8.2

1. Aug 15, 2014
    Disgaea 4 is a brilliant strategy rpg that fits perfectly for the vita. Party, weapon, and armor customization is very high in this game, satisfying those who want to wish to alter strategies in order to beat tough maps. Combat is turn based grid combat that is addicting and enjoyable. Those who may be apprehensive about this kind of rpg may find a wealth of fun and creativity in theDisgaea 4 is a brilliant strategy rpg that fits perfectly for the vita. Party, weapon, and armor customization is very high in this game, satisfying those who want to wish to alter strategies in order to beat tough maps. Combat is turn based grid combat that is addicting and enjoyable. Those who may be apprehensive about this kind of rpg may find a wealth of fun and creativity in the battle system. The combat is tedious, so those looking for a quick win aren't going to be happy with this. The story is quirky and humorous, with great characters carried by excellent voice acting. The challenge is great in this game, forcing you to restart the entire story if you fail (unless you reload). Even failure leads to extra cutscenes and dialogue describing your failure and it's consequences. The art is charming and smooth, as well as adding a nice flare to the typical Japanese animation with unique looking characters. the game features a wealth of post game content that is sure to keep players busy for hundreds of hours. Grinding is made more appealing by leveling items and attacks along the way, though do to difficulty spikes you may find yourself doing this more often that you anticipate. Overall this is an enjoyable and deep srpg that is a must for Disgaea fans and a gem amongst the vita rpg collecton, though it is not best suited to those new to the rpg genre. Expand
  2. Aug 17, 2014
    It's a must have if you're into Disgaea. If you like turn-based SRPG's, like Final Fantasy Tactics, then you should also definitely get this; the humor is light, and the characters are cooky. The only thing is is that this game involves heavy grinding if you want to complete everything beyond the story.

TL;DR - Like turn-based SRPG's? Buy this.
  3. Aug 19, 2014
    This game is Amazing
    every thing about it is amazing
    its time consuming to maximize everything but it gives you abnormal challenges that makes it worthwhile.
  4. Sep 28, 2014
    Fantastic strategy game, every psv owner should buy this!
    It will take more than 100 hours to finish this game with many game features.
    If you are a streategy fan, then get this one and you will not regret.
  5. Oct 14, 2014
    This game is the reason why I bought PS Vita. Was not disappointed and after 100 hours of gameplay I finally felt a need to take a break but there is still more stuff to do in the game. It has some issues like FPS dropdown in Item World and Chara World as well as crash with certain monster personality sounds but it is not gamebreaking. Best game in the series gameplay-wise too, perfect forThis game is the reason why I bought PS Vita. Was not disappointed and after 100 hours of gameplay I finally felt a need to take a break but there is still more stuff to do in the game. It has some issues like FPS dropdown in Item World and Chara World as well as crash with certain monster personality sounds but it is not gamebreaking. Best game in the series gameplay-wise too, perfect for hand held console. Expand
  6. Oct 11, 2015
    Best Disgaea since 1 in terms of humor, and characters. Valvatorez is as awesome as Laharl, despite having a completely different personality. Supporting cast is just as memorable, Fuka and Emizel more so than others. Expect to laugh out loud at some of the scenes so you may want to think twice about playing this in public. The central plot isn't as strong, but story is rarely the strengthBest Disgaea since 1 in terms of humor, and characters. Valvatorez is as awesome as Laharl, despite having a completely different personality. Supporting cast is just as memorable, Fuka and Emizel more so than others. Expect to laugh out loud at some of the scenes so you may want to think twice about playing this in public. The central plot isn't as strong, but story is rarely the strength of the series.

Gameplay, as expected, is much deeper than its predecessors. I am quite worn out by the previous titles so I did not get too much into the endgame this time around but I'm sure it would take me hundreds of hours again to get the most out of it. Item world is more developed and has branching routes.

It's one of the best, if not the best tactical RPGs you can get on vita.
  7. Feb 24, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is definitely the best version of the disgaea series I had ever played. The storyline was quite interesting. That the conflict existed 400 years before, and continued to exist in the present time. The amount of leveling is child's play to me, but it was fun. It only took me three weeks to max all status on ten characters. Aside from the leveling, if the time is taken to understand the storyline, then it can be seen that everything revolves around the past event, which was a nice turn in the series. Though, if the story was a bit longer, it would have been flawless, but nonetheless, I have to rate it a 10. Mainly due to the story, and the grinding. Expand
  8. Feb 14, 2015
    I am terrible at tactical rpgs even though i enjoy the concept. kinda like a love hate relationship (i love them and they hate me). That being said disgaea 4 was the answer! the game is deep and chalenging but easy to pick up even for some one who sucks at tacrpgs.

positives: graphics are really polished, enemies are quite varied, storyline is engaging, characters are well fleshed out and the dialogue can be serious or have you dieing of laughter all in the right places.

Negatives: The soundtrack is a little on the dull side and the god awful camera angles make controlling the characters annoying when the levels in the random dungeons get a little... odd.

overall recommended even to the inept at tacrpgs.
  9. Oct 21, 2015
    This is my first review and I think that this game deserves that. I have always loved JRPG´S and tactical games and I knew about Disgaea games but never tried them. Recently they were on sale on PSN and I thought that it was a good time to try one of them, and why not the last one? When the game starts, you can see the amazing use of anime scenes, sprites and gameplay. Disgaea are knownThis is my first review and I think that this game deserves that. I have always loved JRPG´S and tactical games and I knew about Disgaea games but never tried them. Recently they were on sale on PSN and I thought that it was a good time to try one of them, and why not the last one? When the game starts, you can see the amazing use of anime scenes, sprites and gameplay. Disgaea are known for their jokes and comical story and...totally true, even if this game has a good story, you cant really take it seriously because of...SARDINES. Sardines everywhere. Still, I´ve laughed a lot while playing and still didnt lose interest on how the story. Now that I´ve talked about the story (8/10) and the visual style (10/10), I have to talk about the most surprising part of this game, the gameplay. I thought that they were similar to games like FFTactics or Fire emblem but even if it looks like that, its far more...complete, not hard. I suppose that if you played every Disgaea, you should know about the Item World, Geo Blocks, Magichange and everything but for someone new to the serie its BIG. Even after I got it a month ago I still keep discovering new things (new classes, new options)... its just amazing. Besides, this version brings all DLC´s from the PS3 version wich makes this...yeah, HUGE.
    With all that I´ve said until now I have to give this game a 10, its my personal discovery of this year, I love it and I think that I still have a lot to play and enjoy.
    TL;DR Story: 8/10, Graphics (10/10), Gameplay (15/10), Duration (15/10), Music (8/10).

1. Sep 30, 2014
    The characters are great, the gameplay is smart and the story is both parts touching and hilarious. While the game can have slightly confusing controls and some lackluster features, it doesn't diminish this experience of a funny RPG that has so much content for $39.99.
  2. Sep 25, 2014
    Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited doesn't innovate much, but it's still one of the best chapters in the series and a perfect fit for the PS Vita. Strongly recommended.
  3. Games Master UK