• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 12, 2012
8.5

1. Dec 22, 2014
    This is a great game which makes very good use of the different features of the vita system. I looked like a crazy person playing when I was swinging the vita around to aim, but the motion controls just worked so well.
  2. Dec 18, 2014
    The mechanics of this game are really cool and fun to play. However, the missions in the game are very repetitive and boring. Also the loading is slow.
  3. Nov 7, 2014
    Unique and original but somehow lacking, altho a must play in my opinion, not just for the nice gameplay, but for the game engine, always thought that this way of game has to be repeated again and again, would be a SHAME that this mechanics would be only used in this cause they rock and steal the show.
    Controls at first are complex BUT trust me, they end up being great and fun, gameplay is too easy and thats my only grip. You get the feeling also that more could be done with that amazing "alter gravity feature" can't wait for the sequel! recommended for someone who wants to play something different!
  4. Sep 7, 2014
    The greatest game i've played on the ps vita system, the controls are a little hard to master (and endure, i got very dizzy the first time i played), the thing that missed was the duration of the main history missions, and the replay value, the side missions feels more as mini games and the dlc packs are very expensive for a (now) $15 game
  5. Jul 22, 2014
    Gravity Rush is the 1st Vita game Iv ever played (Xmas 2013) and I think its amazing for a handheld title. The graphics are amazing the soothing, the soundtrack is brilliant as well as art and design. Aside from Kat the rest of the characters are very dull. The gameplay and controls can take at least a week to get used to depending how much you play it and can be somewhat disorienting andGravity Rush is the 1st Vita game Iv ever played (Xmas 2013) and I think its amazing for a handheld title. The graphics are amazing the soothing, the soundtrack is brilliant as well as art and design. Aside from Kat the rest of the characters are very dull. The gameplay and controls can take at least a week to get used to depending how much you play it and can be somewhat disorienting and give you a sense of vertigo but once mastered can be a very fun and pleasent game.

The enemies are more or less black and red shadows or goop and not very creative and fighting against these things (Nevi) can be frustrating as your prone to make errors and hit or miss mistakes.

Once you've harnessed the controls and the motion of the Vita its an incredible game with its own style and awsome floating city (that somewhat looks like Colombia from Infinite!)
  6. Jul 10, 2014
    Scoring on the basis of gameplay, visuals/audio, stability, and replay.

Gameplay: 10/10 Wow, gameplay is suburb and the concept unique. Imagine the fluid 3D platformer gameplay of Mario 64 but with the ability to manipulate gravity. The battles are nice and smooth with a good flow to it and the gravity manipulation adds another layer to it. Enemy is too high to reach? Invert gravity
    Scoring on the basis of gameplay, visuals/audio, stability, and replay.

Gameplay: 10/10
    Wow, gameplay is suburb and the concept unique. Imagine the fluid 3D platformer gameplay of Mario 64 but with the ability to manipulate gravity. The battles are nice and smooth with a good flow to it and the gravity manipulation adds another layer to it. Enemy is too high to reach? Invert gravity and now you're falling on it. Boss's weak point is at a strange angle? Manipulate gravity and fall one way, then change it again, and fall in another direction and now you're above the weak point at an angle where you can drop on it.

The ability to control gravity also adds another level to the exploration aspect. The game takes place is a city that is something like a steampunk Cloud City. Controling gravity lets you explore every little nook and cranny of this city, from jumping from tall buildings to running around the underbelly of the city. Over time you kind of become a local superheroine and random people will be asking you to use your gravity bending powers to help them out. You can use your powers to fly/fall across the sky, or to run up and down walls, and it's a power that you can activate a will as opposed to needing special conditions.

The combo system is pretty basic and straight forward, nothing really new, though with the Vita's tilt controls you can jump up and use the tilt control to aim where you'll land your head stomp attack. It takes a little getting used to and I know some people won't like it, but it's optional.

There is also some light RPG elements, you can level up your character and her abilities, like having a longer gravity meter or more health, or new combos.

Visuals/audio: 10/10
    The graphics are really nice and the animation is very smooth, very little texture tearing or weird glitches like spasming bodies. The audio is crisp and clear, and I haven't run into any audio glitches.

The visuals and audio also really serve to give this game some personality. The art style and the music creates a setting like 1920s America, the so-called "Roaring 20s". There's even a character that shows up later that's pretty much a chick Rocketeer. The color pallette and the music are bright and upbeat giving the game something of a "happy" feel as opposed to something like GTA or LA Noir.

