4.8

1. Nov 18, 2012
    As if Black Ops 2 wasn't already meh, let's take that and make it worse! This is what this game is. The single player campaign it's just a huge borefest, piss easy and short as f*ck. The multi player it's stripped down with crappy maps and less players. If you want a great online multiplayer for your PS Vita, just wait until Phantasy Star Online 2 or Monster Hunter Hunter will come.
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    People need to stop inflating the score for this game.

I get it, you are trying to justify the purchase of your new handheld and want to see it, and Sony, succeed. You don't do that by lying to the consumer, trying to get them to buy the system and a lackluster game simply to support Sony.

The truth is, the system is just too expensive at the moment, with a games catalogue too
    insignificant to justify grabbing one at this time. For the game itself, it is CoD. The gameplay, for the most part is there. However, with this release, almost anything meaty that the series has to offer has been stripped away. The singleplayer content is astonishingly brief, the multiplayer is stripped down with small maps and a reduced player count, and the visuals themselves are simply par for the course, as far as the system goes.

It is not a game worth owning. Not at full price, anyway. If you are a die-hard CoD fan, it might be worth your while. For everyone else, wait on this, and certainly don't buy the system for it. It's a sub-par game, nothing more.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Jack Tretton from Sony should resign or be fired. He mismanaged the Vita from the start. Call Of Duty is a bigger mess than Resistance Burning Skies. Sony and Activision should have given Nihilistic the boot. It was clearly obvious that Declassified was horrible cause Activision didn't endorse it on their website. The Vita should be renamed the Morte the latin name for death cause the Vita is beyond saving. Expand
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    I've picked this game today along with the Black ops 2 itself for pc, I do not want to compare this game to Black Ops 2 since its simply a sequel to Black Ops I. Well No one ever forced sony to give this franchise to Nihilistic ! sony could buy themselves a huge score with these games....unfortunately that is only a dream. Its shame to see the single player is completed over 3-4 hours on veteran diffuclty, there is not much a story there as well....the gameplay is only limited only walking toward different alleys where the design of all of em looks quiet similar and just like resistance very dead and killing some enemies which are positioned behinde the boxed around ...
    Multiplayer experience is much better than it was on resistance although it has nth to be compared with black ops 1 itself....
    graphics are as bad as they were in Resistance, just the frame rate is more stable .... in generall its not in a same level with Uncharted, AC, NFS at all....
    well dun waste money for this game since there are much more better choices such as NFS and perhaps AC and of corz awesome choices like Zero Escape, Persona 4, LBP
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Black Ops Declassified is truly one of the most disappointing games I've bought in a while. While the graphics, guns and framerate are good, everything else is just awful. The single player campaign consists of 10 missions that last 5-10 minutes each, and there really isn't a story. The cutscenes are just pieces of declassified papers flying around with someone talking. You play as woods and Mason, but they aren't in any rendered cutscenes, because there are none. So the single player campaign is very linear, one dimensional and truly feels like a watered down port of black ops 1. Another problem I have is that the maps are very bland and boring. They all have an urban feel to them, there's no natural levels to be found. Also nuketown comes back as a map, but its been cut in half for some reason. Then there's hostiles mode, a mode where you face off against waves of soldiers similar to MW3. It was honestly the only mode I enjoyed. Then there's multiplayer, the problem isn't 4v4, the problem is the layout. I don't know why but all the times I've played online there were less than 8 people. It also takes awhile to load and you get dropped alot. Also nukehouse is very laggy online. The multiplayer is really disappointing for me. As for the game as a whole it just feels limited compared to black ops 2, even black open 1. The graphics are good but there are alot of jagged edges indicating that the game is not running at native resolution and is intact upscaled(seriously, why are all vital games upscaled?).

