• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Nov 20, 2012
9.2

1. Apr 27, 2013
    This game made me so angry. It made me so ashamed that I was actually playing it. It is mean-spirited, hateful and vile. At a point, I really wanted my money back.

And yet, here I am giving it a good score. Let me tell you, this is the first time I have actually liked a game with these kinds of massive flaws. And not only do I like it, oh no, I love it! Persona 4 the Golden is

Persona 4 the Golden is wonderfully crafted with amazing designs, great music, amazing game-play and interesting lovable characters. And the story is thrilling, logical and generally very well told.
    This game is one of the best I have ever played and yet I can't give it the 10 points I would like to give it.
    The main mistake that was made with this game, was the creators thinking it needed more humour. It all went downhill from there. There are several events in the game that add nothing to the story and are only there for the characters to get into awkward situations. To get into those situations the otherwise well-written characters act completely out character. They do monumentally stupid and terrible things, which the creators apparently find funny. Not only that, but the game also makes fun of fat people. A lot. The game also makes fun of transvestites. Oh and old people, because they're unattractive. Haha. What a laugh, right? Take my advice: Skip those events. They add nothing and will make you want to bash your head through a pane of glass.
  2. Dec 27, 2013
    Persona 4 is one of the greatest games I have every played and now, Atlus releases the same game, enhanced, and with 30+ hours of content. I recommend anyone with a interest in RPG and story to buy this game.
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    Never before have I become so invested in an rpg, everything about this game reeks of style and charm, It is hard to explain the emotional impact of persona 4, that I think is the games greatest strength, if you have any anti-anime bias, its time to get over it, because you are missing out on a true classic...
  4. Aug 18, 2014
    This is by far the 2nd best game i have ever played(best being Jet Set Radio) i had never played an ATLUS game before i played Persona 4 Golden. i never thought going through high school would be so much fun. the characters all had amazing back stories, and Persona 4 Golden teaches you alot about life, people and just emotions in general. its one of the few games that was able to bring aThis is by far the 2nd best game i have ever played(best being Jet Set Radio) i had never played an ATLUS game before i played Persona 4 Golden. i never thought going through high school would be so much fun. the characters all had amazing back stories, and Persona 4 Golden teaches you alot about life, people and just emotions in general. its one of the few games that was able to bring a tear to my eye, and the only story id say was better was that of the anime Clannad. Expand
  5. Feb 24, 2014
    **This review is purely from a casual RPG player's point of view**
    **This review is purely from a casual RPG player's point of view**
    Persona 4 Golden is one of the best games I've played so far. Before playing P4G, I wasn't aware of this series and/or did not care to know more about them. The reason I bought persona 4 golden was that the game had many good reviews. I bought this game not knowing that I'll get completely sucked into the series of Shin Megami Tensei universe. If I knew about this game earlier, I'd have bought a vita to play it long time ago. Since I don't dare spoil the wonderful story behind this wonderful game, all I can say is that if you are a big fan of RPG like myself, you're in for a delicious treat. Just be careful with your choices in the game, cause your choices dangerously matters here.
  6. Nov 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely a well developed game with major enhancements, providing hours and hours of content ofr any Persona fan to enjoy! There is so much to talk about this game but I would like to focus on the characters, story, and music. The characters are clearly 3 dimensional, each having their flaws and inner selves they don't want to show to people. You feel like there's something about them that you didn't realize when you see them at first hand. However, getting to the inner core of the human psyche, it's quite fascinating. Next, story. Story is perhaps the most important thing when it comes to Persona games. It starts off with a transfer student from the city moves to Inaba for a year and finds out there is something going in Inaba. Murders happening when the fog appears. Then everything builds off that and really goes into depth the story and each character has their own part to share, even the protagonist. Finally, the music. The music has some new additions. Way different from the original Persona 4 but once I got to listening to the soundtrack, it was really enjoyable. Really liked how they didn't try to rearrange the score throughout the majority of the game. I would recommend this game to any JRPG player who needs something to do for a while. Expand
  7. Dec 5, 2012
    10. just 10. it actually beats the ps2 version. it will blow your mind. the voice acting is awesome and the story is to, my view of it is like poke'mon mixed with final fantasy but more complicated but more awesome.
  8. Jul 6, 2013
    This game is an experience.
    I have always liked the persona series, and I won't lie, I didn't think this was going to top Persona 3/FES/P3P...
    I was wrong. This game has an intense and engaging storyline that had me hooked, playing this game into the small (and large) hours of the night. I clocked nearly 60 hours on my first playthrough and went back for more. The battle system and
    This game is an experience.
    I was wrong.

The battle system and story are great, but the real surprise comes from the social system. Half of the game is played as a (relativley) normal high schooler filling his days with activities and friends it can get so absorbing and interesting I had marathons of this game where I would go well over five or six hours without fighting anything completely absorbed into the game.