Stability: 10/10
    This is definitely a well built game. I haven't run into any freezes or crashes. All the functionality is there and everything works. No instaces of the game just stopping to work or save files getting corrupted.

Replayablity: 8/10
    Replay value seemed about average, you have several DLC missions along with the side quests in the main game. It isn't on the level of Killzone: Mercenary (another must have for a Vita owner), but it's about what would be expected, maybe a little more so.

Overall: 38/40
    This would be a good game on a home console. If the PSP didn't do it, then the Vita certainly proves you can have the experience of a modern home console game on a hand held. This game is that good. And not just a budget title but a full priced on at that. Sony could just copy-past this into a PS3 game and it would still be awesome.

Having a Vita and not owning this game is like having a PS3 and not owning any of the Uncharted games.
  7. Jun 30, 2014
    Great combat, great story, comic book style. This game has everything I want from a video game. I love the way you swipe the screen like an actual comic book. I love the rpgs elements of the game and the challenges combat are fun. I can't wait for Gravity Rush 2 on the PS Vita and wish they would make a Gravity Rush on the PS4 as I am sick of all of the grey, corridor shooters on PS4.
  8. Apr 10, 2014
    pretty good game, unique and fun gameplay with a decent story. I loved flying through and under the city scavenging for gems, feels rewarding, and the sidemissions were actually fun and rewarding as well. The gameplay can get repititive, but I thought it was fun overall and something different. The story was alright, however I finished the game with more questions than answers regardingpretty good game, unique and fun gameplay with a decent story. I loved flying through and under the city scavenging for gems, feels rewarding, and the sidemissions were actually fun and rewarding as well. The gameplay can get repititive, but I thought it was fun overall and something different. The story was alright, however I finished the game with more questions than answers regarding the story. This game is fun and something unique, but overall it isn't anything groundbreaking, however it is one of those rare handheld games that I think I would've enjoyed if it was on a console as well. Not really a console seller, but something every vita owners owe it to themselves to check out, a very good game (plus it's free if you have ps plus). I would probably give this an 85. Expand
  9. Apr 7, 2014
    One of the first system-exclusive, must play titles for the Vita. With unique mechanics unlike anything you'll find in other games, this is one constantly entertaining package that any Vita owner should play. Even more impressive is how it uses it's unique gravity shifting mechanics to show off the Vita's unique features.

From a presentation standpoint everything is great. The graphical

From a presentation standpoint everything is great. The graphical style is unique and reminiscent of a manga. The soundtrack is creative and enjoyable. The story and protagonist are also very charming. There's no real voice acting, but I never really had an issue with it. I especially enjoyed how during certain story segments you use your finger to scroll though the different scenes.

Gameplay wise everything shows a high level of polish, even if it can get frustrating at times. What really sets this game apart is it's gravity manipulation mechanics. With the touch of a button you can send your character sailing across the city in mere seconds, or climbing the underside of a floating building in order to pick up some crystals. What's great about it is that it almost always controls perfectly. The only time controls really become an issue is during combat, which can lead to the camera freaking out and obscuring enemies or end up causing you to sail past enemies when trying to hit them. Combat can be needlessly frustrating, because there are many times when you are going to have issues targeting a fast moving enemies weak point while typically being attacked from all different directions. This doesn't men that combat is bad, it can just get tedious and irritating as the game progresses. The only other complain I have is that this is one open world game that doesn't have anything in the way of truly interesting side-content. All you get are some pretty lame challenge modes, but considering how fun the overall game is this is a forgivable fault.

