• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Nov 20, 2012
9.2

1. Nov 6, 2013
    First off, let me just say that this is my favorite video game of all time. The story, atmosphere, characters, music, and voice acting are all nearly perfect. The gameplay itself is fantastic as well; the typical SMT gameplay experience you would expect still shines bright in Persona 4 without being horribly difficult (you'll usually never be stuck in the same place for too long). PersonaFirst off, let me just say that this is my favorite video game of all time. The story, atmosphere, characters, music, and voice acting are all nearly perfect. The gameplay itself is fantastic as well; the typical SMT gameplay experience you would expect still shines bright in Persona 4 without being horribly difficult (you'll usually never be stuck in the same place for too long). Persona 4 Golden also adds much more content to the PS2 original, with new battle mechanics and in-game days, as well as a new character and side-story to go with her. The game is quite long too, around 80 hours with the normal ending, and that's not including the hours you will spend in new game plus.

However, as great as this game is, I can't give it a perfect score because it has a pretty prevalent flaw: its tendency to go too long with the cinematics. Now don't get me wrong; the story is outstanding and can really only be told with excessive conversation, but sometimes it carries on longer than it should. There's literally a straight hour of storytelling before you get into any freedom or dungeon gameplay, and sometimes the game goes long times without any dungeoning. That aside, the game is still excellent and I would recommend it to any fan of JRPG's or visual novels.
  2. Aug 18, 2014
    This is by far the 2nd best game i have ever played(best being Jet Set Radio) i had never played an ATLUS game before i played Persona 4 Golden. i never thought going through high school would be so much fun. the characters all had amazing back stories, and Persona 4 Golden teaches you alot about life, people and just emotions in general. its one of the few games that was able to bring aThis is by far the 2nd best game i have ever played(best being Jet Set Radio) i had never played an ATLUS game before i played Persona 4 Golden. i never thought going through high school would be so much fun. the characters all had amazing back stories, and Persona 4 Golden teaches you alot about life, people and just emotions in general. its one of the few games that was able to bring a tear to my eye, and the only story id say was better was that of the anime Clannad. Expand
  3. Shi
    Nov 15, 2013
    If you have a Vita and you like JRPG's, Persona 4 Golden is a must have. Solid gameplay, great graphics, beautiful artwork, and an excellent story. Definitely the best enhancement of a game I've ever played.
  4. Mar 2, 2014
    This is THE best game I have ever played. The formula of short days with meaningful activities makes it very addictive. The combat is excellent and spices up the formula of turn based battles with chances to take extra turns when hitting a weak spot of an enemy or dealing critical damage. Excellent presentation and style sells the world. The characters and the various voice actors behindThis is THE best game I have ever played. The formula of short days with meaningful activities makes it very addictive. The combat is excellent and spices up the formula of turn based battles with chances to take extra turns when hitting a weak spot of an enemy or dealing critical damage. Excellent presentation and style sells the world. The characters and the various voice actors behind the voices are excellent with realistic dialogue. They are not just JRPG stereotypes but really do act like kids that age. They can be insensitive and awkward but loveable and kind all at the same time. Dungeons are as quick and as deep as you make them. Over powered and want to skip to the boss. Just keep running as enemies rarely catch up to you. I played it in normal mode and got the true ending plus epilogue and I have to say playing it on a second playthrough was worth it. Love the anime cut scenes and lastly the music, its hard to understand but the tunes are catchy and never get old. I really want a follow up story for these guys. Be it anime or a whole new game or even a manga I will snatch it up. My favourite game ever made.

Buy it!

From a 22 year old gamer ;)
  5. Jan 4, 2014
    Let me get this out of the way:
    1. In the first half I will be discussing the game itself
    2.In the second half I will discuss the deiferences in the Vita port. Part 1! Persona 4 (along with it's Golden version) is the best game I have ever played. I NEVER in my life thought that a video game would engross me so much that I would cry simply because I had finished it. Everything from the
    Let me get this out of the way:
    1. In the first half I will be discussing the game itself
    2.In the second half I will discuss the deiferences in the Vita port.
    Part 1!
    Persona 4 (along with it's Golden version) is the best game I have ever played. I NEVER in my life thought that a video game would engross me so much that I would cry simply because I had finished it. Everything from the controls to the combat system that makes grinding FUN to the art style and the best cast of character ever produced by video games is absolutely, unquestionably, perfect. Persona has a incredibly large cast of characters but still manages to make them all interesting. Even my least favorite character in the game, Rise Kujikawa, is STILL so interesting that she gives Elizabeth and the 2013 Lara Croft a run for their money.The combat system is like a combination of Pokemons monster capturing and weakness exploiting, mixed with Final Fantasies controlling a diverse team aspect. And if you're looking for engaging content, this game has you covered in abundance. From the multiple social links and endings, to dialogue options to questing and dungeon crawling for extras is done absolutely masterfully. Persona 4/Golden is a game that shows us what the medium of gaming has the potential to offer in terms of story telling, because unlike The Last of Us or Beyond Two Souls, it focuses on story and gameplay equally to make something so unimaginably good that it makes even Nintendo's best offerings shiver in fear. If you have a Playstation 2 or Vita and haven't played Persona 4 or Golden, you're missing out on so much it's actually sad.
    Part 2, Golden extras!
    1. Another character you can S.Link by the name of Marie
    2.An extra dungeon
    3. A epilogue taking place three months after you leave
    4.New Game Plus allowing you to play the game again with all stats fro your first playthrough.
    Conclusion
    Persona 4 is a that will probably never be surpassed. So do yourself a favor and spend the best 30 dollars of your life!Rating: 10//10 "Perfect"
  6. Mar 3, 2014
    I just want to start off by saying that I really wanted to give this game a 10/10.

Persona 4 Golden (or the original) is a wondrous magical amazing game that every RPG enthusiast should play. There are many perfect aspects about the game, like the endlessly interesting story, the fun combat, the pokemon-like creature collection, the incredible social link system, the gorgeous menus, and the (mostly) beautiful music. I thoroughly enjoyed the themes of searching for truth, and many times I believed the game to be over when a surprising twist to the plot kept me playing for 80+ hours. However, due to a few minor shortcomings and one huge flaw, I could not give this game the score it deserves.

