Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Autoplay On Off
Dec 6, 2013Rainbow Moon is a memorable game. Its compelling RPG elements and careful attention to detail will leave you wanting more – despite its already extraordinary length. Beautiful landscapes, enjoyable music, epic battles, and endless customisation ensure that this release remains a joy for many, many hours. It also happens to be a perfect match for the Vita, and a great travel companion.
Dec 4, 2013The portability of Rainbow Moon makes the game that much more attractive, allowing for addictive grinding in convenient spurts that the PS3 version couldn't allow. The retro presentation and leveling systems work in tandem extremely well, even if the narrative-less grind to max level will take a while.
Dec 27, 2013RPG's like Rainbow Moon are not for everybody. But the creators made sure that everything is very clear and not unnecessarily complicated. The game world is looks phenomenal and it is very fun to walk around in because there are a lot of funny characters to meet. It is so nice to hold this big world within the little screen of the Vita, that we prefer this version over the PS3-one.
Dec 2, 2013Rainbow Moon’s cutesy style and twinkly audio design cleverly disguise a genuinely challenging, surprisingly sprawling adventure with enough depth and variety to appease even the hardiest strategy-RPG fan. Forced grinding and unexpected dfficulty spikes aren’t all that enoyable, but they’re not game-breaking either.
Dec 8, 2013A game with excellent production values and polish. Looks and plays very well and is much fun and addictive. Very recommended for RTS fans,A game with excellent production values and polish. Looks and plays very well and is much fun and addictive. Very recommended for RTS fans, especially if you have some time on your hands (or travel). I'm gonna take this game on my flights and have FUN.… Expand
Jun 29, 2015Rainbow Moon is a fantastically put together RPG for the Vita. There are some grindy bits, but the game overlal is quite interesting, with aRainbow Moon is a fantastically put together RPG for the Vita. There are some grindy bits, but the game overlal is quite interesting, with a long story arc and a lot of character progression. I can't wait for Rainbow Skies.… Expand
Jan 18, 2015Fantastic game to play on the go.
First the negatives: - There is a lot of filler content in the game - It can get a bit boring after aFantastic game to play on the go.
First the negatives:
- There is a lot of filler content in the game
- It can get a bit boring after a few hours in the game because your options and customisations are still limited at that time, which makes the fights all rather straightforward.
- I only found out after 50 hours of playing that you can actually skip the skill movies by pressing R1. Might not seem significant but you get annoyed if you have to watch the same animation for the 500th time.
- Story is nothing exceptional, but that goes for most RPG's
- Looks pretty good visually.
- Hard game at times, but a very good learning curve. I like my games challenging.
- End game content is where this game really shines. You have a lot of customisation options at that point and the fighting really becomes based on skill more than based on levelling. And the game really opens up, exploring is very rewarding at that point.
So if you are into traditional RPG's, I'd definitely recommend this game… Expand
Nov 28, 2014A nice cross between strategy and RPG. Simple but efficient control, crisp cartoon like graphics and a humorous story all add up to a veryA nice cross between strategy and RPG. Simple but efficient control, crisp cartoon like graphics and a humorous story all add up to a very enjoyable Vita game. Easily picked up and played for short stints in the waiting room or long sleepless nights. Enough game play to take up many, many hours of your life.… Expand
Jul 28, 2015Maybe if you disregard the:
- Poor localization
- Completely screwed up level/skill progression - Terrible economy This is still aMaybe if you disregard the:
- Poor localization
- Completely screwed up level/skill progression
- Terrible economy
This is still a barely average game. The word "strategy" does not belong in the conversation when talking about it, as 99% of your time will be spent mauling normal enemy mobs, only to get to a boss character that can OHKO all your characters. This game is just a series of fetch quests strung together by monotonous combat.
If you value your time, avoid this game at all costs - you can go play ten others in the time it would take you to slog through Rainbow Moon.… Expand
Awards & Rankings
- By user score