• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 12, 2012
8.5

1. Jun 12, 2012
    Gravity Rush is a very creative and original game from Sony. This was one of my most anticipated games for 2012. The graphics are amazing, they're on par with its big brother PS3. If you need an excuse to buy a PS VITA, then this is the one. This is not only the best Vita game out there, but one of the best handheld games Ive ever played!
  2. Jun 12, 2012
    This is quite simply the new high standard for future games on the amazing handheld Sony has brought to us, I see a bright future for the VITA if high quality games like Gravity Rush keep coming.
  3. Jun 12, 2012
    Best game I have ever played on a handheld. Played it on one of my buddy's PS Vita and immediately went to Best Buy to buy my own along with Gravity Rush. All my friends already have PS Vita's so its awesome that we all have on now. The gameplay is rock solid just like all Sony exclusives. Buy it!!!!!
  4. Jun 12, 2012
    awesome visuals, tight controls,new gameplay innovation, colorful artstyle
    highly recommended to all Vita owners

edit: Ignore all those Troll they haven't even played the Game this Game is definitely not a Jrpg
    (nice try Derpgames lol)
  5. Jun 12, 2012
    A wonderful breathe of fresh air, always nice to play a new IP instead of countless sequels/spin-offs. Gravity Manipulating mechanic is great, music is great, art style is great, overall atmosphere is fantastic. Kat is amusing as a character and has a pretty easy to please/helping personality. Combat is simple, all attacks are kicks really but the gravity mechanic throws a wrench in and makes the combat far more interesting.

Just a solid great new title.
  6. Jun 12, 2012
    Think back to the first time you booted up Final Fantasy 7, seeing this amazing new world, Aerith walking the streets of Midgar, to Clouds first appearance getting off the train and you suddenly began to realize you were about to play something special... That's exactly how you feel with gravity rush in all honesty. This is a must buy title that no one should miss regardless if you own a vita or not... There are still amazing game developers out there and Gravity Rush is a prime example of it. Expand
  7. Jul 2, 2012
    A really fun game. Although the story is not fully explained. I have a feeling everything will be explained in Gravity Rush 2. The controls are ok, it just takes a little time to get used to them. You will learn to use the Right analog stick and then fine tune with the PS Vita motion sensor.
  8. Jun 12, 2012
    This game is absolutely fantastic. From the beautiful art direction to the perfectly fitting soundtrack to the simple but exhilarating gameplay, this game has it all. Its clear that this game draws inspiration from a lot of other great titles, but the way this game has combined elements from other titles makes it a truly unique experience. You have probably never played a game like Gravity Rush before, and that's a good thing. Flying, (or falling I should say) and exploring the games beautiful environment is great fun. Although there isn't quite as much depth to the open world setting in gravity rush, what is here is a blast to play. I should also mention the vita specific controls, which are great. Tilting the vita to look around your environment as your floating really adds to the disorienting nature to the game play and really adds to the gameplay. You COULD use the right analog stick to preform the same function, but it isn't nearly as immersive. Also doing a gravity slide by placing both thumbs in the corner of the screen and tilting is alot of fun. If you've been on the fence about buying the vita, this game alone should change your mind. Fun and original titles like this don't come around to often. Expand
  9. Jun 12, 2012
    This game is incredible and I love the innovation in it. In this day of play it safe make a shooter it feels good to know someone is taking a risk. Also too many people are judging this and other Vita/3DS games as if they were console games. For a handheld this game is amazing and shows that the PS Vita really is a next gen handheld.
  10. Jun 12, 2012
    I thought this game wud be good but it was better than good it was really good, gameplays was really good, controls as well was really good i like how it uses a lot of the buttons and also graphics was really good, the cat looks like a real cat sort of mostly. And music was good i downloaded soundtrack off the youtube website and i listen it in bad quality on iPod, so happy now. I like it 10 thumbs up Sony!!!!! Expand
  11. Jun 12, 2012
    So far this is the Vita's strongest title (I admit that isn't saying a lot).
    Fantastic graphics, atmosphere, music, and fun gameplay mechanics really shape up to show off the Vita.
    A must have for anyone with a Vita, and a brain.
  12. Jun 12, 2012
    High quality, AAA title with an innovative game mechanic. The story is deep and draws you into the world. Easily the best handheld game to come out in a while.
  13. Jun 12, 2012
    Haterz gon hate, let em, anyone who spends 10minutes with gravity rush will be glad they played it. Game is rock solid and a couple idiots on a PC and that fat POS Jim Sterling (Worlds worst reviewer )can't change that!
  14. Jun 12, 2012
    Simply the best game avaliable for the PSVita and shows that the handheld device has more power than the 3DS. The graphics are stunning, gameplay is fluid, unique, original and innoative and the whole experience is just a blast, one you will never forget.
  15. Jun 12, 2012
    Excellent game, my favorite ps vita game so far, definitely a must buy for all video game lovers, simply amazing game, Best game I have ever played on a handheld.
  16. Jun 12, 2012
    Quite a good game. It has some flaws, but the overall presentation more than makes up for it. The unique use of gravity control to move, fight, and explore makes it different from other open world games, and makes this game a must have for Vita owners.
  17. Jun 12, 2012
    As the head of Nintendo America My body is usually ready.....but this is the first time i can truly say that my body wasn't ready.

