• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 12, 2012
8.5

1. Apr 7, 2014
    One of the first system-exclusive, must play titles for the Vita. With unique mechanics unlike anything you'll find in other games, this is one constantly entertaining package that any Vita owner should play. Even more impressive is how it uses it's unique gravity shifting mechanics to show off the Vita's unique features.

From a presentation standpoint everything is great. The graphical

From a presentation standpoint everything is great. The graphical style is unique and reminiscent of a manga. The soundtrack is creative and enjoyable. The story and protagonist are also very charming. There's no real voice acting, but I never really had an issue with it. I especially enjoyed how during certain story segments you use your finger to scroll though the different scenes.

Gameplay wise everything shows a high level of polish, even if it can get frustrating at times. What really sets this game apart is it's gravity manipulation mechanics. With the touch of a button you can send your character sailing across the city in mere seconds, or climbing the underside of a floating building in order to pick up some crystals. What's great about it is that it almost always controls perfectly. The only time controls really become an issue is during combat, which can lead to the camera freaking out and obscuring enemies or end up causing you to sail past enemies when trying to hit them. Combat can be needlessly frustrating, because there are many times when you are going to have issues targeting a fast moving enemies weak point while typically being attacked from all different directions. This doesn't men that combat is bad, it can just get tedious and irritating as the game progresses. The only other complain I have is that this is one open world game that doesn't have anything in the way of truly interesting side-content. All you get are some pretty lame challenge modes, but considering how fun the overall game is this is a forgivable fault.

This is a truly impressive Vita title that would manage to stand out even if it were on the PS3 or 4. It's got some light issues and it can anger at times, but in the end I was incredibly impressed with the game and I think it is one that any Vita owner should play. Here's hoping that there's a sequel with more interesting side-content and less frustrating moments. As of right now though, it's still a heck of a lot of fun even with those flaws. I give it an 8.9/10-Great.
  2. Jan 16, 2014
    Gravity Rush opens with Heroine Kat waking up in a strange floating town with no memory of who or where she is. Discovering she has powers that allow her to control gravity she takes it upon herself to help the townsfolk being overran by shadowy creatures known as Nevi.

These gravitational powers are certainly at the forefront of the gameplay allowing you to point a cursor in any direction and suddenly change the flow of gravity so that you begin to fall towards it. This means you can run up vertical walls and even fly through the air to stick to ceilings or traverse otherwise unassailable gaps. For the most part the controls are great fun, as well as easy to get the hang of, and only occasionally become frustrating when trying to utilise the motion controlled slide action or when the game makes the strange decision to rob you of your powers for a period,

Told beautifully through comic book style panels the story, while perhaps a little meandering on occasions to be totally effective, certainly has its fair share of charm and helps the compliment the enjoyable gameplay.

Gravity Rush isn't without its flaws but if you own a Vita this is worth picking up.
  3. Oct 30, 2013
    My first game for PS VITA. First of all I'd like to praise the visual style, the cell-shaded graphics and the whole surrealistic atmosphere and setting. Also I liked the main character Kat, she is pretty charismatic and I liked the irony to her person in the story (she always wants to help everyone but only gets into trouble). Besides I must say that the concept of changing gravity isMy first game for PS VITA. First of all I'd like to praise the visual style, the cell-shaded graphics and the whole surrealistic atmosphere and setting. Also I liked the main character Kat, she is pretty charismatic and I liked the irony to her person in the story (she always wants to help everyone but only gets into trouble). Besides I must say that the concept of changing gravity is pretty unique and original for video games. I liked the exploration in this game, it was awesome to collect some gems crawling upside down or flying above the rooftops and highest towers of the city. The "RPG elements" are pretty poor but it's still great that the game system has it. I believe these are all of the positive moments in the game. About the negative the game has a huge and obvious flaw, it's the awful battle system. Most of the battles happen in the air, you have no aim-locking system or something, so most of the time you hang in the air trying to figure out are you upside down or not and where is the enemy, so you feel pretty much disoriented, confused and frustrated. If the enemy is static it's rather easy to take it down, but if it is moving, the fight seems a torture. All the boss fights are long because it's so hard to aim while they are moving. But I must say there is a special attack which kicks the close target and after it kills the enemy it moves to the next one. I used it in the last part of the game because it was too frustrating to try to kill enemies with the standard gravity kick. I tried to watch some Youtube videos to get used to battle system but I figured out that other players have the same problems and the system is impossible to master. The other thing I didn't like is the emptiness of the world, yes, there are some people walking around the city, but you can't interact with them, they are just for decoration. The "side quests" are all challenges for speed of killing enemies|moving etc. Not my kind of thing really. The story...well, there is a story, it's pretty...Japanese-game-like, don't know what to more to say. Overall, I must say that this game definitely has some charm and it's advised to try for every VITA owner though I'm not sure that it can be considered a system seller or whatever it is called. I'd like it much more if the game was more about the exploration, maybe some gravity puzzles, dialogues and guests and less on those abysmal battles or if the battle system was more thought over/fun to use. I saw some hints that there will be a sequel, if so I hope the flaws will be removed and I will enjoy it much more than this. cheers. Expand
  4. Feb 28, 2013
    This is probably the one true, original series on the Vita that is not either a rehash of an old game or a remake. I personally like it alot, even if the combat system is not entirely fun or easy to use. However the story is wonderful and Kat, the main character, is very easy to like. And the game is free for PS+ users, making spending 50 dollars on a year subscription alot easier toThis is probably the one true, original series on the Vita that is not either a rehash of an old game or a remake. I personally like it alot, even if the combat system is not entirely fun or easy to use. However the story is wonderful and Kat, the main character, is very easy to like. And the game is free for PS+ users, making spending 50 dollars on a year subscription alot easier to justify. I'd highly recommend getting that over actually getting this game, provided you have a decent sized memory card. But this is a fun game and wonderful to play. Expand
  5. Sep 7, 2013
    Gravity Rush sets no new standards, it doesn't break any boundaries, but what it is is pure fun in the palm of your hands.
    You play as Kat, a girl who wakes up in a mysterious city with no memory of what happened previous to waking up, she gains the companion of a cat named Dusty which turns her into a 'shifter', someone who has the ability to shift gravity at will. When Kat begins to get known an alien race known as the Navi attack the city she is beginning to call home and so Kat must repel the alien threat, uncover some of the city's mysteries and overthrow marshal law in an attempt to bring peace to the city.
    Gravity Rush looks beautiful, you can very clearly see its anime inspirations in terms of graphical design, most notably Studio Ghibli, and it all helps tell this very cartoony tale of Kat and her friends trying to save their city.
    The game is pretty long too, coming in at about 9-10 hours for the story alone, you have a large number of side missions and collectibles to find too so you are never short of anything to do.
    My biggest problems with the game are its very basic combat that never evolves over the course of the game, even though the enemies do. The fact that I never wanted to play for more than a couple of hours at a time due to it never quite managing to hook me in for long enough and that the game often suffers severe frame rate drops, especially in the last 3 hours or so.
    But Gravity Rush is a game every Vita owner should get and enjoy, because it is just so damn fun.
  6. Dec 15, 2012
    A game that is so quirky and fun that the only people who wouldn't enjoy it probably have no hearts. An excellent open world and gameplay that puts inversion to shame makes this worth your money. An underrated game which just needs some loving.
  7. Jul 7, 2012
    very Unique most have game for the vita. So far this is the best game available for the vita. It is alot of fun and it is pack with action. I never played a game like this. Its a game and a comic book. The comic scene in this game is great. Very good graphics for a handheld. I like the cartoonish graphics. It isnt as great as ps3 graphics but it still a very good design game. There is sovery Unique most have game for the vita. So far this is the best game available for the vita. It is alot of fun and it is pack with action. I never played a game like this. Its a game and a comic book. The comic scene in this game is great. Very good graphics for a handheld. I like the cartoonish graphics. It isnt as great as ps3 graphics but it still a very good design game. There is so much to do on this game. A lot of side missions in this game. One of vita best. #handheld game of the year Expand
  8. Nov 20, 2012
    Easily the portables best game so far and one of the few reasons to own a Vita.The gravity mechanic itself is simply fantastic and the only weakness of this game is the combat.If you have a Vita,you must have this.
  9. Apr 10, 2014
    pretty good game, unique and fun gameplay with a decent story. I loved flying through and under the city scavenging for gems, feels rewarding, and the sidemissions were actually fun and rewarding as well. The gameplay can get repititive, but I thought it was fun overall and something different. The story was alright, however I finished the game with more questions than answers regardingpretty good game, unique and fun gameplay with a decent story. I loved flying through and under the city scavenging for gems, feels rewarding, and the sidemissions were actually fun and rewarding as well. The gameplay can get repititive, but I thought it was fun overall and something different. The story was alright, however I finished the game with more questions than answers regarding the story. This game is fun and something unique, but overall it isn't anything groundbreaking, however it is one of those rare handheld games that I think I would've enjoyed if it was on a console as well. Not really a console seller, but something every vita owners owe it to themselves to check out, a very good game (plus it's free if you have ps plus). I would probably give this an 85. Expand
  10. Aug 17, 2013
    Could have been way better by not being so abstract and frustrating. Some great ideas stuffed with horrible ones. The gravity shift idea is great but it's not implemented well and that means that the whole game is a chore. Aside from that the story could have been something but it's rubbish and all because of the overstuffed cast and the non-sensial motives of every character. Noone has aCould have been way better by not being so abstract and frustrating. Some great ideas stuffed with horrible ones. The gravity shift idea is great but it's not implemented well and that means that the whole game is a chore. Aside from that the story could have been something but it's rubbish and all because of the overstuffed cast and the non-sensial motives of every character. Noone has a reason for the things they do.

