• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Nov 20, 2012
9.3

1. Nov 25, 2014
    Took me 100 hours to finish and my only criticism is that it isn't long enough. It's worth buying a vita for and I'm not even a RPG fan, never mind JRPGs.
  2. Nov 20, 2014
    Best JRPG off all time perfect characters and story...................................................................................................
  3. Nov 12, 2014
    This game, without a doubt, is one of the best games I have ever played. The lenght of the game is extensive. The music is well crafted and uniqu to the game. The battle system is smooth and engaging. Where this game truely shines is in the voice acting and character development. Persona 4 Golden has the player (or at least me) truely caring and feeling for the various characters. The characters can be funny, dramatic, annoying, persistent and a vast arrary of other qualities. The development team produced well rounded protagonists with quite a bit of depth. Everything about this game shines and it deserves to be played. ATLUS is a company that has been producing quality and this is a fine example. Enjoy. Expand
  4. Nov 6, 2014
    This is hereby my favorite game on the PS VITA, the story is amazing, the characters are well done and the RPG elements are well implemented. It has all the elements from Persona 4, more events and an extra character. I have played this game start to finish 5 times already..... Yeah, its that good.
  5. Sep 16, 2014
    Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likreMore like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre Expand
  6. Sep 11, 2014
    One of the very few games which I give a perfect score to, Persona 4 Golden has made it onto my list of all time favorite games, a list which is usually only dominated by nostalgia! The Vita version of this classic PS2 jRPG includes a new "true" ending to the story as well as a new "bad" ending, an updated soundtrack, and new social links. The game itself plays like a detective RPG. Set in the small town of Inaba, the player goes through a year making friends and investigating a string of murder cases which upset the tranquility of your new town. The gameplay sports an intuitive turn based battle system where your relationship to your fellow party members can determine the actions they may take in battle. The tried and true turn-based gameplay which jRPGs are so famous for is enhanced through the amazing vocal soundtrack which seems to bounce in beat with your party and keep even the most mundane of fights feeling exciting. In the game you can collect various "Personas" which level up and learn new moves as they progress. Fusion of these personas is also extremely handy to create powerful new personas and give you and your allies a wide range of tactics to employ. The story in the game is absolutely top notch, from each ending and each social link you gather an extremely in depth and developed view of each of the many major characters in the game. The mystery keeps you guessing who the killer is, and the social aspects of the game allow you to become extremely connected to the various characters who all have their share of very human character flaws. When not dungeon crawling, you are able to control the daily life of the main character and choose your path through Inaba. From when to complete homework, where you want to work as a part time job, and even if you feel like going to bed early, there are plenty of options which the game offers. Persona 4 Golden is an experience I won't soon forget, the title lends credence to the quality of the game. It is quite Golden, and as such deserves a 10/10 Expand
  7. Sep 9, 2014
    One of the best if not the best RPG of all time. The characters, npcs and setting is unmatched. The story is a believable masterpiece with lot of plot twists and multiple endings. All characters fell alive and have their own stories / personalities. The game-play is a mixture of rpg and daily live sim. Your decisions matter. You can make friends (= gain additional / better abilities), work (= make money), learn for school (better exam results) and much more. Except for some events it is totally up to you. For me this game alone is a reason to buy a vita. Expand
  8. Aug 24, 2014
    To define the word perfection and the idea of a perfect game would be simply PERSONA 4 GOLDEN. I had always looked down upon JRPGs and never understood their appeal even though I watch anime and read manga. I finally took the chance of buying a vita just for this game and would like to say that this has blown me away. This has imo the best characters ever in any video game, I am truly in love and would have to admit that I was in tears when the game ended.
    English voice acting is also perfect (maybe minus Teddie) and the humour is amazing. I have since bought the DVD's, the art-book and also the ps3 once again so I can play the other Persona games. 70+ hours in one week, beautiful game and would love to thank Atlus for introducing me to this genre.
  9. Aug 18, 2014
    This is by far the 2nd best game i have ever played(best being Jet Set Radio) i had never played an ATLUS game before i played Persona 4 Golden. i never thought going through high school would be so much fun. the characters all had amazing back stories, and Persona 4 Golden teaches you alot about life, people and just emotions in general. its one of the few games that was able to bring a tear to my eye, and the only story id say was better was that of the anime Clannad. Expand
  10. Jul 25, 2014
    One of the greatest RPGs of all time. As you get lost in its intriguing plot, you will try to balance the silent protagonist's social life with challenging dungeon crawling. Polished gameplay, colourful characters and a wonderful soundtrack make this an unforgettable experience.
  11. Jul 24, 2014
    I'm usually not one for JRPGS. I'm terrible at micromanaging and have a tendency to not see a 60 hour campaign to its entirety. That being said, Persona 4 Golden is one of my favorite RPGs ever. I haven't felt this strongly about a group of characters since Mass Effect 2. This game alone is worth buying a Vita for.
  12. Jul 23, 2014
    This is a great game. The story is unpredictable which keeps it interesting as well as the strategic combat. It does a great job getting you invested in all of the characters through their back stories and just hanging out with them. Not many games can make you laugh like this game and then make you this sad too. It definitely lives up to all the hype and exceeded my expectations for it. Highly Recommend!!! Expand
  13. Jul 16, 2014
    A lot of games interest me for a few hours and then ultimately lose me. I never return. P4G has been an exception. 25+ hours into the game and it still feels fresh. Sure, some of the dialogue is hokey and borderline offensive, but the game still has charm. Looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds.
  14. Jul 9, 2014
    10/10 el mejor juego de todos jeje es neta no mames este juego es una vergototota asi de 8 kilometros para dentro de tu cola asi bien gigantesca y venosa y peluda, asi bien brillante vhorreando semen asi cccfffrchfhrfhrcfhr ssacando fuego, no mames comprenlo o pirateenselo sin un unos plebs **** jodidos de mierda pero en serio no se deberian perder esta maravilla, si tienes cancer o sida o cualquie rotra enfermedad terminal y ya te vas a morir, jugar este juego es la ultima cosa que debes hacer en tu miserable existencia Expand
  15. Jul 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One struggles to put into words the superb quality of this game. Brilliant story full of twist and turns, humorous dialogues, loveable characters that make social links worth maxing out, and strategical RPG gameplay that really makes the player choose their moves carefully all are the ingredients that helped make this game the wonder that it is. Challenge is also there with increasingly difficult boss and enemy battles and with time management in maxing out all social links before a year has been and gone. I have played this game four times over and enjoyed just as much each time, with secrets after the player's first playthrough such as hidden bosses. By far, one of the best games on the PS Vita and definitely one to pick up. Expand
  16. Jun 30, 2014
    Just finished Persona 4 The Golden last night. I must admit that this game is a MASTERPIECE. I'll say it upfront, i'm giving this game a 10/10. I enjoyed the game very much.