This game is a hands-down must play. If the art and culture style of the game don't seem your type, and you skip this game solely on looks you are missing out in a once-in-a-console-generation experience.

I would go as far as saying this game alone justifies the purchase of a Playstation Vita.
  9. Nov 29, 2012
    Persona 4 Golden is a port of the original Persona 4 from the PS2 to the Vita. It's chock full of new content ranging from an improved system to new areas/locales to explore. Graphics look sleek and sharp on the vita, and the lines really do pop. For returning Persona 4 players worry not, Golden boasts loads of new content and while not the game-changer FeMC that was in P3P, is stillPersona 4 Golden is a port of the original Persona 4 from the PS2 to the Vita. It's chock full of new content ranging from an improved system to new areas/locales to explore. Graphics look sleek and sharp on the vita, and the lines really do pop. For returning Persona 4 players worry not, Golden boasts loads of new content and while not the game-changer FeMC that was in P3P, is still enough to keep you interested and surprised at the additions made into the game. If you've never played Persona 4, or any Persona game in general, and you like RPGs in any form. Well, go buy the game now! You shouldn't be wasting your time reading reviews here, with around 60+ hrs for the first run through, your getting lots of value for your money. Throw in a great story and battle mechanics, P4G stands to be one of the best Games out there, regardless of genre. Expand
  10. Jan 11, 2013
    Beautiful game with beautiful adds. Bravo Atlus. This is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarvelous!
  11. Jan 15, 2013
    An excellent upgrade of the PS2 version, fixing issues the game had and a decent amount of new content. Writing is good, gameplay is strategic, and characters are fun. If you like JRPGs, get it. If you're not sure, get it.
  12. Mar 5, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game and certainly 'THE GAME' for the Vita at the moment. If anyone was in doubt about buying a PS Vita, buy one to play this game.

The first few hours just scratch the surface as the game sucks you into the story. Animation as you would expect is superb, and the Odd 'Cut Scenes' are brilliant and shows Anime at its best. As you play the game more and more, gain

As you play the game more and more, gain more power and more personas you find yourself playing constantly to see what the next challenge will be! From building your own characters strengths by social links to gaining more personas, or combining different personas to create even more powerful ones, is genius!

Don't think, reach into your deep pockets and buy this game!
  13. Apr 15, 2013
    I brought this game after going to the store for no ni kuni and coming to the conclusion that it was sold out. I never played a persona game before, but i read some positive reviews about Persona 4 golden and was in the mood for a good JRPG. Now we are 3 weeks further and it's finished. I've spend nearly 85 hours on my first playtrough, and it was worth every second. Persona reallyI brought this game after going to the store for no ni kuni and coming to the conclusion that it was sold out. I never played a persona game before, but i read some positive reviews about Persona 4 golden and was in the mood for a good JRPG. Now we are 3 weeks further and it's finished. I've spend nearly 85 hours on my first playtrough, and it was worth every second. Persona really sucked me up in his world. Never did i care more about game characters. I almost felt like a teen again, One of the best things about this game is the feeling that everything you do really ads to your character. the social-sim part of the game is great. You can interact with lot's of people in the game and you can develop several social links, deeper relations with other characters. Most of them are quite interesting and add to the main story.

The dungeon's in the game are beautifull and various. The batlle system is just deep enough to stay interesting. Getting better persona by fusing them is really great. The story makes that you want to go further. the game has a cool style, after some hours you will defenetly fall in love. Cutscenes are stunning and give you the feeling that you have accomplished something.

Playing this on the vita really changed my relationship with the console I brought it at launch, and i was already quite happy with the titles that appeared on it. This game only made the bound much stronger, for three weeks it was my closest companion (to despair of my girlfriend)

For me this game is one love letter to gaming in general. It made me feel great, sometimes sad, other times messed up. It made me love Japanese games again. Directly after finishing this i brought persona 3. For a guy with the bad habbit of not finishing his RPG's because there's always something else to play, I think this proves how good this game was for me. And now let's pray for Persona 5 also coming out on the vita (i wouldn't want to miss the pause function for the dungeon segments).
  14. Apr 16, 2013
    So after reading reviews, I was skeptical about buying seeing as I have never played any of the Persona games. But after some recommendations from close friends, I forked out the $300 and bought the Vita and P4G. Best investment I've made in a long time.
    Everything about this game is amazing, the combat doesn't get stale and keeps you on your toes, the character interaction is the best I've seen in a long time!
    I am well and truly in love with this game, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a refreshing JRPG.
  15. Sep 13, 2013
    Wow, just wow! Probably the best game of all time! Nothing comes close. Quality surpasses anything I've ever seen. People who dislike this game probably hate JRPG's. Western gaming culture will never come close to this.
  16. Jun 4, 2013
    It is very strange to see such a perfect game in JRPG genre today. It is not a secret, that japanese gaming is already dead, because of the games that look outdated, have a bad outdated gameplay and poor gamedesign. Times of Final Fantasy and Xenogears had passed long long time ago.
    In the PS2 era, ATLUS was the last japanese developer, that made really new thrilling RPG's. Persona 3, SMT Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, those titles were amazing, brining the modern and mature JRPG formula to the gamer.
    But at the end they failed. Releasing P4 on PS2 was a horrible mistake. Only 80 000 copies where sold, and thousands of gamers (exept fans) missed one of the greatest jrpg's of a decade.

