8.5

1. Sep 18, 2013
    Rayman Legends on the Vita has moments that are absolutely fantastic, and a few that are quite horrible. So let's talk about the good excellent platforming, fun challenge levels, a ton of content, funny, the 3/5 of the music levels are absolutely perfect. This is one of the only games where I actually find it fun to go back and replay a particular level. Now for the bad first the MurphyRayman Legends on the Vita has moments that are absolutely fantastic, and a few that are quite horrible. So let's talk about the good excellent platforming, fun challenge levels, a ton of content, funny, the 3/5 of the music levels are absolutely perfect. This is one of the only games where I actually find it fun to go back and replay a particular level. Now for the bad first the Murphy levels! These are pathetic for us Vita users. At first I thought they were fun, but as it gets more complicated you realize how stupid the AI is which makes them extremely difficult. In addition there is a bug with the accelerometer and many times I had to restart the vita midway through a murphy level as the game was all bugged out and the accelerometer couldn't control it properly. Next, there are a couple music levels that are just "meh". These were a fantastic idea! and the ones that work well are perfect! the others are a disappointment. I'm also a bit unsure what I think about "Origins" content. Of all the lums you collect about 1/3 are coming from Rayman Origins levels that were put into the game.... while there's a "ton of content" this content feels like filler since it's pretty much just Rayman Origins levels. All in all though, the game is good value. I wish so bad they remove the murphy levels, any time i came upon a painting with murphy on it I felt sick, these levels really are a chore. And a few of the music levels are just killer awesome. Expand
  2. Sep 6, 2013
    This game could be a 10. It is chock full of content, even with the missing invasion levels which are supposed to be patched in later. The platform levels are great and there's some real creative design. So why is this a 7 BECAUSE OF THE AWFUL MURFY LEVELS!!! These might be fun as co-op, but honestly how many people have two vitas in the same house (it's not online). Some of these levelsThis game could be a 10. It is chock full of content, even with the missing invasion levels which are supposed to be patched in later. The platform levels are great and there's some real creative design. So why is this a 7 BECAUSE OF THE AWFUL MURFY LEVELS!!! These might be fun as co-op, but honestly how many people have two vitas in the same house (it's not online). Some of these levels are creative, but they are NOT FUN!!! Also, while you are controlling murfy, the AI is doing the platforming and it's not good AI. The PS360 version of the game allow you to control the platforming and do the murf stuff with button prompts and seems like a lot more fun. I wish they would patch the game so we can play it that way... Expand
  3. Sep 26, 2013
    I have to agree with kingofall214.

This game shines on the ps3, but the ps vita port is utterly ruined by the Murphy stages. It would have been okay if 50% of the game wasn't dreadful Murphy levels. The game is also lacking content severely. Tons of levels are missing from the console versions, and 40 of the remaining levels are just Rayman origins levels that were put into
    I have to agree with kingofall214.

It would have been okay if 50% of the game wasn't dreadful Murphy levels.

The game is also lacking content severely. Tons of levels are missing from the console versions, and 40 of the remaining levels are just Rayman origins levels that were put into legends because they had no idea how to artificially lengthen this game. From someone who loved the ps vita version of origins, this game is so painfully disappointing, i feel like smashing my head into a wall. repeatedly. How could they ruin this game so much? The graphics, sound and control are pretty good, but its got a very "seen there, done that" vibe and the story is weak at best. I dreaded every time i had to do the Murphy levels, which force you to guide a dimwitted AI companion through AWESOME levels, that you never get to play. He was constantly skipping lums and dieing, and i just wished that i could platform in those levels, but this game just doesn't let you do that. So basically 60 of the levels in this game are useless, because they are just rayman origins levels, or are just missing entirely. But whats left of the levels? Fun platforming and dreadful Murphy sections, which are basically half the game.

This game is not bad, but the pathetic levels turns this game sour and you need to avoid it at all costs.
  4. Jan 1, 2014
    This game is visually stunning on the Vita's oLED screen. It reminds me a lot of Mario where you simply can't put down, unfortunately though, the "murfy levels" are a big annoyance. There is simply too many of them. On the big plus are the music levels, simply wow.
  5. Nov 20, 2014
    This is a stunning platformer on Vita. It's as glorious as it is on concoles but also shares the same problems which I mentioned on my Wii U-version review.

1. Oct 22, 2013
    Rayman Legends outperforms its predecessor not only quantitative but also in qualitative terms.
  2. Oct 1, 2013
    Rayman Legends on PSVita is a solid conversion, marginally plagued by some minor problems. But still: if you're looking for an enjoyable platforming experience on the go, look no further.
  3. Sep 27, 2013
    Rayman Legends is a masterpiece on every platform, and the PS Vita version is no exception. Nevertheless the game suffer from minor bugs such as a worst graphical definition and the lack, for now, of some levels. This is also the only other version featuring touch controls which makes this, in terms of gameplay, the closest experience to the WiiU version.