6.1

1. Jun 21, 2013
    It is not fair to say Vita is not capable of running Jak And Dexter What you will notice across all the three games at first will be the horrible frame rate, now... we had games such as MGS 3 Uncharted MW GR and so on with much better graphics run on a very stable frame rate.
    Conclusion is that unfortunately developers have rushed on this port and it has turned something lazy. The game is obviously not optimized very well on vita therefore we are seeing the huge frame rate drops. I can tell you that the frame rate is smt between 20 to 30
    . All the three games are in one cartridge, which leads to see textures have been simplified too much sometimes. in general graphics are turned down compare to PS3 so much. We had HD collections such as MGS 3 and MGS 2 in which the graphics were on par with console version and it was running very good. I do hope that developers address the issues as fast as possible to fix the problems, becuz the more you play this collection the more you realized it is kind of unplayable this game needs to have consistent frame rate.
    aside of all, Jak and Dexter consist one of the best series ever produced on PS2, its 3 legendary game with charming characters, nice open world gameplay, attractive story and beautiful settings. The gameplay feels a little bit ancient due to its old nature but it is still worth playing if you never have tried Jak or want to re alive your memories.
    Finally, I do hope GOW HD will not have Frame rate issues and I really like to see a patch for this game.
  2. Jun 23, 2013
    Bullogna Score: 7.5/10! Good.

Bullogna Score: 7.5/10! Good.

After seeing a certain behind-the-scenes video, uploaded to YouTube last year by PlayStation themselves, I was instantly inspired by a series of mascot platformer-shooters that I went out and bought a PlayStation 3. What I wanted, though, was to play this collection on the go. After over a year of Google searching the terms: Jak and Daxter Collection PS Vita, Sony has finally delivered. The collection is precisely the exact high-definition port we received last year on the PS3, although with some technical hiccups that Mass Media Inc., the team who did the porting of the games, apparently couldn’t avoid.

The menu screen seems to use completely redesigned character models which look as if they belong on the next-generation PlayStation 4, interestingly enough. The new character models are fluidly animated on the Vita’s OLED screen at an extremely consistent frame rate. But as players proceed past the two menus, which each game in the collection consists of, one begins to question the effort that went into the port into portability. The first aspect of the game I noticed that seemed a little off to me was the ability to toggle vibration options while vibration isn’t even present in the PS Vita. Secondly, the frame rate in the actual games is much worse than that featured in the PS3 version. Mass Media Inc. simply didn’t take their time in the making of this port. It’s a bad port of a collection of stunning games, featuring one of the most compatible video game duos of all time. So long as you don’t need portability, I’d recommend purchasing the PS3 version over the Vita, although I believe European players have the option of cross-buy, in which both versions of the game are available for the price of one.

Pros

+Sexy menu screen

+Beautifully colored worlds are ideal for PlayStation Vita

+Graphics are relatively the same as PS3

Cons

-Bad frame rate

-Vibration options?

-Mass Media obviously didn’t have enough time to port this collection.
  3. Jun 27, 2013
    I can't believe that the same people that made the excellent port for PS3 also worked on the Vita version. What the hell happened?! Were they pressured into releasing beta code too early before optimization was completed? Porting ps3 code to vita is supposed to be fairly easy so this can only mean that it wasn't ready. I love my Vita and I want so badly for it to shine, but rushingI can't believe that the same people that made the excellent port for PS3 also worked on the Vita version. What the hell happened?! Were they pressured into releasing beta code too early before optimization was completed? Porting ps3 code to vita is supposed to be fairly easy so this can only mean that it wasn't ready. I love my Vita and I want so badly for it to shine, but rushing software to market is not the solution!! The game is almost unplayable because of very low frame rate. The camera does this strange horizontal shaking constantly, even while idle. I experienced several hard crashes while playing. Even the game select menu is buggy with art form the other games tearing off layers that stick to each other! What a buggy mess!! I really hope that a patch will be released to address the frame rate and buggy camera. If a patch is released I will update my review with a solid 10! Expand
  4. Jun 23, 2013
    I love Jak & Daxter but I gotta be honest with this one.
    I am very disappointed with the work they have done in the vita.
    The frame rate is really bad making the experience way worst than it is in the PS3 or even in the PS2. Is sad because I've been waiting for this trilogy on vita since it was announced but now it feels unplayable. I'll be waiting for a patch. Either way I'll end
    I love Jak & Daxter but I gotta be honest with this one.
    I am very disappointed with the work they have done in the vita.
    I'll be waiting for a patch. Either way I'll end selling the game.
  5. Apr 19, 2014
    A slightly weak port with framerate issues but its still a great collection of games. For me Jak 1 is the best of the lot and its my first 98% on trophies, really great little game that holds up well. However expect occasional framerate issues at times and the controls get a litlle fiddly which can be frustrating but I wouldn't let that put you off, the games were some of the best of theirA slightly weak port with framerate issues but its still a great collection of games. For me Jak 1 is the best of the lot and its my first 98% on trophies, really great little game that holds up well. However expect occasional framerate issues at times and the controls get a litlle fiddly which can be frustrating but I wouldn't let that put you off, the games were some of the best of their generation so apply patience and you'll have a lot of fun! Expand
  6. Jan 8, 2014
    The game itself is worth all your money, but the problem is that it was poorly optimised for the PS Vita. There are so many framerate problems present throughout the whole trilogy. There are also glitches and bugs not present in the PS2 or PS3 versions of the games.

If you have a PS3, I would recommend getting the trilogy on that instead, but if you only have a PS Vita then get the trilogy because it's a bang for your buck with nostalgia written all over it.
  7. May 9, 2015
    As this is on a system that can run bigger and better games let alone the slew of other collections on the vita this is a bit of a let down and feels like a crash grab, if mass media had done the port right it would be my most played game but... they rushed the port and spent too much time developing "touch" controls which are nice and sometimes necessary for mini games that requireAs this is on a system that can run bigger and better games let alone the slew of other collections on the vita this is a bit of a let down and feels like a crash grab, if mass media had done the port right it would be my most played game but... they rushed the port and spent too much time developing "touch" controls which are nice and sometimes necessary for mini games that require greater precision than the vitas physical controls can do. One should be warned though frame rate seems to fluctuate between regions (I'm in the PAL region). Here is a rundown of the ports
    Jak 1: Frame rate is pretty bad at the start but improves when you leave the first hub world.

Jak 2: frame rate fluctuates but in the main city Jak can use vehicles without much choppiness (but not on foot????) and some effects seem hard to see I.e gun shots.

Jak 3: see Jak 2

there is one glitch that plagues all three ports though. Jak will often try to grab a ledge but will "slip" off if that makes sense. I have gotten all the trophies in all the games proving the trilogy is playable just not pleasant per say. I would approach this one with caution or just buy the first one separately on psn and leave it at that as, after research that one seems to be the most consistently playable across all regions.

1. We can’t help but feel as though this port was booted out of the door without so much as a kiss goodbye. Case in point: you still have the option to toggle ‘vibration’ on and off in the settings menu. Come on, guys... really? The Jak and Daxter Collection should be played by anybody who hasn’t already. But our advice: skip past this port and go for the home console version instead. [September 2013, p74]
  2. Aug 9, 2013
    The sad truth is that while the trilogy is more than playable on the Vita this collection is not the definitive version, and if you have the choice and the inclination you would be far better off playing these on the PS3.
  3. Jul 28, 2013
    The Jak and Daxter Collection’s three games are excellent, but if you have the ability to play them on the PS3 (or hell, even the PS2), then that's the way to go.