Re-releasing it was a right step. Re-releasing it on a portable device was even better.

Now we have a great game on the go. there is no way to judge the gameplay formula of Persona 4. It is very peculiar.
    Characters are interesting and deep, dialogues are polished. This are not the things modern japanese games are made of.

Persona 4 is not the best in visuals. But graphics are nice, and overwhelming gamedesign does the rest.

The game became better, bigger, and got in the palm of your hand

Bravo ATLUS. We hope that it is not the last time. Looking forward for more installations in Persona franchise, modern, cool, and deep. And we wait for more PS2 remakes on VITA.
  17. Jun 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Coming from a hardcore Final Fantasy fan, you're immediately comfortable with this game, even if the elements aren't all the same. Its a great game overall and very fun to play but am I the only one slightly annoyed by the fact it took 3 or 4 people in the TV for the group of kids to finally catch on that something wasn't right? Also, whats up with the game only having like 5 songs that play at random throughout the game. I thought the tracks were overall pretty great even with the singer's broken english/accent but i swear if i hear "Heartbreak, Heartbeat you tell me goo-bye" one more time i'm going to go nuts. LOL, other than that its a solid game, I would definitely recommend it to any JRPG fan. Expand
  18. Jul 21, 2013
    The first time I heard about persona 4 was from a friend who watched persona 4 the animation and convinced me to watch it, needless to say I was hooked and when I heard it was based on a game I had to buy it. Getting persona 4 Golden was the best decision I made. This game has to be the best JRPG I have ever played in my life I am hooked. I definitely recommend this for anyone who is into JRPG
  19. Jul 24, 2013
    Oh my god, just completed the gameand i must say, this is by far the best game i've ever played. I have never seen a game with such dedicated and effort put into a title. Every dialog, scene and story is well pieced together and fits perfectly. The character designs are well thought of and never feels out of place.
    Despite being a re-release of the title for a newer console, Atlus has
    Despite being a re-release of the title for a newer console, Atlus has added plenty of new features such as animated cut-scenes and online features that definitely spices things up even for people who have already completed the title before. The game features over 70 hours of gameplay which would keep you entertain for weeks or months to come, with such interesting story, it never gets tiring.
  20. Jul 9, 2014
    10/10 el mejor juego de todos jeje es neta no mames este juego es una vergototota asi de 8 kilometros para dentro de tu cola asi bien gigantesca y venosa y peluda, asi bien brillante vhorreando semen asi cccfffrchfhrfhrcfhr ssacando fuego, no mames comprenlo o pirateenselo sin un unos plebs **** jodidos de mierda pero en serio no se deberian perder esta maravilla, si tienes cancer o sida10/10 el mejor juego de todos jeje es neta no mames este juego es una vergototota asi de 8 kilometros para dentro de tu cola asi bien gigantesca y venosa y peluda, asi bien brillante vhorreando semen asi cccfffrchfhrfhrcfhr ssacando fuego, no mames comprenlo o pirateenselo sin un unos plebs **** jodidos de mierda pero en serio no se deberian perder esta maravilla, si tienes cancer o sida o cualquie rotra enfermedad terminal y ya te vas a morir, jugar este juego es la ultima cosa que debes hacer en tu miserable existencia Expand
  21. Oct 8, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is what i would call, is a game close to perfection (Yes, it is my favorite game of all time)

I have not played any of the early realises nor have i played the original PS2 edition. It was just a coincidence i brought it. I had a PS Vita, which was lacking good games, I saw that P4G got great reviews, and i thought why not? And I don't like playing Turn Based RPGs, i brought it from pure curiosity.

P4G opened my eyes to something new, i now find turn based gameplay more tolerating and I've fallen got an bigger eye open for games and Anime from Japan.

I was laughing with the characters, crying, and i even got true feelings for them. P4G is a emotional rollercoaster that keeps you attached to the characters and the world all the way towards the end.

