Escape Plan PlayStation Vita

7.3

1. Feb 24, 2012
    A charming, creative, and artistic puzzle game marred only by the Vita's form factor. It's controls make fantastic, intuitive use of the front and back touch panels but by doing so it makes the Vita very difficult to hold. It doesn't help that the game also encourages you to use as little gestures as possible to finish the puzzles, penalizing you for holding the Vita while touching theA charming, creative, and artistic puzzle game marred only by the Vita's form factor. It's controls make fantastic, intuitive use of the front and back touch panels but by doing so it makes the Vita very difficult to hold. It doesn't help that the game also encourages you to use as little gestures as possible to finish the puzzles, penalizing you for holding the Vita while touching the back screen. There is also a question about the value of the game, as the $15 doesn't get you that many hours of content.

Regardless, it's still a great gem from the Vita's launch and I greatly enjoy it.
  2. Jul 17, 2012
    I'll keep it simple.
    Pros:
    - Gorgeous art style and direction. I really dig the noir feel. - Some puzzles can be creative. - The game runs well with no frame rate issues or clipping. Cons: - It isn't too deep. I had no reason to come back for more after I beat it. - While the score fits the game at some points, the music is just boring and flat in general. - Too simple. - Really,
    I'll keep it simple.
    Pros:
    - Gorgeous art style and direction. I really dig the noir feel.
    - Some puzzles can be creative.
    - The game runs well with no frame rate issues or clipping.
    - Too simple.
    - Really, really sloppy controls.
    Final thoughts: The game is nothing more than a glorified tech demo and does little to make itself worth a 15$ price tag. It's a mediocre experience that doesn't last very long and more importantly, isn't that much fun along the way.
  3. Mar 27, 2012
    Escape Plan boasts a charming art style and solid gameplay which lends itself well to the nature of portable gaming: sessions in short bursts. However, I couldn't help feeling that it was a missed opportunity.
  4. Dec 13, 2014
    I remember when Vita launched this was touted as one of if the not best launch games. After trying it out I'm a little underwhelmed. The atmosphere is great, it makes good use of the Vitas various capabilities but I found the difficulty varied between painfully easy and frustratingly hard, now that being said I'm not a huge "puzzler guy" so maybe I'm just being a baby about it. Is you haveI remember when Vita launched this was touted as one of if the not best launch games. After trying it out I'm a little underwhelmed. The atmosphere is great, it makes good use of the Vitas various capabilities but I found the difficulty varied between painfully easy and frustratingly hard, now that being said I'm not a huge "puzzler guy" so maybe I'm just being a baby about it. Is you have ps plus snag it, otherwise if would only pay for it his game if it is sale. Expand
  5. Jul 14, 2013
    I'll start with the positive stuff: I love the look of this game and the idea behind it. It's pretty charming and it looks great. The problem with the game is the controls. They are incredibly finicky and, in a few cases, unresponsive. A third of my deaths felt pretty cheap. If you're still interested in the game, try the demo first and see how it feels to you.
  6. Sep 10, 2013
    At the time of the release of Escape Plan i really hoped that, Santa Monica Studios would deliver some thing fresh and new to gaming being a launch title for the Vita. But what we got was a boring only touch puzzle game, that really didn´t brought anything new to the gaming community except for some tapping on the back touch pad of your Vita. I think this game is a very lazy production,At the time of the release of Escape Plan i really hoped that, Santa Monica Studios would deliver some thing fresh and new to gaming being a launch title for the Vita. But what we got was a boring only touch puzzle game, that really didn´t brought anything new to the gaming community except for some tapping on the back touch pad of your Vita. I think this game is a very lazy production, and find if hard to imagine that we would ever see a sequel Expand
  7. Dec 4, 2014
    Black & white art direction is always welcome, especially the hand-drawn pictures between missions were nice, I would prefer if the entire game was made in this style instead of the 3D Unity mess that's going on during gameplay, but it's still ok. I liked the use of classical music. Controls are a mixed bag, while using all the gimmick Vita functions such as backtouch, tilting etc. is aBlack & white art direction is always welcome, especially the hand-drawn pictures between missions were nice, I would prefer if the entire game was made in this style instead of the 3D Unity mess that's going on during gameplay, but it's still ok. I liked the use of classical music. Controls are a mixed bag, while using all the gimmick Vita functions such as backtouch, tilting etc. is a nice refreshment, once the game starts to rely on them too much, it's never good as shown in many games before. It's not so much logical or puzzle game, more like a dexterity test for your fingers, but levels are short, varied and it was still nice going through this game once. 5/10 Expand
  8. Jul 3, 2016
    This game may be funny for some people but unfortunately it was not fun for me. I play mostly RPGs and visual novels and this is not exactly my cup of tea. I played Escape Plan for couple of hours.... and this game just was quite boring and not enough entertaining for me. Solving a guy's troubles on way can be fun for a while but definitely not for long.

Graphic - 7 Gameplay - 5

Graphic - 7
    Gameplay - 5
    Lasting Appeal - 5
    Execution - 5

Overall - 5,5

1. May 5, 2012
    Escape Plan is nothing more than a tech demo a showcase for the different control options for the Vita and fails completely trying to do so. What remains is an artistically interesting game, that fall on its gameplay.
  2. May 4, 2012
    When the credits roll, Escape Plan leaves you satisfied of time well spent; getting know its cast of charming characters is a pleasure and its gameplay is largely on the right side refreshing. Though it arguably rarely feels essential, it is a quietly charming game that feels perfectly at ease with its glacial pace, and it is this – along with Lil and Laarg's PVC-clad charisma – that ultimately enables Escape Plan to meander its way into your heart.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Apr 12, 2012
    Escape Plan is decidedly artful and will please fans of Limbo - perhaps not quite as tightly woven, but a quiet achiever for the launch of the PS Vita to be sure. [May 2012, p.78]