• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Nov 20, 2012
9.2

1. Nov 20, 2012
    A perfect recreation of an all time classic, with amazing extra features this is something you don't want too miss, defs the reason to own a vita for those yet to pick one up.
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    The Persona franchise after 3 has seen re-release after re-release. First it was P3, then P3:FES, then P3P, then P4, now P4G. Every time they release a new one, they become that much closer to perfecting their gameplay formula.

P4 is one of the greatest games of all time, with an incredible story and polish. The Golden improves on this formula once again, by adding a large amount of
    content, improving the visuals, and slapping it on the vita. If you have a vita, buy this game. Atlus is the best publisher/developer, and they deserve every penny and high metacritic score they receive. Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Least-hyped of the holiday season Vita releases, Persona 4 Golden is by far the best game available for the system. Atlus has refined their formula to a razor-sharp perfection, and calling it a Director's Cut would only short-change the work that has gone into this 2008 PS2 game. The changes aren't just cosmetic either; fundamental inclusions have been made (Rise assists in combat, the shuffle system is more in-depth, new events, social link, and areas, scooters!).

The game does start slowly, with a couple hours of setting and plot establishment before the first gameplay kicks in. After that, nothing gets old, and the battery often ran out before I was finished with a session. If you own a Vita, you need to buy this game. If you don't own a Vita, Persona 4 Golden makes a (possibly the first) compelling case as it is also easily the best RPG of the season, and a serious contender for best JRPG in existence.
  4. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is amazing. I am thinking about quitting my job to play full time. I have never played any of the Persona games, I guess I am an idiot. The story is great, the graphics are gorgeous on the Vita, and the voice acting is pretty well done. The game is so detailed and there is so much to do that I almost need to make a calendar to keep track of all that is going on each day of the week. If you have a Vita and enjoy RPGs you need to get this....NOW! Expand
  5. Jun 29, 2013
    Its a huge STEP UP! after playing persona 3 portable. Its also the deepest series in a franchise I ever played. I hope new fans of the franchise will stick to Atlus and see what news they have to offer.
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    Persona 4 Golden ! golden .... really gold, you can name it , best vita game ever. Vita was lacking RPG games, unfortunately Ragnarok Odysee was quiet disappointing and only game was to pick up so far was Disgaea 3. Well the w8t is over, Persona 4 is released in English. Persona 4 is not the usually RPG game. The gameplay mechanism is divided between a Classic RPG game and life simulation where you meet people and you go through your daily life just like a high school student. Compare to PS2 version there are tones of new exteras here, hours and hours of new story, new locations to explore and hang out and many other things that I do not want to spoil for the fans. The gameplay is really addicting and even after few years still it feels fresh and innovating, Graphics are however a bit date but overall the color scheme is beautiful and the boosted graphics are good enough for the vita screen not perfect. Persona gives you about 100 hours of gameplay and it worth every single penny u spend on this game. The game has console like production values and its no difference with a console game. Its shame to see the game is not available to be released on other regions untill 2013 but u can import it. no online pass ! I have to say Atlus has done an excellent job and if u ask me .... this is the best game ever published for vita. highly recommended for every vita lover n Persona series fan :) Expand
  7. Jan 18, 2013
    This is the best RPG i have played in a very long time. If you do not play this you are truly missing out, this game brings RPG's back to old school turn based fighting system while incorporating decision making to influence the story much like in Dragons age or The Elder scrolls Games. It is sure to quickly make its way into your heart as one of the best games you ever play with its dark story telling and adult situations. I give this game a 9.8 out of 10. :) Expand
  8. Tay
    Nov 20, 2012
    It's never helpful when people recklessly rate a game a perfect 10/10. My score (10) comes after playing many hours and being consistently amazed by the depth of gameplay, the unique and fun content new for the Vita system, the AMAZING visuals, and care put into the game.

The Persona games may not be right for everybody, but as for me: P4G is the best RPG I've played in the last 12
    months. It's an AMAZING game and worth every point I gave it. Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is EXACTLY what the vita needs right now. A great game that actually gives vita owners what they paid for. Everything about this game is PERFECTION!
  10. Nov 21, 2012
    I never really got the chance to play the original of Persona 4 for the PS2. I have however played Persona 3 FES for the PS2, as well as bought P3P for my Vita on the PS Store. I loved Persona 3 everything from the cast of characters, to the upbeat but lovable music. Persona 3 had a very lovable and unique quality that made it stand out among the JRPG lineup on the ps2. Once I heard that Persona 4 was coming to the Vita, It was like a godsend. There's a slew of new content on this remastered game. Persona 4 takes everything that you loved about the previous game and improved even further so. The graphics are now top notch, and it proves to be one of the best games the Vita has to offer. This game is nothing less than perfect for JRPG fans, a godsend if you will for those of us who have been waiting for a JRPG to hit our Vita's. We can only hope to see more of the genre hit our favorite handheld in the near future. Expand
  11. Dec 31, 2012
    To start, I HATE turn-based RPGs... especially JRPGs. I tried... I really tried to get into the Final Fantasy series but failed. The turn based system really drives me nuts. That being said, I own a PS Vita and realized quickly that it was a paper weight due to the lack of good titles on the Vita (Major prayers for 2013). Due to all of the reviews for this game I cracked down and bought it, and I can't believe I dished out 40 bones for a JRPG... actually, I take that back, I can now believe it. I am only 4 hours into this game, and yes the intro was 2 hours long, but I have to say, I am completely hooked. I am a below casual gamer, meaning, I play maybe twice a month, and I am bringing my Vita to work just to play this on my lunch. Yes, I am 34 years old and taking a PS Vita to work. I don't care. This story is addicting and the gameplay is actually really innovative (Can I say that for a game that was made years ago?). Buy it, get through the intro. Just expect a 2 hour intro when you buy it and you will like it. Just know the intro is necessary for the game. LOVE IT! Expand
  12. Feb 27, 2013
    I took me a while to realize this, but I have come to the conclusion that this is my favourite game of all time. I try not to say that without thinking it through but there is so much love put into this title it hurts. You can play it for hours so immersed you will forget there was ever a world to go back to. Everything screams story, gameplay, art, perfection. It's golden. I know it is hard throwing down 200+ dollars on a Persona machine, but now after playing the game twice with 70 something hours. for me it makes sense. I really want you random guy/girl reading this to get this game it deserves to be played. Expand
  13. Jan 25, 2013
    If I could give it an 11 out of 10 I would. I rarely beat games that have more than 50 hours of game play, I beat this one twice totaling 150 hours. The story was fun, the game play was well done (I did play it one step above "normal though") and the choices you make actually did matter.
  14. Nov 22, 2012
    I have been a big Persona fan since the first 2 installments was released on Playstation1 many years ago, and even though I liked the uniqe dungeon qrawel elements in the originals featured I really enjoyed the new sim and persona elements of number 3 and 4 when they were released. I have played them alot, and would honestly prefer it if Atlus focused on making Persona 5 instead of so many remakes. Its a damn great nonthereless, whom all should play, if they are a fan of JRPG style games! Expand
  15. Nov 23, 2012
    I honestly can say that Persona 4 has to be of the greatest RPGS ever made if not the one of the best games ever created.... With that being said I would have to put this up with any final fantasy ever made including FINAL FANTASY 7. So yeah I definitely think you should buy this game if you haven't already.
  16. Nov 25, 2012
    Persona 4 Golden is an incredible game! Amazing visuals and story make this a difficult game to put down. Not to mention, the music is very catchy and fits the overall feel of the game perfectly.
  17. Apr 15, 2013
    I brought this game after going to the store for no ni kuni and coming to the conclusion that it was sold out. I never played a persona game before, but i read some positive reviews about Persona 4 golden and was in the mood for a good JRPG. Now we are 3 weeks further and it's finished. I've spend nearly 85 hours on my first playtrough, and it was worth every second. Persona really sucked me up in his world. Never did i care more about game characters. I almost felt like a teen again, One of the best things about this game is the feeling that everything you do really ads to your character. the social-sim part of the game is great. You can interact with lot's of people in the game and you can develop several social links, deeper relations with other characters. Most of them are quite interesting and add to the main story.