The Good:
    - Amazing visuals
    - Great voice acting
    - Best writing in gaming history
    - Easy gameplay
    - 100+ Hours of gameplay

The Bad:
    - You lose your life (The real one)

I know this review wont be convincing, but really i beg you to try it out. Its the perfect console seller, so buy a PS Vita just for this game!
  22. Shi
    Nov 15, 2013
    If you have a Vita and you like JRPG's, Persona 4 Golden is a must have. Solid gameplay, great graphics, beautiful artwork, and an excellent story. Definitely the best enhancement of a game I've ever played.
  23. May 9, 2014
    This game is awesome! I am a big Persona fan and this remake hit the spot. The characters were enjoyable expect for a few people that were just **** The dialogue is brilliant the added character is awesome. The game is a grind fest which can be off putting but if you can look past that i recommend this game to anyone who has a ps vita.
  24. Jul 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One struggles to put into words the superb quality of this game. Brilliant story full of twist and turns, humorous dialogues, loveable characters that make social links worth maxing out, and strategical RPG gameplay that really makes the player choose their moves carefully all are the ingredients that helped make this game the wonder that it is. Challenge is also there with increasingly difficult boss and enemy battles and with time management in maxing out all social links before a year has been and gone. I have played this game four times over and enjoyed just as much each time, with secrets after the player's first playthrough such as hidden bosses. By far, one of the best games on the PS Vita and definitely one to pick up. Expand
  25. Jul 24, 2014
    I'm usually not one for JRPGS. I'm terrible at micromanaging and have a tendency to not see a 60 hour campaign to its entirety. That being said, Persona 4 Golden is one of my favorite RPGs ever. I haven't felt this strongly about a group of characters since Mass Effect 2. This game alone is worth buying a Vita for.
  26. Sep 16, 2014
    Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likreMore like morePlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likreMore like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre More like more likre Expand
  27. Nov 20, 2014
    Best JRPG off all time perfect characters and story...................................................................................................
  28. Nov 25, 2014
    Took me 100 hours to finish and my only criticism is that it isn't long enough. It's worth buying a vita for and I'm not even a RPG fan, never mind JRPGs.
  29. Dec 24, 2014
    I've heard so many great things about the Persona series from my friends at school and I've never played a Persona game myself but needed a new PS Vita game to play so I was like "Why not give Persona 4 Golden a Try?". I spent only $20 at Gamestop and I think it was well worth it to buy. Anyways, the animations are absolutely beautiful and stunning. I do admit that you do have to play forI've heard so many great things about the Persona series from my friends at school and I've never played a Persona game myself but needed a new PS Vita game to play so I was like "Why not give Persona 4 Golden a Try?". I spent only $20 at Gamestop and I think it was well worth it to buy. Anyways, the animations are absolutely beautiful and stunning. I do admit that you do have to play for a while to get to certain save points but it gives you enough to take breaks when you're not playing the game. What got me hooked into this game was that you can build relationships with other people and you can have them as teammates when you battle. The battle system is set up like a Final Fantasy game sort of thing. The cutscenes are pretty long but the plot will keep you hooked on to the game. I played three hours of gameplay and it didn't even feel like three hours. The game itself I heard is about 60+ hours which is longer than a lot of PS Vita games out there and it will keep you occupied if you have nothing to do. So if you need a new PS Vita game with an intriguing storyline, awesome gameplay and a nice battle system I highly recommend this game. Expand
  30. Jan 26, 2013
    The best vita game.Great gameplay,graphics and a lot of things to do.A must buy for everyone how has or wants to buy a vita. Everything about this game is perfection.
  31. Nov 23, 2012
    In hard mode this game is amazing, your have to be very tactical and cant make a wrong move, I like challenging games like this. The music is great, my favourite is "back of the TV", and "Magatsu Inaba" theme. The story is excellent, its one of those games where you keep going even into the night, just for the story. i dont want to ruin if for you, but I will just say the story is on theIn hard mode this game is amazing, your have to be very tactical and cant make a wrong move, I like challenging games like this. The music is great, my favourite is "back of the TV", and "Magatsu Inaba" theme. The story is excellent, its one of those games where you keep going even into the night, just for the story. i dont want to ruin if for you, but I will just say the story is on the same level as "Death Note" and "Gladiator" . I thought the social link system is very unique, it made me feel like I am the character. Buy this game, and you wont regret it. 10/10. Expand
  32. Feb 27, 2013
    I took me a while to realize this, but I have come to the conclusion that this is my favourite game of all time. I try not to say that without thinking it through but there is so much love put into this title it hurts. You can play it for hours so immersed you will forget there was ever a world to go back to. Everything screams story, gameplay, art, perfection. It's golden. I know it isI took me a while to realize this, but I have come to the conclusion that this is my favourite game of all time. I try not to say that without thinking it through but there is so much love put into this title it hurts. You can play it for hours so immersed you will forget there was ever a world to go back to. Everything screams story, gameplay, art, perfection. It's golden. I know it is hard throwing down 200+ dollars on a Persona machine, but now after playing the game twice with 70 something hours. for me it makes sense. I really want you random guy/girl reading this to get this game it deserves to be played. Expand
  33. Dec 18, 2012
    Why i give a 10? i have played persona 4 on PS2, and play it again in PS VIta, simply this game is masterpiece i dont feel bored or repetitive, in P3 and P4 PS2 ifeel bored when it comes to leveling character
  34. Nov 21, 2012
    Persona 4..where to start? Let me just say that the game is quite possibly the most original thing you'll ever find yourself playing story wise, a TV world that you travel in to to fight monsters? Encounter shadow forms of your inner self? Awesome!