The major problem with this game was the dungeon crawling. The randomly generated, multi-leveled dungeons just aren't fun. Each one has the same design, which involves navigating hallways to find chests and the stairwell to the next level. Unfortunately, after the first dungeon, it just became very repetitive and generic. It felt like a chore more than a pleasure. During the long sessions of the real world, I would actually dread having to go back to the grind. This outdated gameplay should have been redesigned during the initial stages of development.

Other problems with the game range anywhere from many of the vocal-heavy soundtrack music (although this is mostly preference), to the overly-difficult to manage ability system. The latter makes Persona creation less than ideal for creating Personas with preferred abilities.

Some things really aren't very clear either, such as the best ways to utilize the social links, and how to completely advance the story. A little more help would have been nice. Maybe I wouldn't have wasted several dozen days doing useless tasks. Also, I still have no idea how to catch bugs or fish.

Regardless, the game is phenomenal and is currently the best game on Vita by far. 9/10
  7. Dec 31, 2013
    Is wort buy a vita just to play this legendary game,an immense amount of activities and a great dungeon crawler that take you like a hundred hours to finish,is amazing if you like jrpg or else you can hate this masterpiece
  8. Jan 3, 2014
    Persona 4 Golden was my first Persona game and boy was it a good way to start. Persona offers an interesting story with characters that you will bond with and won't forget. Exploring dungeons, can admittedly get a little old, but it still doesn't draw you away from the experience. Persona 4 Golden is a must have if you own a Vita. (Or you can get Persona 4 for the PS2.)
  9. Feb 23, 2014
    How does one even begin to talk about a game so overhyped? That is one of the main words I'd use to describe P4G. So many times I've heard "This is the best Vita game!" that I expected so much of it, it couldn't possibly have held up. Further more, Persona 3 is my favorite game, so Persona 4 would have to try real hard to impress me. Never the less I went in very optimistic about thisHow does one even begin to talk about a game so overhyped? That is one of the main words I'd use to describe P4G. So many times I've heard "This is the best Vita game!" that I expected so much of it, it couldn't possibly have held up. Further more, Persona 3 is my favorite game, so Persona 4 would have to try real hard to impress me. Never the less I went in very optimistic about this game, understanding that it's something different. To sum it all up: too different, at least for me. But on an important note, I want you to know that I haven't let my feelings about Persona 3 get in the way of my honest review about Persona 4 Golden - what follows are my thoughts about the game as a single experience. Comparissons are just mandatory at some points, but bring nothing to my final score, as you will see in my conclusion
    Also, another side note, I can't have people talking about that this is the best Vita game - this is a port of a PS2 game, that got a bit ruined over the porting process. Think about it.
    On a graphical note, the game holds up. Nothing spectacular, but it doesn't need to be. Some of the new designs they went with look stupid, I found myself laughing out loud at them on a couple ocassions, which to me isn't a good sign. Overall on the polish standpoint it stands proudly alongside other entries in the SMT series - extremely polished and nicely stylised. I think the style they chose doesn't fit much, but I'll talk about that later on.
    This game sounds good too. I don't find the OST to be particularly strong, but it's fitting. However it does not manage to escape some stereotypes, though it tries to. But when it uses a stereotypes- it succeeds brilliantly. I have to mention that it has awesome voice work, featuring some of the best actors in the branch. There are some moments of awkward silence in this game that I did not get or like.
    The story of Persona 4 is a weird one in execution, not in content. I have to admit that after the amazing story of Persona 3, I expected this to be strong as or stronger than Persona 3. Persona 4 offers a mix of stereotypical characters (with a few exclusions, to my surprise) with bland origin stories, in favor of offering a more complex, dark and brooding plot. However, it's not as good as it sounds. The plot of the game isn't bad, it is simply badly directed - the game overall favors gameplay over story, which may be your thing - keep in mind that it's not mine. The plot seems nice and complex, but it misses a lot of opportunities to become stronger. The story has it's better moments, though - I got some solid laughs and even some soggy eyes at certain points. But in the end it's still a very slow moving story, that tries to end out with a bang, but ends out feeling rushed. To sum the story up: I found myself pressing the "Skip" button way more often that I thought I was capable of in a game of this caliber.
    To my surprise, however, this game shines on the gameplay standpoint. It offers a lot of activities to do, most of which are very fun and addicting. The main gameplay is very spiced up and not-boring as per usual with JRPGs (in my opinion). There are two major things I didn't like about the gameplay, which for the sake of spoilers, I will sum up into one, spoiler-free sentance: This game gives you NO hints for things it expects you to know and do, and proceeds to punish you for not doing them. To a gamer like me, who likes freedom of choice and rewarding story-driven gameplay, I found the gameplay boxing. A lot of times I said to myself "Immersion broken", because this game often reminded me that it's a game - something I don't want to think about while trying to be a part of the experience. Also, the overall bright presentation of the game ruins it at times too, being unfitting for the plot it tries to sell.
    In conclusion, I think the only reason people are overhyping this game is because it's the only Persona game they've played. Don't let that fool you. But I have something else to say too: I'd rate an 8/10 as a sequel to Persona 3, because as we see in the bigger picture, the two are connected. I'ts not a good sequel. But it's a heck of a standalone 9/10 game. You owe it to yourself to play this game, because even going beyond the statement that it's worse than Persona 3, which I am going off here, I cannot deny the fact that it's a really awesome game that you should not miss. I still say it's not the best Vita game, because it's a PS2 game. I do recommend playing the Vita version, because long games are made for portables, but if you chose to do so - google things carefully, because overhype leads to overexposure, and spoilers are everywhere! Further more, be prepared to spoil some things for yourself intentionally if you want to get the most out of this game (talking about the thing the game expects you to know). Conclusion: Play Persona 3 first, reasons can be found in my Persona 3 review, also P4 is a sequel to P3 none the less.
  10. Feb 24, 2014
    **This review is purely from a casual RPG player's point of view**
    **This review is purely from a casual RPG player's point of view**
    Persona 4 Golden is one of the best games I've played so far. Before playing P4G, I wasn't aware of this series and/or did not care to know more about them. The reason I bought persona 4 golden was that the game had many good reviews. I bought this game not knowing that I'll get completely sucked into the series of Shin Megami Tensei universe. If I knew about this game earlier, I'd have bought a vita to play it long time ago. Since I don't dare spoil the wonderful story behind this wonderful game, all I can say is that if you are a big fan of RPG like myself, you're in for a delicious treat. Just be careful with your choices in the game, cause your choices dangerously matters here.
  11. Jul 16, 2014
    A lot of games interest me for a few hours and then ultimately lose me. I never return. P4G has been an exception. 25+ hours into the game and it still feels fresh. Sure, some of the dialogue is hokey and borderline offensive, but the game still has charm. Looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds.
  12. May 9, 2014
    This game is awesome! I am a big Persona fan and this remake hit the spot. The characters were enjoyable expect for a few people that were just **** The dialogue is brilliant the added character is awesome. The game is a grind fest which can be off putting but if you can look past that i recommend this game to anyone who has a ps vita.
  13. Jun 14, 2014
    As a kid, i was hooked on jRPGS like Final fantasy 1-9, Chrono Trigger, Shining force, Breath of Fire etc. At some point, when i finished breath of fire IV (which is awesome, i recommend) i stopped playing jRPGs. They have a feel about them that is too familiar, and more or less, the same. I don't get that feeling with persona. It's new, refreshing and a role-playing aspect of an ROLE PLAYAs a kid, i was hooked on jRPGS like Final fantasy 1-9, Chrono Trigger, Shining force, Breath of Fire etc. At some point, when i finished breath of fire IV (which is awesome, i recommend) i stopped playing jRPGs. They have a feel about them that is too familiar, and more or less, the same. I don't get that feeling with persona. It's new, refreshing and a role-playing aspect of an ROLE PLAY GAME (RPG). Characters are well developed, and that is the accent of the game. Fighting has some cool mechanics, and that is fine too. Game feels like a mix between final fantasy, monster rancher and life simulator. It is weird, i give you that, but it kinda works. It works better than anyone would expect. While today RPGs teach you that you can get ANYTHING you want if you grind long enough, talk to people etc... persona is not like that. It gives you options and it's up to you how you'll play your "cards". Great story, great characters and amazing gameplay on great system. 10/10 Expand
  14. Jun 12, 2014
    A lot of people have asked me if it's worth buying a Vita, and my answer is always another question, 'Do you like JRPGs?" If yes, then Persona 4 Golden is the main reason to buy this system. I had never played a Persona game before, but the hype finally got to me, and I'll admit that I bought the system to play P4G. I have not had a single bit of buyer's remorse, because the game isA lot of people have asked me if it's worth buying a Vita, and my answer is always another question, 'Do you like JRPGs?" If yes, then Persona 4 Golden is the main reason to buy this system. I had never played a Persona game before, but the hype finally got to me, and I'll admit that I bought the system to play P4G. I have not had a single bit of buyer's remorse, because the game is fantastic. A beautiful story with many twists and turns, great fluid gameplay that never feels stiff (here's looking at you, Final Fantasy X...), and characters that will stick with you forever. There's a reason Persona 4 has sparked the most spinoffs, and it's because it's easily one of the best RPGs ever conceived. If you haven't played this game, do yourself a favor and buy it. Truly a game that lives up to the hype. Expand
  15. Jun 30, 2014
    Just finished Persona 4 The Golden last night. I must admit that this game is a MASTERPIECE. I'll say it upfront, i'm giving this game a 10/10. I enjoyed the game very much.

