4.1

1. Jan 8, 2014
    The only difference between FIFA 13 and FIFA Football (FIFA Soccer) is the title itself. Other than tighter controls and a new roster, EA has brought nothing to the Vita's next iteration of FIFA. The console versions get the new technology put into their respective versions of FIFA, but VITA is shunned by EA.

Don't buy this game if you have bought FIFA Football. Buy it if you have not
    bought FIFA Football. It's that simple. Expand
  2. Jan 11, 2013
    fifa 13 is the best handheld football exprience ive ever played the graghics of this game are fenomenal!!!!, i don't care what anyone says single player mode is so addicting i play hours on it. it doesn't have ultimate team(SO WHAT!?!)just beacause of that gamers and critics cant appreciate the beautiful game.if u dont have football then i strongly recomend it but mutiplayer could use some tweaks too Expand
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    If you have FIFA 12 for vita, then avoid this game as there is no difference. I love playing this game when I am on the road, and its a really good portable version of the game. If EA puts more effort into FIFA 14 then that could possibly be the game that sells vitas, but for now, nice job on getting a portable game out there on the worlds most powerful handheld.
  4. Jun 16, 2013
    Right, this is actually a good game (par a few performance issues) but the reason everyone bashes on it is because it is a re skinned version of Fifa 11. EA really need to add things to Fifa 14 to make it like the Console/PC version.
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    Well well well.... This has to be the biggest rip off in videogames history. Apart from more fluid player movements, a new opening animation and some roster/kit updates there is NOTHING different from this and the previous iteration of fifa for vita This could have been just a 1Mb title update but instead EA decide to criminally charge £40 for it. There is no way on earth this game can be justified at that price tag unless you don't own the original fifa football but in any case EA should have not released this in the first place and stuck with updating the existing title.

Ok so the game is good but theres so much missing from the xbox/ps3 version that its angers me I paid £40 for it.

Do yourselves a favour and DONT BUY THIS.

In fact Im gonna bin my vita due to the lack of quality software.