Atlus has utterly perfected an already perfect game with Golden, the new features like being able to go out at night and giving you more months to play with add so much to an already long game, the combat is incredibly fun, and the music? Don't get me started, sublime.

Persona 4 is by far my favourite game ever, and not only that, is currently leaps and bounds the greatest game on the vita system. The vita's saving grace is here, tune in to the midnight channel tonight!
  35. Nov 22, 2012
    I have been a big Persona fan since the first 2 installments was released on Playstation1 many years ago, and even though I liked the uniqe dungeon qrawel elements in the originals featured I really enjoyed the new sim and persona elements of number 3 and 4 when they were released. I have played them alot, and would honestly prefer it if Atlus focused on making Persona 5 instead of so manyI have been a big Persona fan since the first 2 installments was released on Playstation1 many years ago, and even though I liked the uniqe dungeon qrawel elements in the originals featured I really enjoyed the new sim and persona elements of number 3 and 4 when they were released. I have played them alot, and would honestly prefer it if Atlus focused on making Persona 5 instead of so many remakes. Its a damn great nonthereless, whom all should play, if they are a fan of JRPG style games! Expand
  36. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is EXACTLY what the vita needs right now. A great game that actually gives vita owners what they paid for. Everything about this game is PERFECTION!
  37. Nov 23, 2012
    I honestly can say that Persona 4 has to be of the greatest RPGS ever made if not the one of the best games ever created.... With that being said I would have to put this up with any final fantasy ever made including FINAL FANTASY 7. So yeah I definitely think you should buy this game if you haven't already.
  38. Nov 25, 2012
    Persona 4 Golden is an incredible game! Amazing visuals and story make this a difficult game to put down. Not to mention, the music is very catchy and fits the overall feel of the game perfectly.
  39. Nov 26, 2012
    I loved and even though I've beaten Persona 4 three times, Golden is a game that renovates and builds on the original with new events, characters and Personas. I loved the final fantasy franchise and I'd stick this game on par with my favorite final fantasy game (FF9). There's less load times, greater variety to do, and heck you can sneak out in the nights just like Persona 3. This isI loved and even though I've beaten Persona 4 three times, Golden is a game that renovates and builds on the original with new events, characters and Personas. I loved the final fantasy franchise and I'd stick this game on par with my favorite final fantasy game (FF9). There's less load times, greater variety to do, and heck you can sneak out in the nights just like Persona 3. This is probably the most fulfilling game I've ever played, keep in mind I love a bunch of non-jrpgs like AC series, Uncharted series, but not once have I ever felt for any characters as I have in this game, it's truly an art that should appreciated for what it is amazing. Overall the best vita game I own, and one of my favorite games of all time. Expand
  40. Nov 26, 2012
    Revisiting an old memory. Seeing old friends, and having something new to talk about. This is what you get from Persona 4 Golden. Atlus Co. did an amazing job porting one of the best PS2 generation of games, and I should say, A port is more than what this package is. Social aspects. New links, new ways to explore, new mini games, Trophy support making that Oh so inevitable second (orRevisiting an old memory. Seeing old friends, and having something new to talk about. This is what you get from Persona 4 Golden. Atlus Co. did an amazing job porting one of the best PS2 generation of games, and I should say, A port is more than what this package is. Social aspects. New links, new ways to explore, new mini games, Trophy support making that Oh so inevitable second (or third) play though about as full fulling as the first. The Vita's OLED screen shows the magic of Inaba and the TV world pop out and look like new again, all of this and more makes this game THE reason to snatch the powerful handheld up. Making this one of my favorites of 2012. Expand
  41. Nov 29, 2012
    This is an amazing game. I bought a PS Vita just for this game and I am 100% satisfied. Do not lose the chance to play one of the best RPG ever made. I am sure you won't regret it.
  42. Dec 2, 2012
    This is the game for the PSVita, for those of you who think re-ports and re-releases to different systems and avoid them, think again. Persona 4: the Golden is the pinnacle of the Vita. From it's story line to it's combat system. The story is complex in the fact that 1: There is multiple endings. 2: The choices you make affect the outcome as well as the way other people think aboutThis is the game for the PSVita, for those of you who think re-ports and re-releases to different systems and avoid them, think again. Persona 4: the Golden is the pinnacle of the Vita. From it's story line to it's combat system. The story is complex in the fact that 1: There is multiple endings. 2: The choices you make affect the outcome as well as the way other people think about you(Social Links). 3: You come to love every character in the game, because everyone is unique in their own taste, and heck, you might really fall for some of the characters. The story makes you want to keep playing, makes you think "What's going to happen next?!". The drama, comedy, romance, and perfect voice acting all blend into a perfect video game smoothie. Next is the battle system. 1: It's fluent and quick turn based combat, similar to something like Pokemon, but much more colorful, beautifully accompanied by the awesome BGM, but I'll get to that later. 