The story about a young boy who was sent to live with his uncle in the countryside, Inaba Town. He will have to live there for a year. The first time he arrived, lots of rumor about the midnight channel and people missing. What exactly happened in Inaba & what's our hero role in all of this? Play and find it out.

Plus point:
    - This game has like every aspect to make the game enjoyable. First of all, a strong main story. I mean yeah, you are a high schooler who is a student at days while playing the role of a guy who can summon persona and whack the ass of Shadows? That's pretty much cool. And not just that, we got lines of strong supporting characters. You could unfold what happened in Inaba, searching for the truth or stop at the false truth, it's all up to you. Because the fate of the story is in your hand.
    - Social links & normal life! Supporting characters are not just supporting characters, you can actually bond with them and get extra side story. Our hero is a high school student, so it's just normal to have activities outside school. You can go on a date, hang out with your friends, find a girlfriend, eat at the restaurant, learn more about your friends, you can do part time jobs, read books, make lunch, etc. This makes the game just real and we can relate it to our life as well.
    - Music! Shoji Meguro is definitely a genius. He writes most of the songs for the Megami Tensei series and yes, this game has addictive music. The battle music, theme song, background music, it's just awesome. It makes you enjoy the game more than ever.
    - Persona 4 The Golden is like a complete edition of Persona 4. At first i thought just some extra scene and a little upgrade. I was wrong. The new shuffle system, extra scene of going skiing, going to beach, festival & stuffs? It's just awesome. New social link like Marie and her true story? That's just awesome. This is my 2nd time playing it and i'm still amazed by the new contents. Costumes, Riding Bike, 3rd Evolution. Epilogue showing how's your friend a year later, & etc. Thumbs up Atlus, just...awesome.

Minus Point:
    - Seriously? None. But if i have to point it out. You can get the "True" True Ending only if you play it the 2nd time. Well, most people would love to play it again. But not for me, uh-uh. I don't like playing the whole game for the 2nd time. But by playing it the 2nd time, that means you can get the other Social Link that you haven't got the first time. Well it's all about perspective though.

