• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 12, 2012
8.5

1. Jun 12, 2012
    This is quite simply the new high standard for future games on the amazing handheld Sony has brought to us, I see a bright future for the VITA if high quality games like Gravity Rush keep coming.
  2. Jun 12, 2012
    Gravity Rush is a very creative and original game from Sony. This was one of my most anticipated games for 2012. The graphics are amazing, they're on par with its big brother PS3. If you need an excuse to buy a PS VITA, then this is the one. This is not only the best Vita game out there, but one of the best handheld games Ive ever played!
  3. Jul 2, 2012
    A really fun game. Although the story is not fully explained. I have a feeling everything will be explained in Gravity Rush 2. The controls are ok, it just takes a little time to get used to them. You will learn to use the Right analog stick and then fine tune with the PS Vita motion sensor.
  4. Jun 21, 2012
    Great Game on vita.
    The story is creative and quiet good. However towards the end the story is rushed and should not.
    Kat is quite amusing with dusty and you can connect with however the developer fails to deliver any other connection with any other character. Often characters are thrown in to mix up the story but give the impression of "WTF??" And there is no reason behind it. The
    Great Game on vita.
    The fighting can get annoying by missing enemies however don't let that stop you from picking this up. Accept the fighting mechanic for what it is and you'll enjoy this title.
    Disappointed by every boss battle however, they are not hard and can easily beat within a matter of minutes. During the time with this game you will be lucky if you die once and that will probably be in a challenge.
    Challenges and free roam are fun. However i suggest you take time from the main game to complete as these will help you, since it isn't worth it after the main game unless you must have that trophy. Do explore, explore, explore! Its get and gravity sliding around the city is really great.
    The Rpgness is nice addition to this title and really makes the impression that your skills are improving and you are becoming the "Gravity Queen".
    But let us not forget the gravity mechanic in this game. Great fun! Just as most as running from cops in GTA, NFS, Jak II

Main Points
    +story great
    +challenges and free roam
    +rpgness
    +Great fun
    +Gravity rocks! And so does the slide!
    -No real need to care about other characters
    -lack of a reason to come back after you beat the game
    -Story is rushed towards the end
  5. Jun 19, 2012
    Excelente juego, totalmente artístico y adictivo, una COMPRA OBLIGADA para todo fan de los juegos de aventuras y poseedores de un VITA. 100/100 Graficas, musica, historia, personajes, toda una experiencia UNICA e INIGUALABLE en la palma de nuestras manos.
  6. Jun 20, 2012
    I was continually impressed while playing this game with both the ambitious scale of the city, and the calibre of the gameplay. I have heard complaints about the combat system, but I found it to be quite enjoyable. The particular challenges of using the gravity system was a welcome new experience. If I had one complaint it would be that I wish there were more story-based side missionsI was continually impressed while playing this game with both the ambitious scale of the city, and the calibre of the gameplay. I have heard complaints about the combat system, but I found it to be quite enjoyable. The particular challenges of using the gravity system was a welcome new experience. If I had one complaint it would be that I wish there were more story-based side missions rather that just the challenges - but that is only a minor gripe in a very enjoyable game. Expand
  7. Jun 21, 2012
    Excellent game...one of the best open world games ive played in a while with great great art style and music...lots to do always keep it feeling fresh...a much needed great title for the Vita to help it pick up in sales...something it very much deserves
  8. Feb 17, 2013
    Gravity Rush may look quite interesting and beautiful, but in the end it is shallow in pretty much every aspect. The world you move through is but a dead background, where people move aimlessly until you catch them in your gravity stream as you fly around, only to release them a bit further where they usually end up falling to their death in the bottomless emptiness beyond the city. AndGravity Rush may look quite interesting and beautiful, but in the end it is shallow in pretty much every aspect. The world you move through is but a dead background, where people move aimlessly until you catch them in your gravity stream as you fly around, only to release them a bit further where they usually end up falling to their death in the bottomless emptiness beyond the city. And nobody seems to care.

