but holds nothing to Multiplayer which is the bread and butter of this game here, and when I said this is the best game on the VITA I meant it. So far I have not had any fun on most VITA games, Uncharted and Liberation are probably the most fun, but for some reason I just can't stop playing this for the moment.

If you want to play with just add LFC_Onder8
  61. Nov 17, 2012
    Listen... I had this game for about 3 days. A lot of people have negative outputs for this game but for what? Yea, the campaign is horrible but its really multiplayer that drives COD. This game has a decent multiplayer. It's very entertaining and I'm happy for this title. All in all, no one really cares about campaign.. Stick to multiplayer, which is great.
  62. Dec 1, 2012
    This can't be considered a videogame. This must be considered the worst GARBAGE ever made in the story of videogames. If you don't want to waste a lot of money, don't buy this game: the single player mode can be completed in 45 minutes!
  63. Nov 24, 2012
    What is wrong with you people? This has to be the most awesome fps ever made for a handheld. Forget what these sad reviewers are saying, the online multi ROCKS! Its got the perks, the challenges, smooth game play, great graphics and killstreaks. Reviewers these days on a handheld amaze me, how far the gaming world has come, great work. Oh, don't give a game a bad review because you getWhat is wrong with you people? This has to be the most awesome fps ever made for a handheld. Forget what these sad reviewers are saying, the online multi ROCKS! Its got the perks, the challenges, smooth game play, great graphics and killstreaks. Reviewers these days on a handheld amaze me, how far the gaming world has come, great work. Oh, don't give a game a bad review because you get owned, go play Lego and leave the reviewing to the big boys, OK? Expand
  64. Nov 29, 2012
    I dont know what the problem is with all the "Critic" reviews but this game kicks ass if you want COD on the go. I play multiplayer all day at work on our wifi and its awesome. Really works well.......I think they tweaked the log on process from the first week of release....much better now. I even dig the offline modes in this game. Sure the AI is not perfect but its ok to good.I dont know what the problem is with all the "Critic" reviews but this game kicks ass if you want COD on the go. I play multiplayer all day at work on our wifi and its awesome. Really works well.......I think they tweaked the log on process from the first week of release....much better now. I even dig the offline modes in this game. Sure the AI is not perfect but its ok to good. Awesome VITA game.....go get it. Expand
  65. Jan 9, 2013
    A lot has been said (and of course, written) about Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassisfied since it hit store shelves last month. Most of it negative, very little positive, almost all accurate in one way or another. While the gaming media have thrown tons of three's and four's (out of ten) at CoD Vita, with waves and waves of users posting either tens or zeros, the user reviews posted onA lot has been said (and of course, written) about Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassisfied since it hit store shelves last month. Most of it negative, very little positive, almost all accurate in one way or another. While the gaming media have thrown tons of three's and four's (out of ten) at CoD Vita, with waves and waves of users posting either tens or zeros, the user reviews posted on this site have been far more polarised. The reason I decided to type this quick review is because neither of these points of view are at all accurate. The gamers that trawl through these very reviews deserve a neutral, more measured point of view with which to help them make an informed decision. With neither gushing adoration or utter disdain helping one iota, what is needed right now is a little perspective. Personally speaking, I hit the shops and grabbed Declassified within a day or so of it's UK release. At which point, no media reviews had yet been published, and only a couple of very brief user reviews had been posted here on Metacritic. Both of which were overwhelmingly positive, aiding my decision to spend a whopping £42.99 on the game. But do I regret it? Mmmm, yes and no. Despite it's brevity, I personally had a lot of fun playing through the single player campaign. For a seasoned Call of Duty vet, it's probably not beyond the realms of possibility to negotiate your way through each of the ten missions in little more than an hour. Maybe even less. Although I admit to enjoying the odd FPS shooter, I certainly do not fall into the 'seasoned vet' catagory, and as such, it took me the best part of four or five hours to beat. I also found the difficulty curve and pacing to be savage yet acceptable. Many have laid criticism at the games lack of mission checkpoints - citing their absence as a wholly underhand means of adding to the longevity of the campaign - but I considered this to be all part of challenge, adding an extra layer of tension. While it certainly isn't in the same ballpark as it's console counterparts, there's still a good deal of mileage to be had from CoD Vita's multiplayer component too. While there have been many well documented issues regarding stability and connection woes, Activision has now provided patch (that went live last week) which addresses most of these foibles. While still isn't perfect, multiplayer reliability is now vastly improved. Unfortunately however, Declassified's primary achilles heel remains. And that my friends, is the enemy AI. No matter how impartial I attempt to be, there is just no getting away from the fact that Declassified is home to some of the worst (and dumbest) AI I have encountered in a very, very long time. At this time, one can only assume that there are no plans to provide a fix for this issue, and that is a real shame. In summation, Declassified is a flawed portable FPS experience, but one that can be an awful lot of fun too. It isn't perfect, it isn't awful. It's somewhere in the middle. And that warrants a score which reflects this. That score isn't a zero and it certainly isn't a ten. For me, it is a seven. And that my pedigree chums, is perspective. Expand
  66. Nov 20, 2012
    I agree 100% with Drumhead19's review. I could not have said it better myself. I gave it a slightly lower rating than Drumhead19 as the narrative for the campaign could have been better and the AI could have been better. I did play MP last night and was having some solid fun.
  67. Nov 28, 2012