After all i REALLY....REALLY recommend you to buy this game if you own a Vita. This game is a masterpiece and you GOT to have this game. 10/10, nuff said & just grab the f*cking game.
  16. Jul 24, 2014
    I'm usually not one for JRPGS. I'm terrible at micromanaging and have a tendency to not see a 60 hour campaign to its entirety. That being said, Persona 4 Golden is one of my favorite RPGs ever. I haven't felt this strongly about a group of characters since Mass Effect 2. This game alone is worth buying a Vita for.
  17. Jul 25, 2014
    One of the greatest RPGs of all time. As you get lost in its intriguing plot, you will try to balance the silent protagonist's social life with challenging dungeon crawling. Polished gameplay, colourful characters and a wonderful soundtrack make this an unforgettable experience.
  18. Sep 9, 2014
    One of the best if not the best RPG of all time. The characters, npcs and setting is unmatched. The story is a believable masterpiece with lot of plot twists and multiple endings. All characters fell alive and have their own stories / personalities. The game-play is a mixture of rpg and daily live sim. Your decisions matter. You can make friends (= gain additional / better abilities), workOne of the best if not the best RPG of all time. The characters, npcs and setting is unmatched. The story is a believable masterpiece with lot of plot twists and multiple endings. All characters fell alive and have their own stories / personalities. The game-play is a mixture of rpg and daily live sim. Your decisions matter. You can make friends (= gain additional / better abilities), work (= make money), learn for school (better exam results) and much more. Except for some events it is totally up to you. For me this game alone is a reason to buy a vita. Expand
  19. Sep 16, 2014
    Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likreMore like morePlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likreMore like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre Expand
  20. Jun 29, 2013
    Its a huge STEP UP! after playing persona 3 portable. Its also the deepest series in a franchise I ever played. I hope new fans of the franchise will stick to Atlus and see what news they have to offer.
  21. Nov 21, 2012
    I never really got the chance to play the original of Persona 4 for the PS2. I have however played Persona 3 FES for the PS2, as well as bought P3P for my Vita on the PS Store. I loved Persona 3 everything from the cast of characters, to the upbeat but lovable music. Persona 3 had a very lovable and unique quality that made it stand out among the JRPG lineup on the ps2. Once I heard thatI never really got the chance to play the original of Persona 4 for the PS2. I have however played Persona 3 FES for the PS2, as well as bought P3P for my Vita on the PS Store. I loved Persona 3 everything from the cast of characters, to the upbeat but lovable music. Persona 3 had a very lovable and unique quality that made it stand out among the JRPG lineup on the ps2. Once I heard that Persona 4 was coming to the Vita, It was like a godsend. There's a slew of new content on this remastered game. Persona 4 takes everything that you loved about the previous game and improved even further so. The graphics are now top notch, and it proves to be one of the best games the Vita has to offer. This game is nothing less than perfect for JRPG fans, a godsend if you will for those of us who have been waiting for a JRPG to hit our Vita's. We can only hope to see more of the genre hit our favorite handheld in the near future. Expand
  22. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is EXACTLY what the vita needs right now. A great game that actually gives vita owners what they paid for. Everything about this game is PERFECTION!
  23. Jan 25, 2013
    If I could give it an 11 out of 10 I would. I rarely beat games that have more than 50 hours of game play, I beat this one twice totaling 150 hours. The story was fun, the game play was well done (I did play it one step above "normal though") and the choices you make actually did matter.
  24. Nov 23, 2012
    I honestly can say that Persona 4 has to be of the greatest RPGS ever made if not the one of the best games ever created.... With that being said I would have to put this up with any final fantasy ever made including FINAL FANTASY 7. So yeah I definitely think you should buy this game if you haven't already.
  25. Tay
    Nov 20, 2012
    It's never helpful when people recklessly rate a game a perfect 10/10. My score (10) comes after playing many hours and being consistently amazed by the depth of gameplay, the unique and fun content new for the Vita system, the AMAZING visuals, and care put into the game.

The Persona games may not be right for everybody, but as for me: P4G is the best RPG I've played in the last 12 months. It's an AMAZING game and worth every point I gave it.
  26. Nov 20, 2012
    I just started playing this game today and it is amazing! The style is so entertaining, the story is great and the music is some of the best music ever in any game. It is a must play!
  27. Nov 24, 2012
    currently the only reason to own a vita. This game takes the ps2 version and just improves everything. Nothing was taken out and even more stuff put in. More Links, more personas, more cutscreens, more voice acting, more everything.
  28. Nov 23, 2012
    In hard mode this game is amazing, your have to be very tactical and cant make a wrong move, I like challenging games like this. The music is great, my favourite is "back of the TV", and "Magatsu Inaba" theme. The story is excellent, its one of those games where you keep going even into the night, just for the story. i dont want to ruin if for you, but I will just say the story is on theIn hard mode this game is amazing, your have to be very tactical and cant make a wrong move, I like challenging games like this. The music is great, my favourite is "back of the TV", and "Magatsu Inaba" theme. The story is excellent, its one of those games where you keep going even into the night, just for the story. i dont want to ruin if for you, but I will just say the story is on the same level as "Death Note" and "Gladiator" . I thought the social link system is very unique, it made me feel like I am the character. Buy this game, and you wont regret it. 10/10. Expand
  29. Jan 17, 2013
    This game is amazing ever heard a till a week ago. I though all JRPG was stupid with crazy cheesy stories and boring gameplay but not Persona 4 I played 12 hours of it and I can't stop. Simply the better game on the vita, no the better game on anything handheld period. If this game was $100 I still buy it. It's awesome a 100 hours game and a new game plus with a different ending my gameThis game is amazing ever heard a till a week ago. I though all JRPG was stupid with crazy cheesy stories and boring gameplay but not Persona 4 I played 12 hours of it and I can't stop. Simply the better game on the vita, no the better game on anything handheld period. If this game was $100 I still buy it. It's awesome a 100 hours game and a new game plus with a different ending my game favorite game of all time. The 14 people who dislike this game on metacritic I going to slap you all cross your **** ass head Expand
  30. Nov 20, 2012
    how can any one waste this great game the story is very impressive and the graphics too i really love this game and i can not play my ps all stars battle royal because of this game
  31. Nov 24, 2012
    What can I say? This game was a head to head on P3 in the PS2 era, but this version makes it the best in the SMT series, even more than the spin off, Catherine! P4G marks the full beginning of the Vita era, that hopefully will get more outstanding JRPGs as this masterpiece...
  32. Nov 21, 2012
    Persona 4..where to start? Let me just say that the game is quite possibly the most original thing you'll ever find yourself playing story wise, a TV world that you travel in to to fight monsters? Encounter shadow forms of your inner self? Awesome!

Atlus has utterly perfected an already perfect game with Golden, the new features like being able to go out at night and giving you more months to play with add so much to an already long game, the combat is incredibly fun, and the music? Don't get me started, sublime.