The bright spots are the art design and the level of originality, but in the end the camera cannot support this kind of gameplay though it means well. The Vita gimmicks are kinda nice.
  11. Jun 27, 2012
    This game is immensely fun, no matter what you're doing in it. I'm only about 4-5 hours into my playthrough but I can say this is easily one of the funnest games I've played in recent memory. I said Rayman Origins was my favorite vita game but it's gonna have to share the cake now. -update- My only complaints are that the combat does get repetitive after a while and the missions feel a bitThis game is immensely fun, no matter what you're doing in it. I'm only about 4-5 hours into my playthrough but I can say this is easily one of the funnest games I've played in recent memory. I said Rayman Origins was my favorite vita game but it's gonna have to share the cake now. -update- My only complaints are that the combat does get repetitive after a while and the missions feel a bit too linear, but I'm still giving this a 10 as I still think this is a very ambitious title especially for a handheld. Expand
  12. Jan 31, 2014
    Gravity rush is definitely a great game, with pretty graphics, a lot to do, and a detailed open world, however it is plagued by a few faults.

Pros + No regenerating health! + A solid difficulty level + The touchscreen controls are not intrusive to the experience + A detailed open world, with a lot to do in it + Nice graphics + Very entertaining + Stable Framerate Cons - Awful

Pros
    + No regenerating health!
    + A solid difficulty level
    + The touchscreen controls are not intrusive to the experience
    + A detailed open world, with a lot to do in it
    + Nice graphics
    + Very entertaining
    + Stable Framerate

Cons
    - Awful combat mechanics
    - Gravity switching is often disorienting
    - The plot makes no sense at times, and a lot of sense at others (poor plot design)
    - Sixaxis, need I say more?

Overall, Gravity Rush is a solid, enjoyable experience, with faults, yet there are barely any bugs, and it's a truly original experience, for a truly great handheld

7.4/10 - Good
  13. Jul 9, 2012
    Under the unrelenting pressure from my best friend I caved at the point of sale stall of my local GAME and walked away One Hundred and Fifty F***ing quid lighter with a Vita in my bag and a digital copy of Gravity Rush my only tonic for solace. Alas, thank god, it was money well spent. My problem with portable consoles thus far was that any game made specifically for them would have madeUnder the unrelenting pressure from my best friend I caved at the point of sale stall of my local GAME and walked away One Hundred and Fifty F***ing quid lighter with a Vita in my bag and a digital copy of Gravity Rush my only tonic for solace. Alas, thank god, it was money well spent. My problem with portable consoles thus far was that any game made specifically for them would have made more sense on a console, because they didn't do anything that their parent hardware didn't already do. The PSP was the Playstation on the go with nothing else to offer while the 3DS boasted 3D support. I hate 3D (it gives me a headache) and I hate portable consoles. All but this Vita, that is. Finally a handheld console that can do things the bigger models cannot. Granted: Gravity Rush only narrowly avoids the pit trap of trying too hard to show off the Vita's bells and whistles, but it's such a charming game I couldn't help but love it. The visuals, the art style and the chance to give Isaac Newton the middle one all made for quite a compelling game. This won't be the best game the Vita makes, but if more titles such as this are on the way then the Vita will do very well in the year to come. Just keep your expectations in check please, it's early days yet and GR does show the tell tale signs of a developer working out how to play with it's new toy. Expand
  14. Jan 3, 2014
    A heart warming uniquely game with spectacular illustrated cutscenes and free flowing gameplay and combat mechanics, A must own game on the vita handheld, and it's FREE on ps plus atm!
  15. Jun 13, 2012
    Amazing game! Finally the reason to own a ps vita!!! This game is beyond amazing and I hope to see more from these developers!Everything is Macnificent, minor glitches but nothing to be bothered about!
  16. Jun 13, 2012
    Undoubtly the most anticipated title of Sonyâ
  17. Jun 12, 2012
    9.5 - The trolls are coming at full force, which is nothing new. Anyway, this is an incredible new adventure. Incredible sprawling and beautiful world coupled with an incredible art style, similar to Skyward Sword. Presentation is classy and sophisticated. Gameplay is action packed, daringly bold, and wonderfully executed. The original score is brilliant and gorgeous. There are a few9.5 - The trolls are coming at full force, which is nothing new. Anyway, this is an incredible new adventure. Incredible sprawling and beautiful world coupled with an incredible art style, similar to Skyward Sword. Presentation is classy and sophisticated. Gameplay is action packed, daringly bold, and wonderfully executed. The original score is brilliant and gorgeous. There are a few rough edges, such as a semi wonky camera and gravity falling onto a building at a weird angle, but looking around those minor nitpicks Gravity Rush is a near perfect adventure. High replay value, wonderfully charming and daringly original. If you have a Vita, this is a must, and vita-less gamers now have something to envy. Expand
  18. Mar 22, 2014
    Story: 8.5 out of 10 Graphics: 8 out of 10 Gameplay: 9 out of 10 Fun: 9 out of 10 Controls: 9 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 8.5 out of 10
    Length: 8 out of 10
    Re-play: 7 out of 10
    Audio: 9 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: None from my experience
  19. Jul 16, 2012
    A great mix of open world exploration, RPG, and unique combat mechanics makes this a must-have for any Vita owners. It has amazing visuals and intriguing environments that are fun to explore as you level up and your gravity travel and combat powers increase. At first, exploration can be a bit of an exercise in risk vs reward, but once you gather enough gems to level up a few times itA great mix of open world exploration, RPG, and unique combat mechanics makes this a must-have for any Vita owners. It has amazing visuals and intriguing environments that are fun to explore as you level up and your gravity travel and combat powers increase. At first, exploration can be a bit of an exercise in risk vs reward, but once you gather enough gems to level up a few times it becomes a breeze to zoom around (over, under and in-between) the various floating parts of the city to find even more gems and other intriguing side quests and dialogue trees. The story is mostly nonsensical, but serves adequately as a thin and mostly unassuming anime-ish means to hit on all the fun possibilities for main character Kat to explore and improve her powers.

The combat and the side challenges you unlock, once you get your legs under you with your kick and slide and other attack powers in the highly vertical environments, is quick-paced, meaty and fun. Just be warned a lot of the challenges and a few of the boss battles are not easy to master until you level up Kat's powers a decent amount.
  20. Jun 27, 2012
    Visually amazing. Rocking soundtrack. Great story with vivid characters. It plays like a dream. Sandbox RPG with tons of hours of FUN. Best game in a handheld. Period.
  21. Nov 7, 2014
    Unique and original but somehow lacking, altho a must play in my opinion, not just for the nice gameplay, but for the game engine, always thought that this way of game has to be repeated again and again, would be a SHAME that this mechanics would be only used in this cause they rock and steal the show.
    Controls at first are complex BUT trust me, they end up being great and fun, gameplay is too easy and thats my only grip. You get the feeling also that more could be done with that amazing "alter gravity feature" can't wait for the sequel! recommended for someone who wants to play something different!
  22. Apr 11, 2013
    This is really an unpolished gem. There are some great ideas, but I feel this would be so much better on the PS3. It's very Infamous-y but the whole experience feels very shallow. There is very little to do outside the story missions, only some challenges.. and all of them are like "do this within the time limit!" and then you have to best yourself. I don't think that's a lot of fun, so IThis is really an unpolished gem. There are some great ideas, but I feel this would be so much better on the PS3. It's very Infamous-y but the whole experience feels very shallow. There is very little to do outside the story missions, only some challenges.. and all of them are like "do this within the time limit!" and then you have to best yourself. I don't think that's a lot of fun, so I skipped almost all of them with really no negative consequenses so they're totally optional. I hade doing things within a time limit. The story missions are fine but the problem is THE STORY. It's very japanese, very childish and worst of all, it's truly bad. Vague, silly, incoherent and full of plot holes. Honestly, I found myself skipping half of it because I was so bored. If the story had been descent, I would have been more motivated to play the game. In the end, I just wanted to get it over with. The controls are fine but sometimes it's a little bit frustrating to aim at enemies, but there are crystals scattered all over the world that you can collect and upgrade your abilities so you get powerful easily. Over-all, a quite easy game.

