7.2

1. Sep 26, 2013
    At first, i totally hated this game. It was pathetic to me. I hated it and every last bit of it. I kept thinking to myself "wow, what a bad game", and yet i kept coming back for more and playing it repeatedly, until i just realized "hey, this game is actually really cool!". While it lacks content a bit (there's a really fun single player story mode, a 2 player mode, where u have to fightAt first, i totally hated this game. It was pathetic to me. I hated it and every last bit of it. I kept thinking to myself "wow, what a bad game", and yet i kept coming back for more and playing it repeatedly, until i just realized "hey, this game is actually really cool!". While it lacks content a bit (there's a really fun single player story mode, a 2 player mode, where u have to fight using 2 buttons each on the same controller and an online mode), the games unique combat is still really fun. Its kind of so bad it's good, and is reallllly fun, despire being simple. The game is extremely satisfying when you smash an enemy in the head and hear "HEADSHOT". Each charecter (except for dive, kick and kenny) have unique fighting styles, for example, some can fly, spit fire, and some can shoot lightning, and they all control fairly differently. The roster is also epic, with a giant skunk ape, to a demon wearing straight jackets who like making fun of people.

In short, the game is really fun, and worth the purchase
  2. Nov 24, 2013
    Divekick isn't your average fighter. It's the only game with two-buttons for attack and no joystick control. This game is either you like it or you don't. Me, this game purely fun, simple, and just fun. When you step into multiplayer with a friend, it gets even more fun. Give it a shot, you may end up liking it.

1. Sep 30, 2013
    Divekick's ultra-basic approach is a revelation if you're looking to understand fighting games. And if you're prepared to look past the in-jokes found here, then this is an essential purchase.
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    With only two buttons and 20-second rounds, DiveKick may sound too simple to be any fun. But that's where you're wrong. This is a game that will not only bring new fans to the genre, but also keep the hardcore fighting fans coming back for more. Throw in a memorable cast of characters and you have one of this year's best fighting games.
  3. Sep 1, 2013
    I'm all for interesting choices and humor when making a game, but the appeal of a one-trick pony like Divekick wore off after just a few minutes. Like, five. Perhaps people steeped in the fighting game scene or those with friends (and beer) nearby might get more out of it than I did, but I can't imagine that many players will find value in this drawn-out gag.