Persona 4 is by far my favourite game ever, and not only that, is currently leaps and bounds the greatest game on the vita system. The vita's saving grace is here, tune in to the midnight channel tonight!
  33. Nov 20, 2012
    Persona 4 Golden ! golden .... really gold, you can name it , best vita game ever. Vita was lacking RPG games, unfortunately Ragnarok Odysee was quiet disappointing and only game was to pick up so far was Disgaea 3. Well the w8t is over, Persona 4 is released in English. Persona 4 is not the usually RPG game. The gameplay mechanism is divided between a Classic RPG game and life simulationPersona 4 Golden ! golden .... really gold, you can name it , best vita game ever. Vita was lacking RPG games, unfortunately Ragnarok Odysee was quiet disappointing and only game was to pick up so far was Disgaea 3. Well the w8t is over, Persona 4 is released in English. Persona 4 is not the usually RPG game. The gameplay mechanism is divided between a Classic RPG game and life simulation where you meet people and you go through your daily life just like a high school student. Compare to PS2 version there are tones of new exteras here, hours and hours of new story, new locations to explore and hang out and many other things that I do not want to spoil for the fans. The gameplay is really addicting and even after few years still it feels fresh and innovating, Graphics are however a bit date but overall the color scheme is beautiful and the boosted graphics are good enough for the vita screen not perfect. Persona gives you about 100 hours of gameplay and it worth every single penny u spend on this game. The game has console like production values and its no difference with a console game. Its shame to see the game is not available to be released on other regions untill 2013 but u can import it. no online pass ! I have to say Atlus has done an excellent job and if u ask me .... this is the best game ever published for vita. highly recommended for every vita lover n Persona series fan :) Expand
  34. Nov 22, 2012
    I have been a big Persona fan since the first 2 installments was released on Playstation1 many years ago, and even though I liked the uniqe dungeon qrawel elements in the originals featured I really enjoyed the new sim and persona elements of number 3 and 4 when they were released. I have played them alot, and would honestly prefer it if Atlus focused on making Persona 5 instead of so manyI have been a big Persona fan since the first 2 installments was released on Playstation1 many years ago, and even though I liked the uniqe dungeon qrawel elements in the originals featured I really enjoyed the new sim and persona elements of number 3 and 4 when they were released. I have played them alot, and would honestly prefer it if Atlus focused on making Persona 5 instead of so many remakes. Its a damn great nonthereless, whom all should play, if they are a fan of JRPG style games! Expand
  35. Dec 29, 2012
    Easily the best game for the PlayStation Vita and a strong contender for the best game of the year. Persona 4 Golden is a diamond in the rough of 2012.
  36. Feb 21, 2013
    When I heard a kickass RPG was coming to the Vita I was ecstatic, especially since it is an area that needed filling in the Vita's library. I watched reviews, felt the buzz of the USA and of the Japanese audience; then finally I gave in and imported it and this is my review of the game. Will it be Golden or will it be the coal in your stockings?

The Verdict: Persona 4 Golden takes one

The Verdict: Persona 4 Golden takes one of the best RPG's of all time and makes it even better, adding hours of bonus content for the player to enjoy. This is a highly recommended purchase and is one of the most enjoyable games of the last year. It is definitely worth buying for those dedicated Vita owners. Over 80 90 hours for the first play through of the game, which is great for those who search for longevity in a game, but it might be daunting to those who wish to sink in less hours as the game has a quite slow start. Interesting Combat that keeps your mind constantly thinking of how to stratergise. School life has never been so fun Great Voice acting, Witty Dialogue and effective social links and stories. Addictive, be sure you haven't forgotten to go to work or school
    ! Not enough explanation of the fusion system for beginners Great, catchy tunes to nod along with as you play GAME STATUS: MUST BUY Game Score: 10/10 GOLDEN
  37. Nov 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely a well developed game with major enhancements, providing hours and hours of content ofr any Persona fan to enjoy! There is so much to talk about this game but I would like to focus on the characters, story, and music. The characters are clearly 3 dimensional, each having their flaws and inner selves they don't want to show to people. You feel like there's something about them that you didn't realize when you see them at first hand. However, getting to the inner core of the human psyche, it's quite fascinating. Next, story. Story is perhaps the most important thing when it comes to Persona games. It starts off with a transfer student from the city moves to Inaba for a year and finds out there is something going in Inaba. Murders happening when the fog appears. Then everything builds off that and really goes into depth the story and each character has their own part to share, even the protagonist. Finally, the music. The music has some new additions. Way different from the original Persona 4 but once I got to listening to the soundtrack, it was really enjoyable. Really liked how they didn't try to rearrange the score throughout the majority of the game. I would recommend this game to any JRPG player who needs something to do for a while. Expand
  38. Jan 17, 2013
    Unfortunately much easier than the original. Part of the fun of the original game was the difficulty of the major bosses and especially the final boss. This game managed to make it even easier to level up and dominate every single boss. I loved overwhelmingly the new additions to the game, but not a lowering of the difficulty.
  39. Jul 21, 2013
    The first time I heard about persona 4 was from a friend who watched persona 4 the animation and convinced me to watch it, needless to say I was hooked and when I heard it was based on a game I had to buy it. Getting persona 4 Golden was the best decision I made. This game has to be the best JRPG I have ever played in my life I am hooked. I definitely recommend this for anyone who is into JRPG
  40. Dec 12, 2012
    Persona 4 Golden is a must have if you have a PlayStation Vita. This game hardly feels like a remake of the original game.
  41. Nov 21, 2012
    I picked this game up based on positive reviews. The way the game was described made me very interested. I loved my PS1 and PS2 because of all of the wonderful JRPG games. When I had a PS1, I picked up Final Fantasy IX and thought it was the best one in the series and enjoyed it even more that FFVII! It is sad that so many others missed this game because it was released when the PS2 wasI picked this game up based on positive reviews. The way the game was described made me very interested. I loved my PS1 and PS2 because of all of the wonderful JRPG games. When I had a PS1, I picked up Final Fantasy IX and thought it was the best one in the series and enjoyed it even more that FFVII! It is sad that so many others missed this game because it was released when the PS2 was already out. The same is true for Persona 4 I guess. It was released in 2008, long after I even thought about my PS2. I am grateful that they decided to remaster and re-release this amazing game. I am about 4 hours in and I had trouble putting it down. It is epic. The game is a combination of traditional turn based strategy, anime cartoon story, and scooby doo style mystery solving. Another all time favorite game of mine is Shenmue and this game shares some of the best elements of that game for me. You get to explore town, have social interaction with others, go to shops, and everything is based on time, so when you go back to your house, you end the day by going to sleep in your bed. The game constantly gives you decisions to make that will affect the outcome of the game kind of like mass effect. This could encourage me to replay the game very easily. The graphics aren't as impressive as uncharted for the vita or other games of that caliber, but it is pretty because of the art style. Kind of how World of Warcraft was able to stand the test of time without looking very dated. The anime cutscenes also look great on the Vita's sharp screen. Finally, I will talk about the audio. There is already a massive amount of voice acting I have come across and haven't even scratched the surface from what I understand. (I hear it can take up to 100 hours to play through the game if you take your time). And the music is soooooo catchy!!! I listen to mostly rock and hate pop, but this J Pop that they play is great! You know it is good if you start humming the songs in your head. All in all, I am impressed so much that I put down the game to write my opinion on this game. That says a lot. I cannot stress enough how much you should play this game. Go buy it! Expand
  42. Jan 10, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden, is a very clean and crisp Action-Fighting game for the PS Vita, akin to the likes of BlazBlue and Street Fighter. Very good game, can't wait for more.
  43. Jun 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Coming from a hardcore Final Fantasy fan, you're immediately comfortable with this game, even if the elements aren't all the same. Its a great game overall and very fun to play but am I the only one slightly annoyed by the fact it took 3 or 4 people in the TV for the group of kids to finally catch on that something wasn't right? Also, whats up with the game only having like 5 songs that play at random throughout the game. I thought the tracks were overall pretty great even with the singer's broken english/accent but i swear if i hear "Heartbreak, Heartbeat you tell me goo-bye" one more time i'm going to go nuts. LOL, other than that its a solid game, I would definitely recommend it to any JRPG fan. Expand
  44. Aug 22, 2013
    Do you have a PSVita, and into JRPGs? If you said yes to both, Then GET IT!
    I just finished it then, but yea, 'don't think', just get it, you won't regret it...
  45. Jan 20, 2014
    I tried very, very hard to like this game but I just couldn't. Japenese RPGs are my go to genre and this disappointed me, especially with all the fantastic reviews I saw.

