8.1

1. Mar 3, 2012
    I have mixed feelings about this incarnation of Everybody's Golf (The EU title of the game). I have both 1 & 2 on the PSP and I think I might've been expecting more from the Vita version than what appeared. The characters are more detailed and crisp, but the graphics for the courses don't really seem to take advantage of the Vita's graphical ability and still has a PSP feel aboutI have mixed feelings about this incarnation of Everybody's Golf (The EU title of the game). I have both 1 & 2 on the PSP and I think I might've been expecting more from the Vita version than what appeared. The characters are more detailed and crisp, but the graphics for the courses don't really seem to take advantage of the Vita's graphical ability and still has a PSP feel about them...............................The content itself is very good, with lots to unlock and play. In single player the game runs along smoothly and is everything you would expect from this franchise. However, the thorn in it's side is the online multiplayer. Sure, the leaderboards and daily competitions that you play on your own are fine, but the actual multiplayer part is extremely slow and laborious. Every player in the tourney gets a set amount of time to complete each hole, and that's fine, but the big problem is that pretty much all of the time everyone in the game has completed a hole in good time, and you are all left sitting waiting for the next hole to start for maybe up to 1 minute every time, which soon adds up. The game needs a Ready button, or a termination of the countdown once all players have finished the hole. 9 holes simply takes too long, and 18 holes is severely tedious, even for a 40+ year old fart like me. Still, I write this review just a week or two into its release, and with the vita being more "update and patch" friendly than the PSP was, I'm hoping it might improve over time. Expand
  2. Apr 9, 2013
    I wanted to like this game so much. I was a big fan of Hot Shots Golf: Fore! on the Playstation 2 and I was excited to play Hot Shots on the go. The game is fun up to a point, then quickly becomes extremely frustrating and challenging, with slight miscalculations leading to major failure. For a game that comes off looking like a casual game, the difficulty does not ramp up nicely andI wanted to like this game so much. I was a big fan of Hot Shots Golf: Fore! on the Playstation 2 and I was excited to play Hot Shots on the go. The game is fun up to a point, then quickly becomes extremely frustrating and challenging, with slight miscalculations leading to major failure. For a game that comes off looking like a casual game, the difficulty does not ramp up nicely and prevents me from wanting to play the game any more. While I did enjoy being challenged, losing against the same character several times in a row has caused me to give up on the game. Expand
  3. May 27, 2012
    The game looks great, character models are expressive and detailed.
    The courses are buzzing with activity from chooks to crop harvesters to wind farms, but this can make the courses feel cluttered and quite difficult to get around (who puts a three storey bail of hay on a golf course?).
    The game looks great, character models are expressive and detailed.
    The game doesnt really have a "career mode", but it does have a series of tournaments and one on one challenges that can be played with the stock characters.
    Unfortunately the difficulty eventually swings way up after a few hours of play and becomes almost impossible to advance without a lot of brute force attempts or a strong dedication to getting better at the game.
    This changes the feel of the game from something that was addictive and fun to something frustrating and non-inclusive.
    The easy mode that becomes available after you lose a bunch of times can hold back opponent scores while on the course, but that didnt seem to make any difference at all.

Applying spin to the ball is fidly and not as fun as the Tiger Woods way of just tapping the x button and pointing the analog stick in the direction you want it to go.
    The inability to create your own character and level up his stats is unfortunate.

What could have been a truly perfect golf game is soured mostly by its uncompromising difficulty curve.
    A beginner option for the inexperienced who just want to see the game and all of its courses and higher difficulty settings for those who want more of a challenge would have been warmly welcomed.
    Dark souls golf isnt much fun.
  4. Apr 16, 2013
    The game is just too difficult to progress. This is the big problem that prevents me from continuing to play. I'd like to play longer, but I'm stuck! I start all the time and nothing. I'm bad!

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Apr 17, 2012
    An entertaining fantasy golf with quite realistic ball physics. [Apr 2012]
  2. Mar 30, 2012
    World Invitational is classic Hot Shots through and through, which is both good and bad. The game is a blast and has plenty of content to keep fans occupied for a long, long time but ultimately it doesn't do anything to further the series or draw new fans to the experience.
  3. Mar 19, 2012
    The best aspect of Everybody's Golf for the PS Vita is that you can pick up the console and play the game anytime and anywhere without too much thought. The gameplay is pretty much flawless and some of the PS Vita controls are actually quite fun. It's also quite an addictive title that makes this such a hard game to put down as you're always striving for that perfect score. Add in online multiplayer and you'll be playing Everybody's Golf on the PS Vita for a considerable amount of time.