So, wrap-up. I would have liked a real story that you could care even a little about and just more meaningful things to do. The world feels kind of dead and there are no memorable characters at all except for Kat. This is more like a tech demo wrapped around a really bad story. I have no desire at all to go back and play more, or buy any DLC.

Oh, the graphics are great but the resolution seems to be kind of low. The Vita screen has really low resolution to begin with and this just looks up-scaled. Too bad, because the graphics would be so much more enjoyable if they weren't.
  23. Sep 17, 2012
    Undeniably, Gravity Rush is a great excuse for many people to buy PS Vita in instance (including me ), and it is a game with both great creativity and playability (whatever). It`s graphic quality is just of mid-stream among Vita games, but this do not disturb it becoming a great game though the pattern of attacking enemies` core is a bit fusty after long term of playing. SCE has broughtUndeniably, Gravity Rush is a great excuse for many people to buy PS Vita in instance (including me ), and it is a game with both great creativity and playability (whatever). It`s graphic quality is just of mid-stream among Vita games, but this do not disturb it becoming a great game though the pattern of attacking enemies` core is a bit fusty after long term of playing. SCE has brought the main characters with life with the comic-style story illustration, although the end was, I have to say, VERY abrupt. I never expected the defeat of that vulnerable-looking big ball indicates the end of the game! How about the mayor? How about the children and the ark? How about Kat`s memory and the truth about Heksville? All right, let`s hope that SCE has saved those for the Gravity Rush 2, which I`m sure to buy without the slightest hesitation. Expand
  24. Aug 25, 2012
    Gravity Rush should be rated M for mediocre. I'm around 10 hours in so far, and I have to stop.

The graphics are very unimpressive, like something you'd expect from a non-gaming computer from 10 years ago. The trailers are a lie, in game is missing a lot of anti-aliasing and shadows and detailed textures. Combat is infrequent, and not a lot of fun. All you do is kick, throw stuff, or

Combat is infrequent, and not a lot of fun. All you do is kick, throw stuff, or float in the air and kick. Or hit the triangle button and whatever you're aimed at dies.

The music is pure awful, and it repeats itself every 30 seconds or so. Other zones have different music, but they too repeat themselves over and over driving you insane.

I think the story got lost in translation. Or it's just awful too and everyone giving high scores don't know any better.

Flying around is kind of fun.
  25. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is the best, so far, vita game I have played. The music, graphics and atmosphere are beautiful and simplistic, but the best, and most unique, part is gravity control. You get to change which way is down for the main character you play as, Kat; and it's absolutely genius! Instead of flying, you are always falling to your destination, be it a checkpoint or an about-to-be kickedThis game is the best, so far, vita game I have played. The music, graphics and atmosphere are beautiful and simplistic, but the best, and most unique, part is gravity control. You get to change which way is down for the main character you play as, Kat; and it's absolutely genius! Instead of flying, you are always falling to your destination, be it a checkpoint or an about-to-be kicked enemy. The story is interesting, the characters are funny and the gameplay is unlike anything I've ever played. This game isn't only amazing for a Vita game, but for gaming in general. This is one fine reason to own a Vita. Expand
  26. Feb 17, 2013
    Gravity Rush may look quite interesting and beautiful, but in the end it is shallow in pretty much every aspect. The world you move through is but a dead background, where people move aimlessly until you catch them in your gravity stream as you fly around, only to release them a bit further where they usually end up falling to their death in the bottomless emptiness beyond the city. AndGravity Rush may look quite interesting and beautiful, but in the end it is shallow in pretty much every aspect. The world you move through is but a dead background, where people move aimlessly until you catch them in your gravity stream as you fly around, only to release them a bit further where they usually end up falling to their death in the bottomless emptiness beyond the city. And nobody seems to care.

Story is kinda interesting, but you are never quite told who is who in this weird, almost surreal, world and in the end I just felt kinda pissed that I do not know anything about the city and its inhabitants, about the monsters that attack them, about the nature of the world itself. It just feels random as if there is no real background and the whole thing is just a bunch of ideas smashed together.

Gameplay itself is fairly limited in options and the combat mechanics could use a good game designer, because the potential there is much, much greater than what the game ultimately has to offer. Now this is all rather negative and I'd like to stress out that Gravity Rush is not a bad game, but my expectations for it were considerably higher and the potential to fulfill them was rather obvious. Decent game, but shallow and therefore disappointing to sum it up.
  27. Sep 7, 2014
    The greatest game i've played on the ps vita system, the controls are a little hard to master (and endure, i got very dizzy the first time i played), the thing that missed was the duration of the main history missions, and the replay value, the side missions feels more as mini games and the dlc packs are very expensive for a (now) $15 game
  28. Jan 3, 2014
    Gravity Rush is a good game despite a lot of problems. The game looks gorgeous and is easily the best looking open world game on a portable system. The art style is vibrant and colorful, this mixed with the great jazzy soundtrack creates a world that you want to spend a lot of time in.