    WARNING; the multiplayer for this game (the only reason to buy a Call of Duty game imo) absolutely will NOT WORK IF YOU ARE USING ANYTHING OTHER THAN WIFI off of a home internet connection. All of my other vita games will work using 4g/LTE tethering with my android phone. This is the only game that does not. There are no error messages, the ps vita simply boots me back to the main screenWARNING; the multiplayer for this game (the only reason to buy a Call of Duty game imo) absolutely will NOT WORK IF YOU ARE USING ANYTHING OTHER THAN WIFI off of a home internet connection. All of my other vita games will work using 4g/LTE tethering with my android phone. This is the only game that does not. There are no error messages, the ps vita simply boots me back to the main screen and then freezes when I try to restart a multiplayer game. If I use my home wifi connection, the online multiplayer works fine, and is as one would hope, Call of Duty in your hand. At least they included adhoc multiplayer (I have two vitas). But seriously, what is the point of making a ps vita game that can only be played at home on my wifi connection? Why wouldnt I just use my ps3? And how about some kind of error message about my connection instead of the game just freezing? I gave it a 5 instead of a zero because it is useful for playing via adhoc with my friends using my two vitas, but for most people who dont carry around two ps vitas the only reason to buy this game is if you do not own a ps3. Expand
  68. Aug 3, 2013
    this is one of the worst games i ever play its is so bad that i cried hint hint big black ops fan so yeah. the worst thing is the whole game they need a whole new storyline
  69. Nov 16, 2012
    OK big up one of the other reviews that starts with "never played this game but" LOL... So Nihilistic basically ate a bullet with the 8 months to get this ready on time for Sony which is why they are making the move to phone games. Activision hasn't been there at all and it isn't likely they will do very much after they take over the updates past patch 1.02. The good news is that if youOK big up one of the other reviews that starts with "never played this game but" LOL... So Nihilistic basically ate a bullet with the 8 months to get this ready on time for Sony which is why they are making the move to phone games. Activision hasn't been there at all and it isn't likely they will do very much after they take over the updates past patch 1.02. The good news is that if you just want the best FPS ever on a handheld this IS it and lots of people are having a great time with this game. The scoring for this is rediculous and in an alternate dimension this same game under a different name having nothing to do with Resistance Burning Skies or CoD would get more appreciation. Thanks for the effort Nihilistic and for using what resources you had to focus on the most important aspects of the game - that being the game control, steady framerate, and the multiplayer component... As far as I'm concerned I am enjoying this game as well as can be expected. I ride the bus for 3 hours a day which is the only time I play video games and this is THE BEST shooter available on the go. I realize my score is a bit higher than I feel this game is "worth" for the pricetag (not that that should be a scoring factor IMO) but this Metacritic page has basically turned into a food fight with about half of the reviews being completely unrealistic. If anything this will keep any more Vita games from being $49.99 so :) Expand
  70. Nov 15, 2012
    It amazes me just how many ignorant consumers are content with settling for less. "Call of Duty in the palms of your hands!" says one clown. "Surprised by the quality!" says another. This title fails in every possible way. The single-player campaign is incredibly short. Multiplayer is limited to simplistic 4-on-4 action. There is absolutely no Zombies mode -- a crime of unspeakableIt amazes me just how many ignorant consumers are content with settling for less. "Call of Duty in the palms of your hands!" says one clown. "Surprised by the quality!" says another. This title fails in every possible way. The single-player campaign is incredibly short. Multiplayer is limited to simplistic 4-on-4 action. There is absolutely no Zombies mode -- a crime of unspeakable severity. This is absolutely not the "Call of Duty" experience on a handheld system. Instead, it's just another sloppy, half-hearted effort from the goons at Nihilistic. Much like their previous failure, Resistance: Burning Skies, Call of Duty lacks polish and content. The Playstation Vita is capable of oh-so-much more, but if developers like this continue to be handed the rights to create titles for such large, successful, and important franchises as Call of Duty and even Resistance, I often wonder if we'll ever see it. Killzone and perhaps BioShock remain the two "last hopes" on the shooter scene, and who knows how those will fare. It's just a crying shame knowing that we could have had so much more on this system and that Nihilistic, once again, has delivered a title that's embarrassing not only to the franchise it represents, but the platform on which it's available. Expand
  71. Nov 16, 2012
    This game is by no means perfect, but it is fun. It is not broken and it works well for what it is. There is a lot of negativity around this game, unwarranted IMO. If you are expecting an exact port of the console version, you will be disappointed. However, this is by far the best portable FPS, ever, period. It is too expensive @ 49.99. I used my $20 credit on the PSN that I got thisThis game is by no means perfect, but it is fun. It is not broken and it works well for what it is. There is a lot of negativity around this game, unwarranted IMO. If you are expecting an exact port of the console version, you will be disappointed. However, this is by far the best portable FPS, ever, period. It is too expensive @ 49.99. I used my $20 credit on the PSN that I got this month, so I feel it was worth it @ $29.99.
    The campaign is short, but sweet, addictive for completionists. Hostiles is fun and just as addictive, but no replacement for Zombies. The gameplay works. The dual sticks are great. I had to tweek the sensitivity way down. The touch screen stuff takes some time to get used to , but is fine. My experience with the multi-player has been good. Always connect, very little lag. However, the map variation is weak and there aren't enough differnt modes. I would have liked to see domination here. Kill confirmed works well here and is my go-to. The graphics are decent, for a portable. Everything looks good and the framerate rarely breaks down.
    The sounds was pretty terrible out of the box, however a recent patch has brought it up to serviceable. The gunfire sounds on-point and the echo effect is cool in the earphones. Prior to the patch I was able to play my Vita play list in the background, even on-line, which was super cool. After the patch that stopped working.