It's different than your usual RPG, which is good, but there is too much going on and I never knew how to spend my time "correctly". I wasn't sure when to level for the next dungeon, and if I was under levelled I had to go back in time a week after my game ended.

The battle system was classic and solid but I hated not being able to leave a dungeon to heal. If you do it skips ahead a day which makes it so you can't do other daily things like raising your social links and such.

The story and characters gripped me however. The story and characters you meet are deep and interesting, for the most part.

I will try playing again one day, but be prepared for something very different. Great ideas, but just not for me.
  46. UCA
    May 8, 2014
    It's a diffcult game. But I think this game is too simple because you really only can be two skills, dodge an attack and attack with your weapon or magic.
  47. Nov 21, 2012
    i dont write reviews much, but this game is too awesome not to review it
    i played persona 3 fes on psp and loves the crap out of it, but persona 4 is even better
    dont know how they managed it, all i know is that ima spend countless hours playing this
    this is the reason to get vita lol
  48. Mar 26, 2014
    To sum up, P4G is 90% book and 10% gameplay. The writing and characterization is really good, I won't argue that, but as a GAME it is pretty bad. The gameplay consists are very generic and shallow turn based battles with no unique features. That is literally all the gameplay this game contains. Like I said, if all you want is a 100 hour visual novel to simulate the popular high schoolTo sum up, P4G is 90% book and 10% gameplay. The writing and characterization is really good, I won't argue that, but as a GAME it is pretty bad. The gameplay consists are very generic and shallow turn based battles with no unique features. That is literally all the gameplay this game contains. Like I said, if all you want is a 100 hour visual novel to simulate the popular high school experience and go out on dates with virtual girls, go ahead and get this game, but if you want an actual GAME, stay far away. Everything is there to serve the (EXTREMELY predictable plot, I guessed the ending after 10 hours), and honestly, the game is boring. I like books as much as the next guy, but this game is literally a book with some bad combat thrown in. Expand
  49. Oct 2, 2013
    The storyline people have been raving about...well it's not that great. While it is unique and a different take than the average RPG, which I am very glad for, it's got a lot of boring and infuriating elements to it.

The "heroes" of the story are the least heroic heroes ever. "Eh, let's wait a week to save that guy." "No need to rush in." "Let's stop and discuss this." There's really no men of action on the entire team and it's annoying.

Then there's the high school drama part. If you like those cheesy Japanese anime comedy/dramas, ok then you'll love that. I for one hated it and found it a waste of time.

The gameplay is a mix of a typical turn-based RPG and a Japanese dating sim. So again, if you like Japanese dating sims, amazing game for you...not so much for me. I do like the combat though, the persona system is pretty cool, it's a lot like Devil Summoner (another game by the same people with a better storyline) but in pure old school RPG format.

Voice acting is good, graphics are OK, some of the music is good.

It's a good time-waster, but hardly deserves the overwhelming praise it receives.
  50. Oct 11, 2013
    I like JRPGs but this just wasn't my cup of tea. The game is beautiful and the sound is awesome. But progressing Personas through the social link system made me cringe. The 4 hour tutorial was a little much even though it eased me into the game. But if you like building relationships with people in general you'll have a blast.
  51. Dec 14, 2013
    The game has long stretches of gameplay without save points and I've had it hang twice now on certain menu screens. I've lost about 12 hours of time due to this bug, and I'm absolutely disgusted that this was allowed to be put into the final product.
  52. Apr 17, 2013
    Keep in mind that I never played a persona game before. However, I love turn based rpgs. And yes, I realize that this game was made in 2008.

Personally I find much of the game mechanics namely the "sim" part tedious and the game was way too long for its own good. The game expects you to get along and get to know these characters as strong as your friends. However, These characters were two dimensional and uninteresting. Many of the plot points were obvious making the reveal of the mystery feel unsatisfying. Many of the abilities and spells' names were too complicated. I wish the naming of each ability was short and was straight to the point. For example Bufu ice?, agi fire??? The progression in the beggining dragged on and felt slow. Then all of the sudden throws many options of what you can do to spend your time all at once. I also, dislike games that rushes me to do things at a certain date such as majora's mask.

