Guacamelee! PlayStation Vita

8.3

1. Aug 23, 2013
    This game is super fun at first but the platforming gets harder. In other words, I do not recommend this game for young children or people like myself with the reflexes of young children. It got to a point where I just had to stop playing because it requires you to have quick reflexes to advance at a certain point.
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    I can´t say i understand why this game has gotten so much positive publicity. Sure it´s a funny little platform´er, but that is really all it is! Guacamelee! is an example of a platform game done right, but here is no originality to make it stand out, like in other games like Braid or Limbo. My verdict is that Guacamelee! is a funny little platform game nothing more nothing less..
  3. Sep 7, 2015
    I realized what I liked about the Metroid games when playing this--the adventurous sci-fi world and its atmosphere, and you being alone in it to explore--two element which Guacamelee! lacks altogether.
  4. Feb 13, 2014
    I'm still in the middle of the game. Playing it on both PS3 and Vita with cross save :). Guacamelee is awesome. Fantastic platformer game. Wonderful puzzles with platforms, dimensions and mazes.
    Enjoyable to play and sometimes the story scripts are really funny. No glitches so far. The game is both challenging and fun. I started this after playing the intense experience of BioShock Infinite. And so it is relaxing me and amusing me.
    I'm playing this as it came part of PS Plus subscription. But if you are a platform based games fan then this is a must game for you. It's amusing.
    If you got PS3 and Vita then you are gonna double enjoy this. On my way to work I play on vita. Then upload my progress to cloud. When back home, I download my progress continue then save and upload it again to continue the journey in the morning using vita :)
    This is a well deserved 9 out of 10.

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jun 10, 2013
    A vibrant, compact and ruthlessly difficult Metroidvania let down only slightly by its own (occasionally) insufferable self-awareness. [July 2013, p.81]
  2. May 21, 2013
    It plays like a dream, it's nice to look at, it can be funny as all get out and it just feels like the real deal, a complete experience just shy of masterpiece status.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 21, 2013
    Easily one of the best downloadable titles on the Vita. Grab it pronto. [June 2013, p80]