The dungeon's in the game are beautifull and various. The batlle system is just deep enough to stay interesting. Getting better persona by fusing them is really great. The story makes that you want to go further. the game has a cool style, after some hours you will defenetly fall in love. Cutscenes are stunning and give you the feeling that you have accomplished something.

Playing this on the vita really changed my relationship with the console I brought it at launch, and i was already quite happy with the titles that appeared on it. This game only made the bound much stronger, for three weeks it was my closest companion (to despair of my girlfriend)

For me this game is one love letter to gaming in general. It made me feel great, sometimes sad, other times messed up. It made me love Japanese games again. Directly after finishing this i brought persona 3. For a guy with the bad habbit of not finishing his RPG's because there's always something else to play, I think this proves how good this game was for me. And now let's pray for Persona 5 also coming out on the vita (i wouldn't want to miss the pause function for the dungeon segments).
  18. Nov 20, 2012
    I just started playing this game today and it is amazing! The style is so entertaining, the story is great and the music is some of the best music ever in any game. It is a must play!
  19. Nov 24, 2012
    currently the only reason to own a vita. This game takes the ps2 version and just improves everything. Nothing was taken out and even more stuff put in. More Links, more personas, more cutscreens, more voice acting, more everything.
  20. Nov 23, 2012
    In hard mode this game is amazing, your have to be very tactical and cant make a wrong move, I like challenging games like this. The music is great, my favourite is "back of the TV", and "Magatsu Inaba" theme. The story is excellent, its one of those games where you keep going even into the night, just for the story. i dont want to ruin if for you, but I will just say the story is on the same level as "Death Note" and "Gladiator" . I thought the social link system is very unique, it made me feel like I am the character. Buy this game, and you wont regret it. 10/10. Expand
  21. Nov 26, 2012
    One of the best console experiences bought to a handheld with great enhancements and extras, Persona 4 is a fantastic JRPG that will last you at least 50 hours of quality gameplay.

Many of annoyances from the PS2 version has been fixed, both minor and major, the additional content add tons of replayability too.

A few minor gripes; Chie Satonaka's new voice actress doesn't sound
    nearly as good as her original voice actress, Tracey Rooney wasn't fantastic, but to me Erin Fitzgerald just doesn't sound right as Chie.

Overall, Persona 4 Golden is a must have if you own a PS Vita and have even a slight interest in JRPGs or just Shin Megami Tensei fans in general. This game gets a 9 from me because I do not believe in perfect scores.
  22. Feb 27, 2013
    We're now a year into Vita's life-cycle, and Sony has built up a pretty robust library of standout games for it's latest handheld system. Indeed, the likes of Gravity Rush, LittleBigPlanet, Rayman Origins and Uncharted: Golden Abyss have clearly demonstrated the massive potential that Vita promises. While upcoming titles such as Killzone: Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway, look set to only build on the foundations laid down by those great games. And now, three months later than our North American friends, Persona 4: Golden has finally arrived on European shores. And boy was it worth the wait. Altus' sublime J-RPG blows every one of those previously mentioned titles clean out of the water, staking it's claim as Vita's finest game to date in the process. With a ton of user reviews here on Metacritic already, I won't bore you by going into all the why's and wherefore's, but I will say this: don't waste any more precious time, just get yourself down to your nearest game retailer and grab yourself a copy of Persona 4 Golden today (or, if your memory card can handle it's hefty 3.2GB filesize, maybe even download it directly from the SCEE digital store like I did). So what are you waiting for? What's that, not got a Vita? Get one! This is the best excuse yet to get a Vita, and it's first true system seller. And it's an absolute belter! 10 out of 10 all day long. Expand
  23. Jul 6, 2013
    This game is an experience. I have always liked the persona series, and I won't lie, I didn't think this was going to top Persona 3/FES/P3P... I was wrong. This game has an intense and engaging storyline that had me hooked, playing this game into the small (and large) hours of the night. I clocked nearly 60 hours on my first playthrough and went back for more. The battle system and story are great, but the real surprise comes from the social system. Half of the game is played as a (relativley) normal high schooler filling his days with activities and friends it can get so absorbing and interesting I had marathons of this game where I would go well over five or six hours without fighting anything completely absorbed into the game.

This game is a hands-down must play. If the art and culture style of the game don't seem your type, and you skip this game solely on looks you are missing out in a once-in-a-console-generation experience.

I would go as far as saying this game alone justifies the purchase of a Playstation Vita.
  24. Jan 17, 2013
    This game is amazing ever heard a till a week ago. I though all JRPG was stupid with crazy cheesy stories and boring gameplay but not Persona 4 I played 12 hours of it and I can't stop. Simply the better game on the vita, no the better game on anything handheld period. If this game was $100 I still buy it. It's awesome a 100 hours game and a new game plus with a different ending my game favorite game of all time. The 14 people who dislike this game on metacritic I going to slap you all cross your **** ass head Expand
  25. Nov 20, 2012
    how can any one waste this great game the story is very impressive and the graphics too i really love this game and i can not play my ps all stars battle royal because of this game
  26. Nov 24, 2012
    What can I say? This game was a head to head on P3 in the PS2 era, but this version makes it the best in the SMT series, even more than the spin off, Catherine! P4G marks the full beginning of the Vita era, that hopefully will get more outstanding JRPGs as this masterpiece...
  27. Nov 21, 2012
    Persona 4..where to start? Let me just say that the game is quite possibly the most original thing you'll ever find yourself playing story wise, a TV world that you travel in to to fight monsters? Encounter shadow forms of your inner self? Awesome!

