• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Nov 20, 2012
9.3

1. Nov 20, 2012
    A perfect recreation of an all time classic, with amazing extra features this is something you don't want too miss, defs the reason to own a vita for those yet to pick one up.
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    The Persona franchise after 3 has seen re-release after re-release. First it was P3, then P3:FES, then P3P, then P4, now P4G. Every time they release a new one, they become that much closer to perfecting their gameplay formula.

P4 is one of the greatest games of all time, with an incredible story and polish. The Golden improves on this formula once again, by adding a large amount of
    content, improving the visuals, and slapping it on the vita. If you have a vita, buy this game. Atlus is the best publisher/developer, and they deserve every penny and high metacritic score they receive. Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Least-hyped of the holiday season Vita releases, Persona 4 Golden is by far the best game available for the system. Atlus has refined their formula to a razor-sharp perfection, and calling it a Director's Cut would only short-change the work that has gone into this 2008 PS2 game. The changes aren't just cosmetic either; fundamental inclusions have been made (Rise assists in combat, the shuffle system is more in-depth, new events, social link, and areas, scooters!).

The game does start slowly, with a couple hours of setting and plot establishment before the first gameplay kicks in. After that, nothing gets old, and the battery often ran out before I was finished with a session. If you own a Vita, you need to buy this game. If you don't own a Vita, Persona 4 Golden makes a (possibly the first) compelling case as it is also easily the best RPG of the season, and a serious contender for best JRPG in existence.
  4. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is amazing. I am thinking about quitting my job to play full time. I have never played any of the Persona games, I guess I am an idiot. The story is great, the graphics are gorgeous on the Vita, and the voice acting is pretty well done. The game is so detailed and there is so much to do that I almost need to make a calendar to keep track of all that is going on each day of the week. If you have a Vita and enjoy RPGs you need to get this....NOW! Expand
  5. Jun 29, 2013
    Its a huge STEP UP! after playing persona 3 portable. Its also the deepest series in a franchise I ever played. I hope new fans of the franchise will stick to Atlus and see what news they have to offer.
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    Persona 4 Golden ! golden .... really gold, you can name it , best vita game ever. Vita was lacking RPG games, unfortunately Ragnarok Odysee was quiet disappointing and only game was to pick up so far was Disgaea 3. Well the w8t is over, Persona 4 is released in English. Persona 4 is not the usually RPG game. The gameplay mechanism is divided between a Classic RPG game and life simulation where you meet people and you go through your daily life just like a high school student. Compare to PS2 version there are tones of new exteras here, hours and hours of new story, new locations to explore and hang out and many other things that I do not want to spoil for the fans. The gameplay is really addicting and even after few years still it feels fresh and innovating, Graphics are however a bit date but overall the color scheme is beautiful and the boosted graphics are good enough for the vita screen not perfect. Persona gives you about 100 hours of gameplay and it worth every single penny u spend on this game. The game has console like production values and its no difference with a console game. Its shame to see the game is not available to be released on other regions untill 2013 but u can import it. no online pass ! I have to say Atlus has done an excellent job and if u ask me .... this is the best game ever published for vita. highly recommended for every vita lover n Persona series fan :) Expand
  7. Jan 18, 2013
    This is the best RPG i have played in a very long time. If you do not play this you are truly missing out, this game brings RPG's back to old school turn based fighting system while incorporating decision making to influence the story much like in Dragons age or The Elder scrolls Games. It is sure to quickly make its way into your heart as one of the best games you ever play with its dark story telling and adult situations. I give this game a 9.8 out of 10. :) Expand
  8. Tay
    Nov 20, 2012
    It's never helpful when people recklessly rate a game a perfect 10/10. My score (10) comes after playing many hours and being consistently amazed by the depth of gameplay, the unique and fun content new for the Vita system, the AMAZING visuals, and care put into the game.