Most of the fun in this game comes from exploring the city using your gravity powers. The biggest problem with this game is its combat. Its repetitive, boring and really shows how bad the camera can be at times. The story can be fun at times but its barely explains any of the mysteries and ends on a big cliffhanger. I would still recommend this game to anyone that owns a vita.
  29. Jun 12, 2012
    Gravity Rush is a very creative and original game from Sony. This was one of my most anticipated games for 2012. The graphics are amazing, they're on par with its big brother PS3. If you need an excuse to buy a PS VITA, then this is the one. This is not only the best Vita game out there, but one of the best handheld games Ive ever played!
  30. Feb 11, 2013
    Its a pretty game It is.
    Is Kat a charming character? It is
    Is the story interesting? Kinda.
    Is the game fun? No its not.
    Too repetitive ,the city is lifeless, the missions are boring.
    The loading times for the missions are long.
    The game is OK, but not great
  31. Dec 21, 2013
    Have to say, started this game with low expectations because I had somewhere understood this was a racer. Was I wrong ...
    In short, superb game. Creative design, very original and playful story (albeit a bit incomprehensive at times). Gameplay is fun too. It also doesn't make the mistake to throw you way too much alternative activities to drag things out, very well balanced.
    Special
    Special credits to the music too, especially the pleasure district tune.
    Go get this if you haven't already!
  32. Jun 12, 2012
    This game is absolutely fantastic. From the beautiful art direction to the perfectly fitting soundtrack to the simple but exhilarating gameplay, this game has it all. Its clear that this game draws inspiration from a lot of other great titles, but the way this game has combined elements from other titles makes it a truly unique experience. You have probably never played a game like GravityThis game is absolutely fantastic. From the beautiful art direction to the perfectly fitting soundtrack to the simple but exhilarating gameplay, this game has it all. Its clear that this game draws inspiration from a lot of other great titles, but the way this game has combined elements from other titles makes it a truly unique experience. You have probably never played a game like Gravity Rush before, and that's a good thing. Flying, (or falling I should say) and exploring the games beautiful environment is great fun. Although there isn't quite as much depth to the open world setting in gravity rush, what is here is a blast to play. I should also mention the vita specific controls, which are great. Tilting the vita to look around your environment as your floating really adds to the disorienting nature to the game play and really adds to the gameplay. You COULD use the right analog stick to preform the same function, but it isn't nearly as immersive. Also doing a gravity slide by placing both thumbs in the corner of the screen and tilting is alot of fun. If you've been on the fence about buying the vita, this game alone should change your mind. Fun and original titles like this don't come around to often. Expand
  33. Jul 17, 2012
    This is seriously the best vita game ever and one of the best games out this year so far. There are hours upon hours of game play available. The challenges are almost as fun as the actual story mode. If you ever needed a good reason to finally get a vita. This is it.
  34. Jun 13, 2012
    Great game, wonderful controls, fun combat. I love it! Best vita game so far, could be a wonderful console release. Fun and random missions break up any monotony.
  35. Feb 1, 2013
    I don't understand the binary mentality some people embrace when rating games on Metacritic. Everything's either a 10 or 0 to some people. That aside, Gravity Rush features is a startlingly original gameplay with few flaws. I'd like to have seen the story fleshed out more, and better localization (everything, including the dialog, is in Japanese with the subtitles, including some of theI don't understand the binary mentality some people embrace when rating games on Metacritic. Everything's either a 10 or 0 to some people. That aside, Gravity Rush features is a startlingly original gameplay with few flaws. I'd like to have seen the story fleshed out more, and better localization (everything, including the dialog, is in Japanese with the subtitles, including some of the more stylized writing in the "graphic novel" portions). But the gravity control system wow! Once you get the hang of it, it makes you feel powerful. I'd definitely give this game a big thumbs up, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't care much for most Japanese games. Manga and anime creep me out, for the most part, but the sheer originality of Gravity Rush leaves me charmed, and wanting more. Expand
  36. Aug 30, 2013
    Hands down, the best vita exclusive available. If P4G wasn't reason enough to own a sony's shiny new handheld, here's your excuse. I have nothing else to say.
  37. Dec 18, 2014
    The mechanics of this game are really cool and fun to play. However, the missions in the game are very repetitive and boring. Also the loading is slow.
  38. Jun 12, 2012
    This is quite simply the new high standard for future games on the amazing handheld Sony has brought to us, I see a bright future for the VITA if high quality games like Gravity Rush keep coming.
  39. Feb 21, 2013
    Now this title is a very worthy thing to be called a Vita game. The game revolves around you having the ability to manipulate gravity and it does it so well. The graphics are so eye-catching and I think this may be the first open-world game on the Vita and that is why it is so stunning. Now the only reason why this game got a 9 from me is because the Story was really just too short, butNow this title is a very worthy thing to be called a Vita game. The game revolves around you having the ability to manipulate gravity and it does it so well. The graphics are so eye-catching and I think this may be the first open-world game on the Vita and that is why it is so stunning. Now the only reason why this game got a 9 from me is because the Story was really just too short, but all in all a nice game that I would recommend to anyone. Expand
  40. Mar 5, 2013
    Gravity Rush is a charming title that's unfortunately constrained in the same way as many early life cycle first party titles that Sony develop. That is to say it has to sell all the hardware features and not just those that its developers believe they can leverage effectively, so despite the joy of the core mechanics, there's occasional frustration to be found with the gyroscope and touchGravity Rush is a charming title that's unfortunately constrained in the same way as many early life cycle first party titles that Sony develop. That is to say it has to sell all the hardware features and not just those that its developers believe they can leverage effectively, so despite the joy of the core mechanics, there's occasional frustration to be found with the gyroscope and touch screen. That said, the combat is good enough (for how rough it is) and falling is sufficiently thrilling as a way to traverse the environment that the flaws are forgiveable. The original Uncharted was in much the same boat: remarkable potential that wasn't quite fully delivered on, and that a sequel properly funded and created with enough love and care could bring out and show just how special this newborn franchise can be, Expand
  41. Dec 25, 2013
    Gravity Rush is a great game for the vita, but it fails to fully live up to its expectations. The idea and gameplay is original, and the artstyle is fabulous. But the combat is dull, tedious and aggravating. The story about Gravity Rush and the story about Kats' past is interesting, but the game barely talks about it. Kat's even more interested in finding a boyfriend then learning aboutGravity Rush is a great game for the vita, but it fails to fully live up to its expectations. The idea and gameplay is original, and the artstyle is fabulous. But the combat is dull, tedious and aggravating. The story about Gravity Rush and the story about Kats' past is interesting, but the game barely talks about it. Kat's even more interested in finding a boyfriend then learning about her past! What makes the game even worse is the fact that the game focuses more on its boring combat than its interesting story. The game ends without answering half of the questions it offers leaving the game unsatisfactory. The boring challenges don't help either. At the end of the day, Gravity Rush is still a good enough game to try, and it's still one of the better game's on the PSVita system. Expand
  42. Jun 17, 2012
    Gravity Rush is very fun to play. The first couple of hours on your Vita will likely blow you away. It's gravity control is very unique and is a great new idea in a world of sequels and copying other people's ideas. The enemies are a little blah, and the gameplay does get a little repetitive but this is still a wonderful, highly recommended game. I hope that Sony builds from thisGravity Rush is very fun to play. The first couple of hours on your Vita will likely blow you away. It's gravity control is very unique and is a great new idea in a world of sequels and copying other people's ideas. The enemies are a little blah, and the gameplay does get a little repetitive but this is still a wonderful, highly recommended game. I hope that Sony builds from this because with a little more polish and a little more variation it easily would have been a 10/10 for me. Expand
  43. Jun 18, 2013
    The main game mechanic defying gravity and flowing around feels magnificent but the air combat can be sometimes frustrating. Find myself using one move all the time due to the lack of other air attack (there could be at least one more direct attack that would allow you to do some kind of combo) because of that the air combat becomes bit boring.
    Sliding on the ground controlled by front
    Sliding on the ground controlled by front touchscreen and tilting Vita is kinda unpredictable.
    Definitely one of the best original games on Vita. It looks really nice and the art is very pretty.
  44. Mar 10, 2014
    one of Vita's best original games by far. good story with great control (air battles can get a little hectic at times) tons of collectibles to find and side challenges to do. good story, could be better. lack of voice acting is a plus/negative depending on what you like.
  45. Jun 21, 2012
    Excellent game...one of the best open world games ive played in a while with great great art style and music...lots to do always keep it feeling fresh...a much needed great title for the Vita to help it pick up in sales...something it very much deserves
  46. Jun 14, 2012
    This game has three things going for it that make it excellent: 1)amazing graphics, 2)beautiful art style, 3)game mechanic that is unique AND fun. Some games sacrifice fun to be innovative, but this game manages to do both. On top of that, you have great art rendered beautifully. I would give this game a 10 no matter what platform it was on. The fact that it is portable is just incredible.
  47. Mar 11, 2013
    Dont even think about it The game is awesome pure art magic and epicness A must title for every gamer out there I should say more about the game but i dont have to just go and play the game it worths your time ...every second
  48. Gaz
    Jul 20, 2012
    Alright people, let's get down to business. Is Gravity Rush worth your money? The answer is yes. Gravity Rush has been watched closely for a while by gamers and critics alike, and while they all agree that Gravity Rush looks interesting, how's the time to put it to the test. And I'm happy to report that Gravity Rush is a superb entry in the Vita's library and one that every Vita ownerAlright people, let's get down to business. Is Gravity Rush worth your money? The answer is yes. Gravity Rush has been watched closely for a while by gamers and critics alike, and while they all agree that Gravity Rush looks interesting, how's the time to put it to the test. And I'm happy to report that Gravity Rush is a superb entry in the Vita's library and one that every Vita owner should own. The first thing you'll notice are the game's stellar visuals. The developers really pulled out all the stops making this game look awesome. The characters are anime-inspired, and the story has a similar style. Light glistens, colors pop, and the cityscape looks great as you explore every bit of it. Some critics complain about how the visual scaling decreases the amount of depth to the world. I, however, thought that it enhanced the experience. As you get farther away from distant parts of the city, it turns into a dark, amber silhouette. One could complain that this detracts from the visual art style of the game, but it still looks beautiful. But visuals don't mean a thing if the gameplay and story isn't solid, and thankfully, most of it is. You play as young heroine, Kat. You wake up in the slums of a giant floating city with no memories and a mysterious starry cat next to you. This cat (whom Kat affectionately names Dusty) gives her gravity shifting powers that quickly make her a person of interest between everyone in the city, both good and bad. It's a pretty solid narrative, mostly told though comic book panel cutscenes (the town is named Hekseville, and since they never say it, I have no idea how to pronounce it) but it's a nice, new touch on how to tell a video game story.  Kat herself is a very cute a protagonist and is the likable "I'll do whatever I can to save the world" kind of hero. Unfortunately if you're not into the silly, emotional, anime kind of story, it'll probably just go right over your head.  Luckily, though, the gameplay has plenty enough ambiance to keep you coming back. You'll press R to float and then target a location and press it again to make the targeted surface the new gravity focus for Kat. Aim towards the air, and you can soar around the city. In combat, gravity kicks can be performed and inanimate objects can be hurled at opponents. There are also gems that are scattered around the city, which can fix broken locations and objects, as well as upgrade Kat's powers. The game has a decent length and you'll want to explore every inch of Hekseville's open-world environment. With all the good that Gravity Rush offers, it's impossible not to point out a few of it's flaws. As great as the main story is, I wish there were some side missions. You can get a few real, genuine "story driven" side missions and some new costumes, either as a pre-order bonus, or but various DLC.  However, most of the so-called side missions are rack-em-up score challenges like, "beat as many enemies as you can in 5 minutes", or " hit all the checkpoints around the city for a race" kind of a thing. These might be good enough for some people, but I found myself wanting more. Also, the combat can be frustrating at some points, mainly during fights with aerial enemies, due to the fact that it's hard to get a fix on their position and they seem to like moving out of the way. This, is by far not a deal-breaker, though, and if it is for you, you probably just weren't trying hard enough. Overall, Gravity Rush proves itself to be an amazing entry into the Vita's library and something that almost every gamer will enjoy. Expand
  49. Sep 29, 2012
    This is a game with a defined and pronounced art and story telling style. From the comic book style speech boxes to the heroic heroine this game provides an experience unique to any other game or console. The ending is a bit open-ended but with the makers all but confirming a sequel in the works it's to be expected. However here are some things you should consider as strong reasons not toThis is a game with a defined and pronounced art and story telling style. From the comic book style speech boxes to the heroic heroine this game provides an experience unique to any other game or console. The ending is a bit open-ended but with the makers all but confirming a sequel in the works it's to be expected. However here are some things you should consider as strong reasons not to buy it

