flower PlayStation Vita

8.1

1. Dec 21, 2013
    This is one of the games that you can only appreciate after trying them out. Admittedly, the touch controls needed some time to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it feels amazing. I do wish though that there was an analog stick option available. The experience is incredibly relaxing and beautiful, even on the vita.
  2. Dec 19, 2013
    I heard incredibly great things about this game. I only have a Vita (my PS3 broke) so I decided to get the trial version, the first few seconds had me sold, then... what happened? Gimmicky controls happened. You can use motion controls, I however only used touch controls, which are really tricky to get used to. I still guessed the controls 45 minutes in. I'm still not exactly sure of theI heard incredibly great things about this game. I only have a Vita (my PS3 broke) so I decided to get the trial version, the first few seconds had me sold, then... what happened? Gimmicky controls happened. You can use motion controls, I however only used touch controls, which are really tricky to get used to. I still guessed the controls 45 minutes in. I'm still not exactly sure of the controls. But overall, once I got past the controls, I was having a great experience. Expand
  3. Mar 5, 2014
    Bought this because everyone says it's a 9/10. I was disappointed. Gameplay: You move flower petals around over other flowers to accumulate more. There is no words to read, no story at all. Just you moving your controller and not understanding why you have to collect more petals. Story:None Replayabllity: None Controls: You have to use the six axis which no game ever uses, and it shouldn'tBought this because everyone says it's a 9/10. I was disappointed. Gameplay: You move flower petals around over other flowers to accumulate more. There is no words to read, no story at all. Just you moving your controller and not understanding why you have to collect more petals. Story:None Replayabllity: None Controls: You have to use the six axis which no game ever uses, and it shouldn't because it feels clunky. And since there is literally no words in this entire game there is no way to learn the controls other than fumbling your way through trying to figure out what any of the 14 buttons do.

I paid 7 dollars for this game, and I feel it was a waste of 6 of those dollars. Even after reading these good reviews, I don't understand how people can call this a form of entertainment.
  4. May 14, 2015
    Beautiful. That is the word i use to describe Flower. The bliss of controlling your flower petals as you go through this environment is great and the little music chimes that play when you bloom a petal are oh so fun. speaking of the gameplay, Flower does a great job with the use of the motion controls in the dual-shock 4, and there were only few instances where my petals didn't move as iBeautiful. That is the word i use to describe Flower. The bliss of controlling your flower petals as you go through this environment is great and the little music chimes that play when you bloom a petal are oh so fun. speaking of the gameplay, Flower does a great job with the use of the motion controls in the dual-shock 4, and there were only few instances where my petals didn't move as i expected them to. It is crazy to think that this game can be played with a single button(x) but it works so well and is all that is needed.

The environments in Flower are gorgeous and the lighting and texture of everything really caught my eye, nothing feels better then moving gracefully through each of the dreams and bringing life, and color to a bleak and dead landscape, it is so satisfying. The soundtrack is also just as beautiful, with very soothing hymns and graceful melodies that really generated a certain mood within my like i was at peace.

Flower is pretty short and the 6 dreams can be completed in roughly 2 hours, but there is also a nice replay-ability factor to collect the secret flowers hidden in each level as well as the trophies you can collect. Although this game is very short it is well worth it to play through and experience this unique game. I have replayed numerous levels and enjoy every minute of it.
  5. May 14, 2016
    Flower is a video game developed by Thatgamecompany and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. In Flower, the player controls the wind, blowing a flower petal through the air using the movement of the game controller. Flying close to flowers results in the player's petal being followed by other flower petals. Approaching flowers may also have side-effects on the game world, such asFlower is a video game developed by Thatgamecompany and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. In Flower, the player controls the wind, blowing a flower petal through the air using the movement of the game controller. Flying close to flowers results in the player's petal being followed by other flower petals. Approaching flowers may also have side-effects on the game world, such as bringing vibrant color to previously dead fields or activating stationary windmills. The game features no text or dialogue, forming a narrative arc primarily through visual representation and emotional cues. Expand
  6. Aug 16, 2016

+ Relaxing and Beautiful
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Dec 4, 2013
    Whether you’ve never heard of Flower or you replay it regularly, the PlayStation Vita version is an excellent, unforgettable return to one of PlayStation’s finest games. It’s still profound, but feels worse in terms of controls than the superior console versions.