Story is kinda interesting, but you are never quite told who is who in this weird, almost surreal, world and in the end I just felt kinda pissed that I do not know anything about the city and its inhabitants, about the monsters that attack them, about the nature of the world itself. It just feels random as if there is no real background and the whole thing is just a bunch of ideas smashed together.

Gameplay itself is fairly limited in options and the combat mechanics could use a good game designer, because the potential there is much, much greater than what the game ultimately has to offer. Now this is all rather negative and I'd like to stress out that Gravity Rush is not a bad game, but my expectations for it were considerably higher and the potential to fulfill them was rather obvious. Decent game, but shallow and therefore disappointing to sum it up.
  9. Jun 17, 2012
    Gravity Rush is very fun to play. The first couple of hours on your Vita will likely blow you away. It's gravity control is very unique and is a great new idea in a world of sequels and copying other people's ideas. The enemies are a little blah, and the gameplay does get a little repetitive but this is still a wonderful, highly recommended game. I hope that Sony builds from thisGravity Rush is very fun to play. The first couple of hours on your Vita will likely blow you away. It's gravity control is very unique and is a great new idea in a world of sequels and copying other people's ideas. The enemies are a little blah, and the gameplay does get a little repetitive but this is still a wonderful, highly recommended game. I hope that Sony builds from this because with a little more polish and a little more variation it easily would have been a 10/10 for me. Expand
  10. Jun 18, 2012
    Awesome game, Gravity Rush is a great game that displays the PS Vita's potential. Its a must buy for anyone who ones a PS Vita, enjoys comics and superheros, and doesn't mind a bit of Japanese voice acting. With a well built world that encourages users to explore and experiment
  11. Jun 18, 2012
    Great game. In the midst of it now. The graphics are detailed, I really enjoy the storytelling and the anti-gravity effects are way cool. One of the best games I've played on the Vita thus far.
  12. Jun 18, 2012
    This is one of those special games that come around every so often. A great little sandbox game with bundles of character ,style,originality.id recommend this game in an instant go buy it and enjoy!
  13. Jun 19, 2012
    The atmosphere is fantastic, the music score is brilliant, the characters are edgy and the game looks amazing. Package this with a unique control options, fun missions an interesting story and I'll venture to say that this is one of the best games on the Vita to date. I think you should go buy it.
  14. Jun 27, 2012
    Visually amazing. Rocking soundtrack. Great story with vivid characters. It plays like a dream. Sandbox RPG with tons of hours of FUN. Best game in a handheld. Period.
  15. Jul 7, 2012
    very Unique most have game for the vita. So far this is the best game available for the vita. It is alot of fun and it is pack with action. I never played a game like this. Its a game and a comic book. The comic scene in this game is great. Very good graphics for a handheld. I like the cartoonish graphics. It isnt as great as ps3 graphics but it still a very good design game. There is sovery Unique most have game for the vita. So far this is the best game available for the vita. It is alot of fun and it is pack with action. I never played a game like this. Its a game and a comic book. The comic scene in this game is great. Very good graphics for a handheld. I like the cartoonish graphics. It isnt as great as ps3 graphics but it still a very good design game. There is so much to do on this game. A lot of side missions in this game. One of vita best. #handheld game of the year Expand
  16. Jul 9, 2012
    A very beautiful game. It is a masterpiece in the art, story, and gameplay. It was one of the most original games I have played and I want more! If you were thinking about getting a Vita, this game would make it worth it. The best game out for the Vita currently, hands down.
  17. Jul 9, 2012
    Under the unrelenting pressure from my best friend I caved at the point of sale stall of my local GAME and walked away One Hundred and Fifty F***ing quid lighter with a Vita in my bag and a digital copy of Gravity Rush my only tonic for solace. Alas, thank god, it was money well spent. My problem with portable consoles thus far was that any game made specifically for them would have madeUnder the unrelenting pressure from my best friend I caved at the point of sale stall of my local GAME and walked away One Hundred and Fifty F***ing quid lighter with a Vita in my bag and a digital copy of Gravity Rush my only tonic for solace. Alas, thank god, it was money well spent. My problem with portable consoles thus far was that any game made specifically for them would have made more sense on a console, because they didn't do anything that their parent hardware didn't already do. The PSP was the Playstation on the go with nothing else to offer while the 3DS boasted 3D support. I hate 3D (it gives me a headache) and I hate portable consoles. All but this Vita, that is. Finally a handheld console that can do things the bigger models cannot. Granted: Gravity Rush only narrowly avoids the pit trap of trying too hard to show off the Vita's bells and whistles, but it's such a charming game I couldn't help but love it. The visuals, the art style and the chance to give Isaac Newton the middle one all made for quite a compelling game. This won't be the best game the Vita makes, but if more titles such as this are on the way then the Vita will do very well in the year to come. Just keep your expectations in check please, it's early days yet and GR does show the tell tale signs of a developer working out how to play with it's new toy. Expand
  18. Jul 12, 2012
    Gravity Rush was supposed to be the PlayStation Vita's savior. And honestly, it comes very close. The graphics are near perfect the only problem I had with them was that when you kicked something, the object would disappear. But that's the only problem with the graphics, everything else is PERFECT. The comic feel really pulls it all together. The idea is ingenious. It's perfect. "Falling"Gravity Rush was supposed to be the PlayStation Vita's savior. And honestly, it comes very close. The graphics are near perfect the only problem I had with them was that when you kicked something, the object would disappear. But that's the only problem with the graphics, everything else is PERFECT. The comic feel really pulls it all together. The idea is ingenious. It's perfect. "Falling" towards the destination you want to go. It isn't flying, but it feels like it. The sound is awesome! The made up language is just like Simlish and was based on Japanese, but mixed up and given a French accent. Exactly what it sounds like and it sounds pretty cool. The gameplay mechanics do have problems. Not enough to make the game any worse than 10/10 but it can be annoying at times. Trying to attack an enemy and having it move just an inch to the right and you fly right by, is quite frustrating. It's not enough to make it any worse and the game is tons of fun. Plus the trophies are very easy! Expand
  19. Nov 20, 2012
    Easily the portables best game so far and one of the few reasons to own a Vita.The gravity mechanic itself is simply fantastic and the only weakness of this game is the combat.If you have a Vita,you must have this.
  20. Nov 25, 2012
    GRAVITY RUSH - A game that I truly loved, in my eyes it is, the best Vita game, one of the best games I've played this year and is one of the best portable experiences I've had - if not the best.