10/10 Game of the Year
  18. Jun 13, 2012
    Amazing game. Exploring the world is fun, and unlike most things I've seen in games. Combat is interesting, and has more to it then meets the eye at first. The story is interesting, yet has a lot of components to keep up with, and ends in a way that all but guarantees a sequel. The level up and story progression system were also extremely well done as it gives you a good amount of freedom. Great game, best Vita game out there. Expand
  19. Jun 21, 2012
    I give Gravity Rush a 9. I've just completed it, what a truly great game it is!
    My overall playtime was probably between 15-20 hours, I can't check because the clock is bugged but it was most certainly longer than 12 hours which is probably the average, I spent a good bit of time just flying around and collecting gems.
    I had pretty high expectations (love Toyama's stuff) but Gravity
    Rush, for me, is his most accomplished game so far - there are moments in the game where you feel a rush (excuse the pun) of pure joy, as you plummet across the skies in shifting gravity, launching yourself head on to your enemies, painted against a pastel water coloured sky that melts into the landscape.
    For anyone still on the fence, I'll list a few of the pros and cons I came across:
    + Lovely story, there are a lot of loose ends, where the games just gives you enough to speculate but also keeps you guessing, the ending heavily implies a sequel is planned. These are my favourite kind of stories, where a lot of it is left to your own imagination rather than having an exposition dump
    + Charming, likeable characters. I don't think there's a single character I disliked! This is a big deal for me. Kat is a brilliant heroine.
    + Amazing visuals - technically it's the best looking handheld title I've ever played.
    + Carrying on from the last point, the art style is awesome, entirely consistent - down to the maps, the menus, the comic book style cutscenes, the quirky voice acting - it's all ace.
    + The soundtrack mixes equal levels of whimsy and more bombastic tunes to create a wonderful mixture of sound
    + When it hits it stride, the gameplay is really very fun, launching yourself around and homing in on enemies while being suspended upside down above a skyscraper becomes second nature to you
    + Exciting and varied boss battles
    + The gyro is used very well for subtle maneuvers
    - The gryo isn't as effective for more demanding maneuvers and for navigating tight corners and whatnot - The dash move is really quite unyielding and there seems to be a steep learning curve to master it (compared to the other uses with the gyro)
    - While the world is designed wonderfully, there's not much to do outside of challenges and listening to rumours. Some more gimmicks to add distraction and variety would be welcome (For instance, they could have fleshed out Kat's home and let us collect lots of little objects to put in there, or there could be some sort of Fortune Telling mini game)
    - Specifically, more variety with the sidequests themselves would have been nice - More enemy variety would be great
    - The game brings in a lot of story elements and characters towards the end, and so they're not expanded upon enough - we will have to wait at least a year or so for a sequel :(

Most of my complaints are basically that I wanted more variety, which is something that a sequel would definitely remedy
    I'm pretty confident there will be one
    It's my 'Folklore' of the Vita (a total gem!) It's the most ambitious handheld game I've ever had the pleasure to play, and with that comes some flaws, but I absolutely can overlook them because Gravity Rush is everything I look for in a game; oozing with charm and character, a joy to both look at and play, and leaves me wanting more.
    It's currently happily sitting on my 'Game of the Year' spot for a handheld title. And certainly takes it for 'Best new I.P' for me.
  20. Jun 12, 2012
    9.5 - The trolls are coming at full force, which is nothing new. Anyway, this is an incredible new adventure. Incredible sprawling and beautiful world coupled with an incredible art style, similar to Skyward Sword. Presentation is classy and sophisticated. Gameplay is action packed, daringly bold, and wonderfully executed. The original score is brilliant and gorgeous. There are a few rough edges, such as a semi wonky camera and gravity falling onto a building at a weird angle, but looking around those minor nitpicks Gravity Rush is a near perfect adventure. High replay value, wonderfully charming and daringly original. If you have a Vita, this is a must, and vita-less gamers now have something to envy. Expand
  21. Jun 12, 2012
    Haven't played through the entire game yet, just the full demo, and quite a bit on my friends Vita because my game hasn't come in, but I can safely say that this game is a 9.5/10 for me. The gravity mechanic, and the rest of the game-play is extremely fun, and innovative.
  22. Jun 12, 2012
    I'll give it a solid 10. This game is a piece of art in almost anything but the fighting mechanics gameplay. are kind sort off repetitive but en joyful. I easily recommend this game to anyone that have a PS Vita. I'm still enjoying this awesome game.
  23. Jun 13, 2012
    Ive been waiting for this since i first saw the trailer and i have to say it is amazing. The graphics is smooth, slick and beautiful. the gameplay and controls are polished and refined. Kat is a very lovable character and i cant wait to meet her again hopefully in a sequel. The game definitely doesnt feel like a handheld!
  24. Jun 13, 2012
    Amazing game! Finally the reason to own a ps vita!!! This game is beyond amazing and I hope to see more from these developers!Everything is Macnificent, minor glitches but nothing to be bothered about!
  25. Jun 13, 2012
    Great artwork, great gameplay, great story...GREAT GAME!
    Kat is such an adorable character.. Im really enjoying this game, I have no idea how it will end, but I sure hope we get more games like this one!!!
    love it
  26. Jun 13, 2012
    Gravity Rush is the first real gem I've played that was exclusively made for the Vita. It showcases beautiful graphics, a fun and smooth physics engine, adorable story telling that is able to get a bit dark at times, and most importantly, a fresh idea. The ability to shift gravity to your will works FLAWLESSLY and it is accompanied by an upgrade system that really makes you feel like each time you invest your gems into an upgrade, the payoff really shows. The gameplay takes place in a nice sized open world, that expands as the story goes on. The character's are likeable, and the story, while not revolutionary by any means, does enough to keep you interested and smiling. The real focus here as far as the gameplay goes comes with the many challenges throughout the world. Players can choose to help restore parts of the world they find themselves in, and in doing so are rewarded with new challenges that utilize Kat's (the main character) skill set. These challenges are range from decent to incredibly fun, and while they are not too difficult to beat and get a bronze medal in, you are going to have to do a bit of extra work if you want to get the gold. The main story has you take on a variety of quests, ranging from talking to citizens and helping find missing people, to fighting off massive Nevi (the antagonists) monsters who are trying to take over.

The world is a beautiful one, and it really shows off the power of the Vita. A game like this, where the core premise is gravity manipulation, means that the designers really had to build not only a horizontally beautiful world, but also take into consideration all the verticallity that comes with that. You are able to scale walls, run or slide across rooftops, and or jump on to massive blimps that are floating around the world and THIS is one of the things that makes Gravity Rush a truly unique experience. The world starts out relatively small and expands to something much larger by the end of the game, and it does so at what feels like just the right pace.

