8.5

1. Nov 20, 2014
    A very great console game is also a very great handheld game. The versions are almost identical but this version you have exclusive collectables. That's a nice addition compared to many other "ports" that are 100 % identical.
  2. Mar 20, 2014
    Rayman Origins stands out in a 3D era better then any 3D platformer. Mesmerizing graphics and brillant levels plus speed and constant challenge. Rewarding and a must buy for the Vita. I had enormous fun on buses, trains and just in my bed away from the TV trying to discover every single aspect of the games large and beatiful world. Games like this deserve more attention and its a shame that they don't sell well because its old-school and 2D. A real shame....... Expand
  3. Jan 11, 2014
    Rayman origins, while solid, good looking and fun in places, quickly gets boring. The story is unclear, the gameplay, like I said, gets very boring, and even though it's original and kinda quirky is bettered by a game released in 2003 (Rayman 3)! If you want to buy a Rayman game, get Rayman 3. This one is distinctly forgettable, and really dull.
  4. Oct 1, 2013
    Very funny game. Amazing graphics, sound, gameplay. I think games like mario and sonic must have a rebuild with the same quality then this game.

Congratulations ubisoft.
  5. Sep 10, 2013
    Wow this game got everything platform game needs to be a hit. Great art design, amazing sound design, beautiful graphics and incredible gameplay. This game surely is a masterpiece and is easily recommended for anyone looking for a superb platform´er!
  6. Sep 5, 2013
    This version it's too good to be igonored by Vita owners, a really good job was implemented with the function of the zoom camera and the aditional content turn this version in a must have.
  7. Aug 10, 2013
    Since launch, the Vita has been lacking in terms of console-quality games. While there have been a few good ones (e.g. Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Little Big Planet Vita), I feel that Rayman Origins really hit it out of the park. This is one of those rare cases where a portable title actually ends up being better than its console counterparts. With the addition of some new trophies, Rayman Origins on the Vita keeps everything that was great about the PS3 version (including the HD graphics) while still packing on some new content. There is now an all new "Ghost Mode" which allows you to challenge friends as you race them through levels. The touchscreen is also usable in Origins, and is 100% optional. Never once during Origins 60+ levels did the game get repetitive. Rayman Origins is not only one of the greatest platformers of the generation, but it is one of the best games on the Vita altogether. Expand
  8. Jul 20, 2013
    Got it when it was available on IGC and I must say that it is a very fun and smart game. Many stages, many secrets and collectibles, nice trophy list and beautifull graphics make this a winning package
  9. Jun 23, 2013
    Vita's low catalogue needs quality games. And this game is Platform Quality!. With a fantastic and genuine animation and control, this game is stunning. Rayman series are really back to their origins, and follow the steps that 80 's Nintendo established. No story but lots of fun. And it does it really really good.
    The game perfectly matches with portable consoles, even though multiplayer
    features are down. Very funny BSO that makes you impossible to low the volume down.
    6 different themes for a very long game. Adds characteristics like relics that are secondary collectible features. Great choice to hardcore players that want a challenging platinum trophy.
    Worst points: No on line multiplayer. The game is really based on multiplayer... and vita does not support it, great shame. No much power ups, only 4 (and one of them is just for some levels only)
    Best point: Very fun... Why? because it is really, can't tell in words, just try it!

TOTALLY RECOMMENDED
  10. Jun 10, 2013
    Wonderfuly drawn and animated worlds with themed music, lots of challenging levels to explore, flying on mosquito, diving into sea, treasure chest chasing, memorable boss battles... Rayman at it's best.
  11. Feb 16, 2013
    Brings out what the vita can do. Very cool game too, great music and maybe the best 2D graphics around. Mario has met his match. Have been playing it little by little to savour it for longer (not saying it's short, though), got the platinum today.
  12. Nov 28, 2012
    A truely fun 2D side scrolling game, I thought Mario and maybe little big planet were all there really was in this genre but when I picked up this game used I was really impressed, it looks great and plays smooth. I've been telling my Vita friend he needs to pick it up. no multiplayer options to speak of but it is a rich enough experience without it. I haven't beaten it yet but I think I'm in for lots of fun! This is a perfect game for the Vita Expand
  13. Oct 3, 2012
    Portable platformer perfection. Several different ways to pass a stage. Well worth the cost and fairly high on the replay value. Art direction and soundtrack are above average.
  14. Aug 11, 2012
    This game, is AMAZING! Best game on the vita. Buy it now. The graphics are great, the gameplay is great, the music is great, everything is great. I love this game so much I played it non stop, and even got the platinum, and found all the secrets. I completed this game 100%, because it's just that good. it's not short either. You should get a solid 10+ hour story. Don't don't make games like this any more. Easily a 10/10 Buy it now! Expand
  15. Jul 31, 2012
    This game is fantastic! I hadn't previously played many Rayman games and I found myself with no other option than to buy this game after I played the demo for 6 hours.
    No regrets here. Nothing bad to say about this game!
  16. Jul 24, 2012
    While the multiplayer mode is gone, this is still one of the best platformers ever created. Absolutely beautiful graphics, great sound effects and music, relatively short load times, and genuinely fun gameplay. The control on Vita is actually superior to that of the PS3 version (I noticed this on the Tricky Treasure levels where twitch button pushing is the name of the game). This game immediately became one of my all-time favorite platformers (along with Super Mario Bros. 3, Donkey Kong Country, Crash Bandicoot, and Jak and Daxter). Expand
  17. Jun 25, 2012
    With so many games these days focusing their stories on dark and bleak themes such as apocalyptic zombie attacks, all out nuclear war and the end of humanity as we know it. Rayman Origins is a much needed respite from the dull browns and camo greens of blockbuster triple A games.