It's a beautiful title - with its' unbelievably huge Open-world, fantastic music ( here's a link to my favorite track : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpqOrFPcWXk&feature=player_embedded), it's cool artistic feeling to it, unique combat and fascinating story.

Honestly, it's all of those things combined that made me love the game, the beautiful graphics and fantastic music on their own are seller - and to press 'R' move my Vita and press it again to see Kat fly ( well technically fall ) through the huge open-world, dropped my Jaw for the first time and something about that vast feeling of freedom to this small character in this new world to her, aids to that experience.
    Also it genuinely felt like and Open-world title aside from map being really - really big there are a lot of side missions, a lot of people to talk to ( the conversation were amazing, how you might pick up a word or 2 from the person you are conversing with, words that makes you tilt you head back, and think 'could it be ?' or 'what if.. ' - ).

I could go on and on, but this review is probably going to get lost - unnoticed, just like how the game lost the attention it deserved.
  21. Feb 28, 2013
    This is probably the one true, original series on the Vita that is not either a rehash of an old game or a remake. I personally like it alot, even if the combat system is not entirely fun or easy to use. However the story is wonderful and Kat, the main character, is very easy to like. And the game is free for PS+ users, making spending 50 dollars on a year subscription alot easier toThis is probably the one true, original series on the Vita that is not either a rehash of an old game or a remake. I personally like it alot, even if the combat system is not entirely fun or easy to use. However the story is wonderful and Kat, the main character, is very easy to like. And the game is free for PS+ users, making spending 50 dollars on a year subscription alot easier to justify. I'd highly recommend getting that over actually getting this game, provided you have a decent sized memory card. But this is a fun game and wonderful to play. Expand
  22. Apr 11, 2013
    This is really an unpolished gem. There are some great ideas, but I feel this would be so much better on the PS3. It's very Infamous-y but the whole experience feels very shallow. There is very little to do outside the story missions, only some challenges.. and all of them are like "do this within the time limit!" and then you have to best yourself. I don't think that's a lot of fun, so IThis is really an unpolished gem. There are some great ideas, but I feel this would be so much better on the PS3. It's very Infamous-y but the whole experience feels very shallow. There is very little to do outside the story missions, only some challenges.. and all of them are like "do this within the time limit!" and then you have to best yourself. I don't think that's a lot of fun, so I skipped almost all of them with really no negative consequenses so they're totally optional. I hade doing things within a time limit. The story missions are fine but the problem is THE STORY. It's very japanese, very childish and worst of all, it's truly bad. Vague, silly, incoherent and full of plot holes. Honestly, I found myself skipping half of it because I was so bored. If the story had been descent, I would have been more motivated to play the game. In the end, I just wanted to get it over with. The controls are fine but sometimes it's a little bit frustrating to aim at enemies, but there are crystals scattered all over the world that you can collect and upgrade your abilities so you get powerful easily. Over-all, a quite easy game.

So, wrap-up. I would have liked a real story that you could care even a little about and just more meaningful things to do. The world feels kind of dead and there are no memorable characters at all except for Kat. This is more like a tech demo wrapped around a really bad story. I have no desire at all to go back and play more, or buy any DLC.