A total con.
  6. Dec 27, 2012
    This game deserves a 4/10 The only thing it deserved credit for are the following. An Acceptable single player manager mode experience (identical to the console version from what I've played) the game runs well in single player and in the interactive arena. However everywhere else including in online play the game is letdown by poor gameplay mechanics, a shoddy frame rate, terrible A.I and Goalkeepers (almost every match will have at least 7-8 goals if both players have played fifa at any point in their lives) and then the diabolical connection quality you're stuck with for most games. This is not the FIFA we know and love from the consoles. They need to make it run at 30 fps (60 fps ideally) I wouldn't care if the graphics had to take a massive hit, you want a game to run well so you can enjoy it. And also bring over all the console like features such as Ultimate team and FIFA Clubs mode this should all be in FIFA it should be identical to the PS3 version of the game including the ability to play each other ideally!. For now go out and buy FIFA Football if you need your FIFA fix and save your cash for PES 2014 which will kick FIFA's ass if they stick to their shoddy standards on the handheld. Or hopefully FIFA 14 which will right the wrongs of the current vita experience. A terrible game if you want to play online an acceptable game if you just want some manager mode fun in bed/on the way to work or back home. Expand
  7. Sep 30, 2012
    Don't buy the game, it's actually FIFA Soccer from the February, just repackaged. It's still based on FIFA 11 engine and contains only and I mean ONLY the kit and rosters updates
  8. Sep 26, 2012
    Fifa 13 is very good. There arent many changes but there are some improvements to the Career Mode. The gameplay also seems smoother and better. If you have or don't have Fifa Football i would still advice to get this game.
  9. Sep 25, 2012
    Fifa 13 = Fifa Football. Nothings change. Its a money stole. I Really love Fifa and play every one. But this is a ilusion for the consumers and others players. More respect EA! Please! For all readers i recomend... DONT BUY THIS GAME! Specially if you have Fifa Football in your Vita.
  10. Sep 27, 2012
    Firstly, I am giving this rating as a person who has only played the demo of the original fifa football. As many others have stated, if you already own the first game, fifa 13 vita might not be a huge upgrade. However, coming from the console fifa 12 and 13 games, I am pretty impressed by this version of fifa 13 on vita. The game has what I feel seems to be an impact engine, though it's closer to the one in fifa 12 rather than fifa 13 on consoles. Furthermore, the game includes some nice features from consoles such as the new leagues from the middle east, create a set piece, etc. The online mode is pretty good too. However, one thing that I found rather poor is that the manager mode is a lot less in depth as compared to even fifa 12 on the home consoles. All in all though, a very solid and enjoyable portable experience. Expand
  11. Sep 27, 2012
    There seems to be a lot of hate coming to this game so far. I believe that much of it is misplaced though. I bought fifa soccer at launch and just bought fifa 13. I can certainly understand why people are giving it low scores and getting upset as it is rather similar at first glance. I am giving it a 10, purely from the perspective that this is the best sports game I have ever played on a portable console. The graphics are easily PS3 fifa 12 quality (minus crowd animation), gameplay is solid and overall smooth enough and there are a multitude of game modes. Compared to the fifa soccer launched in febuary with the vita launch, fifa 13 vita has slightly more online game modes including friend leagues, has a new "create set piece" mode, has a tweaked arena, etc. Furthermore, all the menus load faster, especially in career mode. Graphics are slightly cleaner for player models as compared to the previous game too. The engine is also better, having better more realistic physics with big players able to dominate small players on the field. In fact, I feel that though it is not as visceral and "360" as the fifa 12 impact engine, it is actually more realistic. Fifa 13 on console's new imapct engine is another step forward though. All in all, a very full features, graphically great game and an extremely enjoyable portable sports title. Trust me, despite this game not matching up to fifa 13 on the ps3/xbox 360, it is still extremely good and a game you'll love to have on the go. Collapse
  12. Jan 31, 2013
    I'm going to make this short, sweet, and to the point. While everyone else on here seems to enjoy bashing this game into oblivion, I refuse to follow that trend. I understand the so called professional reviewers going on about this game as being nearly, if not entirely, identical to the previous iteration. However, they, and you, should ask yourself this question, is the game any good? Does this game stand, on it's own merits, as a quality release of a football(soccer for us Americans) simulation. I believe the answer to that question is yes. While I agree 1000% EA decided to phone this one based on what I have read about it, I don't think we can automatically discount the game itself because of it. That is like giving a triple A title a 0 because it requires an online connection. It has nothing do with the game itself, it is something that affects our perception of it, not something that actually affects the product itself. I typically don't buy sports games year after year because I am more interested in game play improvements rather than roster updates. I bought this because I got a new Vita and wanted what I assumed would be a quality sports game. I haven't owned a FIFA title in a number or years and thought I would start with the most current one available and go from there. I don't regret doing so, in fact, I'm happy I did. I won't have to buy one of EA's cash in jobs for several more years.

All in all, everyone can complain that this game doesn't take advantage of the full capability of the Vita system. Does any game currently available for the system really take advantage of the system the way it deserves? I haven't seen it yet. Perhaps when sales start going up, hopefully soon, EA will see this is a system worth developing for and put their money where there mouth is. If we don't support the system and buy these games then developers and publishers won't bother giving us anything but console parts and recycled sports games.

I am giving this game a rating based on the game itself. I don't care that it is basically last year's version. I don't care what everyone's vendetta may be towards EA. The game deserves a reasonable score because it does exactly what it is supposed to do. It is a fun sports game that has near console quality in the palm of your hand.
  13. Sep 25, 2012
    Same game as fifa football from 6 months ago, nothing new apart from a 13 on the cover. It has horrible slow down and still lags like hell online.

I can't believe they said on the fifa website that it had the impact engine and same game modes as the play station 3 counterpart, they can't get away with this.

It's lazy 'ports' like this that will end up killing the vita if they carry
    on like this on the big titles.

So disappointed I just hope PES makes a vita game that will be an improvement.
  14. Sep 30, 2012
    I have the first FIFA on vita and per ordered FIFA 13 ... When I put it in my console I did feel a bit cheated as it looks a hell of a lot like the first game. This said it has more colour depth to the pallet and its does play better. Improved AI and challenge .... If your just up for a quick kick about this could be a waste of money but if your in for the long hall it feels better to play this is not to say the first vita game didn't play well it did but FIFA 13 feels better. Expand
  15. Sep 26, 2012
    I think I should have realised when EA didn't release a single bit of information about FIFA 13. It's not FIFA 13 its still based on the FIFA 11 engine and doesn't come close to mirroring the PS3 FIFA 13 experience. To say that I'm disappointed is an understatement. I don't understand why this wasn't released as an update to the previous FIFA. I wouldn't recommend anybody who purchased the previous FIFA buy this as you will feel that EA have done you over. I'm surprised SONY allowed EA to publish the same game but with a different name as it can only damage the PS Vitas crumbling reputation ( in my opinion)!!! Expand
  16. Sep 29, 2012
    People are allowing their anger to cloud their judgement. EA sent me a copy to review for my site, which I have done, and graded 3/5, or for Metacritic purposes, 6/10.