The story about a young boy who was sent to live with his uncle in the countryside, Inaba Town. He will have to live there for a year. The first time he arrived, lots of rumor about the midnight channel and people
    missing. What exactly happened in Inaba & what's our hero role in all of this? Play and find it out.

Plus point:
    - This game has like every aspect to make the game enjoyable. First of all, a strong main story. I mean yeah, you are a high schooler who is a student at days while playing the role of a guy who can summon persona and whack the ass of Shadows? That's pretty much cool. And not just that, we got lines of strong supporting characters. You could unfold what happened in Inaba, searching for the truth or stop at the false truth, it's all up to you. Because the fate of the story is in your hand.
    - Social links & normal life! Supporting characters are not just supporting characters, you can actually bond with them and get extra side story. Our hero is a high school student, so it's just normal to have activities outside school. You can go on a date, hang out with your friends, find a girlfriend, eat at the restaurant, learn more about your friends, you can do part time jobs, read books, make lunch, etc. This makes the game just real and we can relate it to our life as well.
    - Music! Shoji Meguro is definitely a genius. He writes most of the songs for the Megami Tensei series and yes, this game has addictive music. The battle music, theme song, background music, it's just awesome. It makes you enjoy the game more than ever.
    - Persona 4 The Golden is like a complete edition of Persona 4. At first i thought just some extra scene and a little upgrade. I was wrong. The new shuffle system, extra scene of going skiing, going to beach, festival & stuffs? It's just awesome. New social link like Marie and her true story? That's just awesome. This is my 2nd time playing it and i'm still amazed by the new contents. Costumes, Riding Bike, 3rd Evolution. Epilogue showing how's your friend a year later, & etc. Thumbs up Atlus, just...awesome.