Oh, the graphics are great but the resolution seems to be kind of low. The Vita screen has really low resolution to begin with and this just looks up-scaled. Too bad, because the graphics would be so much more enjoyable if they weren't.
  23. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is unique. If you have enough money to buy a vita and this game, go buy it. The combat is difficult
    to get the hang of, but once you do you will be blasting nevi's away. I love this game, go buy it, it's a must have.
  24. Sep 6, 2013
    A great and original IP. A superb open world to explore with Kat and Dusty. An intriguing story which leaves room for hopefully a sequel. Graphics are amazing and has re-playability. A must have
  25. Dec 21, 2013
    Have to say, started this game with low expectations because I had somewhere understood this was a racer. Was I wrong ...
    In short, superb game. Creative design, very original and playful story (albeit a bit incomprehensive at times). Gameplay is fun too. It also doesn't make the mistake to throw you way too much alternative activities to drag things out, very well balanced.
    Special
    Special credits to the music too, especially the pleasure district tune.
    Go get this if you haven't already!
  26. Jun 21, 2012
    I give Gravity Rush a 9. I've just completed it, what a truly great game it is!
    My overall playtime was probably between 15-20 hours, I can't check because the clock is bugged but it was most certainly longer than 12 hours which is probably the average, I spent a good bit of time just flying around and collecting gems.
    I had pretty high expectations (love Toyama's stuff) but Gravity
    I give Gravity Rush a 9. I've just completed it, what a truly great game it is!
    I had pretty high expectations (love Toyama's stuff) but Gravity Rush, for me, is his most accomplished game so far - there are moments in the game where you feel a rush (excuse the pun) of pure joy, as you plummet across the skies in shifting gravity, launching yourself head on to your enemies, painted against a pastel water coloured sky that melts into the landscape.
    For anyone still on the fence, I'll list a few of the pros and cons I came across:
    + Lovely story, there are a lot of loose ends, where the games just gives you enough to speculate but also keeps you guessing, the ending heavily implies a sequel is planned. These are my favourite kind of stories, where a lot of it is left to your own imagination rather than having an exposition dump
    + Charming, likeable characters. I don't think there's a single character I disliked! This is a big deal for me. Kat is a brilliant heroine.
    + Amazing visuals - technically it's the best looking handheld title I've ever played.
    + Carrying on from the last point, the art style is awesome, entirely consistent - down to the maps, the menus, the comic book style cutscenes, the quirky voice acting - it's all ace.
    + The soundtrack mixes equal levels of whimsy and more bombastic tunes to create a wonderful mixture of sound
    + When it hits it stride, the gameplay is really very fun, launching yourself around and homing in on enemies while being suspended upside down above a skyscraper becomes second nature to you
    + Exciting and varied boss battles
    + The gyro is used very well for subtle maneuvers
    - The gryo isn't as effective for more demanding maneuvers and for navigating tight corners and whatnot - The dash move is really quite unyielding and there seems to be a steep learning curve to master it (compared to the other uses with the gyro)
    - While the world is designed wonderfully, there's not much to do outside of challenges and listening to rumours. Some more gimmicks to add distraction and variety would be welcome (For instance, they could have fleshed out Kat's home and let us collect lots of little objects to put in there, or there could be some sort of Fortune Telling mini game)
    - Specifically, more variety with the sidequests themselves would have been nice - More enemy variety would be great
    - The game brings in a lot of story elements and characters towards the end, and so they're not expanded upon enough - we will have to wait at least a year or so for a sequel :(

