7.2

1. Mar 27, 2014
    Great game but very, very badly optimized for the Vita. Huge framerate drops makes some stages almost unplayable. I had to ask for a refund. A game in this state shouldn't be released.
  2. Jun 21, 2014
    This game is AWESOME! I honestly DID NOT suspect I'll like it. To be perfectly clear I'm not even into this type of games but surprisingly DW8 is something I enjoy a lot.
    I won't write much about this game because there is nothing to write. It is just killing hordes of enemies like maniac. Seriously it is addictive.
    Best game to watch TV and play.
  3. Mar 27, 2014
    The game is playable, just VERY MUCH needs a patch. There is no question that this patch will be released because Japan got one a month after their release. Get this game once the frame rate patch is released.

I highly recommend Dynasty Warriors NEXT which is perfect for the vita, runs incredible, and creates a better "On the Go" experience
  4. Mar 30, 2014
    I understand that, being newly released, this version of the game has some serious framerate issues. However, setting that aside, I'm quite proud of Tecmo Koei for bring the full blown experience to the vita. Now, I can take my dw8 with me on the go. Copying the save data over involved plenty of trial and error (thanks to my own lack of knowlege), however, once getting that taken care of, it's like I'm remote playing the game on my ps3.
    Now there are a few things I don't like about this game (besides the soon-to-be patched frame rate)
    The sound: Now, I know it's a port, but the sound is almost horrendous. Music is nice and rich and clear, but the sound effects and in-game voicing (EX attack voices, etc. Not the word bubble voicing) is very low quality, and if you have a decent pair of headphones, like me, you will definitely notice that and it is just a bit of a let down. But after playing AC3: Liberation, I'm used to this.
    The graphics: Again, it's a port. And, in a DW game, graphics don't mean as much as they would in most other games. However, since they kept the in-game rendered cutscenes, the close ups look awful, and some of the blur effects pixelate the whole screen. The cutscenes tend to bring about that frame rate issue as well, so they're not quite liked at this moment.
    Now for what I liked about the new version.
    Expanded free mode and Ambition mode: While I was skeptical while watching the trailer video, I'm finding out that I like the new additions. Three body guards instead of one, and they now have special abilities. You can use those body guards in free mode as well. Dueling online is also quite fun and brings back memories of stupid victories from DW4 Hyper.
    Unlike DW NEXT, all the models on screen now have acting clothing physics. Capes now flutter for any character on screen, instead of just you. A small thing, but I really like this nonetheless. DW's physics are a thing of beauty to me.
    Playability. I was worried how they'd incorporate the rage meter and calling your horse without the added shoulder buttons, but that's pretty easy. Map is switched by tapping the map, horse is called by holding a finger on the screen anywhere but the map and rage meter. Rage is triggered by tapping the rage meter. I haven't seen any implementation of the rear touch pad, but to me, that's a good thing, as I don't want to accidentally do something by touching the touch pad.
    All in all, it's DW8XL, without the extra disc, and portable. I love it just as much, and the music being output in the vita's stereo speakers is really nice. Audio programming made the speakers sound wider apart and the music just has a nice sound stage.
    One thought though. Zhang Liao's voice acting: I don't like the new voicing for Zhang Liao. I first noticed it in the battle of Hulao Gate on Lu Bu's forces. He sounds snotty now. I preferred the deep, experienced and fitting voice of the warrior from the original dw8. The quality is there, but I don't like the voice itself. Just a personal gripe.
  5. Apr 1, 2014
    this is a very good game new features characters and many more my favorites is that every characters can use any form of weapons but the REAL thing this game needs right now is a update / patch to fix the frame rate issue you know it sucks to play dynasty warrior kind of game and it get lag

1. Jun 4, 2014
    The Dynasty Warriors series continues to march in place.
  2. May 20, 2014
    Don’t get me wrong, Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends is a ton of fun, but that is coming from a long-time fan of the series. If you know what to expect from the game, you will enjoy having access to the complete package on the go with its insane amount of content and replay. However, I am afraid that some of the technical hiccups are going to scare away gamers who get their introduction via this port.
  3. Apr 14, 2014
    Dynasty Warriors fits perfectly on the console and I personally feel that’s where it should stay.