Rayman Origins PlayStation Vita

8.4

1. Apr 8, 2017
    Everything in this game is absolutely awesome BEFORE THE LAST LEVEL. If the Souls series are the good example of "difficult but fair", then the last level of this game is the good example of "hard and unfair".
  2. Mar 1, 2012
    Rayman Origins is the best entry in the series by a long shot. I've been a fan since my younger days and played Rayman and Rayman 2 religously. I'm glad to be able to say that I can do that once again. Rayman Origins is everything most modern platformers are not. It's creative, fun, and very replayable. If I had to choose only one thing to praise about this game it would be the artRayman Origins is the best entry in the series by a long shot. I've been a fan since my younger days and played Rayman and Rayman 2 religously. I'm glad to be able to say that I can do that once again. Rayman Origins is everything most modern platformers are not. It's creative, fun, and very replayable. If I had to choose only one thing to praise about this game it would be the art direction hands down. The only game that rivals this one in aesthetic appeal is the Bioshock series. Every where you look there are vibrant colors and shapes coming to life right before your eyes. The gameplay is top-notch as well. The controls are very responsive and not once did I ever feel that I had died a cheap death. The game is filled with the series trademark humor and will often have you laughjing out loud at some of the hilarious things that go on. I'm 20 years old and I can't believe how much I laughed while playing this game. If you are getting a Playstation Vita this a must have unless you already own it for console. I feel like writing the developers and begging for another entry as polished and creative as this one. This is the reason I still play video games. Games like these make wading through all the mediocrity worth it. Collapse

1. May 5, 2012
    Rayman: Origins feels refreshing, even on the Vita, with amazing graphics and carefully thought out platform action. The cooperative mode got replaced by a ghost mode, which is disappointing, but also the best decision Ubisoft could've made. On the road this mode is easy to pick up and play, which is essential for a handheld game.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Apr 11, 2012
    The omission of four-player cooperative play (as seen in its PS3 counterpart) hurts and seems a bit of an oversight but that doesn't stop it from being a damned fine platformer. Rayman Origins looks a treat, plays pretty sweet and walks its own beat. [April 2012, p75]
  3. Games Master UK