This is a truly impressive Vita title that would manage to stand out even if it were on the PS3 or 4. It's got some light issues and it can anger at times, but in the end I was incredibly impressed with the game and I think it is one that any Vita owner should play. Here's hoping that there's a sequel with more interesting side-content and less frustrating moments. As of right now though, it's still a heck of a lot of fun even with those flaws. I give it an 8.9/10-Great.
  10. Mar 22, 2014
    Story: 8.5 out of 10 Graphics: 8 out of 10 Gameplay: 9 out of 10 Fun: 9 out of 10 Controls: 9 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 8.5 out of 10
    Length: 8 out of 10
    Re-play: 7 out of 10
    Audio: 9 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: None from my experience
  11. Mar 10, 2014
    one of Vita's best original games by far. good story with great control (air battles can get a little hectic at times) tons of collectibles to find and side challenges to do. good story, could be better. lack of voice acting is a plus/negative depending on what you like.
  12. Mar 7, 2014
    I enjoyed every minute inside the world of Gravity Rush. A fresh game among others, really original, really funny, and charismatic. Playing with the gravity in a sandbox environment was one of the best portable game experience, and shows tha PSVita could give to us.
    In spite of the fact that game is too short, and the expensive and shorts DLC's, you must taste this game.
  13. Jan 31, 2014
    Gravity rush is definitely a great game, with pretty graphics, a lot to do, and a detailed open world, however it is plagued by a few faults.

Pros + No regenerating health! + A solid difficulty level + The touchscreen controls are not intrusive to the experience + A detailed open world, with a lot to do in it + Nice graphics + Very entertaining + Stable Framerate Cons - Awful

Pros
    + No regenerating health!
    + A solid difficulty level
    + The touchscreen controls are not intrusive to the experience
    + A detailed open world, with a lot to do in it
    + Nice graphics
    + Very entertaining
    + Stable Framerate

Cons
    - Awful combat mechanics
    - Gravity switching is often disorienting
    - The plot makes no sense at times, and a lot of sense at others (poor plot design)
    - Sixaxis, need I say more?

Overall, Gravity Rush is a solid, enjoyable experience, with faults, yet there are barely any bugs, and it's a truly original experience, for a truly great handheld

7.4/10 - Good
  14. Jan 17, 2014
    Interesting concept but the controls are far from user friendly. They're garbage.
    You know those guys that get amazingly good at CoD because they play constantly?
    Well get ready for some of that if you want to beat this game.
  15. Jan 16, 2014
    Gravity Rush opens with Heroine Kat waking up in a strange floating town with no memory of who or where she is. Discovering she has powers that allow her to control gravity she takes it upon herself to help the townsfolk being overran by shadowy creatures known as Nevi.

These gravitational powers are certainly at the forefront of the gameplay allowing you to point a cursor in any direction and suddenly change the flow of gravity so that you begin to fall towards it. This means you can run up vertical walls and even fly through the air to stick to ceilings or traverse otherwise unassailable gaps. For the most part the controls are great fun, as well as easy to get the hang of, and only occasionally become frustrating when trying to utilise the motion controlled slide action or when the game makes the strange decision to rob you of your powers for a period,

Told beautifully through comic book style panels the story, while perhaps a little meandering on occasions to be totally effective, certainly has its fair share of charm and helps the compliment the enjoyable gameplay.

Gravity Rush isn't without its flaws but if you own a Vita this is worth picking up.
  16. Jan 3, 2014
    Gravity Rush is a good game despite a lot of problems. The game looks gorgeous and is easily the best looking open world game on a portable system. The art style is vibrant and colorful, this mixed with the great jazzy soundtrack creates a world that you want to spend a lot of time in.

Most of the fun in this game comes from exploring the city using your gravity powers. The biggest problem with this game is its combat. Its repetitive, boring and really shows how bad the camera can be at times. The story can be fun at times but its barely explains any of the mysteries and ends on a big cliffhanger. I would still recommend this game to anyone that owns a vita.
  17. Jan 3, 2014
    A heart warming uniquely game with spectacular illustrated cutscenes and free flowing gameplay and combat mechanics, A must own game on the vita handheld, and it's FREE on ps plus atm!
  18. Dec 25, 2013
    Gravity Rush is a great game for the vita, but it fails to fully live up to its expectations. The idea and gameplay is original, and the artstyle is fabulous. But the combat is dull, tedious and aggravating. The story about Gravity Rush and the story about Kats' past is interesting, but the game barely talks about it. Kat's even more interested in finding a boyfriend then learning aboutGravity Rush is a great game for the vita, but it fails to fully live up to its expectations. The idea and gameplay is original, and the artstyle is fabulous. But the combat is dull, tedious and aggravating. The story about Gravity Rush and the story about Kats' past is interesting, but the game barely talks about it. Kat's even more interested in finding a boyfriend then learning about her past! What makes the game even worse is the fact that the game focuses more on its boring combat than its interesting story. The game ends without answering half of the questions it offers leaving the game unsatisfactory. The boring challenges don't help either. At the end of the day, Gravity Rush is still a good enough game to try, and it's still one of the better game's on the PSVita system. Expand
  19. Dec 21, 2013
    Have to say, started this game with low expectations because I had somewhere understood this was a racer. Was I wrong ...
    In short, superb game. Creative design, very original and playful story (albeit a bit incomprehensive at times). Gameplay is fun too. It also doesn't make the mistake to throw you way too much alternative activities to drag things out, very well balanced.
    Special
    Special credits to the music too, especially the pleasure district tune.
    Go get this if you haven't already!
  20. Dec 20, 2013
    Kat and her cat are a great team. With the power of a cat, Kat may gravitate, which gives us many opportunities in the world of Gravity Rush. Great graphics, interesting story, quite enjoyable music is great strengths of the game. I think combat system could be improved, which sometimes became boring. But this is still a good game! This is something new then I have to give it a 10!
  21. Nov 4, 2013
    Good:
    Strong starting story
    Creative and original game mechanics
    Fun open world exploration and incentive to explore
    A few very surprising and brilliant levels

