4.8

1. Nov 14, 2012
    People need to stop inflating the score for this game.

I get it, you are trying to justify the purchase of your new handheld and want to see it, and Sony, succeed. You don't do that by lying to the consumer, trying to get them to buy the system and a lackluster game simply to support Sony. The truth is, the system is just too expensive at the moment, with a games catalogue too
    People need to stop inflating the score for this game.

The truth is, the system is just too expensive at the moment, with a games catalogue too insignificant to justify grabbing one at this time. For the game itself, it is CoD. The gameplay, for the most part is there. However, with this release, almost anything meaty that the series has to offer has been stripped away. The singleplayer content is astonishingly brief, the multiplayer is stripped down with small maps and a reduced player count, and the visuals themselves are simply par for the course, as far as the system goes.

It is not a game worth owning. Not at full price, anyway. If you are a die-hard CoD fan, it might be worth your while. For everyone else, wait on this, and certainly don't buy the system for it. It's a sub-par game, nothing more.
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    I've picked this game today along with the Black ops 2 itself for pc, I do not want to compare this game to Black Ops 2 since its simply a sequel to Black Ops I. Well No one ever forced sony to give this franchise to Nihilistic ! sony could buy themselves a huge score with these games....unfortunately that is only a dream. Its shame to see the single player is completed over 3-4 hours onI've picked this game today along with the Black ops 2 itself for pc, I do not want to compare this game to Black Ops 2 since its simply a sequel to Black Ops I. Well No one ever forced sony to give this franchise to Nihilistic ! sony could buy themselves a huge score with these games....unfortunately that is only a dream. Its shame to see the single player is completed over 3-4 hours on veteran diffuclty, there is not much a story there as well....the gameplay is only limited only walking toward different alleys where the design of all of em looks quiet similar and just like resistance very dead and killing some enemies which are positioned behinde the boxed around ...
    Multiplayer experience is much better than it was on resistance although it has nth to be compared with black ops 1 itself....
    graphics are as bad as they were in Resistance, just the frame rate is more stable .... in generall its not in a same level with Uncharted, AC, NFS at all....
    well dun waste money for this game since there are much more better choices such as NFS and perhaps AC and of corz awesome choices like Zero Escape, Persona 4, LBP
  3. Dop
    Nov 13, 2012
    Ok i cant believe that i pay 50$ for this crap, all the 10 must be , nihilistic crew or the first wave of COD fanboys, maps are small, AI is stupid, and the single campaign is a joke. if u want to waste 50$ then throw it on the street u are going to feel a lot better.
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm very disappointed with this game. All over scripted rail shooter. This fps has one of the stupidest stories I have ever come across in a game,the characters are boring. The graphics are mediocore at best and bad at worst. This game is very short also,you can complete it in about 5 hours,definataly not worth your time and money.Horrible map design, horrible game design in general. TheI'm very disappointed with this game. All over scripted rail shooter. This fps has one of the stupidest stories I have ever come across in a game,the characters are boring. The graphics are mediocore at best and bad at worst. This game is very short also,you can complete it in about 5 hours,definataly not worth your time and money.Horrible map design, horrible game design in general. The MP is quite entertaining though... 5,5 Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    I regret that I bought this game. It is so horrible. Play just not interested. The levels are boring and monotonous, as weapons. AI is awful and nothing can take, so bad. Multiplayer is boring and dull, but the schedule is awful as the levels from the artistic point of view.
  6. Dec 16, 2012
    Declassified is giving Vita a bad name for a good old fashioned Game of the Year candidate. I don't really care about Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified anymore. The critics are absolutely right, I even watch the review on the now-cancelled X-Play. This game is a complete disaster. AI is terrible, a campaign that deserves the right to be punished, and bad timing of the game makes youDeclassified is giving Vita a bad name for a good old fashioned Game of the Year candidate. I don't really care about Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified anymore. The critics are absolutely right, I even watch the review on the now-cancelled X-Play. This game is a complete disaster. AI is terrible, a campaign that deserves the right to be punished, and bad timing of the game makes you wanna play the game for less than 10 hours a week. I urge every Call of Duty fan to avoid this portable dump and get back to action while playing... I don't know. Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops II? It's your call. Expand
  7. Dec 27, 2012
    This game is just horrible. The single player mode is ridiculously short, the IA sucks (I've seen enemies shoot a wall, throw grenades that kill themselves or just run in circles even though I'm there), the controls feel awkard and the missions are just boring.