Breakdown:

Graphics: 7.0
    Sound: 5.5
    Gameplay: 7.5
    Replay: 7.5
    Overall: 7.0 (not an average)

If you are looking for a replacement for the console you won't find it here. If you are looking for COD on the go, to play on the bus plane or just when your TV has been taken over this works well. It is not broken, at all! It is fun addictive and can hone your skills while you commute. A little over priced @ $49.99. However, I stand by the statement; this is the best portable FPS ever. PS; I also play Hostiles in between rounds of COD BLOPS 2, but I am a huge nerd so....
  72. Nov 13, 2012
    Nihilistic goes out with a bang! Declassified has everything one would want from a portable CoD effort: Bite-sized campaign missions, AI waves (but not zombies), and fantastic 4v4 online multiplayer. I'm blown away by how fluid the multiplayer action is, too - especially considering how poor Resistance Burning Skies was. I digress. If you're looking for Call of Duty on the go, look noNihilistic goes out with a bang! Declassified has everything one would want from a portable CoD effort: Bite-sized campaign missions, AI waves (but not zombies), and fantastic 4v4 online multiplayer. I'm blown away by how fluid the multiplayer action is, too - especially considering how poor Resistance Burning Skies was. I digress. If you're looking for Call of Duty on the go, look no further than Declassified. It may just be the best portable FPS of all time. Expand
  73. Nov 13, 2012
    Picked this up today and was a bit sceptic due to the fact that no reviews could be found anywhere before this game came out but the gamble paid off as this is actually really good! A couple of the multiplayer maps are too small but the actual gameplay is solid COD. Rank system is as in-depth as ever and I found myself constantly playing just one more game to try and unlock that extraPicked this up today and was a bit sceptic due to the fact that no reviews could be found anywhere before this game came out but the gamble paid off as this is actually really good! A couple of the multiplayer maps are too small but the actual gameplay is solid COD. Rank system is as in-depth as ever and I found myself constantly playing just one more game to try and unlock that extra attachment. Despite the appalling rip off that was Fifa 13 and a few unplayable games, this looks to be a good year for Vita overall with the likes of LBP, NFSMW, AC, and finally this. Would recommend. Expand
  74. Nov 14, 2012
    Playing this and loving it... definitely a step up from Resistance Burning Skies and it certainly has the 'feel' of a real COD game - all it needs now is a nice raft of DLC cough *zombies* cough or some additional missions / modes / challenges. But even if it doesn't get DLC love I'll be playing this addictive shooter for some time to come!!
  75. Nov 13, 2012
    Very suprised by the game, the Multiplayer is brilliant! The most time i've ever spent playing my vita! I sat on the sofa for 3 hours straight. No connection issues like R:BS had, no lag. Matchmaking is quick and they just patched in Ad-Hoc play! Great effort Nihilistic!
  76. Nov 15, 2012
    This game is a terrible mess. it's just to painful an experience to write any more about it.

And lol @ anyone giving this game a 10 ,I don't think many people will ever take your user reviews serious again....
  77. Nov 14, 2012
    It is frustrating the lack of official reviews, and its obvious way really..
    No agenda at the end of the day as far as I'm concerned.
    I've been gaming since early 80s.. Know what in talking, clearly the guy reviewing for pocket gamer has no idea or is being slightly hysterical.. It's a fantastic game, very good graphics, sound, superb gameplay.. Hostiles= brilliant on the train..
    It is frustrating the lack of official reviews, and its obvious way really..
    No agenda at the end of the day as far as I'm concerned.
    It's a fantastic game, very good graphics, sound, superb gameplay..
    Hostiles= brilliant on the train.. Campaign is short but lots of fun..
    It is a true hand hold call of duty!!! I don't know why everybody is being so picky..
    Seriously.. It's amazing but it for yourself.. You will be playing it for months to come..
    Online is amazing even though I get my ass kicked a lot..
    An yes it's true, the reason resistance was so poorly put together because obviously all efforts were focused on call of duty declassified!
    But it today and don't listen to silly so called reviewers shooting it down..
    Amazing feat. The king is impressed
  78. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty Black Ops:Declassified was the very first COD on the Vita, but how did it stack up?

GRAPHICS: We know that the Vita can handle some amazing graphics,but we're not at that stage in the Vita's lifetime yet.But the the graphics have gradually been improving. I'd say, this is probably the best looking game for the Vita thus far. CONTROLS: Hey, they work. At first,

GRAPHICS:

CONTROLS:

Hey, they work. At first, it will feel pretty weird playing the game, but spend a little time and it'll feel just fine.

STORY:

Well, that's the thing. There is no story. There is a "Campaign" mode, which isn't really the proper term,
    because it's more like a bunch of missions. 10 missions to be exact. There aren't that many, and it honestly won't take you
    that long. As the name of the game says, "Declassified", The missions are all based on classified missions
    that the characters: Alex Mason and Frank Woods from the original game took part in, aside from the original
    story of the first one. So. No, there really is no story in this one.
    There is also a Hostiles mode, which is similar to the one in MW3. Waves of enemies come at you as you try to survive. Pretty straight-forward.

