5.8

1. May 30, 2013
    It's a deeper Bust A Move clone. The visuals are kinda ugly but it plays great. There is always a solution to getting 3 stars and isn't just random. Really requires more thinking that the average casual puzzler but you can always hack a one star to progress. The need to hire some a better artist than the Garbage Pail Kids reject art guy and this could be at the level of awesome.
  2. Mar 7, 2013
    [INITIAL IMPRESSIONS]: If you can stomach the ludicrously expensive price of entry, this super addictive match-3 puzzler is a very easy game to recommend for your Vita. Heck, if it was sub £5.00, it'd be absolutely essential. I'll post some more impressions in the next day or so when I've spent more time with Germinator, but in the meantime, it's definitely worth a look if you have a puzzling itch that wants scratching. Collapse
  3. Mar 7, 2013

1. May 9, 2013
    Blasting away pulsing nasties is fun and becomes enjoyably challenging in later stages, but the high price and the lack of Cross-Buy are symptoms we'd rather have avoided. [June 2013, p.77]
  2. Apr 10, 2013
    Rarely do you see the portable version of a game eclipsing its console counterparts, but that is exactly what the case is here. Germinator “feels” better on Sony’s handheld and result is a much more enjoyable game overall.
  3. Apr 1, 2013
    Germinator is rather sketchy in its execution, but offers fairly solid Bust-a-Move gameplay.