7.6

1. Apr 8, 2013
    made an account just for this unjustifiably overrated racer. i don't always buy ea games and when i do around 1/500 time of all game purchases,i immediately regret it.
    the draw distance is extremely low and the control is not as responsive as a driving game should be. perhaps someone rated the wrong port, maybe we should all check again.
  2. May 27, 2013
    for every good, there's a bad. I've not made the comparison against console versions but i'm pretty sure the Vita version is a rather lazy port. the clue I think, is in the tiny text and buttons. but the main problem is the game just isnt very well optimised for the vita. a lot of people have mentioned that the car handling/steering response suck and I agree completely.
    This alone makes
    This alone makes the game twice as difficult compared to (assuming) the console version running at 60fps.

bottomline- great game that fails as a Vita port. get the console version.
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    First of all I am an over 40 gamer and I admit, I am not the best at games anymore. I don't have tons of time to invest on getting used to game mechanics and such. However, I play enough games that I know when something isn't quite right and this game fits that category. If you are a gamer in my demographic, then expect to do a lot of : start race, make 1 small mistake, have no chance ofFirst of all I am an over 40 gamer and I admit, I am not the best at games anymore. I don't have tons of time to invest on getting used to game mechanics and such. However, I play enough games that I know when something isn't quite right and this game fits that category. If you are a gamer in my demographic, then expect to do a lot of : start race, make 1 small mistake, have no chance of winning, press start -> retry race...rinse and repeat. I really want to like this game and I kind of do. The music is great. The city is great. The sense of speed is great. However, it is simply frustrating to play. It reminds me a lot of midnight club...super fun game...super frustrating game. So here are the problems with this game: 1. The controls are flawed. The cars steer like the roads are made of ice. 2. The graphics are great/horrible. In some ways they look great, but when you are traveling at 120 miles an hour all the textures look pixelated and it is really hard to see where upcoming obstacles start and stop. 3. If you make 1 mistake, just restart the race. You have little chance of winning. 4. I know it's an open world game, but please give me the option to just jump into a race. Driving to it is lame. 5. Sometimes the cops are fun, but other times they are just plain annoying. 6. You have to win mods for all the cars you find. I'm not sure who decided that winning nitrous and other mods for each car you find is fun. It isn't. Furthermore, there are only a handful of custom option available for each car.

Don't get me wrong, this game is fun sometimes, but it will not be a stress reliever. So if you play games to get rid of stress. Look elsewhere.
  4. Dec 20, 2012
    In response to what drdan said about not being able to hop right into a race, you can. When easydrive appears in the upper left corner, press the right directional button and all available races appear.
  5. Jan 27, 2013
    Based on the reviews (both user and critic) I'd been reading on metacritic for this game, I decided to go out and buy it. I'll get straight to the point and say that this game is not a perfect 10 by any means. I was expected to be blown away but in all honesty, I wasn't. The main bad points of the game are the inconsistent quality graphics (Sometimes excellent sometimes poor) and theBased on the reviews (both user and critic) I'd been reading on metacritic for this game, I decided to go out and buy it. I'll get straight to the point and say that this game is not a perfect 10 by any means. I was expected to be blown away but in all honesty, I wasn't. The main bad points of the game are the inconsistent quality graphics (Sometimes excellent sometimes poor) and the handling of he cars themselves. During some of the more frantic moments, the framerate takes a hit as does the sound (stopping and starting, so annoying). Some people might say "what are you expecting from a handheld", go take a look at wipeout 2048 then you will realise the kind of graphics that can be achieved on a handheld. That said the sound of the cars and the music of the game is pretty good, and probably most importantly the gameplay is good as well. Its fun and enjoyable even if a little frustrating at times. So, it's my no means a 10 as it has it's flaws, but it's still a pretty good racer which will keep you occupied for a while. It's just not as amazing as everyone is making out. A solid 7 from me. Expand
  6. Apr 12, 2013
    This is one of the most rage inducing game I ever played, while the Vita version is on a such of small scale, the AI has major advantage over the player, I acknowledged the fact that spike strip does not affect AI cars, it is so irritating knowing that many were saying there are not enough civilian cars, and knowing that 70 percent of me failing is because of them, it just doesn't makeThis is one of the most rage inducing game I ever played, while the Vita version is on a such of small scale, the AI has major advantage over the player, I acknowledged the fact that spike strip does not affect AI cars, it is so irritating knowing that many were saying there are not enough civilian cars, and knowing that 70 percent of me failing is because of them, it just doesn't make sense, as I was feeling that the game just purposely spawn a civilian car ahead of me when I am doing good, to complete wipe me off the lead, the other 30 percent is maybe the cars, how I feel as if I was steering a rocket, a very irritating but thrilling exciting experience, if there's a top racing game on Vita, it's NFS Most Wanted. Expand
  7. Jun 28, 2013
    The newest of Need for Speed ​​brings us something that really impresses us, is that it takes elements of Burnout, which is considered very old, since it is very classic Burnout, which causes that bore you play if already have you ever played Burnout. Apart from that there is great variety in the cars, and are the best known, and you are not surprised to see one. But it has good qualityThe newest of Need for Speed ​​brings us something that really impresses us, is that it takes elements of Burnout, which is considered very old, since it is very classic Burnout, which causes that bore you play if already have you ever played Burnout. Apart from that there is great variety in the cars, and are the best known, and you are not surprised to see one. But it has good quality graphics and sound, this is the exception Collapse
  8. Nov 3, 2012
    I have been waiting for this game to hit the Vita; I am a criterion fan, specially their Hot pursuit game. However, playing this game on the vita, felt so flimsy being a just a port without taking the time to understand or adjust it to operate on a handheld device.
    It feels that they spent too much time on the features and not enough on the actual driving experience and mechanics.
    The