The Persona games may not be right for everybody, but as for me: P4G is the best RPG I've played in the last 12
    months. It's an AMAZING game and worth every point I gave it. Expand
  9. Nov 21, 2012
    I never really got the chance to play the original of Persona 4 for the PS2. I have however played Persona 3 FES for the PS2, as well as bought P3P for my Vita on the PS Store. I loved Persona 3 everything from the cast of characters, to the upbeat but lovable music. Persona 3 had a very lovable and unique quality that made it stand out among the JRPG lineup on the ps2. Once I heard that Persona 4 was coming to the Vita, It was like a godsend. There's a slew of new content on this remastered game. Persona 4 takes everything that you loved about the previous game and improved even further so. The graphics are now top notch, and it proves to be one of the best games the Vita has to offer. This game is nothing less than perfect for JRPG fans, a godsend if you will for those of us who have been waiting for a JRPG to hit our Vita's. We can only hope to see more of the genre hit our favorite handheld in the near future. Expand
  10. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is EXACTLY what the vita needs right now. A great game that actually gives vita owners what they paid for. Everything about this game is PERFECTION!
  11. Dec 31, 2012
    To start, I HATE turn-based RPGs... especially JRPGs. I tried... I really tried to get into the Final Fantasy series but failed. The turn based system really drives me nuts. That being said, I own a PS Vita and realized quickly that it was a paper weight due to the lack of good titles on the Vita (Major prayers for 2013). Due to all of the reviews for this game I cracked down and bought it, and I can't believe I dished out 40 bones for a JRPG... actually, I take that back, I can now believe it. I am only 4 hours into this game, and yes the intro was 2 hours long, but I have to say, I am completely hooked. I am a below casual gamer, meaning, I play maybe twice a month, and I am bringing my Vita to work just to play this on my lunch. Yes, I am 34 years old and taking a PS Vita to work. I don't care. This story is addicting and the gameplay is actually really innovative (Can I say that for a game that was made years ago?). Buy it, get through the intro. Just expect a 2 hour intro when you buy it and you will like it. Just know the intro is necessary for the game. LOVE IT! Expand
  12. Feb 27, 2013
    I took me a while to realize this, but I have come to the conclusion that this is my favourite game of all time. I try not to say that without thinking it through but there is so much love put into this title it hurts. You can play it for hours so immersed you will forget there was ever a world to go back to. Everything screams story, gameplay, art, perfection. It's golden. I know it is hard throwing down 200+ dollars on a Persona machine, but now after playing the game twice with 70 something hours. for me it makes sense. I really want you random guy/girl reading this to get this game it deserves to be played. Expand
  13. Jan 25, 2013
    If I could give it an 11 out of 10 I would. I rarely beat games that have more than 50 hours of game play, I beat this one twice totaling 150 hours. The story was fun, the game play was well done (I did play it one step above "normal though") and the choices you make actually did matter.
  14. Nov 22, 2012
    I have been a big Persona fan since the first 2 installments was released on Playstation1 many years ago, and even though I liked the uniqe dungeon qrawel elements in the originals featured I really enjoyed the new sim and persona elements of number 3 and 4 when they were released. I have played them alot, and would honestly prefer it if Atlus focused on making Persona 5 instead of so many remakes. Its a damn great nonthereless, whom all should play, if they are a fan of JRPG style games! Expand
  15. Nov 23, 2012
    I honestly can say that Persona 4 has to be of the greatest RPGS ever made if not the one of the best games ever created.... With that being said I would have to put this up with any final fantasy ever made including FINAL FANTASY 7. So yeah I definitely think you should buy this game if you haven't already.
  16. Nov 25, 2012
    Persona 4 Golden is an incredible game! Amazing visuals and story make this a difficult game to put down. Not to mention, the music is very catchy and fits the overall feel of the game perfectly.
  17. Apr 15, 2013
    I brought this game after going to the store for no ni kuni and coming to the conclusion that it was sold out. I never played a persona game before, but i read some positive reviews about Persona 4 golden and was in the mood for a good JRPG. Now we are 3 weeks further and it's finished. I've spend nearly 85 hours on my first playtrough, and it was worth every second. Persona really sucked me up in his world. Never did i care more about game characters. I almost felt like a teen again, One of the best things about this game is the feeling that everything you do really ads to your character. the social-sim part of the game is great. You can interact with lot's of people in the game and you can develop several social links, deeper relations with other characters. Most of them are quite interesting and add to the main story.