Minus Point:
    - Seriously? None. But if i have to point it out. You can get the "True" True Ending only if you play it the 2nd time. Well, most people would love to play it again. But not for me, uh-uh. I don't like playing the whole game for the 2nd time. But by playing it the 2nd time, that means you can get the other Social Link that you haven't got the first time. Well it's all about perspective though.

After all i REALLY....REALLY recommend you to buy this game if you own a Vita. This game is a masterpiece and you GOT to have this game. 10/10, nuff said & just grab the f*cking game.
  17. Jun 14, 2014
    As a kid, i was hooked on jRPGS like Final fantasy 1-9, Chrono Trigger, Shining force, Breath of Fire etc. At some point, when i finished breath of fire IV (which is awesome, i recommend) i stopped playing jRPGs. They have a feel about them that is too familiar, and more or less, the same. I don't get that feeling with persona. It's new, refreshing and a role-playing aspect of an ROLE PLAY GAME (RPG). Characters are well developed, and that is the accent of the game. Fighting has some cool mechanics, and that is fine too. Game feels like a mix between final fantasy, monster rancher and life simulator. It is weird, i give you that, but it kinda works. It works better than anyone would expect. While today RPGs teach you that you can get ANYTHING you want if you grind long enough, talk to people etc... persona is not like that. It gives you options and it's up to you how you'll play your "cards". Great story, great characters and amazing gameplay on great system. 10/10 Expand
  18. Jun 12, 2014
    A lot of people have asked me if it's worth buying a Vita, and my answer is always another question, 'Do you like JRPGs?" If yes, then Persona 4 Golden is the main reason to buy this system. I had never played a Persona game before, but the hype finally got to me, and I'll admit that I bought the system to play P4G. I have not had a single bit of buyer's remorse, because the game is fantastic. A beautiful story with many twists and turns, great fluid gameplay that never feels stiff (here's looking at you, Final Fantasy X...), and characters that will stick with you forever. There's a reason Persona 4 has sparked the most spinoffs, and it's because it's easily one of the best RPGs ever conceived. If you haven't played this game, do yourself a favor and buy it. Truly a game that lives up to the hype. Expand
  19. May 9, 2014
    This game is awesome! I am a big Persona fan and this remake hit the spot. The characters were enjoyable expect for a few people that were just **** The dialogue is brilliant the added character is awesome. The game is a grind fest which can be off putting but if you can look past that i recommend this game to anyone who has a ps vita.
  20. UCA
    May 8, 2014
    It's a diffcult game. But I think this game is too simple because you really only can be two skills, dodge an attack and attack with your weapon or magic.
  21. May 1, 2014
    the 1st reason I bought a PS VITA. Worth my money, time and praise. I love this game and because of that I love my VITA. I wish Atlus Would make a PERSONA exclusive game for vita.
  22. Apr 7, 2014
    one of my all time favorite games! the vita version is by far a huge improvement on the ps2 version, if you haven't played this yet I recommend you do! it's fantastic!
  23. Mar 26, 2014
    I bought this game last month and just got the platinum trophy yesterday, 120+ hours spent. This is the first time I've played Persona franchise and I found it impressive. You are free to take actions almost every day in the game and there are so many things you can do and may want to do. To be honest, exploring dungeons in this game is extremely tedious for me and I don't like the story at early stages which just simply repeats a similar pattern. However, these two "weak points" failed to stop me from completing the game because I had enough fun outside of them. Expand
  24. Mar 26, 2014
    To sum up, P4G is 90% book and 10% gameplay. The writing and characterization is really good, I won't argue that, but as a GAME it is pretty bad. The gameplay consists are very generic and shallow turn based battles with no unique features. That is literally all the gameplay this game contains. Like I said, if all you want is a 100 hour visual novel to simulate the popular high school experience and go out on dates with virtual girls, go ahead and get this game, but if you want an actual GAME, stay far away. Everything is there to serve the (EXTREMELY predictable plot, I guessed the ending after 10 hours), and honestly, the game is boring. I like books as much as the next guy, but this game is literally a book with some bad combat thrown in. Expand
  25. Mar 20, 2014
    I never had the chance to play P4 on PS2. I first picked up Persona 2 for PSP on Vita and really liked it so i decided to give a go on the others too. So i bought P4G and a new era of JRPG loving started for me. This game is so deep both on a gameplay and a storytelling level that it made me wanna finish it 100% and do everything, a thing that i didn't usually do with JRPGs. It is a unique masterpiece among its kind that will be in the top ten games for years to come. Its a must for JRPG and anime fans, so don't hesitate. I cant wait for Persona 5!!!! I hope is as good or better but P4 has set the bar to high. Expand
  26. Mar 12, 2014
    Quite possibly the greatest game I've ever played. Story, characters, music, gameplay are all top notch. The characters are without a doubt the games strongest point. It would be impossible not to get attached. Must own for any PS Vita system.
  27. Mar 3, 2014
    I just want to start off by saying that I really wanted to give this game a 10/10.