MULTIPLAYER:

Single-Player wise..there really isn't much content, I'd say the main seller for this game, and basically the
    entirety of the bulk of this game is the Multiplayer. 4 v 4 matches honestly aren't that bad. There are 6
    maps and they do feel really crowded, and despite the controls being fine, it just feels awkward sometimes online.
    But I'm not trying to bash the game here. It's definitely fun. VERDICT:

I've been hearing a lot of negative feedback from this game, and I can understand why. Content wise there isn't alot
    and the price was pretty high. Would you want to pay $50 for a game with a pretty rushed single player experience
    and mostly focused on the multiplayer? Like I said, and I will say it again: What the game lacks in single player, it definitely
    makes up for it in multiplayer. It sure is fun playing it, and let me tell you, when you play this game with friends
    over the Vita Party Voice-Chat..it's just a great time. The multiplayer isn't anything too innovative though, and is classic COD multiplayer but hey. This is literally the 2nd FPS for the Vita..so we got to be a bit more forgiving. If anything,
    this game feels like a first step. I feel other developers can learn from this game and make better, improved FPS's.

7/10 for me. All the single player aspects really could've been improved, they felt rushed, and felt like
    not much thought was put in. The multi player is the bulk of this game, for the 2nd FPS on the Vita, it's still
    pretty fun, not bad at all, but of course there is still much room for improvement.
  79. Nov 15, 2012
    I don't understand why review sites bash this game - just because they had to buy their copy ?
    Multiplayer is really big fun and has already many users despite the small maps. Yes the grafics could have been better / Campaigns are uninspired. But buy it as a multiplayer game and you will be hooked for many evenings. whoever rates ios fps or resistance higher is not objective or simply unfair!
  80. Nov 13, 2012
    To be honest it's a very good game. Of course some people expected a real console version, but from a Handheld view, this game is very good. I like the Unit13 kind of single player mode, this because it's a handheld version of COD and therefore it should give you a short entertainment. It's addictive. @Azinot, I think you have never really played Black ops or other FPS games from theTo be honest it's a very good game. Of course some people expected a real console version, but from a Handheld view, this game is very good. I like the Unit13 kind of single player mode, this because it's a handheld version of COD and therefore it should give you a short entertainment. It's addictive. @Azinot, I think you have never really played Black ops or other FPS games from the Franchise? Because the maps etc are pretty much in-line with the Franchise so I have a feeling that you try to troll the score! Expand
  81. Nov 13, 2012
    After all the stories on the that this was going to be really bad, I find myself not that surprised that it is no where near the horror story people believed it would be.

This is a very enjoyable game, that while not my personal favourite cuppa...I am finding it to be a nice beverage after all the hype. I would give it a 9 when it reaches the £25 mark in the shops I usually

I would give it a 9 when it reaches the £25 mark in the shops I usually like to spend on games.