Overall this game was a huge disappointment. Obviously its not good if you can't even find reveiws on it. You can trust mine because I have the game and just finished it. The thing that bugged me the most was the price. This game is 49.99$ both retail and in the PlayStation Store. Why? 50$ for the retail version is a ripoff, but the digital version costs the same? For 10$ more you can get black ops 2 which is better in every single way. But this game was just a huge waste of money and makes me want to sell my vital, it's that bad. Heck, I enjoyed modern combat 2 on my android phone more than this game. Its just a very big letdown and you should just stick to consoles because its cheap, greedy stunts like this that really hurts the vital. In fact I don't think Sony cares for it, they release NOTHING for it. The latest vita app was the YouTube one they released 5 months ago. Overall do not get this game, if the price ever drops to 20$ then it would be worthwhile to me.
  6. Nov 21, 2012
    Having moderate experience with recent Call of Duty games (the last played online being Call of Duty 4), Black Ops declassified can be generalized as the typical Call of Duty game nowadays - rushed through development to be put out onto the market to bring in the cash. Thankfully, this game won't be bringing Activision much revenue as it is simply a poor game.
    The singleplayer options are
    absolutely atrocious. What little saving grace new Call of Duty games have nowadays - their campaign stories - have been omitted from this bare bone of a game. The missions are individual and unrelated, there is no story providing incentive to play the next one, checkpoints have been omitted meaning that if you die at the last second in a mission, you will have to replay the entire mission from the beginning. This provides nothing but frustration and even taking into account that Black Ops: Declassified has been developed with the idea of a portable, easy to get in and out of game, it feels like the devs have taken simplification too far.

The multiplayer whilst retaining the enjoyable and rewarding gameplay of past entries in the franchise is rife with bugs and inconsistencies. You will be lucky to successfully load one game in three, as the game simply kicks you back to the multiplayer menu with no reason and no errors to report. The maps are miniature (as in the backyard of a house) and you will often spawn with an enemy either in your sights or aiming at your head.
    Customization options are however acceptable and have some levels of depth, but then again, that is expected of a game in today's FPS genre.