Persona 4 Golden (or the original) is a wondrous magical amazing game that every RPG enthusiast should play. There are many perfect aspects about the game, like the endlessly interesting story, the fun combat, the pokemon-like creature collection, the incredible social link system, the gorgeous menus, and
    the (mostly) beautiful music. I thoroughly enjoyed the themes of searching for truth, and many times I believed the game to be over when a surprising twist to the plot kept me playing for 80+ hours. However, due to a few minor shortcomings and one huge flaw, I could not give this game the score it deserves.

The major problem with this game was the dungeon crawling. The randomly generated, multi-leveled dungeons just aren't fun. Each one has the same design, which involves navigating hallways to find chests and the stairwell to the next level. Unfortunately, after the first dungeon, it just became very repetitive and generic. It felt like a chore more than a pleasure. During the long sessions of the real world, I would actually dread having to go back to the grind. This outdated gameplay should have been redesigned during the initial stages of development.

Other problems with the game range anywhere from many of the vocal-heavy soundtrack music (although this is mostly preference), to the overly-difficult to manage ability system. The latter makes Persona creation less than ideal for creating Personas with preferred abilities.

Some things really aren't very clear either, such as the best ways to utilize the social links, and how to completely advance the story. A little more help would have been nice. Maybe I wouldn't have wasted several dozen days doing useless tasks. Also, I still have no idea how to catch bugs or fish.

Regardless, the game is phenomenal and is currently the best game on Vita by far. 9/10
  28. Mar 2, 2014
    This is THE best game I have ever played. The formula of short days with meaningful activities makes it very addictive. The combat is excellent and spices up the formula of turn based battles with chances to take extra turns when hitting a weak spot of an enemy or dealing critical damage. Excellent presentation and style sells the world. The characters and the various voice actors behind the voices are excellent with realistic dialogue. They are not just JRPG stereotypes but really do act like kids that age. They can be insensitive and awkward but loveable and kind all at the same time. Dungeons are as quick and as deep as you make them. Over powered and want to skip to the boss. Just keep running as enemies rarely catch up to you. I played it in normal mode and got the true ending plus epilogue and I have to say playing it on a second playthrough was worth it. Love the anime cut scenes and lastly the music, its hard to understand but the tunes are catchy and never get old. I really want a follow up story for these guys. Be it anime or a whole new game or even a manga I will snatch it up. My favourite game ever made.

Buy it!

From a 22 year old gamer ;)
  29. Feb 25, 2014
    This is RPG brilliance. Fantastic gameplay complimented by an intriguing story and characters put together in a beautiful-to-look-at anime style make this easily the the best game available on the Vita to date. It should come with a warning label due to how addictive it can be.
  30. Feb 24, 2014
    **This review is purely from a casual RPG player's point of view**
    Persona 4 Golden is one of the best games I've played so far. Before playing P4G, I wasn't aware of this series and/or did not care to know more about them. The reason I bought persona 4 golden was that the game had many good reviews. I bought this game not knowing that I'll get completely sucked into the series of Shin
    Megami Tensei universe. If I knew about this game earlier, I'd have bought a vita to play it long time ago. Since I don't dare spoil the wonderful story behind this wonderful game, all I can say is that if you are a big fan of RPG like myself, you're in for a delicious treat. Just be careful with your choices in the game, cause your choices dangerously matters here. Expand

1. Apr 18, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is part detective novel, part teenage simulation and part asian RPG – all being important pieces which combine to create some of the most memorable and entertaining moments I’ve ever had with a JRPG.
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden manages to make a classic JRPG even better. A definite buy for any Vita owners, and actually a good enough reason to justify the purchase of Sony's struggling handheld. [Apr 2013]
  3. Persona 4 Golden is a Tardis of a game. Initially, it seems cute and friendly and it hooks you with its murder mystery and time management focus. Once you get inside, it opens up exponentially, awing you with its scope. [March 2013, p76]