Bad:
    Boring generic music
    Combat mechanics is unbalanced and way too easy
    Story feels rushed and almost unfinished in the end. This hints strongly to a sequel but it is too abrupt.

7/10.
  22. Oct 30, 2013
    My first game for PS VITA. First of all I'd like to praise the visual style, the cell-shaded graphics and the whole surrealistic atmosphere and setting. Also I liked the main character Kat, she is pretty charismatic and I liked the irony to her person in the story (she always wants to help everyone but only gets into trouble). Besides I must say that the concept of changing gravity isMy first game for PS VITA. First of all I'd like to praise the visual style, the cell-shaded graphics and the whole surrealistic atmosphere and setting. Also I liked the main character Kat, she is pretty charismatic and I liked the irony to her person in the story (she always wants to help everyone but only gets into trouble). Besides I must say that the concept of changing gravity is pretty unique and original for video games. I liked the exploration in this game, it was awesome to collect some gems crawling upside down or flying above the rooftops and highest towers of the city. The "RPG elements" are pretty poor but it's still great that the game system has it. I believe these are all of the positive moments in the game. About the negative the game has a huge and obvious flaw, it's the awful battle system. Most of the battles happen in the air, you have no aim-locking system or something, so most of the time you hang in the air trying to figure out are you upside down or not and where is the enemy, so you feel pretty much disoriented, confused and frustrated. If the enemy is static it's rather easy to take it down, but if it is moving, the fight seems a torture. All the boss fights are long because it's so hard to aim while they are moving. But I must say there is a special attack which kicks the close target and after it kills the enemy it moves to the next one. I used it in the last part of the game because it was too frustrating to try to kill enemies with the standard gravity kick. I tried to watch some Youtube videos to get used to battle system but I figured out that other players have the same problems and the system is impossible to master. The other thing I didn't like is the emptiness of the world, yes, there are some people walking around the city, but you can't interact with them, they are just for decoration. The "side quests" are all challenges for speed of killing enemies|moving etc. Not my kind of thing really. The story...well, there is a story, it's pretty...Japanese-game-like, don't know what to more to say. Overall, I must say that this game definitely has some charm and it's advised to try for every VITA owner though I'm not sure that it can be considered a system seller or whatever it is called. I'd like it much more if the game was more about the exploration, maybe some gravity puzzles, dialogues and guests and less on those abysmal battles or if the battle system was more thought over/fun to use. I saw some hints that there will be a sequel, if so I hope the flaws will be removed and I will enjoy it much more than this. cheers. Expand
  23. Oct 19, 2013
    Very interesting and unusual game! When i saw it first time i thought it is boring game about some girl, who shifts some gravity and so on, with Japanese graphics, then when i saw it is available on PS+ i decided to give it a try, and you know what? I didn't regret it. Unusual gameplay, a bit strange graphics and plot, but this game is very great. I think it is a must have for all of theVery interesting and unusual game! When i saw it first time i thought it is boring game about some girl, who shifts some gravity and so on, with Japanese graphics, then when i saw it is available on PS+ i decided to give it a try, and you know what? I didn't regret it. Unusual gameplay, a bit strange graphics and plot, but this game is very great. I think it is a must have for all of the PS Vita owners. Expand
  24. Oct 6, 2013
    Fantastic game. Gorgeous art style. Most original game-play I've experienced in years. I just don't understand how the score to this game is not higher. I would bet that, if this was a 3DS games, the score would be at least 90 if not higher.
  25. Oct 3, 2013
    Great simple fun with a lot of imagination and story. Great comic book style cut scenes and great leveling system. This game alone made the 50.00 a year for playstation plus worth it with how fun and addicting smart it is and how well the tilt function works with the cut scenes.
  26. Sep 7, 2013
    Gravity Rush sets no new standards, it doesn't break any boundaries, but what it is is pure fun in the palm of your hands.
    You play as Kat, a girl who wakes up in a mysterious city with no memory of what happened previous to waking up, she gains the companion of a cat named Dusty which turns her into a 'shifter', someone who has the ability to shift gravity at will. When Kat begins to get known an alien race known as the Navi attack the city she is beginning to call home and so Kat must repel the alien threat, uncover some of the city's mysteries and overthrow marshal law in an attempt to bring peace to the city.
    Gravity Rush looks beautiful, you can very clearly see its anime inspirations in terms of graphical design, most notably Studio Ghibli, and it all helps tell this very cartoony tale of Kat and her friends trying to save their city.
    The game is pretty long too, coming in at about 9-10 hours for the story alone, you have a large number of side missions and collectibles to find too so you are never short of anything to do.
    My biggest problems with the game are its very basic combat that never evolves over the course of the game, even though the enemies do. The fact that I never wanted to play for more than a couple of hours at a time due to it never quite managing to hook me in for long enough and that the game often suffers severe frame rate drops, especially in the last 3 hours or so.
    But Gravity Rush is a game every Vita owner should get and enjoy, because it is just so damn fun.
  27. Sep 6, 2013
    A great and original IP. A superb open world to explore with Kat and Dusty. An intriguing story which leaves room for hopefully a sequel. Graphics are amazing and has re-playability. A must have
  28. Aug 30, 2013
    Hands down, the best vita exclusive available. If P4G wasn't reason enough to own a sony's shiny new handheld, here's your excuse. I have nothing else to say.
  29. Aug 17, 2013
    Could have been way better by not being so abstract and frustrating. Some great ideas stuffed with horrible ones. The gravity shift idea is great but it's not implemented well and that means that the whole game is a chore. Aside from that the story could have been something but it's rubbish and all because of the overstuffed cast and the non-sensial motives of every character. Noone has aCould have been way better by not being so abstract and frustrating. Some great ideas stuffed with horrible ones. The gravity shift idea is great but it's not implemented well and that means that the whole game is a chore. Aside from that the story could have been something but it's rubbish and all because of the overstuffed cast and the non-sensial motives of every character. Noone has a reason for the things they do.