2: The massive amounts of Persona you can use. The abilities and skills that they can use are just so much, as well as the enemies, although some are just recolors, that still doesn't take away to how many enemies there are. 3: The combo attacks. I, being a person who played Persona 4 on the PS2 seriously made my pants sticky when I first saw Yukiko and Chie use their combo attack. Combo attacks are unique to whoever uses them and are just so colorful and awesome, plus that Dragon ball-ish declaration of the attack, it just makes me wanna man-squee. 4: The amount of weapons and outfits you can use and wear into combat, outfits are just for show, but make it so cool, or hilarious if you use other things, and the weapons all look so cool and well-defined, makes me wanna shake Master Daidara's hand. Screw it, I'm gonna hug him. 5: The dungeons. Even though all the dungeons are really repetitive, it keeps to the old persona style. It makes the grinding fun, but the dungeons could use a little more work, except Naoto's, but I'll leave that for you to find out for yourself. The BGM throughout the game sets a perfect mood, to the lovely music of wandering at night and the awesome music of just walkering around, or the music of events, to the fast pace and quick tunes of the combat music makes you just want to not move a turn and listen to it due to it's awesome beats. the well-cared for music is tuned of out of Persona 4, but with new twists that old SMT gamers will love. The voice acting is perfect, although it took a little time for me to enjoy Chie's new voice actor, but it ends up kind of like a new experience, giving Chie a new personality to her. Yet Teddie's new voice actor seems like he's trying too hard to be the original Teddie. The voice acting is just pure perfect and flows perfectly with conversations. Persona 4: the Golden made me cry in more than one moments, just as the old P4 did for me. I love this game, and it's a permanent resident of my game library, and for $40, it's worth it. The 60+ hours you'll spend through one playthrough, plus the extra time you spend replaying makes this game extremely replayable if you can get over the grinding at higher levels. This game set the bar for the rest of the Vita games, and hopefully stuff like this come often more for the console/handheld. All I can say now is, you'll enjoy this game, guaranteed. Expand
  43. Dec 12, 2012
    This is a great game, I hated being forced through the "barely interactive plot setup" for almost two hours, but since the ingame story is so great, it was enjoyable. The amount of things you can do in this game is amazing, and will drain a lot of your time, if you have some to spare. The concepts are great as well, equipping, leveling and merging personas is really awsome. DefinitelyThis is a great game, I hated being forced through the "barely interactive plot setup" for almost two hours, but since the ingame story is so great, it was enjoyable. The amount of things you can do in this game is amazing, and will drain a lot of your time, if you have some to spare. The concepts are great as well, equipping, leveling and merging personas is really awsome. Definitely the best game on the Vita thus far, in my opinion. This game, if presented to the right audience, can be a system seller. Expand
  44. Dec 26, 2012
    Best Portable game ever? Quite Possibly. The latest etnry into the series only shows improvement on the already well done job from earlier entries into the series. It makes full use of the powerful processor on the PS Vita, so everything you liked about the PS2 original stays the way it is with improvements added. The story is well done and will keep you on the edge of your seat, theBest Portable game ever? Quite Possibly. The latest etnry into the series only shows improvement on the already well done job from earlier entries into the series. It makes full use of the powerful processor on the PS Vita, so everything you liked about the PS2 original stays the way it is with improvements added. The story is well done and will keep you on the edge of your seat, the already popular social links return with new additions, and some more voices are added to dialogues. A must have for the PS Vita when compared with the lacking library of the handheld, and I would recommend it to anyone I know. Expand
  45. Jan 8, 2013
    This game is perfection. The voice acting is simply amazing. The game-play and story telling are to die for. Anyone with a PS Vita must pick up this game. By far the best game on the Vita so far. This game goes in my book as, by far, game of the year for 2012. I have never experienced so many feels in a video game before; except maybe from P3P.
  46. Jan 18, 2013
    This is the best RPG i have played in a very long time. If you do not play this you are truly missing out, this game brings RPG's back to old school turn based fighting system while incorporating decision making to influence the story much like in Dragons age or The Elder scrolls Games. It is sure to quickly make its way into your heart as one of the best games you ever play with itsThis is the best RPG i have played in a very long time. If you do not play this you are truly missing out, this game brings RPG's back to old school turn based fighting system while incorporating decision making to influence the story much like in Dragons age or The Elder scrolls Games. It is sure to quickly make its way into your heart as one of the best games you ever play with its dark story telling and adult situations. I give this game a 9.8 out of 10. :) Expand
  47. Jan 10, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden, is a very clean and crisp Action-Fighting game for the PS Vita, akin to the likes of BlazBlue and Street Fighter. Very good game, can't wait for more.
  48. Jan 25, 2013