The game is nearly identical to Fifa Football, with miniscule changes. But this does not detract from it still being a good game of football, and is all we have right now.

Yes, there was very little information
    released, yes Ultimate Team is still missing, and all of the new features are not present. But if you have not bought the original, then this IS worth buying.

It is disappointing, but still a good game.

If you want to read my full review, the link is below.

17. Oct 6, 2012
    This game is total crap, same thing as fifa 12 (which btw was also crap) this game keeps freezing unexpectedly and makes one want to trow their xbox out the window.
  18. Sep 28, 2012
    Pretty much the same as FIFA Football. EA should be ashamed, PSVita is powerful enough to get the identical version as the Console version. It is basically FIFA11 on the console, no tactical defending, no first touch, no pro intelligence, VERY disappointing.
  19. Sep 25, 2012
    Its pretty much the same game as fifa football, i buy it because i didnt have fifa football (just the demo), but if you do then dont buy fifa 13,it just doesnt worth it,the online its kind of laggy too.
  20. Sep 27, 2012
    ,All the positive reviews on here come on the Same day, with 9's or 10's, from users with 1 review.... Hello EA! Anyway, Im a real user, with a real review. This game is an absolute travesty, make no mistake, this is practically the same game as Fifa 12. Its an insult to package this as a standalone game when it could have just been a DLC addon. Its really difficult to see the differences between the 2 games, bar the updated teams and kits. The menus are identical, gameplay is practically the same, with all the same problems that the original had. I'll not be purchasing another Fifa game for the Vita, EA you'ra a disgrace. Expand
  21. Sep 28, 2012
    Let's start off with all the negative reviews...I agree with you 100%. Now I want to let everyone know why they are all wrong...in some part. The game is basically the same game as Fifa Soccer, as stated by over a dozen people. The menu set up is the same, which was pretty bland to begin with, but it is functional. The loading is the same (you still have the ability to run around with a soccer player and shoot the ball in the net (yes, it is still very boring). The majority of the people complaining are saying how it has the 'Exact' gameplay...they are wrong. The gameplay is noticeably different. The players move more fluidly, the ball bounces more realistically, the AI is better (Which is great, they were horrible in last years version), and the graphics are noticeably crisper. All in all, the game is the same, however, the game has a different 'gameplay' feel. Soccer is soccer and you can't change the game that much to get a drastic difference. We are talking about Fifa here, the game plays the same year in and year out, the only difference we ever see each year are a little sharper graphics and the change of the menu. Since the menu design did not change people went crazy. Sure it annoys me, but the game is great. If you have the 'Launch' title of Fifa then you probably don't need to get this game, however, if you enjoy sharper graphics, a slightly noticeable gameplay difference, a change of commentary, updated rosters, and the warm fuzzy feeling knowing you have the 'updated' version of Fifa, then get this game. Consider one thing...If this game was the first Fifa to arrive on the PSVITA then this game would be give a score in the 80s or possibly in the low 90s, but since the game feels similar to the past Fifa people are throwing fits. I for one enjoy the change in AI intelligence and slight graphics upgrade. I do wish they implemented the console versions career mode. They added way more. It would be nice to be invited to coach a national team and take them to the World Cup. Yes, you read that correctly, the console version in career mode gives you the ability to take a national team through the World Cup, but you have to be invited. That to me would have made the PSVITA version 10X better if it had just that option added to the game.

Cheers everyone
  22. Sep 25, 2012
    DON'T BUY this game! Got my copy of Fifa 13 for Vita yesterday (9/24) and it's REALLY DISAPPOINTING. If you have the previous one it's pretty much the same game. There is no match day feature, same gameplay and game modes. EA should have said what features would be included beforehand but they chose not to do so. I totally regret I pre-ordered it and I'll never buy any game from EA before the the release date, because I basically paid $44 bucks for a new case and updated teams. EA is STEALING money from their costumers, RIP OFF! Expand
  23. Sep 26, 2012
    This game is a piece of crap. DO NOT PURCHASE. EA are **** tools for releasing this game. They could have easily ported the ps3 version to vita but instead they release this piece of CRAP. DO NOT BUY and DAVID RUTTER IS A WANKER. If i could give this game a negative score, i would.
  24. Sep 26, 2012
    It's almost the same as the previous one. They optimized the game, specially the fps in some scenes, the AI is better, specially in the career mode. Moving is better. You can feel it free, and response from dribbles, pressure and others are faster.
    Surely, it looks like a patch for the previous one, but I liked it. I had more than 100 hours of FIFA Soccer, so I could feel the difference
    at the first seconds of the exhibition mode.
    Player Career mode gameplay is better than the previous one, but you have to experience a lot of that other one to notice this new one.