Atlus has utterly perfected an already perfect game with Golden, the new features like being able to go out at night and giving you more
    months to play with add so much to an already long game, the combat is incredibly fun, and the music? Don't get me started, sublime.

Persona 4 is by far my favourite game ever, and not only that, is currently leaps and bounds the greatest game on the vita system. The vita's saving grace is here, tune in to the midnight channel tonight!
  28. Feb 16, 2013
    WOW!! How does Atlus make a remastered remake better than the original game which was already great. I completely stunned by how good this remake is, it's definitely a must own to any Vita owners. I've always been a fan of the persona series, especially starting from persona 2. Not only does this game meets the hype but somehow significantly surpasses my expectations.
    - Gameplay The
    gameplay mechanics are still the same as the original but Atlus added a couple of new functions to deepen the experience. They added 2 new difficulties (Very Easy and Very Hard) and have the option to change the rules and settings of it once you beaten the game. They added more rewards for doing social links with others especially with your teammates because they give you social link skills if you hit a certain rank. And Atlus added two new social links into the game, Marie and Adachi, both of which are interesting and have an interesting conclusion. Because of social link skills and abilities Rise is a lot more useful in this one than the original. She was only used for scanning, treasure location, and enemy locations but now she can protect you from fatal blows (once every battle), heal your HP and SP, gives you stat buffs, and can charge you up. There were lots of times when I shouted in happiness when Rise saved my butt. There are so much things to say about this game but I don't have a lot of spaces to write all of it. 10/10
    - Graphics The graphics are HD remastered, the characters are much clearer and nice to looks at. The animation cut scenes gets a HD remaster and they added new cut scenes with the new events. The visuals are a lot more colourful and pretty to look at (sometimes too colourful 10/10
    -Story The story is basically the same as the original except you get more events, two new endings, and two new characters. The story was always a hit and miss for me but it's the characters that really makes love the game. I actually felt like I was the main protagonist and the friends were believable and likeable too. 9/10
    - Sound The music is always catchy and upbeat as ever! And they also added new music which in my surprised made the game even more epic and enjoyable to play. The new Teddie voice actor did a great job in sounding like the original Teddie. Now the new Chie voice actor is a pass for me... just a pass (if I had to give her a score it would be 5/10) I mean sure she sounds like an annoying brat. The voice isn't actually bad, just badly timed voice acting. Though I do prefer the old Chie since that was the one I heard first. 10/10
    - Lasting Appeal It was GREAT!!! TV listing was a great addition, new events, gardening, the extra two months of free time, the funny 8-bit boss theme, and many more. I felt completely satisfied with the remake. 10/10 Of course this game isn't perfect and it is definitely has a few bugs but the goods significantly outweighs the bad points. It's actually one of the biggest reason I bought a Vita other than Gravity Rush. I would totally recommended it to anyone who is a fan of JRPG, Character-driven story, and who loves anime.
  29. Jun 24, 2013
    This new rendition of a great classic, became the GREATEST one to date. Everything. I mean everything, that I wanted from an RPG game is here. I could never stress out how much I'm astonished by playing this... "thing" (is it a port? is it a remake? I can't describe its uniqueness). By all means, this game is legendary on all levels and attained a better position than its PS2 counterpart. With all the new features such as the "online mode" stacked into one already-great game, this updated version is worth my every buck. In short, I got more than what I paid for. Expand
  30. Jul 5, 2013
    Never before have I become so invested in an rpg, everything about this game reeks of style and charm, It is hard to explain the emotional impact of persona 4, that I think is the games greatest strength, if you have any anti-anime bias, its time to get over it, because you are missing out on a true classic...
  31. Jun 17, 2013
    The only JRPG I've tried was Final Fantasy and I hated it. I was running low on Vita games, so I gave this game a shot.
    This game is superb in all aspects, especially on gameplay. It's so fun and addictive. I've had it just for the weekend and already spent over 7 hours. Graphics is OK, nothing special, but still the game gets a high score from me.

Very recommended for all Vita owners!
  32. Dec 29, 2012
    Easily the best game for the PlayStation Vita and a strong contender for the best game of the year. Persona 4 Golden is a diamond in the rough of 2012.
  33. Nov 30, 2012
    They've made a great game even better. I'm pleasantly surprised with how awesome all the changes to the game they've made have turned out (Chie's new voice actress aside). You can tell Atlus really cares about their fans when you realize just how much new stuff they put in the game. New content, characters, systems, streamlining, cool (and actually super useful) online feature would have been more than enough but they went the extra mile and included video and music unlocks so that you can re-watch any cutscene, view live concert footage of your favorite P4 and P3 songs, watch trailers and more. If you've played P4 before play again and enjoy the new features, if you haven't get ready for one of the best games of the decade. On a side note I was lucky enough to get a hold of the premium edition and recommend anyone even slightly interested in it to try and pick it up. The clam shell face cover is super cool and sturdy and unintentionally works as a nice stand. The hard pouch also looks cool and accommodates the vita with the face cover perfectly while holding 3 vita cards. Expand
  34. Nov 21, 2012
    i dont write reviews much, but this game is too awesome not to review it
    i played persona 3 fes on psp and loves the crap out of it, but persona 4 is even better
    dont know how they managed it, all i know is that ima spend countless hours playing this
    this is the reason to get vita lol
  35. Nov 30, 2012
    Atlus never fails to impress with the Persona series. I loved Persona 4 on PS2, but I always felt like the story and characters were slightly better in Persona 3, especially in later FES and Portable versions. But with P4G, Atlus has managed to add greater depth to every element of a game that, by all rights, was already a modern RPG masterpiece. There's a lot more to do, from mini-games to new Social Links, and even if you've beaten the original, the new story content will often make you doubt what you think you know from previous playthroughs. There's no greater RPG experience to be found on Vita, period. Expand
  36. Jul 11, 2013
    I never played a Persona before, closest I've got was Devil Survivor Overclocked on the 3DS which wasn't a great hit for me, tbh. But this is dang. Definitely one of the best, if not the very best, J-RPG I've ever played.
  37. Dec 9, 2012
    First time I played Persona 4 on PS2. It was my first Persona game from Shin Megami Tensei series. And I liked it a lot. It was a rare case when I wanted to keep playing a very long RPG game and did not feel tired or bored over some time. Plus it felt totally different from all CPRG games I've played before. Persona 4 Golden brings a little bit more content carefully integrated into original story, nice story closure (in case of True Ending), 'very easy' mode that allows to enjoy the game without excessive grinding. Persona 4 Golden was the third time I played Persona 4. And, I think, not the last one! Expand
  38. Feb 21, 2013
    When I heard a kickass RPG was coming to the Vita I was ecstatic, especially since it is an area that needed filling in the Vita's library. I watched reviews, felt the buzz of the USA and of the Japanese audience; then finally I gave in and imported it and this is my review of the game. Will it be Golden or will it be the coal in your stockings?