The bright spots are the art design and the level of originality, but in the end the camera cannot support this kind of gameplay though it means well. The Vita gimmicks are kinda nice.
  30. Aug 6, 2013
    I Finished Gravity Rush Today, and I must say its one of the Best Vita Launch Titles, Since its a Original Idea, made for a Fresh new console, I thought the Vita controls, were implemented really well, examples would be the smart use of the Gyroscope and Touch-screen, without feeling like these controls are force upon the player like some games, But Kat, is a Lovable Main character, funnyI Finished Gravity Rush Today, and I must say its one of the Best Vita Launch Titles, Since its a Original Idea, made for a Fresh new console, I thought the Vita controls, were implemented really well, examples would be the smart use of the Gyroscope and Touch-screen, without feeling like these controls are force upon the player like some games, But Kat, is a Lovable Main character, funny smart, impatient and on the side very cute,for a girl whose woken up in a new world riddled with Problems and Amnesia, Slowly uncovering where she came from and helping people along the way...for anyone who just got a PSVita I Truly recommend this Title, it has a Decent Length and Much to do... Expand

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Despite the shortcomings of the combat, Gravity Rush can still stand alongside some of the best games on the Vita. With its wonderful art style oozing character, it’s a game that once you start; it’s really hard to put down.
  2. Oct 29, 2012
    The concept is just dripping with potential on paper, but once it actually hit my Vita, something seems to have been lost.
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    While Gravity Rush is not a perfect game (The combat is lacking, the camera disorientating and the story lacks a proper ending) it is still an extremely fun and addicting piece of gravity shifting adventure. The world, with its odd inhabitants, colorful areas and memorable music deserves most praise. [Sept 2012]