6.3

1. Mar 4, 2012
    I like the extra features that are not featured in the PS3 version but the PS3 version is still better. Never the less I still enjoy playing it. For a handheld this game is pretty good. I do recommend it more for casual gamers.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    Great game. I really couldn't care less that the online play isn't here, as I didn't pick it up expecting it. Sure it would be nice but I don't buy games expecting it unless its an mmo. The game is fun, and lets us customize carts and tracks, which is fantastic. Graphics are pretty good, especially for a launch title. Pick it up for some fun on the go, without requiring large investments of time.
  3. Mar 19, 2012
    This game is fun, the graphics are there, the soundtrack is fun, and the customizable features are super addictive. I've downloaded perfect mods of sonic, Mario, commander Shepard, and spider man! Now all we need is an online feature. This is my first MNR game, if it had an online feature I would never leave my house.
  4. Apr 30, 2012
    For all the hype surrounding a new console, with promises of brilliant games that utilise the system provocatively, there are always those pumped releases that may undoubtable get the attention they were always bound to get- but don't so much deserve that attention. Modnation falls into that camp perfectly. For all its good, including a thoughtful representation of the console hit and theFor all the hype surrounding a new console, with promises of brilliant games that utilise the system provocatively, there are always those pumped releases that may undoubtable get the attention they were always bound to get- but don't so much deserve that attention. Modnation falls into that camp perfectly. For all its good, including a thoughtful representation of the console hit and the engaging level editor touch controls. There are many instances where Modnation fails to live up to the pressure of being SONY's answer to Mario Kart. For one there is an inexcusable lack of multiplayer options. This wouldn't be a big gripe normally, but Modnation is about sharing creations online to create a thriving community and this aspect is absent here. The performance is another issue. There is usually a lot going on, which clutters up the screen with chaos, and the game is prone to massive framerate drops which can get choppy on visually filled levels. Also the racing game plague that is rubber banding is atrocious in Modnation. You are never clear from danger in Modnation, which is normal under the weapon based gameplay. But the rubber banding makes the AI extremely cheap, and the game becomes less fun because of it. So in all, still a decent kart racer with good adherence to the PS3 game, but the technical troubles are too numerous for a thorough reccomendation. Collapse

1. Apr 28, 2012
    ModNation Racers is nothing to write home about, and is best compared to standing still in traffic during rush hour. You'll stand still, pull up slightly, hit the brakes, and stand still again. Not even beautiful scenery will rectify this road trip.
  2. Apr 17, 2012
    Misses the point completely with the anemic multiplayer options. [Apr 2012]
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    It's still fun, but there are big handfulls of frustration thrown in too. [May 2012, p.79]