    I can't name one game other than Persona 4 that has made me go out and buy a new console. I first played Persona 3 Portable on my PSP and instantly fell in love with the gameplay. After 250+ hours of playing P3P, I wanted a new Persona experience. This led to my discovery of Persona 4 Golden and its exclusivity on the PSVita. The story line has a much lighter tone than P3 but it stillI can't name one game other than Persona 4 that has made me go out and buy a new console. I first played Persona 3 Portable on my PSP and instantly fell in love with the gameplay. After 250+ hours of playing P3P, I wanted a new Persona experience. This led to my discovery of Persona 4 Golden and its exclusivity on the PSVita. The story line has a much lighter tone than P3 but it still enjoyable. The gameplay has remained intact as there is sort of 2 games in 1. 1 aspect of the game is Persona itself where you and your team go through dungeons fighting monster in a turn-based manner. The other aspect is a sort of sim-like game where you have ti manage your time between your friends and school life. This leads to a unique style of game. I did play Persona 4 on a emulator before buying the game on the PSVita and have to say that they did a considerable amount to the port. You have 2 new social links, a garden, a SOS feature (which to be honest makes the game easier and in my opinion more enjoyable), new cutscenes, and a brand new trips you can experience. For the most part they have taken Persona 4 which is considered one of the greatest games of all time and even made it better. However one major complaint I have is the new voice actor for Chie. The new voice actor sounds nasally and whiny. If you are Persona fan, rpg fan, or looking for a new gaming experience I would definitely buy this game. Expand
  49. Jul 23, 2014
    This is a great game. The story is unpredictable which keeps it interesting as well as the strategic combat. It does a great job getting you invested in all of the characters through their back stories and just hanging out with them. Not many games can make you laugh like this game and then make you this sad too. It definitely lives up to all the hype and exceeded my expectations for it.This is a great game. The story is unpredictable which keeps it interesting as well as the strategic combat. It does a great job getting you invested in all of the characters through their back stories and just hanging out with them. Not many games can make you laugh like this game and then make you this sad too. It definitely lives up to all the hype and exceeded my expectations for it. Highly Recommend!!! Expand
  50. Mar 22, 2013
    Questo porting migliorato di persona 4, iconico capitolo della serie nato alla fine del ciclo vitale di ps2 e oggetto l’anno passato di un adattamento anime, si appresta a portare su Vita un’avventura JRPG a metà fra investigazioni, soprannaturale e slice of life, con numerose aggiunte fra cui nuove Persona evocabili dai protagonisti, tanti eventi aggiuntivi ed un nuovo personaggio creatoQuesto porting migliorato di persona 4, iconico capitolo della serie nato alla fine del ciclo vitale di ps2 e oggetto l’anno passato di un adattamento anime, si appresta a portare su Vita un’avventura JRPG a metà fra investigazioni, soprannaturale e slice of life, con numerose aggiunte fra cui nuove Persona evocabili dai protagonisti, tanti eventi aggiuntivi ed un nuovo personaggio creato ad hoc. http://blackops2.altervista.org/guida-ita-persona-4-golden-in-italiano/ Expand
  51. Feb 1, 2014
    With the brilliant soundtrack, especially ' the almighty ' likeable characters and addicting gameplay persona 4 golden is not only the best game on the Vita its the greatest JRPG ever made IMO.
  52. May 10, 2013
    One of the best (if not THE best) RPGs i've played in many many years. Persona 4 Golden is a must buy for Vita owners that did not play the original. The story telling and characters will make u sob when the game is over (seriously, u wish it never ends). Comparing to many great RPGs such as fire emblem, this one is more closer to the heart and you become more attached to the game worldOne of the best (if not THE best) RPGs i've played in many many years. Persona 4 Golden is a must buy for Vita owners that did not play the original. The story telling and characters will make u sob when the game is over (seriously, u wish it never ends). Comparing to many great RPGs such as fire emblem, this one is more closer to the heart and you become more attached to the game world and characters. Expand
  53. OoD
    Jun 24, 2013
    This game is pure gold. A ton of great new content added onto an already great game, and now its portable. A great storyline and very lovable characters makes this an amazing game. Overall, the reason to own a Vita.
  54. Jun 29, 2013
    Its a huge STEP UP! after playing persona 3 portable. Its also the deepest series in a franchise I ever played. I hope new fans of the franchise will stick to Atlus and see what news they have to offer.
  55. Nov 4, 2013
    Possibly one of the best RPGs ever, it outclasses its predecessor in almost everyday with memorable characters and many dungeons to explore, there is always something to do in Inaba. Although the graphics are considered outdated for the current-gen, the gameplay more than makes up for its weakness
  56. Nov 6, 2013
    First off, let me just say that this is my favorite video game of all time. The story, atmosphere, characters, music, and voice acting are all nearly perfect. The gameplay itself is fantastic as well; the typical SMT gameplay experience you would expect still shines bright in Persona 4 without being horribly difficult (you'll usually never be stuck in the same place for too long). PersonaFirst off, let me just say that this is my favorite video game of all time. The story, atmosphere, characters, music, and voice acting are all nearly perfect. The gameplay itself is fantastic as well; the typical SMT gameplay experience you would expect still shines bright in Persona 4 without being horribly difficult (you'll usually never be stuck in the same place for too long). Persona 4 Golden also adds much more content to the PS2 original, with new battle mechanics and in-game days, as well as a new character and side-story to go with her. The game is quite long too, around 80 hours with the normal ending, and that's not including the hours you will spend in new game plus.