I liked it. Could have much more, but it solved the main problems: A.I., fps and freedom.
  25. Sep 26, 2012
    There are two types of gamers with their hands on this game: the first type consume any update. They convince themselves that the game maybe looks a little better (it doesn't), has slightly better AI (it doesn't) and defend EA because they don't want to feel foolish that they just wasted 40 dollars. The second type is ticked off that this is even LEGAL to sell the exact same game with a different title. Expect more, people. Expect SOMETHING. Expand
  26. Sep 26, 2012
    I Have FIFA for ps3 xbox 360 and now psvita.i am playing it now on psvita and i can tell i like it better then the consoles.on the consoles is the same gameplay like last year but little great this year.i love it on my psvita better.i love the gameplay.yes it looks like the last year fifa but this is better.dont listen to all reveiws scores.this game is a 10 for me.GREAT :)
  27. Sep 26, 2012
    The game plays like pro.thats why i love it::)the gameplay is fast fun and smooth.love it.10 from me !best football hand game out !buy it.if you dont have a football game on your psvita.its a must buy :)
  28. Sep 26, 2012
    wooow i cant unterstand some people is scoring this game with a 0.the game is amazing plays amazing looks amazing.best psvita game out with little big planet.buy it its very fun and with the online modes love it.
  29. Sep 27, 2012
    How ANYONE could reward the sheer apathy shown by EA towards this release with ANYTHING other than a zero beggars belief. New kits & rosters aside this is exactly the same game as fifa soccer, if someone wastes £40 of their hard earned cash based on your positive review you should hang your heads in shame...
  30. Sep 27, 2012
    Es increible es una autentica mierda de juego, vendo mi fifa football para comprarme el fifa 13 esperando que sea como el de ps3 y resulta que es una autentica copia del anterior fifa de psvita solo que con las plantillas modificadas y no tiene NADA nuevo, no introducen los ejercicios de habilidad de fifa 13 de ps3 que son fundamentales, y el menu es el mismo y todo igual, me parece una autentica verguenza que nos la intenten colar asi los de EA SPORT. Recomiendo encarecidamente que no compreis este juego porque es una basura y si tienes el anterior menos todavia porque os vais a cabrear mas todavia, de verdad despues de tanta espera y para un juego guapo de los pocos que hay en psvita ni se molestan en mejorarlo, definitivamente o mejorais las cosas o ni la psvita se va a salvar. ALUCINANDO, NO COMPRARLO POR FAVOR Expand
  31. Sep 27, 2012
    EA should be ashamed of themselves!

This product is 99.9 % identical to the FIFA Football release, only update is rosters and some minor menu redesigns.

Very disappointing.

The product itself explains why easports have not given out any info prior to its release. People who have preordered this game must feel very let down and disapointed. I know I do.
  32. Sep 27, 2012
    Its a great game (if you don't have Fifa football) ... This is the same strategy that EA has been employing for a while on portable console ... Fifa 11 = Fifa 12 on PSP are identical (except with new roster, theme, song bla bla bla) ... Having said that probably should complaint to EA for marketing impact engine if the game is identical to Fifa football ... I don't own Fifa football, thus no comment on that). Expand
  33. Sep 28, 2012
    This is FIFA 11, This is Fifa Football... this is NOT! Fifa 13

This game is essentially FIFA 11. FIFA Football is based on 11. Nothing introduced in 12 was in Football. Nothing introduced in 13 is here.

To prove this look at the ages of all the players.. They are all two years too young in every mode, but career mode.. This is just a basic 40 buck roster update, which cant even get
    the players ages right.

