7.5

1. Apr 21, 2012
    Nice (except the design of all characters - pixel art ?!), fun and really addictive. I regret few things like the bad use of the touchscreen, absence of localisation (ger, fra, ita, esp, ...) and the price (too high imo).
  2. Apr 23, 2012
    This game is an amazing port that works out very well on the vita, unfortunately NIS did not really bother working out the rear touch pad or front touch pad controls, so right off the bat I had to disable them in the options not because I did not like them, but because they were un-useable. aside from this its another great game that follows a boy as he reaches for his goals to defeat theThis game is an amazing port that works out very well on the vita, unfortunately NIS did not really bother working out the rear touch pad or front touch pad controls, so right off the bat I had to disable them in the options not because I did not like them, but because they were un-useable. aside from this its another great game that follows a boy as he reaches for his goals to defeat the overlord. The story follows much like the first one, but with new characters and more motives. The new magichange system along with the ability to combine most specials adds another layer of debt to this already deep gameplay. The only other snag in the game is that most characters are forced to buy new skills and level them up through mana. This is very annoying to anyone whos played the others and now realizes they just need to build up mana instead of grinding a new character up to a new skill, though some can still only be unlocked through leveling up. The in ability to have a pupil character stand next to a master and have him learn the still is another irritation I found very bothersome since it was a technique I used quite often. So besides its minor flaws and terrible use of the touch pads, Disgaea 3 is a faithful port that will be a game long time fans and new comers a like can add to their limited library of vita games. Collapse

1. Aug 14, 2012
    Underneath its wisecracking exterior, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention offers enough depth to keep a determined player occupied for over a hundred hours if they so wish it, while also entertaining folks that just want to play a game for its story and multiple endings.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jun 18, 2012
    Really, it's your enthusiasm for the game and some repeated battling that makes Disgaea's system actually sink in. [July 2012, p.111]
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    All in all, Disgaea 3: AOD is a wholehearted recommendation; a fun, challenging time that will last as long as a player wants it to.