Usually the on-line is the main reason to buy a CoD game is the on-line mode, but in CoD: BOD the on-line mode doesn't work, the game keeps kicking me out of every lobby for no reason (and it's not my connection, everything else works fine, hell, I can play the PS3 CoDs without any problem) and the only time I got to play, one of the players was invincible and could not be killed.

Those problems were supposedly fixed with an update, but after I downloaded the 400 MB patch, it still works as bad as the first day, the only difference being that the game doesn't freeze anymore after I'm kicked of a lobby.

Graphically the game is okay, textures and models are bad looking, and light effects are nothing special.

The OST couldn't be more awful, they could put no music and it wouldn't be noticeable. The sound effects are generic.

This game is not worth buying, it should be a 3$ iOS game.
  8. Jul 1, 2013
    When they ported Black Ops, they could have at least kept in everything that made black ops great, not strip it down to the bone and remove any substance of greatness that it had. Zombies, gone, SP, Short and unsatisfying and for the MP, wow, hardly any maps, half the guns, 8 players, hard to find a game and last but not least, it looks horrible. It's already been proven that the PS-VitaWhen they ported Black Ops, they could have at least kept in everything that made black ops great, not strip it down to the bone and remove any substance of greatness that it had. Zombies, gone, SP, Short and unsatisfying and for the MP, wow, hardly any maps, half the guns, 8 players, hard to find a game and last but not least, it looks horrible. It's already been proven that the PS-Vita has enough power to make a game look beautiful, Uncharted was near identical to it's console counterpart. The only explanation is that the team that made the port were just terrible at coding and had about the same thinking power as a pea.

Plus why do portable counterparts always have to be stripped down?, especially condiering that there is nothing about the PS-Vita that makes it a weak platform, it has more than enough power and more than enough memory on it's game cards to support the full version of Black Ops, if the Wii can, the Vita can, this is lazy developers looking for a quick buck at it's best.

Didn't Rockstar prove with GTA LCS and VCS that a portable game doesn't have to be a featureless port? They rebuilt the entire world of Liberty City and built an entire new backstory around it, with a lengthy campaign and tons extra to do, with the things that made the console games great.

Call Of Duty Black Ops: Declassified, Does not include anything that made the console version great.
  9. Jul 13, 2013
    i just don't understand how Activision could fund such a disasters. Bugs and everywhere. players getting stuck on a door, a respawn point puts you behind enemy lines. controls don't feel good just yuck
  10. Feb 26, 2013
    El peor call of duty de la historia una campaña corta y que no aporta nada a la historia como prometían y un multijugador con mapas reciclados y lleno de lag.
  11. Jun 26, 2013
    Avoid this game, it is a broken pile of crap from Nihilistic. Animations, visuals, environments, and the bugs bring this game down. Not to mention the unstable servers. If you want a portable quality shooter experience, pre-order or go by Killzone: Mercenary when it comes out.
  12. Nov 28, 2012
    I don't actually say i dislike this game but . . . it's was a deception, i like CoD but this one just made me want more, this game could have way better also it should have used the vita system better. My conclusion is that the story sucks . . . and multiplayer bug and crash a lot so i just enjoyed the hostile mode, good try but don't deserves a good critic.
  13. Dec 29, 2012
    Pros: It's COD on the Vita!
    Cons: Everything else. Glitchy, poor performer. This game is not doing FPS on the Vita any favours! The multiplayer is not fun, nor are the missions. I really wanted this to work, but it doesn't. And believe me, I persisted!
  14. Mar 15, 2013
    The campaign is 1 hour long, has a week story, each mission is 5 minutes long, all the multiplayer maps are smaller versions of the original Black Ops (ex: Nukehouse), the hostiles mode is the same as MW3's Survival mode, Bad controls and bad AI. Its a okay game, but it has some major flaws
  15. Nov 15, 2012
    the best way to review this game for me is to describe you my experience with it and it went thus.