I really hope this review doesn't get lost among all the nonsense that seems to be getting posted on metacritic about this game. It's debatable whether or not Gravity Rush alone is a good reason to purchase a Vita, but if you have the Vita already there's almost NO reason for you to not at least check out the demo (although in my opinion the demo doesn't do the final product justice). This is a great game, and it has me, along with many other Vita owners, excited about the future of this system.
  27. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is immensely fun, no matter what you're doing in it. I'm only about 4-5 hours into my playthrough but I can say this is easily one of the funnest games I've played in recent memory. I said Rayman Origins was my favorite vita game but it's gonna have to share the cake now. -update- My only complaints are that the combat does get repetitive after a while and the missions feel a bit too linear, but I'm still giving this a 10 as I still think this is a very ambitious title especially for a handheld. Expand
  28. j3i
    Jun 14, 2012
    Gravity Rush was highly entertaining and one of the few games I wished would not end. Though the controls take some getting used to, mastering them and learning to use every ability at your disposal feels amazing. However, the developers give little reason to explore the in-game world (which is a shame since whoever designed it is a GENIUS.) That said, this game has a very charming presentation and story. The game mechanics are simple but can be used creatively. The six axis motion and touchscreen controls are not too intrusive. Overall, I do not see any reason not to get this game for the Vita as it is simply a great video game experience. There is definitely a bright future for this IP. Expand
  29. Jun 15, 2012
    The game is great and has really fresh mechanic. I knew from the start that it would be story based, and i like that, so i bought it and enjoyed. But i read some negative reviews there people didn't like the game just because it's not OMG RESISTANCE burning skies?!!11 wtf?!?!1 are you serious. It's not FPS, it's not even a shooter. The game is totally not about that.
  30. Jun 15, 2012
    Believe the hype! Gravity Rush will not disappoint, this game is truly amazing! I've had high expectations for this game and it delivered! Gravity Rush uses innovative controls, a compelling storyline, a likeable cast, and spectacular graphics! Go buy it!
  31. Jun 13, 2012
    A really amazing game that surpasses the sum of it's parts through sheer will of stylish force. Once you've grasped the gravity mechanic, the world opens up in a whole new way. A must play for any Vita owner.
  32. Jun 13, 2012
    Gravity rush is a one of a kind. gameplay is very fluid, art style is amazing, the game is very east to get the hang of. one of the best games ive purchased in a while the graphics are amazing, music is phenomenal, and the over-all world is very large.
  33. Jun 13, 2012
    If there's one Vita game you're going to get, it has to be Gravity Rush. The mix of story and game play works out nicely together. The graphics are beautiful and the towns are highly detailed. Flying anywhere you want is a sensational feeling.
  34. Jun 13, 2012
    A superfluid review:

Story: The plot is light-hearted, whimsical and quite humorous. Kat, the protagonist, is outgoing and free spirited. She is most definitely likeable and you will find yourself wanting to see her story of self realization through to the end. Though the game feels very Japanese, Gravity Rush does a good job of keeping any player interested regardless of their views
    of the Anime/Japanese style.

Combat: The combat mechanic is basic but fun. You will find yourself button mashing more often then not and you will be frustrated by the occasional, missed gravity kick (as you soar right by an enemy and off into the distance). The game try's to convince you the upgrade system is expansive but mostly results in more powerful versions of the same moves and attacks. Aside from a handful of special moves, you will start the game with most of Kat's arsenal of abilities from the get-go. The baddies you face may look similar at first, but as the number of creatures increase so does their diversity. One of my favourite enemies looks as if it was ripped from a "War of The Worlds" movie poster, painted by Salvador Dali. Just think 'Stilts', and you will know it, when you see it.

Just Screwing Around: In between story missions, you will find yourself naturally wanting to experiment with your gravity powers, I am glad to say there are plenty of outlets scattered through-out the world in which to do so. Exploration is rewarded with precious stones, the game's currency, which you can use to upgrade Kat's latent powers and generally make her stronger. You can unlock challenge missions through-out the game's environment, which test your mastery of gravity and endow you with a large sum of stones. There is no Grand Theft Auto sand box here, but the break from pushing the plot forward is welcome and rewarding.

Style: In this department; Gravity Rush Soars(Pun intended). The Cell Shading was an excellent choice and is complimented by the multi-prospective comic book style cut scenes. The water colors look fluid and while "falling" through the air, there is a wonderful feeling of speed (and weight, as you impact the ground, wall, building, airship, or bridge you may find in your path). Personally, I love how clumsy Kat looks as she vaults, arms and legs flailing a bit, from building to building. The way she seems to crash into every surface she lands on, seems appropriate, considering Kat is always falling.... even if she is; falling up.

Outlook: Gravity Rush is an excellent game. It has a pick-up and play feel that suits the Vita Hand-held. And where it does suffer a failing or two, wonky camera for instance, all is ultimately forgiven. The $35 price tag is well worth a chance to play as Kat and defy gravity as you see fit.

*Please disregard all the inappropriately rock bottom scores some users have been posting, I cannot, for the life of me, understand who would completely dislike Gravity Rush as it is unique, colorful, funny... and most importantly fun.
  35. Jun 14, 2012
    Gravity Rush is a gem hiding in the sea of rehashed ideas and mediocrity that big budget games have become today. It saddens me a little, to see certain review sites seem to have bought into the norm so much, that they can't even appreciate a game as special as this one. Gravity Rush is perhaps the best game I've played this year. As a first gen Vita title, it suffers some technical limitations in draw distance and the like, but highly benefits from the control scheme, overall making the Vita feel like the best system to host the game. Characters are likable, music excellent, the style and comic cut scenes work well together, the gravity mechanic isn't a gimmick, but truly fun and gives a great sense of freedom... pacing is great, it's broken up well between story missions, challenges, and sandbox, so it always feels fresh.... the only flaw is perhaps that combat mechanics can sometimes feel slightly less polished than the rest of the game.. which is why I rated down a point. Overall though, Gravity Rush has really impressed me, and it's the type of game you want to tell people about, so that they can have the great experience of playing it. Expand
  36. Jun 14, 2012
    This game is the first true PS Vita IP, its an awesome adventure, beautiful cities and art style, charming characters and story. Controls need to be tighter in the sequel otherwise a must have.
  37. Jun 14, 2012
    A true one of a kind game, Gravity Rush("Gravity Daze" in Japan) attempts to change the overall quality of the PS vita game library.Gravity Rush is a special game that does not come around often, it introduces an interesting local and interesting control mechanics that really do set it apart from the crowd.The story is quite simple and is interesting enough to keep you playing,although the male characters are unnecessarily weak ,Please do not miss out on Gravity Rush because it is the best PS Vita game to date and is a must-buy. Expand
  38. Jun 23, 2012
    Gravity Rush has beautiful visuals (cell shaded so it will age gracefully, you can come back to this game in 10 years and it will still look great, ie: windwaker), its got a wonderful and fully realized story. While the combat is sometimes wonky, once you get the hang of it, its extremely satisfying, and utilizes the Vita's hardware beautifully. As with anything new, it takes getting used to, but once you do - you'll be able to experience one of the best new IP's of the year. I highly recommend grabbing your copy of Gravity Rush today if you already own a Vita; if not, start saving. Expand
  39. Jun 13, 2012
    Great game, wonderful controls, fun combat. I love it! Best vita game so far, could be a wonderful console release. Fun and random missions break up any monotony.
  40. Jun 14, 2012
    This game has three things going for it that make it excellent: 1)amazing graphics, 2)beautiful art style, 3)game mechanic that is unique AND fun. Some games sacrifice fun to be innovative, but this game manages to do both. On top of that, you have great art rendered beautifully. I would give this game a 10 no matter what platform it was on. The fact that it is portable is just incredible.
  41. Jun 14, 2012
    I have played the demo months before this came out and I instantly preordered it and now its realese is great and one of the best vita games. The graphics look Nice for a early title and it is cool how yo control gravity which makes the combat fun
  42. Jun 14, 2012
    This game is amazing!! Very beautiful and intelligent, different!! The PS Vita its beggining to win life!! I'm having too much fun. An extensive and creative world. Happy with my Vita.
  43. Jun 15, 2012
    Joined metacritic just to get the word out about this game.