The dungeon's in the game are beautifull and various. The batlle system is just deep enough to stay interesting. Getting better persona by fusing them is really great. The story makes that you want to go further. the game has a cool style, after some hours you will defenetly fall in love. Cutscenes are stunning and give you the feeling that you have accomplished something.

Playing this on the vita really changed my relationship with the console I brought it at launch, and i was already quite happy with the titles that appeared on it. This game only made the bound much stronger, for three weeks it was my closest companion (to despair of my girlfriend)

For me this game is one love letter to gaming in general. It made me feel great, sometimes sad, other times messed up. It made me love Japanese games again. Directly after finishing this i brought persona 3. For a guy with the bad habbit of not finishing his RPG's because there's always something else to play, I think this proves how good this game was for me. And now let's pray for Persona 5 also coming out on the vita (i wouldn't want to miss the pause function for the dungeon segments).
  18. Jun 24, 2013
    This new rendition of a great classic, became the GREATEST one to date. Everything. I mean everything, that I wanted from an RPG game is here. I could never stress out how much I'm astonished by playing this... "thing" (is it a port? is it a remake? I can't describe its uniqueness). By all means, this game is legendary on all levels and attained a better position than its PS2 counterpart. With all the new features such as the "online mode" stacked into one already-great game, this updated version is worth my every buck. In short, I got more than what I paid for. Expand
  19. Nov 20, 2012
    I just started playing this game today and it is amazing! The style is so entertaining, the story is great and the music is some of the best music ever in any game. It is a must play!
  20. Nov 24, 2012
    currently the only reason to own a vita. This game takes the ps2 version and just improves everything. Nothing was taken out and even more stuff put in. More Links, more personas, more cutscreens, more voice acting, more everything.
  21. Nov 23, 2012
    In hard mode this game is amazing, your have to be very tactical and cant make a wrong move, I like challenging games like this. The music is great, my favourite is "back of the TV", and "Magatsu Inaba" theme. The story is excellent, its one of those games where you keep going even into the night, just for the story. i dont want to ruin if for you, but I will just say the story is on the same level as "Death Note" and "Gladiator" . I thought the social link system is very unique, it made me feel like I am the character. Buy this game, and you wont regret it. 10/10. Expand
  22. Nov 26, 2012
    One of the best console experiences bought to a handheld with great enhancements and extras, Persona 4 is a fantastic JRPG that will last you at least 50 hours of quality gameplay.

Many of annoyances from the PS2 version has been fixed, both minor and major, the additional content add tons of replayability too.

A few minor gripes; Chie Satonaka's new voice actress doesn't sound
    nearly as good as her original voice actress, Tracey Rooney wasn't fantastic, but to me Erin Fitzgerald just doesn't sound right as Chie.

Overall, Persona 4 Golden is a must have if you own a PS Vita and have even a slight interest in JRPGs or just Shin Megami Tensei fans in general. This game gets a 9 from me because I do not believe in perfect scores.
  23. Feb 27, 2013
    We're now a year into Vita's life-cycle, and Sony has built up a pretty robust library of standout games for it's latest handheld system. Indeed, the likes of Gravity Rush, LittleBigPlanet, Rayman Origins and Uncharted: Golden Abyss have clearly demonstrated the massive potential that Vita promises. While upcoming titles such as Killzone: Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway, look set to only build on the foundations laid down by those great games. And now, three months later than our North American friends, Persona 4: Golden has finally arrived on European shores. And boy was it worth the wait. Altus' sublime J-RPG blows every one of those previously mentioned titles clean out of the water, staking it's claim as Vita's finest game to date in the process. With a ton of user reviews here on Metacritic already, I won't bore you by going into all the why's and wherefore's, but I will say this: don't waste any more precious time, just get yourself down to your nearest game retailer and grab yourself a copy of Persona 4 Golden today (or, if your memory card can handle it's hefty 3.2GB filesize, maybe even download it directly from the SCEE digital store like I did). So what are you waiting for? What's that, not got a Vita? Get one! This is the best excuse yet to get a Vita, and it's first true system seller. And it's an absolute belter! 10 out of 10 all day long. Expand
  24. Jul 6, 2013
    This game is an experience. I have always liked the persona series, and I won't lie, I didn't think this was going to top Persona 3/FES/P3P... I was wrong. This game has an intense and engaging storyline that had me hooked, playing this game into the small (and large) hours of the night. I clocked nearly 60 hours on my first playthrough and went back for more. The battle system and story are great, but the real surprise comes from the social system. Half of the game is played as a (relativley) normal high schooler filling his days with activities and friends it can get so absorbing and interesting I had marathons of this game where I would go well over five or six hours without fighting anything completely absorbed into the game.