Dizzyness: The game's controls throw you for a loop and the camera throws a fit after a missed kick or particularly sharp turn maneuver. Combat: not the best combat system I've ever seen but an intriguing one. the reliance on a single attack can make fighting some times monotonous but special moves and upgrades can break the pace.

Story: as I mentioned before the ending is open. There are many loose ends by the end of the story most of which I presume will be solved in the sequel but if you come in expecting answers by the end you will be disappointed. If you feel you can work through these then you are ready for a genuinely amazing adventure.
  50. Feb 13, 2013
    This game is a fantastic entry to the Vita library. A superb title and a must own to any Vita owners. But of course, every game has its good points and flaws.
    - Gameplay it utilizes every function of Vita, which is a huge win for me, The gameplay is simple and interesting especially the the gravity mechanics. I had so much fun just switching from left to right, upside down, or standing diagonally. But the controls were a bit wonky, it felt too sensitive and I wished that I could toggle the controls. It needs a bit more customization in the options so I could adjust the HUD or the sensitivity or the key bindings to suit my play style. I sometimes had trouble targeting specific points, the gravity kick was really hard to target, and the gravity special attack (The spiral one) was difficult to aim because of the camera going haywire. Needs lots of fine-tuning 8/10 Graphics It's fantastic, I can tell that the developers really put a lot of love into the details. For a handheld console the graphics is superb, I might even argue that it can rival PS3 graphics. They could try to fine line the characters or the NPCs because they sometimes blend in with the background too much. 9/10
    - Sound The music is awesome, it's a mix of European plus Japanese soothing music blended in together to produce Gravity Rush's soundtrack. The music made the game even more engaging and entertaining to play. 10/10
    - Story The story in this game is interesting since it's about a girl with mysterious powers with her trusty companion, Dusty, to solve her mysterious past. Although the cliffhanger ending left me with a sour note in my mouth, but the lore is extremely interesting. 7/10
    - Lasting Appeal There should be more side quests and back story on some of the characters (hopefully they will answer this in the sequel) the game felt a tad bit short for my taste. The competitive side missions was challenging but frustrating, because of the wonky controls. But this game was so good that I'll recommend to any Vita owner to get it. It's a game that will stay with me for a long time. 8/10

Final verdict is 8.5
  51. Jun 21, 2012
    I give Gravity Rush a 9. I've just completed it, what a truly great game it is!
    My overall playtime was probably between 15-20 hours, I can't check because the clock is bugged but it was most certainly longer than 12 hours which is probably the average, I spent a good bit of time just flying around and collecting gems.
    I had pretty high expectations (love Toyama's stuff) but Gravity
    I give Gravity Rush a 9. I've just completed it, what a truly great game it is!
    I had pretty high expectations (love Toyama's stuff) but Gravity Rush, for me, is his most accomplished game so far - there are moments in the game where you feel a rush (excuse the pun) of pure joy, as you plummet across the skies in shifting gravity, launching yourself head on to your enemies, painted against a pastel water coloured sky that melts into the landscape.
    For anyone still on the fence, I'll list a few of the pros and cons I came across:
    + Lovely story, there are a lot of loose ends, where the games just gives you enough to speculate but also keeps you guessing, the ending heavily implies a sequel is planned. These are my favourite kind of stories, where a lot of it is left to your own imagination rather than having an exposition dump
    + Charming, likeable characters. I don't think there's a single character I disliked! This is a big deal for me. Kat is a brilliant heroine.
    + Amazing visuals - technically it's the best looking handheld title I've ever played.
    + Carrying on from the last point, the art style is awesome, entirely consistent - down to the maps, the menus, the comic book style cutscenes, the quirky voice acting - it's all ace.
    + The soundtrack mixes equal levels of whimsy and more bombastic tunes to create a wonderful mixture of sound
    + When it hits it stride, the gameplay is really very fun, launching yourself around and homing in on enemies while being suspended upside down above a skyscraper becomes second nature to you
    + Exciting and varied boss battles
    + The gyro is used very well for subtle maneuvers
    - The gryo isn't as effective for more demanding maneuvers and for navigating tight corners and whatnot - The dash move is really quite unyielding and there seems to be a steep learning curve to master it (compared to the other uses with the gyro)
    - While the world is designed wonderfully, there's not much to do outside of challenges and listening to rumours. Some more gimmicks to add distraction and variety would be welcome (For instance, they could have fleshed out Kat's home and let us collect lots of little objects to put in there, or there could be some sort of Fortune Telling mini game)
    - Specifically, more variety with the sidequests themselves would have been nice - More enemy variety would be great
    - The game brings in a lot of story elements and characters towards the end, and so they're not expanded upon enough - we will have to wait at least a year or so for a sequel :(