I've been a hardcore gamer for like 20 years and haven't played a game this immersive since final fantasy VII.

YOU NEEED to buy this people. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Gameplay, story, characters, beautiful music - it's got a weird awesome vibe going on.
  44. Jun 19, 2012
    Excelente juego, totalmente artístico y adictivo, una COMPRA OBLIGADA para todo fan de los juegos de aventuras y poseedores de un VITA. 100/100 Graficas, musica, historia, personajes, toda una experiencia UNICA e INIGUALABLE en la palma de nuestras manos.
  45. Jun 20, 2012
    I was continually impressed while playing this game with both the ambitious scale of the city, and the calibre of the gameplay. I have heard complaints about the combat system, but I found it to be quite enjoyable. The particular challenges of using the gravity system was a welcome new experience. If I had one complaint it would be that I wish there were more story-based side missions rather that just the challenges - but that is only a minor gripe in a very enjoyable game. Expand
  46. Jun 21, 2012
    Excellent game...one of the best open world games ive played in a while with great great art style and music...lots to do always keep it feeling fresh...a much needed great title for the Vita to help it pick up in sales...something it very much deserves
  47. Jun 17, 2012
    Gravity Rush is a great game that displays the PS Vita's potential. Its a must buy for anyone who ones a PS Vita, enjoys comics and superheros, and doesn't mind a bit of Japanese voice acting. With a well built world that encourages users to explore and experiment, I give this game a 9/10, as everything that goes into the game just makes sense. My only complaint which lost the game its 10/10 rating is in combat. When combat begins to get more advanced, I found the camera angle to be difficult to manipulate and often took hits because of it, however this should be expected in a game on the vita. Other than that, the game is great- from the story and how it is told to the characters to the art style (I really like the art style). The game also has replay value, if you are up for the challenge, and a handful of dlcs planned, so if you are thinking about picking it up, go right ahead, I recommend it. Expand
  48. Jun 18, 2012
    Awesome game, Gravity Rush is a great game that displays the PS Vita's potential. Its a must buy for anyone who ones a PS Vita, enjoys comics and superheros, and doesn't mind a bit of Japanese voice acting. With a well built world that encourages users to explore and experiment
  49. Jun 18, 2012
    Great game. In the midst of it now. The graphics are detailed, I really enjoy the storytelling and the anti-gravity effects are way cool. One of the best games I've played on the Vita thus far.
  50. Jun 18, 2012
    This is one of those special games that come around every so often. A great little sandbox game with bundles of character ,style,originality.id recommend this game in an instant go buy it and enjoy!
  51. Jun 19, 2012
    The atmosphere is fantastic, the music score is brilliant, the characters are edgy and the game looks amazing. Package this with a unique control options, fun missions an interesting story and I'll venture to say that this is one of the best games on the Vita to date. I think you should go buy it.
  52. Jun 27, 2012
    Visually amazing. Rocking soundtrack. Great story with vivid characters. It plays like a dream. Sandbox RPG with tons of hours of FUN. Best game in a handheld. Period.
  53. Jul 7, 2012
    very Unique most have game for the vita. So far this is the best game available for the vita. It is alot of fun and it is pack with action. I never played a game like this. Its a game and a comic book. The comic scene in this game is great. Very good graphics for a handheld. I like the cartoonish graphics. It isnt as great as ps3 graphics but it still a very good design game. There is so much to do on this game. A lot of side missions in this game. One of vita best. #handheld game of the year Expand
  54. Jul 9, 2012
    A very beautiful game. It is a masterpiece in the art, story, and gameplay. It was one of the most original games I have played and I want more! If you were thinking about getting a Vita, this game would make it worth it. The best game out for the Vita currently, hands down.
  55. Jul 10, 2012
    Whow! Cute Story, Atmosphere...and very nice Gameplay. And even the Controls do feel very right. Its really a unique little title that combines all these things like it was a picture whole of the time. Kudos to that team! Its one of these games, that makes you love your Vita. And if somebody says this game isn't good, he's right. Its just awesome! It reminds me somtimes on Batman:AC, or GTA in some way, but with an anime art style and some asian love. Why so? Guess you know it, if you've played it! Expand
  56. Jul 12, 2012
    Gravity Rush was supposed to be the PlayStation Vita's savior. And honestly, it comes very close. The graphics are near perfect the only problem I had with them was that when you kicked something, the object would disappear. But that's the only problem with the graphics, everything else is PERFECT. The comic feel really pulls it all together. The idea is ingenious. It's perfect. "Falling" towards the destination you want to go. It isn't flying, but it feels like it. The sound is awesome! The made up language is just like Simlish and was based on Japanese, but mixed up and given a French accent. Exactly what it sounds like and it sounds pretty cool. The gameplay mechanics do have problems. Not enough to make the game any worse than 10/10 but it can be annoying at times. Trying to attack an enemy and having it move just an inch to the right and you fly right by, is quite frustrating. It's not enough to make it any worse and the game is tons of fun. Plus the trophies are very easy! Expand
  57. Nov 20, 2012
    Easily the portables best game so far and one of the few reasons to own a Vita.The gravity mechanic itself is simply fantastic and the only weakness of this game is the combat.If you have a Vita,you must have this.
  58. Nov 25, 2012
    GRAVITY RUSH - A game that I truly loved, in my eyes it is, the best Vita game, one of the best games I've played this year and is one of the best portable experiences I've had - if not the best.