I mark this as a Vita game and for the purpose I use my Vita....I am not comparing it with any of the PS3 games.
  82. Nov 14, 2012
    I take this game for what a Call of Duty game has always been for me: a fun multiplayer experience. With all due respect, I have never enjoyed the Single Player campaign in a Call of Duty game all that much and was glad that a hefty chunk of it was taken out to focus on why everyone buys it, which is the multiplayer. Multiplayer is solid, has the same perks and level system from consoleI take this game for what a Call of Duty game has always been for me: a fun multiplayer experience. With all due respect, I have never enjoyed the Single Player campaign in a Call of Duty game all that much and was glad that a hefty chunk of it was taken out to focus on why everyone buys it, which is the multiplayer. Multiplayer is solid, has the same perks and level system from console iterations and overall is an enjoyable experience. The reviews from critics are actually a little shocking to me. I rate this game one point higher than I would have normally in hopes that it will compensate for the unnecessarily poor Critic reviews. If you are on the fence, proceed with caution. It would not hurt to wait until it went down in price. That being said, this is Call of Duty multiplayer on a handheld and it is done in a respectable manner, in my opinion. Expand
  83. Nov 14, 2012
    I just loving this CoD, the single player modes are equilibrated and very cool, but the great thing about this game is the multiplayer. This, so far, the best multiplayer game for PS Vita until now [maybe Killzone Mercenaries take the 1st place]. The game has a little bugs, but, in general, dont mess with the game play.
  84. Nov 13, 2012
    bought this game last night, all i can say is it plays and looks AWESOME! maybe not exactly like the console version but the multiplayer is wonderfull. call of duty multiplayer in the palm of ur hand! :) ENJOY!
  85. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the first handheld true cod experience and in that way it succeeds. The graphics are allot better than expected and so is the game play. It is very fun to play and does feels like cod without question. I highly recommend this game. However on the minus sides its only 4 x 4 multilayer but I heard it was due to the vitals party limitations, it has not got enough maps (althoughThis is the first handheld true cod experience and in that way it succeeds. The graphics are allot better than expected and so is the game play. It is very fun to play and does feels like cod without question. I highly recommend this game. However on the minus sides its only 4 x 4 multilayer but I heard it was due to the vitals party limitations, it has not got enough maps (although downloads hopefully will add more). Nihlistic has done a fabulous job at the same. It is allot better than every expected and hopefully it will help vita success. Buy this game now. Expand
  86. Nov 13, 2012
    Much better than I expected. Very much a genuine COD experience on a handheld. Recommend to any FPS fan. Only thing i wish for is ZOMBIES!! ( could be introduced in DLC).
  87. Nov 13, 2012
    Pure COD in yours hand, if you want more buy the x360/PS3 version. It´s reduced, next version maybe will be best, has a very short campaign... but the feeling playing is like all the COD.
  88. Nov 13, 2012
    I had seen some trailers and pictures but it had ugly grafics, low frame... Finally it seams to be solved because the game is pretty good, grafics, smooth... online it's amazing and even you might forget you'r playing on a handheld console, i have to say that i got a trigger grip and it makes feel like a dualshock controller
  89. Nov 18, 2012
    First, let me start by saying that this game might not be for everyone, but for all critics to review it so lowly is rediculous. This game is meant to be played as a portable, which means everything needs to be pint size to accomplish this feat. I really like how the campaign is made because it allows for you to pick up and go at any time; without worrying about story plots and the like.First, let me start by saying that this game might not be for everyone, but for all critics to review it so lowly is rediculous. This game is meant to be played as a portable, which means everything needs to be pint size to accomplish this feat. I really like how the campaign is made because it allows for you to pick up and go at any time; without worrying about story plots and the like. Unit 13 was praised for this method and received a good score, but this game was punished for the exact same thing? As for the MP, I believe that this was done very well too because the maps need to be small to ensure non-stop action to accomodate the fact that you are playing 4v4. I'm sure there will be patches to stabilize the connectivity issue, but this happens to many games on console as well. I am not a COD fanboy by any means and I usually purchase the console versions way past their initial release date. Finally, if you are an avid trophy collector like myself, you will find that this game is not a walk in the park due to some very challenging trophies. The price is kinda steep for a handheld, but UC:GA was priced pretty high too and I soon forgot about it. Expand
