Metal Gear Solid HD Collection PlayStation Vita

8.4

1. Jun 12, 2012
    Love Metal Gear, I always dreamed of playing it on a hand-held when I first bought the game. But Konami has such serious flaws with such a great game. First of all, why aren't the subsistence features added on? You know, stuff like Secret theater, VR Training, Boss Rush, Snake Vs. Monkey, Metal Gear Skateboarding, Did I mention Boss rush? So much taken away, FOR NO GOOD REASON. Why didLove Metal Gear, I always dreamed of playing it on a hand-held when I first bought the game. But Konami has such serious flaws with such a great game. First of all, why aren't the subsistence features added on? You know, stuff like Secret theater, VR Training, Boss Rush, Snake Vs. Monkey, Metal Gear Skateboarding, Did I mention Boss rush? So much taken away, FOR NO GOOD REASON. Why did they take that out? Another thing is that Konami had to be greedy jerks and NOT leave in Metal Gear Peace Walker. This whole Transferring thing is a complete gimmick, I think people are patient enough to wait before playing this game on the ps3. You might as well just buy the originals, after all those had much more features than this game. This game is only good if you are new to the whole franchise in which I say, you are better off just buying the subsistence versions and getting peace walker for your psp because if you don't, you won't be truly enveloped in the Metal gear experience. I'd like to say that the metal gear and metal gear II add-ons were nice however, but these guys had a chance to go above and beyond and didn't take it. Expand
  2. Dec 2, 2012
    Meh. The games included are okay, but I'm baffled as to why they didn't include Peace Walker, which is arguably one of the best handhelds of all time. And it started as a handheld, so there would be nothing to port. Oh well.

1. Feb 11, 2015
    The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is an absolute wonderful port that in someways is better than its PS3 brother. With stunning graphics and the great touch controls, it's almost perfect. Despite Peace Walker not being included, it would be a shame if this game wasn't in every Vita owners collection.
  2. Aug 11, 2012
    If you've never played any of these two games and have a PS Vita, then this collection is almost obligatory.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Aug 8, 2012
    If you haven't played these before, the console release is for you. For super fans, the Vita version is still highly enjoyable. [Sept 2012, p.75]