However, as great as this game is, I can't give it a perfect score because it has a pretty prevalent flaw: its tendency to go too long with the cinematics. Now don't get me wrong; the story is outstanding and can really only be told with excessive conversation, but sometimes it carries on longer than it should. There's literally a straight hour of storytelling before you get into any freedom or dungeon gameplay, and sometimes the game goes long times without any dungeoning. That aside, the game is still excellent and I would recommend it to any fan of JRPG's or visual novels.
  57. Dec 14, 2013
    The game has long stretches of gameplay without save points and I've had it hang twice now on certain menu screens. I've lost about 12 hours of time due to this bug, and I'm absolutely disgusted that this was allowed to be put into the final product.
  58. Jan 20, 2014
    I tried very, very hard to like this game but I just couldn't. Japenese RPGs are my go to genre and this disappointed me, especially with all the fantastic reviews I saw.

It's different than your usual RPG, which is good, but there is too much going on and I never knew how to spend my time "correctly". I wasn't sure when to level for the next dungeon, and if I was under levelled I had to go back in time a week after my game ended.

The battle system was classic and solid but I hated not being able to leave a dungeon to heal. If you do it skips ahead a day which makes it so you can't do other daily things like raising your social links and such.

The story and characters gripped me however. The story and characters you meet are deep and interesting, for the most part.

I will try playing again one day, but be prepared for something very different. Great ideas, but just not for me.
  59. May 1, 2014
    the 1st reason I bought a PS VITA. Worth my money, time and praise. I love this game and because of that I love my VITA. I wish Atlus Would make a PERSONA exclusive game for vita.
  60. Jun 12, 2014
    A lot of people have asked me if it's worth buying a Vita, and my answer is always another question, 'Do you like JRPGs?" If yes, then Persona 4 Golden is the main reason to buy this system. I had never played a Persona game before, but the hype finally got to me, and I'll admit that I bought the system to play P4G. I have not had a single bit of buyer's remorse, because the game isA lot of people have asked me if it's worth buying a Vita, and my answer is always another question, 'Do you like JRPGs?" If yes, then Persona 4 Golden is the main reason to buy this system. I had never played a Persona game before, but the hype finally got to me, and I'll admit that I bought the system to play P4G. I have not had a single bit of buyer's remorse, because the game is fantastic. A beautiful story with many twists and turns, great fluid gameplay that never feels stiff (here's looking at you, Final Fantasy X...), and characters that will stick with you forever. There's a reason Persona 4 has sparked the most spinoffs, and it's because it's easily one of the best RPGs ever conceived. If you haven't played this game, do yourself a favor and buy it. Truly a game that lives up to the hype. Expand

1. Apr 18, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is part detective novel, part teenage simulation and part asian RPG – all being important pieces which combine to create some of the most memorable and entertaining moments I’ve ever had with a JRPG.
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden manages to make a classic JRPG even better. A definite buy for any Vita owners, and actually a good enough reason to justify the purchase of Sony's struggling handheld. [Apr 2013]
  3. Persona 4 Golden is a Tardis of a game. Initially, it seems cute and friendly and it hooks you with its murder mystery and time management focus. Once you get inside, it opens up exponentially, awing you with its scope. [March 2013, p76]