It's a beautiful title - with its' unbelievably huge Open-world, fantastic music ( here's a link to my favorite track : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpqOrFPcWXk&feature=player_embedded), it's
    cool artistic feeling to it, unique combat and fascinating story.

Honestly, it's all of those things combined that made me love the game, the beautiful graphics and fantastic music on their own are seller - and to press 'R' move my Vita and press it again to see Kat fly ( well technically fall ) through the huge open-world, dropped my Jaw for the first time and something about that vast feeling of freedom to this small character in this new world to her, aids to that experience.
    Also it genuinely felt like and Open-world title aside from map being really - really big there are a lot of side missions, a lot of people to talk to ( the conversation were amazing, how you might pick up a word or 2 from the person you are conversing with, words that makes you tilt you head back, and think 'could it be ?' or 'what if.. ' - ).

I could go on and on, but this review is probably going to get lost - unnoticed, just like how the game lost the attention it deserved.
  59. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is unique. If you have enough money to buy a vita and this game, go buy it. The combat is difficult
    to get the hang of, but once you do you will be blasting nevi's away. I love this game, go buy it, it's a must have.
  60. Sep 6, 2013
    A great and original IP. A superb open world to explore with Kat and Dusty. An intriguing story which leaves room for hopefully a sequel. Graphics are amazing and has re-playability. A must have
  61. Dec 21, 2013
    Have to say, started this game with low expectations because I had somewhere understood this was a racer. Was I wrong ...
    In short, superb game. Creative design, very original and playful story (albeit a bit incomprehensive at times). Gameplay is fun too. It also doesn't make the mistake to throw you way too much alternative activities to drag things out, very well balanced.
    Special
    credits to the music too, especially the pleasure district tune.
    Go get this if you haven't already!
  62. Jul 17, 2012
    This is seriously the best vita game ever and one of the best games out this year so far. There are hours upon hours of game play available. The challenges are almost as fun as the actual story mode. If you ever needed a good reason to finally get a vita. This is it.
  63. Jul 16, 2012
    A great mix of open world exploration, RPG, and unique combat mechanics makes this a must-have for any Vita owners. It has amazing visuals and intriguing environments that are fun to explore as you level up and your gravity travel and combat powers increase. At first, exploration can be a bit of an exercise in risk vs reward, but once you gather enough gems to level up a few times it becomes a breeze to zoom around (over, under and in-between) the various floating parts of the city to find even more gems and other intriguing side quests and dialogue trees. The story is mostly nonsensical, but serves adequately as a thin and mostly unassuming anime-ish means to hit on all the fun possibilities for main character Kat to explore and improve her powers.

The combat and the side challenges you unlock, once you get your legs under you with your kick and slide and other attack powers in the highly vertical environments, is quick-paced, meaty and fun. Just be warned a lot of the challenges and a few of the boss battles are not easy to master until you level up Kat's powers a decent amount.
  64. Aug 12, 2012
    Amazing campaign, beautiful graphics, wonderful open world to explore, and a great story, along with the interesting way it goes through the story. Gyroscopic controls are sweet, and the characters are wonderful, the world is always changing and its always fun riding on the airboats. A must own for PS Vita.
  65. Sep 17, 2012
    Undeniably, Gravity Rush is a great excuse for many people to buy PS Vita in instance (including me ), and it is a game with both great creativity and playability (whatever). It`s graphic quality is just of mid-stream among Vita games, but this do not disturb it becoming a great game though the pattern of attacking enemies` core is a bit fusty after long term of playing. SCE has brought the main characters with life with the comic-style story illustration, although the end was, I have to say, VERY abrupt. I never expected the defeat of that vulnerable-looking big ball indicates the end of the game! How about the mayor? How about the children and the ark? How about Kat`s memory and the truth about Heksville? All right, let`s hope that SCE has saved those for the Gravity Rush 2, which I`m sure to buy without the slightest hesitation. Expand
  66. Sep 29, 2012
    This is a game with a defined and pronounced art and story telling style. From the comic book style speech boxes to the heroic heroine this game provides an experience unique to any other game or console. The ending is a bit open-ended but with the makers all but confirming a sequel in the works it's to be expected. However here are some things you should consider as strong reasons not to buy it

Dizzyness: The game's controls throw you for a loop and the camera throws a fit after a missed kick or particularly sharp turn maneuver. Combat: not the best combat system I've ever seen but an intriguing one. the reliance on a single attack can make fighting some times monotonous but special moves and upgrades can break the pace.

