7.0

1. Jan 18, 2015
    Fantastic game to play on the go.

First the negatives: - There is a lot of filler content in the game - It can get a bit boring after a few hours in the game because your options and customisations are still limited at that time, which makes the fights all rather straightforward. - I only found out after 50 hours of playing that you can actually skip the skill movies by pressing R1.
    Fantastic game to play on the go.

First the negatives:
    - There is a lot of filler content in the game
    - I only found out after 50 hours of playing that you can actually skip the skill movies by pressing R1. Might not seem significant but you get annoyed if you have to watch the same animation for the 500th time.
    - Story is nothing exceptional, but that goes for most RPG's

the positives:
    - Looks pretty good visually.
    - Hard game at times, but a very good learning curve. I like my games challenging.
    - End game content is where this game really shines. You have a lot of customisation options at that point and the fighting really becomes based on skill more than based on levelling. And the game really opens up, exploring is very rewarding at that point.

So if you are into traditional RPG's, I'd definitely recommend this game
  2. Dec 8, 2013
    A game with excellent production values and polish. Looks and plays very well and is much fun and addictive. Very recommended for RTS fans, especially if you have some time on your hands (or travel). I'm gonna take this game on my flights and have FUN.
  3. Jun 29, 2015
    Rainbow Moon is a fantastically put together RPG for the Vita. There are some grindy bits, but the game overlal is quite interesting, with a long story arc and a lot of character progression. I can't wait for Rainbow Skies.
  4. Nov 28, 2014
    A nice cross between strategy and RPG. Simple but efficient control, crisp cartoon like graphics and a humorous story all add up to a very enjoyable Vita game. Easily picked up and played for short stints in the waiting room or long sleepless nights. Enough game play to take up many, many hours of your life.

1. Apr 10, 2014
    Those without a Nintendo handheld system that want to know what the Fire Emblem noise is all about will find this to be a decent and competent, though not overly compelling, PlayStation analog.
  2. Shallow combat, annoying upgrade system, and a forgettable plot. Rainbow Moon is no pot of gold. [January 2014, p83]
  3. Attention to detail is one of the strongest points of this compelling RPG. [Feb 2014, p.94]