  90. Nov 19, 2012
    Even the most hardcore of Call of Duty fans will be disappointed by this game. The campaign was only about an hour long, almost all of the models are recycled from previous call of duty games, and the multiplayer is extremely limited.
    Definitely not worth the money. I legitimately feel bad for anyone unfortunate enough to have bought the Call of Duty Vita bundle.
  91. Nov 13, 2012
    Call of Duty Declassified is a must have for any Vita own, the game-play is really impressive and you can take a lot of joy out the maps. the visuals are crisp and the controls are sweet, but sometimes i tend to struggle when throwing a stun lol. The only thing i would like to see included is zombies and a few more game modes such as domination and search and destroy. Qverall, brilliantCall of Duty Declassified is a must have for any Vita own, the game-play is really impressive and you can take a lot of joy out the maps. the visuals are crisp and the controls are sweet, but sometimes i tend to struggle when throwing a stun lol. The only thing i would like to see included is zombies and a few more game modes such as domination and search and destroy. Qverall, brilliant game, i just about put the game down so i can write this review, anyway back to playing for another 6 hours. Expand
  92. Nov 14, 2012
    Bought it - not impressed. The online is glitchy and the framerate sluggish. Would not recommend. At times it feels like the console version, but many times just falls flat.
  93. Nov 15, 2012
    Shattered my last hopes for the Vita. For a portable gaming system that claims to have that console quality experience on the go, I'd say the PS Vita comes far from living up to that statement. After playing almost every game in its library so far, the only games that come close to that experience would be LBP and Need for Speed Most Wanted. As I looked to the future for upcoming VitaShattered my last hopes for the Vita. For a portable gaming system that claims to have that console quality experience on the go, I'd say the PS Vita comes far from living up to that statement. After playing almost every game in its library so far, the only games that come close to that experience would be LBP and Need for Speed Most Wanted. As I looked to the future for upcoming Vita games it seemed to be vast and empty as little to no developers are jumping on board. So it seemed COD BO Declassified was one of its last hopes of redeeming itself and keeping a place in my hands. For such a HUGE AAA title of Call of Duty, what could possibly go wrong when shrunken down to a handheld? Alot. Now, at first playing the game it looks, feels and plays just like call of duty. So what could be wrong? Here's what's good and bad: Good: Looks and plays like COD on consoles. That's it for the pros.Bad: Super short campaign. Terrible A.I. Compressed multiplayer with plenty of connection issues. Tiny maps( Nuketown is cut in half!). Boring hostiles mode. Graphics are barely better than Resistance BS. Everything just seems so unpolished in this game and all modes are just not that fun at all. I tried to enjoy the Multiplayer but the maps are just so small that its hard to enjoy always responding right infront of someone. Just a big disappointment all the way and it brings the Vita down even farther as well as the Call of Duty name. These other reviewers may have liked when they first popped it in and turned it on like I did, but just give them a few days and they'll see what I mean(gets boring and repetitive fast). Please save your money on this one as your only paying an extra $10 on another crappy COD psp title that it comes with. Thought this would save the Vita, but oh well. I can always get a Wii U or something. Expand
  94. Nov 14, 2012
    I must say I'm a bit surprised how good COD Declassified actually is! Considering Nihilistic was the developer and I was a little disappointed with Resistance Burning Skies, COD Declassified definitely has a much more refined feel to just about everything in the game from gameplay to graphic. I can already tell with just 3+ hours time spent playing that the survival mode is prettyI must say I'm a bit surprised how good COD Declassified actually is! Considering Nihilistic was the developer and I was a little disappointed with Resistance Burning Skies, COD Declassified definitely has a much more refined feel to just about everything in the game from gameplay to graphic. I can already tell with just 3+ hours time spent playing that the survival mode is pretty addicting and will make Call Of Duty Declassified my most played Vita game even after I've 3 stared all the campaign mission. Expand