The Verdict: Persona 4 Golden takes one
    of the best RPG's of all time and makes it even better, adding hours of bonus content for the player to enjoy. This is a highly recommended purchase and is one of the most enjoyable games of the last year. It is definitely worth buying for those dedicated Vita owners. Over 80 90 hours for the first play through of the game, which is great for those who search for longevity in a game, but it might be daunting to those who wish to sink in less hours as the game has a quite slow start. Interesting Combat that keeps your mind constantly thinking of how to stratergise. School life has never been so fun Great Voice acting, Witty Dialogue and effective social links and stories. Addictive, be sure you haven't forgotten to go to work or school
    ! Not enough explanation of the fusion system for beginners Great, catchy tunes to nod along with as you play GAME STATUS: MUST BUY Game Score: 10/10 GOLDEN
  39. May 22, 2013
    This is the first Persona game I have ever played all the way through and I must say that I am absolutely obsessed with this game. It has a massive amount of story and dialogue without being boring and the turn based battle system has a more lively feel to it than rpgs of old. If you like amazing games then this is for you.
  40. Dec 14, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is a phenomenal game.

The characters are incredible, memorable and amazingly written and voiced. The story carries throughout the 75+ adventure, with some amazing twists and exciting developments. Combat is strategic and challenging...

I could rattle on and on about P4G, but I won't. You can see, along with tons of other customers and fans, that P4G is a
    masterpiece.

Absolutely a masterpiece.
  41. Nov 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely a well developed game with major enhancements, providing hours and hours of content ofr any Persona fan to enjoy! There is so much to talk about this game but I would like to focus on the characters, story, and music. The characters are clearly 3 dimensional, each having their flaws and inner selves they don't want to show to people. You feel like there's something about them that you didn't realize when you see them at first hand. However, getting to the inner core of the human psyche, it's quite fascinating. Next, story. Story is perhaps the most important thing when it comes to Persona games. It starts off with a transfer student from the city moves to Inaba for a year and finds out there is something going in Inaba. Murders happening when the fog appears. Then everything builds off that and really goes into depth the story and each character has their own part to share, even the protagonist. Finally, the music. The music has some new additions. Way different from the original Persona 4 but once I got to listening to the soundtrack, it was really enjoyable. Really liked how they didn't try to rearrange the score throughout the majority of the game. I would recommend this game to any JRPG player who needs something to do for a while. Expand
  42. Nov 21, 2012
    I picked this game up based on positive reviews. The way the game was described made me very interested. I loved my PS1 and PS2 because of all of the wonderful JRPG games. When I had a PS1, I picked up Final Fantasy IX and thought it was the best one in the series and enjoyed it even more that FFVII! It is sad that so many others missed this game because it was released when the PS2 was already out. The same is true for Persona 4 I guess. It was released in 2008, long after I even thought about my PS2. I am grateful that they decided to remaster and re-release this amazing game. I am about 4 hours in and I had trouble putting it down. It is epic. The game is a combination of traditional turn based strategy, anime cartoon story, and scooby doo style mystery solving. Another all time favorite game of mine is Shenmue and this game shares some of the best elements of that game for me. You get to explore town, have social interaction with others, go to shops, and everything is based on time, so when you go back to your house, you end the day by going to sleep in your bed. The game constantly gives you decisions to make that will affect the outcome of the game kind of like mass effect. This could encourage me to replay the game very easily. The graphics aren't as impressive as uncharted for the vita or other games of that caliber, but it is pretty because of the art style. Kind of how World of Warcraft was able to stand the test of time without looking very dated. The anime cutscenes also look great on the Vita's sharp screen. Finally, I will talk about the audio. There is already a massive amount of voice acting I have come across and haven't even scratched the surface from what I understand. (I hear it can take up to 100 hours to play through the game if you take your time). And the music is soooooo catchy!!! I listen to mostly rock and hate pop, but this J Pop that they play is great! You know it is good if you start humming the songs in your head. All in all, I am impressed so much that I put down the game to write my opinion on this game. That says a lot. I cannot stress enough how much you should play this game. Go buy it! Expand
  43. Feb 22, 2013
    I haven't played the original game but hearing how much praise it got I bought this game (At a very high price in my country) and it still doesn't feel like I wasted any kind of money, this game not only was good, it sets the definition of good! This is one of the best games I've played in my entire life and, at the moment, is my number 1 favorite game.

It has unique concept, it
    involves supernatural activity (That might not be a plus for you but for me it is!), The characters are charismatic and interesting in many levels, the aesthetic design looks cool and the HD uplift makes it virtually ageless, the story is interesting, gives you emotional weight and most importantly for a game narrative the events are driven by the actions of the main character controlled by the PLAYER! something many JRPGs and indeed many games in general ignore.

And it's addictive too, collecting personas, finishing quests, developing relationships, and a large ETC. makes this a game not only to replay once or twice. It's the sort of thing meant to be conserved until Armageddon strikes!
  44. Jan 17, 2013
    Unfortunately much easier than the original. Part of the fun of the original game was the difficulty of the major bosses and especially the final boss. This game managed to make it even easier to level up and dominate every single boss. I loved overwhelmingly the new additions to the game, but not a lowering of the difficulty.
  45. Dec 5, 2012
    10. just 10. it actually beats the ps2 version. it will blow your mind. the voice acting is awesome and the story is to, my view of it is like poke'mon mixed with final fantasy but more complicated but more awesome.
  46. Dec 11, 2012
    As someone who played through the first Persona 4 for the PS2 more than a few times, and as someone who bought the Vita, mostly for this game, I have to say that this game definitely lived up to everything I was expecting. First, even the most seasoned Persona 4 vet will find a ton of new stuff in this version. There are tons of new cutscenes, new S. Links to accomplish, the classic after battle card system has been brought back to ease the burden of trying to level, which was one of the biggest issues of the original. On top of that, there are brand new things to do at the end, including an exclusive dungeon to play through, provided you complete the new S. Links that are in the game. On top of these new things are the classic things of the original. The characters are great, the story is great, the battle system has always been a classic. They added alot of new things to what was already one of the best RPG's on the PS2, one of the best RPG consoles of all time. This is easily the best game on the Vita and, to anyone who has never played this game before, I can honestly say this game makes a compelling reason to buy the system outright. Buy this game, or even the system for this game, and you will not regret it one bit. It's easily one of the best games of the year and something I recommend to any RPG lover. Expand
  47. Jan 3, 2013
    First of all, I didn't play Persona 4 on the PS2. When the original game came out, I wasn't interested in turn based RPGs, or into Japanese games. The true is still the same today, but this is a game I've heard so much about that a friend got it for me for Christmas. Honestly, it's one of the most enjoyable games I've played since the Mass Effect series. I'm having issues putting the game down.

