7.4

1. Nov 14, 2013
    Not sure exactly what to say about Proteus. It's not a "game" so much as simply time spent wandering around an 8 bit island wilderness looking at digital trees, plants, and landscape while listening to a variety of sounds. If you like that sort of thing you'll probably find it interesting, otherwise you'll probably be bored quite rapidly.

I personally didn't like the game. I found it
    rather dull and pointless with no real goal or purpose other than to wander around and see stuff. There is a beginning and an end to the game, but no actual reason for playing that I can see other than to experience the sights and sounds. You don't actually do anything, you're not on the island for any particular purpose, your arrival and departure don't signify anything meaningful, and in the end if you'd never been there nothing would have changed.

The trophy support may appeal to some and give them a reason to spend a few short hours going through the game, but even then I can't see it being worth the time spent.

I don't really understand why the game got such good reviews. Sure, it's different, but different doesn't automatically equal great, and at the end of the day if you're looking to play a game instead of just experiencing something different, Proteus will be a disappointment.
  2. Sep 8, 2014
    I booted this up on the Vita and spent half an hour wondering what the "point" of the game was... Unlike flower or other artistic type games, there didnt seem to be any objectives or an actual game. I could google it and find out to play the game but in a world of ever more impressive indie Vita games, this has already lost me...
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    This game has serious issues. you cannot do anything about it...................................................................................... FAIL

1. Mar 13, 2014
    Whatever you do, don’t just play the first 10 minutes of it. You’ll be utterly disappointed and will immediately wish you purchased another game. The biggest issue many will face is that there is no clear objective, and not a lot else to do other than walk around. But if you do play this, you’re going to need to stay committed - otherwise you’ll end up throwing your Vita against the wall.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Proteus is a creation that boasts an unusual beauty that’s extremely rare to find in videogames. But besides this, it has not much else to offer.
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    Just like a painting you should really only look at Proteus once. Explore and discover it. A second time might show a few things you've missed along the way. A third time you'll just mostly see things you've already seen. From that point on, the experience break itself down.