Ragnarok Odyssey ACE PlayStation Vita

7.2

1. May 9, 2014
    The game is fun and the graphics are pretty damn good with like 100 hours of gameplay why even complain? i highly recommend people to buy it! Note: I have been playing ragnarok since the original one came out (1999)
  2. Apr 24, 2014
    Ragnarok Odyssey is the only game of it's type on the vita (monster hunter clone) that I've been able to get into. The gameplay is simple and quick paced. Some may think it's a little TOO simple but that doesn't strip the experience of fun or challenge in my opinion. There's enough depth to the RPG system to make the game addicting. Not to mention it's a long game, apparently nearly twiceRagnarok Odyssey is the only game of it's type on the vita (monster hunter clone) that I've been able to get into. The gameplay is simple and quick paced. Some may think it's a little TOO simple but that doesn't strip the experience of fun or challenge in my opinion. There's enough depth to the RPG system to make the game addicting. Not to mention it's a long game, apparently nearly twice as long as the original version because of the new 400 floor dungeon they added. My one complaint is that the professional reviews are mostly right about the game feeling very one-note later on. Go kill this boss you've already killed 4 times in earlier missions. Go kill 100 giants in an area you've already visited over 30 times. A story also may as well not even exist but they still shoehorned it in and it comes off more awkward than immersive. But besides all that I feel the game is really solid, especially in multiplayer. Expand
  3. May 26, 2014
    This game should be one of best PS Vita games - but it fails sooo badly.
    Good for children - lots of colorful monsters to kill.
    NOT for MH fans - it is just so easy to play. I do remember MHFU (best MH game IMHO) - it was just too difficult to play sometimes - and that is how a good game should be. Ragnarok is oversimplified game, which gives you no sense of achievement while you
    This game should be one of best PS Vita games - but it fails sooo badly.
    Good for children - lots of colorful monsters to kill.

Ragnarok is oversimplified game, which gives you no sense of achievement while you advance. And what is killing me in it is the fact that it is boring after only few hours play.
  4. May 19, 2014
    The story is forgettable. The "characters" are blah. It's basically an MMORPG without other people. It's ok, but play the demo before you buy. It gets a little old after a while.

1. Apr 22, 2014
    And while I'm all for developers expanding their colour palettes a little, on the whole I'd much prefer it if the devoted their energies to making innovative gameplay. Otherwise…well, otherwise you just end up making Ragnarok Odyssey.
  2. Apr 21, 2014
    Although Ragnarok Odyssey Ace falls into many of the same pitfalls as its predecessor, it still offers a fair amount of fun if you don't overthink it.
  3. Apr 8, 2014
    It's an enjoyable, cheap that tastes great, but doesn’t fill the stomach for very long and leaves you longing for more substantial fare.