I'm not going into the story much, but the story is addicting and I enjoy building my relationships with my friends. I honestly find that very addicting, and it's cool thinking of the possibilities of different outcomes with your friends depending on your choices. NOw the combat is nothing revolutionary as it's a turn based RPG, but it's satisfying and fun unlocking new attacks and Personas to use. Finally, my favorite aspect is how long the game is. There are so many ways to level up certain aspects that increase your friendships with the people around you, then you can work on your combat skills with all of your teammates. If you enjoy a long game with a good story and deep character development, then you have to check this game out.
  48. Feb 16, 2014
    A great addition to the series, the Persona spin-offs are fast becoming more noteworthy than the core SMT titles they are attached to. Golden is a remake of the PS2 classic of the same name, Persona 4. Any newcomers to the series will find 4 a much more forgiving entry to Persona games than 3. With a lighthearted story to contrast well with the darker portions of the plot as well as gameplay you can feel like you have more control over, Persona 4 and the VITA port P4: Golden makes heavy effort to draw in new players in the series and does it well.

Combat is done turn-based style, with the twist from previous P3 entry in that you can control your allies' attacks and techniques if you so choose. This simple addition makes P4 a much more forgiving title to new players.

The story is engaging, with a strong focus on bonding with characters to help drive your investment in the world. Though it is a direct numerical sequel to the Persona spin-offs and makes a few references to older games, P4 still keeps the story open and accessible to new players.

One of the largest draws to me is since it is a port of a ps2 game, and a long one at that, the game feels sufficiently worth the money to get on the VITA. The biggest gripe I've had in a long time for hand held games lately has been the low playtime. P4 can take a very long time to complete if you allow yourself to get lost in it's depth, particularly with the leveling and social system.

If you have a VITA and wish to play a solid JRPG, then it is difficult for me to see how you can go wrong with P4: Golden.
  49. Apr 17, 2013
    Persona 4 is just brilliant. I loved the PS2 version an this one is even better! Honestly, I was afraid that new exclusive to VITA stuff would suck, but it is exactly the opposite. It is amazing how they fitted a brand new character to this game, without messing the story up. The soundtrack is beautiful with some new tracks and remixes.This one game fully justified buying a PS Vita console.
  50. Feb 25, 2013
    This Game is a masterpiece classic, from the amazing story that contains (psychology, philosophy, etc.) and grateful gameplay with sometime tedious mechanics for learn on how to use it, this game is flawless. I easily recommend this game to anyone that like RPG'S and adult games like Catherine (from the persona team), Virtual escape: last reward, Heavy Rain.
  51. Jan 28, 2013
    Persona 4 is a great game, which completely shows how the Vita is the perfect place for a console-style experience on the go. With great story, characters and voice acting, and a fluid combat system, Persona 4: Golden is one of the best JRPGs I've ever played.
  52. Jun 28, 2013

53. Jan 18, 2013
    Amazing game, my first JRPG and I could not put my vita down for weeks after purchasing this game. Over forty hours of gameplay at least, and every second was excellent. I most likely will dive back into New Game + mode in the next few days.
  54. May 6, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is outstanding in almost every way that matters to a JRPG. After thinking on the matter for a month after completion, to let the honeymoon feelings settle a little, I'm ready to say that this is now my #1 JRPG, ever. The game I'll tell people is the best JRPG I've ever played.

The main story was interesting. The themes were interesting. The characters, even some
    insignificant side ones, were well thought out, and developed. The battle system, being a SMT title, is addictive and has good depth. The art style is vibrant. There's a very large amount of quality voice acting. The soundtrack is full of energy, has a deep number of tracks, and was generally excellent.

Everything looked awesome on the Vita's OLED, and it was convenient to be able to play this sort of game on the handheld... and for a cherry on top they included all kinds of bonus content like original character art, and music videos...

I love this game.
  55. Apr 4, 2013
    this is one of the best JRPS's I've ever played, I recommend anyone buy this! although Persona 3 will always be my favorite, still you should totally get this!
  56. Jan 17, 2013
    As the PS2 was nearing its end and its big bro, the PS3, was on its way in, Atlus released its most ambitious project to date - Persona 4. It was arguably one of the best releases on the PS2, and still stands up to the test of time.

What happens when you take that amazing game, and put it on a handheld? It's even better. With its HD assets, slight changes to quest systems/menu
    interactions/etc, new scenarios and huge amount of voice acting, it's a truly incredible piece of work. This game is worth your time. No questions asked. It doesn't matter if you're an RPG fan or not, this game has something for everybody. Expand
  57. Feb 1, 2014
    This game is a real systemseller, I truly believe there is no such other game on PS Vita. It's really massive, it has A LOT of top notch made content, there is no point to explain all the advantages of the game, I just say that all Vita owners should buy this game at any cost and all the others should buy PS Vita to play this fantastic game.
  58. Dec 18, 2012
    Why i give a 10? i have played persona 4 on PS2, and play it again in PS VIta, simply this game is masterpiece i dont feel bored or repetitive, in P3 and P4 PS2 ifeel bored when it comes to leveling character
  59. Nov 26, 2012
    I loved and even though I've beaten Persona 4 three times, Golden is a game that renovates and builds on the original with new events, characters and Personas. I loved the final fantasy franchise and I'd stick this game on par with my favorite final fantasy game (FF9). There's less load times, greater variety to do, and heck you can sneak out in the nights just like Persona 3. This is probably the most fulfilling game I've ever played, keep in mind I love a bunch of non-jrpgs like AC series, Uncharted series, but not once have I ever felt for any characters as I have in this game, it's truly an art that should appreciated for what it is amazing. Overall the best vita game I own, and one of my favorite games of all time. Expand
  60. Nov 26, 2012
    Revisiting an old memory. Seeing old friends, and having something new to talk about. This is what you get from Persona 4 Golden. Atlus Co. did an amazing job porting one of the best PS2 generation of games, and I should say, A port is more than what this package is. Social aspects. New links, new ways to explore, new mini games, Trophy support making that Oh so inevitable second (or third) play though about as full fulling as the first. The Vita's OLED screen shows the magic of Inaba and the TV world pop out and look like new again, all of this and more makes this game THE reason to snatch the powerful handheld up. Making this one of my favorites of 2012. Expand
  61. Nov 29, 2012
    Persona 4 Golden is a port of the original Persona 4 from the PS2 to the Vita. It's chock full of new content ranging from an improved system to new areas/locales to explore. Graphics look sleek and sharp on the vita, and the lines really do pop. For returning Persona 4 players worry not, Golden boasts loads of new content and while not the game-changer FeMC that was in P3P, is still enough to keep you interested and surprised at the additions made into the game. If you've never played Persona 4, or any Persona game in general, and you like RPGs in any form. Well, go buy the game now! You shouldn't be wasting your time reading reviews here, with around 60+ hrs for the first run through, your getting lots of value for your money. Throw in a great story and battle mechanics, P4G stands to be one of the best Games out there, regardless of genre. Expand
  62. Nov 29, 2012
    This is an amazing game. I bought a PS Vita just for this game and I am 100% satisfied. Do not lose the chance to play one of the best RPG ever made. I am sure you won't regret it.
  63. Dec 12, 2012
    Persona 4 Golden is a must have if you have a PlayStation Vita. This game hardly feels like a remake of the original game.
  64. Aug 24, 2013
    Let me start off be saying that I typically do not care for JRPGs, but this game that I thought might take several months to beat is so deep, so well-voiced and so content-rich that I couldn't put it down, plowing through the whole story (70 hours or so) in just a few weeks.