Things I liked
    I liked the abilities that used hp as if it was mana. Being able to Down enemies and follow up with an all-out-attack. I also liked the "1 more" function as well.
  53. Mar 22, 2013
    Questo porting migliorato di persona 4, iconico capitolo della serie nato alla fine del ciclo vitale di ps2 e oggetto l’anno passato di un adattamento anime, si appresta a portare su Vita un’avventura JRPG a metà fra investigazioni, soprannaturale e slice of life, con numerose aggiunte fra cui nuove Persona evocabili dai protagonisti, tanti eventi aggiuntivi ed un nuovo personaggio creatoQuesto porting migliorato di persona 4, iconico capitolo della serie nato alla fine del ciclo vitale di ps2 e oggetto l’anno passato di un adattamento anime, si appresta a portare su Vita un’avventura JRPG a metà fra investigazioni, soprannaturale e slice of life, con numerose aggiunte fra cui nuove Persona evocabili dai protagonisti, tanti eventi aggiuntivi ed un nuovo personaggio creato ad hoc. http://blackops2.altervista.org/guida-ita-persona-4-golden-in-italiano/ Expand
  54. Nov 6, 2014
    This is hereby my favorite game on the PS VITA, the story is amazing, the characters are well done and the RPG elements are well implemented. It has all the elements from Persona 4, more events and an extra character. I have played this game start to finish 5 times already..... Yeah, its that good.
  55. Feb 26, 2015
    This was a good and game on the PS2, and now this is a great game on the PS Vita, perhaps the best game so far on the PS Vita. Playing this game is like reading a long and interesting book. Many interesting interactions with the characters and a very interesting case to solve. The game has many stuff to do, to keep you interested the whole gameplay. This game has opened my eyes that JRPGThis was a good and game on the PS2, and now this is a great game on the PS Vita, perhaps the best game so far on the PS Vita. Playing this game is like reading a long and interesting book. Many interesting interactions with the characters and a very interesting case to solve. The game has many stuff to do, to keep you interested the whole gameplay. This game has opened my eyes that JRPG is still growing strong. This is not a game for people who dislike reading though, for this game has many words. Expand
  56. Apr 18, 2015
    This is what a HD remake/port should be.

P4G offers everything that P4 did but adds and improves on it. The HD visuals are just gorgeous. The gameplay is even better this time around as they have made a few tweaks that are clearly done in response to P4 fan feedback. The additional characters and events do feel a little disjointed from the narrative, they are still a welcome
    This is what a HD remake/port should be.

P4G offers everything that P4 did but adds and improves on it.

The additional characters and events do feel a little disjointed from the narrative, they are still a welcome addition.

There's not much else I can say that wasn't already said in my P4 review.

Overall:
    Persona 4 Golden is officially my favorite game (at time of writing this.) It is well worth buying PS Vita just for this game. To date, this is the only game I will score a perfect 10, since from my point of view, this game is perfect.

Side Note:
    Why this version of P4G has not gotten a PS3/PS4 port is beyond me. I know that I, and countless others, would buy it again in a heartbeat.
  57. Jan 21, 2015
    really great game. It's a fun but hard game. Even on normal you can die a lot. The story is great and the s link mini story is great s links not only for story some s links can give you more experience when fusing a persona. character s links can make it so they can help a downed ally or get rid of a status aliment or even block a mortal blow for you. the mini s link story are also greatreally great game. It's a fun but hard game. Even on normal you can die a lot. The story is great and the s link mini story is great s links not only for story some s links can give you more experience when fusing a persona. character s links can make it so they can help a downed ally or get rid of a status aliment or even block a mortal blow for you. the mini s link story are also great really giving the characters depth and character development without pushing the story on you. Combat is also good with the weakness system found in most shin megami games. gives more depth and makes sure you don't keep rapidly press x even weaker foes still require some strategy and it makes blocking really useful sine it can take a lot of damage and makes sure you don't get exploited for weakness. Fusing personas is also addicting and you can spend a lot of time in there. So my conclusion for this game is that it's a great game and anyone who just got a ps vita and loves anime and manga go get this game but for most of you who own a ps vita for a long time, you've already gotten the game and beaten it. Expand
  58. Sep 11, 2014
    One of the very few games which I give a perfect score to, Persona 4 Golden has made it onto my list of all time favorite games, a list which is usually only dominated by nostalgia! The Vita version of this classic PS2 jRPG includes a new "true" ending to the story as well as a new "bad" ending, an updated soundtrack, and new social links. The game itself plays like a detective RPG. Set inOne of the very few games which I give a perfect score to, Persona 4 Golden has made it onto my list of all time favorite games, a list which is usually only dominated by nostalgia! The Vita version of this classic PS2 jRPG includes a new "true" ending to the story as well as a new "bad" ending, an updated soundtrack, and new social links. The game itself plays like a detective RPG. Set in the small town of Inaba, the player goes through a year making friends and investigating a string of murder cases which upset the tranquility of your new town. The gameplay sports an intuitive turn based battle system where your relationship to your fellow party members can determine the actions they may take in battle. The tried and true turn-based gameplay which jRPGs are so famous for is enhanced through the amazing vocal soundtrack which seems to bounce in beat with your party and keep even the most mundane of fights feeling exciting. In the game you can collect various "Personas" which level up and learn new moves as they progress. Fusion of these personas is also extremely handy to create powerful new personas and give you and your allies a wide range of tactics to employ. The story in the game is absolutely top notch, from each ending and each social link you gather an extremely in depth and developed view of each of the many major characters in the game. The mystery keeps you guessing who the killer is, and the social aspects of the game allow you to become extremely connected to the various characters who all have their share of very human character flaws. When not dungeon crawling, you are able to control the daily life of the main character and choose your path through Inaba. From when to complete homework, where you want to work as a part time job, and even if you feel like going to bed early, there are plenty of options which the game offers. Persona 4 Golden is an experience I won't soon forget, the title lends credence to the quality of the game. It is quite Golden, and as such deserves a 10/10 Expand
  59. May 20, 2015
    one of the best JRPG all the time for me the AMAZING gameplay system the story and the soundtracks the interfaces everything is perfect about this game i just loved it that much i highly recommend it for jrpg fans its a MUST
  60. Nov 12, 2014
    This game, without a doubt, is one of the best games I have ever played. The lenght of the game is extensive. The music is well crafted and uniqu to the game. The battle system is smooth and engaging. Where this game truely shines is in the voice acting and character development. Persona 4 Golden has the player (or at least me) truely caring and feeling for the various characters. TheThis game, without a doubt, is one of the best games I have ever played. The lenght of the game is extensive. The music is well crafted and uniqu to the game. The battle system is smooth and engaging. Where this game truely shines is in the voice acting and character development. Persona 4 Golden has the player (or at least me) truely caring and feeling for the various characters. The characters can be funny, dramatic, annoying, persistent and a vast arrary of other qualities. The development team produced well rounded protagonists with quite a bit of depth. Everything about this game shines and it deserves to be played. ATLUS is a company that has been producing quality and this is a fine example. Enjoy. Expand
  61. Nov 20, 2014
    Best JRPG off all time perfect characters and story...................................................................................................
  62. Nov 25, 2014
    Took me 100 hours to finish and my only criticism is that it isn't long enough. It's worth buying a vita for and I'm not even a RPG fan, never mind JRPGs.
  63. Dec 3, 2014
    Wish I could give it a 9.8.