Story: as I mentioned before the ending is open. There are many loose ends by the end of the story most of which I presume will be solved in the sequel but if you come in expecting answers by the end you will be disappointed. If you feel you can work through these then you are ready for a genuinely amazing adventure.
  67. Oct 2, 2012
    I thought I'd fallen out of love with gaming till I played this game with dark souls and skyrim being the only games I,ve adored in last year. Gravity rush is unique has a great story it was half way before I noticed I could upgrade powers which may have made it too easy. 15hours here easy and I can't compare it to anything I've ever played 8.5/10
  68. Nov 13, 2012
    very good game with its story graphics and music pretty awesome game thank you sony a lot wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
  69. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is the best, so far, vita game I have played. The music, graphics and atmosphere are beautiful and simplistic, but the best, and most unique, part is gravity control. You get to change which way is down for the main character you play as, Kat; and it's absolutely genius! Instead of flying, you are always falling to your destination, be it a checkpoint or an about-to-be kicked enemy. The story is interesting, the characters are funny and the gameplay is unlike anything I've ever played. This game isn't only amazing for a Vita game, but for gaming in general. This is one fine reason to own a Vita. Expand
  70. Dec 5, 2012
    This is an excellent game for the Vita. The idea of shifting gravity to move/fight is innovative and a joy to play. The story is well-written (not perfect, mind you). The protagonist, Kat, is easy to like and relate to (some of her struggles are quite comical). The other characters in the plot add to the game's rich and colorful style. The graphics are great for a handheld. What the Vita couldn't do, the game developers did a good job of covering that up and making the game look great (parts of the city that look like silhouettes at a distance blend nicely into the background). The gameplay is satisfying, but can be frustrating at times. Overall, the gameplay a joy. There is nothing like travelling a free-roam environment whilst controlling gravity. I would definitely recommend this game to just about every Vita owner. I would not, however, recommend this game to people that get frustrated extremely easily. Expand
  71. Dec 31, 2012
    Gravity Rush is a truly unique experience and the fact that it is on a handheld device makes it even more special. From the beginning of the game, Gravity Rush gives you a gripping story line, lovable characters, colorful graphics, and controls that were easy to use. Japan Studios created a game that gives people a reason to own a Playsation Vita. Gravity Rush begins with a girl named Kat who has lost her memory. Much of story continues with you meeting memorable characters and trying to help the city that you have found yourself in. Now, I would give more of an understanding of the story and setting Gravity Rush presents but it would be difficult. The only real problem this game has is that is fails to answer many of the questions that are brought up. Besides that, Gravity Rush plays very well, always providing you with new abilities, upgrades, and powers. Graphics are amazing, especially on a handheld and they even look as good as present games on the Playstation 3. If you are looking for a reason to purchase a Playstation Vita, then this is it. Gravity Rush is the best handheld game I have ever played and is easily one of the best games I've played overall. Expand
  72. Jan 2, 2013
    After finally getting around to purchasing the game and spending some time with it, I was pleasantly surprised with what the game had to offer in terms of style, originality and providing a unique and genuinely enjoyable experience, but this doesn't stop it falling short in a few aspects along the line. First off, the premise for the game is a breath of fresh air, offering something completely different to the standard fare, telling the story through its gameplay and use of interactive comic book styled panels. A girl named Kat awakes in a surreal plane of existence where a town floats above a pool of roiling black matter, tragedy becomes apparent only moments after getting to her feet as the town starts being torn apart by what is known as a gravity storm and you are called on by the people to aid them in saving and bringing the broken world back together. The game offers a multitude of different mechanics and abilities that allow you to traverse the world, this is where the game succeeds and also fails in some areas. Traversing the map is by far one of the most fun gameplay mechanics I've ever had the pleasure of using by utilizing the vita's tech you can suspend gravity and re employ it in any direction you see fit. Rushing through the air and falling to earth feels so weighty and visceral that id often find myself scrunching up my face as I came plunging towards the ground. But......When you are trying to do some of the harder side missions these controls don't feel precise enough to get the job done, akin to someone handing you a potato and being told to peel it with a spoon, I came close to snapping the vita over my head on more than one occasion Apart from that minor gripe though it doesn't affect the rest of the game and it is definitely a must buy for anyone who may be on the fence, there's enough ghosty people, galactic cats and old man galaxy crotches to keep you entertained for a long time. Expand
  73. Jan 2, 2013
    Are you looking for a ultra-mega-fun game with a gameplay never seen before? Then Gravity Rush is your game. The graphics are beautiful, the history is interesting, the gameplay is AWESOME. Kat (the main character) is one of my favorite characters now: she's cute, have a golden heart but she is strong and bad ass too. The cut-scenes are formidable and play this game is like give a break to all you know about videogames. IT'S FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Expand
  74. Feb 1, 2013
    To put it simply: play this game. I made an account on Metacritic to tell you that. It's an extremely polished, fun, and unique game unlike anything on any console, especially Vita. I had my doubts at first about the game and the initial impression is a bit 'gimmicky'. But don't be put off by that. The art style, presentation, and graphical quality to the world and characters is quite charming. It's almost a neo-dystopian meets anime steampunk (think a touch of Full Metal Alchemist), blended with a bit of Miyazaki for good measure. Gameplay wise, once you grapple with the zero-g mechanic (rely on the right-stick more than the motion sensor for precision) you'll get a grasp of your relation to the ground. The game slickly hints to you where the 'down' is by having Kat's hair point in that direction apparently her hair defies gravity-defying power (that's a new one). Combined with a fast paced and genuinely responsive set of jumping and combat maneuvers, it's a joy to play. The enemies, while admittedly a bit generic at first, start to become more unique as the game opens up. You'll actually look forward to combat in this game.

Ultimately I just wanted to keep playing. It's the mark of any good game.
  75. Feb 12, 2013
    I'm gonna keep my review short for the sake of your time but Gravity Rush is one of the best games on the VITA at the moment and one of the best games of all time. The story is excellent, wandering around the open-world city you're given is a blast, and there is a lot of content in store here. The only real problem is the controls. Sometimes it may get hard to fight with Kat under the original button controls. However you quickly forget about this flaw. Is this worth buying if you have a VITA? Yes. Is this worth buying a VITA for? Definitley. Take my word for it and play this original, creative game. Good Job Japan Studio. Expand
  76. Feb 13, 2013
    This game is a fantastic entry to the Vita library. A superb title and a must own to any Vita owners. But of course, every game has its good points and flaws.
    - Gameplay it utilizes every function of Vita, which is a huge win for me, The gameplay is simple and interesting especially the the gravity mechanics. I had so much fun just switching from left to right, upside down, or standing
    diagonally. But the controls were a bit wonky, it felt too sensitive and I wished that I could toggle the controls. It needs a bit more customization in the options so I could adjust the HUD or the sensitivity or the key bindings to suit my play style. I sometimes had trouble targeting specific points, the gravity kick was really hard to target, and the gravity special attack (The spiral one) was difficult to aim because of the camera going haywire. Needs lots of fine-tuning 8/10 Graphics It's fantastic, I can tell that the developers really put a lot of love into the details. For a handheld console the graphics is superb, I might even argue that it can rival PS3 graphics. They could try to fine line the characters or the NPCs because they sometimes blend in with the background too much. 9/10
    - Sound The music is awesome, it's a mix of European plus Japanese soothing music blended in together to produce Gravity Rush's soundtrack. The music made the game even more engaging and entertaining to play. 10/10
    - Story The story in this game is interesting since it's about a girl with mysterious powers with her trusty companion, Dusty, to solve her mysterious past. Although the cliffhanger ending left me with a sour note in my mouth, but the lore is extremely interesting. 7/10
    - Lasting Appeal There should be more side quests and back story on some of the characters (hopefully they will answer this in the sequel) the game felt a tad bit short for my taste. The competitive side missions was challenging but frustrating, because of the wonky controls. But this game was so good that I'll recommend to any Vita owner to get it. It's a game that will stay with me for a long time. 8/10