  95. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm not a call of duty fan boy but I do like most of the console releases. This game feels like real cod. The only thing its missing is zombies. But for what it is its awesome. Lots of fun. Add me and let's play. Psn:lowlifemalakye
  96. Nov 13, 2012
    It definitely is a Call of Duty in your pocket. Period. Even more: it is probably the best portable FPS on any platform and the closest experience that you can have of a console. I am not a CoD fanboy and this was a game that I had zero interest when it was announced. The trailer and the screenshots were just too bad. Everything has changed when I started to see some players footage of theIt definitely is a Call of Duty in your pocket. Period. Even more: it is probably the best portable FPS on any platform and the closest experience that you can have of a console. I am not a CoD fanboy and this was a game that I had zero interest when it was announced. The trailer and the screenshots were just too bad. Everything has changed when I started to see some players footage of the finished game, before the launch. What I saw really amazed me, so I decided to buy this game on day one. I am so glad that I have made that decision. It is a solid FPS, with great graphics and gameplay. Everything that we have seen and are used to in CoD games are there (obviously, some things are compressed), even the sound resembles his big brothers. I see a lot of people complaining about the single player... well, first, Nihilistic was very clear about that: Black Ops Declassified is focused on the multiplayer. And, personally, I play shooters in general for the multiplayer. I never played a single campaign in CoD games or Battlefield. So I cannot tell you about the single player experience, but one thing I guarantee: the multiplayer is awesome. I played for hours and hours, I just stopped because my battery was too low. So, if you are looking for a solid single player experience in your Vita, maybe this is not for you. But if you are looking for a great multiplayer experience, probably the best so far on Vita, this is a must buy. Congratulations Nihilistic for the great job on Black Ops Declassified. That was a beautiful surprise for all of us, PS Vita owners. Expand
  97. Nov 13, 2012
    Short game, bad graphics, not a real COD, a waste of money. Please ignore this game and move forward. The ones who say this is a good game are clearly its developers. None else feels like that.
  98. Nov 14, 2012
    What a shame. The game is incredibly unimpressive given the system it's on license it is supposed to represent. I find it astonishing that users here rate games like halo 4 and black ops 2 down, but put all their support behind this unfinished turd in alpha state. Nihilistic changed its name during development, I suspect it's to avoid any connection with this game in the future. ResistanceWhat a shame. The game is incredibly unimpressive given the system it's on license it is supposed to represent. I find it astonishing that users here rate games like halo 4 and black ops 2 down, but put all their support behind this unfinished turd in alpha state. Nihilistic changed its name during development, I suspect it's to avoid any connection with this game in the future. Resistance burning skies was actually better than this game. Expand
  99. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. not what i expected. i believe in nihilistic to keep patching the game just like resistence. the character can run forever w/out getting tires and cannot dive. i like multiplayer though. didnt go to school because of this. Expand
  100. Nov 15, 2012
    When it comes to shooters for the PS Vita Call of Duty Declassified takes game of the year. One of the best gaming franchises comes to the PS vita and a must have game for all PS vita owners. This game is packed with action on a 4 vs 4 a total of 8 players on a map. It has a great level system to unlock weapons and more but what makes this even more fun is the way it plays on a true mobileWhen it comes to shooters for the PS Vita Call of Duty Declassified takes game of the year. One of the best gaming franchises comes to the PS vita and a must have game for all PS vita owners. This game is packed with action on a 4 vs 4 a total of 8 players on a map. It has a great level system to unlock weapons and more but what makes this even more fun is the way it plays on a true mobile gaming system.

