7.4

1. Feb 16, 2012
    This game is sloppy fun. I don't remember a game that I actually enjoyed dieing (except for ghost trick? but that doesn't count). It's as if you are meant to kill these little things over and over and over. the back touch is strange, but it just works. Some of the level names had me do a double take, like "Facial of Death" That sounds like you're taking a lawnmower to your face...This game is sloppy fun. I don't remember a game that I actually enjoyed dieing (except for ghost trick? but that doesn't count). It's as if you are meant to kill these little things over and over and over. the back touch is strange, but it just works. Some of the level names had me do a double take, like "Facial of Death" That sounds like you're taking a lawnmower to your face... or something else. And the main bad guy, (is he bad?) is Bakuki, don't spell it wrong. Took awhile to wrap my head around the whole tap swipe control thing, but it actually ends up working really well, tilting the vita and squeezing lil to fart him/her? in the direction of the spikes you want to hit. Over all I love it. Expand
  2. Feb 21, 2012
    Excellent launch title. It has brilliant graphics, dark humor, challenging puzzles.
    My only frustration was getting stuck doing a particular puzzle over and over and over because my timing was a "teeny weeny" bit off, particularly when front and rear touch was required.
  3. Mar 4, 2012
    This game is awesome. I'm not sure why it didn't score well among journalist but I have a lot of fun playing it. Also the puzzles are really challenging. I haven't had this much trouble figuring out puzzles since Portal. If you like being challenged, I recommend this to you.
  4. Feb 24, 2012
    A charming, creative, and artistic puzzle game marred only by the Vita's form factor. It's controls make fantastic, intuitive use of the front and back touch panels but by doing so it makes the Vita very difficult to hold. It doesn't help that the game also encourages you to use as little gestures as possible to finish the puzzles, penalizing you for holding the Vita while touching theA charming, creative, and artistic puzzle game marred only by the Vita's form factor. It's controls make fantastic, intuitive use of the front and back touch panels but by doing so it makes the Vita very difficult to hold. It doesn't help that the game also encourages you to use as little gestures as possible to finish the puzzles, penalizing you for holding the Vita while touching the back screen. There is also a question about the value of the game, as the $15 doesn't get you that many hours of content.

Regardless, it's still a great gem from the Vita's launch and I greatly enjoy it.
  5. Nov 13, 2014
    It's an incredibly charming experience. The music and striking black-and-white graphics make it feel like an old silent film. That alone sets it apart from your puzzler, however it's the the bite-sized and often challenging levels that make it worth playing.

It uses just about every touch-screen control option the Vita has, and while sometimes not always 100% reliable, particularly when the rear touch-screen is involved, it's a unique way to do things that pays off in the end. The levels themselves will test your brain and reflexes, and are overall excellently made. It's a brief experience, but so far the developers have made up for that with tons of free DLC levels that are available in the updates.