Final verdict is 8.5
  77. Feb 14, 2013
    Gravity Rush is an extremely unique and creative game, and one that is intriguing and addictive from the get-go. The gameplay is fairly simple and easy to get the hang of, yet there are many different ways in which to utilize Kat's gravity shifting powers. This game does a good job of showing off the VITA's graphics capabilities, and the world is visually appealing. The story is a little cutesy, and a bit short, but it is far from dull.

The only thing that prevents me from giving the game a 10 is how easy it is. I'm not saying there was never a moment in the game I struggled with, but I advanced through the game's 21 chapters without much resistance. Once the game is beaten, it isn't all that difficult to achieve Platinum either. I'd really like this to be a game I come back to again and again, but there just isn't much replay value.

That being said, this title is definitely one worthy of getting the VITA for it.
  78. Feb 18, 2013
    This game is the best game original game i've come across in years, i'd say its the PS Vita's strongest game in showing what it can do and that games don't have to be mini (iphone) style games or little brothers of their console counterparts, this is a full, long game with great gameplay and a really enthrawling plot, I found myself playing it whenever I could.

Graphics are cell shaded
    Manga style which lends itself well to the PS Vita, amd rather than cutscene videos there are little comic strips which work really well with the feel of the game, there are also realtime cut scenes now and again.

The world you have to explore is very rich with lots of people and places to find, it's huge!

It is a somewhat girly game but well worth a play if you like RPG's

The reason I give it a 9, moving about the world can sometimes be a bit of a pain, and if you commute on a bus you can't play this game as whenever the bus turns your character does in the game due to the gyro, but this is trivial. Also the loading times when you die or start the game can be frustratingly long.
  79. Feb 21, 2013
    Now this title is a very worthy thing to be called a Vita game. The game revolves around you having the ability to manipulate gravity and it does it so well. The graphics are so eye-catching and I think this may be the first open-world game on the Vita and that is why it is so stunning. Now the only reason why this game got a 9 from me is because the Story was really just too short, but all in all a nice game that I would recommend to anyone. Expand
  80. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is amazing. I bought a Vita mostly to play this I was impressed before I play, and I got MORE impressed after that. The game has some weak points, like the fact that you're not allowed to make a single decision on the game it's pretty linear and you sometimes get angry with the decisions taken by the main character. The end wasn't that good as well I do believe the game was "improperly cut" in the middle of the history it had to end BEFORE it really ended or after.

AMAZING game. I REALLY recommend this to anyone.
  81. Feb 28, 2013
    This is probably the one true, original series on the Vita that is not either a rehash of an old game or a remake. I personally like it alot, even if the combat system is not entirely fun or easy to use. However the story is wonderful and Kat, the main character, is very easy to like. And the game is free for PS+ users, making spending 50 dollars on a year subscription alot easier to justify. I'd highly recommend getting that over actually getting this game, provided you have a decent sized memory card. But this is a fun game and wonderful to play. Expand
  82. Mar 11, 2013
    Dont even think about it The game is awesome pure art magic and epicness A must title for every gamer out there I should say more about the game but i dont have to just go and play the game it worths your time ...every second
  83. Apr 1, 2013
    Gravity Rush is a very addicting game. You'll get absorbed by the story's sad, fun and dark sides. You'll get dizzy at first and will have a difficulty controlling Kat but you'll get used it after more than an hour of game play. The graphics are great but a little bit angular.

I rated this game, 10 because of the new game experience such as Kat roaming the city freely by land or by air,
    lot of side plays, and the leveling system. Also this game is exclusively distributed on PS Vita. :)