My verdict? Unless you're a die-hard CoD fan with a Vita and money to burn, don't bother.
  7. Nov 21, 2012
    This is a waste of an unbelievable property. I finished the campaign in one sitting.....That's right, about an hour. I would score game play on its on a 6 or 7, but what good is game play when you don't have time to enjoy it. Shame on you Activision. Let Blizzard start okaying your games or something. This also gives a black eye to an already ailing Vita, which is capable of amazing original games such as Uncharted and Assassin's Creed Liberation. Expand
  8. Apr 29, 2013
    Its no secret that the Vita isn't as much of a success as Sony hoped it would be, so they figured they would just get one of Sony's biggest titles, slap it on the cover of a game, and sell it like hotcakes. The Vitas previous FPS game Resistance: Burning Skies was a flop, and despite its failure, Sony has hired THE SAME DEVELOPER to create their Call of Duty game. Trust me when I say, this game is NOT Call of Duty. The weapons, Maps, and music may seem familiar to Black Ops on the PS3, but dont expect this to live up to the expectations of the big Call of Duty titles. There is no story, the gameplay is nothing new, and the graphics have actually only gotten worse since Resistance: Burning Skies. I dont know if this was all due to the developers only have 6 months to make the game, or simply laziness. The game does, however, have a few good sides. Nihilistic (the games developer) now has added some extra content for solo play. There are now both Hostiles mode and Time Trials. Hostiles is fun, but its relatively simple and may lead to you just quitting due to the dumb AI. And the Time Trials mode is essentially a variety of training levels stretched into a whole game mode. Now the thing that really hurts the game is the lack of Zombies. Fans of Call of Duty: World at War and Black Ops should be very familiar with Zombies as it is one of the greatest ideas in Call of Duty history. Well, Zombies is gone and without it, the game is just no good. Finally, the only upside to the game is the Multiplayer. While the multiplayer is not up to par with Black Ops on the consols, its still relatively fun. Fans of Call of Duty should feel right at home with its classes, killstreaks, and perks. SCORE: 4.0/10 Expand
  9. Jan 4, 2014
    Call of duty is gaming biggest series that sell about more than a million copies at launch. I have been a fan of the series for just two years and I think the series is best known on consoles like the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii (no one plays on it anymore), Wii U, and recently on the Xbox One and PS4. There were also ports of the games on the Nintendo DS, but they unique end up being bad for most of them. In 2012 (I think) Activision announce a new Call of Duty game for the vita later that year. It could be the best Call of Duty game on a handheld and when it was released the game got negative reviews both from fans and critics getting fours to even a one out of ten. I purchase the game to the reason why it consider bad first the campaign if you call it that is incredibly short it would take forty-five minutes to complete the campaign making it the short to play through and plus the story doesn't make any sense having the Black Ops characters go through missions with no sense at all. The voice acting is horrible minus Frank Wood's voice actor is still here and the checkpoint system is completely gone making levels hard to complete levels on higher difficulty. The positives the gameplay is the same like other games in the series and the multiplayer is good to come back and play. The last thing a need to say the game was developed in five months and that a fact. Don't play this game, play the new killzone on the Vita instead. Also the game come with Call of Duty Road to Victory for PSP downloadable making the game fifty dollars it's better than this game. Expand
  10. Feb 14, 2014
    There is indeed a game here. It IS fun. It IS indeed a COD game on a handheld. However, Its as though they've never actually played their own finished product. There are so many niggling refinements that need to be made and without them it makes for a VERY frustrating experience. The AI know where you are at ALL times. They are already shooting you before you come around the corner. On top of that, whenever you are shot, your aim jumps 20 feet up so its impossible to bring it back down to shoot the guy that is shooting you. There are invisible objects, and things you just get stuck on. If you are an achievement hunter, this game will frustrate you beyond anything imaginable. Unfortunately, trophy hunting is the only way to keep playing the single player. Its VERY short. It takes longer to get through all of the annoying slow motion "cut-scenes" at the beginning when you have to repeat play for 3 stars. Expand
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    This game was sentenced to die. Sony and Activision gave the game to Nihilistic Software, who was already working on Resistance Burning Skies. Both games suffered from this decision, because neither game had enough development time to make them anything better than mediocre. Most of the positive reviews are people trying to justify their purchase. Not worth your time or money. Do not support this game otherwise more crappy games will come. Vote with your wallet. Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2012
    I went to my neighbor's house because they are the only ones with a Vita nearby. Asked to try this game. Beat it during the time I was at their house (In about an hour).

I think thats a nuff said. The online may be decent, but this doesn't live up to the COD name and it doesn't help that this isn't a true reflection of Vita's capabilities.
  13. Nov 14, 2012
    i have just spent £42.99 on this game..... absolute wast of my money! the operations are poor, the a.i is unfair to shockingly poor, the graphics for a handheld game are fine... not brilliant, the gameplay is mediocre and the online is not great, do not buy this game....

I've had my vita since launch and really want to love it... it is a great piece of kit but the software is
    average there are 1 or 2 great games but the last 2 that i have spent (quite a lot) of money on have been big name games, assassins creed and cod... neither of which are great come on sony! sort it out please! Expand
  14. Nov 17, 2012
    Bought the Limited Bundle edition hoping they'd be some sort of unique design to the iteration, like a call of duty logo on the back. It was my first PS Vita so I dropped my money in with the mentality that I was just buying the PS vita on sale and it just so happened to come with the COD game so if it sucked, I wouldn't be at a lost.

I have to say the game is just the worst game I have
    experienced in such a long time. In fact, Modern Warfare on the iOS tablets have more subsistence than this game.

