7.2

1. Oct 30, 2013
    This game was a great surprise on Vita.

I loved how much depth they managed to squeeze into such a simple premise. Each fight seems like a puzzle that requires good timing, skill and a lot of strategy. The graphics won't blow you away, but are great for what the game is (a small indie game). I won't give it a 8 because it could be cheaper for what it is, or more polished for how much
    This game was a great surprise on Vita.

The graphics won't blow you away, but are great for what the game is (a small indie game). I won't give it a 8 because it could be cheaper for what it is, or more polished for how much it cost (maybe with more game modes or trophies).

Anyhow, this game took me off guard and surprised me for the amount of fun it offered. I've completed the career mode twice now. I still have one trophy to collect, so I guess I'll be revisiting it every now and then.
  2. Jul 24, 2014
    A disappointing game let down by bad AI and a lack of speed / fluidity.

As you progress in career mode it feels like the computer cheats rather than the difficulty increasing. You can work hard blocking and jabbing only to have your hard earned gain wiped out inexplicably by shots from your opponent that appeared to be blocked. The game feels sluggish. Even with 100% speed your jabs
    A disappointing game let down by bad AI and a lack of speed / fluidity.

The game feels sluggish. Even with 100% speed your jabs and combinations are slow apart from once in a blue moon when they inexplicably speed up for a couple of hits. I can throw faster punch combinations than these professional boxers!

1. Oct 23, 2013
    Real Boxing is decent if you don't mind predictable boxing, a shallow creation system, inconsistent controls and an abandoned online community.
  2. Oct 19, 2013
    Manages to be suitably addictive. [Dec 2013, p.67]
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    Real Boxing has a lot of the core fundamentals in place. It has customizable fighters, training mini-games, a career mode and competent multiplayer online matches. Unfortunately, the whole thing is marred by simplistic controls, cheesy animation and computer opponents that don't put up much of a fight. The groundwork is done, but Real Boxing comes up short of the KO!