I downloaded the Maid and the Spy packs and found it also very fun. Hope there's a sequel for this game.
  84. Apr 6, 2013
    Very different. Combat isn't the best but i gotta say it is a solid play. Flying around changing gravity. Exploring a town. It has a curious story and is compelling to keep playing. If your a fan of Shadow of colossus give this a shot. Its different. Its good. and well worth it.
  85. Apr 15, 2013
    Fantastic game, a must have! This is hands down one of the most entertaining and satisfying handheld games available on the portable console. I purchased the vita just for this game
  86. Jun 19, 2013
    Just got this for free as a PS+ instant game collection game, and have been playing non stop for hours. While the game does seem somewhat handicapped by the Vita (areas to explore aren't nearly as big as they seem), the gravity mechanics are wonderful and addictive. I would love to see a full console release of this, because if they really let you go nuts in s huge open world it would put other open world super power games like inFamous and Prototype to shame. Expand
  87. Jun 25, 2013
    Awesome original game on vita! Graphics are Amazing, story is interesting. Look forward for the second, even though dunno if they planned or not, hope we will have online play then.
  88. Aug 6, 2013
    I Finished Gravity Rush Today, and I must say its one of the Best Vita Launch Titles, Since its a Original Idea, made for a Fresh new console, I thought the Vita controls, were implemented really well, examples would be the smart use of the Gyroscope and Touch-screen, without feeling like these controls are force upon the player like some games, But Kat, is a Lovable Main character, funny smart, impatient and on the side very cute,for a girl whose woken up in a new world riddled with Problems and Amnesia, Slowly uncovering where she came from and helping people along the way...for anyone who just got a PSVita I Truly recommend this Title, it has a Decent Length and Much to do... Expand
  89. Aug 30, 2013
    Hands down, the best vita exclusive available. If P4G wasn't reason enough to own a sony's shiny new handheld, here's your excuse. I have nothing else to say.
  90. Oct 3, 2013
    Great simple fun with a lot of imagination and story. Great comic book style cut scenes and great leveling system. This game alone made the 50.00 a year for playstation plus worth it with how fun and addicting smart it is and how well the tilt function works with the cut scenes.
  91. Oct 6, 2013
    Fantastic game. Gorgeous art style. Most original game-play I've experienced in years. I just don't understand how the score to this game is not higher. I would bet that, if this was a 3DS games, the score would be at least 90 if not higher.
  92. Oct 19, 2013
    Very interesting and unusual game! When i saw it first time i thought it is boring game about some girl, who shifts some gravity and so on, with Japanese graphics, then when i saw it is available on PS+ i decided to give it a try, and you know what? I didn't regret it. Unusual gameplay, a bit strange graphics and plot, but this game is very great. I think it is a must have for all of the PS Vita owners. Expand
  93. Dec 20, 2013
    Kat and her cat are a great team. With the power of a cat, Kat may gravitate, which gives us many opportunities in the world of Gravity Rush. Great graphics, interesting story, quite enjoyable music is great strengths of the game. I think combat system could be improved, which sometimes became boring. But this is still a good game! This is something new then I have to give it a 10!
  94. Jan 3, 2014
    A heart warming uniquely game with spectacular illustrated cutscenes and free flowing gameplay and combat mechanics, A must own game on the vita handheld, and it's FREE on ps plus atm!
  95. Mar 7, 2014
    I enjoyed every minute inside the world of Gravity Rush. A fresh game among others, really original, really funny, and charismatic. Playing with the gravity in a sandbox environment was one of the best portable game experience, and shows tha PSVita could give to us.
    In spite of the fact that game is too short, and the expensive and shorts DLC's, you must taste this game.
  96. Mar 10, 2014
    one of Vita's best original games by far. good story with great control (air battles can get a little hectic at times) tons of collectibles to find and side challenges to do. good story, could be better. lack of voice acting is a plus/negative depending on what you like.
  97. Mar 22, 2014
    Story: 8.5 out of 10 Graphics: 8 out of 10 Gameplay: 9 out of 10 Fun: 9 out of 10 Controls: 9 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 8.5 out of 10
    Length: 8 out of 10
    Re-play: 7 out of 10
    Audio: 9 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: None from my experience
  98. Jul 10, 2014
    Scoring on the basis of gameplay, visuals/audio, stability, and replay.

Gameplay: 10/10
    Wow, gameplay is suburb and the concept unique. Imagine the fluid 3D platformer gameplay of Mario 64 but with the ability to manipulate gravity. The battles are nice and smooth with a good flow to it and the gravity manipulation adds another layer to it. Enemy is too high to reach? Invert gravity
    and now you're falling on it. Boss's weak point is at a strange angle? Manipulate gravity and fall one way, then change it again, and fall in another direction and now you're above the weak point at an angle where you can drop on it.

The ability to control gravity also adds another level to the exploration aspect. The game takes place is a city that is something like a steampunk Cloud City. Controling gravity lets you explore every little nook and cranny of this city, from jumping from tall buildings to running around the underbelly of the city. Over time you kind of become a local superheroine and random people will be asking you to use your gravity bending powers to help them out. You can use your powers to fly/fall across the sky, or to run up and down walls, and it's a power that you can activate a will as opposed to needing special conditions.

The combo system is pretty basic and straight forward, nothing really new, though with the Vita's tilt controls you can jump up and use the tilt control to aim where you'll land your head stomp attack. It takes a little getting used to and I know some people won't like it, but it's optional.

There is also some light RPG elements, you can level up your character and her abilities, like having a longer gravity meter or more health, or new combos.

Visuals/audio: 10/10
    The graphics are really nice and the animation is very smooth, very little texture tearing or weird glitches like spasming bodies. The audio is crisp and clear, and I haven't run into any audio glitches.

The visuals and audio also really serve to give this game some personality. The art style and the music creates a setting like 1920s America, the so-called "Roaring 20s". There's even a character that shows up later that's pretty much a chick Rocketeer. The color pallette and the music are bright and upbeat giving the game something of a "happy" feel as opposed to something like GTA or LA Noir.

Stability: 10/10
    This is definitely a well built game. I haven't run into any freezes or crashes. All the functionality is there and everything works. No instaces of the game just stopping to work or save files getting corrupted.

Replayablity: 8/10
    Replay value seemed about average, you have several DLC missions along with the side quests in the main game. It isn't on the level of Killzone: Mercenary (another must have for a Vita owner), but it's about what would be expected, maybe a little more so.

Overall: 38/40
    This would be a good game on a home console. If the PSP didn't do it, then the Vita certainly proves you can have the experience of a modern home console game on a hand held. This game is that good. And not just a budget title but a full priced on at that. Sony could just copy-past this into a PS3 game and it would still be awesome.

Having a Vita and not owning this game is like having a PS3 and not owning any of the Uncharted games.
  99. Jul 22, 2014
    Gravity Rush is the 1st Vita game Iv ever played (Xmas 2013) and I think its amazing for a handheld title. The graphics are amazing the soothing, the soundtrack is brilliant as well as art and design. Aside from Kat the rest of the characters are very dull. The gameplay and controls can take at least a week to get used to depending how much you play it and can be somewhat disorienting and give you a sense of vertigo but once mastered can be a very fun and pleasent game.

The enemies are more or less black and red shadows or goop and not very creative and fighting against these things (Nevi) can be frustrating as your prone to make errors and hit or miss mistakes.

Once you've harnessed the controls and the motion of the Vita its an incredible game with its own style and awsome floating city (that somewhat looks like Colombia from Infinite!)

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Despite the shortcomings of the combat, Gravity Rush can still stand alongside some of the best games on the Vita. With its wonderful art style oozing character, it’s a game that once you start; it’s really hard to put down.
  2. Oct 29, 2012
    The concept is just dripping with potential on paper, but once it actually hit my Vita, something seems to have been lost.
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    While Gravity Rush is not a perfect game (The combat is lacking, the camera disorientating and the story lacks a proper ending) it is still an extremely fun and addicting piece of gravity shifting adventure. The world, with its odd inhabitants, colorful areas and memorable music deserves most praise. [Sept 2012]