EMBARRASING!!!!!!
  34. Sep 28, 2012
    If you're wondering why there are ZERO reviews from critics a week after launch, well, it seems that EA didn
  35. Sep 29, 2012
    This is by far the worst fifa i have ever played in terms of improvements, No updates other than kits and teams oh and the title screen looks different yay! The game is no different to fifa football and i advise anyone that is thinking of purchasing it to not bother. Its a waste of money. EA havent given us Demo's and info for a reason. They were scamming us for money. I am certainly never buying another fifa game on vita again until they prove the games have been improved. Not happy at all! Expand
  36. Sep 29, 2012
    I personally feel this game is receiving harsh reviews. It is NOT fifa football. Gameplay HAS been updated. First touch is sharper and clinical if timed correctly. Passing is crisp and can be susceptible to error if passed off balance or with poorer players. Goalkeepers are harder to beat. Total dribble has been immensely improved since fifa football. Also, computer AI is the best I've seen in the FIFA franchise. Finally graphics are more defined in this edition. Easily the best FIFA available for handheld devices. Expand
  37. Sep 29, 2012
    What can i say that hasn't be said already. This is A total ripoff if you have fifa soccer.. It is a total ripoff even if you haven't got that game. EA did nothing to improve this game. the commentary is the same, and un inspirational. The loading time when in calender mode are dreadful at times. EA should allow a refund for this game when downloaded. ALL I CAN SAY IS READ THE REVIEWS ONLINE. I wish i did. Expand
  38. Oct 1, 2012
    First off this game is GOOD! I know it is very similar to FIFA Football on the Vita, but the gameplay has been improved. I can understand the frustrations vented against EA as they could have made more of an effort to add in some of the console features (FUT and Skill games would be nice) however I am told that patches will be made available in future which may include these?) The career mode is slightly better than last yer but not by a lot but the overall feel of the games is good.

In summary if you had FIFA Football and enjoyed it then consider this as a purchase perhaps when the price is lower as it will bring you a better experience than the last one with updated teams etc.... Still I would like to see more effort from EA next year but that's what global companies do! The console versions would have been lapped up even if significant changes had not been made!
  39. Oct 4, 2012
    For all Player who had Fifa Football for Vita: Don't spend money in this new game because it's nothing new in here. It's a Team/Score-Update for full price. NO new features from the FIFA 13 Core Game for PS3/XBOX in there.

For all Players not having Fifa Football. Buy this for 20$ and get most of the same game. 20-30$ more for this "update" does not worth it.

Sorry EA, that's not
    fair. Sell the new teams/scores for 10$ as an update and all is fine.
    But what you want to cheat your customers!
  40. Oct 5, 2012
    AVOID! I cannot believe EA still get away with stunts like this shambles of a game. It is identical to the previous FIFA game released on the Vita. Literally the only changes include a slightly different colour to the home screen, a poor attempt at updating players to the correct club and the usual kit updates. Everything else is exactly the same.
  41. Nov 1, 2012
    Не понимаю почему столько гневных комментариев.По моему мнению игра ни чем не хуже своих предшественников.С удовольствием буду играть в эту прекрасную игру Expand
  42. Oct 9, 2012
    It's a joke! I sold mi Fifa Football long time ago waiting for this game to come out, and when i finally got it, both are the same !! If you have Fifa Football DONT BUY THIS GAME, it doesn't worth it. EA is laughing at the face of Vita users. This game is a SCAM
  43. Oct 12, 2012
    Sinceramente para un usuario en español no hay otra cosa que decir si no es que NO COMPREN ESTE JUEGO NO ES MAS QUE UNA COPIA cara de un juego que solo cambiaron lso skins no se tomaron ni l tiempo de cambair los ecenarios
  44. Oct 12, 2012
    Don't get this, worse fifa game by far. No improvements over last years at all the game should be pulled off shelves for ripping off customers.
  45. Oct 27, 2012
    no Russian language, no ultimate team, if it thought of everything - the game was popular anymore as she consoles. Most asked to Ultimate team for PS Vita!!!!!!!!!!
  46. Oct 29, 2012
    Кусок дерьма! Русского языка и комментариев нет (хотя в большой версии есть). РФПЛ чисто для галочки. ИИ на уровне середины 90-х (такой игры в обороне и бесполезности тактических схем я и в 98 не припомню). Слегка подкрашенная FIFA FOOTBALL со всеми вытекающими. Expand
  47. Sep 27, 2012

1. Nov 26, 2012
    Releasing this as FIFA 13 is a decision that borders on scandalous. It's a decent game - but a new one? No chance. [Christmas 2012, p.103]
    It's FIFA, but nowhere close to FIFA 13.
  3. Oct 18, 2012
    A nearly identical edition of the past entry of FIFA Football (Soccer) on PSV. Dull, lazy conversion of a great game.