Any game that can make you excited about reading a book or attending basketball practice must be doing
    something right. The voice actors are phenomenal. The dungeon-crawling gameplay is challenging but fair (with a few minor but completely unavoidable exceptions). The story can be a little absurd at times, but it is a hell of a lot of fun to work through.

This game is an absolute must-play for anyone, regardless of your preferences. If you have a Vita and haven't played this game yet, you're doing things wrong.
  65. Jan 28, 2013
    Everything is so right about this game. Solid gameplay mechanics, good visuals and an incredible cast of vibrant characters. This game was the reason I bought a Vita.
  66. Feb 10, 2013
    Unarguably one of the best JRPGs ever, Persona 4 Golden is a must buy game for both JRPG fans and for Vita owners. The story is compelling, the characters are endearing and believable, and the soundtrack is simply amazing as well. The gameplay consists of two sections; the school/social simulator and the dungeon crawling RPG segments. The battle system is intuitive and fun, and by the time you get fed with all the fighting, the school simulator acts as a nice change of pace, while adding more depth to each and everyone of the characters. There is also a lot of content in this game, ranging from a quiz show mini-game to videos of Persona soundtrack concerts. Lots of things have been added to the game as well including new cut-scenes, new events, new social links, and a few more. The story is very engaging and features some of the best voice acting in gaming, which is good as there are a lot of talking in this game. The only gripe I have is that the story wasn't as epic as Persona 3 in my opinion, but the characters are much more fleshed out and there are more numerous plot twists to keep people hooked too. A great game all in all with lots of extra content to keep many satisfied, this game is truly golden in every aspect. Expand
  67. Mar 5, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game and certainly 'THE GAME' for the Vita at the moment. If anyone was in doubt about buying a PS Vita, buy one to play this game.

The first few hours just scratch the surface as the game sucks you into the story. Animation as you would expect is superb, and the Odd 'Cut Scenes' are brilliant and shows Anime at its best.

As you play the game more and more, gain
    more power and more personas you find yourself playing constantly to see what the next challenge will be! From building your own characters strengths by social links to gaining more personas, or combining different personas to create even more powerful ones, is genius!

Don't think, reach into your deep pockets and buy this game!
  68. Mar 3, 2013
    I was thinking of selling my Vita before I stumbled on this game but this game alone proves that games can be done right. This is possibly one the most polished and fun games I've EVER played, and I'm usually quite pessimistic about my games. You can check all the other reviews for the details I'm sure, and I don't want to be the 100th odd person to repeat about the good stuff, but if you're reading this -
    there is a reason everybody is raving about this game, so go out and buy it. It starts a little slow but man is it worth sticking by.
  69. Apr 16, 2013
    So after reading reviews, I was skeptical about buying seeing as I have never played any of the Persona games. But after some recommendations from close friends, I forked out the $300 and bought the Vita and P4G. Best investment I've made in a long time.
    Everything about this game is amazing, the combat doesn't get stale and keeps you on your toes, the character interaction is the best
    I've seen in a long time!
    I am well and truly in love with this game, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a refreshing JRPG.
  70. Apr 24, 2013
    Probably one of the best games out on the PS vita and probably for a long time. Persona 4 does so many things right that it be impossible not to enjoy this game. The game looks excellent on the PS vita screen and similar to the PS2 release awhile ago. As the game progresses you meet many different characters that help you throughout the game. The characters are well introduced and as you spend time with them you end up caring for them. But this wouldn't be possible without the the great voice acting put into each character. Even though the main protagonist is silent it doesn't really matter. Not only that but as your bond grows with them you become stronger and you can created stronger persona's as a result. Persona's are basically monster that help you in battle that are more powerful as you create bonds. The game play is really fun in persona and there are many personas a person can make. The story is great as you slowly get closer and closer to finding out who the murderer is. You can end up putting up at least 60 hours in this game and more if you put your time into it. So if you have a PS vita this game is well worth your purchase. Expand
  71. ERB
    Jan 23, 2014
    This is the King Of PlayStation Vita games.The game play is fun the story is great and interesting.Persona 4 lives up to the hype we were all expecting and importantly it surpasses the hype.Buy this game now and play it.This game is the number 1 reason to buy a PlayStation Vita.
  72. May 10, 2013
    One of the best (if not THE best) RPGs i've played in many many years. Persona 4 Golden is a must buy for Vita owners that did not play the original. The story telling and characters will make u sob when the game is over (seriously, u wish it never ends). Comparing to many great RPGs such as fire emblem, this one is more closer to the heart and you become more attached to the game world and characters. Expand
  73. Jun 9, 2013
    This is THE best game on PS Vita. Sure there is Uncharted and MGS collection and stuff, but you can find better versions on PS3. This is THE game that made me not regret buying a PS Vita. I was skeptical before I bought it because I was never a big fan of JRPG, but this game just blew my mind. If you don't have this game, then you don't really own a PS Vita. It's that good.
  74. OoD
    Jun 24, 2013
    This game is pure gold. A ton of great new content added onto an already great game, and now its portable. A great storyline and very lovable characters makes this an amazing game. Overall, the reason to own a Vita.
  75. Sep 23, 2013
    amazing. just, amazing. not only is the turn based gameplay fun, but the story is deep and engaging as well as the characters. you spend time with them which improves your bond with them which helps you create personas and help in battle.the game has five difficulties, which range from very easy to very hard, and ng+ which lets you customize your difficulty.
  76. Oct 9, 2013
    I don't think anyone can deny that this game looks beautiful on the Vita. Atlus have done an incredible job of porting both of the latest Persona games in the series to handhelds. This game is not simply a cash-in, it is clearly with love that Atlus keep persona in the current gen until we get the next release on the Playstation 4.
  77. Oct 8, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is what i would call, is a game close to perfection (Yes, it is my favorite game of all time)

I have not played any of the early realises nor have i played the original PS2 edition. It was just a coincidence i brought it. I had a PS Vita, which was lacking good games, I saw that P4G got great reviews, and i thought why not? And I don't like playing Turn Based RPGs, i
    brought it from pure curiosity.