It
  18. Jun 1, 2012
    I thought Rayman was OK until this game. This is far the best Rayman. I thought I was going to hate it because I hated the PS1 2D Rayman but this game is awesome. The level design is always clever and fun. Only bad spot is the crazy collecting needed. I got collect 300 stupid flys in each level to 100%??? F*#$ No! I prefer simple a small amount of New Super Mario style coins for going to challenging places. Never one for the French animation styling but the gameplay makes up for it. I play a lot of platformers and they don't make platformers with this much polish and care anymore. Lots of fun! Expand
  19. May 30, 2012
    Not only is it the most ambitious game in the Rayman series, it deserves a place among the best platformers of all time. If you like this type of game at all, don't hesitate to pick it up. I haven't played the console versions but I found that it runs just fine on the vita and the touch controls feel natural.
  20. May 25, 2012
    If you like platformers then you will love this. It's is the most gorgeous looking game I have seen. The colours in the game really stand out on the Vita and every level is a pleasure to complete. There are the typical cages to find as well as artifacts, extra characters to unlock and time trials to run. This is quite simply a brilliant game and is a must but even if it doesn't have multiplayer.
  21. May 24, 2012
    Easy to pick up, light gameplay, cool style, wish it had some multiplayer co-op but otherwise everything I could hope for. Its a standard platformer committed to a time tested formula and it succeeds. If you are looking for innovation wait for LBP, if you are a fan of comical, stylized graphics, and an all around good time, Rayman's got it.
  22. May 16, 2012
    Awesome. Amazing graphics, good level design, and interesting power-ups. It's very creative, but it's difficult, almost to the point of ragequitting. Especially near the end.
  23. May 11, 2012
    Rayman Origins actually translates very well to the PS Vita. It looks gorgeous and better yet there are plenty of levels that are only a minute or two long each if you are playing on the go. Plus with the ability to simply put your Vita to sleep you can pick up right where you left off. The game is ridiculously fun and some of the trophies are going to keep you coming back for more and more and more. This is definitely a title worth purchasing for your Vita if you enjoy platform games. Expand
  24. May 7, 2012
    It works good, it sounds good, it looks good, its addictive and thus has a high replay value. It's also a very refreshing 2D game and the art used for the games really pulls you in. Best game on the Vita yet.
  25. May 3, 2012
    This was a real surprise treat! Excellent game design in all aspects. I really would have liked to see the coop mode intact for this release, but otherwise it's a solid platformer. Highly recommended!
  26. May 1, 2012
    Perfect example of what can be achieved when developers embrace current gen technology & formulate it into something so beautiful & creative. COD clones take note! This is a game worthy of current gen status.
  27. Apr 13, 2012
    Very good, classic style Platformer. Very Playable and very light hearted good fun! If your sick of guns, explosions and just want to play something to make you smile go and buy this game! Excellent graphics and fun animation!
  28. Apr 9, 2012
    I had a great amount of fun with this game. Its fast paced in parts but you want slow down just to admire the beauty of it. It's a classical side scrolling platforming game. The artistic design of the levels cannot be matched. Put this game together with a OLED screen and you have perfection.
  29. Apr 3, 2012
    This is the best Vita game to date. Beautiful from the moment you turn it on. The art design is just breath taking. This is the best Rayman game to date. The touch screen on the Vita fits right into the gameplay. You'll enjoy every moment you have with this game. It's a MUST OWN!
  30. Apr 2, 2012
    Simply put the best game you can have on Vita now. The screen does it's job and the game looks incredibly vibrant and colourful. The gameplay is an awesome platformer, giving just enough challenge to keep it interesting till the very end. Just get it already.

1. May 5, 2012
    Rayman: Origins feels refreshing, even on the Vita, with amazing graphics and carefully thought out platform action. The cooperative mode got replaced by a ghost mode, which is disappointing, but also the best decision Ubisoft could've made. On the road this mode is easy to pick up and play, which is essential for a handheld game.
  2. The omission of four-player cooperative play (as seen in its PS3 counterpart) hurts and seems a bit of an oversight but that doesn't stop it from being a damned fine platformer. Rayman Origins looks a treat, plays pretty sweet and walks its own beat. [April 2012, p75]
  3. Apr 4, 2012