Guacamelee! PlayStation Vita

8.3

1. Aug 23, 2013
    This game is super fun at first but the platforming gets harder. In other words, I do not recommend this game for young children or people like myself with the reflexes of young children. It got to a point where I just had to stop playing because it requires you to have quick reflexes to advance at a certain point.
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    I can´t say i understand why this game has gotten so much positive publicity. Sure it´s a funny little platform´er, but that is really all it is! Guacamelee! is an example of a platform game done right, but here is no originality to make it stand out, like in other games like Braid or Limbo. My verdict is that Guacamelee! is a funny little platform game nothing more nothing less..
  3. Sep 7, 2015
    I realized what I liked about the Metroid games when playing this--the adventurous sci-fi world and its atmosphere, and you being alone in it to explore--two element which Guacamelee! lacks altogether.

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jun 10, 2013
    A vibrant, compact and ruthlessly difficult Metroidvania let down only slightly by its own (occasionally) insufferable self-awareness. [July 2013, p.81]
  2. May 21, 2013
    It plays like a dream, it's nice to look at, it can be funny as all get out and it just feels like the real deal, a complete experience just shy of masterpiece status.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 21, 2013
    Easily one of the best downloadable titles on the Vita. Grab it pronto. [June 2013, p80]