by otic101: http://www.psnsharingcommunity.com
  101. Nov 14, 2012
    I expected this game to be complete garbage based on all the negative press it was receiving before its launch. However, I went ahead and bought it for my Vita and yesterday while waiting for a doctor's appointment I started in. The visuals and gun sounds are greatly improved since the TGS video that's out there. And the game is just plain fun. I've had a good time playing, and I'mI expected this game to be complete garbage based on all the negative press it was receiving before its launch. However, I went ahead and bought it for my Vita and yesterday while waiting for a doctor's appointment I started in. The visuals and gun sounds are greatly improved since the TGS video that's out there. And the game is just plain fun. I've had a good time playing, and I'm surprised at how well it controls. This is not the turd everyone predicted it will be. Haters gonna be hating. Collapse

1. Declassified feels like a disappointing DLC bundle rather than a full release. In its best moments it proves that Call of Duty could work on the console, and it has some good ideas – earning XP across single-player for multiplayer unlocks is particularly neat – but it's exceptionally hard to justify how this ended up with a $70 price tag. The very best PS Vita games have proven that, in the portable market, size can still matter. This lesson has, ironically, been ignored by gaming's biggest franchise. [January 2013, p76]
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    This'll remind you of the very worst PSone FPS games. [Issue#227, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    This game should have stayed classified or, at the very least, been redacted.