"Escape Plan" is a unique, charming, and very fun puzzle game. The occasional issues with the touch controls can lead to some frustrating deaths, but overall everything works and it makes great use of the Vita's unique control options. Puzzle game fans should really check this one out. Even if it isn't really your genre the game offers enough accessibility and fun that it's still worth grabbing for your Vita. My total score for the game is an 8.9/10.
  6. Jul 17, 2012
    I'll keep it simple.
    Pros:
    - Gorgeous art style and direction. I really dig the noir feel. - Some puzzles can be creative. - The game runs well with no frame rate issues or clipping. Cons: - It isn't too deep. I had no reason to come back for more after I beat it. - While the score fits the game at some points, the music is just boring and flat in general. - Too simple. - Really,
    I'll keep it simple.
    Pros:
    - Gorgeous art style and direction. I really dig the noir feel.
    - Some puzzles can be creative.
    - The game runs well with no frame rate issues or clipping.
    - Too simple.
    - Really, really sloppy controls.
    Final thoughts: The game is nothing more than a glorified tech demo and does little to make itself worth a 15$ price tag. It's a mediocre experience that doesn't last very long and more importantly, isn't that much fun along the way.
  7. Feb 16, 2012
    I haven't had fun playing a puzzle game since Portal 2. I especially love the black & white world. Also it's only $15. I'd recommend this game to anybody.
  8. Feb 16, 2012
    Escape Plan is my favorite Vita game to date. It has a really cool style and intuitive controls. I find myself cracking up at all the usual ways Lil and Laarg can die.
  9. Feb 25, 2012
    One of the best Vita games! Really fun, great black-and-white theme, and challenging too. Cool game, and really enjoyed my time. This is a must-have game for Vita
  10. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is annoying. I spent more time wrestling with the controls than using my brain to solve the puzzles. It annoying puts the number of deaths on your character and every time I look at it I am reminded that half of that number is because those guys wouldn't do what I wanted them to do. Seems like it was meant for the iPhone with all the touch controls. The Vita has a niceThis game is annoying. I spent more time wrestling with the controls than using my brain to solve the puzzles. It annoying puts the number of deaths on your character and every time I look at it I am reminded that half of that number is because those guys wouldn't do what I wanted them to do. Seems like it was meant for the iPhone with all the touch controls. The Vita has a nice control pad they could have used. Really hate this game and I already removed it from my Vita. Dokuro is a much better game despite it being $5 more. Expand
  11. Jun 14, 2012
    I Previously reviewed this game and gave it a 7 due to various problems with how the game handled and the longevity of the game being cons and the pros being style and for its general substance. However I now feel this game is substantially better than it was upon its intial realease as Fun Bits Interactive have repeatedly updated the game to be in a much more playable and enjoyable gameI Previously reviewed this game and gave it a 7 due to various problems with how the game handled and the longevity of the game being cons and the pros being style and for its general substance. However I now feel this game is substantially better than it was upon its intial realease as Fun Bits Interactive have repeatedly updated the game to be in a much more playable and enjoyable game than all style not enough fun approach it had before. I now thoroughly enjoy this game as the ddevelopers have gravely improved it even releasing some great DLC to improve the longevity of the experience that was previously quite short in the form of free DLC in an update and DLC which was for a limited time juse £0.21 which was great! So my updated scores are as follows; Gameplay: 8.5, Graphics: 7.5, Presentation: 9 , Lasting appeal: 8 Expand
  12. Jun 19, 2012
    One of my first vita games along with Rayman Origins. It's a good puzzle game and you can't argue with the free 19 level DLC. I felt that the music didn't compliment the game very well though so I turned it down and played some other ambiance on the music player. But anyway, the controls also aren't as bad as I thought they would be after seeing some of the reviews. The only problem I hadOne of my first vita games along with Rayman Origins. It's a good puzzle game and you can't argue with the free 19 level DLC. I felt that the music didn't compliment the game very well though so I turned it down and played some other ambiance on the music player. But anyway, the controls also aren't as bad as I thought they would be after seeing some of the reviews. The only problem I had was that it's hard to tell where on the back pad you need to touch to hit certain objects, and it can get frustrating when you're in a hurry. But beyond that the controls work well enough. I recently boosted my score up to an 8 from a 7 because the support from the devs has been great. Since it's release there have been timely updates to smooth out bugs and add new chapters, and there seems to be more coming still. Expand
  13. Mar 27, 2012
    Escape Plan boasts a charming art style and solid gameplay which lends itself well to the nature of portable gaming: sessions in short bursts. However, I couldn't help feeling that it was a missed opportunity.
  14. Nov 20, 2012
    I loved it...Although it can be infuriating at times,I had a great time with this game.One of the best Vita games to date and utterly charming,but once beaten,probably wont get another playthrough.
  15. Jun 3, 2012