I visited my cousin and he has the game so I asked him to lend it to me while I'm there, so I started playing the single player like I always do and after an hour or so, done, story over, you've finished the game... Then when the shock had passed and I started to believe than a developer had the balls to charge 45 dollars for a game than I can finish quicker than a pie I went to the multiplayer in hopes that I would get something worth of the game, then I gave it back to my cousin telling him "boy I hope you're renting this". let's be honest not even the multiplayer justifies this sad excuse for even a Spunkgargleweewee. save yourself the money a get a PS Plus account
  16. Nov 17, 2012
    im really desapointed about this game, the campaing is ridiculous short, dont buy this game just for the name or because you are looking for a fps in vita, its not a right choice....
  17. Nov 14, 2012
    So they can port Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Ratchet & Clank, Playstation All Stars, Persona 4. Make decent games such as AC:Liberation and LBP... SO WHY ON EARTH DID THEY NOT PORT THE MULTI STRAIGHT TO THE VITA AND HAVE CROSS PLAY! Avoid this game like the plague.
  18. Nov 16, 2012
    Ok so this game dissappointed me very much. I was expecting a way better job from the franchise. There are too many glitches and bugs. The game causes my vita to crash at all times. Sometimes im stuck on a frozen screen, sometimes im playing multiplayer and out of no where i get booted back to the menu screen. The story mode or campaign is extremely short and easy. Overall i think theyOk so this game dissappointed me very much. I was expecting a way better job from the franchise. There are too many glitches and bugs. The game causes my vita to crash at all times. Sometimes im stuck on a frozen screen, sometimes im playing multiplayer and out of no where i get booted back to the menu screen. The story mode or campaign is extremely short and easy. Overall i think they have alot of work to do. I have seriously considered getting rid of my vita. I was one of the first to get my vita and i have been waiting since for call of duty. I am very upset at the lack of effort put into this game. Not worth getting as a christmas gift at all. Expand
  19. Nov 15, 2012
    Wow this is bad. After playing Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360, I thought it couldn't get any worse. But then I played this. The campaign is very short and on rails. Definitely not worth even close to $50.
  20. Nov 14, 2012
    Terrible game. Only given good reviews by people desperate to justify spending their money on this bomb. Save your money and go and buy something else, ANYTHING else.
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Black Ops Declassified is truly one of the most disappointing games I've bought in a while. While the graphics, guns and framerate are good, everything else is just awful. The single player campaign consists of 10 missions that last 5-10 minutes each, and there really isn't a story. The cutscenes are just pieces of declassified papers flying around with someone talking. You play as woods and Mason, but they aren't in any rendered cutscenes, because there are none. So the single player campaign is very linear, one dimensional and truly feels like a watered down port of black ops 1. Another problem I have is that the maps are very bland and boring. They all have an urban feel to them, there's no natural levels to be found. Also nuketown comes back as a map, but its been cut in half for some reason. Then there's hostiles mode, a mode where you face off against waves of soldiers similar to MW3. It was honestly the only mode I enjoyed. Then there's multiplayer, the problem isn't 4v4, the problem is the layout. I don't know why but all the times I've played online there were less than 8 people. It also takes awhile to load and you get dropped alot. Also nukehouse is very laggy online. The multiplayer is really disappointing for me. As for the game as a whole it just feels limited compared to black ops 2, even black open 1. The graphics are good but there are alot of jagged edges indicating that the game is not running at native resolution and is intact upscaled(seriously, why are all vital games upscaled?).