People that are justifying the sloppy single player and the worst AI by saying its a MP centric game is clearly in delusion. To say not to expect a console counterpart on a handheld doesn't excuse the national tragedy Nhilistic has brought upon the COD Franchise. They guy that said he took 7 hours to complete.. has to be one of the worst player ever because this game takes around 30minutes to defeat in any difficulty.. I've never seen a game finish that fast, even on a phone .99$ game.
  15. TGR
    Nov 22, 2012
    Disappointing. That's one of the many words I could use to describe just how bad Call of Duty: Black Ops Decalcified is. From its pointless campaign to its buggy multiplayer. Declassified's campaign has stupid A.I.s who shoot at walls and stare at you. The story is pointless with missions giving you a random reason to go in and kill some guys. It has nothing to do with the Black Ops story line. It's multiplayer is buggy and has horrible maps. On the bright side it stays true to the franchises multiplayer modes and the ability to create a class. This game is not worth picking up. You are way better off spending that forty dollars on some fun smaller games on PSStore, Xbox Arcade, or Steam. Expand
  16. Nov 28, 2012
    I don't actually say i dislike this game but . . . it's was a deception, i like CoD but this one just made me want more, this game could have way better also it should have used the vita system better. My conclusion is that the story sucks . . . and multiplayer bug and crash a lot so i just enjoyed the hostile mode, good try but don't deserves a good critic.
  17. Mar 15, 2013
    The campaign is 1 hour long, has a week story, each mission is 5 minutes long, all the multiplayer maps are smaller versions of the original Black Ops (ex: Nukehouse), the hostiles mode is the same as MW3's Survival mode, Bad controls and bad AI. Its a okay game, but it has some major flaws
  18. May 19, 2013
    Black ops declassified the 2nd FPS on the ps vita had a lot of hype surrounding it but the execution was horrible the game had nothing good the only thing it did ok was the shooting it feels a bit clunky but it manges to get the job done (with the aim assist turned on) but everything else is broken to performance issues glitches and other mad mishaps if you look on my black ops 2 review you see i have lost hope on the call of duty franchise but this abomination of a game has completely destroyed.
    do not buy this game! never buy this game! not even if its £1 pound at game station it is a pile of mess
  19. Dec 27, 2013
    What was originally planned to be the Vita's "big break" in todays competitive market ultimately resulted in what I can only see as one of the most disappointing games of the generation. Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, while occasionally guilty fun, is the epitome of disappointment. Declassified's single player content is broken up into three modes: Contracts, Hostiles, & Time Trials. Operations mode is nothing more than a series of uninspired missions. Additonally, these missions can be completed in under an hour on the preset difficulty. Oddly enough, players can earn XP from completeing these missions. Unfortunately, this XP cannot be transferred to multiplayer. This bears the question of why this was even added in at all. This really is a sorry excuse for a campaign. Next is Time Trials mode, which is definitely the odd one of the bunch. Time Trials is basically just target practice with a timer. This is undoubtedly the least interesting of Declassified's modes, as well as the easiest. The last of the single player content is Hostiles. In Hostiles, players face off against endless waves of enemies. This mode had a lot of potential. Unfortunately, it falls flat. The lack of co-op support means players will have to go in solo. Without anyone to play with, this mode was outright boring. This is easily the best of the single player modes, but that isn't saying much. Unfortunately, things don't get much better in multiplayer. Maps are just inferior rehashes from previous games. Also, accuracy plays practically no part in Declassified. Simply spraying your weapon is the best way to go. Finally, connection in general is horrid. Every two out three matches will crash, even with a perfect connection. Declassified developer Nihilistic clearly had a "quantity over quality" mindset when creating Declassified. Overall, Declassified feels rushed, boring, and broken. Its one redeeming value is it's multiplayer, at least when it works. Expand
  20. Nov 15, 2012
    I've long since lost love with the Call of Duty franchise, but even by my own checked expectations this is absolutely diabolical. It's an absolute unflattering slap to the face of anyone who purchased the Vita in confidence of developer's taking it seriously. Nihilistic have appropriately closed their doors and sworn off ever developing for retail again, as they should. This is an absolute joke, the Vita is more than capable of delivering something worth standing alongside the rest of the franchise and deserved much better than this pathetic effort. Looks dates, feels dated and the absolute absence of character or identity makes Declassified feel like one of those pointless mobile download games. Nothing but a name and a couple of, barely, recognisable pixel collections. I seriously can't believe this piece of **** managed to slip on to the market. How didn't ANYONE at Nihilistic realise - oh forget it. Just avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid! Expand
  21. Nov 14, 2012
    Terrible game. Only given good reviews by people desperate to justify spending their money on this bomb. Save your money and go and buy something else, ANYTHING else.
  22. NT1
    Nov 17, 2012
    This is the biggest **** for a PS Vita owner. What I expected was a action packed single player like the other CoD games. Instead, this game is meant for multiplayer, and multiplayer only. I DONT WANT TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER ON A HANDHELD!!! Because it's crap and i don't want an online experience. I want to play a thrilling single player with lots of explosions and **** Nothing thrilling on this. Buy Resistance Burning Skies instead. Expand
  23. Nov 14, 2012
    What a shame. The game is incredibly unimpressive given the system it's on license it is supposed to represent. I find it astonishing that users here rate games like halo 4 and black ops 2 down, but put all their support behind this unfinished turd in alpha state. Nihilistic changed its name during development, I suspect it's to avoid any connection with this game in the future. Resistance burning skies was actually better than this game. Expand
  24. Jul 13, 2013
    i just don't understand how Activision could fund such a disasters. Bugs and everywhere. players getting stuck on a door, a respawn point puts you behind enemy lines. controls don't feel good just yuck
  25. Nov 17, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is a total nonsense game that relies only on the name of the franchise to offer an unfinished product with numerous errors. A title totally expendable and it adds nothing to the catalog of Vita.
  26. May 1, 2013
    This has absolutely the worst single player shooter I can ever remember playing. The fact that I even finished the missions is a testament to my own stubborn bloody mindedness. This is an utterly awful game and I'm ashamed of myself for even playing it.
  27. Jul 28, 2013
    This is a buggy horrible mess!