    Fun game with a very unique art style that actually looks quite good. Basically you have to guide your two buddies through a series of rooms (read: puzzles) to escape your prison. Makes very good use of vitas touch and motion capabilities however trying to use these while using the face controls can be frustrating sometimes. Some levels might make people angry due to difficulty. NoFun game with a very unique art style that actually looks quite good. Basically you have to guide your two buddies through a series of rooms (read: puzzles) to escape your prison. Makes very good use of vitas touch and motion capabilities however trying to use these while using the face controls can be frustrating sometimes. Some levels might make people angry due to difficulty. No multiplayer. However there's free DLC. Hefty game is around 1.5GB if you include the DLC so be prepared to take up a good chunk of your memory card. Expand
  16. Apr 12, 2012
    Escape Plan just got a whole lot better since yesterday, when a free patch came out and corrected some frustrating moments. Now the game is really worth your money, there's a lot of fun to be had here. You will die all the time, but it's so outrageous and crazy that you don't mind. a good purchase
  17. Dec 13, 2014
    I remember when Vita launched this was touted as one of if the not best launch games. After trying it out I'm a little underwhelmed. The atmosphere is great, it makes good use of the Vitas various capabilities but I found the difficulty varied between painfully easy and frustratingly hard, now that being said I'm not a huge "puzzler guy" so maybe I'm just being a baby about it. Is you haveI remember when Vita launched this was touted as one of if the not best launch games. After trying it out I'm a little underwhelmed. The atmosphere is great, it makes good use of the Vitas various capabilities but I found the difficulty varied between painfully easy and frustratingly hard, now that being said I'm not a huge "puzzler guy" so maybe I'm just being a baby about it. Is you have ps plus snag it, otherwise if would only pay for it his game if it is sale. Expand
  18. Jul 14, 2013
    I'll start with the positive stuff: I love the look of this game and the idea behind it. It's pretty charming and it looks great. The problem with the game is the controls. They are incredibly finicky and, in a few cases, unresponsive. A third of my deaths felt pretty cheap. If you're still interested in the game, try the demo first and see how it feels to you.
  19. Aug 23, 2013
    My first Downloaded Vita game, this is a very fun puzzle game, like Limbo, failure results in brutal death, but this one's a little more child friendly. The story is simple, but the gameplay is the main focus.
    The puzzles aren't mentally difficult, but the solution (Getting your characters to the exit) is more difficult than it seems. With great DLC and loads of replay value, this is one of the best Vita games availible on the store.
    Oh, and you'll die a lot.
  20. Sep 10, 2013
    At the time of the release of Escape Plan i really hoped that, Santa Monica Studios would deliver some thing fresh and new to gaming being a launch title for the Vita. But what we got was a boring only touch puzzle game, that really didn´t brought anything new to the gaming community except for some tapping on the back touch pad of your Vita. I think this game is a very lazy production,At the time of the release of Escape Plan i really hoped that, Santa Monica Studios would deliver some thing fresh and new to gaming being a launch title for the Vita. But what we got was a boring only touch puzzle game, that really didn´t brought anything new to the gaming community except for some tapping on the back touch pad of your Vita. I think this game is a very lazy production, and find if hard to imagine that we would ever see a sequel Expand
  21. Dec 4, 2014
    Black & white art direction is always welcome, especially the hand-drawn pictures between missions were nice, I would prefer if the entire game was made in this style instead of the 3D Unity mess that's going on during gameplay, but it's still ok. I liked the use of classical music. Controls are a mixed bag, while using all the gimmick Vita functions such as backtouch, tilting etc. is aBlack & white art direction is always welcome, especially the hand-drawn pictures between missions were nice, I would prefer if the entire game was made in this style instead of the 3D Unity mess that's going on during gameplay, but it's still ok. I liked the use of classical music. Controls are a mixed bag, while using all the gimmick Vita functions such as backtouch, tilting etc. is a nice refreshment, once the game starts to rely on them too much, it's never good as shown in many games before. It's not so much logical or puzzle game, more like a dexterity test for your fingers, but levels are short, varied and it was still nice going through this game once. 5/10 Expand
  22. Mar 3, 2015
    Escape Plan effectively blends a beautiful arts style with some excellent, albeit not, particularly challenging puzzles. At times it is let down by some control features: particularly elements involving the back touch screen. All in all the experience is short charming experience that is easy to pick up and hard to put down.

1. May 5, 2012
    Escape Plan is nothing more than a tech demo a showcase for the different control options for the Vita and fails completely trying to do so. What remains is an artistically interesting game, that fall on its gameplay.
  2. May 4, 2012
    When the credits roll, Escape Plan leaves you satisfied of time well spent; getting know its cast of charming characters is a pleasure and its gameplay is largely on the right side refreshing. Though it arguably rarely feels essential, it is a quietly charming game that feels perfectly at ease with its glacial pace, and it is this – along with Lil and Laarg's PVC-clad charisma – that ultimately enables Escape Plan to meander its way into your heart.
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    Escape Plan is decidedly artful and will please fans of Limbo - perhaps not quite as tightly woven, but a quiet achiever for the launch of the PS Vita to be sure. [May 2012, p.78]