7.9

1. Jul 7, 2014
    I don't actually think that this game deserves a 0 out of ten, but I'm giving it that because the people who hated this game aren't represented properly in the reviews.
    The puzzles in this game are incredibly obnoxious. There are obstacles that you aren't able to see until they end up killing you. This is the main problem I have with the game. It's not that you die because of a mistake you made. You die because the game doesn't allow you to tell that you're mere inches away from death in the path you're going, and you have to go that way. A perfect example are the bear traps. There are several times where you can't even see them, and they just spring out of the ground and kill you. Then there are brain slugs. The brain slugs don't actually make the game more difficult. They just are randomly placed in location that you have to go through. They make you switch directions, which usually means that you have to waste 30 seconds to a minute of your time back tracking in order for you to switch directions so you can go the way that you wanted to. This is my experience with every single one of them. The brain slug obstacles killed me maybe one time. But then when you get passed that annoying crap, you have to avoid an unseeable objecct that will inevitably kill you, and you have to do the same thing again. Rinse and repeat til the next checkpoint. That's the entire game. Grinding through unseeable or unavoidable obstacles that kill you through no fault of your own. 90% of the deaths in that game felt futile, and as if I didn't deserve it. I can live with a game killing me every once in a while for stupid reason, but it's obnoxious when that's what a game is based around. This game is a memory game where you have to memorize every wrong step that kills you, so you don't accidentally fall down a bit that the game decided not to tell you about. I rank this game as one of the 5 worst games I've ever played, and I've played through ride to hell and duke nukem forever.

1. Aug 5, 2013
    Limbo is an instant classic regardless of the platform you choose. The vita version in particular suits the portable aspect of the system well and it looks and plays amazing on the gorgeous OLED screen. Do yourself a favor and pick it up and don’t forget to bring along a good pair of headphones.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    Limbo always has been a special game and that certainly hasn’t changed in the years since its release. The main issue facing the Vita version is that many gamers may well have experienced it already. The lack of any new additions to draw people in may also be a problem.
  3. Jun 17, 2013
    So I'll say this: if you haven't played it, then already grab it immediately, since it's easily one of the Top 10 Vita games, and it has a pretty strong argument as one of the Top 5. (The same goes for people who already have the game for PS3, since it's a Cross-Buy title). And if you have played it? Well, it can't hurt to play it again, and to remind yourself of why it's such an outstanding title.