Most of my complaints are basically that I wanted more variety, which is something that a sequel would definitely remedy
    I'm pretty confident there will be one
    It's my 'Folklore' of the Vita (a total gem!) It's the most ambitious handheld game I've ever had the pleasure to play, and with that comes some flaws, but I absolutely can overlook them because Gravity Rush is everything I look for in a game; oozing with charm and character, a joy to both look at and play, and leaves me wanting more.
    It's currently happily sitting on my 'Game of the Year' spot for a handheld title. And certainly takes it for 'Best new I.P' for me.
  52. Jul 2, 2012
    A really fun game. Although the story is not fully explained. I have a feeling everything will be explained in Gravity Rush 2. The controls are ok, it just takes a little time to get used to them. You will learn to use the Right analog stick and then fine tune with the PS Vita motion sensor.
  53. Dec 31, 2012
    Gravity Rush is a truly unique experience and the fact that it is on a handheld device makes it even more special. From the beginning of the game, Gravity Rush gives you a gripping story line, lovable characters, colorful graphics, and controls that were easy to use. Japan Studios created a game that gives people a reason to own a Playsation Vita. Gravity Rush begins with a girl named KatGravity Rush is a truly unique experience and the fact that it is on a handheld device makes it even more special. From the beginning of the game, Gravity Rush gives you a gripping story line, lovable characters, colorful graphics, and controls that were easy to use. Japan Studios created a game that gives people a reason to own a Playsation Vita. Gravity Rush begins with a girl named Kat who has lost her memory. Much of story continues with you meeting memorable characters and trying to help the city that you have found yourself in. Now, I would give more of an understanding of the story and setting Gravity Rush presents but it would be difficult. The only real problem this game has is that is fails to answer many of the questions that are brought up. Besides that, Gravity Rush plays very well, always providing you with new abilities, upgrades, and powers. Graphics are amazing, especially on a handheld and they even look as good as present games on the Playstation 3. If you are looking for a reason to purchase a Playstation Vita, then this is it. Gravity Rush is the best handheld game I have ever played and is easily one of the best games I've played overall. Expand
  54. Jul 15, 2013
    I'm about 5 hours in to this game, and I can say that Gravity Rush is a solid Vita title. I love the comic style graphics, reminiscent of games like Borderlands, the game runs smoothly on the Vita, music is nice, and the game mechanics and controls are pretty easy to pick up after about an hour of play.
    The only reason I'm giving it an 8 as opposed to a 9 or 10 is the lack of variation in combat, and the story is kind of ho-hum. Other than that, it's a very enjoyable game!
  55. Jan 17, 2014
    Interesting concept but the controls are far from user friendly. They're garbage.
    You know those guys that get amazingly good at CoD because they play constantly?
    Well get ready for some of that if you want to beat this game.
  56. Jun 12, 2012
    I'll give it a solid 10. This game is a piece of art in almost anything but the fighting mechanics gameplay. are kind sort off repetitive but en joyful. I easily recommend this game to anyone that have a PS Vita. I'm still enjoying this awesome game.
  57. Dec 1, 2012
    Let's get it straight. I won't make excuses for being portable and being among few titles available on Vita. It is awesome game ON VITA, and it is awesome PORTABLE game. But if don't take portability into acount It's mediocre game with good art-direction and story. You only like it if you get used to alcoholic camera and broken lock-on kick system. It doesn't stand any modern gameplay standarts.
  58. Apr 6, 2013
    Very different. Combat isn't the best but i gotta say it is a solid play. Flying around changing gravity. Exploring a town. It has a curious story and is compelling to keep playing. If your a fan of Shadow of colossus give this a shot. Its different. Its good. and well worth it.
  59. Jun 12, 2012
    Think back to the first time you booted up Final Fantasy 7, seeing this amazing new world, Aerith walking the streets of Midgar, to Clouds first appearance getting off the train and you suddenly began to realize you were about to play something special... That's exactly how you feel with gravity rush in all honesty. This is a must buy title that no one should miss regardless if you ownThink back to the first time you booted up Final Fantasy 7, seeing this amazing new world, Aerith walking the streets of Midgar, to Clouds first appearance getting off the train and you suddenly began to realize you were about to play something special... That's exactly how you feel with gravity rush in all honesty. This is a must buy title that no one should miss regardless if you own a vita or not... There are still amazing game developers out there and Gravity Rush is a prime example of it. Expand
  60. Nov 13, 2012
    very good game with its story graphics and music pretty awesome game thank you sony a lot wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
  61. Jun 19, 2012
    The atmosphere is fantastic, the music score is brilliant, the characters are edgy and the game looks amazing. Package this with a unique control options, fun missions an interesting story and I'll venture to say that this is one of the best games on the Vita to date. I think you should go buy it.
  62. Aug 4, 2013
    I've been sitting on this game for a while now, and at first I was unsure but giving it a second chance I can say I really like it.
    So at first you'll notice the art style, its very anime and it works well for the vita. Beyond that you'll upgrade yourself from kicks to falling speed, and a lot more. You'll fight on the ground and you'll fight while floating, you'll slide to enemies to give them a powerful blow, you'll throw stuff at them with your gravity stasis, you'll unlock parts of the city like a factory or a bridge to access challenges, you'll collect gems, you'll talk to citizens, you'll do a lot of stuff and it all works in an enjoyable way.
    Besides that the game doesn't quite reach the vita's full potential but it is a damn enjoyable game and should be played by all vita owners.
  63. Jun 14, 2012
    Gravity Rush is a gem hiding in the sea of rehashed ideas and mediocrity that big budget games have become today. It saddens me a little, to see certain review sites seem to have bought into the norm so much, that they can't even appreciate a game as special as this one. Gravity Rush is perhaps the best game I've played this year. As a first gen Vita title, it suffers some technicalGravity Rush is a gem hiding in the sea of rehashed ideas and mediocrity that big budget games have become today. It saddens me a little, to see certain review sites seem to have bought into the norm so much, that they can't even appreciate a game as special as this one. Gravity Rush is perhaps the best game I've played this year. As a first gen Vita title, it suffers some technical limitations in draw distance and the like, but highly benefits from the control scheme, overall making the Vita feel like the best system to host the game. Characters are likable, music excellent, the style and comic cut scenes work well together, the gravity mechanic isn't a gimmick, but truly fun and gives a great sense of freedom... pacing is great, it's broken up well between story missions, challenges, and sandbox, so it always feels fresh.... the only flaw is perhaps that combat mechanics can sometimes feel slightly less polished than the rest of the game.. which is why I rated down a point. Overall though, Gravity Rush has really impressed me, and it's the type of game you want to tell people about, so that they can have the great experience of playing it. Expand
  64. Jun 18, 2012
    Great game. In the midst of it now. The graphics are detailed, I really enjoy the storytelling and the anti-gravity effects are way cool. One of the best games I've played on the Vita thus far.
  65. Jun 18, 2012
    This is one of those special games that come around every so often. A great little sandbox game with bundles of character ,style,originality.id recommend this game in an instant go buy it and enjoy!
  66. Jul 10, 2012
    Whow! Cute Story, Atmosphere...and very nice Gameplay. And even the Controls do feel very right. Its really a unique little title that combines all these things like it was a picture whole of the time. Kudos to that team! Its one of these games, that makes you love your Vita. And if somebody says this game isn't good, he's right. Its just awesome! It reminds me somtimes on Batman:AC, orWhow! Cute Story, Atmosphere...and very nice Gameplay. And even the Controls do feel very right. Its really a unique little title that combines all these things like it was a picture whole of the time. Kudos to that team! Its one of these games, that makes you love your Vita. And if somebody says this game isn't good, he's right. Its just awesome! It reminds me somtimes on Batman:AC, or GTA in some way, but with an anime art style and some asian love. Why so? Guess you know it, if you've played it! Expand
  67. Dec 20, 2013
    Kat and her cat are a great team. With the power of a cat, Kat may gravitate, which gives us many opportunities in the world of Gravity Rush. Great graphics, interesting story, quite enjoyable music is great strengths of the game. I think combat system could be improved, which sometimes became boring. But this is still a good game! This is something new then I have to give it a 10!
  68. Jun 30, 2014
    Great combat, great story, comic book style. This game has everything I want from a video game. I love the way you swipe the screen like an actual comic book. I love the rpgs elements of the game and the challenges combat are fun. I can't wait for Gravity Rush 2 on the PS Vita and wish they would make a Gravity Rush on the PS4 as I am sick of all of the grey, corridor shooters on PS4.
  69. Jun 13, 2012
    Great artwork, great gameplay, great story...GREAT GAME!
    Kat is such an adorable character.. Im really enjoying this game, I have no idea how it will end, but I sure hope we get more games like this one!!!
    love it
  70. Jul 17, 2012
    Despite some odd design and control choices, I really do enjoy this game. Flying around wonderfully designed cities is fun, but where the game really excels is its art and character design. Kat is a wonderful character and the people and environments she's surrounded by are stunning. The combat can be frustrating though, about 90% of the time you're forced in combat where your only attackDespite some odd design and control choices, I really do enjoy this game. Flying around wonderfully designed cities is fun, but where the game really excels is its art and character design. Kat is a wonderful character and the people and environments she's surrounded by are stunning. The combat can be frustrating though, about 90% of the time you're forced in combat where your only attack option is to do a bee-line kick into the enemy. If they move, you've just gotta go back for another pass. I would have loved to see more depth in the combat, but what's here works when it wants to. In short though, while Gravity Rush may fall short in some areas, the fact that it's simply a fresh, beautiful new IP is something that you really don't see too often. It's ambitious, and I like that. Expand
  71. Jan 2, 2013
    Are you looking for a ultra-mega-fun game with a gameplay never seen before? Then Gravity Rush is your game. The graphics are beautiful, the history is interesting, the gameplay is AWESOME. Kat (the main character) is one of my favorite characters now: she's cute, have a golden heart but she is strong and bad ass too. The cut-scenes are formidable and play this game is like give a breakAre you looking for a ultra-mega-fun game with a gameplay never seen before? Then Gravity Rush is your game. The graphics are beautiful, the history is interesting, the gameplay is AWESOME. Kat (the main character) is one of my favorite characters now: she's cute, have a golden heart but she is strong and bad ass too. The cut-scenes are formidable and play this game is like give a break to all you know about videogames. IT'S FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Expand
  72. Feb 12, 2013
    I'm gonna keep my review short for the sake of your time but Gravity Rush is one of the best games on the VITA at the moment and one of the best games of all time. The story is excellent, wandering around the open-world city you're given is a blast, and there is a lot of content in store here. The only real problem is the controls. Sometimes it may get hard to fight with Kat under theI'm gonna keep my review short for the sake of your time but Gravity Rush is one of the best games on the VITA at the moment and one of the best games of all time. The story is excellent, wandering around the open-world city you're given is a blast, and there is a lot of content in store here. The only real problem is the controls. Sometimes it may get hard to fight with Kat under the original button controls. However you quickly forget about this flaw. Is this worth buying if you have a VITA? Yes. Is this worth buying a VITA for? Definitley. Take my word for it and play this original, creative game. Good Job Japan Studio. Expand
  73. Apr 1, 2013
    Gravity Rush is a very addicting game. You'll get absorbed by the story's sad, fun and dark sides. You'll get dizzy at first and will have a difficulty controlling Kat but you'll get used it after more than an hour of game play. The graphics are great but a little bit angular.