Amazing cast, Amazing visuals, Amazing story, Amazing writing and character development just overall amazing.

I did feel some of the grinding however and no classic form of entertainment should feel like work at any point.
  64. Dec 24, 2014
    I've heard so many great things about the Persona series from my friends at school and I've never played a Persona game myself but needed a new PS Vita game to play so I was like "Why not give Persona 4 Golden a Try?". I spent only $20 at Gamestop and I think it was well worth it to buy. Anyways, the animations are absolutely beautiful and stunning. I do admit that you do have to play forI've heard so many great things about the Persona series from my friends at school and I've never played a Persona game myself but needed a new PS Vita game to play so I was like "Why not give Persona 4 Golden a Try?". I spent only $20 at Gamestop and I think it was well worth it to buy. Anyways, the animations are absolutely beautiful and stunning. I do admit that you do have to play for a while to get to certain save points but it gives you enough to take breaks when you're not playing the game. What got me hooked into this game was that you can build relationships with other people and you can have them as teammates when you battle. The battle system is set up like a Final Fantasy game sort of thing. The cutscenes are pretty long but the plot will keep you hooked on to the game. I played three hours of gameplay and it didn't even feel like three hours. The game itself I heard is about 60+ hours which is longer than a lot of PS Vita games out there and it will keep you occupied if you have nothing to do. So if you need a new PS Vita game with an intriguing storyline, awesome gameplay and a nice battle system I highly recommend this game. Expand
  65. Dec 29, 2014
    with Persona u can never worry about the experience going down it will always be better because each new franchise they add more features and listen to what really annoy the gamers and delete it.

I"m sure that every JRPG gamer will love it, because the gameplay is really cool,Fun and easy with a huge selection of powers and magic attacks they give u the choice to make the best team

with a huge selection of powers and magic attacks they give u the choice to make the best team that suit ur style .
    the game has multiple endings based on your choices which is cool because u make ur own story
  66. Feb 22, 2015
    Persona 4 is the epitome of a game gone 'perfect.' It bears no flaws, and shows no sign of incompetency; it reeks of polish. This is no more evident than in the game's fantastic presentation. Menu's sparkle, character-art pops and the music fits each mood perfectly. The gameplay is split into two separate parts, combat and socializing. During most months a schoolmate of yours will bePersona 4 is the epitome of a game gone 'perfect.' It bears no flaws, and shows no sign of incompetency; it reeks of polish. This is no more evident than in the game's fantastic presentation. Menu's sparkle, character-art pops and the music fits each mood perfectly. The gameplay is split into two separate parts, combat and socializing. During most months a schoolmate of yours will be kidnapped and thrown into a mysterious TV world and it will be your responsibility to head into the TV world and rescue them. Inside you will battle hideous creatures known as 'shadows' the rejected emotions we all carry within ourselves personified. The combat's surface-level simplicity actually makes the overall experience much deeper and more strategic. There are clearly layed out attacks, and very few complications. (Fire-attack, wind-attack, physical-attack,) but that means that instead of focusing on move-advantage during combat you focus on the general strategies at play. It's up to you to decide on how you want each battle to play out, since almost all enemies in the game can be killed near instantly most well placed attacks will do it. But since you too can die near instantaneously it can often be a difficult decision between deciding whether or not you want to go all in and rush a battle and risk a misstep and getting hammered, or playing it safe and risk drawing the battle on for far too long. The game is merciless, which is made no more evident than in the boss fights, where it feels like more of a game of 'how many walls can I put between my enemy and me?' It's a well thought out survival. The second portion of the game comes in these 'socializing' sections. The game has a heavy theme based around friendship, and it is the bonds you forge with others that make you more powerful. This may seem like a cheesy idea but it's handled with such maturity and such depth that it feels more than just your typical 'friendship is magic' type trope. So when you're not battling shadows, you're usually trying to power up your social-links by spending time with your friends. Each time a schoolmate of yours is kidnapped you only have a limited amount of time to save them, and it's completely up to you on how to spend that time. Preparation is key, but so is relaxation. One day you may be training, than buying equipment, hanging out with friends... and then another day you might be fishing or gardening for life-saving vegetables. The story is expertly written, with likable characters, an interesting villain and a massive array of plot-twists and subtle themes including a particularly interesting conflict of ideologies near the end. I won't spoil any of it for you here though. All and all, everything looks nice, plays nice and sounds nice with the voice acting being a major highlight of the game. If you don't like RPGs, Persona is certainly not going to change your mind on that. It really is a typical turn-based rpg at its heart, but the surrounding elements are what make it flawless. Persona 4 Golden is certainly deserving of a perfect score; just, do yourself a favour and watch neither of the anime adaptions. They're terrible. Expand
  67. May 2, 2015
    This is hands down my favorite game of all time. It's not so much a game as an actual experience that just does a fantastic job of immersing you into its world, its characters, the story, everything. In the 95 hours it took me to finish it, I laughed, I cried, felt like a badass, summoned Helel, Satan, and Odin all in awesome, epic battles. There isn't really anything that I can find wrongThis is hands down my favorite game of all time. It's not so much a game as an actual experience that just does a fantastic job of immersing you into its world, its characters, the story, everything. In the 95 hours it took me to finish it, I laughed, I cried, felt like a badass, summoned Helel, Satan, and Odin all in awesome, epic battles. There isn't really anything that I can find wrong about this game. Everything from the story, characters, gameplay, and music is just fantastic. You owe it to yourself to play this game. Expand

1. Apr 18, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is part detective novel, part teenage simulation and part asian RPG – all being important pieces which combine to create some of the most memorable and entertaining moments I’ve ever had with a JRPG.
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden manages to make a classic JRPG even better. A definite buy for any Vita owners, and actually a good enough reason to justify the purchase of Sony's struggling handheld. [Apr 2013]
  3. Persona 4 Golden is a Tardis of a game. Initially, it seems cute and friendly and it hooks you with its murder mystery and time management focus. Once you get inside, it opens up exponentially, awing you with its scope. [March 2013, p76]