LittleBigPlanet PS Vita PlayStation Vita

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Sep 18, 2012
8.6

1. Nov 25, 2012
    The single player campaign is great fun, really well done with a lot of polish. With that charming, if not a little too-hand-holding LBP style, I'm pretty convinced that this is one of the best single-player experiences that the Playstation Vita has to offer. The game is chock full of content, providing a meaty single-player campaign full of goodies and collectables, even a separateThe single player campaign is great fun, really well done with a lot of polish. With that charming, if not a little too-hand-holding LBP style, I'm pretty convinced that this is one of the best single-player experiences that the Playstation Vita has to offer. The game is chock full of content, providing a meaty single-player campaign full of goodies and collectables, even a separate arcade mode with games that you'd pay $2.99 for in the iTunes Store or Google Play store. The game uses all of the Vita's features to boot, too. And with the creation suite? You could be playing this game well into 2014.

That's where the good stuff ends. The multiplayer mode, a highly touted feature of LBPV, is just broken. My Vita connects to my network no problem. It connects online no problem - I can download full games from the Playstation Store faster than I can set up a multiplayer game in LBPV. And at least after downloading a full game, I can play it - not so with this game. In my time owning it, I haven't been able to connect once to another player, whether it's someone across the country or someone across the room. Marketing for the game (and the game itself) touts the ability to share and download new levels and the like - and to play multiplayer with friends. All of these are pretty much impossible with the current state of the online.
  2. Oct 18, 2012
    It's little big planet for the vita. It plays like LBP1 or LBP2 for the PS3, and it probably plays like LBP for the PSP. It is pretty easy to beat the single player campaign. Designing levels (creating) is still a difficult and time consuming task. Playing online can be a challenge and I have solid WiFi at my house. About half the time I can't connect or get booted from a game, not toIt's little big planet for the vita. It plays like LBP1 or LBP2 for the PS3, and it probably plays like LBP for the PSP. It is pretty easy to beat the single player campaign. Designing levels (creating) is still a difficult and time consuming task. Playing online can be a challenge and I have solid WiFi at my house. About half the time I can't connect or get booted from a game, not to mention the controls, which have never been a strength, are even more buggy when playing online due to glitching or delays due to the internet connection. I do like LBPVita, it just seems like I have done all of this stuff before. I find myself wanting to put this game up and go back to Disgaea or Rayman or Metal Gear Solid instead, so I can't give it a much higher review. If I had never played LBP games in the past or if I was younger and enjoyed platforming games more, I am sure my score would be a little higher. Expand
  3. Jan 8, 2017
    There is currently no way to delete a review, so I need to add this text to replace the review. Please downvote so that this review becomes buried. Thanks.
  4. Aug 22, 2013
    While this is a fantastic game, but it's not the definitive version of LittleBigPlanet like reviewers have said about it. While the story is greatly improved, the create mode has slightly suffered in comparison to the home-console games. The new tools are good and all but I feel like there is a lack of materials in comparison to the PS3 versions, although this will probably be different asWhile this is a fantastic game, but it's not the definitive version of LittleBigPlanet like reviewers have said about it. While the story is greatly improved, the create mode has slightly suffered in comparison to the home-console games. The new tools are good and all but I feel like there is a lack of materials in comparison to the PS3 versions, although this will probably be different as more level pack dlc is released for the vita version as we have currently already seen with the Marvel Arcade pack. There's also something I can't explain about it, it's just not as fun as LittleBigPlanet 2 on the Playstation 3. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 15, 2012
    This little platformer is by far one of the best Vita releases yet. The game uses the whole shebang of Vita's controls and the touch screen makes the level editor super easy to use. Unfortunately the levels made for PS3 are not compatible and the controls are still a tad too clunky for my taste. [Nov 2012]
  2. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe the biggest revolution is the Memorizer, a feature that allows you to store and save data in your home made levels. In short it means that you can potentially create your own RPGs, complete with statistics and items. [November 2012, p.78]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Splendid and playful platformer you will switch on to play for just five minutes – only to find out that you've spent a couple of hours unable to quit. [Oct 2012]