The 1 hour long campaign lacking a story line bored me to death.

Nearly unplayable due to massive look acceleration.

Nauseatingly low FOV.

Random crashes.

Can only play multiplayer if you have a NAT type 2 Internet connection.

FPS Issues.

Good

The create a class system is just the same.

Has kill streaks.
  28. Nov 26, 2012
    This atrocity almost made me regret buying Sony's hardcore handheld. It's just another nail to the coffin of struggling piece of hardware. Biggest franchise on most advanced and hardcore-oriented turned out enormous in terms of failure and overpriced in terms of bang for a buck epicly epic flop. Great showcase of Vita's future. Can't believe Sony allowed Activision to do this. Can't believe Sony certificated this atrocity. It doesn't even work without crashing and freezing the whole system. No awesomeness of Little Big Planet on Vita can't fix this damage done to platform. Thanks for free psn plus month I can play games that don't SUCK AT LITERALLY EVERYTHING, and not broken to the point of resetting the whole Vita mid-match. Way to go, Sony and Activision, good work. Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    This game it so boring, broken and no fun at all, that i cant recommend this game under no circumstances to anyone ever. Almost no sp, bad mp make this game an insult to every gamer. Better play the real COD on 360/PS3.
  30. Nov 15, 2012
    Call of Duty Declassified was overall a disappointment. At £35 for a portable game it seemed expensive, however, the single-player campaign which was only 45 minutes was lackluster. The multi-player is 4 vs 4 on tiny maps where you spawn next to the enemy was awful. A complete embarrassment to the Call of Duty series. Note: Most of the user reviews giving it undeserved praise are PS3 fanboys who want to defend any exclusive game, however terrible it is. Expand

1. Declassified feels like a disappointing DLC bundle rather than a full release. In its best moments it proves that Call of Duty could work on the console, and it has some good ideas – earning XP across single-player for multiplayer unlocks is particularly neat – but it's exceptionally hard to justify how this ended up with a $70 price tag. The very best PS Vita games have proven that, in the portable market, size can still matter. This lesson has, ironically, been ignored by gaming's biggest franchise. [January 2013, p76]
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    This'll remind you of the very worst PSone FPS games. [Issue#227, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    This game should have stayed classified or, at the very least, been redacted.