7.8

1. Sep 21, 2014
    that one simple game of blowing s*it up in future style with the exception of monsters invading? welcome to this game! the gameplay is rough with the exception of good combat...barely any story to me...its worthy of it being a vita game since the experience wouldn't be the same on consoles. touchscreen sometimes comes into play. this game is ok and worth waiting for if your iffy about it.that one simple game of blowing s*it up in future style with the exception of monsters invading? welcome to this game! the gameplay is rough with the exception of good combat...barely any story to me...its worthy of it being a vita game since the experience wouldn't be the same on consoles. touchscreen sometimes comes into play. this game is ok and worth waiting for if your iffy about it. its a great game in my opinion thou so...8/10 Expand
  2. Jan 6, 2014
    its the b movie of video games, i may just love it for that reason alone. But with the very long campaign, the decent graphics for a portable game, and hundreds of guns to unlock, this game was well worth my money, and my time.
  3. Jan 21, 2013
    Crazy and exhilarating... the fps down sometimes bugged me but it's okay though... I screamed like crazy while playing.. mostly when it's spider part..
  4. Jan 14, 2013
    YOU LIKE DEATH? THEN DIE!!! Man, I love this game. Sure the "graphics" are poor (even when compared to its xbox 360 counterpart) The "polish" is lackluster, and the animations are laughably stiff, if you resonate on the same level as this game, you'll have a blast. When a giant horde of bouncing alien spiders outnumbering you 1000 to one is slowly and mercilessly bounding your way, andYOU LIKE DEATH? THEN DIE!!! Man, I love this game. Sure the "graphics" are poor (even when compared to its xbox 360 counterpart) The "polish" is lackluster, and the animations are laughably stiff, if you resonate on the same level as this game, you'll have a blast. When a giant horde of bouncing alien spiders outnumbering you 1000 to one is slowly and mercilessly bounding your way, and all you have is a rocket launcher to literally "launch" the aliens hundreds of feet, the awesomeness indescribable. If you've always wanted to play a ridiculously silly old school Japanese monster/invasion movie in video game form look no further. Come for the sillyness and camp, stay for the addictive gameplay. But, be a little weary of the repetitiveness. Also, the addition of a new character and fully functioning online coop over the xbox 360 version is fantastic and gives the game a lot of staying power. On a side note, the bite sized nature of the missions is perfectly suited for online play. Expand
  5. Jan 10, 2013
    nice and hectic multiplayer 3d shooter !
    coop play was very popular in japan and always fun.
    messaging during the game makes this a slightly crazy experience 'edf edf !!'
    also nice that you have tons of weopons and a special jetpack character to
    unlock.
    in the last level the graphics can get a bit choppy. really fun game!
  6. Jan 21, 2013

1. Everything about EDF 2017 is a slog. Graphically atrocious and sonically awful, low-res buildings comically disappear after being grazed by heavy weaponry. While the bugs and bots twitch and spasm around their own character models, the bipedal robots are the worst offenders here, often getting caught up in their own limbs. [March 2013, p79]
  2. Mar 21, 2013
    Unpretentious in the extreme, comical by accident, irritating when it wants to be. [Issue#229, p.80]
  3. Mar 17, 2013
    It’s far from a perfect game, but it is extremely entertaining and Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable is proof that the joy of playing a game is far more important than graphics and physics. If the developers had put just a little more time in fixing some of the bugs and the presentation it would have been an instant classic.