I rated this game, 10 because of the new game experience such as Kat roaming the city freely by land or by air, lot of side plays, and the leveling system. Also this game is exclusively distributed on PS Vita. :)

I downloaded the Maid and the Spy packs and found it also very fun. Hope there's a sequel for this game.
  74. Aug 6, 2013
    I Finished Gravity Rush Today, and I must say its one of the Best Vita Launch Titles, Since its a Original Idea, made for a Fresh new console, I thought the Vita controls, were implemented really well, examples would be the smart use of the Gyroscope and Touch-screen, without feeling like these controls are force upon the player like some games, But Kat, is a Lovable Main character, funnyI Finished Gravity Rush Today, and I must say its one of the Best Vita Launch Titles, Since its a Original Idea, made for a Fresh new console, I thought the Vita controls, were implemented really well, examples would be the smart use of the Gyroscope and Touch-screen, without feeling like these controls are force upon the player like some games, But Kat, is a Lovable Main character, funny smart, impatient and on the side very cute,for a girl whose woken up in a new world riddled with Problems and Amnesia, Slowly uncovering where she came from and helping people along the way...for anyone who just got a PSVita I Truly recommend this Title, it has a Decent Length and Much to do... Expand
  75. Sep 6, 2013
    A great and original IP. A superb open world to explore with Kat and Dusty. An intriguing story which leaves room for hopefully a sequel. Graphics are amazing and has re-playability. A must have
  76. Oct 19, 2013
    Very interesting and unusual game! When i saw it first time i thought it is boring game about some girl, who shifts some gravity and so on, with Japanese graphics, then when i saw it is available on PS+ i decided to give it a try, and you know what? I didn't regret it. Unusual gameplay, a bit strange graphics and plot, but this game is very great. I think it is a must have for all of theVery interesting and unusual game! When i saw it first time i thought it is boring game about some girl, who shifts some gravity and so on, with Japanese graphics, then when i saw it is available on PS+ i decided to give it a try, and you know what? I didn't regret it. Unusual gameplay, a bit strange graphics and plot, but this game is very great. I think it is a must have for all of the PS Vita owners. Expand
  77. Mar 7, 2014
    I enjoyed every minute inside the world of Gravity Rush. A fresh game among others, really original, really funny, and charismatic. Playing with the gravity in a sandbox environment was one of the best portable game experience, and shows tha PSVita could give to us.
    In spite of the fact that game is too short, and the expensive and shorts DLC's, you must taste this game.
  78. Jul 10, 2014
    Scoring on the basis of gameplay, visuals/audio, stability, and replay.

Gameplay: 10/10 Wow, gameplay is suburb and the concept unique. Imagine the fluid 3D platformer gameplay of Mario 64 but with the ability to manipulate gravity. The battles are nice and smooth with a good flow to it and the gravity manipulation adds another layer to it. Enemy is too high to reach? Invert gravity
    Scoring on the basis of gameplay, visuals/audio, stability, and replay.

Gameplay: 10/10
    Wow, gameplay is suburb and the concept unique. Imagine the fluid 3D platformer gameplay of Mario 64 but with the ability to manipulate gravity. The battles are nice and smooth with a good flow to it and the gravity manipulation adds another layer to it. Enemy is too high to reach? Invert gravity and now you're falling on it. Boss's weak point is at a strange angle? Manipulate gravity and fall one way, then change it again, and fall in another direction and now you're above the weak point at an angle where you can drop on it.

The ability to control gravity also adds another level to the exploration aspect. The game takes place is a city that is something like a steampunk Cloud City. Controling gravity lets you explore every little nook and cranny of this city, from jumping from tall buildings to running around the underbelly of the city. Over time you kind of become a local superheroine and random people will be asking you to use your gravity bending powers to help them out. You can use your powers to fly/fall across the sky, or to run up and down walls, and it's a power that you can activate a will as opposed to needing special conditions.

The combo system is pretty basic and straight forward, nothing really new, though with the Vita's tilt controls you can jump up and use the tilt control to aim where you'll land your head stomp attack. It takes a little getting used to and I know some people won't like it, but it's optional.

There is also some light RPG elements, you can level up your character and her abilities, like having a longer gravity meter or more health, or new combos.

Visuals/audio: 10/10
    The graphics are really nice and the animation is very smooth, very little texture tearing or weird glitches like spasming bodies. The audio is crisp and clear, and I haven't run into any audio glitches.

The visuals and audio also really serve to give this game some personality. The art style and the music creates a setting like 1920s America, the so-called "Roaring 20s". There's even a character that shows up later that's pretty much a chick Rocketeer. The color pallette and the music are bright and upbeat giving the game something of a "happy" feel as opposed to something like GTA or LA Noir.

Stability: 10/10
    This is definitely a well built game. I haven't run into any freezes or crashes. All the functionality is there and everything works. No instaces of the game just stopping to work or save files getting corrupted.

Replayablity: 8/10
    Replay value seemed about average, you have several DLC missions along with the side quests in the main game. It isn't on the level of Killzone: Mercenary (another must have for a Vita owner), but it's about what would be expected, maybe a little more so.

Overall: 38/40
    This would be a good game on a home console. If the PSP didn't do it, then the Vita certainly proves you can have the experience of a modern home console game on a hand held. This game is that good. And not just a budget title but a full priced on at that. Sony could just copy-past this into a PS3 game and it would still be awesome.

Having a Vita and not owning this game is like having a PS3 and not owning any of the Uncharted games.
  79. Jun 14, 2012
    This game is the first true PS Vita IP, its an awesome adventure, beautiful cities and art style, charming characters and story. Controls need to be tighter in the sequel otherwise a must have.
  80. Jun 15, 2012
    The game is great and has really fresh mechanic. I knew from the start that it would be story based, and i like that, so i bought it and enjoyed. But i read some negative reviews there people didn't like the game just because it's not OMG RESISTANCE burning skies?!!11 wtf?!?!1 are you serious. It's not FPS, it's not even a shooter. The game is totally not about that.
  81. Aug 12, 2012
    Amazing campaign, beautiful graphics, wonderful open world to explore, and a great story, along with the interesting way it goes through the story. Gyroscopic controls are sweet, and the characters are wonderful, the world is always changing and its always fun riding on the airboats. A must own for PS Vita.
  82. Aug 25, 2012
    Even though a very fun game, Gravity Rush feels unfinished and
  83. Jun 25, 2013
    Awesome original game on vita! Graphics are Amazing, story is interesting. Look forward for the second, even though dunno if they planned or not, hope we will have online play then.
  84. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is unique. If you have enough money to buy a vita and this game, go buy it. The combat is difficult
    to get the hang of, but once you do you will be blasting nevi's away. I love this game, go buy it, it's a must have.
  85. Jun 16, 2012
    This game alone makes it's totally worth it to buy a PS Vita. Unfortunately, there is only a handful PSV games worth to buy so far. The game play is very original, the look and level design are similar to Jet Set Radio Future in a way, which is one of my favourite title all time.
  86. Jul 20, 2012
    Gravity rush it's the best game for PSVita. the graphics are superb and gives a very good visual atmosphere. the music is really involved and the gamplay is simple and treatment.
  87. Oct 3, 2013
    Great simple fun with a lot of imagination and story. Great comic book style cut scenes and great leveling system. This game alone made the 50.00 a year for playstation plus worth it with how fun and addicting smart it is and how well the tilt function works with the cut scenes.
  88. Jun 12, 2012
    Best game I have ever played on a handheld. Played it on one of my buddy's PS Vita and immediately went to Best Buy to buy my own along with Gravity Rush. All my friends already have PS Vita's so its awesome that we all have on now. The gameplay is rock solid just like all Sony exclusives. Buy it!!!!!
  89. Jun 12, 2012
    A wonderful breathe of fresh air, always nice to play a new IP instead of countless sequels/spin-offs.

