6.6

1. Dec 19, 2014
    A completely fantastic game, with lots of hidden secrets and layers. At the upper layer, it's a simple platformer game with changeable perspectives. If you're willing to put the work in though, there's also a very deep puzzle game built in as well.
  2. May 19, 2014
    Absolutely bought this based on the reviews, and I didn't regret it at all. One of the best indie games and platformers on the vita. Great concept of 2D with 3D, even my wife kept taking glances during my game even if she isn't a gamer.
  3. Apr 17, 2014
    This game looks great and plays great on the Vita - visuals, frame rate and everything is on point. Really worth paying for to experience how amazing it is!
  4. Jul 25, 2014
    This Game is Unique! I Love the Exploration,and the Pixelated place Was very Detailed! the Rotation of 2D into 3D is Very Amazing! For Me,its Perfect!
  5. Mar 27, 2014
    Game of the decade so far. A beautiful example of an old school style game in a modern gen. It's sorta resemblant of the original legend of zelda. No guides, no help, just you and your will to explore.
  6. Sep 30, 2014
    It's a 2D platformer set in a 3D world. It does something completely new with the genre. Something that has never been done before. Having trouble finding a path? A simple tap of the trigger will turn the 3D world left or right so you can explore a whole other side to the level in 2D. It's brilliant and basically is like a reinvention of the wheel.

This single gameplay hook is what sets

This single gameplay hook is what sets it apart and almost makes it feel like a genre all it's own. There is also an insane amount of content, most of which is tied to some of the most ingenious puzzles ever invented. Some of them are incredibly deep, and require you to do things like learn a unique alphabet created specifically for this game. Others will test your decoding skills to the max. Solving each one leads to cubes or some other collectible that will help you truly complete the game. Their rewarding to complete to say the least.

There's also great joy to be found in both the platforming and exploration. The games size is massive and filled with many worlds to explore, each with their own unique theme or gameplay element. It's always exciting to find a new world and explore it. There are secrets hidden everywhere. However the game's size is also related to it's only flaw; the map. As you discover new areas the map can get very crowded and can be difficult to navigate or make sense of, making it a pain to backtrack to previously discovered levels.

Overall though "Fez" is a genius game that takes the 2D-platformer genre and turns in on it's head. Very rarely do we see something so original hit the gaming market anymore, and with this high-level of quality and brilliant game design. It's unlike anything you've ever played before, and simply must be experienced. My total score for the game is a 9.5/10.
  7. Jan 17, 2015
    Once in a while comes a game that truly was made outside the box, this is one of them.

If you dig originality without sacrificing FUN, check this out. Very addictive as well. This game truly takes you to another realm and has a sort of spirituality to it, a mesmerizing experience, immersive unique, nintendo should hire the people behind this game thats all i have to say! If the

If the indie scene keeps releasing games like this im sold then!
    No game impressed me so much about its gameplay mechanics since mario galaxy game of the year for me!
  8. Mar 14, 2015
    This is a fantastic game! Dont downrate it becouse you dont understand it or if you dont like Phil Fish. It would be like I gave GTA5 a score of 2/10 just becouse I dont like the GTA games. I know those games is great for those who enjoy them. So I dont bother to rate down GTA or Far Cry or whatever.

Anyway, Fez is a modern indie classic. It is soo very cool. Even though some of the puzzles are VERY cryptic. Like almost impossible. But 80-90 % of the game is not that difficult =)

My VITA is the best nowadays! Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac, Limbo and now Fez. Pure gaming love
  9. Mar 12, 2015
    This game is fantastic! Beautiful world, graphic and music. Everything in this game is absolutely amazing! The best audiovisual experience of my life!

1. Few puzzles offer the complexity and design smarts that are on show here. [June 2014, p.88]
  2. Apr 4, 2014
    Being straightforward, it is a must have. A game that brings back that excitement that surfaces when you explore every corner of its world and, most importantly, is worth giving a try to allow it to astonish the gamer.
  3. Apr 4, 2014
    A deep and involving Metroidvania in a superbly constructed world. Fez's appearance on handheld is just as intriguing as when it first hit consoles and computers.