Overall this game was a huge disappointment. Obviously its not good if you can't even find reveiws on it. You can trust mine because I have the game and just finished it. The thing that bugged me the most was the price. This game is 49.99$ both retail and in the PlayStation Store. Why? 50$ for the retail version is a ripoff, but the digital version costs the same? For 10$ more you can get black ops 2 which is better in every single way. But this game was just a huge waste of money and makes me want to sell my vital, it's that bad. Heck, I enjoyed modern combat 2 on my android phone more than this game. Its just a very big letdown and you should just stick to consoles because its cheap, greedy stunts like this that really hurts the vital. In fact I don't think Sony cares for it, they release NOTHING for it. The latest vita app was the YouTube one they released 5 months ago. Overall do not get this game, if the price ever drops to 20$ then it would be worthwhile to me.
  22. Nov 17, 2012
    Bought the Limited Bundle edition hoping they'd be some sort of unique design to the iteration, like a call of duty logo on the back. It was my first PS Vita so I dropped my money in with the mentality that I was just buying the PS vita on sale and it just so happened to come with the COD game so if it sucked, I wouldn't be at a lost.

I have to say the game is just the worst game I have

I have to say the game is just the worst game I have experienced in such a long time. In fact, Modern Warfare on the iOS tablets have more subsistence than this game.

People that are justifying the sloppy single player and the worst AI by saying its a MP centric game is clearly in delusion. To say not to expect a console counterpart on a handheld doesn't excuse the national tragedy Nhilistic has brought upon the COD Franchise. They guy that said he took 7 hours to complete.. has to be one of the worst player ever because this game takes around 30minutes to defeat in any difficulty.. I've never seen a game finish that fast, even on a phone .99$ game.
  23. Nov 15, 2012
    I've long since lost love with the Call of Duty franchise, but even by my own checked expectations this is absolutely diabolical. It's an absolute unflattering slap to the face of anyone who purchased the Vita in confidence of developer's taking it seriously. Nihilistic have appropriately closed their doors and sworn off ever developing for retail again, as they should. This is an absoluteI've long since lost love with the Call of Duty franchise, but even by my own checked expectations this is absolutely diabolical. It's an absolute unflattering slap to the face of anyone who purchased the Vita in confidence of developer's taking it seriously. Nihilistic have appropriately closed their doors and sworn off ever developing for retail again, as they should. This is an absolute joke, the Vita is more than capable of delivering something worth standing alongside the rest of the franchise and deserved much better than this pathetic effort. Looks dates, feels dated and the absolute absence of character or identity makes Declassified feel like one of those pointless mobile download games. Nothing but a name and a couple of, barely, recognisable pixel collections. I seriously can't believe this piece of **** managed to slip on to the market. How didn't ANYONE at Nihilistic realise - oh forget it. Just avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid! Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    No suprise..To me it just seems a bit rushed this game, and it does not look interesting overall. And since the devs is the same as Resistance Burning **** lol