Gravity Manipulating mechanic is great, music is great, art style is great, overall atmosphere is fantastic. Kat is amusing as a character and has a pretty easy to please/helping personality. Combat is simple, all attacks are kicks really but the gravity mechanic throws a wrench in and

Combat is simple, all attacks are kicks really but the gravity mechanic throws a wrench in and makes the combat far more interesting.

Just a solid great new title.
  90. Jun 12, 2012
    So far this is the Vita's strongest title (I admit that isn't saying a lot).
    Fantastic graphics, atmosphere, music, and fun gameplay mechanics really shape up to show off the Vita.
    A must have for anyone with a Vita, and a brain.
  91. Jun 13, 2012
    A really amazing game that surpasses the sum of it's parts through sheer will of stylish force. Once you've grasped the gravity mechanic, the world opens up in a whole new way. A must play for any Vita owner.
  92. Jun 13, 2012
    Gravity rush is a one of a kind. gameplay is very fluid, art style is amazing, the game is very east to get the hang of. one of the best games ive purchased in a while the graphics are amazing, music is phenomenal, and the over-all world is very large.
  93. Jun 14, 2012
    I have played the demo months before this came out and I instantly preordered it and now its realese is great and one of the best vita games. The graphics look Nice for a early title and it is cool how yo control gravity which makes the combat fun
  94. Jun 17, 2012
    Gravity Rush is a great game that displays the PS Vita's potential. Its a must buy for anyone who ones a PS Vita, enjoys comics and superheros, and doesn't mind a bit of Japanese voice acting. With a well built world that encourages users to explore and experiment, I give this game a 9/10, as everything that goes into the game just makes sense. My only complaint which lost the game itsGravity Rush is a great game that displays the PS Vita's potential. Its a must buy for anyone who ones a PS Vita, enjoys comics and superheros, and doesn't mind a bit of Japanese voice acting. With a well built world that encourages users to explore and experiment, I give this game a 9/10, as everything that goes into the game just makes sense. My only complaint which lost the game its 10/10 rating is in combat. When combat begins to get more advanced, I found the camera angle to be difficult to manipulate and often took hits because of it, however this should be expected in a game on the vita. Other than that, the game is great- from the story and how it is told to the characters to the art style (I really like the art style). The game also has replay value, if you are up for the challenge, and a handful of dlcs planned, so if you are thinking about picking it up, go right ahead, I recommend it. Expand
  95. Jun 19, 2012
    Excelente juego, totalmente artístico y adictivo, una COMPRA OBLIGADA para todo fan de los juegos de aventuras y poseedores de un VITA. 100/100 Graficas, musica, historia, personajes, toda una experiencia UNICA e INIGUALABLE en la palma de nuestras manos.
  96. Jun 20, 2012
    I was continually impressed while playing this game with both the ambitious scale of the city, and the calibre of the gameplay. I have heard complaints about the combat system, but I found it to be quite enjoyable. The particular challenges of using the gravity system was a welcome new experience. If I had one complaint it would be that I wish there were more story-based side missionsI was continually impressed while playing this game with both the ambitious scale of the city, and the calibre of the gameplay. I have heard complaints about the combat system, but I found it to be quite enjoyable. The particular challenges of using the gravity system was a welcome new experience. If I had one complaint it would be that I wish there were more story-based side missions rather that just the challenges - but that is only a minor gripe in a very enjoyable game. Expand
  97. Jun 23, 2012
    Gravity Rush has beautiful visuals (cell shaded so it will age gracefully, you can come back to this game in 10 years and it will still look great, ie: windwaker), its got a wonderful and fully realized story. While the combat is sometimes wonky, once you get the hang of it, its extremely satisfying, and utilizes the Vita's hardware beautifully. As with anything new, it takes getting usedGravity Rush has beautiful visuals (cell shaded so it will age gracefully, you can come back to this game in 10 years and it will still look great, ie: windwaker), its got a wonderful and fully realized story. While the combat is sometimes wonky, once you get the hang of it, its extremely satisfying, and utilizes the Vita's hardware beautifully. As with anything new, it takes getting used to, but once you do - you'll be able to experience one of the best new IP's of the year. I highly recommend grabbing your copy of Gravity Rush today if you already own a Vita; if not, start saving. Expand
  98. Jul 12, 2012
    Gravity Rush was supposed to be the PlayStation Vita's savior. And honestly, it comes very close. The graphics are near perfect the only problem I had with them was that when you kicked something, the object would disappear. But that's the only problem with the graphics, everything else is PERFECT. The comic feel really pulls it all together. The idea is ingenious. It's perfect. "Falling"Gravity Rush was supposed to be the PlayStation Vita's savior. And honestly, it comes very close. The graphics are near perfect the only problem I had with them was that when you kicked something, the object would disappear. But that's the only problem with the graphics, everything else is PERFECT. The comic feel really pulls it all together. The idea is ingenious. It's perfect. "Falling" towards the destination you want to go. It isn't flying, but it feels like it. The sound is awesome! The made up language is just like Simlish and was based on Japanese, but mixed up and given a French accent. Exactly what it sounds like and it sounds pretty cool. The gameplay mechanics do have problems. Not enough to make the game any worse than 10/10 but it can be annoying at times. Trying to attack an enemy and having it move just an inch to the right and you fly right by, is quite frustrating. It's not enough to make it any worse and the game is tons of fun. Plus the trophies are very easy! Expand
  99. Nov 17, 2012
    Let's be honest. This game has original graphics and original gameplay never seen before in a game. But it is sooo boring. It's all about collecting gems and upgrading your abilities. There is a story, quite fun although sometimes I was amazed how rude Kat was to other people. Definitely my least favorite character. Completed after a few hours. Ok, what now? I can fly, I have an open worldLet's be honest. This game has original graphics and original gameplay never seen before in a game. But it is sooo boring. It's all about collecting gems and upgrading your abilities. There is a story, quite fun although sometimes I was amazed how rude Kat was to other people. Definitely my least favorite character. Completed after a few hours. Ok, what now? I can fly, I have an open world so what should I do. Oh, looks like I can do some side missions. Race? Should be fun. Okay, race was boring. What now... Wait, everything in this game is boring. Never mind, I'll just wait for a good game. Yeah, after completing the main story line, I had nothing to do. I no longer enjoyed flying, I no longer enjoyed the graphics, there was nothing more to do. After 5 days of playing, I no longer wanted to play the game. Would I buy it again? Yeah, I probably would, but definitely not worth the money now when AC3: Liberation and NFS Most Wanted are out. Expand
  100. Feb 14, 2013
    Gravity Rush is an extremely unique and creative game, and one that is intriguing and addictive from the get-go. The gameplay is fairly simple and easy to get the hang of, yet there are many different ways in which to utilize Kat's gravity shifting powers. This game does a good job of showing off the VITA's graphics capabilities, and the world is visually appealing. The story is a littleGravity Rush is an extremely unique and creative game, and one that is intriguing and addictive from the get-go. The gameplay is fairly simple and easy to get the hang of, yet there are many different ways in which to utilize Kat's gravity shifting powers. This game does a good job of showing off the VITA's graphics capabilities, and the world is visually appealing. The story is a little cutesy, and a bit short, but it is far from dull.

The only thing that prevents me from giving the game a 10 is how easy it is. I'm not saying there was never a moment in the game I struggled with, but I advanced through the game's 21 chapters without much resistance. Once the game is beaten, it isn't all that difficult to achieve Platinum either. I'd really like this to be a game I come back to again and again, but there just isn't much replay value.

That being said, this title is definitely one worthy of getting the VITA for it.

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Despite the shortcomings of the combat, Gravity Rush can still stand alongside some of the best games on the Vita. With its wonderful art style oozing character, it’s a game that once you start; it’s really hard to put down.
  2. Oct 29, 2012
    The concept is just dripping with potential on paper, but once it actually hit my Vita, something seems to have been lost.
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    While Gravity Rush is not a perfect game (The combat is lacking, the camera disorientating and the story lacks a proper ending) it is still an extremely fun and addicting piece of gravity shifting adventure. The world, with its odd inhabitants, colorful areas and memorable music deserves most praise. [Sept 2012]