Most of my complaints are basically that I wanted more variety, which is something that a sequel would definitely remedy
    I'm pretty confident there will be one
    It's my 'Folklore' of the Vita (a total gem!) It's the most ambitious handheld game I've ever had the pleasure to play, and with that comes some flaws, but I absolutely can overlook them because Gravity Rush is everything I look for in a game; oozing with charm and character, a joy to both look at and play, and leaves me wanting more.
    It's currently happily sitting on my 'Game of the Year' spot for a handheld title. And certainly takes it for 'Best new I.P' for me.
  27. Jun 15, 2012
    Believe the hype! Gravity Rush will not disappoint, this game is truly amazing! I've had high expectations for this game and it delivered! Gravity Rush uses innovative controls, a compelling storyline, a likeable cast, and spectacular graphics! Go buy it!
  28. Jun 12, 2012
    awesome visuals, tight controls,new gameplay innovation, colorful artstyle
    highly recommended to all Vita owners

edit: Ignore all those Troll they haven't even played the Game this Game is definitely not a Jrpg
    (nice try Derpgames lol)
  29. Jun 14, 2012
    Gravity Rush is a gem hiding in the sea of rehashed ideas and mediocrity that big budget games have become today. It saddens me a little, to see certain review sites seem to have bought into the norm so much, that they can't even appreciate a game as special as this one. Gravity Rush is perhaps the best game I've played this year. As a first gen Vita title, it suffers some technicalGravity Rush is a gem hiding in the sea of rehashed ideas and mediocrity that big budget games have become today. It saddens me a little, to see certain review sites seem to have bought into the norm so much, that they can't even appreciate a game as special as this one. Gravity Rush is perhaps the best game I've played this year. As a first gen Vita title, it suffers some technical limitations in draw distance and the like, but highly benefits from the control scheme, overall making the Vita feel like the best system to host the game. Characters are likable, music excellent, the style and comic cut scenes work well together, the gravity mechanic isn't a gimmick, but truly fun and gives a great sense of freedom... pacing is great, it's broken up well between story missions, challenges, and sandbox, so it always feels fresh.... the only flaw is perhaps that combat mechanics can sometimes feel slightly less polished than the rest of the game.. which is why I rated down a point. Overall though, Gravity Rush has really impressed me, and it's the type of game you want to tell people about, so that they can have the great experience of playing it. Expand
  30. Jun 14, 2012
    This game is the first true PS Vita IP, its an awesome adventure, beautiful cities and art style, charming characters and story. Controls need to be tighter in the sequel otherwise a must have.

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Despite the shortcomings of the combat, Gravity Rush can still stand alongside some of the best games on the Vita. With its wonderful art style oozing character, it’s a game that once you start; it’s really hard to put down.
  2. Oct 29, 2012
    The concept is just dripping with potential on paper, but once it actually hit my Vita, something seems to have been lost.
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    While Gravity Rush is not a perfect game (The combat is lacking, the camera disorientating and the story lacks a proper ending) it is still an extremely fun and addicting piece of gravity shifting adventure. The world, with its odd inhabitants, colorful areas and memorable music deserves most praise. [Sept 2012]