This game is a hands-down must play. If the art and culture style of the game don't seem your type, and you skip this game solely on looks you are missing out in a once-in-a-console-generation experience.

I would go as far as saying this game alone justifies the purchase of a Playstation Vita.
  25. Oct 11, 2013
    I like JRPGs but this just wasn't my cup of tea. The game is beautiful and the sound is awesome. But progressing Personas through the social link system made me cringe. The 4 hour tutorial was a little much even though it eased me into the game. But if you like building relationships with people in general you'll have a blast.
  26. Jan 17, 2013
    This game is amazing ever heard a till a week ago. I though all JRPG was stupid with crazy cheesy stories and boring gameplay but not Persona 4 I played 12 hours of it and I can't stop. Simply the better game on the vita, no the better game on anything handheld period. If this game was $100 I still buy it. It's awesome a 100 hours game and a new game plus with a different ending my game favorite game of all time. The 14 people who dislike this game on metacritic I going to slap you all cross your **** ass head Expand
  27. Nov 20, 2012
    how can any one waste this great game the story is very impressive and the graphics too i really love this game and i can not play my ps all stars battle royal because of this game
  28. Nov 24, 2012
    What can I say? This game was a head to head on P3 in the PS2 era, but this version makes it the best in the SMT series, even more than the spin off, Catherine! P4G marks the full beginning of the Vita era, that hopefully will get more outstanding JRPGs as this masterpiece...
  29. Nov 21, 2012
    Persona 4..where to start? Let me just say that the game is quite possibly the most original thing you'll ever find yourself playing story wise, a TV world that you travel in to to fight monsters? Encounter shadow forms of your inner self? Awesome!

Atlus has utterly perfected an already perfect game with Golden, the new features like being able to go out at night and giving you more
    months to play with add so much to an already long game, the combat is incredibly fun, and the music? Don't get me started, sublime.

Persona 4 is by far my favourite game ever, and not only that, is currently leaps and bounds the greatest game on the vita system. The vita's saving grace is here, tune in to the midnight channel tonight!
  30. Aug 24, 2013
    Let me start off be saying that I typically do not care for JRPGs, but this game that I thought might take several months to beat is so deep, so well-voiced and so content-rich that I couldn't put it down, plowing through the whole story (70 hours or so) in just a few weeks.

Any game that can make you excited about reading a book or attending basketball practice must be doing
    something right. The voice actors are phenomenal. The dungeon-crawling gameplay is challenging but fair (with a few minor but completely unavoidable exceptions). The story can be a little absurd at times, but it is a hell of a lot of fun to work through.

This game is an absolute must-play for anyone, regardless of your preferences. If you have a Vita and haven't played this game yet, you're doing things wrong.

1. Apr 18, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is part detective novel, part teenage simulation and part asian RPG – all being important pieces which combine to create some of the most memorable and entertaining moments I’ve ever had with a JRPG.
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden manages to make a classic JRPG even better. A definite buy for any Vita owners, and actually a good enough reason to justify the purchase of Sony's struggling handheld. [Apr 2013]
  3. Persona 4 Golden is a Tardis of a game. Initially, it seems cute and friendly and it hooks you with its murder mystery and time management focus. Once you get inside, it opens up exponentially, awing you with its scope. [March 2013, p76]