P4G opened my eyes to something new, i now find turn based gameplay more tolerating and I've fallen got an bigger eye open for games and Anime from Japan.

I was laughing with the characters, crying, and i even got true feelings for them. P4G is a emotional rollercoaster that keeps you attached to the characters and the world all the way towards the end.

The Good:
    - Amazing visuals
    - Great voice acting
    - Best writing in gaming history
    - Easy gameplay
    - 100+ Hours of gameplay

The Bad:
    - You lose your life (The real one)

I know this review wont be convincing, but really i beg you to try it out. Its the perfect console seller, so buy a PS Vita just for this game!
  78. Apr 7, 2014
    one of my all time favorite games! the vita version is by far a huge improvement on the ps2 version, if you haven't played this yet I recommend you do! it's fantastic!
  79. Mar 12, 2014
    Quite possibly the greatest game I've ever played. Story, characters, music, gameplay are all top notch. The characters are without a doubt the games strongest point. It would be impossible not to get attached. Must own for any PS Vita system.
  80. May 1, 2014
    the 1st reason I bought a PS VITA. Worth my money, time and praise. I love this game and because of that I love my VITA. I wish Atlus Would make a PERSONA exclusive game for vita.
  81. Jun 2, 2013
    Best game of all time! Persona 4: Golden has everything you can hope from a videogame. It takes a weeks, months or even years to see everything that Persona 4: Golden has to offer. Buy this game!
  82. Mar 10, 2013
    Great recreation of an all time classic, with a lot of new features. This game is probably the best jrpg you will ever play, by itself more than enough reason to buy a vita
  83. Apr 7, 2013
    Never have I experienced such a fulfilling game in all my 14 years of gaming. With an 80+ hour completion time, several types of gameplay, and impeccable storytelling & characters, I'm genuinely shocked this colossal game is a mere 3.1 GB. It's an RPG, but the choices you make have a much larger outcome in the end than what is conventional. You can choose from multiple jobs, hobbies, girlfriends (or boyfriend, I think), friends, extracurricular activities, sports, books, weapons... the list goes on and on. Cinematics make me feel happy at times and sad at others, I'm sincerely worried about the characters (this may have to do with how much time is spent with them), and it almost feels like I have a complete other life. I was weary of buying this t first, because it honestly looked kind of stupid (a Japanese RPG where you go to school? Really?), but Christ almighty was I ever wrong about that. This is by far the best PSV exclusive I've ever played, and the best PSV title period behind Snake Eater. And at the lower-than-regular price of $29.99, you're really getting your full money's worth. Expand
  84. Feb 28, 2013
    Ok, let me start by saying traditional turn based RPGs are some of the games I'm most intolerant to, as I find them boring and can't go beyond 1/3 of the game before passing. I'm more of an action/adventure kind of guy, and coming from this background I can testify that this game is great. Don't know if it's the characters' charm, the well structured combat system or that pokemon "you gotta catch em' all" feeling that kept pushing me forward (even in the most tedious parts), but I've spent around a 100 hours playing and I'm seriously considering a second playthrough. Though I never played the original PS2 version, I've looked into all they changes they made for the VITA instalment and I'm shocked!! the additions merge so well with the original content that I can't believe the original version lacked them..... yes, it's that polished... and yes, it makes the original version seem incomplete in comparison. If you're like me and have serious reservations about this game because of your gaming background, do yourself a favor and at least rent it. Even if you don't completely dig the gameplay, if you're a fan of anime, chances are you're still gonna like the game anyways. Expand
  85. Feb 25, 2014
    This is RPG brilliance. Fantastic gameplay complimented by an intriguing story and characters put together in a beautiful-to-look-at anime style make this easily the the best game available on the Vita to date. It should come with a warning label due to how addictive it can be.
  86. Jan 26, 2013
    The best vita game.Great gameplay,graphics and a lot of things to do.A must buy for everyone how has or wants to buy a vita. Everything about this game is perfection.
  87. Mar 20, 2014
    I never had the chance to play P4 on PS2. I first picked up Persona 2 for PSP on Vita and really liked it so i decided to give a go on the others too. So i bought P4G and a new era of JRPG loving started for me. This game is so deep both on a gameplay and a storytelling level that it made me wanna finish it 100% and do everything, a thing that i didn't usually do with JRPGs. It is a unique masterpiece among its kind that will be in the top ten games for years to come. Its a must for JRPG and anime fans, so don't hesitate. I cant wait for Persona 5!!!! I hope is as good or better but P4 has set the bar to high. Expand
  88. Feb 21, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is a great slice of Japanese culture brought right to you in handheld form. It has all the elements necessary to create a great rpg experience, and enough charisma and charm to create a story that is driving and addictive. Beauty comes in simplicity, and Persona 4 capitalizes on this notion in almost every aspect. It's hard for me to give any game, let alone a great one like this, a 10 rating (especially since it is a port of a PS2 game). That's no excuse to overlook this title though, or you will sorely miss out. A fair warning to gamers though this game develops very slowly, and while it is likely that you will get sucked into the story if you are an impatient gamer you may lose interest fairly quickly. Persona 4 keeps things sweet and simple, so if you are looking for an action based rpg you may have better luck checking out Ragnarok Odyssey. A great piece of gaming though, and a fine addition to any PS Vita collection. Expand
  89. Dec 21, 2013
    I rarely give anything a perfect score. But Persona 4 Golden is as close as it gets. The story is fantastic, the characters are brilliantly portrayed and you feel a real connection to them, the voice-acting is pretty much the best I've seen in a videogame, the gameplay is superb, and for a PS2 port the graphics are good. This isn't only something that will appeal to JRPG fans, but to ANY gamer out there looking for an amazing experience. Expand
  90. Dec 24, 2012
    Great RPG, one of the best, ifnot the best alone, titles for the vita so far. it takes around 60 hours to beat the game, the music is fantastic, there's extras like music tracks and other stuff!!! The game reminds to be a bit to a mixture of shenme and ffvii.
  91. Dec 2, 2012