Anyway,This game is just another overhyped COD title, sad see gamers hyped this type game in this days...
  25. Nov 15, 2012
    This game was sentenced to die. Sony and Activision gave the game to Nihilistic Software, who was already working on Resistance Burning Skies. Both games suffered from this decision, because neither game had enough development time to make them anything better than mediocre. Most of the positive reviews are people trying to justify their purchase. Not worth your time or money. Do notThis game was sentenced to die. Sony and Activision gave the game to Nihilistic Software, who was already working on Resistance Burning Skies. Both games suffered from this decision, because neither game had enough development time to make them anything better than mediocre. Most of the positive reviews are people trying to justify their purchase. Not worth your time or money. Do not support this game otherwise more crappy games will come. Vote with your wallet. Expand
  26. Nov 14, 2012
    Even if you like the run and gun playstyle of Call of Duty this game will leave you wanting your $50 back. The controls are not very good since they use the rear touch and touchscreen for actions like trowing grenades . The campaign missions are only minutes long with no checkpoints. The enemy AI is atrocious, just standing there waiting for you to waste a bullet on them. Multiplayer mapsEven if you like the run and gun playstyle of Call of Duty this game will leave you wanting your $50 back. The controls are not very good since they use the rear touch and touchscreen for actions like trowing grenades . The campaign missions are only minutes long with no checkpoints. The enemy AI is atrocious, just standing there waiting for you to waste a bullet on them. Multiplayer maps are tiny. If you hated being killed every 10 seconds in multiplayer and bad spawn points (some of them spawn you right in your enemy's reticule sights), then you can not even imagine the chaos formed in Nukehouse, a recycled, half a map of nuke town. All maps are tiny. Call of Duty deserves better. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  27. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty Declassified was overall a disappointment. At £35 for a portable game it seemed expensive, however, the single-player campaign which was only 45 minutes was lackluster. The multi-player is 4 vs 4 on tiny maps where you spawn next to the enemy was awful. A complete embarrassment to the Call of Duty series. Note: Most of the user reviews giving it undeserved praise are PS3Call of Duty Declassified was overall a disappointment. At £35 for a portable game it seemed expensive, however, the single-player campaign which was only 45 minutes was lackluster. The multi-player is 4 vs 4 on tiny maps where you spawn next to the enemy was awful. A complete embarrassment to the Call of Duty series. Note: Most of the user reviews giving it undeserved praise are PS3 fanboys who want to defend any exclusive game, however terrible it is. Collapse
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    This game is just a bad joke, its absolutely horrible, single player ridiculous, just ten very tiny mission (keeps about 5 min each to complete), there is no story, the multiplayer is awful, it tooks me about 5 hours for play just 2 session, and also in the second one my system freeze with a nice pop up error message, people dont buy this game, dont waste money like me, this game is anThis game is just a bad joke, its absolutely horrible, single player ridiculous, just ten very tiny mission (keeps about 5 min each to complete), there is no story, the multiplayer is awful, it tooks me about 5 hours for play just 2 session, and also in the second one my system freeze with a nice pop up error message, people dont buy this game, dont waste money like me, this game is an abomination under a franchise name just for stole your money from your pocket, just one word to the developers, you should be ashamed of yourself for sell this kind of product for 50 bucks!!! Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    I went to my neighbor's house because they are the only ones with a Vita nearby. Asked to try this game. Beat it during the time I was at their house (In about an hour).

I think thats a nuff said. The online may be decent, but this doesn't live up to the COD name and it doesn't help that this isn't a true reflection of Vita's capabilities.
  30. Nov 14, 2012
    i have just spent £42.99 on this game..... absolute wast of my money! the operations are poor, the a.i is unfair to shockingly poor, the graphics for a handheld game are fine... not brilliant, the gameplay is mediocre and the online is not great, do not buy this game....

I've had my vita since launch and really want to love it... it is a great piece of kit but the software is average there are 1 or 2 great games but the last 2 that i have spent (quite a lot) of money on have been big name games, assassins creed and cod... neither of which are great come on sony! sort it out please!
  31. Nov 15, 2012

1. Declassified feels like a disappointing DLC bundle rather than a full release. In its best moments it proves that Call of Duty could work on the console, and it has some good ideas – earning XP across single-player for multiplayer unlocks is particularly neat – but it's exceptionally hard to justify how this ended up with a $70 price tag. The very best PS Vita games have proven that, in the portable market, size can still matter. This lesson has, ironically, been ignored by gaming's biggest franchise. [January 2013, p76]
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    This'll remind you of the very worst PSone FPS games. [Issue#227, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    This game should have stayed classified or, at the very least, been redacted.