The fonts are way to small, the driving engine is not half good as the hot pursuit one.

I yet to play it on my PC & PS3. Bottom line i am dissapointed.
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    Need For Speed Most Wanted stands out for it's outstanding graphics content and handling. But the city all the races take place in just feel so lifeless and generic. Did i mention almost every track looks the same? Not to mention the abuse of IAPs
  10. Nov 13, 2012
    On one hand, bringing the full scale Most Wanted with all the same content as PC/360/PS3 to the Vita is remarkable achievement. On the other hand the actual driving experience can get quite frustrating - the open world aspect of the game with so many obstacles you can crash into works great on big PC/TV screen but on the Vita everything is so small that lot of the time it's much harder toOn one hand, bringing the full scale Most Wanted with all the same content as PC/360/PS3 to the Vita is remarkable achievement. On the other hand the actual driving experience can get quite frustrating - the open world aspect of the game with so many obstacles you can crash into works great on big PC/TV screen but on the Vita everything is so small that lot of the time it's much harder to figure out where to drive and how not to crash all the time. It is a great game but I am still waiting for a killer racing game on the platform - unfortunately NFS MW isn't it. Expand
  11. Dec 28, 2014
    NFS has always been the best racing series, I played first 5 titles, 3 - Hot Pursuit being arguably the best, then I kinda lost interest, but when Most Wanted has appeared for free on Vita as a part of 20th Playstation Anniversary, I checked it out and I'm glad it's still holding it's quality pretty firmly. I like the open world city that is at your disposal as a playground with lots ofNFS has always been the best racing series, I played first 5 titles, 3 - Hot Pursuit being arguably the best, then I kinda lost interest, but when Most Wanted has appeared for free on Vita as a part of 20th Playstation Anniversary, I checked it out and I'm glad it's still holding it's quality pretty firmly. I like the open world city that is at your disposal as a playground with lots of nice cars parked everywhere, just for you to take them for a ride on one of the prepared races, or just on a riding spree and evading cops. If I compare this to the competition that I played in recent years, Forza Horizon on Xbox is visualy nice, but always felt quite bland and boring to me and recently I played through Grid 2 which was nice, but incredibly generic and average, cars without personality, tracks without atmosphere. Not sure what is that special flavour that NFS series adds the others not, but I liked the cars here and I liked the open world city to race in, that's all you can ask for in a racing game. The Vita version has been watered down on a visual side obviously , but it's still ok looking and it's smooth, so it's all good. If there is something I must critique, it's that incredibly annoying crash replay that you cannot even turn off, whoever stands behind this game design decision needs slap in the face. Also, soundtrack was mostly annoying and I had to turn it off quite soon, listening to something better is definitely recommended. 7/10 Expand
  12. Jun 28, 2013

1. Jan 21, 2013
    The new Most Wanted is no real "Most Wanted": It's an adventurous trip into the wide area of open world games without any string of story. For a quick drive the game is fun, but for a longer stay in Fairhaven it's missing a story and some guidance (apart from ongoing online matchmaking arenas).
  2. Dec 7, 2012
    It really is a well-realized effort and serves a suitable replacement to the home experience. I'd highly suggest checking it out; it's certainly high on my list of Vita games that are worth owning.
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    Many features are toned down in the Vita version, graphics, traffic and online functions for example. But that doesn't mean that the rest of the game is not good - in fact it's great. Especially due to the fact that it's designed around the portable format.