    This is the game for the PSVita, for those of you who think re-ports and re-releases to different systems and avoid them, think again. Persona 4: the Golden is the pinnacle of the Vita. From it's story line to it's combat system. The story is complex in the fact that 1: There is multiple endings. 2: The choices you make affect the outcome as well as the way other people think about you(Social Links). 3: You come to love every character in the game, because everyone is unique in their own taste, and heck, you might really fall for some of the characters. The story makes you want to keep playing, makes you think "What's going to happen next?!". The drama, comedy, romance, and perfect voice acting all blend into a perfect video game smoothie. Next is the battle system. 1: It's fluent and quick turn based combat, similar to something like Pokemon, but much more colorful, beautifully accompanied by the awesome BGM, but I'll get to that later. 2: The massive amounts of Persona you can use. The abilities and skills that they can use are just so much, as well as the enemies, although some are just recolors, that still doesn't take away to how many enemies there are. 3: The combo attacks. I, being a person who played Persona 4 on the PS2 seriously made my pants sticky when I first saw Yukiko and Chie use their combo attack. Combo attacks are unique to whoever uses them and are just so colorful and awesome, plus that Dragon ball-ish declaration of the attack, it just makes me wanna man-squee. 4: The amount of weapons and outfits you can use and wear into combat, outfits are just for show, but make it so cool, or hilarious if you use other things, and the weapons all look so cool and well-defined, makes me wanna shake Master Daidara's hand. Screw it, I'm gonna hug him. 5: The dungeons. Even though all the dungeons are really repetitive, it keeps to the old persona style. It makes the grinding fun, but the dungeons could use a little more work, except Naoto's, but I'll leave that for you to find out for yourself. The BGM throughout the game sets a perfect mood, to the lovely music of wandering at night and the awesome music of just walkering around, or the music of events, to the fast pace and quick tunes of the combat music makes you just want to not move a turn and listen to it due to it's awesome beats. the well-cared for music is tuned of out of Persona 4, but with new twists that old SMT gamers will love. The voice acting is perfect, although it took a little time for me to enjoy Chie's new voice actor, but it ends up kind of like a new experience, giving Chie a new personality to her. Yet Teddie's new voice actor seems like he's trying too hard to be the original Teddie. The voice acting is just pure perfect and flows perfectly with conversations. Persona 4: the Golden made me cry in more than one moments, just as the old P4 did for me. I love this game, and it's a permanent resident of my game library, and for $40, it's worth it. The 60+ hours you'll spend through one playthrough, plus the extra time you spend replaying makes this game extremely replayable if you can get over the grinding at higher levels. This game set the bar for the rest of the Vita games, and hopefully stuff like this come often more for the console/handheld. All I can say now is, you'll enjoy this game, guaranteed. Expand
  92. Dec 12, 2012
    This is a great game, I hated being forced through the "barely interactive plot setup" for almost two hours, but since the ingame story is so great, it was enjoyable. The amount of things you can do in this game is amazing, and will drain a lot of your time, if you have some to spare. The concepts are great as well, equipping, leveling and merging personas is really awsome. Definitely the best game on the Vita thus far, in my opinion. This game, if presented to the right audience, can be a system seller. Expand
  93. Dec 14, 2012
    An absolutely fantastic game! While Atlus seems to know how to improve upon a great game, there are still tiny quirks that bother me a bit. Things like unmoving mouths during speech and the fact that the people don't seem to know what anti-aliasing is bother me a bit, but no game is perfect. The fact remains that this game is a fantastic RPG with well-written characters and a combat system with enough strategy and flair to keep battles interesting even after you're 50+ hours into this title Expand
  94. Dec 26, 2012
    This game was the **** back in 2008 when it was released on the PS2. Not only is it on the PS Vita a platform with pretty much only 2 good titles but it is a great remake staying true to the original game. The underworld is great and atmospherics especially for a previous gen JRPG. That includes creative enemy design and a great turn based battle system. but the everyday life is perhaps even more interesting. Altough having to keep up in school isn't that fun fishing, building social links and talking to the very well designed characters with great development as the game goes on. not that it has much competition but best game PS vita Expand
  95. Dec 26, 2012
    Best Portable game ever? Quite Possibly. The latest etnry into the series only shows improvement on the already well done job from earlier entries into the series. It makes full use of the powerful processor on the PS Vita, so everything you liked about the PS2 original stays the way it is with improvements added. The story is well done and will keep you on the edge of your seat, the already popular social links return with new additions, and some more voices are added to dialogues. A must have for the PS Vita when compared with the lacking library of the handheld, and I would recommend it to anyone I know. Expand
  96. Jan 3, 2013
    I have never played a Persona game before and I was delighted to find that Persona 4 is unbelievably good. I haven't enjoyed an RPG this much since Final Fantasy 8. The gameplay is solid, the RPG mechanics are hardcore and the battles can be tricky. This was one of few games that I really enjoyed grinding levels on.
    The real reason this game is good though is the Characters. I genuinely
    wanted to help out the annoying kid, flirt with Yukiko or go on a beach trip. The issues that are covered with each character are deep and can be challenging as a player.
    I have got about five games waiting for me to play them but am going to go for the new game plus before starting them.
  97. Jan 8, 2013
    Serial killers and a drag queen pageant? Count me in! I've never actually played through any of the previous Persona titles, but this one had me hooked from the start. Although it is about as good as any game can be, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the actual combat system is at times a tiny bit stifled and certainly derivative... but any reflection these complaints have on the score are made irrelevant by the superior characters and terrific plot. I don't think I can remember a game that has made me laugh so much! Not to say there aren't some tender moments, but I think it is safe to say that Persona 4 is an action comedy. Throw in a murder mystery, a killer-on-the-loose, great extras and tons of optional missions, and you've got the game of the year. Every day's great at your Junes! Expand
  98. Jan 8, 2013
    This game is perfection. The voice acting is simply amazing. The game-play and story telling are to die for. Anyone with a PS Vita must pick up this game. By far the best game on the Vita so far. This game goes in my book as, by far, game of the year for 2012. I have never experienced so many feels in a video game before; except maybe from P3P.
  99. Jan 10, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden, is a very clean and crisp Action-Fighting game for the PS Vita, akin to the likes of BlazBlue and Street Fighter. Very good game, can't wait for more.
  100. Aug 21, 2013
    This is my first Persona, and my first JRPG (Unless Kingdom Hearts counts).
    The story in this game is much, much deeper than it first appears. It has a whole load of interesting characters, who many of the player makes friends with. The Anime cutscenes look crisp on the Vita's screen, and the remastering of the game is more than an HDing. The extra content isn't tacked on, and is very
    well integrated into the game, I didn't realise a lot of it wasn't in the last game until I looked it up.
    Personally I find the dungeons to be a bit dull gameplay wise, but I can see why people love it. The social links and general things you can do out side of dungeons is very balanced, and those are my favourite parts of the game.
    Overall, this is one of the best Vita games so far, and I'm quite excited for P5.

1. Apr 18, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is part detective novel, part teenage simulation and part asian RPG – all being important pieces which combine to create some of the most memorable and entertaining moments I’ve ever had with a JRPG.
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden manages to make a classic JRPG even better. A definite buy for any Vita owners, and actually a good enough reason to justify the purchase of Sony's struggling handheld. [Apr 2013]
  3. Persona 4 Golden is a Tardis of a game. Initially, it seems cute and friendly and it hooks you with its murder mystery and time management focus. Once you get inside, it opens up exponentially, awing you with its scope. [March 2013, p76]